PDA

View Full Version : Celina loss

speedbump
12-20-2015, 06:51 PM
Why was that thread deleted? I must have missed something.

WOS87
12-20-2015, 06:55 PM
Have at it all you want guys. I'm handing this over to the mods.

44INAROW
12-20-2015, 07:07 PM
I'm clueless...been with 5 15 year old girls for granddaughter's birthday all day....guess I Never saw that post/thread...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

XX Man
12-20-2015, 07:30 PM
Why was that thread deleted? I must have missed something.

Some people just cannot handle the truth.

Dawgs
12-21-2015, 02:24 PM
Some people just cannot handle the truth.
I thinks it's you that can't handle the truth, or your just delusional. I know how it is, wining a state championship does that to people. Years Carthage won it all I would've swore they could've beaten Allen! If the roles would've been reversed and WOS lost their starting QB, and Celina had theirs what would happened? From what I saw WOS would have been in trouble just like Celina was. Jack Dallas was awesome. If your going to try to convince anybody yall have a back up that could've come in and been half as productive as Dallas your not going to get many people that will believe that. I dang sure won't. I'm not saying Celina wins with their starting QB for 4 quarters, but I'm smart enough to know it would be a TOTALLY different game. Teams with the enrollment of Celina and WOS just don't have the kind of depth to have a stud back up QB. People that say it's the coaches fault for not having a back up QB ready are not being fair. I saw 1st hand what happened this year when the Carthage QB went down. We started running wildcat with an athlete on 1st and 2nd down, and then bringing in the backup QB for 3rd down. It was ugly. But that's what we had to do cause that's what we had. If Surratt can't get a viable QB option ready I doubt any coach at this level can. When you have had the same QB play for 15 games, and then all of the sudden he is not there in the 16th and toughest test you won't win many games.

To me this doesn't diminish what WOS accomplished this season at all. They are the champs, and earned everything they got. It would be better just to drop it, and let a dead dog lie.

speedbump
12-21-2015, 02:55 PM
I thinks it's you that can't handle the truth, or your just delusional. I know how it is, wining a state championship does that to people. Years Carthage won it all I would've swore they could've beaten Allen! If the roles would've been reversed and WOS lost their starting QB, and Celina had theirs what would happened? From what I saw WOS would have been in trouble just like Celina was. Jack Dallas was awesome. If your going to try to convince anybody yall have a back up that could've come in and been half as productive as Dallas your not going to get many people that will believe that. I dang sure won't. I'm not saying Celina wins with their starting QB for 4 quarters, but I'm smart enough to know it would be a TOTALLY different game. Teams with the enrollment of Celina and WOS just don't have the kind of depth to have a stud back up QB. People that say it's the coaches fault for not having a back up QB ready are not being fair. I saw 1st hand what happened this year when the Carthage QB went down. We started running wildcat with an athlete on 1st and 2nd down, and then bringing in the backup QB for 3rd down. It was ugly. But that's what we had to do cause that's what we had. If Surratt can't get a viable QB option ready I doubt any coach at this level can. When you have had the same QB play for 15 games, and then all of the sudden he is not there in the 16th and toughest test you won't win many games.

To me this doesn't diminish what WOS accomplished this season at all. They are the champs, and earned everything they got. It would be better just to drop it, and let a dead dog lie.

So if somebody from Silsbee has a different opinion than mine,I can just cry a little and his thread is deleted? Cool

orange machine
12-21-2015, 03:01 PM
So if somebody from Silsbee has a different opinion than mine,I can just cry a little and his thread is deleted? Cool

Lol funny

lostaussie
12-21-2015, 03:15 PM
I was there.......but I didn't get it deleted. After my :doh: post I never opened it again. Dangit:D

Bosqueville
12-21-2015, 03:18 PM
speedbump, you need to relax. I've seen two threads now where you seem to come across as if someone insulted your mother...

Bullaholic
12-21-2015, 03:59 PM
I was there.......but I didn't get it deleted. After my :doh: post I never opened it again. Dangit:D aussie....Is it safe to come out yet??? :D

lostaussie
12-21-2015, 04:17 PM
aussie....Is it safe to come out yet??? :D

I miss everything...... Dang deer hunting!!!!

