PDA

View Full Version : It's Official 32-AAA Champions PI TARPONS!

footballgal
11-01-2002, 10:39 PM
Left in the half the score was 38-0 vs Progreso and it was pouring, raining cats & dogs, you get my drift. We had to leave as my 7 yrs old daughter was with us and we didn't want her to get sick on us. It was 45-0 at the time we left the parking lot.

Opening play Joe Arevalo runs back the kick-off for a TD, instant replay of last week. The clock was kept running for some of the 1st half and all of the 2nd half, with only 15 min halftime break. The game was over by 9:10, and I heard on the radio the Tarpons were "dancing in the rain" around the District Championship Trophy. As they were even making angels in the snow, well in this case it was in the rain. Tarpons didn't skip a beat, despite the termendous down pour, the water seemed like second nature to them... mmm, Tarpon Weather.

La Feria was losing to Raymondville in the half with the score of 11-6 and in the last score I heard it was Raymondville over La Feria 26-6.

Anyhow, Congratulations Port Isabel Tarpons, 32-AAA District Champions. :D :) :D

Hmmm,4 shout outs in district play and only 17 points scored against them. Way to Go Big Blue!!!

Next week it's open, then the second season begins, I can't wait.

sinton66
11-01-2002, 10:44 PM
Good job Tarpons!!!!!

eye of the tiger
11-01-2002, 10:53 PM
Big time congrats to the Tarps. Good luck in the second season.

footballgal
11-01-2002, 11:27 PM
Final score was PI 45-0 over Progreso Red Ants. I guess the 2nd team could only muster 1 TD in the 2nd half, as the 1st team played only 2Qtrs., 2nd team probably ran out of time as the clock was rolling and wasn't being stoped.

Another final score Raymondville Bearkats 34-8 over La Feria Lions frown

TarponRl3k
11-01-2002, 11:59 PM
Congratulations, Tarpons! Good Luck at the playoffs

footballgal
11-02-2002, 12:11 AM
TarponRl3k:
Congratulations, Tarpons! Good Luck at the playoffsThank you Kristen!!!, for letting it go wink

nfcfan
11-02-2002, 01:26 AM
Congrats Tarps!

Time to study film. Hmmm, since you guys will be off next week, will anyone be making any trips up north to watch/scout the competition? wink

Who would've thought Lyford could keep LaFeria from making the playoffs?!?! eek!

May the three best 32-3A teams make it to playoffs. wink