PDA

View Full Version : Final Score--Bridgeport 27, Decatur 38

BullsFan
10-18-2002, 10:19 PM
Worst playing conditions I've ever seen. While there were occasional breaks in the rain, for the most part it was steady. And there were several times when it was just pouring. Standing water in a few places, players' uniforms so muddy you couldn't read the numbers--blech. I guess I should be grateful it wasn't terribly cold.

But I'm not. We just didn't look good. Our defense didn't play all that well, and Phillip didn't make a lot of completions. For once our running game wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't enough to win. A couple of turnovers in key drives, and that was all she wrote.

Decatur's quarterback is very talented. I hate to think what he's going to be like when he's a senior.

However, Decatur is definitely a beatable team. It was our poor play and mistakes as much as anything else that cost us this one.

Chris Hart
10-18-2002, 10:27 PM
That's a tough loss for you guys. Rain really hurts a passing team, the Bulls will rebound, I'm sure of it. I did predict Decatur 33-27 though, I guess I was fairly close. Good luck on the Bulls bouncing back, and congratulations to Decatur.

Jimbotex40
10-18-2002, 10:34 PM
congrats to that dude from decatur who was talking a little too much mess for my blood; however, i guess you were right.

Dont let them get you down just cuz you cant spell. you might think that i cant spell but my mis-spelling is do to laziness, whereas yours is so to pure ignorance

BullsFan
10-18-2002, 10:35 PM
You know, I'd like to think it was the rain that beat us, but Decatur certainly seemed to make some key passes.

I do think that Phillip's passing style doesn't work well in the rain. He tends to throw bullets, and they kept squeaking right out of the receivers' arms.

I was impressed by our O-line tonight. They managed to give him plenty of time to throw. But Decatur's coverage was good, and he didn't always have any place to throw. Phillip also has a pretty cool head. He's very smart about where he throws, and sometimes I think he's throwing it away without making it obvious that he's throwing it away.

ETA, thanks, Chris. I think we will bounce back, and I'm looking forward to next week.

At least, I'm sure I will be. Right now I'm still feeling just a tad too bruised to look forward to much of anything. wink

<small>[ October 18, 2002, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: BullsFan ]</small>

EaglesRule
10-18-2002, 11:35 PM
OK HERE WE GO WITH THE EXCUSES! JUST LIKE GAINESVILLE FANS SAID! WE DIDN'T PLAY GOOD BECAUSE OOUR SHEERLEADERS WERE SICK! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! I told everyone for two weeks we would be the HEFERS! We have a better team and better athletes overall. DECATUR IS DISTRICT CHAMPS! HOW DOES FEEL HEFER FANS! ASK PPHS HE SHOULD KNOW!

The One
10-18-2002, 11:36 PM
Well were do we start, I guess letting you know that I am eating crow pie is a good start. I hate losing and doing it to Decatur makes it worst. Facing Egret Boy afterwards makes 100 times worst.

Hats off to Decatur who had a better game plan. For the 2nd time in 3 weeks we got outcoached. Its different then when we played Gainesville though, they were a better team. I am not ready to concede that to Decatur yet. You guys have a great looking team that should finish the season undefeated. My hat is off to you and I wish you luck. It is unfortunate that you guys will get Everman in round 1.

Now to the game. Yes Bullsfan it was miserable. Driving rain, Yuk! Chris Hart that was a great prediction especially since with 25 seconds left in the game it was Decatur 32-27. Weather conditions definatley played a part in our defeat, BUT both teams played in them and Decatur to me just looked like they wanted it more. I guess thats what happens when you haven't had it in so long.

Daughtery obviously had problems with the weather. he threw 3ints and is very lucky it wasn't 5 or 6. He threw 1 Td pass. The receivers just did not catch the ball tonite. Sloppy play for a sloppy night. 2 to 3 snaps sailed right over Daughtery's head.

Now I dont want anybody to confuse what I am saying, I AM NOT MAKING EXCUSES. There were two teams on the field tonite. Decatur's Dane didn't have any trouble throwing the ball passing for 207 yards. We had one team that made mistakes and one that didnt. We had a team well prepared and coached and one that was out coached!

All of this being said, I really wish this game could have been played in dry conditions. These are two very evely matched teams and I think what was a good game in sloppy conditions would have been a great game in good conditions.

Decatur enjoy it while it lasts. You guys are really deep and your program is moving in the right direction. With as many underclassman yall have you will be a powerhouse for years to come. Congrats and good luck!

The One
10-18-2002, 11:44 PM
You know Egret boy I dont see anyone making excuses. Just no one is ready to say Decatur has the better team, you guys had the better one tonite and that is what counts. Bridgeport could play Gainesville 10 times and 8 times out of 10 they would have beaten us. Decatur would not do that to us and that is a fact. Both teams have atheletes and both squads have great offenses. Decatur has a better defense. Unfortunatley you guys will have to play Everman in round 1 of the playoffs so losing the district championship is not as painful knowing that your playoff appearance will be over after week 1. Now Egret Boy quit hiding behind the feathers, who are you?

