PDA

View Full Version : HPU Softball

lv2937
02-20-2016, 11:06 AM
First of all for those that don't know, I have stage 4 uncureable cancer. Im trying to do alot in a shirt time. My best friend's daughter is the starting hindcatcher for HPU. I have been watching her play SB and VB for years. Any ways I came to Brownwood this week end to watch her play. After the second game, I was standing out in the parking lot talking to her day and her boyfriend. Inturned around and here comes the whole team. They wanted to give me a signed softball and have their picture taken with me. Brought tears to my eyes. Forever a HPU fan now.

Sweetwater Red
02-20-2016, 12:44 PM
This is why the Down Low needs like buttons.

BwdLion73
02-20-2016, 02:35 PM
This is why the Down Low needs like buttons.

I agree.

lv2937 hope your visit to Brownwood was a good one, and thanks for not bringing cam.

Cam
02-20-2016, 08:27 PM
First of all for those that don't know, I have stage 4 uncureable cancer. Im trying to do alot in a shirt time. My best friend's daughter is the starting hindcatcher for HPU. I have been watching her play SB and VB for years. Any ways I came to Brownwood this week end to watch her play. After the second game, I was standing out in the parking lot talking to her day and her boyfriend. Inturned around and here comes the whole team. They wanted to give me a signed softball and have their picture taken with me. Brought tears to my eyes. Forever a HPU fan now.

I think you're talkin' about Allison....awesome kid she is....and her boyfriend is Greendawg Jr!....another awesome kid!....He played football with my boy here in Burnet......anyway, hope you don't mind me posting this.....I think this is the pic you are talking about: It's a great pic!

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/HP.jpg

Cam
02-20-2016, 08:30 PM
I agree.

lv2937 hope your visit to Brownwood was a good one, and thanks for not bringing cam.

....:mad:........73....you and me gonna throw hands someday!.........:D:crazy1:

BwdLion73
02-20-2016, 11:19 PM
....:mad:........73....you and me gonna throw hands someday!.........:D:crazy1:

..awww it's O.K. I've liked you ever since you suggested Burnet kick deep with time running out.

:D

95mustang
02-21-2016, 02:23 AM

Great bunch of young women, I try to make as many HPU home games as I can.

lv2937
02-21-2016, 02:13 PM
Planning on going to Alpine in a couple of weeks to watch them play. Yes Cam it was Allison I went to watch. I've been following here since she first started playing in little league. I've coached her and umpired alot of games she played in. Will be going to her wedding in July. She's really a sweet young lady. Her and my granddaughter played ball together in high school.

greendawg84
02-22-2016, 10:04 AM
Gotta brag a little here .That would be my daughter inlaw ! She can out shoot and out fish most men I know including all 3 of my son's ! I anit talking about no Zebco 33 fishing poles here Cam , and I aint talking bout no 20 gauge girl gun . She's a pretty good ball player to boot . She also makes a great golf partner , we have been know to pair up and put a whooping on my boys at the golf course a time or two .

Looks like a July reunion in Salado for the downlow .

Phantom Stang
02-22-2016, 11:14 AM
What an awesome group of young women!:clap:
And may the Good Lord bless you lv2937!:)

lv2937
02-22-2016, 11:43 AM
Besides my granddaughter, Allison is one of the sweetest young lady there is. I'm honored to call her a friend. You are right GD, she probably can our shoot, out fish 99% of the people on the downlow. Have know her since little league. Her future husband is a pretty good guy also. Hope the interview in Houston goes his way. He deserves it.

Cam
02-23-2016, 07:02 PM
..awww it's O.K. I've liked you ever since you suggested Burnet kick deep with time running out.

:D

.......:doh::mad::foul:

Cam
02-23-2016, 07:54 PM
Besides my granddaughter, Allison is one of the sweetest young lady there is. I'm honored to call her a friend. You are right GD, she probably can our shoot, out fish 99% of the people on the downlow. Have know her since little league. Her future husband is a pretty good guy also. Hope the interview in Houston goes his way. He deserves it.

Allison is definitely one awesome young lady!.....so is her hubby to be....I call him the hugger!...always giving hugs!......I hope my boy finds a girl like Alli....He hasn't had a girlfriend since high school but that may have recently changed....although he won't talk much about it....We did have this conversation:

HIM: "Dad I met a girl at school she's from Colombia"
ME: "Oh really she's from West Columbia?"
HIM: "NO DAD the country!"
ME: :doh:

Anyways, I bring her up cause she recently got her doctorate from CES University in Colombia and is currently in Los Angeles preparing for her internships....her goals are lofty....she will be an oncologist someday with dreams of finding cures for cancer.....a very bright young lady.....I got to speak briefly with her a while back so I decided to test my spanish on her.....she blew me away with all that proper spanish stuff!.....anyway, not sure what is to become of her and my boy being so far apart and all....my boy still has a year of clinical rotations to go to get his Ph.d.....only time will tell I guess.................My younger boy saw a picture of this girl and said, "Hey dad maybe I need to go to Colombia someday!"..;)....
Here is Leyla with her little sister:
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/ley.jpg

.....I just realized something Iv.....Leyla and Allison might have some of the prettiest teeth I've ever seen!!!......:spitlol:

.....this is all Greendawg's fault!.......