PDA

View Full Version : Region 3 Girls Tournament

HEMOTOXIC
02-27-2016, 12:39 AM
#3LaVega 62- #2 Navasota 48

LaVega vs Tatum for the region 3 championship. Tatum defeated Cleveland.

Eagle8
02-27-2016, 07:27 AM
Heard La Vega is loaded. What style of play? We are a run, run, run, and run some more on offense and 100% full court pressure all game on defense kind of team. Speed, speed, speed. Couple good shooters than can get hot.

Regardless, was a loaded regional tournament that boasted 3 top 5 schools.

#2 Navasota
#3 La Vega
#4 Tatum
#24 Cleveland

Pretty solid lineup of games to watch down at Sam Houston.

HEMOTOXIC
02-27-2016, 05:00 PM
LaVega 58- Tatum 32

LaVega will be making their third straight trip to state.

ccmom
02-27-2016, 09:45 PM
LaVega 58- Tatum 32

LaVega will be making their third straight trip to state.
Wylie girls making their third straight appearance, too! Actually, I think the final four is the same as last year. Good times!! Good luck to all!

Eagle8
02-28-2016, 02:03 AM
And our girls were pretty dang good. For La Vega to beat them like that.....they gotta be ridiculous.

Eagleborn
02-28-2016, 10:50 AM
La Vega guard Calveion Landrum is fun to watch.. There's a reason she's going to Baylor. Pulling up 5 feet behind the 3-point line and making them with ease. We had no one that could keep up with her.....

regaleagle
02-28-2016, 03:28 PM
And the Argyle Lady Eagles will also be coming to State for the 3rd straight year. Lost in the finals 2 yrs ago, then won last season. They are 33-1.....only loss to Cibolo Steele(36-3 in 6A) 43-39. Argyle will be a tough opponent to beat this year with Vivian Gray(6-1, Jr. PF) and those other shooters from the outside this season. And then a very good inside game with Jocelyn Pierce(6-0, Jr. C). Madison Ralston(6-0, Jr.), Gabby Standifer(5-10, Soph.), Sophie Betzhold(5-10, Soph), and Olivia Gray(5-8, Sr.) will all be getting their minutes and attempts. Olivia Gray is a fantastic defensive player......like glue. Looks like most of the team will be returning next season as well.....only 2 seniors. :smoker:

regaleagle
02-28-2016, 03:48 PM
The Lady Eagles defeated #6 Dallas Lincoln(30-5) in the Region II final 66-50. Dallas Lincoln had defeated #5 Sanger(31-5) in an earlier round. Looks like it will be the Argyle Lady Eagles vs the Liberty Hill Lady Panthers for the semifinal. That means Abilene Wylie vs La Vega in the other semi. Seems eerily familiar to me, haha. Wonder what the odds are of having the exact same teams in the finals as last year? It's gonna be a very competitive tournament and all teams are very good. The tournament will be at the Alamodome this year.

NastySlot
02-29-2016, 12:29 PM
The Lady Eagles defeated #6 Dallas Lincoln(30-5) in the Region II final 66-50. Dallas Lincoln had defeated #5 Sanger(31-5) in an earlier round. Looks like it will be the Argyle Lady Eagles vs the Liberty Hill Lady Panthers for the semifinal. That means Abilene Wylie vs La Vega in the other semi. Seems eerily familiar to me, haha. Wonder what the odds are of having the exact same teams in the finals as last year? It's gonna be a very competitive tournament and all teams are very good. The tournament will be at the Alamodome this year.

So if my memory serves me- three of those teams have won titles within the last four seasons. So I might have to pull for the one without a title yet.

Hoping to make it down to watch 2A Weimar.