PDA

View Full Version : Brookshire Royal will not field a varsity team this season in 27-4A

Scoop27
03-16-2016, 06:45 PM
Royal will not field a varsity baseball team this season - (I presume because a lack of players in the program)
That leaves Wharton, Sealy, Columbus, El Campo and Bay City- As teams will play 8 district games and have a bi in the schedule.

Weebe
03-16-2016, 10:45 PM
Royal will not field a varsity baseball team this season - (I presume because a lack of players in the program)
That leaves Wharton, Sealy, Columbus, El Campo and Bay City- As teams will play 8 district games and have a bi in the schedule.

That's probably better than their kids going through losing every game by 10-15 runs.

XMan
03-17-2016, 06:55 AM
Royal hasnt had any varsity type players in, well, forever so I dont know that this is a surprise. They are 5 miles from Katy and all the good baseball they play in that area but for whatever reason, baseball just hasnt worked out at Royal. Waller County just isnt the place for good baseball it seems. I keep thinking that at some point, Royal is going to explode with all the Katy growth. Someday, they will likely have multiple 6a schools and some of them will probably play really good baseball. It just wont be this year.

Scoop27
03-17-2016, 12:25 PM
Not a 100% fact that Royal will not field a varsity team-Heard this report on El Campo Radio Station KULP Sport Report.But Royal ISD website has baseball team playing games-unless it's not specified that it could be junior varsity.
Will try and find out for sure when I call the school next week to confirm this fact

cards4me
03-17-2016, 11:22 PM
Not a 100% fact that Royal will not field a varsity team-Heard this report on El Campo Radio Station KULP Sport Report.But Royal ISD website has baseball team playing games-unless it's not specified that it could be junior varsity.
Will try and find out for sure when I call the school next week to confirm this fact

I think it is a done deal .