PDA

View Full Version : 4A Schools With Wrestling Programs

LHPfactory
01-21-2016, 11:57 PM
How many 4A Schools Have Wrestling Programs?

We want it in Liberty Hill.

Twirling Time
01-22-2016, 10:50 AM
I know Argyle has it. I think Melissa does too.

coach
01-22-2016, 11:30 AM
I wrestled in bed last night. Does that count?

Cam
01-22-2016, 12:46 PM

....no wraslin' in Burnet either.....only wraslin' that goes on takes place in the mud pits out behind Greendawg's place on Saturday nights.....and even then, the main event is usually just Greendawg vs panfan!........and folks pay for this stuff!.......

.....this is all Greendawg's fault!......

Cam
01-22-2016, 01:01 PM
I wrestled in bed last night. Does that count?

.....beatin' the hell outta yourself...does not count!............:D

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/hairy%20palms.jpg

.....this is all Greendawg's fault!........

panfan
01-22-2016, 01:26 PM

Ya know factory, whn Jacob was in 8th grade, one of the coaches tried to get something going. He was a collegiate wrestler and put together a summer program and said he was trying to get a program going withing the school. It never materialized and not sure if it was nixed by Vance or simply not enough money to support the program. For the summer he did it, he learned real fast that despite being bigger and stronger than many of his opponents, their technique was the key. He wrestled one kid out of Alaska at Ft. Hood. The kid was a long time wrestler and had Jacob on the ground and pinned three times within about a minute and half. I could see how a good wrestling program could easily help football players learn to use their leverage, and increase their core strength in ways weights just won't.

panfan
01-22-2016, 01:26 PM
....no wraslin' in Burnet either.....only wraslin' that goes on takes place in the mud pits out behind Greendawg's place on Saturday nights.....and even then, the main event is usually just Greendawg vs panfan!........and folks pay for this stuff!.......

:spitlol::spitlol::spitlol:

coach
01-22-2016, 01:34 PM
.....beatin' the hell outta yourself...does not count!............:D

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/hairy%20palms.jpg

.....this is all Greendawg's fault!........

At least I went all 12 rounds!

Cam
01-22-2016, 02:54 PM
At least I went all 12 rounds!

.....Wow!......36 minutes!......Impressive!.......:smoker:;)

Rabid Cougar
01-22-2016, 03:23 PM
wrastlin is a different bread of cat or should I say, spider monkey. Whole different training mentality.

greendawg84
01-22-2016, 03:44 PM

Hey , ya gotta make a living somehow !

Rabid Cougar
01-22-2016, 03:52 PM
wrastlin is a different bread of cat or should I say, spider monkey. Whole different training mentality.

Sorry Different "Breed".

Cam
01-22-2016, 03:58 PM

....."bread of cat"..:vrycnfsd:...sounds like a foreign gourmet dish of some sort.........there's some online English courses coming up for ya'll sonsaguns who are grammatically challenged........I think it's either Phoenix University or Whitey Cantspell University......look it up......hijos de la chingada!:doh::doh:......:D

Que vais-je à faire avec vous?

Cam
01-22-2016, 04:05 PM
Hey , ya gotta make a living somehow !

....I thought you were a pimp?.....

Rabid Cougar
01-22-2016, 08:36 PM
....."bread of cat"..:vrycnfsd:...sounds like a foreign gourmet dish of some sort.........there's some online English courses coming up for ya'll sonsaguns who are grammatically challenged........I think it's either Phoenix University or Whitey Cantspell University......look it up......hijos de la chingada!:doh::doh:......:D

Que vais-je à faire avec vous?

Speakin that furin tongue agin

Cam
01-22-2016, 10:07 PM
Speakin that furin tongue agin

.......:thumbsup:..........

stardog
01-22-2016, 10:19 PM
Had wrestling in all schools in Wyoming. Its as big a sport as football and basketball. Wish they had it here. Great sport. Hardest part is in football - basketball the team lost but in wrestling your kid lost !!!!!

LHPfactory
01-25-2016, 05:07 PM
Ya know factory, whn Jacob was in 8th grade, one of the coaches tried to get something going. He was a collegiate wrestler and put together a summer program and said he was trying to get a program going withing the school. It never materialized and not sure if it was nixed by Vance or simply not enough money to support the program. For the summer he did it, he learned real fast that despite being bigger and stronger than many of his opponents, their technique was the key. He wrestled one kid out of Alaska at Ft. Hood. The kid was a long time wrestler and had Jacob on the ground and pinned three times within about a minute and half. I could see how a good wrestling program could easily help football players learn to use their leverage, and increase their core strength in ways weights just won't.

Its great for leverage, core strength, balance, body control, and just plain old heart and fight. My 7th grader has really taken off with it, I am looking forward to see how it translates into his physical match ups in the fall.