PDA

View Full Version : we have the best website for Texas football!

Jimbotex40
07-17-2003, 12:57 AM
i went to 5Atexasfootball.somethingorother.

it stinks compared to what all the wonderful admins have set up for us here. its the small things we have that make this site more fun....... better web design, better info (although the 5A has one heck of a recruiting guide), more people involved, my petty argument startage.

thanks to matthew, and the guy who hates basketball, and the other person that left from aledo, cuz theyre 4A.

Old Cardinal
07-17-2003, 04:31 AM
I totally agree, this is a fun site. Thanks to all who maintain it!

Gobbla2001
07-17-2003, 08:54 AM
5atexasfootball.com was founded by my good friend KT2000... He's done a GREAT job... HE started it in the offseason of '01 and it has taken off. Now he has a pretty good team put together to help him. The most amazing thing is that he's done most of it from North Carolina (from Katy, just had to move).

They put out a magazine this year and everything. They're really headed for bigger things.

Jimbotex40
07-17-2003, 11:52 AM
yeah, gobbla, they do have some awesome reviews, especially about recruiting like i mentioned, im just saying that the only bad thing is theyre lack of posting.

Jimbotex40
07-17-2003, 11:59 AM
omg, i posted something on that site last night, about them not posting, just to try and get soemthing started, and one of the admins deleted it. what a lil puss. i guess thats another thing thats better about our site, our admins let us post whatever we want without cussing too much or being racist, sexist, and all the other things that end in -ist.

Chief Woodman
07-17-2003, 01:19 PM
Jimbo- you have this right 100%. What a great site! Nice place to trade info, hear others views and discuss the football in Texas. Reminds me of a family. It is OK to talk trash to one another about who is the best, who will win, why it is so....but let someone from another state tell us how great they are or how bad our teams are.....and BAM! The family who was just fighting will all turn on the intruder. Thanks to the folks who put in the work so that we may have some fun.

Blackcat03
07-17-2003, 02:11 PM
I agree! This is the best site! I don't usually send money out over the mail, but it was for the betterment of this site. This site has kept me informed, and allowed me to talk trash all at the same time! And now as I leave for college, I look for it too keep on keeping me informed about my old team! GOOD LUCK MEXIA!!! Bring home another District Title!!!

Matthew328
07-17-2003, 07:13 PM
Guys don't bash the 5A site....it is a GREAT site...I think the difference between 3A and 5A is that in 5A schools, most are located close or in major metropolitan areas..thus the fans have a LOT more options unlike many of us 3A fans who have no lives! LOL :p

Old Tiger
07-17-2003, 10:03 PM
Matthew328:
Guys don't bash the 5A site....it is a GREAT site...I think the difference between 3A and 5A is that in 5A schools, most are located close or in major metropolitan areas..thus the fans have a LOT more options unlike many of us 3A fans who have no lives! LOL :p The board is our life wink .

aamove
07-17-2003, 10:24 PM
I'll have to agree. This is the best Football site. I don't post that often, but I check in to see what everyone is saying several times a week. Thanks to all the people that make the down low what it is.

Jimbotex40
07-18-2003, 12:38 AM
matthew, i dont wanna bash the 5A one, but i kinda have to when they delete one of my topics, what i am supposed to do, ask for permission to start a topic. i must compliment the person on this site who is in charge of deciding what can be said and what cant be. i only remember one thing that got taken off on this site, and it was due to bad language, thats undersatndable. on the 5A one, i didnt use one bad word.

sinton66
07-18-2003, 07:26 AM
Our moderators have said something several times that I completely agree with. What makes this site so special is its' members. I would put the 'lows members up against any board in this Country. Our discussions are lively, spirited and normally in depth. Overall, we seem to have the right combination of knowledge, natural curiosity, and a sense of humor. When you add in moderators that have a sincere committment to the board (and its' members), that's a good formula for success. We really do have something special here.

I challenge the rest of you(particularily the newer members)to realize what we have here, and to become as protective of this site as I and many others have become. There are ALWAYS those whose sole purpose is to spread hate and discontent. When they come on here, it's kinda our duty to drive them off, isn't it?

Rabbit'93
07-18-2003, 12:33 PM
Well said 66. Thanks to everyone that makes this an enjoyable site for all HS fans to enjoy.

3afan2K3
07-15-2004, 10:39 AM
I agree

Ranger Mom
07-15-2004, 10:54 AM
Dang Kyle, you had to go a long way back to find this post!

Rabbit'93
07-15-2004, 11:06 AM
The bad thing about this is, as I was reading this I was thinking it was a new post by Jimbo. Then I got to my post and couldn't figure out when in the heck I had posted. Threw me for a loop.

BullFrog Dad
07-15-2004, 11:18 AM
I couldn't wait to see a thread with 14 posts and 8 views!!!

BHKrystal06
07-15-2004, 11:59 AM
This site rocks, I'm glad I found it.

pakrat
07-15-2004, 09:49 PM
Yeah, they really drug up old stuff. Now some of it will have to be edited to apply to today. We can't talk about politics anymore so we can't say we can talk about anything.