PDA

View Full Version : Bellville softball information

Scoop27
02-13-2016, 10:12 PM
Do any of you Bellville softball fans know how good the Brahmanettes will be this year?
They open the season Tuesday by hosting 3A East Bernard who will be a little down this season after losing their ace pitcher who is now at A&M

XMan
02-15-2016, 02:18 PM
Not sure how the Bellville squad will be. They SHOULD be pretty good on a year to year basis but have been way down the past few years. The school powers that be push volleyball very hard and give very little consideration to softball. Last I heard, there was no softball offseason, softball was an after school, during the season activity only. If you dont play volleyball, you arent in athletic period, softball coach is hired based on volleyball knowledge. Maybe things have changed, but thats how it used to be.

hookandladder
02-15-2016, 02:38 PM
Not sure how the Bellville squad will be. They SHOULD be pretty good on a year to year basis but have been way down the past few years. The school powers that be push volleyball very hard and give very little consideration to softball. Last I heard, there was no softball offseason, softball was an after school, during the season activity only. If you dont play volleyball, you arent in athletic period, softball coach is hired based on volleyball knowledge. Maybe things have changed, but thats how it used to be.

Pretty sure the current Bellville softball coach never played volleyball and was not hired because of her Volleyball knowledge, not sure how they will be this year however the softball talent there now is nowhere near what it used to be.

Scoop27
02-15-2016, 05:20 PM
This game (varsity only) has been moved for tonight)

NastySlot
02-16-2016, 03:22 PM
Bellville 3 East Bernard 0

coach
02-16-2016, 03:56 PM
I don't know about their softball, but their d line coach is a putz.