PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly Effect.....

Cam
03-06-2016, 09:50 PM
The inner creativity in me came out this weekend.....I went chasin' butterflies with my camera in hand.....got a pretty good crick in my neck from holding the camera and looking up for long periods of time!......but I got me some shots that I hope would make any lepidopterist sumbitch proud!......:D

...hey look...I just had to post the first ever "butterfly" thread on the LOW ever!....

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_2954.jpg

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_3021.jpg

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_2732.jpg

Bug Truck
03-06-2016, 10:25 PM
Well done I take pictures of insects all the time and those are really good. In the pest control business most of our pictures creep most people out.

Cam
03-06-2016, 10:39 PM
Well done I take pictures of insects all the time and those are really good. In the pest control business most of our pictures creep most people out.

....thanks Bug!....too bad you're all the way in Glen Rose...I could use you!.......I got termites in two places, my greenhouse and my right leg!.......them suckers been workin' up the 2 x 4's. First noticed the little dirt "tunnels" coming up from the concrete foundation.......any advice would be appreciated.......as for the termites on my right leg, I'll probably just have Greendawg pick em' out....he's got an ultimate set of tools!......

and please end this debate I've had with my wife for years!.....What critter does more damage? Carpenter ants or termites?

Bug Truck
03-07-2016, 09:20 AM
As for as damage termites destroy much more than carpenter ants.
Mainly because termites usually go undetected for a lot longer time unless you see the mud tubes most people don't notice them till swarm season. Termites eat and destroy any thing made of wood or cellulose compounds. Carpenter ant only chew out the wood to make their colonies or galleries they drop the pieces of wood or the technical term frass out of the tunnels that's what you find piled up. They chew through wood Sheet rock and insulation. They are swarming at this time also. As with the termites in your green house those are Eastern Subterranean from your description. Carpenter ants are generally cheaper to treat. The termite colony is in the ground under your green house therefore that is why the treatment is applied into the soil as far as your leg you are going to have consult green dawg since he caused the problem

Bug Truck
03-07-2016, 09:42 AM
Don't know Green Dawg s role in your infestation but you might want to apply some pre treatment before the next visit

Rabid Cougar
03-07-2016, 04:35 PM
Damd those are nice.

greendawg84
03-08-2016, 08:39 AM
Don't know Green Dawg s role in your infestation but you might want to apply some pre treatment before the next visit

I think he brought them with him from Mesquite ......

panfan
03-08-2016, 08:49 AM
It's a felony to take pictures of and distribute photos of endangered monarch butterflies. Hope usfws doesn't find you.

Cam
03-08-2016, 02:59 PM
It's a felony to take pictures of and distribute photos of endangered monarch butterflies. Hope usfws doesn't find you.

...ahhh....but you are mistaken my friend...you see, this is not a monarch, but a close cousin, Danaus gilippus, or Queen butterfly (no relation to Freddie Mercury) is frequently mistaken for a monarch......it's pretty hard to tell them apart to be honest....a few significant differences is the Queen male can release much larger amounts of pheromones than a monarch male to attract a mate...enough so that the amount is probably plenty good enough to get Greendawg all riled up!.....the other important difference is the Queen male has a considerably larger penis than it's monarch cousin!.....About .050" (1.27mm for you metric sunsbitches) longer....which may not seem like much to you and me, but believe me, that butterfly packs a wallop!!.....:eek::eek::D..........so, the usfws can kiss my arse!!!!......

panfan
03-08-2016, 03:40 PM
...ahhh....but you are mistaken my friend...you see, this is not a monarch, but a close cousin, Danaus gilippus, or Queen butterfly (no relation to Freddie Mercury) is frequently mistaken for a monarch......it's pretty hard to tell them apart to be honest....a few significant differences is the Queen male can release much larger amounts of pheromones than a monarch male to attract a mate...enough so that the amount is probably plenty good enough to get Greendawg all riled up!.....the other important difference is the Queen male has a considerably larger penis than it's monarch cousin!.....About .050" (1.27mm for you metric sunsbitches) longer....which may not seem like much to you and me, but believe me, that butterfly packs a wallop!!.....:eek::eek::D..........so, the usfws can kiss my arse!!!!......

thanks for splaining - but its clear my humor or lack there of was lost on a few.

