PDA

View Full Version : Get me back to Texas!

Cam
12-16-2015, 08:58 PM
well....just got back to my hotel room in downtown Portland, Oregon....spent all day at Adidas headquarters....and let me tell ya, that place is impressive....they got new shoes in development that talk to you when you're steppin' or runnin' wrong....they even got one shoe that warns you if someone is comin' up behind you for a surprise wedgie!....anyways, folks here real friendly....but man the weather is so dreary.....no sun and lots of rain.....moss grows on everything even rooftops.....one Adidas employee had some moss growin' behind his ears...at least that's what I think it was!....the hotel valet parkin' guy proved hickies on the neck are still in style over here!...had that girly friend of his sucked any harder that boy mighta hemorrhaged and died!!......amount of homeless people here is crazy high....mini cities built from anything all along some sections of highway.....yesterday took a drive to see Mount Hood....fresh snow on the treetops...very pretty.....big mountain!......saw a bear mountin' one of them deer practice targets at a nearby cabin!!...hey if that's what makes him happy........Ate next to Mount Hood at a place called El Burro Loco....met an old fella name Clarence...friendliest little 5'4" guy I've ever met...He mighta passed as a dwarf.....Asked me if I was Italian...I told him I was a little bit of this and a little bit of that and it was all Greendawg's fault...he just kinda snickered at me!................tomorrow headin' for the coast to see what all the hoopla is all about...hear it's beautiful.....unfortunately the hard rain starts tonight again and into tomorrow....but I think I may chance it......the locals told me to just be careful of sudden snow, possible landslides on those high passes, and moose runnin' around with full blown erections!......now I know why so many folks up here are so dang furry!!!...either that or they take Duck Dynasty way too seriously!..:doh:.....I tried real hard to stir something up with some of the locals by tellin' them our Texas high school football teams would kick most Oregon teams arses....one of them just responded, "Yeah, but our boys are better fly fishermen!".....I'm really gonna miss Clarence....but just get me back to Texas!!!.......:wave:

panfan
12-17-2015, 12:42 AM
They'll be glad to be rid of you.

BILLYFRED0000
12-17-2015, 07:25 AM
Hey Cam... You will like the coast. In places it is just gorgeous. And remeber across the pond is Japan the phillipines etc.....Just go warm.... I was near Seattle on the coast last june..... 59 degrees with the wind out of the north at 20.... felt a lot like a sunny december day in Texas with wind out of the north and nippy. I do recommend seeing Mt St Helens. YOu will be impressed by the actual size of the blow out.....You just have to be there to see it. The country side is beautiful and the rain this year is a little heavier than normal due to El Nino. Oregon does have some weird laws. The one that cracks me up is that you cannot pump your onwn fuel. It has to be pumped by an attendent..... Now imagine going into a 7 11 with 15 pumps and one attendant.... I am telling you it was just funny....The kid kept up just fine. He was in college and told me he did not need PE or any other conditioning..... I believed him.:crazy1:

panfan
12-17-2015, 07:56 AM
Hey Cam... You will like the coast. In places it is just gorgeous. And remeber across the pond is Japan the phillipines etc.....Just go warm.... I was near Seattle on the coast last june..... 59 degrees with the wind out of the north at 20.... felt a lot like a sunny december day in Texas with wind out of the north and nippy. I do recommend seeing Mt St Helens. YOu will be impressed by the actual size of the blow out.....You just have to be there to see it. The country side is beautiful and the rain this year is a little heavier than normal due to El Nino. Oregon does have some weird laws. The one that cracks me up is that you cannot pump your onwn fuel. It has to be pumped by an attendent..... Now imagine going into a 7 11 with 15 pumps and one attendant.... I am telling you it was just funny....The kid kept up just fine. He was in college and told me he did not need PE or any other conditioning..... I believed him.:crazy1:

Jersey was like that. Except it was a cantankerous dude who didn't give a crap. One time the attendant wouldn't let me do it. The next station some poor kid as hopping around trying to get to all and I just did it myself. You ever wonder why Cam is in oregon? I'm not sure we're getting the straight skinny on this.

panfan
12-17-2015, 07:58 AM
Hey Cam, you said you was gonna bring me s pair of new sneakers. 13ee please.

panfan
12-17-2015, 08:09 AM
And don't forget Gdawg's sneakers, hobbit sized, 6-5e I'm guessing.

greendawg84
12-17-2015, 09:53 AM
And don't forget Gdawg's sneakers, hobbit sized, 6-5e I'm guessing.

8.5 D Thank you ! Smart A$$

Oregon will never be the same after a visit from CAM .... never eat anywhere named after an animal , just saying !

greendawg84
12-17-2015, 09:55 AM

Clarence will not miss Cam

Rabid Cougar
12-17-2015, 10:08 AM
Good luck seeing the sun on the coast. They average something like 3 days a month at this time of year. I was at Seaside/Astoria for two weeks. Clouds and rain.

