PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable

Dub-C
03-15-2016, 04:04 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160315/ea4659840aad2ba33e8c2fb5987654dd.jpg

If you seen these stats and this kid's GPA which is just as impressive. What would your opinion be about him going to College?

Rabid Cougar
03-16-2016, 08:36 AM
Depends. What level/class did he play at and what size is he?

Dub-C
03-16-2016, 10:32 AM
Depends. What level/class did he play at and what size is he?
5ft 9in. 220 lbs 4.65 40
class 4a

d0tc0m
03-16-2016, 02:39 PM
5ft 9in. 220 lbs 4.65 40
class 4a

How are his grades? What's his extra-curricular like (not counting football)? What's his social media activity like? How do his coaches/teachers/teammates speak of him?

Dub-C
03-16-2016, 02:43 PM
Graduating in the top part of the class, played basketball, see his social media everyday, no problems. Everyone loves him.

Rocket Man
03-16-2016, 03:06 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160315/ea4659840aad2ba33e8c2fb5987654dd.jpg

If you seen these stats and this kid's GPA which is just as impressive. What would your opinion be about him going to College?

Dakarius Bell

Columbia Roughnecks

Are you posting this because he's not getting any college offers?

Dub-C
03-16-2016, 04:03 PM
Dakarius Bell

Columbia Roughnecks

Are you posting this because he's not getting any college offers?
I know I'm very partial to him, but it doesnt take away the fact that he is a good RB. And no he is not, I cant understand why he isn't.

Roughneck93
03-16-2016, 04:13 PM
Young man should be playing somewhere next year....

d0tc0m
03-16-2016, 05:55 PM
Graduating in the top part of the class, played basketball, see his social media everyday, no problems. Everyone loves him.

Having never seen him play in person, I can't speak to what college coaches and recruiting coordinators think of his style of play and where they view his talent ceiling. Those stats look great, good to hear he sounds like he's got a good head on his shoulders, makes good grades and things like that. It's hard to say why he's not getting any offers, but there are any number of reasons why that could be the case.

I would also ask this last question: What has he and his coach done as far as getting his recruiting profile/highlights out to college coaches and recruiters?

Dub-C
03-17-2016, 07:29 AM
Having never seen him play in person, I can't speak to what college coaches and recruiting coordinators think of his style of play and where they view his talent ceiling. Those stats look great, good to hear he sounds like he's got a good head on his shoulders, makes good grades and things like that. It's hard to say why he's not getting any offers, but there are any number of reasons why that could be the case.

I would also ask this last question: What has he and his coach done as far as getting his recruiting profile/highlights out to college coaches and recruiters?
That I dont know.

d0tc0m
03-17-2016, 08:25 AM
That I dont know.

That'd be worth looking into, if you are truly concerned about the kid getting some looks. A lot of people - and some uneducated coaches - assume you can play well, put up good numbers for a few years and colleges will just come knocking. Unfortunately, that's just not the case for 99.99% of HS athletes. It's possible the head coach has helped the kid fill out his recruiting profile for the NCAA's clearinghouse, and maybe has helped send out some highlights and questionnaires, I just don't know. But I do know those are steps that will certainly have to be taken if this kid really is interested in playing at the next level. If he's just a junior, there's still time. If he's a senior, it'll be an uphill climb, and he may be forced to walk on somewhere.

Additup
03-17-2016, 04:30 PM
Sounds like a great high school football player. Unless hes running at the state track meet, he'll have to walk on and prove he can play at 5'9 & 220. Good luck finding the right fit.

Rabid Cougar
03-17-2016, 06:46 PM
Cameron's Trai'on Smith has no offers... you have seen what he can do.

Weebe
03-17-2016, 11:07 PM
I just watched his film. In my opinion, I think his problem is that he is more of a fullback type kid. Not fast enough to be a D1 RB in a single back offense.

Unfortunately, not many teams use a FB any more. To an extent, Kevin Dove from El Campo is the same type of back that is limited by his speed, although he did end up signing with UTEP.

FB-fanatic
03-18-2016, 08:02 PM
I just watched his film. In my opinion, I think his problem is that he is more of a fullback type kid. Not fast enough to be a D1 RB in a single back offense.

Unfortunately, not many teams use a FB any more. To an extent, Kevin Dove from El Campo is the same type of back that is limited by his speed, although he did end up signing with UTEP.

Felt like my son fell into that same mold in 2013. Rushed for nearly 2000 yds as a jr with another 1700 passing and 250 points scored, and similar numbers as a sr., but just played in the wrong era. I'm assuming the WC kid is getting D3 looks, and maybe some D2's?

Rabid Cougar
03-19-2016, 05:55 PM
Probably thinking he has no upside, he has peaked.

FB-Fan your boy was stud and I take noting away from what he accomplished. He wasn't going to run over Dlinemen and LBs at then next level the way he did in high school.