PDA

View Full Version : Cameron's new ball field.

Rabid Cougar
02-18-2016, 03:53 PM
http://www.cameronherald.com/articles/2016/02/17/yards-cameron-opening-day-saturday

When it is complete it will have three full size turf fields. No more having to play tournaments in Rockdale and Cameron.

Old Green
02-18-2016, 03:55 PM
Looks great !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoe_09
02-18-2016, 04:24 PM
Yes, the current project completed was about 8 million. Will be adding on 2 more all turf baseball field, 3 softball fields, and more parking. Total costs for the current 3 phases will be around 18 million.

Scoop27
02-18-2016, 06:26 PM
Wish other towns the size like Cameron could add a baseball complex. There are still a lot of towns in dire needs of new complex and have to use the little league facilities and East Bernard is one of them. Shine has the Starplex outside of town which is nice and Weimar also has great facilities- Doesn't La Grange have nice complex as well?-

Scoop27
02-18-2016, 06:28 PM
El Campo has a new complex as well. Wharton sure needs a new complex as Tiger Field is used for WCJC baseball as well. Know Wharton's softball complex needs improvement

Rocket Man
02-18-2016, 11:02 PM
$18MM; how's it being funded?

Yoe_09
02-19-2016, 10:33 AM
$18MM; how's it being funded?

Well, a good portion of phase I was funded by an all athletic bond, which pretty much re-did the football field, track, tennis courts, and a new baseball field. The bond included the field, clubhouse, and a few other things. There was also a million dollar grant for infrastructure.

Rabid Cougar
02-19-2016, 11:28 AM
You can also be Franklin with a power plant and coal fields.
http://www.thefranklinranch.com/

Yoe_09
02-19-2016, 11:37 AM
You can also be Franklin with a power plant and coal fields.
http://www.thefranklinranch.com/

The Ranch currently is my favorite facility that I have been to. Now, Cameron is in possibly the best location for something like this with being of the more central locations in the state. You are 50 minutes for Waco, 50 minutes from College station, and about 50 minutes from entering the Austin metro area. Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio are just over a little over 2 hours. They were looking for ways to increase traffic and retail development here, and I think they chose wisely.

Rabid Cougar
02-19-2016, 02:52 PM
The Ranch currently is my favorite facility that I have been to. Now, Cameron is in possibly the best location for something like this with being of the more central locations in the state. You are 50 minutes for Waco, 50 minutes from College station, and about 50 minutes from entering the Austin metro area. Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio are just over a little over 2 hours. They were looking for ways to increase traffic and retail development here, and I think they chose wisely.

Saw the success and draw of the basketball tournaments.

Rabid Cougar
02-19-2016, 02:54 PM
Will the Yards become Temple Colleges home away from home?

Yoe_09
02-19-2016, 04:53 PM
I could see quite a few JUCO games being played here as the facilities are top notch. I am not one to complain, but there is one thing we are going to have to fix. Right now, there is currently not much more seating that what there is at Airport Park (old field). IMO, this should also be a prime spot for big-time high school matchups...small and large school. However, the current seating situation will not work. For summer ball it is fine, as you are going to be dealing with the quantity of teams and not so much the quantity of fans. There is room to sit behind the backstop, but that is not a whole lot.