PDA

View Full Version : Fedora Resigns From Navasota

OldBison75
03-09-2016, 11:37 AM
Just heard that Lee Fedora has submitted his resignation from Navasota. Fedora brought dignity and leadership to Navasota and was embarrassed by a no vote by the school board a few weeks ago. He will be missed in Navasota and we, the fans, wish him nothing but the best wherever he goes. The school board better watch out come election time. I will update as I find out more!!!

OldBison75
03-09-2016, 12:01 PM
Reported by KBTX Channel Three in Bryan:

http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Navasota-Athletic-DirectorHead-Football-Coach-Resigns-371532311.html

nobogey72
03-09-2016, 12:07 PM
It makes me think that he might end up with his brother.

lostaussie
03-09-2016, 12:28 PM
Wow!!!

Bullaholic
03-09-2016, 12:41 PM
Absolute shame that drama and politics have to affect everything in life today. Seems like nothing is straight up anymore, anywhere. I wish this bright and very successful coach well wherever he ends up.

bobcat1
03-09-2016, 12:42 PM
I'm guessing Little Johnny didn't get to play??? Idiots

slingshot
03-09-2016, 01:30 PM
Saw this one coming. You embarrass a top-flight coach publicly he returns the favor...

cougartino
03-09-2016, 01:55 PM
What the...

Dawgs
03-09-2016, 02:03 PM
That's a shame. From an outside point of view Navasota was getting a deal on Fedora at under 100k per year. He was sacrificing money to be somewhere he wanted to be until he was embarrassed by the same people he was being loyal too. Time for him to go get paid. Wish Navasota fans and students nothing but the best. Have alot of respect for the program. Hopefully yall will land on your feet. Still got the jimmies and joes. Just gotta find somebody who can coach the X's and O's.

hookandladder
03-09-2016, 02:05 PM
I guess the real question is there anymore to this story or is it just ignorant school board members, we have ours here in LG as well. LOL.

Crow22
03-09-2016, 02:27 PM
Just heard that Lee Fedora has submitted his resignation from Navasota. Fedora brought dignity and leadership to Navasota and was embarrassed by a no vote by the school board a few weeks ago. He will be missed in Navasota and we, the fans, wish him nothing but the best wherever he goes. The school board better watch out come election time. I will update as I find out more!!!

Good for Lee. He just gave a big ole middle finger to that bunch of morons on the school board.

Breacher9
03-09-2016, 03:29 PM
Fedora did what a lot of coaches only wish they would have the chance to do one day. Give a big middle finger to the school board like Crow just said. It is a shame that some of these school boards pull this type of stuff. Many school boards across the state do not always have the kids in their best interest. They just wanna use what little power they are given being elected a school board member. Notice I did not say ALL school boards.

XMan
03-09-2016, 07:01 PM
This is pretty much a good example of karma all the way around. Fedora has proven that he can win games. He will land a WAY better gig than he ever had at Nasty Soda. What I dont get is why these small schools let their athletic directors get so powerful. Looks to me that the first time he was said no to, he hooked em. Who I feel sorry for are all of the other coaches that will be involved. All the coaches at Nasty Soda are now in limbo due to nothing they could control. Im thinking that Fedora will go the college route, personally. If he does go high school route he is notorious for getting rid of all existing coaches on the staff that he takes over, so those coaches need to beware as well. Good luck to all involved.

OldBison75
03-10-2016, 12:21 AM
This is pretty much a good example of karma all the way around. Fedora has proven that he can win games. He will land a WAY better gig than he ever had at Nasty Soda. What I dont get is why these small schools let their athletic directors get so powerful. Looks to me that the first time he was said no to, he hooked em. Who I feel sorry for are all of the other coaches that will be involved. All the coaches at Nasty Soda are now in limbo due to nothing they could control. Im thinking that Fedora will go the college route, personally. If he does go high school route he is notorious for getting rid of all existing coaches on the staff that he takes over, so those coaches need to beware as well. Good luck to all involved.

Fedora has taken the high road in this. He is not criticizing the school board, but simply said in an interview that after hearing about changes in the administration that are planned, he felt now was the time to move on. He has no job lined up right now and even told a booster that he was willing to sit out of coaching a year if he had to. Also, this was discussed with his coaching staff and they all agreed with his decision and support him. I suspect that some will stay here if the new coach wants them, but some will move on too. By the way, he has been told no several times before and stayed. This had nothing to do with him asking for anything, and everything to do with the way his contract renewal was presented to the school board and they handled the situation.

