PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Yoe - OPEN

Yoe_09
03-08-2016, 12:03 PM
Coach Rick Rhoades will be accpeting the AD/HFC position ad Gregory-Portland.

One of the top small school jobs in the state is open. Should draw a great list of candidates.

Scoop27
03-08-2016, 12:21 PM
Wonder if East Bernard's Jerry Long would toss his name in the hat

bluecat
03-08-2016, 02:07 PM
Im being told that Rick will be on the GP campus tommorrow morning to be introduced to all the athletes at GP.
The list of coaches that applied at GP was amazing with many coaches who have won or coached in state championship games.
With Cameron Yoes history and tradition they will get a great coach.

bluecat
03-09-2016, 01:33 PM
Looks like Lee Fedora"s looking for a new gig??

Breacher9
03-09-2016, 03:32 PM
How successful will Rhoades be at GP?? Cameron Yoe has had some CATS come through there the past couple of years. I am assuming he will come in and run the same spread attack, but does GP have a QB that can sling it? I just hope the GP faithful have some patience. Do not expect to make a run for the state championship his first year. Rhoades is a damn good coach, but the culture, strength program, and scheme will take some time. I really do hope GP has some success next year. Those fans can be ruthless.

bluecat
03-09-2016, 04:21 PM
It will take time everyone know that, GP has 33 seniors graduating this spring.
There is some good talent thats coming up and they will have a year or two to get used to the Rhoades program.
GP now has excellent facilities thanks to Anastacio the former coach at GP.
GP has 3 good QBs one with varsity experience and two that were freshmen last year.
Rhoades will have a good solid prospect in a kid named Camacho, 6-3 200 and has good arm strength, he just needs some polish.
GP has not run the spread in the past mostly two back Gun and a 4-3 defense.
Lots of new transfers moving in with all the new construction going on around GP.
Its going to be lots of new at GP, new coach and staff, a 11 team Mega district split into two zones.
5 new 5A schools that just moved down from 6A, but regardless GP will have a good team to battle Calallen for the district title.
Change takes time but the sooner GP transistions to the Rhoades program the sooner we will see the results.
Theres no secret to success it takes time and a hell of a lot of hard work and it starts the Monday after spring break.

bluecat
03-09-2016, 04:34 PM
Some are ruthless no doubt but many more are passionate fans who a good program back at GP. The supt and school board appears to have learned a valuable lesson, pay what it takes to get the best coach and staff, invest in the facilities and give that coach control over every aspect of athletics in both Jr high and High school. Rhoades is the first coach at GP to have all these tools to be successful and he will have our support.

XMan
03-09-2016, 06:57 PM
Supt in Cameron has a son that works for Long in E. Bernard. Could see something coming of that.

bluecat
03-09-2016, 07:21 PM
I personally know Jerry from his time in GP when he was the OC under George Harris. Good man, his players love him like a father but hes a no nonsense strict coach. East Bernard isnt a hot bed of talent but jerry set up a good program and teaches his jr high kids good fundamentals and work ethics.
CY would do very well with Jerry as their next coach.

XMan
03-09-2016, 07:27 PM
nnnnn

bluecat
03-09-2016, 10:57 PM
I personally know Jerry from his time in GP when he was the OC under George Harris. Good man, his players love him like a father but hes a no nonsense strict coach. East Bernard isnt a hot bed of talent but jerry set up a good program and teaches his jr high kids good fundamentals and work ethics.
CY would do very well with Jerry as their next coach.
To make a Long story short Ty Salina is George Harris"s grandson and George"s daughter Kari Salina is the Girls coordinator at East Bernard., Jerry is a coach who absolutely knows what it takes to win and he"s already proved that.

Yoe_09
03-09-2016, 11:28 PM
I'm really intrigued to see how this coaching search plays out. There was some big names last time when Rhoades was selected. That obviously turned out to be a good choice. Now with all the state championships and the amount of talent coming up, this job should be very appealing.

Yoe_09
03-10-2016, 12:03 PM
http://www.cameronisd.net/default.aspx?name=hr.home

Scoop27
03-10-2016, 01:07 PM
As per Jerry Long being an excellent replacement, I think he'll stay at East Bernard as his son will be a junior and quarterback the Brahmas this season. He's a great athletic director as well and believes in kids participating in multiple sports. I've known Jerry for over 10 years when I worked at the Wharton Journal-Spectator as sports editor and he was always easy to work with

Snotbubbles
03-10-2016, 03:29 PM
No way Yoe reverts to the slot-T either. Long will not be considered. Now, Fedora. :thinking: $$$$$$$$ But, not sure Yoe has the coin after seeing their new baseball/softball complex facilities. Nice.

speedbump
03-10-2016, 03:39 PM
When Long leaves EB (if ever) I'm sure he will take a step up not sideways.

Rabid Cougar
03-11-2016, 11:57 AM
No way Yoe reverts to the slot-T either. Long will not be considered. Now, Fedora. :thinking: $$$$$$$$ But, not sure Yoe has the coin after seeing their new baseball/softball complex facilities. Nice.

That was a bond/ partnership with the City.

Rabid Cougar
03-11-2016, 11:58 AM
The Line will be long. Rhoades came from Coppell. There will be 5A 6A coordinators by the multitudes in that line.