PDA

View Full Version : Tcu

lostaussie
01-02-2016, 11:04 PM
Was fun to watch tonight

scrub c
01-02-2016, 11:22 PM
Mack Brown said before halftime not to change the channel... Awesome 2nd half for TCU

Tejastrue
01-03-2016, 12:01 AM
best game of the season...

Rabid Cougar
01-03-2016, 05:20 PM
best game of the season...

That and the Utah and BYU game. Utah was up 35 - 0 in teh 1st qtr. Utah won the game 35-28 with BYU throwing into the endzone to tie when the game was over.

Macarthur
01-04-2016, 10:04 AM
Was at the game. incredible swing. That place was loud at the end of that game!

Aesculus gilmus
01-04-2016, 10:08 AM
Too bad that venue is not good enough to host UIL State games or so I've been told. I wonder why TCU and Oregon stooped to play there. Must've been tough.

Macarthur
01-04-2016, 10:57 AM
You know, the field seemed fine. The seats were good and most sightlines are fine.

There were huge issues w/ concessions. They were completely overwhelmed and I'm not sure why. They knew it was going to be a full house. It was cold and raining and they got everyone inside pretty quickly. I really don't think the venue is that bad if the concession issue can be solved.

NastySlot
01-04-2016, 01:34 PM
Parking for three days could be the problem- esp with Thursday and Friday games.

Sweetwater Red
01-04-2016, 02:25 PM
Parking for three days could be the problem- esp with Thursday and Friday games.

Exactly, flying into a city and using public transportation or shuttle to get to a college bowl game is one thing. Tens of
thousands of Texans driving in from across the state and parking at the Alamodome is another. Hell, I had to park in the
barrio to watch Cibolo Steele vs. Schertz Clemens in week 14.

What San Antonio is in desperate need of is a rail system. I don't know if that is even feasable. But, it seems like a logical
solution to me.

44INAROW
01-04-2016, 02:29 PM

parking for a 3rd of 3 High School playoff games sucks.... other than that - I have no problem with the Alamodome... we ended up eating at the Quarry, grabbing an Uber to Alamodome and took a cab back to Quarry after the game.. Now THAT was the way to go :)

Sweetwater Red
01-04-2016, 03:21 PM
parking for a 3rd of 3 High School playoff games sucks.... other than that - I have no problem with the Alamodome... we ended up eating at the Quarry, grabbing an Uber to Alamodome and took a cab back to Quarry after the game.. Now THAT was the way to go :)

Yeah, the growth of Uber has changed things. I'm yet to try it. But, I've heard good things.

44INAROW
01-04-2016, 05:37 PM
Yeah, the growth of Uber has changed things. I'm yet to try it. But, I've heard good things.

that was our 1st experience.. there were 5 of us - we were packed into that guy's Tundra like sardines - but it got us where we were going.... parking was a cluster you know what.... they even had the exits blocked off..... there were 2 big events that weekend in SA -

chaingang
01-06-2016, 09:37 AM

Isnt there a golf course at the Quarry also? Or am I thinking of something else. My father was telling me about a cool golf course that is built in an abandoned quarry. Maybe he said it was in Austin though......

44INAROW
01-06-2016, 11:29 AM
Isnt there a golf course at the Quarry also? Or am I thinking of something else. My father was telling me about a cool golf course that is built in an abandoned quarry. Maybe he said it was in Austin though......

Yes, - very nice (last time we were there a couple years ago) located south of Loop 410 and off of Hwy 281... about 5 minutes north of downtown area...
http://www.quarrygolf.com/