PDA

View Full Version : AAAAUUUUGG!!

PhiI C
10-05-2003, 10:40 PM
In the Women's World Cup the USA women lost to Germany 3 to 0. You have to give Germany credit for playing a great game and will probably win the World Cup if they keep playing like they did tonight. However I am afraid that Women's soccer and soccer in the USA has suffered and been dealth a big setback (I know this upsets Sinton 66 and PPHS :) ) This may also have big ramifications against the WUSA being reformed since without the USA in the finals tv ratings and interest will probably suffer even though the USA will be playing for third place I still don't see it creating the interest of 1999. Can you imagine the interest and needed shot in the arm for Women's soccer in the USA if the women could have won the world cup this year! The big win in 1999 was milked big for women's soccer but this year the milk has turned sour (I hope I am wrong about all this but I don't know). Germany has a great team and deserved their big win but for the USA and USA women's soccer a great opportunity lost. Oh well.

PhiI C
10-05-2003, 10:42 PM
I don't know maybe instead of putting money in the WUSA maybe they ought to try to establish a pro women's softball team and see how it goes. Oh maybe better yet this old man better stop typing and get to bed. At least the Spurs won the 2003 NBA championship. BEST NBA SERIES WE EVER HAD!! :)

Gobbla2001
10-05-2003, 10:45 PM
What really sucked is that the score was just 1-0 with a minute or so left...

Phil C
10-06-2003, 07:58 AM
Yes Gobbla and also the fact that the games are in the USA this time also compounds the fact that the USA Women's team lost a great opportunity to advance women's soccer and sports in the USA. I imagine Sinton 66 is so disgusted he will probably not watch the finals.

Phil C
10-06-2003, 08:59 AM
I probably didn't make myself clear but I am depressed after the USA losst to the German team in the Women's World Cup soccer not just because the USA lost which is bad enough but because I am worried that interest in the WUSA may have suffered and they may not have enough interest to attract sponsors and there will no longer be any women's pro soccer sport. frown

JasperDog94
10-06-2003, 09:06 AM
Although I'm not a big soccer fan, I send my condolences (sp?) to you Phil. Anytime that the USA can beat up on the rest of the world in their favorite sport, I'm happy. :D