PDA

View Full Version : 13 Texas high school football products are headed for Super Bowl 50

Sweetwater Red
01-27-2016, 02:37 PM
Click link to see map

http://www.texasfootball.com/morning-jolt-13-texas-high-school-football-products-are-headed-for-super-bowl-50/

This is the Morning Jolt, TexasFootball.com’s wake-up call to get up and start thinking about football.

January 27, 2016

by Greg Tepper

The biggest football game — and arguably the biggest sporting event — of the year is a mere week and a half away, when Super Bowl 50 will kick off from San Francisco on February 7.

And when the NFC champion Carolina Panthers tee it up against the AFC champion Denver Broncos, there will be a distinct Texas flavor.

All told, Carolina and Denver feature 13 former Texas high school football players, including players on the practice squad and injured reserve.

The 13 Texas high school football products heading to Super Bowl 50:

Denver LB Von Miller — DeSoto
Denver OL Louis Vasquez — Corsicana
Denver LB Corey Nelson — Dallas Skyline
Denver CB Aqib Talib — Richardson Berkner
Denver WR Emmanuel Sanders — Bellville
Denver WR Jordan Taylor — Denison (Practice Squad)
Carolina DB Carrington Byndom — Lufkin
Carolina CB Teddy Williams — John Tyler
Carolina RB Fozzy Whitaker — Pearland
Carolina CB Charles Tillman — Copperas Cove (Injured Reserve)
Carolina S Colin Jones — Bridgeport
Carolina OL Daryl Williams — Lake Dallas
Carolina TE Nate Askew — San Antonio Madison (Practice Squad)

slpybear the bullfan
01-27-2016, 05:08 PM
Yessir! I know our town, Bridgeport has been all abuzz about Colin and his trip to Super Bowl 50.

http://www.wcmessenger.com/2016/news/super-dream-becomes-reality-bridgeport-star-reaches-super-bowl/

There were a couple of games he played in HS that were just unreal. I will never forget our trip to the Mustang Bowl in the playoffs in 2005. We faced Monahans and lost in OT by 1 point. We scored more TDs than Monahans, but did not make a PAT the entire game. Colin Jones was incredible that night. He had been all season, but that game he just stood out on the field.

He has had a great career, proud of you Colin!

exbull
01-29-2016, 10:03 AM
That was a great game, but it is hard to beat his 396 yards rushing and 5 rushing touchdowns against Kennedale in 2004. In that game he also had over 50 yards receiving and two more touchdowns.

slpybear the bullfan
01-29-2016, 10:33 AM
Yessir, I remember that game well!

Bullaholic
01-29-2016, 10:36 AM
Colin Jones is a great athlete and I am really glad he was a Bridgeport Bull---loved watching him play, he had the whole package---power, speed, and soft hands plus being a really good kid from a great family. Sure glad he is getting a shot at a SB, and I hope Carolina can pull off a victory, and Colin can come home and show off his ring. Was proud then---and still proud that Colin Jones is from Bridgeport.

Sweetwater Red
01-29-2016, 11:58 AM
I will never forget our trip to the Mustang Bowl in the playoffs in 2005. We faced Monahans and lost in OT by 1 point. We scored more TDs than Monahans, but did not make a PAT the entire game. Colin Jones was incredible that night. He had been all season, but that game he just stood out on the field.

I was there and it was an incredible game. Easily still in the top 3 of the funnest HS football games that I've ever witnessed.

Congrats to Colin and all other Texas products that are members of the Broncos and Panthers.

coach
01-29-2016, 12:27 PM
Yessir! I know our town, Bridgeport has been all abuzz about Colin and his trip to Super Bowl 50.

http://www.wcmessenger.com/2016/news/super-dream-becomes-reality-bridgeport-star-reaches-super-bowl/

There were a couple of games he played in HS that were just unreal. I will never forget our trip to the Mustang Bowl in the playoffs in 2005. We faced Monahans and lost in OT by 1 point. We scored more TDs than Monahans, but did not make a PAT the entire game. Colin Jones was incredible that night. He had been all season, but that game he just stood out on the field.

