PDA

View Full Version : New Ingleside AD/HC

MUSTANG69
01-08-2016, 01:05 PM
I have not verified this but I have been told Ingleside assistant coach Butch Porter has been named as the new AD/HC at Ingleside.

Red&White_9x5
01-08-2016, 02:29 PM
Something sounds real fishy if this is true!!

Snotbubbles
01-08-2016, 02:38 PM
I have not verified this but I have been told Ingleside assistant coach Butch Porter has been named as the new AD/HC at Ingleside.

Please verify first. It's how rumors get started. Cause, I was told Pancho Villa was new HC there.:wave:

SintonFan_inAustin
01-08-2016, 02:38 PM
I have not verified this but I have been told Ingleside assistant coach Butch Porter has been named as the new AD/HC at Ingleside.hmm. Heard they felt their assistant coaches didn't have the experience they're looking for unless this was the coach that had change their offensive scheme to start the season.

Well congrats to new coach if this has been decided hopefully he can keep Ingleside tradition going.

Ice-Man
01-08-2016, 02:39 PM
If true, Butch will do a good job.

YTBulldogs
01-08-2016, 02:41 PM
Please verify first. It's how rumors get started. Cause, I was told Pancho Villa was new HC there.:wave:

:spitlol: He married that IS lady I guess. Congrats PV.

Matthew328
01-09-2016, 06:56 PM
I've been told this is not true...it's highly unlikely Porter takes the job from what I am being told..he was simply made interim because both the OC and DC are going after the job and in order not to give either guy an advantage in the process Porter (who is near retirement) was made interim..

MUSTANG69
01-10-2016, 06:31 PM
That makes more sense .

pancho villa
01-11-2016, 09:39 AM
I would consider pursuing this opportunity however there is no way I could coach in Ingleside now. The women would never let me be, and Heaven knows I like trashy women, and they LOVE me.

MUSTANG69
01-16-2016, 01:35 PM
A school board member told me they had 30 applicants as of 1/15/16. I assume that is true since it came from a school board member.

Snotbubbles
01-16-2016, 01:41 PM
A school board member told me they had 30 applicants as of 1/15/16. I assume that is true since it came from a school board member.

Just 30, that's all? I hope this just posted for applicants. Or, it must already be known, who they are hiring, and just going through the motions. Better have a guy named before realignment on Feb 1st. Least it helps in getting ND games.

Additup
01-17-2016, 09:34 PM
I've been told this is not true...it's highly unlikely Porter takes the job from what I am being told..he was simply made interim because both the OC and DC are going after the job and in order not to give either guy an advantage in the process Porter (who is near retirement) was made interim..
If both applied then they both better be ready to move.

MUSTANG69
01-18-2016, 08:39 AM
Just 30, that's all? I hope this just posted for applicants. Or, it must already be known, who they are hiring, and just going through the motions. Better have a guy named before realignment on Feb 1st. Least it helps in getting ND games.

I don't know how long it has been posted. He didn't say and I didn't ask because it is what it is.

bps093
01-18-2016, 10:16 AM
When do interviews start? On job posting it says apps are due by the end of March which is a long time and awful late, but the start date is March 1????

Snotbubbles
01-18-2016, 12:41 PM
When do interviews start? On job posting it says apps are due by the end of March which is a long time and awful late, but the start date is March 1????

:dispntd: Day late dollar short. When will school boards/sup's get it. Another wasted year by late hire.

MUSTANG69
01-18-2016, 01:37 PM
:dispntd: Day late dollar short. When will school boards/sup's get it. Another wasted year by late hire.

Sometimes hiring to quickly can backfire on you. The individual I talked to was mainly concerned with hiring someone for the long haul who could get the kids out for sports and would allocate his time and resources fairly among all sports (girls and boys). If football suffers for a year so be it. It could not be worse than last year. I think interim AD Butch Porter is quite capable of taking care of business until someone is hred.

bps093
01-18-2016, 02:23 PM
Sometimes hiring to quickly can backfire on you. The individual I talked to was mainly concerned with hiring someone for the long haul who could get the kids out for sports and would allocate his time and resources fairly among all sports (girls and boys). If football suffers for a year so be it. It could not be worse than last year. I think interim AD Butch Porter is quite capable of taking care of business until someone is hred.

