PDA

View Full Version : ARTICLE FROM THE EAGLE IN COLLEGE STATION THIS MORNING

olddawggreen
12-02-2003, 06:58 PM
This is part of an article by Robert Cessna of The Eagle that was in the paper in College Station this morning.

Heading; TOP-NOTCH STADIUMS ATTRACT PLAYOFFS
(This article talks about stadiums and playoffs and mentions the Bellville-Marlin game on Friday and the Burnet-Jasper game on Saturday. I have not added the entire article, but you can read it at brazossports.com) I have added the following;

Aggie fans have a vested interest in the playoff games at Kyle Field.
Burnet quarterback Stephen McGee has pledged to Texas A&M.
With all the rumors about Aggie quarterback Dustin Long possibly transferring, McGee could see playing time at A&M quickly. McGee was 11 of 19 passing last week for 296 yards with three touchdowns in a 42-21 victory over Sinton.
McGee's plans are to graduate high school in December and enroll at A&M in January, which would allow him to take part in spring training.

McGee's favorite target, Jordan Shipley, also might be worth a look. Shipley, a Texas Longhorn recruit, is the state's career leader in receptions with 253. He has 5,212 yards with 71 TDS.

Bellville's quarterback is Jess Buenger, who signed a baseball scholarship with A&M. He plays shortstop.
I have been working out of College Station the last couple of weeks and have talked to quite a few Aggies that plan to come out and preview their new QB this Saturday!

<small>[ December 02, 2003, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: olddawggreen ]</small>

lotus67
12-02-2003, 07:07 PM
Aint it cool :cool:

dawg03
12-02-2003, 07:21 PM
I go to school at A&M and heard around, I also got that paper this morning. wink

lepfan
12-02-2003, 10:50 PM
I thought someone said Shipley was backing out of UT and now looking at Texas Tech. Any truth to that?

keep_it_real
12-02-2003, 11:22 PM
im in cs ill be there both days.....

mwisnews
12-03-2003, 12:08 AM
How did you way of there in Finland. Plus what is like down there?

Bellville22
12-03-2003, 12:36 AM
olddawggreen:

With all the rumors about Aggie quarterback Dustin Long possibly transferring, McGee could see playing time at A&M quickly. Umm...I think that Mr. McNeal has 2 good years in him. After a year to learn the system, I look for good things next year. But I'm thrilled that McGee is heading this way!

KTJ
12-03-2003, 01:03 AM
lepfan:
I thought someone said Shipley was backing out of UT and now looking at Texas Tech. Any truth to that?nope--still coming to The University.