WOS87
12-21-2015, 04:35 PM

If that person from Silsbee had been warned to stop and continued to stir a circular conversation back up again most definitely but that seems futile. Like I said... Have at it, I'm pretty sure everyone knows how everyone feels by now so carry on talking to yourselves.

speedbump
12-21-2015, 05:36 PM
If that person from Silsbee had been warned to stop and continued to stir a circular conversation back up again most definitely but that seems futile. Like I said... Have at it, I'm pretty sure everyone knows how everyone feels by now so carry on talking to yourselves.

Now see how easy that was. I didn't know he had been warned. I was right, I missed something.

PurplePop
12-21-2015, 06:04 PM
To the Celina folk(s) who won't let it go, there are a bunch of teams in Region 3 and 4 who would have loved to had a shot at you full strength, including WOS, of course. In my crystal ball, WOS beats you even with your starting QB. You also might not have beaten Cuero, Sinton, Giddings, Navarro and a few other teams in regions 3 and 4 had they gone to the final game. We'll never know because WOS came out on top over here and deserved it. Take pride in making it to the finals. Your quite blessed in that regard. And, BTW, your not the only top tier team that lost your starting QB along the way. I can think of at least three others. You're just the only one whining about it endlessly.

speedbump
12-21-2015, 06:27 PM
Careful of what you say folks
You may get my thread deleted

In the case of PurplePop ...
You may get your head deleted

chaingang
12-21-2015, 06:49 PM

Actually, this year we had the depth. And will next year too. As great as JD is, our team wasnt built around a single player. He will be the first person to tell you that. Trust me, the backup was more than capable of beating Celina even WITH Pingleton. The issue wasnt the Celina offense. The issue was the Celina defense.

PurplePop
12-21-2015, 07:08 PM
Actually, this year we had the depth. And will next year too. As great as JD is, our team wasnt built around a single player. He will be the first person to tell you that. Trust me, the backup was more than capable of beating Celina even WITH Pingleton. The issue wasnt the Celina offense. The issue was the Celina defense.

Jack Dallas commented after the game, "The whole team won this game. Every player on the team had a job and to win this game every player had to execute it."

I really like that kid.

Dawgs
12-21-2015, 07:17 PM
Ok whatever you say. I don't know anything about WOS this year. But no matter what you say I don't believe WOS had anybody on their team that could have stepped in and they wouldn't miss a beat. If y'all did, it would be the 1st team I ever saw at this level that did. I can only speak on Carthage. If we ever have our starting QB go out at anytime in the playoffs during any of our runs we were screwed. Our offense is based around our starting QB. Just like most teams in the state.

bobcat1
12-21-2015, 07:24 PM
:doh: still?:rolleyes:

chaingang
12-21-2015, 07:28 PM
Ok whatever you say. I don't know anything about WOS this year. But no matter what you say I don't believe WOS had anybody on their team that could have stepped in and they wouldn't miss a beat. If y'all did, it would be the 1st team I ever saw at this level that did. I can only speak on Carthage. If we ever have our starting QB go out at anytime in the playoffs during any of our runs we were screwed. Our offense is based around our starting QB. Just like most teams in the state.

Exactly. Anyways, Im done with the topic. Merry Christmas to everyone and a Happy New Year too!! Until next year........

RPF2666
12-21-2015, 08:21 PM
Good idea to just stop! You sound like a fool.🐴That is not a mustang! 😉

WOS1
12-21-2015, 09:34 PM

I'm fairly certain that's why the other thread was deleted.

WOS1
12-21-2015, 09:38 PM
Jack Dallas commented after the game, "The whole team won this game. Every player on the team had a job and to win this game every player had to execute it."

I really like that kid.

He's a great player and even better kid.

chaingang
12-21-2015, 10:25 PM
Good idea to just stop! You sound like a fool.��That is not a mustang! ��

?? Im a fool now? And trust me, im a Mustang.

1stnurseryman
12-21-2015, 10:55 PM
I can post a pic...guaranteed to get post killed

1stnurseryman
12-21-2015, 10:58 PM
I couldn't resist... It's been fun .... all y'all have a Great Christmas and New Year!!!