Bug Truck
03-11-2016, 01:55 AM
Hey Cam is Greendawg responsible for the continued reoccurring problem of bedbugs those things keep popping up everywhere. Granted he is doing a great job spreading them out. I would post some pics but everyone gets itchy just looking at the pictures. Even have kids bringing them home from school in their backpacks and athletic bags. Have had 2 cases of that happening last week be careful out there

greendawg84
03-11-2016, 08:41 AM
Hey Cam is Greendawg responsible for the continued reoccurring problem of bedbugs those things keep popping up everywhere. Granted he is doing a great job spreading them out. I would post some pics but everyone gets itchy just looking at the pictures. Even have kids bringing them home from school in their backpacks and athletic bags. Have had 2 cases of that happening last week be careful out there

I would only spread them in panfan's area .

Cam
03-11-2016, 09:39 AM
Damd those are nice.

....thanks RC!....you should see the awesome pics I took of my ingrown toe nail!.....:ack!:

bobcat1
03-11-2016, 11:51 AM
Cam you have talent. Pics are awesome! I assume the ingrown toenail is Greendawgs fault???:thinking:

Rabid Cougar
03-11-2016, 11:54 AM
....thanks RC!....you should see the awesome pics I took of my ingrown toe nail!.....:ack!:

they don't have a "throw up" emoticon.

greendawg84
03-11-2016, 12:14 PM
Cam you have talent. Pics are awesome! I assume the ingrown toenail is Greendawgs fault???:thinking:

Cam has talent , we just aint figured out how to capitalize on it yet .

Cam
03-11-2016, 04:43 PM

Thanks bobcat1!.....I like to mess around with a camera.....here's a Red Admiral butterfly.....I post this little guy cause it surprised me......you would think the honey bee would scare the ol Admiral away!...Not so!.....I actually witnessed this Admiral get aggressive with the bee!....as the bee came in contact with the same bloom the Admiral made a jerky move towards the bee scaring it away!....I could've sworn it tried to shove that long proboscis up the bee's arse but maybe that was just my imagination getting away from me!!!.......maybe they should call this butterfly a Red Rear Admiral!!!!.......

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_3004.jpg

oh...the ingrown toenail is partially my fault for listening to Greendawg's suggestions and buying a particular brand of boot!.....so I guess you could say it's indirectly his fault!.....:D

Cam
03-11-2016, 04:44 PM
Cam has talent , we just aint figured out how to capitalize on it yet .

.....neither have I!!!......:doh:

Cam
03-11-2016, 05:08 PM

....ahhh yes, the pesky blood sucking Cimex lectularius!......actually, I'm gonna have to say I can't put this one on Greendawg......fleas maybe, but not bed bugs....heck, Greendawg's pores are so saturated with Budweiser them bed bugs won't even crawl on him much less bite him!!!....and the bed bugs that did try got tipsy too quick and couldn't stick him straight......I'd say panfan has a better chance of spreadin' them things around.....Post some of your pics Bug....I wanna see...I wanna see......

Bug Truck
03-13-2016, 11:49 PM
I will as soon as I figure out how to post one on here being the technological challenged human I am

greendawg84
03-14-2016, 08:06 AM
....ahhh yes, the pesky blood sucking Cimex lectularius!......actually, I'm gonna have to say I can't put this one on Greendawg......fleas maybe, but not bed bugs....heck, Greendawg's pores are so saturated with Budweiser them bed bugs won't even crawl on him much less bite him!!!....and the bed bugs that did try got tipsy too quick and couldn't stick him straight......I'd say panfan has a better chance of spreadin' them things around.....Post some of your pics Bug....I wanna see...I wanna see......

Coors Light !!! That Budweiser is to stout for me .....

Cam
03-14-2016, 01:21 PM
Coors Light !!! That Budweiser is to stout for me .....

.....Greendawg....ain't nothin' your liver can't handle!......