Was Colin Jones a move in?

exbull
01-29-2016, 05:00 PM

His mom and dad also graduated from Bridgeport...
I have never seen someone so upset about getting beat in a practice basketball game a season ago. Get over it. It was a meaningless game that your team lost.

slpybear the bullfan
02-02-2016, 11:21 AM

Sure, sure... map located here... Mapquest (http://www.memes.com/img/626135)

coach
02-02-2016, 12:43 PM
His mom and dad also graduated from Bridgeport...
I have never seen someone so upset about getting beat in a practice basketball game a season ago. Get over it. It was a meaningless game that your team lost.

I am not mad at all that we lost. We played really good and it helped us for the playoffs. What I don't like is how Bridgeport cheated the rest of the state. How many of those kids are back?? And how come the Robertson kid was a freshman in like 09? And why did the pg move back east?

exbull
02-02-2016, 03:24 PM
You are clueless. The UIL had approved everything before any of them played in a game. Not sure how that was cheating. We did not have anyone named Robertson. The point guard did not move back east. He was never east to begin with. When he was in 8th grade his coach (in a different state) moved him up to varsity for a couple of games. He asked the UIL for a waiver to play this year and they said no. He did not have enough credits to graduate high school, so he enrolled in a private school where he could play and better himself and get ready for college.

coach
02-02-2016, 08:17 PM
You are clueless. The UIL had approved everything before any of them played in a game. Not sure how that was cheating. We did not have anyone named Robertson. The point guard did not move back east. He was never east to begin with. When he was in 8th grade his coach (in a different state) moved him up to varsity for a couple of games. He asked the UIL for a waiver to play this year and they said no. He did not have enough credits to graduate high school, so he enrolled in a private school where he could play and better himself and get ready for college.

Patterson, what ever. All I know is y'all had 4 move ins and they are all gone for what ever reason. Moving in with other people. Just because the UIL okays doesn't make it right. My apologies for ruffling your feathers. Good luck the rest of the way and enjoy your State Championship*

exbull
02-02-2016, 09:30 PM
Patterson, what ever. All I know is y'all had 4 move ins and they are all gone for what ever reason. Moving in with other people. Just because the UIL okays doesn't make it right. My apologies for ruffling your feathers. Good luck the rest of the way and enjoy your State Championship*

No. Still clueless. 3 of them are still here. Maybe we can schedule yall again for another practice game before the playoffs, and only bring kids that have bridgeport listed on their birth certificate...i guess those are the only kids that should be allowed to play according to you.

coach
02-03-2016, 10:54 AM
No. Still clueless. 3 of them are still here. Maybe we can schedule yall again for another practice game before the playoffs, and only bring kids that have bridgeport listed on their birth certificate...i guess those are the only kids that should be allowed to play according to you.

Ehhhh, we got to make the playoffs first lol. Tough year for the Eagles. Difference between us and Bport... Yalls 2 best players moved. Our 2 best players didnt even cojme out for basketbbal.

exbull
02-03-2016, 01:40 PM
Ehhhh, we got to make the playoffs first lol. Tough year for the Eagles. Difference between us and Bport... Yalls 2 best players moved. Our 2 best players didnt even cojme out for basketbbal.

That is pretty tough. We returned 4 of our 5 starters from last year. Sure miss the 5th, as he is a great kid.

coach
02-03-2016, 02:22 PM
That is pretty tough. We returned 4 of our 5 starters from last year. Sure miss the 5th, as he is a great kid.

wait, I thoughy Patterson and the PG left?

exbull
02-03-2016, 05:43 PM
nope, only the point guard. Patterson is still here.

coach
02-04-2016, 10:15 AM
nope, only the point guard. Patterson is still here.

Well crap yall still have a chance to make a run.