PDA

View Full Version : History of 3A Down Low??

olddawggreen
01-31-2004, 12:14 AM
I have really enjoyed this site over the last couple of years, but I know very little about the history of the site. Can someone please fill me in on some of the details of who developed the site, what was involved, how long it took to construct it, ect.... To all of those involved in the development and maintainance of the site, you have done an incredible job. I greatly appreciate it. Many thanks!

poncho
01-31-2004, 08:09 PM
olddawggreen:
I have really enjoyed this site over the last couple of years, but I know very little about the history of the site. Can someone please fill me in on some of the details of who developed the site, what was involved, how long it took to construct it, ect.... To all of those involved in the development and maintainance of the site, you have done an incredible job. I greatly appreciate it. Many thanks!I agree olddawggreen its a great place to stop by. There are a lot of smart people on this site. You know I'm hoping some of it will rub off!! :D :D

CHS_CG
01-31-2004, 08:57 PM
If you stay apart of it for a long time it will. I agree, yall do a great job keeping this site up! Thanks guys!

olddawggreen
02-02-2004, 01:53 PM
????

sinton66
02-03-2004, 06:45 PM
The admins can correct me if I get any of this wrong, but here goes.

The site was originally the brainchild of Bearcat1 and Gobbla2001. It started out as just the homepage, and the messages were handled on the guestbook. Jacket 2000 and Matthew joined the site. Each of the four admins originally did a region apiece. Sometime after the first year, they went to a full message board. I joined in Dec of 2001, and the message board was sort of as you see now. It was upgraded to the current version last year. Gobbla is no longer an admin. Only Bearcat1, Jacket 2000, and Matthew328 have admin priviledges. We also last year started the contributions to buy a new server as the site had grown so much, it was bogging down the original server which housed multiple websites. We now have our own server. The guy that signs on as Administrator (member #1) maintains the server for us. His name is Matt, and he does a super job for the site. The server is located in the Bridge City area. That's about all I can think of.

bearcat1
02-03-2004, 08:29 PM
sinton66:

The site was originally the brainchild of Bearcat1 and Gobbla2001. It started out as just the homepage, and the messages were handled on the guestbook. Jacket 2000 and Matthew joined the site. Each of the four admins originally did a region apiece. Sometime after the first year, they went to a full message board. I joined in Dec of 2001, and the message board was sort of as you see now. It was upgraded to the current version last year. Gobbla is no longer an admin. Only Bearcat1, Jacket 2000, and Matthew328 have admin priviledges. We also last year started the contributions to buy a new server as the site had grown so much, it was bogging down the original server which housed multiple websites. We now have our own server. The guy that signs on as Administrator (member #1) maintains the server for us. His name is Matt, and he does a super job for the site. The server is located in the Bridge City area. That's about all I can think of.Only a minor correction. I don't have any administrator priveleges anymore. They just let me keep the title under my name for posterity --but I have absolutely no power here, LOL. Everyone pretty much accepts my "administrator" title for the meaningless fluff that it is. :D

bc

3afan2K3
02-03-2004, 08:34 PM
Well now that I know that, I really think we need another REAL administrator.......And why isn't gobbla an administrator anymore?

<small>[ February 03, 2004, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

sinton66
02-03-2004, 08:38 PM
Lets not get that started again, please. He's not anymore and won't be again.

3afan2K3
02-03-2004, 08:41 PM
sinton66 check PM there should be 2

<small>[ February 03, 2004, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

bearcat1
02-03-2004, 08:47 PM
3afan2K3:
Well now that I know that, I really think we need another REAL administrator.......And why isn't gobbla an administrator anymore?Gobbla and I no longer do this site. But I think Matt and J2K do fine by themselves.

bc

3afan2K3
02-03-2004, 08:47 PM
Does anyone know why Eye Of The Tiger hasnt posted since last year before the tailgate party

sinton66
02-03-2004, 08:49 PM
3afan2K3:
sinton66 check PM there should be 2re'd both

3afan2K3
02-03-2004, 08:52 PM
sinton66:

3afan2K3:
sinton66 check PM there should be 2re'd bothback at you

<small>[ February 03, 2004, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

District303aPastPlayer
02-03-2004, 10:50 PM
3afan2K3:
Does anyone know why Eye Of The Tiger hasnt posted since last year before the tailgate partyI believe he got lost on his way and wound up in a small border town in Mexico where he is now the mayor and will take over power from Vicente Fox in 2004

SintonFan
02-03-2004, 11:04 PM
District303aPastPlayer:

3afan2K3:
Does anyone know why Eye Of The Tiger hasnt posted since last year before the tailgate partyI believe he got lost on his way and wound up in a small border town in Mexico where he is now the mayor and will take over power from Vicente Fox in 2004eek!
Gimme some of what your having. :)

sinton66
02-03-2004, 11:11 PM
Well, ya gotta admit, it showed imagination! :D

j_dog
02-04-2004, 01:18 AM
sinton66:

... The server is located in the Bridge City area. That's about all I can think of.Don't tell anymore about the location! Those Al Quada fellows will be blowing up the server because even they know how important 3a football is to the nation. :D

onfirebball05mustang
02-04-2004, 09:08 AM
j_dog:

sinton66:

... The server is located in the Bridge City area. That's about all I can think of.Don't tell anymore about the location! Those Al Quada fellows will be blowing up the server because even they know how important 3a football is to the nation. :D it is pretty darn important, ain't it? It would mean that Texas would lose it's sense of manhood, no more tailgates! very sad in my opinion
LOL :p

SINTON81
02-04-2004, 09:47 AM
District303aPastPlayer:

3afan2K3:
Does anyone know why Eye Of The Tiger hasnt posted since last year before the tailgate partyI believe he got lost on his way and wound up in a small border town in Mexico where he is now the mayor and will take over power from Vicente Fox in 2004No, he got arrested for streaking at the Super Bowl. :D :D