Cam
12-17-2015, 09:36 PM

...hehehe....I'll have you know they loved me!!.....Adidas even offered me the CEO position!...But with the condition I bring Greendawg as the janitor!......

Cam
12-17-2015, 09:55 PM

Forty's all day..miserable constant rain!....but we made it to the coast down Hwy 26....beautiful forests!...but we never saw any moosessss or meese!.......just got back to Portland in what was a horrible traffic mess in the rain.....my boy had to go to the infamous crazy Voodoo Donuts..ya know, the place that makes all kinds of donuts in weird shapes.....don't worry panfan, I didn't forget about you...I got you the giant penis with testicles donut!...thing is huge and filled with bavarian cream!....Not sure how I'm gonna get that passed security at the airport!.......Anyway, drove into the coastal town of Seaside then took it up to Astoria.....Ate at the Baked Alaska right on the water....had octopus as an entrée.....my boy went with the Crab Mac N Cheese and I had the Salmon......we sat there admiring three big ships just anchored there waiting their turn I guess......then out of the water popped up a couple of sea lions!....I was like, "Look! Two giant swimming rats!".....My boy had to correct me.........Made it down to Cannon City and saw the awesome Haystack rock on the beech....Cannon City is definitely a place to go on a warm summer day.....neat shops and restaurants........Great day except for the rain and the disappointment of never seeing a single deer, elk, bear, or fresh road kill.....even that sumbitch Bigfoot didn't show his face!!!....and he knew I was expectin' him.......

this is all Greendawg's fault!.......

Cam
12-17-2015, 09:57 PM
Hey Cam, you said you was gonna bring me s pair of new sneakers. 13ee please.

....sorry...they don't make purple sneakers!.....and especially for cat lovers.......but I did get you a special donut!.....

Cam
12-17-2015, 09:58 PM
I'll be back....but right now I'm headin' out to eat AGAIN!.......

Rocket Man
12-18-2015, 12:01 AM
Royal Blue, size 9 1/2 with flaming Rockets on the sides por favor.

Sounds like a cool experience. Travel safe.

panfan
12-18-2015, 09:11 AM
....sorry...they don't make purple sneakers!.....and especially for cat lovers.......but I did get you a special donut!.....

Appreciate you thinking about me, but you can go ahead and eat that donut..... while its fresh and all.

Rabid Cougar
12-18-2015, 11:04 AM
[QUOTE=Cam;1892112......but I did get you a special donut!.....[/QUOTE]

Bacon donut at Voodoos????????

MUSTANG69
12-18-2015, 11:28 AM
Cam

Have you seen my ex-wife out their. She would be hanging out with the rest of the Sasquatches. Roseburg area probably.

Cam
12-19-2015, 11:40 PM
Cam

Have you seen my ex-wife out their. She would be hanging out with the rest of the Sasquatches. Roseburg area probably.

Yes I saw her!.....and she told me to give you this pic just to show you "what you're missin'!"........we had a nice chat, started a camp fire, and roasted marshmallows on a stick....

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/messin-with-sasquatch.jpg

Cam
12-19-2015, 11:58 PM
Bacon donut at Voodoos????????

......yep...pretty disgusting if you ask me......but not as bad as their refried bean donuts!........

Cam
12-21-2015, 04:10 PM
Astoria-Megler bridge crossing the Columbia River on a gloomy day.......my boy got the biggest laugh of the day when I stepped out of the car and into a huge puddle of cold water!!.....made his day!.......but I got my pic!....

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/bridge%20Astoria.jpeg

Cam
12-21-2015, 04:23 PM
Haystack Rock in Cannon City, Oregon.......pretty neat rock.....if you like rocks!.....if you notice the little white sign on the rock...it simply says, "Stay off the rock if you're wearing purple!"........

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/Haystack%20Rock%20Cannon%20City.jpeg

MUSTANG69
12-21-2015, 05:21 PM
Yes I saw her!.....and she told me to give you this pic just to show you "what you're missin'!"........we had a nice chat, started a camp fire, and roasted marshmallows on a stick....

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/messin-with-sasquatch.jpg

Yep. That's her. You better be careful about going camping with her. She is very tricky. Hell, I didn't even know she was a Sasquatch until I found a bag of Walmart receipts and discovered it was costing me $ 500.00/month for Nair Hair Removal.

greendawg84
12-22-2015, 10:17 AM
Astoria-Megler bridge crossing the Columbia River on a gloomy day.......my boy got the biggest laugh of the day when I stepped out of the car and into a huge puddle of cold water!!.....made his day!.......but I got my pic!....

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/bridge%20Astoria.jpeg

Yep , that's what it was like every time I went to that part of the country !

stardog
12-22-2015, 08:30 PM
Cam - did you get those new uniforms for the Bulldogs and how's the recruiting going ?