Yes he is. But, a month of applications is not hiring quickly either. I am just saying that this will be a red flag to many in the coaching profession.

MUSTANG69
01-18-2016, 03:52 PM
Yes he is. But, a month of applications is not hiring quickly either. I am just saying that this will be a red flag to many in the coaching profession.

First of all, I am not expressing an opinion at all on the subject. I just passed on what he told me. I am sure there are a lot of advantages to hiring quickly but sometimes that may backfire on you. The school board will ultimately assume responsibility for what they do. Personally, I would like them to hire someone as quickly as they can so that person can get all his programs started. Not just football.

MUSTANG69
01-19-2016, 08:11 AM

This was in today's Corpus Christi Caller Times. Ingleside's superintendent is quoted as saying that applications will be accepted thru January and interviews will be done in February. They hope to make an announcement at the March school board meeting.

pancho villa
01-19-2016, 09:22 AM
I just found out I have an interview for the AD/HC job(IHS) at the Backwoods Saloon. If it does not go well I'll have all my IS Ladies (I use this term loosely) spit snuff in the hiring committees eye.

MUSTANG69
01-20-2016, 01:06 PM
57applicants as of 1/19/16

YTBulldogs
02-11-2016, 07:28 PM
I'm hearing it's your old DC job (JW) if he want's it. Good man, solid coach. SP (TAPPS) would miss him.

MUSTANG69
02-12-2016, 09:01 AM
I'm hearing it's your old DC job (JW) if he want's it. Good man, solid coach. SP (TAPPS) would miss him.

Maybe so. According to the school superintendent it will be trimmed down to 10 applicants this week. Those 10 will be interviewed.

MUSTANG69
02-18-2016, 10:25 AM

Just a little update. There are now 6 applicants left that are being considered. The individual you referenced(J.W.) is supposedly one of the six.

YTBulldogs
02-18-2016, 02:07 PM
Just a little update. There are now 6 applicants left that are being considered. The individual you referenced(J.W.) is supposedly one of the six.

They have no fear of finalist accepting other openings? Sure drawn this vacancy out.

MUSTANG69
02-19-2016, 08:53 AM
They have no fear of finalist accepting other openings? Sure drawn this vacancy out.

I'm sure hiring the right person is more important than getting it done quickly. A decision will be made by the end of February. One of the complaints that I have heard from parents is that football received all the emphasis and other sports were left to suffer. My understanding is that the school district is being cautious and will hire an individual who will concentrate on all sports.

Breacher9
02-19-2016, 10:39 AM
Does anyone have any names on this job yet?? As far as applicants. I have heard that Dixon of Giddings, who used to be Hesseltines OC was a front runner. Also have heard Wachsmuth, Bush (who looks to have applied at EVERY head job in Texas) Port I coach. Anyone else have any other names ??

MUSTANG69
02-19-2016, 10:45 AM
Does anyone have any names on this job yet?? As far as applicants. I have heard that Dixon of Giddings, who used to be Hesseltines OC was a front runner. Also have heard Wachsmuth, Bush (who looks to have applied at EVERY head job in Texas) Port I coach. Anyone else have any other names ??

I was told by a school board member that Wachsmuth is one of the final 6 applicants. I think he was well liked when he was in Ingleside as the DC.

pancho villa
02-19-2016, 11:10 AM
Watch out Pancho Villa is riding into town

YTBulldogs
02-19-2016, 11:38 AM
Watch out Pancho Villa is riding into town

PV, you got a second call back for that gig?

MustangFootball
02-19-2016, 04:17 PM
I hope they get it right cause Ingleside school board is about is out of clue and out of touch as the city council, both are jokes and are really running this town into the ground. we are going nowhere fast.

Snotbubbles
02-19-2016, 07:31 PM
I'm sure hiring the right person is more important than getting it done quickly.

Say what you want, this was way too long in filling. All these openings, coaches will go normally whom offered first. I would not be shocked, if IS end's up with #3 or higher choice. This been open before end of year as I recall. And, in Texas, Football should be primary concern cause it funds futbol-like sports, that just loses money. If other sports are successful, that's a bonus.

YTBulldogs
02-19-2016, 07:42 PM
Hope sup/school board hiring and not a civilian type committee. Let sup and elected SB be on the hook. I see Daingerfield is about to have riots over their hire committee (not SB or Sup) new hire. Heard many protesters with numerous cops on hand, when they announced new hire at noon today, Waldie from Woodville.