WOS92
12-22-2015, 06:57 AM
Three thoughts:
#1 - Can I copyright the term "Ce-whine-a?"

#2 - It's hard to validate that small enrollment limits the talent pool when you dress more than 100 players.

#3 - Having looked at his Hudl page, #7 wasn't seeing his first action by any means. Lots of time, several big plays and games with multiple scores.

chaingang
12-22-2015, 09:45 AM
I can post a pic...guaranteed to get post killed

Would it happen tom be a pic of the WOS crowd? lol. Im still looking for one. With all them people yall had there, there has to be some.

waterboy
12-22-2015, 09:59 AM
Dang! What did I miss?? I took a 4-day weekend and stayed away from computers, and miss everything?

Seriously, though, I knew a lot would be said about this game. All the wouldas, couldas, shouldas come into play when something drastic happens that changes the complexion of a game, especially a game as big as the state championship.

I certainly hated to see Pingleton get hurt. I'm praying he heals quickly. I'm just glad it wasn't his senior year so he'll get a chance at redemption. The young man is a player, and a leader. We'll never know what would've happened had he not gotten hurt. That is a FACT.

Congratulations to the Mustangs of West Orange-Stark, though. They did exactly what they came out to do, and that is win the 4A Division 2 State Championship. That is also a FACT.

What a weekend. Catastrophic injuries to key players in at least two games that I saw. Just plain sad. Those injuries made me cringe a little. Geez...

bobcat1
12-22-2015, 11:01 AM
Has WOS ever won a championship before since you have been a fan? Seems like uncharted waters for the fans on here according to their behavior.

Much respect to the players and coaches that actually play for WOS. It takes hard work, dedication, talent and heart to win it all. You also have to have a little luck. Celina certainly has had some luck in their 8 championships. Celina had some good luck against Gilmer to get to the big dance so I guess it was WOS turn for good fortune to shine on them.

At the High School level it is very difficult to have 2 stud QB's like Pingleton. Heck even the Dallas Cowboys don't have 2 Romos at the Pro level. So think what you may and thump those chests. I love every minute of it. Hope to see this replayed 12-16-16. Who knows. Until then Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

WOS1
12-22-2015, 11:31 AM
Has WOS ever won a championship before since you have been a fan? Seems like uncharted waters for the fans on here according to their behavior.

Much respect to the players and coaches that actually play for WOS. It takes hard work, dedication, talent and heart to win it all. You also have to have a little luck. Celina certainly has had some luck in their 8 championships. Celina had some good luck against Gilmer to get to the big dance so I guess it was WOS turn for good fortune to shine on them.

At the High School level it is very difficult to have 2 stud QB's like Pingleton. Heck even the Dallas Cowboys don't have 2 Romos at the Pro level. So think what you may and thump those chests. I love every minute of it. Hope to see this replayed 12-16-16. Who knows. Until then Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

This is why I cringe at these posts that keep popping up... It's a never ending loop. WOS folks feel like you celina fans are trying to minimize our championship because your QB got hurt and Celina fans think WOS fans are "thumping their chests"... It will never end.

44INAROW
12-22-2015, 11:42 AM
the below is NOT a reference to a team mascot - it is simply a HORSE :)

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/540/662/748.gif (http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/540662-beating-a-dead-horse)
See more on Know Your Meme (http://knowyourmeme.com)

GUNHO
12-22-2015, 11:52 AM

I understand what you are saying but did you know Jack Dallas came in from the JV to replace the replacment for our stud QB that transfered.So we have lost 2 very good QB before we ever got to Jack.looking back now it was a blessing in disguise.lol

Bullaholic
12-22-2015, 12:02 PM
There are many teams in Texas who would like just a taste of what WOS and Celina have achieved. "Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt ........ Pax.....and Merry Christmas to All....

WOS1
12-22-2015, 12:11 PM
I've kept my mouth shut in hopes that this would die down, but since apparently there are a couple of WOS and Celina fans hell bent on keeping it going I guess I may as well throw in my .02.

