PDA

View Full Version : Snyder Looking for New HC

Matthew328
03-21-2016, 06:23 PM
Happy for my childhood friend James Polk, an Everman boy who leaves Snyder to take the same position at Gainesville

Snyder_TigerFan
03-21-2016, 07:02 PM
Hmmm...

Sweetwater Red
03-21-2016, 08:19 PM
Shane Mobley vs. Kyle Freeman next season? :thinking:

slingshot
03-21-2016, 09:04 PM
Happy for my childhood friend James Polk, an Everman boy who leaves Snyder to take the same position at GainesvilleThat didn't take long...

Matthew328
03-21-2016, 09:50 PM
That didn't take long...

Polk has a good pedigree and offers were certainly going to come his way....Gainesville is closer to home for him and I think some budget concerns in Snyder ISD were factors as well...

Snyder_TigerFan
03-22-2016, 09:30 AM
Snyder needs someone that is going to stick around for a while. The last 2 AD's have come and gone within a couple of years. Hard to build a successful program like that. Snyder has nice facilities and have athletes, and have athletes coming up, just need personnel in place that is going to stick around. I assume that any personnel decisions that might have in the works may be out the window now.

Sweetwater Red
03-22-2016, 09:45 AM
In all seriousness, this is disappointing for us too. I had heard from more than one Snyder faithful
last season that the Tigers were a year away from competing with the Wylies and Brownwoods
and now this setback.

I mentioned Freeman earlier as a possibility because a local guy coming home usually has more
of a sense of loyalty to the team and the community. Although the superintendent may want
someone with more AD/HC experience. I for one would like to see though.

lv2937
03-22-2016, 02:38 PM
I disagree with local boys are more loyal. When Shipley came to Burnet be said that he wanted to stay here till he retired. School board fell for it. As soon as talent was gone, so was Shipley. Looks like he has done that more than once. Money talks loyalty walks.

Tink4392
03-22-2016, 02:49 PM
Happy for my childhood friend James Polk, an Everman boy who leaves Snyder to take the same position at Gainesville

What year did you and James Polk graduate from Everman, my dad was part of the class of 87.

Matthew328
03-22-2016, 07:51 PM
What year did you and James Polk graduate from Everman, my dad was part of the class of 87.

Polk graduated in 1996 was the QB at Everman....ran track for the 1995 state title team and was the starting CF on the baseball team...signed with Hawaii as a 2 sport athlete out of HS

Snyder_TigerFan
04-25-2016, 09:13 PM
Any insight on this one? Suppose to announce it Wednesday.

clcannon17
04-25-2016, 10:04 PM
Hmm
Brownwood, Snyder, and Big Spring all getting new coaches. Throw in the the fact Stephenville's coach is rather new, it should be interesting to see where the district goes.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

hollywood
04-25-2016, 10:39 PM
Hmm
Brownwood, Snyder, and Big Spring all getting new coaches. Throw in the the fact Stephenville's coach is rather new, it should be interesting to see where the district goes.

Intersting points clcannon17 aside from Stephenville's coach being rather new. He's been there for years.. Just as an OC in years past. ;)

clcannon17
04-25-2016, 10:42 PM
Intersting points clcannon17 aside from Stephenville's coach being rather new. He's been there for years.. Just as an OC in years past. ;)
You know what I meant. New as a head coach.
It does offer a clear advantage for him though - the system is virtually the same.

slingshot
04-26-2016, 08:23 AM
Hmm

Sent from my Nexus 6P using TapatalkIt goes through Wylie... if we can coach up a new QB this year we can be better than last year. I have confidence Sandifer can accomplish that task.

Phantom Stang
04-26-2016, 08:50 AM
Any insight on this one? Suppose to announce it Wednesday.

Well, looks like it won't be Kyle Freeman....
http://www.gosanangelo.com/sports/local/former-asu-football-track-all-american-freeman-to-coach-ozona-football-31198619-f324-2b20-e053-01000-376786481.html

clcannon17
04-26-2016, 08:52 AM
It goes through Wylie... if we can coach up a new QB this year we can be better than last year. I have confidence Sandifer can accomplish that task.
Sandifer could coach a bag of potatoes to a winning season.
The rest of the coaches have a lot to compete against. That being said I'm very confident in Brownwood's hire. Should make for a really good year of football.

slingshot
04-26-2016, 08:35 PM
Sandifer could coach a bag of potatoes to a winning season....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using TapatalkHave actually seen that a few times. A couple of years we had a dearth of talent (i.e. 'not much!'), I had predicted us to go 2-8 or 3-7 and low and behold we go 6-6 or 7-5 and two rounds in the playoffs. In years we have good talent it's a trip to the Semi's or to State. Coach Sandifer does get the most out of the kids...

clcannon17
04-26-2016, 08:52 PM
Have actually seen that a few times. A couple of years we had a dearth of talent (i.e. 'not much!'), I had predicted us to go 2-8 or 3-7 and low and behold we go 6-6 or 7-5 and two rounds in the playoffs. In years we have good talent it's a trip to the Semi's or to State. Coach Sandifer does get the most out of the kids...
When Sandifer gets his 40th year at Wylie (unless he retires) y'all better do something special for him.
It's not often you have a coach that good stay at a place for that long.

Snyder_TigerFan
04-28-2016, 04:07 PM
In all seriousness, this is disappointing for us too. I had heard from more than one Snyder faithful
last season that the Tigers were a year away from competing with the Wylies and Brownwoods
and now this setback.

I mentioned Freeman earlier as a possibility because a local guy coming home usually has more
of a sense of loyalty to the team and the community. Although the superintendent may want
someone with more AD/HC experience. I for one would like to see though.

Local boy it is. Cory Mandrell accepted the position. He graduated from Snyder and coached with Rogers in Snyder and went to Denison as offensive coordinator when Rogers took the AD position there.