HEMOTOXIC
03-10-2016, 12:23 PM
this is pretty much a good example of karma all the way around. Fedora has proven that he can win games. He will land a way better gig than he ever had at nasty soda. What i dont get is why these small schools let their athletic directors get so powerful. Looks to me that the first time he was said no to, he hooked em. Who i feel sorry for are all of the other coaches that will be involved. All the coaches at nasty soda are now in limbo due to nothing they could control. Im thinking that fedora will go the college route, personally. If he does go high school route he is notorious for getting rid of all existing coaches on the staff that he takes over, so those coaches need to beware as well. Good luck to all involved.

Clueless!

slingshot
03-10-2016, 02:24 PM
Epic Fail by the NISD board. They may find another coach as good as Coach Fedora... but guys like him don't exactly grow on trees. Something tells me you guys will have several new board members after the next series of elections.

YTBulldogs
03-10-2016, 03:27 PM
Something tells me you guys will have several new board members after the next series of elections.

:2thumbsup

bobcat1
03-10-2016, 08:34 PM
I wonder whose little boy didn't get to play?

d0tc0m
03-10-2016, 10:33 PM
What does that one school board member who made that ridiculous Facebook rant have to say now?

Rabid Cougar
03-11-2016, 11:55 AM
He just wanted to come to Cameron.

coach
03-14-2016, 09:21 AM
What is the takl around Navasota? Are they mad at Fedora or supporting him for getting jerked around?

OldBison75
03-14-2016, 11:13 PM
He really has unbelievable support from the Rattler faithful The majority believe he was shafted and embarrassed publically by the school board and Supt, Many people are working to have an appreciation rally for Fedora. According to the booster club, they have already received several hundred dollars in donations to provide food and some kind of really nice gift for Fedora and family.

zebrablue2
03-15-2016, 08:09 AM
He really has unbelievable support from the Rattler faithful The majority believe he was shafted and embarrassed publically by the school board and Supt, Many people are working to have an appreciation rally for Fedora. According to the booster club, they have already received several hundred dollars in donations to provide food and some kind of really nice gift for Fedora and family.

:clap:

Snotbubbles
03-15-2016, 08:28 AM
How about some parting gifts for that school board?

lostaussie
03-15-2016, 10:54 AM

Wonder if the school board be invited:thinking:

bobcat1
03-15-2016, 05:27 PM

Wonder if the school board be invited:thinking: I would invite them but I bet the cowards would not show.

Dub-C
03-16-2016, 07:06 AM
Soneone tell him the Head coaching Columbia job just came open.

coach
03-16-2016, 10:07 AM
Soneone tell him the Head coaching Columbia job just came open.

I don't think he is interested in Columbian Futbol

bluecat
03-16-2016, 01:16 PM

Fedora after getting a rebuke vote from the SB at Navasota really has nothing more to prove at the lower enrollment schools.
Hes already proved his abilities on coaching and he could easily take on the larger classification schools in 5-6A or he may just leave high school coaching behind and take a collegiate job. Either route he takes he and his staff will be better compensated for their services.

Sville
03-16-2016, 01:33 PM
I bet he joins his brother's staff if he wants too, pay his dues as an asst. for few years at the collegiate level and if he is successful take over a D1 program. He seems like that caliber of coach.

bluecat
03-16-2016, 02:17 PM
I bet he joins his brother's staff if he wants too, pay his dues as an asst. for few years at the collegiate level and if he is successful take over a D1 program. He seems like that caliber of coach.

Yes he could do that but that depends on his personal situation. Some coaches after being the man who calls all the shots and gets all the credit when hes successful at times finds it unfullfilling to take a back seat and just be a role player. Hard to say what drives some coaches, recognition, salary or self satisfaction of a job well done. The one thing is certain is that Navasota"s school board has set the example what you do not do to a great coach and mentor to its kids. Hard lesson learned at their own kids expense.