I agree with many of the folks that say the game would be different had Pingleton not been hurt. You can't take a 3400 yd passer out of the equation and it not affect the game. Yeah, #7 had some experience in blow out situations but those were not pressure situations... Definitely not SC game type situations. You cannot prepare for that. It did change a lot of things about the game and I agree with everyone who has stated such. That being said, I DO NOT believe it changed the outcome. WOS still wins this game because they were able to control the LOS on both sides of the ball. It may have been 35-21... but WOS still wins.

OK so next someone is going to say that when the QB went down that WOS crowded the LOS... First and foremost you need to know something about WOS... We ALWAYS crowd the LOS. Our philosophy is and always has been to take away the run and limit the pass. We would have crowded the LOS even if Pingleton were in the game. Would it have opened up more opportunities for Celina to make some plays in the passing game? Yes, but that's a calculated risk we take and always have. When you have the type of speed we have, you CAN crowd the line because our DB's have the speed to cover WR's man up when they release. We will always crowd the LOS as long as we have the speed we typically have. It was no accident we had 6 or 7 shut outs this yr. And one last thing about the "crowding the LOS" deal. When an offense lines up in a 2 tight end, 3 back formation and you dont get in tight then that's just bad defense... And you wont see bad defense from us. That's a straight up power, "we're about to run it down your throat" formation. The problem was they couldn't beat us up front and have success with it. If they were better up front they would have been able to out muscle us no matter how we were lined up. That's the ultimate truth.

Where Celina lost the game was the fact that our NG and two 5 techniques consistently got penetration and disrupted running plays and put pressure on the QB on passing situations. And on offense we were able to establish the run averaging well over 6 yards a carry for the game. For Celina to win they were going to have to establish the run and control the LOS on one or both the defensive and/or offensive front. They did neither. And if you Celina fans are honest, you all thought you were going to dominate in the trenches with those big lineman despite the fact WOS fans and our past opponents told you it wouldn't be as easy as you thought.

I really hate that Pingleton went down. I knew as soon as it happened that the game would be second guessed for a while and I agree it changed the complexity of the game. Celina wasn't able to make plays in the passing game and WOS didn't use theirs in the second half. I just wish it hadn't gone down the way it did, but the bottom line is football is still won in the trenches and that's why WOS won this game.

As Bobcat1 said, Pingleton is just a Jr. I don't know what the Bobcats have returning with him, but my hope is that he can get them back there so we can settle it in 2016. (if not we'll take another shot at Gilmer) :)

WOS1
12-22-2015, 12:16 PM
the below is NOT a reference to a team mascot - it is simply a HORSE :)

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/540/662/748.gif (http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/540662-beating-a-dead-horse)
See more on Know Your Meme (http://knowyourmeme.com)

I know that last post didn't help, but dang I kept my mouth shut for 5 days...

1stnurseryman
12-22-2015, 12:28 PM
This thread reminds me of one of my favorite movies
Ground Hog Day

orange machine
12-22-2015, 12:29 PM
I've kept my mouth shut in hopes that this would die down, but since apparently there are a couple of WOS and Celina fans hell bent on keeping it going I guess I may as well throw in my .02.

I agree with many of the folks that say the game would be different had Pingleton not been hurt. You can't take a 3400 yd passer out of the equation and it not affect the game. Yeah, #7 had some experience in blow out situations but those were not pressure situations... Definitely not SC game type situations. You cannot prepare for that. It did change a lot of things about the game and I agree with everyone who has stated such. That being said, I DO NOT believe it changed the outcome. WOS still wins this game because they were able to control the LOS on both sides of the ball. It may have been 35-21... but WOS still wins.

