PDA

View Full Version : Houston Texans vs. Kansas City Chiefs

Scoop27
01-09-2016, 02:28 PM
Can the Houston Texans come up with an upset over the Chiefs today?
I think they have a chance if the defense continues to play lights out like the past games

TarponFanInNorthTexas
01-09-2016, 05:45 PM
The Texans aren't going to win if Brian Hoyer continues to act like the 2013 version of Matt Schaub.

Saggy Aggie
01-09-2016, 06:58 PM
Here comes the Hackenberg draft pick

bobcat1
01-09-2016, 07:36 PM
Bad as I hate to say this but Weeden would have been better. Hoyer is awful.

Cam
01-09-2016, 10:45 PM
Bad as I hate to say this but Weeden would have been better. Hoyer is awful.

....I thought that was Cassel!.......

TarponFanInNorthTexas
01-10-2016, 01:04 AM
I think someone should have told Brian Hoyer that he plays for the Texans, not the Chiefs.

Roughneck93
01-10-2016, 12:30 PM
:tisk:

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/z95x3wMX9WinoNczke-JvcLyyWU=/1200x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/5890081/wattRB.0.gif

Saggy Aggie
01-18-2016, 02:06 AM
Aside from the obvious gaping hole at QB, the Texans need serious help on the offensive line. Derek Newton (who got a new contract last offseason for God know's why) is terrible. His versatility is great to be able to fill in a position when needed, but he cant be the everyday RT. At guard, the combination of Brandon Brooks and other teams' castoffs simply isnt good enough. Starting C Ben Jones is an unrestricted FA. Duane Brown has been a pro-bowl LT for Houston for a long time, but he's getting up there a bit in age and he tore his quad the last game of the regular season. He will come back, but hes not got a whole lot of tread left on the tires.

TEs have been completely absent from the offense since Owen Daniels went to Denver. The Texans are desperate for TE help. The trio they have managed to total about 40 catches for 450 yards for the entire season. Ryan Griffin is athletic and young and could be decent, but hes got bricks for hands and was injured for half the year.

At DT, Wilfork may be able to play another year, but they need someone else inside too. He's only good for a couple plays each series. They've got no other 3-4 type nose tackles.

LB is a bit of an issue too. You've got Clowney and Mercilus who play the same position. I honestly believe Clowney belongs on the line his hand in the dirt... if he could stay healthy... Mercilus is effective rushing the passer, but his value is limited. Cushing might not be done, but his value is steadily declining. McKinney has developed nicely, but hes just not fast enough to cover. They may be able to patchwork together the LB/DE combo for another year like they've done the last 2 years, but its going to bite them in the ass soon. John Simon has looked pretty good at LB, but his body of work is still lacking. I'd like to see him get another shot. I believe hes going to be a restricted FA though.

I'd say Houston is in decent shape at WR so long as Nate Washington comes back. The trio of him, Deandre and Jaelen Strong was better than I thought it would be. Cecil Shorts mixing in some isnt a bad #4 either. Also, Houston seems to be in decent shape at DB, with Joseph, Jackson and Johnson at CB. Andre Hal at FS really impressed me for a young guy. They absolutely need to keep him. Quintin Demps at SS is a FA, so they either need to resign him or hopefully upgrade there.