Greenbull
10-18-2002, 11:49 PM
Congrats to Decatur. Both teams had to play in those conditions tonight and tonight was Decatur's night. Yes, we would have liked to have played on a dry field, but we have to play the cards we are dealt.

I have to agree with one of the earlier posts that this kind of weather really affect PD's throws because of the zip he puts on the ball. The weather made it almost impossible for the receivers to hold onto the ball.

It's time to step back, take a look at what needs to be corrected, and take care of business by winning the next three....THEN we start our run!!!

Why NOT US?

EaglesRule
10-18-2002, 11:53 PM
I told everyone we had a great game plan! Guess what? IT WORKED! IT WORKED FOR US! FOR GAINESVILLE! HINT TO ALL HEFER OPPONENTS - IT WILL WORK FOR YOU TOO! AS for the better team? WE have the better team! We have a better defense, better offensive line, and WE CAN TACKLE! Our QB is overall a better athlete! HEFER defense is weak! Our coaches told us they could not tackle or cover! Also, we knew what routes to take away. The HEFER offense is too predictable! Other teams will notice this when they watch enough film.

I am a defensive player and I enjoyed shutting down Krebs & Nichols!

The One
10-18-2002, 11:57 PM
Egret Boy,

You wouldn't have possibly been the one playing center field tonite were ya? #6

BullsFan
10-19-2002, 09:09 AM
If nothing else, I think no one would argue that we have more class.

If you don't believe me, see any one of Egret Boy's posts for proof.

bigbullbacker
10-19-2002, 09:32 AM
We got our hat handed too us last nite. Congrats to Decatur Eagles for hard fought game.Yall won because last night yall was the better team. Ill post my breakdown of the game after I finish this egret pie yum yum

sinton66
10-19-2002, 09:55 AM
BullsFan:
If nothing else, I think no one would argue that we have more class.

If you don't believe me, see any one of Egret Boy's posts for proof.I'll second that, Bridgeport fans are very classy, both in victory and defeat. What I've seen posted by them show a good sense of humor, and good natured noise talking. There are a lot of other fans that could take a lesson from the Bridgeport fans on here. wink

TwoBRockin
10-19-2002, 10:30 AM
With a week to prepare. And knowing that there was a good chance of RAIN I will agree. We where out COACHED. But Bull fans what do thing we could have done different????? Let's become Lazy Boy Chair coaches for awhile. What would you have done?????? I think the running game should have been used more often. Short passes to the inside. Maybe just maybe we could have moved the ball better doing those things???? Didn't get to see the first 3 min. of game got there late. But on the ride up listening to the radio, I stated we need to run the ball more. There first score was weather related no doubt. And I believe at least two of there scores where weather related.

No excuse just fact!!!!!!!

fwisd
10-19-2002, 10:35 AM
Egret Boy - Better start learning the chorus to "Who let the dawgs out???"

The One
10-19-2002, 10:58 AM
Yes FWISD, I want to stay courteous to Decatur but I am biting my toungue. Maybe I should send them a copy of the tape.

Two B, as for coaching I dont think it was adjustments offensively that we needed last night. When we needed to drive and score late in the game we did. It's the defensive adjustments that our team, excuse me our coaches seem to never make. Decatur would line up 3 wide receivers to one side and on 10 different plays we put 2 guys out there to cover them. Now I wasn't good at math in school but I believe 1+1 doesnt = 3. If we make the 4th down and 10 hold from our own 12 in the 3rd instead of giving up the TD, thats a different game. The score at that time was 25-20 and we still had momentum. We lost it after that. How many 4th down plays did we give up, or that we have to give up before we make an adjustment.

Lets admit we have played 2 really good teams now. Our schedule has been a little soft. Against both good teams our coaching staff have not found a way to beat them, Coincidence, I dont think so! Gainesville and Decatur had one thing in common, they played their skill players both ways. Now why did they do that? Because they knew going into the game if they didn't make that adjustment their chances of winning were decreased. Let me ask this question, if Krebbs and Nichols play in the secondary last night does Christian make all those catches? We were covering their best WR with a linebacker coming off the line, where in the hell was our heads? Well we have surrendered the district championship because our coaches have failed to make that distinction. The only question left is will we surrender our playoff run!

bigbullbacker
10-19-2002, 05:15 PM
Now that I'm finished with egret pie which was spoon fed to me by "eaglesrule" I have to say egret doesn't taste like chicken.......LOL
As promised the bigbullbacker breakdown of the game:The weather was YUK, 3int,3 fumbles,11 dropped passes,decatur only punted 2x,failure to score when Defense did stop them! Eaglerules did predict that there D-line would kill our O-line
NOT,I think the O-line did a great job, He said he was goin to hit PD and end his career,NOT (unless u were no #6 and I believe PD hit u.and finally eaglerules said and I quote
"I told everyone for two weeks we would be the hefers" Be my guess but remember were the BULLS

EaglesRule
10-19-2002, 05:25 PM
Here is the scenario:

Decatur will go to Division II playoff round along with the HEFERS.

Lake Dallas, currently 2-0 will go to the Division I round against Everman (OUCH!)

