PDA

View Full Version : Two new restaurants in El Campo area now open

Scoop27
01-14-2016, 01:33 PM
El Campo must be growing as two new restaurants opened over the past week
Bogie's Sports Bar is on at the old Pinchers place across from Greek Bros which is located in downtown off Hwy 71.
They have chicken wings, chicken fried steak, burger etc and a bar. Hopefully it will make it
The other place is in New Taiton which is 5 miles west of El Campo on Hwy 71 called Lone Star Cafe. They are open 7 a.m.-10 p.m. serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. They have steaks, fish and Mexican food and a little bit of this and that and are reasonably priced.
The New Hinzes in Wharton will be opened soon as well as the new Pizza Hut-Wing Street.

Cam
01-14-2016, 03:05 PM
Good luck to them....restaurants are a tough business in small towns.......Burnet will get one and it'll be gone before you know it.......luckily, a few have managed to hang in there.......Greendawg once tried to open a taco stand right off 281....but lasted only two weeks cause Greendawg insisted on adding Grey Poupon to everything....for example, it wasn't just a bean and cheese taco...it was a bean, cheese, and grey poupon taco!..........No potato and egg....but potato, egg, and Grey Poupon........not to mention the Chorizo Poupon Special..........:doh::doh:

...if I ever opened up a taco stand, I'd call it "Taco-N-Madre"!!!......for those of you who speak spanish, I think you'll get it.......

Aesculus gilmus
01-14-2016, 06:46 PM
Gilmer's downtown area has looked like it got hit by a neutron bomb ever since shortly after Walmart arrived four decades ago. However, there are at least three Tex-Mex restaurants on the square.

Gilmer ISD's Hispanic student population is now a larger percentage than its African-American cohort for the first time in history.

slingshot
01-14-2016, 06:53 PM
Gilmer's downtown area has looked like it got hit by a neutron bomb ever since shortly after Walmart arrived four decades ago. However, there are at least three Tex-Mex restaurants on the square.

Gilmer ISD's Hispanic student population is now a larger percentage than its African-American cohort for the first time in history.
Soccer is on its way...

poisoned10
01-16-2016, 10:59 AM
Soccer is on its way...

That is very ra- . . . Likely going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk