PDA

View Full Version : Dissent in Longhorn nation

lostaussie
12-15-2015, 10:00 AM
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/texas-longhorns-charlie-strong-bad-chemistry-doomed-season-from-start-121415

Aesculus gilmus
12-15-2015, 10:02 AM
I predict Traylor will leave, sooner rather than later.

d0tc0m
12-15-2015, 10:07 AM
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/texas-longhorns-charlie-strong-bad-chemistry-doomed-season-from-start-121415

Man, just give Traylor the extinguisher and see if he can put that dumpster fire out.

chaingang
12-15-2015, 10:09 AM
Where does he go? Does he stay at the collegiate level or back to HS? Seems to be not his fault at all if they wouldnt even listen to him. Maybe the new OC will actually take input from a guy that coached one of the most prolific offenses in TX HS Football History. You would think it would be smart to listen.

chaingang
12-15-2015, 10:10 AM
Man, just give Traylor the extinguisher and see if he can put that dumpster fire out.

I agree!! Obviously the Horns have NOTHING to lose. Its broke so fix the dang thing.

Aesculus gilmus
12-15-2015, 10:11 AM
He has offers elsewhere in the college ranks. He has already said he's never going to coach high school again.

If I were he, I'd be kicking myself at not having left for college after the championship in 2009. He'd have a couple of million more bucks (pardon the pun) by now.

But his children were still too young in '09.

chaingang
12-15-2015, 10:16 AM
He has offers elsewhere in the college ranks. He has already said he's never going to coach high school again.

If I were he, I'd be kicking myself at not having left for college after the championship in 2009. He'd have a couple of million more bucks (pardon the pun) by now.

Yeah, us WOS peeps too....LOL!!!!

d0tc0m
12-15-2015, 10:20 AM

I know his philosophy doesn't line up well with Coach Bielema, but I wouldn't mind seeing Traylor land at Arkansas at some point. It's long been my gripe that the Hogs don't recruit Texas well enough. Traylor will be a hell of a recruiter in the college ranks, eventually, and he's basically got that east Texas talent on tap.

chaingang
12-15-2015, 10:23 AM
I know his philosophy doesn't line up well with Coach Bielema, but I wouldn't mind seeing Traylor land at Arkansas at some point. It's long been my gripe that the Hogs don't recruit Texas well enough. Traylor will be a hell of a recruiter in the college ranks, eventually, and he's basically got that east Texas talent on tap.

Yeah, hes about as close to a conduit as someone can get. He will always get the first look at the East Texas talent.

coach
12-15-2015, 10:43 AM
But Charlie is a good guy. He will turn things around. pppffttt

Rabid Cougar
12-15-2015, 04:36 PM
Maybe the new OC will actually take input from a guy that coached one of the most prolific offenses in TX HS Football History. You would think it would be smart to listen.

Two words - Todd Dodge.

See how he worked out at the next level.

d0tc0m
12-15-2015, 04:38 PM
Two words - Todd Dodge.

Entirely different situation.

Tink4392
12-15-2015, 05:46 PM
Two words - Todd Dodge.

Most of Dodges is problem is that he wanted his son to play Qb when he didnt have the talent to play at that level in college like he did in high school.

d0tc0m
12-15-2015, 05:52 PM
Most of Dodges is problem is that he wanted his son to play Qb when he didnt have the talent to play at that level in college like he did in high school.

That wasn't the problem.

Rabid Cougar
12-15-2015, 07:32 PM

His son was good. None tougher.

As Dotcom said, his problems had nothing to do with his son.

Tejastrue
12-15-2015, 10:37 PM
I think he will stand pat. He does not seem like a man that would leave something unfinished..at least of his own accord. Texas is in dire need of coaches like Traylor.

the genious
12-15-2015, 11:38 PM
From what I've read Traylor is friends with Gilbert and it seems like they are going to mesh well.. Along with the o-line coach you now have a younger enthusiastic staff that is going to hit the ground running on the recruiting trail and should relate with recruits better

chaingang
12-16-2015, 11:04 AM
This is EXACTLY what the Longhorns need. Young coaches that can relate with the kids! Hook Em!

chaingang
12-16-2015, 11:06 AM
His son was good. None tougher.

As Dotcom said, his problems had nothing to do with his son.

I think it has to do with going from HS to College HC. I think thats why Traylor is different. Hes just getting his feet wet and looks to move up the ranks slowly.

Aesculus gilmus
12-16-2015, 11:37 AM
According to my sources Texas just gave Traylor a raise and so he has agreed to stay.

the genious
12-16-2015, 12:31 PM
He had a Co-Offensive cordinator offer from Missouri but didn't get play calling responsibilities so he took the raise and stayed put.. If Texas had a big rebound his name will be coming up next year in the big O cordinator jobs

Gontex
12-16-2015, 12:50 PM
I predict Traylor will leave, sooner rather than later.

Traylor got a nice raise, a contract extension and a new title. A/S reported that Mizzou was trying to hire him away....

d0tc0m
12-16-2015, 01:04 PM
He had a Co-Offensive cordinator offer from Missouri but didn't get play calling responsibilities so he took the raise and stayed put.. If Texas had a big rebound his name will be coming up next year in the big O cordinator jobs

I'd stay the heck away from Mizzou. That place is a dumpster fire in its own right, but for worse reasons than football. Recruiting base here in MO is poor, and the Tigers will be on the downward trend for a little while.

coach
12-16-2015, 02:09 PM
If they call that dissent, I wonder what the hell they will call whats going on in Cstat? Its a s show right now.

lostaussie
12-16-2015, 02:34 PM
If they call that dissent, I wonder what the hell they will call whats going on in Cstat? Its a s show right now.

And TTech:D

Rabid Cougar
12-16-2015, 02:34 PM

No joke.

Rabid Cougar
12-16-2015, 03:57 PM
News is that Kyler is leaving too.

Gobbler Fan
12-16-2015, 04:30 PM
But A&M is SEC that counts for something right :evillol:

Rabid Cougar
12-16-2015, 04:37 PM
Now Kyle Field is transfering.

Rabid Cougar
12-16-2015, 04:38 PM

Idiocity knows no conference.

Rabid Cougar
12-16-2015, 04:47 PM
A 4 star WR just de-committed.

waterboy
12-16-2015, 05:19 PM
It's going to take getting the coaching situation stabilized, and a really good season for the 'Horns, to get recruiting at Texas back where it should be. It's tough to recruit 4 and 5 star players when they don't know how long the coach(s) are going to be there.

Aesculus gilmus
12-16-2015, 05:54 PM
A 4 star WR just de-committed.

You mean this guy, right?

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/texasamaggies/2015/12/16/texas-wr-commit-quartney-davis-announces-opening-recruitment?f=r

hookandladder
12-16-2015, 06:16 PM

That's some funny **** right there, Lol.

catgut
12-20-2015, 06:26 PM
I thought he was hired to coach tight ends

Aesculus gilmus
12-21-2015, 07:54 AM
I thought he was hired to coach tight ends

I think the main reason he was hired was to recruit.

What I noticed is how immediately he "took over" down there and now everyone wants him promoted. Hell, some want to make him head coach.

I was not surprised at that at all, having known the man all these years.

buckeyebob
12-22-2015, 10:07 PM
He is good at what he does

buckeyebob
12-27-2015, 08:47 AM
News flash...rumor has it that #2 Traylor son has been accepted @ A&M (#! has been there on the Scout Team)...wife currently has job as Asst Prin @ Middle School & has told Supt she will not renew...Baby Girl is Soph, great athalete, especially volleyball...they are loading up the truck & moving to Austin

My hopes for the Jeff return seems to be getting very dim

bobcat1
12-27-2015, 09:28 AM

What I noticed is how immediately he "took over" down there and now everyone wants him promoted. Hell, some want to make him head coach.

He was great at recruiting at Gilmer!:taunt: (It was there and I couldn't resist)

NastySlot
12-27-2015, 09:15 PM

I've heard rumors that the university to the south of Austin wants to make him their HC............that could just be talk.

PurplePop
12-28-2015, 09:54 AM
Now Kyle Field is transfering.

That's hilarious.

What's up with the co-offensive coordinator phenomenon? Seems like that's a recipe for conflict to me.

Scoop27
12-28-2015, 12:41 PM
Horns need to find some special teams players along with some receivers

Aesculus gilmus
12-30-2015, 04:51 PM
According to Rivals.com, a former Gilmer Buckeye turned Texas Longhorn will interview for the Texas State University Head Football Coach position.
http://www.myeasttex.com/news/local-news/report-jeff-traylor-to-interview-for-texas-state-job

lostaussie
12-30-2015, 10:26 PM
According to Rivals.com, a former Gilmer Buckeye turned Texas Longhorn will interview for the Texas State University Head Football Coach position.
http://www.myeasttex.com/news/local-news/report-jeff-traylor-to-interview-for-texas-state-job

I hope he is just practicing the interview process.

Tejastrue
12-30-2015, 10:42 PM
I absolutely hate generated hype. At the same time Texas State would welcome him. Gone are the days when one school rules the state..

Aesculus gilmus
12-31-2015, 08:10 AM
A&M may come open soon. After he "practice interviews" in San Marcos, his agent can set up a "for real" interview in College Station.

That's where his sons are going to school, so it's a natural for him.

"Gone are the days when one school rules the state."

#WRTS is still the hashtag on Twitter for them fightin' Texas Aggies. Learn it. Live it. Love it.

Aesculus gilmus
01-07-2016, 11:53 AM
I'm not sure Traylor even got to interview for it, but it's now filled:
http://footballscoop.com/news/everett-withers-to-be-head-coach-at-texas-state/

waterboy
01-07-2016, 03:31 PM
I'm not sure Traylor even got to interview for it, but it's now filled:
http://footballscoop.com/news/everett-withers-to-be-head-coach-at-texas-state/

I talked to Jeff in passing the other night and never brought it up. I think he did interview, but I forgot to ask.

Aesculus gilmus
01-07-2016, 04:46 PM
http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2016/1/7/10726044/curtis-luper-jeff-traylor-craig-naivar-utsa-roadrunners-head-coach-larry-coker

Possible new escape route out of Austin for our hometown hero.

(Actually, it's the same route - just another hour or so south on I-35.)

Aesculus gilmus
01-09-2016, 08:22 AM
Strong is trying to make it worth Jeff's while to stay with him.
http://www.burntorangenation.com/2016/1/8/10738064/texas-hires-jeff-traylors-son-as-a-ga

NastySlot
01-09-2016, 11:02 AM
Strong is trying to make it worth Jeff's while to stay with him.
http://www.burntorangenation.com/2016/1/8/10738064/texas-hires-jeff-traylors-son-as-a-ga

Congrats to both.