OK so next someone is going to say that when the QB went down that WOS crowded the LOS... First and foremost you need to know something about WOS... We ALWAYS crowd the LOS. Our philosophy is and always has been to take away the run and limit the pass. We would have crowded the LOS even if Pingleton were in the game. Would it have opened up more opportunities for Celina to make some plays in the passing game? Yes, but that's a calculated risk we take and always have. When you have the type of speed we have, you CAN crowd the line because our DB's have the speed to cover WR's man up when they release. We will always crowd the LOS as long as we have the speed we typically have. It was no accident we had 6 or 7 shut outs this yr. And one last thing about the "crowding the LOS" deal. When an offense lines up in a 2 tight end, 3 back formation and you dont get in tight then that's just bad defense... And you wont see bad defense from us. That's a straight up power, "we're about to run it down your throat" formation. The problem was they couldn't beat us up front and have success with it. If they were better up front they would have been able to out muscle us no matter how we were lined up. That's the ultimate truth.

Where Celina lost the game was the fact that our NG and two 5 techniques consistently got penetration and disrupted running plays and put pressure on the QB on passing situations. And on offense we were able to establish the run averaging well over 6 yards a carry for the game. For Celina to win they were going to have to establish the run and control the LOS on one or both the defensive and/or offensive front. They did neither. And if you Celina fans are honest, you all thought you were going to dominate in the trenches with those big lineman despite the fact WOS fans and our past opponents told you it wouldn't be as easy as you thought.

I really hate that Pingleton went down. I knew as soon as it happened that the game would be second guessed for a while and I agree it changed the complexity of the game. Celina wasn't able to make plays in the passing game and WOS didn't use theirs in the second half. I just wish it hadn't gone down the way it did, but the bottom line is football is still won in the trenches and that's why WOS won this game.

As Bobcat1 said, Pingleton is just a Jr. I don't know what the Bobcats have returning with him, but my hope is that he can get them back there so we can settle it in 2016. (if not we'll take another shot at Gilmer) :)

Although I don't agree with everything you said, I can live with this post and except it as such. Pingleton has been such a pleasure to watch and any true honest Celina fan at the beginning of the year never thought this kid would turn out to be what he was and accomplish the things he did the kid was a flat out stud. He was the heart beat of the team plan and simple. I will always believe if he was able to play the game and not got hurt things could have been different, but that's the good thing about being human and having a brain I can think and believe those things. Im not trying to diminish what wos did because yall won plain and simple, but of course, I think it was a much easier win for yall with out Pingleton. Anyways enjoy your title, I know yall are. Merry Christmas and remember to keep Christ in Christmas!!!!

bobcat1
12-22-2015, 12:38 PM

Good analysis. :thumbsup: As I said before it takes 6 things IMHO to win it all. Good coaching, hard work, dedication, talent, heart, and good luck. Luck equates to bounces and injuries to me.

Again for the 4th time. WOS State Championship is not tainted at all. None of us know any outcome other than what we have. Enjoy it. As many teams can attest it's hard to get there and even harder to win it.

XX Man
12-22-2015, 10:42 PM
Although I don't agree with everything you said, I can live with this post and except it as such. Pingleton has been such a pleasure to watch and any true honest Celina fan at the beginning of the year never thought this kid would turn out to be what he was and accomplish the things he did the kid was a flat out stud. He was the heart beat of the team plan and simple. I will always believe if he was able to play the game and not got hurt things could have been different, but that's the good thing about being human and having a brain I can think and believe those things. Im not trying to diminish what wos did because yall won plain and simple, but of course, I think it was a much easier win for yall with out Pingleton. Anyways enjoy your title, I know yall are. Merry Christmas and remember to keep Christ in Christmas!!!!

No doubt it was easier.

AggiesAreWe
12-23-2015, 09:04 AM

How did Silsbee get dragged into this conversation?

Bullaholic
12-23-2015, 10:00 AM
How did Silsbee get dragged into this conversation? They're going alphabetically and just now got to "S"......:D (Can I get a grin and not a groan for light-heartedness sake?)

BwdLion73
12-23-2015, 10:20 AM
They're going alphabetically and just now got to "S"......:D (Can I get a grin and not a groan for light-heartedness sake?)

:thinking::)

PurplePop
12-23-2015, 10:20 AM
No doubt it was easier.

