PDA

View Full Version : 2016 MLB Hall of Fame

Roughneck93
01-06-2016, 06:26 PM
Ken Griffey, Jr. (record 99.3 percent of the vote)

and

Mike Piazza

Jeff Bagwell fell short....71.6 percent. :(

coach
01-08-2016, 12:23 PM
It's a joke that Edgar Martinez, Trevor Hoffman, and especially Curt Schilling were left off. I would have voted for Bonds and Clemens too.

coach
01-08-2016, 12:24 PM
Ken Griffey, Jr. (record 99.3 percent of the vote)

and

Mike Piazza

Jeff Bagwell fell short....71.6 percent. :(

Looks like Bags will eventually get in. Laughable that he and Biggio make it but the 5 I listed above probably will never get in.

Weebe
01-08-2016, 05:08 PM
Looks like Bags will eventually get in. Laughable that he and Biggio make it but the 5 I listed above probably will never get in.

Hoffman will make it in.

Bagwell and Biggio both have better offensive stats than Edgar Martinez and they actually were gold glove defensive players as well.

Schilling only won 216 games and had a 3.50 era which is fairly high by HOF standards.

coach
01-11-2016, 01:36 PM
Hoffman will make it in.

Bagwell and Biggio both have better offensive stats than Edgar Martinez and they actually were gold glove defensive players as well.

Schilling only won 216 games and had a 3.50 era which is fairly high by HOF standards.

Edgar Martinez is the greatest DH of all time. And Schilling is one of the greatest postseason performers of all time. In a world where we only compare the greats by how many championships they won, I would think Schilling deserves to be in over most.

Weebe
01-11-2016, 02:28 PM
Edgar Martinez is the greatest DH of all time. And Schilling is one of the greatest postseason performers of all time. In a world where we only compare the greats by how many championships they won, I would think Schilling deserves to be in over most.

Edgar's numbers still don't stack up.

Being the greatest DH of all time is like being the best sixth man of all time in the NBA.

coach
01-12-2016, 01:43 PM
His lifetime batting average was 312... that adds up to me..