MUSTANG69
02-22-2016, 01:20 PM
Hope sup/school board hiring and not a civilian type committee. Let sup and elected SB be on the hook. I see Daingerfield is about to have riots over their hire committee (not SB or Sup) new hire. Heard many protesters with numerous cops on hand, when they announced new hire at noon today, Waldie from Woodville.

It is my understanding that the hiring committee is made up of the superintendant and several school board members.

pancho villa
02-23-2016, 08:42 AM
It is my understanding that the hiring committee is made up of the superintendant and several school board members.

And 3 of my girlfriends

ol country boy
02-23-2016, 10:08 AM
And 3 of my girlfriends

If you left the girls on the Brazos River will be disappointed. Also the 5lb bass boys

pancho villa
02-24-2016, 08:51 AM
If you left the girls on the Brazos River will be disappointed. Also the 5lb bass boys

Somewhere in the world there are always disappointed (trashy) women

MustangFootball
02-29-2016, 07:54 AM
I know they are suppose to make a decision in March, but is there a set date? I'm getting antsy, or should I say the natives are getting restless.

pancho villa
02-29-2016, 09:03 AM
I know they are suppose to make a decision in March, but is there a set date? I'm getting antsy, or should I say the natives are getting restless.

Heck yeah they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Breacher9
03-01-2016, 10:38 AM
Told this may be getting a bit ugly....my source said the supt. had the guy he wanted in mind, had the committee made up of himself, female JH principal, the 2 female HS principals and the food service director..the board got wind of this and told the supt he better bring 3 names to them or they aren't approving the one he brings....

If thats true that sounds like a fun board meeting to be at

Matt Stepp
Senior Analyst
mrstepp817@yahoo.com
@Matt_Stepp817

Saw this on the Old Coach.. woooooooowww!!! thats insane if its the case .. food service director?? lol

Also says the #1 candidate is an OC out of Central texas.

MUSTANG69
03-01-2016, 12:25 PM
Told this may be getting a bit ugly....my source said the supt. had the guy he wanted in mind, had the committee made up of himself, female JH principal, the 2 female HS principals and the food service director..the board got wind of this and told the supt he better bring 3 names to them or they aren't approving the one he brings....

If thats true that sounds like a fun board meeting to be at

Matt Stepp
Senior Analyst
mrstepp817@yahoo.com
@Matt_Stepp817

Saw this on the Old Coach.. woooooooowww!!! thats insane if its the case .. food service director?? lol

Also says the #1 candidate is an OC out of Central texas.

Not sure any of this is true. The supt. told a friend of mine that out of the 6 candidates that were interviewed there are 5 that he could be happy with.

YTBulldogs
03-01-2016, 01:58 PM
Stepp pretty good in getting truth.

Breacher9
03-01-2016, 02:28 PM
Stepp does not usually post anything that he does not think to be true. Or from good sources. BUT you could be right Mustang69...

MUSTANG69
03-01-2016, 04:13 PM
Stepp does not usually post anything that he does not think to be true. Or from good sources. BUT you could be right Mustang69...

I'm not disputing what he said. I just wanted to pass on what the Supt. told my friend. Hell. he may have been lying to my friend for all I know. There seems to be some pretty good candidates so I don't think the school board will be disappointed.

Scoop27
03-01-2016, 04:19 PM
I believe the committee should be made up of a variety of qualified employees within the district. Yet each district does it differently. I'm sure their choice will be a good one

MUSTANG69
03-01-2016, 04:35 PM
I believe the committee should be made up of a variety of qualified employees within the district. Yet each district does it differently. I'm sure their choice will be a good one

You are right. When all is said and done everyone will be satisfied. There are rumors flying like crazy and people are getting anxious. It will all be settled soon.

MUSTANG69
03-02-2016, 07:51 AM
New head coach is Hunter Hamrick from Rockdale.

MustangFootball
03-02-2016, 07:57 AM
New head coach is Hunter Hamrick from Rockdale.

what offense does he run? and I hope he's bringing his own coaching staff cause we really need a new OC/DC.

MUSTANG69
03-02-2016, 09:14 AM
what offense does he run? and I hope he's bringing his own coaching staff cause we really need a new OC/DC.