You're too gracious at this point in the conversation. Pingleton had a great year against mostly patsies. And, then his worst game against Gilmer. I'm tired of all these assumptions and back handed compliments to WOS. I'm sure Pingleton is a great kid and great QB. But, he threw 3 of his 9 int.'s on the year against Gilmer. And, Jack Dallas is head and toes better than Gilmer's QB, who shredded Celina's defense for 384 yards. Gilmer's offense out scored Celina's offense. If WOS needed to go aerial and if Celina was able to go aerial, it could have been worse than 19 pts. Merry Christmas, everyone!

chaingang
12-23-2015, 11:34 AM
Hey Celina people, not sure if yall have been keeping up with some of the stuff in the media but we keep getting props for being the loudest most passionate crowd. Way to go!! Greg Tepper even said we were the most "turnt up" the WHOLE weekend. Thats what happens when 2 of the most storied programs go head to head. Im not sure if yall consider yourselves DFW or just North Texas but the Bobcats looked to bring way more people than any other "DFW' team. Kudos to yall!!:2thumbsup

bobcat1
12-23-2015, 12:56 PM
Hey Celina people, not sure if yall have been keeping up with some of the stuff in the media but we keep getting props for being the loudest most passionate crowd. Way to go!! Greg Tepper even said we were the most "turnt up" the WHOLE weekend. Thats what happens when 2 of the most storied programs go head to head. Im not sure if yall consider yourselves DFW or just North Texas but the Bobcats looked to bring way more people than any other "DFW' team. Kudos to yall!!:2thumbsup
That is awesome!

lostaussie
12-23-2015, 01:01 PM
You're too gracious at this point in the conversation. Pingleton had a great year against mostly patsies. And, then his worst game against Gilmer. I'm tired of all these assumptions and back handed compliments to WOS. I'm sure Pingleton is a great kid and great QB. But, he threw 3 of his 9 int.'s on the year against Gilmer. And, Jack Dallas is head and toes better than Gilmer's QB, who shredded Celina's defense for 384 yards. Gilmer's offense out scored Celina's offense. If WOS needed to go aerial and if Celina was able to go aerial, it could have been worse than 19 pts. Merry Christmas, everyone!

If I call you an idiot I might get in trouble.......but if I THINK your an idiot no one will know. So therefore oh wise man from Geronimo........ I THINK YOU ARE AN IDIOT. Have a Merry Christmas yourself!!!!

RPF2666
12-23-2015, 01:38 PM

Just think if we had something to yell about! :2thumbsup

RPF2666
12-23-2015, 01:39 PM
If I call you an idiot I might get in trouble.......but if I THINK your an idiot no one will know. So therefore oh wise man from Geronimo........ I THINK YOU ARE AN IDIOT. Have a Merry Christmas yourself!!!!

I THINK lostaussie is a brilliant mind! :taunt:

waterboy
12-23-2015, 01:43 PM
Dang! Whatever happened to winning with grace? Only a person with blinders on can't see the possibility that things 'could've" been much different in the SC game had not bad "luck" intervened. It is what it is, and doesn't matter now, and doesn't detract anything away from the winner. The Mustangs won the title fair and square, and did what they had to do to get it. It's always been said that "luck" plays a part in winning it all, and this year is a prime example of just that. It doesn't mean you wouldn't have won the title anyway, just that the odds were tilted in your favor. Just be thankful for that coveted title, respect other opinions, and hoist the trophy again. :D

Dawgs
12-23-2015, 02:03 PM
To me nothing WOS did this season is diminshed. They accomplished the ultimate goal. But with the exception of WOS1 and 87 these are the worst group of winners I have ever seen. All 3 HS football forums I look at have the most obnoxious posters and fans I have ever seen after winning a state title with the exception of a few who have shown humility. I have seen some bad winners, but this takes the cake. And this is coming from a guy who is a Carthage supporter. We are pretty arrogant, but nothing like I have seen from WOS posters this season. Anyways I am done. I know it's only a few giving a bad wrap to many. Again congrats, and Merry Christmas to all. Have a safe and happy holiday season.

lostaussie
12-23-2015, 02:30 PM
Dang! Whatever happened to winning with grace? Only a person with blinders on can't see the possibility that things 'could've" been much different in the SC game had not bad "luck" intervened. It is what it is, and doesn't matter now, and doesn't detract anything away from the winner. The Mustangs won the title fair and square, and did what they had to do to get it. It's always been said that "luck" plays a part in winning it all, and this year is a prime example of just that. It doesn't mean you wouldn't have won the title anyway, just that the odds were tilted in your favor. Just be thankful for that coveted title, respect other opinions, and hoist the trophy again. :D