HEMOTOXIC
03-16-2016, 02:53 PM
Yes he could do that but that depends on his personal situation. Some coaches after being the man who calls all the shots and gets all the credit when hes successful at times finds it unfullfilling to take a back seat and just be a role player. Hard to say what drives some coaches, recognition, salary or self satisfaction of a job well done. The one thing is certain is that Navasota"s school board has set the example what you do not do to a great coach and mentor to its kids. Hard lesson learned at their own kids expense.

There is more to this story. FYI, why didn't Fedora take the College Station job? Maybe the new school board had enough. With a district that is underperforming academically, a change was/is needed. By no means am I saying that is the cause, but just as an outsider looking in, you do question the roles of the coaches who are only getting paid to coach and not to teach. Times are hard!!

bluecat
03-16-2016, 06:50 PM
There is more to this story. FYI, why didn't Fedora take the College Station job? Maybe the new school board had enough. With a district that is underperforming academically, a change was/is needed. By no means am I saying that is the cause, but just as an outsider looking in, you do question the roles of the coaches who are only getting paid to coach and not to teach. Times are hard!!

Unless Navasota is so different than other school districts I have ever seen, All coaches other than the HC are also teachers. If in fact the Navasota assts only coach then some change should occur. Navasota is by far not the only school district struggling to keep the lights on. The Alice ISD is 20 million in the red because they spent unwisely during the oil boom. Only the Navasota SB and Fedora really know why he"s decided to coach elsewhere and they are going to have a hard time bringing in another coach of his caliber, especially if the want to downsize on coaching salaries.

Dub-C
03-16-2016, 07:43 PM
Gotta dream big dont we????

Aesculus gilmus
03-17-2016, 07:47 AM
The Alice ISD is 20 million in the red because they spent unwisely during the oil boom.

The same day Gilmer ISD voted down its new high school for the first time (it's since been rejected once again), Cuero ISD passed a huge bond program about three times more expensive. I'm sure they had a clause in there locking in the peak valuations of all the properties in the ISD, right? < /sarcasm>

Well, it looks like, from further research, Cuero is in a little bit of a jam also. https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2016/feb/03/cueros-interim-superintendent-hopes-to-improve-fin/

This is the good thing about not being in a boomtown. Gilmer's been down so long in terms of the economy that no one dares go into debt like that.

Sville
03-17-2016, 10:01 AM

True, I am just going from experience as we have had two good coaches go that route, Art Briles and Chad Morris.

957tiger
03-24-2016, 04:39 PM
The problem with most elected officials is they start out with good intentions. Somewhere between executive sessions and a distorted sense of representing those who elected them in the first place, board members and council members at any level start to empower themselves. HC's at the 4A and below are also AD's This means they answer to the superintendent and not the administrators at the campus level. That sort of power and control often ruffles feathers and power plays soon follow. Head Coaches are ultra alpha males and school boards believe academics are more important than athletics. Thus a fragile relationship can and often does exist. Now throw in a successful and respected HC and the ego's of school board members kick in. In my opinion athletics can/will mold and develop student athletes into successful adults. Athletics are often the draw to a community and what brings a community together. Elected officials don't like it when they can't control a district employee. Coach Fedora is a good example of doing it right. My limited dealings with Coach Fedora gave me the impression he was a classy man, always looking out for not just his kids but all kids and he was driven to win. Not bad qualities in a coach and a man. Don't know the full story but in this forum and at first glance it appears it was all about who was in charge. At the end of the day Coach Fedora's resume is very impressive in the world of Texas HS football. You won't remember the names of the board members who sat in the front of the room in 10 years, but Rattler Nation will always remember Coach Lee Fedora.

Rabid Cougar
03-29-2016, 02:11 PM
He put his name in at Cameron.

1st and goal
03-29-2016, 02:43 PM

I guessed he would strive for a college coaching job. He will do well wherever he goes.

bluecat
03-29-2016, 03:02 PM
I guessed he would strive for a college coaching job. He will do well wherever he goes.

Well it looks like Cameron will be announcing their pick tonite during the special school board meeting tonite.

Rocket Man
03-29-2016, 03:58 PM

Wow..........moving back to the CenTex (possibly)

Rabid Cougar
03-30-2016, 10:43 AM
Nope. They went in house... Brashear.

1st and goal
04-06-2016, 10:40 PM
Wow, pass over Fedora? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?