PDA

View Full Version : Coldspring lasting in Playoffs (Comments)

Stunna
11-13-2002, 09:58 PM
I really am a natural born Trojan fan. I've been with them since i really cant remember but I dont know how far they will go in the playoffs. My guess is 2. I think they are going to beat Hardin but then I dont know how good they will do against Newton or Teague. How far do ya'll think they will go???

AggieJohn
11-14-2002, 12:16 AM
Stunna:
I really am a natural born Trojan fan. I've been with them since i really cant remember but I dont know how far they will go in the playoffs. My guess is 2. I think they are going to beat Hardin but then I dont know how good they will do against Newton or Teague. How far do ya'll think they will go???I agree 21-7 win over hardin...but when ya hit newton...i wish the best but i dont' see CS going much farther...much love from your 22-3a Brothers in liberty

trojandad
11-14-2002, 12:36 AM
Recheck the brackets, Stunna. The Trojans would play the LaGrange-Columbus winner after Hardin. One thing's for sure, this season has proven that we can beat anyone if prepared and we can't even beat a winless team (Tarkington) if we look too far ahead.

Go Trojans !!

Pudlugger
11-14-2002, 09:09 AM
trojandad:
Recheck the brackets, Stunna. The Trojans would play the LaGrange-Columbus winner after Hardin. One thing's for sure, this season has proven that we can beat anyone if prepared and we can't even beat a winless team (Tarkington) if we look too far ahead.

Go Trojans !!Good advice Trojandad. It is one game at a time in the playoffs. Looking ahead is fun, but you can get knocked off by anyone if not focused. Right now La Grange is taking Columbus very seriously as they are a tough football team. Their defense is the stingiest in D23 3A and they have some fine athlete's. The Leps respect this team and are working hard right now to win that game. Who plays next week is not real, who plays this Friday is real. Just keep it real. :cool:

borfmen010
11-14-2002, 09:47 AM
As long as Coldspring stays crunk and focused they will do well. Just don't lose focus or crunkness.

trojandad
11-14-2002, 02:37 PM
I heard that, Pudlugger, a banker friend of mine said he saw Columbus this year and he said their defense was noticeable, for sure. He said they played with real abandon. I know nothing about them or LaGrange but definitely have heard that Columbus is defense first. Old saying, they can't score, they can't win. LOL Good luck to you guys.

BTW, any thoughts, whoever the winner is of your game, whether next week's would be a Saturday game, noting the three hour drive time between either Columbus or LaGrange and us or Hardin? See, I'm trying to not count my chickens. LOL Let me know.

Pudlugger
11-14-2002, 02:56 PM
trojandad:
I heard that, Pudlugger, a banker friend of mine said he saw Columbus this year and he said their defense was noticeable, for sure. He said they played with real abandon. I know nothing about them or LaGrange but definitely have heard that Columbus is defense first. Old saying, they can't score, they can't win. LOL Good luck to you guys.

BTW, any thoughts, whoever the winner is of your game, whether next week's would be a Saturday game, noting the three hour drive time between either Columbus or LaGrange and us or Hardin? See, I'm trying to not count my chickens. LOL Let me know.Possibly a Friday night game at a neutral site like Prairie View A&M or somewhere mid way. We played Coldsprings there a few years back I heard.
I don't like Saturday games so early as it only gives 6 days to prepare for round three if you advance(which will be either Newton or Marlin). I bet the coaches would prefer the extra day to prepare for that one. LOL :)

trojandad
11-14-2002, 03:26 PM
You're right Pudlugger, just looked it up, in 96 we won 21-12 on our way to the state semis, we also beat Columbus in '92 on the way to the state finals, but neither says what day of the week we played on our website.

Hope your right. The one good thing about Saturday play, tho, is that you get to see a great Friday night playoff you wouldn't ordinarily get to see. Here's just hoping we stay focused enough to have that problem to worry about. LOL