I wasn't talking to the WOS guys, most of who I actually like. I was referring to the guy from Geronimo that stated basically Pingletons stats were inflated because of competition. If that's not pot calling kettle black I don't know what is. Like they had tough competition with those inflated offensive and defensive numbers. I wish oh wish oh wish the could get a chance to play Gilmers so inept QB. Give me a break:doh:

waterboy
12-23-2015, 02:56 PM
I wasn't talking to the WOS guys, most of who I actually like. I was referring to the guy from Geronimo that stated basically Pingletons stats were inflated because of competition. If that's not pot calling kettle black I don't know what is. Like they had tough competition with those inflated offensive and defensive numbers. I wish oh wish oh wish the could get a chance to play Gilmers so inept QB. Give me a break:doh:

I gathered that. I was making more of a generalized statement... :D ...about CLUELESS people, one of which you referred. I guess it's true that every town has one... :doh:

orange machine
12-23-2015, 03:05 PM
Im just tired of hearing how wos blew up Celina's oline, well its not hard to do when you don't have a passing game and you can load the box. I was talking to a friend yesterday who's son is a senior on the team and he told me that the layers felt that Gilmer was a better team than wos. I said that over on Smoaky whoo you talk about a fire storm. The players played the game they would know better than any of us, but what do the players know right?

Gobbler Fan
12-23-2015, 03:16 PM
Im just tired of hearing how wos blew up Celina's oline, well its not hard to do when you don't have a passing game and you can load the box. I was talking to a friend yesterday who's son is a senior on the team and he told me that the layers felt that Gilmer was a better team than wos. I said that over on Smoaky whoo you talk about a fire storm. The players played the game they would know better than any of us, but what do the players know right?

I don't see a player posting what you just wrote all I see is a guy making excuses why Celina got beat by a better team. With or without your QB it was going to be a loss just be glad that W-OS didn't keep the playbook open in the second half. Truthfully I think a 9-5 team gave them a better game but that's my opinion. I don't know much about Region 1 but by the looks of it they would of had a hard time against several teams from regions 3-4. You like to make woulda coulda talk well there you have it from my point of view.

RPF2666
12-23-2015, 03:56 PM
I don't see a player posting what you just wrote all I see is a guy making excuses why Celina got beat by a better team. With or without your QB it was going to be a loss just be glad that W-OS didn't keep the playbook open in the second half. Truthfully I think a 9-5 team gave them a better game but that's my opinion. I don't know much about Region 1 but by the looks of it they would of had a hard time against several teams from regions 3-4. You like to make woulda coulda talk well there you have it from my point of view.

It's easy to say when you will never play the game!

I for one have not diminished the WOS win. The Scoreboard is the ultimate arbiter. PERIOD

WOS= Undisputed 4a DII State Champs... the scoreboard says so!

That said you cannot,with an objective and clear mind, seriously believe the game would not have
played out differently, had Celina not lost its offensive leader in the infancy of the game.

pirate4state
12-23-2015, 03:58 PM
I've been on vacation since Friday and so I'm just now catching up on all this nonsense. It's a shame some of y'all can't just say "congrats" and move on!

OM I knew you would be the biggest mouth piece for Celina with the what ifs/woulda/coulda/shoulda, and I swore I would ignore you, but this one post I just have to reply to and then I'm done. What if I told you a Gilmer player told a WOS player that y'alls kids were just big & slow?? And that a WOS player told a Cuero player that Cuero was a much better team than Celina's? I mean, they did manage to score TDs! I know, I know...your QB went down. Guess what...so did ours, but you didn't see any of us crying about it on here did you? All this is is a case of sour grapes by anyone making claims that such & such team was better. Player, fan, whoever! The two teams that played earned their way in. Guess you better get some ear muffs or something because no matter how much you are tired of hearing it the WOS dline DID BLOW UP that vaunted Celina oline and if you can't see that or acknowledge that then there is no sense for anyone to take you seriously or continue to engage you. :wave:

orange machine
12-23-2015, 03:58 PM

And your assuming wos would have won regardless if Celina's qb was playing or not, so don't try to criticize me instead pull the log out of your eye before trying to pull the speck out of mine. As far as a player posting did you not read my post? I said a players dad!!!