I believe he was the OC at Rockdale. Maybe some posters familiar with the Rockdale program can provide more info about him.

MustangFootball
03-02-2016, 10:13 AM
I believe he was the OC at Rockdale. Maybe some posters familiar with the Rockdale program can provide more info about him.
yeah I read an article about him, it says he comes from a coaching tree his grandfather and father were coaches.

MustangFootball
03-02-2016, 10:30 AM
just read he runs the spread and likes to throw the ball a lot.....I hope so, that's when Ingleside is at their best when they can spread you out and get the ball to their weapons. the only problem is there aren't that many weapons, we really need a defense our DC needs to go.

MustangFootball
03-02-2016, 10:39 AM
http://www.caller.com/sports/high-school/football/hamrick-named-finalist-for-ingleside-hcad-position-2d01e936-cdee-2d28-e053-0100007fc93b-370724151.html
Article I read this morning.

YTBulldogs
03-02-2016, 11:18 AM
yeah I read an article about him, it says he comes from a coaching tree his grandfather and father were coaches.

Congrats IS.

MustangFootball
03-04-2016, 02:00 PM
Congrats IS.
thanks YTB, I have a really good feeling about this guy (Hunter Hamrick).....seems like he's gonna run what we are use to around here, a balanced spread attack with the exception of the last 2 run heavy horrible years. I'm a big Hesseltine guy and hated to see him go. I know where ever he lands he's going be successful and the next team to hire him is going to get a damn good coach. it's like the coaching gods were hearing my prayers, I wanted a young fiery coach from up north not a local guy, a coach who ran a spread balanced attack. not sure how good we can be right away we have been losing lots of talent the last few years after having a good run of talent for a good number of years I don't really see anyone that stands out. we desperately need a QB I hope someone steps up because we are definitely hurting in that position. Ingleside always seems to have a good QB but after these last 2 horrific years running the ball the coaching staff never developed one.

MUSTANG69
03-04-2016, 02:54 PM
thanks YTB, I have a really good feeling about this guy (Hunter Hamrick).....seems like he's gonna run what we are use to around here, a balanced spread attack with the exception of the last 2 run heavy horrible years. I'm a big Hesseltine guy and hated to see him go. I know where ever he lands he's going be successful and the next team to hire him is going to get a damn good coach. it's like the coaching gods were hearing my prayers, I wanted a young fiery coach from up north not a local guy, a coach who ran a spread balanced attack. not sure how good we can be right away we have been losing lots of talent the last few years after having a good run of talent for a good number of years I don't really see anyone that stands out. we desperately need a QB I hope someone steps up because we are definitely hurting in that position. Ingleside always seems to have a good QB but after these last 2 horrific years running the ball the coaching staff never developed one.

I think you have it right. The folks I have talked to are very excited about this new coach. Maybe he can find the diamond in the rough for a QB.

cboycansurvive
03-29-2016, 11:01 AM
I'm sure hiring the right person is more important than getting it done quickly. A decision will be made by the end of February. One of the complaints that I have heard from parents is that football received all the emphasis and other sports were left to suffer. My understanding is that the school district is being cautious and will hire an individual who will concentrate on all sports.

Ross, you know that isn't the truth. Let's see if Ingleside only emphasized football under Hesseltine. In 12 years, 6 boys track titles and 3 runner-ups, 16 combined cross country titles between girls and boys, 3 state titles in powerlifting, 5 state qualifiers in golf, 8 girls basketball playoff teams, 9 total playoff teams in softball including the one he coached himself last year that went 23-9 and 3 rounds deep. 5 volleyball playoff teams, 5 playoff baseball teams(one that Hesseltine assisted two years ago just because Baseball coach asked). 4 girls track titles and 6 more runner-ups not to mention a girls state champion and boys state champion as well as numerous state qualifiers. I guess boys basketball struggled with only 3 playoff teams but if your saying that the AD is responsible for program success, how can you deny his. And yes, we know you were on the hiring committee. Picked a guy the sup can have under his finger with no experience so that he doesn't express his opinion. Yes, football struggled this past season but still managed to make the playoffs for the 12th straight year( never done before) and played Yoakum tight and could have won that game as well as many others with very little talent and numerous injuries. I dont think things will go the way you and Troy planned. It will return to the dark ages of Inglesides past.