So HEFER fans, it looks like that game last night was more than just another district game!

GOOD LUCK against Kennedale in the first round (HA! HA! HA!) Looks like an early EXIT for the HEFERS!

BullsFan
10-19-2002, 05:45 PM
Nice to see that winning didn't go to his head, isn't it? He hasn't changed a bit.

I hope we do see Decatur again post-season. I think it would be a good game, and I'd hope our coaches would have learned something after last night.

bigbullbacker
10-19-2002, 09:16 PM
EaglesRule:
Here is the scenario:

Decatur will go to Division II playoff round along with the HEFERS.

Lake Dallas, currently 2-0 will go to the Division I round against Everman (OUCH!)

So HEFER fans, it looks like that game last night was more than just another district game!

GOOD LUCK against Kennedale in the first round (HA! HA! HA!) Looks like an early EXIT for the HEFERS!I'm also glad that winning last night didnt go too your head. Also thank for wishing us good luck against kennedale LOL.Enjoy
the rest of the season since it doesn't matter since ur claiming district champsionship already.
I wonder last time yall had a winning team yall fired the coach....does coach story know he setting himself up. How your coach going know what to do next week, I dont think gainsville played Little Elm this year...................

BullsFan
10-20-2002, 12:16 AM
Okay, now I've got a question about Egret Boy's earlier comment.

Isn't Decatur the biggest school in the district? Doesn't the Division I/Division II designation come solely from population of high school? I just can't believe there are more kids in Lake Dallas than Decatur, or any other school in our district for that matter, so shouldn't it be Decatur who goes on to Division I? (And incidentally, Everman?)

EaglesRule
10-20-2002, 10:27 AM
I hate to say it but EaglesRule is correct. Lake Dallas is bigger than Decatur. Both teams are 2-0 at this point. Sanger played Little Elm last night. Anyone have the score? I hope Sanger won because this puts them at 1-1 and they would still have a chance to get into the playoffs if they were to beat Lake Dallas and Lake Worth. If that happened then Decatur would be big school. I know alot of IFs.

One more thing - At this team I am not too excited about the thought of us playing Kennedale in the first round. Also, the defense that EaglesRUle has been talking about is a two deep zone with two safeties. Gainesville ran the same defense against us and Princeton ran the same thing in 97 when they beat the team with Jacob Allen. Bridgeport will have to move their two primary receivers around to have success against this defense. One positive to the Decatur game - the QB draw will open up the passing game more because teams will have honor PD now!

sinton66
10-20-2002, 10:51 AM
www.collier-sharp.com (http://www.collier-sharp.com)
Sanger 33, Little Elm 26

Your wish was granted!

The One
10-20-2002, 10:56 AM
Let me say Egretboy that your a TRADER. If you want to be Egretboy then move to Decatur. It is obvious at this point that you are a sorry Bridgeport fan that was just stirring crap up this this entire time!! We'll worry about beating Kennedale or anyone else that we end up playing, you go ahead and pack your bags and move to the other side of the Sandy. Oh yeah for future reference before you talk about Bridgeport next time you may want to be sure your logged under the correct name!!

BportFan
10-20-2002, 11:17 AM
Well said One! The cat is out of the bag now! EaglesRule is a Bridgeport resident!

BullsFan
10-20-2002, 12:16 PM
Wow. That's a big shocker.

You know, I think I might know who Egret Boy really is. And yes, stirring things up between Bridgeport and Decatur would appear to have been his goal.

I'm just sorry I got suckered into it. There was plenty of hype and excitement in that game without what went on here last week.

bigbullbacker
10-20-2002, 12:19 PM
<small>[ October 20, 2002, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: bigbullbacker ]</small>

bigbullbacker
10-20-2002, 12:24 PM
EaglesRule:
I hate to say it but EaglesRule is correct. Lake Dallas is bigger than Decatur. Both teams are 2-0 at this point. Sanger played Little Elm last night. Anyone have the score? I hope Sanger won because this puts them at 1-1 and they would still have a chance to get into the playoffs if they were to beat Lake Dallas and Lake Worth. If that happened then Decatur would be big school. I know alot of IFs.

One more thing - At this team I am not too excited about the thought of us playing Kennedale in the first round. Also, the defense that EaglesRUle has been talking about is a two deep zone with two safeties. Gainesville ran the same defense against us and Princeton ran the same thing in 97 when they beat the team with Jacob Allen. Bridgeport will have to move their two primary receivers around to have success against this defense. One positive to the Decatur game - the QB draw will open up the passing game more because teams will have honor PD now!Eagle eagle eagle or whoever u think u r..........
u r a @#^*! but it still kills me too think that maybe my tax money taught u to spell and write..
examples:1. "At this team" how about "At this time" 2. "team will have honor PD now" how about
"teams will have TO honor PD now" Helllllll no U can't be from B'port U must be a transplant.. LOL
I know U LOL.........but I must admit I enjoyed ur endless threads all week ....good job

sinton66
10-20-2002, 01:19 PM
Is it possible he could be a http://images.bravenet.com/brpics/smilie/butthead.gif ?