PDA

View Full Version : Jury Duty....

Cam
01-12-2016, 09:57 PM
gosh dangit....they finally got me!....Chosen to serve on a criminal assault trial.......what were they thinkin'?.....they know my hemorrhoids won't let me sit still for long.....

waterboy
01-13-2016, 08:18 AM
It's greendawg's fault! He should've told you to say something like, "I believe he's guilty!"

buckeyebob
01-13-2016, 08:54 AM
Bring the guilty SOB in...always works for me...peeing in your pants (wear khakis) does too but it should be the last resort

greendawg84
01-13-2016, 09:03 AM
Well I can tell you from experience dont be the quiet one you will be the first one they call . Then 2 months later you get picked for Grand Jury and that my friends is 1 day a month for 6 months .

My wife pays the jury so when I got selected and she came to pay us ,I told by buddy he was about to witness a first ! My wife handing me cash for a change !!

Rabid Cougar
01-13-2016, 10:34 AM
I just say, "I am a racist and I believe in the death penalty" Works everytime, except when the accused is a racist and believes in the death penalty.

44INAROW
01-13-2016, 11:01 AM
Well I can tell you from experience dont be the quiet one you will be the first one they call . Then 2 months later you get picked for Grand Jury and that my friends is 1 day a month for 6 months .

My wife pays the jury so when I got selected and she came to pay us ,I told by buddy he was about to witness a first ! My wife handing me cash for a change !!
I though being on Grand Jury was interesting.. get to ask any question you want (not that it gets answered though) being in a small town, it can get dicey though...

Cam
01-14-2016, 12:42 PM

....guess I was the quiet one.......Hey, saw Mrs. Greendawg on Tuesday....she was handing out the money....I tried to get her to slip me an extra twenty..but she didn't go for it!......this is all your fault!!....

Cam
01-14-2016, 12:44 PM
I just say, "I am a racist and I believe in the death penalty" Works everytime, except when the accused is a racist and believes in the death penalty.

....:spitlol:.....I tried using, "I'm not racist I hate everybody equally!".......but that didn't cut the mustard......

Cam
01-14-2016, 01:19 PM
well......the verdict is in.......GUILTY!.......I wouldn't have had it any other way.....:D......I must admit, that was my first trial....three stressful days and it was tiring but intense, edumacational, and interesting....I think everyone should go through this at least once.......it was a little nerve rackin'...the defendant kept staring at me for some reason!.....his eyes would've been better spent lookin' at the three good lookin' lawyers that were present!.......

....well, us jurors managed to upset the judge yesterday morning!...it was mostly my fault for a change and not Greendawgs.......we were in the deliberation room waiting to be called in.....I was just tellin' some simple stories and made some folks laugh pretty good....shortly after the bailiff popped his head in and told us in a very nice way to be quiet cause they were having some sort of hearing in the courtroom......not two minutes later I said a few things that got the group riled up again...more laughter ensued..especially from one of the older jurors who had possibly one of the loudest laughs/voices I'd ever heard........sure enough the bailiff returned...this time he didn't look too pleased....said the judge was really upset this time and that we had to keep it down!......oops!!!......my thinkin' is why don't they soundproof these rooms a little better?.....I was just tryin' to keep everyone awake and alert for the coming task at hand!.....and I swear I didn't even tell the joke about the "hung" jury on the east side of Chicago!......and then here we all are walking into the courtroom all serious and stuff.....you could almost feel the judge's piercin' glare as we walked in......:doh::dispntd:

bobcat1
01-14-2016, 07:36 PM
Just say he's guilty are we gonna get to hang him? Never served yet.

stardog
01-14-2016, 08:21 PM
If he was from Liberty Hill - no doubt - quilty with Cam !

Cam
01-14-2016, 08:59 PM
If he was from Liberty Hill - no doubt - quilty with Cam !

.......nope....but he was from Marble Falls which runs a close second to LH!.....

panfan
01-15-2016, 11:29 AM
.If he was from Liberty Hill - no doubt - quilty with Cam ! ......nope....but he was from Marble Falls which runs a close second to LH!.....

Its kinda like little brother is better looking and more athletic and gets all the girls and big brother is always jealous. :D:taunt: Poor Bulldawgs

Cam
01-15-2016, 11:50 AM
Its kinda like little brother is better looking and more athletic and gets all the girls and big brother is always jealous. :D:taunt: Poor Bulldawgs

:spitlol:.........:thinking:..........:foul::foul: .......

coach
01-15-2016, 01:26 PM
1. Give him the chair
2. If you do get selected and it's time for the verdict tell them " Wait, let me ask the downlow what they think"

stardog
01-15-2016, 08:49 PM
1. Give him the chair
2. If you do get selected and it's time for the verdict tell them " Wait, let me ask the downlow what they think"

That's a good idea - select the jury from the downlow gang !!!

toddg
01-15-2016, 10:30 PM
i must look like a mean a-hole or something..i never get picked ha!