RPF2666
12-23-2015, 04:05 PM
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Celina Bobcats... best 15-1 4A DII team in Texas, not to win a State Championship in 2015 and that my
friends is WHAT YOU CALL A FACT!

orange machine
12-23-2015, 04:06 PM
I've been on vacation since Friday and so I'm just now catching up on all this nonsense. It's a shame some of y'all can't just say "congrats" and move on!

OM I knew you would be the biggest mouth piece for Celina with the what ifs/woulda/coulda/shoulda, and I swore I would ignore you, but this one post I just have to reply to and then I'm done. What if I told you a Gilmer player told a WOS player that y'alls kids were just big & slow?? And that a WOS player told a Cuero player that Cuero was a much better team than Celina's? I mean, they did manage to score TDs! I know, I know...your QB went down. Guess what...so did ours, but you didn't see any of us crying about it on here did you? All this is is a case of sour grapes by anyone making claims that such & such team was better. Player, fan, whoever! The two teams that played earned their way in. Guess you better get some ear muffs or something because no matter how much you are tired of hearing it the WOS dline DID BLOW UP that vaunted Celina oline and if you can't see that or acknowledge that then there is no sense for anyone to take you seriously or continue to engage you. :wave:

That's fantastic then why are you replying??? If you don't like what I say then don't read it or comment it's pretty simple to do, but obviously you just couldn't help yourself the temptation was just to much for you... As far as people not taking me seriously I've had numerous people text, call or pm me that what I'm saying is all true. Of course I don't expect you or anybody else to care. Again many people feel the same way I do, I'm just not afraid to speak my mind or care about what people think of me unfortunately to many people feel they have an image they have to adhere too as not to be looked down upon .I need no man's approval for anything!

WOS87
12-23-2015, 04:20 PM
Great! Thanks guys! I login and now I can't get this dang song out of my head! "The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round."

Gobbler Fan
12-23-2015, 04:22 PM
Take this for what it's worth in 2004 we lost our #1 Div1 RB in a scrimmage for the year. Did they give up because he went down no they did not and the next man up stepped in we went to State only to lose to AW 17-14. A team is a TEAM not a one man show.

orange machine
12-23-2015, 04:30 PM
Take this for what it's worth in 2004 we lost our #1 Div1 RB in a scrimmage for the year. Did they give up because he went down no they did not and the next man up stepped in we went to State only to lose to AW 17-14. A team is a TEAM not a one man show.

Well that's fantastic, but im pretty sure there is a massive difference between losing a running back before the season actually starts and losing your starting qb on the first drive of the state championship game!!! That's not even a good comparison.

Gobbler Fan
12-23-2015, 04:33 PM
That's just a woulda coulda scenario that your so fond of...we coulda shoulda been State Champs IF... :evillol:

Dawgs
12-23-2015, 04:34 PM
Great! Thanks guys! I login and now I can't get this dang song out of my head! "The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round."

Hahaha. I also liked the other guys post about "ground hog day" earlier. WOS87 I guess you were right to shut this thread down the 1st time. You are a wise man, and your have been very respectful in victory for the program you support. I respect you and WOS1 for that. Even when the Celina guys have their feelings hurt (rightfully so, that must be tough on them losing their QB like that) you guys let it roll off your shoulders as you should.

Gobbler Fan
12-23-2015, 04:35 PM
I'm done so enjoy bringing up a topic that won't change the outcome of a game that's been played.

ccmom
12-23-2015, 05:41 PM

The song in my head is "Let It Go" from the movie "Frozen". Is it coincidence that both are kid songs? I think not ;)

WOS1
12-23-2015, 10:32 PM
Rita.... Lololol

1stnurseryman
12-24-2015, 12:56 PM
Shake It Off.. Comes to me