PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum Bulldogs

underware
12-03-2002, 04:25 PM
Good luck Yoakum. Hope you guys have a great game. I know Bandera is a great team as well. One thing is for sure. A team with blue and white school colors and a mascot of "Bulldogs" will win. LOL Good luck!

BIG19
12-03-2002, 04:31 PM
underware:
Good luck Yoakum. Hope you guys have a great game. I know Bandera is a great team as well. One thing is for sure. A team with blue and white school colors and a mascot of "Bulldogs" will win. LOL Good luck!Here is wishing the best of luck to both teams. I am partial to Bandera though. Go DAWGS, we from Burnet are still behind you!

Big Tarp 74
12-03-2002, 10:55 PM
Bandera, do not take Yoakum lightly, you might be supprised! Take it from PI fans to know!

bd62
12-03-2002, 11:13 PM
i saw bandera against rice. they made plays when they had to. they seem to be a mature ball club with a very good q.b., very good r.b. ,excellent o.l. ,very good recievers. there defense made plays at cricual moments. rice i personally think underestimated them, rice was suppose to be best d2 team in r-4 .probably talent wise they were. but they were very young and will be no doubt best team next year. only 5 seniors played.
yoakum will not under estimate bandera. we know we have our hands full. these 2 teams came thru there brackets and now will meet for r-4 d2 championship. mike w. is a great guy and his kids reflect his work ethic and values. this will be a great game. good luck to both teams. pray there are no injuries and everybody has a safe trip.

Old Dog
12-04-2002, 01:38 PM
Some of us Burnet folks have divided loyalities. Bandera is from our district and if Yoakum's coach is still Jesse Crow, he grew up in Burnet and played QB there.

underware
12-04-2002, 02:13 PM
Yup, Jesse Crow is still coach there. Really good one! Must be that Burnet tradition? He grew up in Burnet and was the QB there. I had forgotten about that! Thanks Guy!

Big Tarp 74
12-04-2002, 11:58 PM
I beleive, that Aransas Pass, is a much better ballclub, than rice. we were very lucky, to have beaten them. Tommy Blake, would have been a hand full for bandera line. PI lost 2 defensive ball player in that game. Their line makes bandera look very very small, and they were very very big and fast. I am supprise, sinton beat them the way they did. PI is a very very young ball club, with lots of speed. PI will not lose anyone, they can not replace, with the same speed, or better. From, what I am hearing, they are even going to be better. Number 21, is very fast, and I do not know many that can stay with him. I only saw him use his tremendous speed, once this year, and it supprised everyone who saw it. I seen him run down a 4.3 sprinter, like he was moving in slow motion. There are large schools trying to get him away from us. The scouts, that I have spoke to tell me, they do not know of many teams, with PI overall speed. Keep in mine, we had several injured players, that did not play. One is an all stater, he was injured early in the year. I know of no lineman that could have stop him. He was one the states best powerlifters. Like I said earler, we loss two good defensive ball player in the Aransas Pass game. :D :D

bd62:
i saw bandera against rice. they made plays when they had to. they seem to be a mature ball club with a very good q.b., very good r.b. ,excellent o.l. ,very good recievers. there defense made plays at cricual moments. rice i personally think underestimated them, rice was suppose to be best d2 team in r-4 .probably talent wise they were. but they were very young and will be no doubt best team next year. only 5 seniors played.
yoakum will not under estimate bandera. we know we have our hands full. these 2 teams came thru there brackets and now will meet for r-4 d2 championship. mike w. is a great guy and his kids reflect his work ethic and values. this will be a great game. good luck to both teams. pray there are no injuries and everybody has a safe trip.

2001GiddingsLB
12-05-2002, 01:18 AM
I'm glad Yoakum is doing well I never think that they get enough recognition they always seem to have a quality team.

Pudlugger
12-05-2002, 10:00 AM
Yoakum is an explosive football team and they are greatly underestimated IMO. I think Yoakum will beat Bandara and give the RIII rep(probably Marlin) a good run for their money. Good luck Yoakum Bulldogs!

bd62
12-05-2002, 06:40 PM
bigtarp 74 i respect your opinion because you seem to know a lot about h.s. football. i disagree with a.p. being better than rice for one reason. wharton handled a.p. pretty easy in a non dist. game in victoria. rice is a better ball club than wharton. rice beat them for dist. title.

big daddy russ
12-05-2002, 07:24 PM
Big Tarp 74:
I beleive, that Aransas Pass, is a much better ballclub, than rice. we were very lucky, to have beaten them. Tommy Blake, would have been a hand full for bandera line... Their line makes bandera look very very small, and they were very very big and fast....Thanks for the words, Big Tarp. You guys gave AP a game for the ages. Even though I'm not from AP my hometown is their archrivals so I have a great deal of respect for them. I can't help but root for those guys, they're a good bunch of kids.
bd62, you're right about how Wharton handled AP, but AP has gotten much, much better since the start of the season. Also, not meaning to take anything away from either Wharton or Rice, I can't see the Tigers being simply outclassed, talent-wise, by a team full of underclassmen. I think somewhere Wharton probably shot themselves in the foot and Rice took advantage. Don't forget, it was a close game.
Back to AP, they switched their defensive setup after the Sinton game and it showed. AP really started coming together at the end of the season, so they're a team you can't take lightly. I believe that AP is in the same league as Rice, Yoakum, Bandera and Port Isabel. This was a very balanced year in II-3A. Next year, it looks like Rice and Port Isabel are gonna be tough.
By the way, 62, good luck this week.

BULLDOGFAN
12-05-2002, 10:22 PM
At this point in the year it is hard to tell who is who and what is what.

Records really don't mean a whole lot now. What matters more than anything is 1) healthy players, 2) balanced team, and 3)luck of the bounce.

Who would have figured Bandera to still be here after playing the teams we have. I personaly feel that the last place team in 25-3A would beat a lot of 1st place teams in many districts in Texas.

Good luck Burnet and may both Bandera and Burnet win it all. Would that be the talk of the year.

bd62
12-05-2002, 10:35 PM
no doubt there were some very even teams in d2 r-4 this year. bandera,yoakum,rice,a.p., p.i. were probably the best. other teams like liberty hill ,edna, and cuero were very close behind.any of these teams could beat the other teams on a given nite. was not that way in d-1 with burnet and sinton dominating.
bandera and yoakum will be a excellent ball game. these two teams fought hard to get there and will not go down easy. thats the beauty of high school football.
by the way there are some excellent post on this board. my favorite board.

BHSfan03
12-05-2002, 10:45 PM
Good luck Bandera!! You're cheerin' for y'all!! :)