MUSTANG69
03-29-2016, 12:11 PM
Ross, you know that isn't the truth. Let's see if Ingleside only emphasized football under Hesseltine. In 12 years, 6 boys track titles and 3 runner-ups, 16 combined cross country titles between girls and boys, 3 state titles in powerlifting, 5 state qualifiers in golf, 8 girls basketball playoff teams, 9 total playoff teams in softball including the one he coached himself last year that went 23-9 and 3 rounds deep. 5 volleyball playoff teams, 5 playoff baseball teams(one that Hesseltine assisted two years ago just because Baseball coach asked). 4 girls track titles and 6 more runner-ups not to mention a girls state champion and boys state champion as well as numerous state qualifiers. I guess boys basketball struggled with only 3 playoff teams but if your saying that the AD is responsible for program success, how can you deny his. And yes, we know you were on the hiring committee. Picked a guy the sup can have under his finger with no experience so that he doesn't express his opinion. Yes, football struggled this past season but still managed to make the playoffs for the 12th straight year( never done before) and played Yoakum tight and could have won that game as well as many others with very little talent and numerous injuries. I dont think things will go the way you and Troy planned. It will return to the dark ages of Inglesides past.

First of all my name is not Ross. It is Frank Clapsaddle (Class of 1969 if you care to verify the name.). I am not who you think I am. Second, my post does not say that is my opinion. It says that it is a complaint that I was hearing from the parents. Get your sh_t together.

YTBulldogs
03-29-2016, 03:04 PM
First of all my name is not Ross. It is Frank Clapsaddle (Class of 1969 if you care to verify the name.). I am not who you think I am. Second, my post does not say that is my opinion. It says that it is a complaint that I was hearing from the parents. Get your sh_t together.
:spitlol:
Nice Frank.

MUSTANG69
03-29-2016, 04:19 PM
:spitlol:
Nice Frank.

It was the most ridiculous post I've read in a long time. I bet "cboycansurvive" doesn't want to identify himself. He thought he was being cute by identifying me and I wasn't even the person he thought I was.

YTBulldogs
03-29-2016, 04:33 PM
It was the most ridiculous post I've read in a long time. I bet "cboycansurvive" doesn't want to identify himself. He thought he was being cute by identifying me and I wasn't even the person he thought I was.

Classic reply to him. Sounds like an ex-coaches assistant, agent or the ex-HFC.

MUSTANG69
03-29-2016, 04:49 PM
Classic reply to him. Sounds like an ex-coaches assistant, agent or the ex-HFC.

He could be but I don't think he is going to tell us.;)

MustangFootball
03-30-2016, 01:02 PM

lmao :D....thanks for clearing that up, all this time I thought you were Ross too. wtg Frank :thumbsup:

slingshot
03-30-2016, 02:34 PM
First of all my name is not Ross. It is Frank Clapsaddle (Class of 1969 if you care to verify the name.). I am not who you think I am. Second, my post does not say that is my opinion. It says that it is a complaint that I was hearing from the parents. Get your sh_t together.Funny chit right there! cboy got owned!

MUSTANG69
03-30-2016, 04:42 PM
Funny chit right there! cboy got owned!

I guess I should be flattered that he thought I was someone in the decision making process and was so influential. I'm just an old fart running my mouth and having fun doing it. Sometimes I get it right and sometimes I don't.

MUSTANG69
03-30-2016, 07:32 PM
Who is this Ross fella?

pancho villa
03-31-2016, 08:00 AM
Hey y'all, haven't been to Ingleside in a while and was just wondering how all my trashy women folks are doing?
I met Ross at a beer joint down there about a year or so ago. He introduced me to his sister.(Man she was fun)

Snotbubbles
03-31-2016, 10:27 AM
Sad that former HC comes on here and thinks he isn't known about posting his resume what he did. See if he creates his forth online name, and fires back. LOL.

44INAROW
03-31-2016, 11:23 AM
Who is this Ross fella?

That's what I was gonna ask :ditto:

MUSTANG69
03-31-2016, 12:02 PM
That's what I was gonna ask :ditto:

I'm guessing he was a member of the selection committee.

Johnny Utah
04-04-2016, 08:50 PM
Where is TrueBlueStang??