PDA

View Full Version : How about a Houston head count?

Gsquared
12-14-2015, 11:05 AM
Me and TXB will be there Thursday-Saturday.

chaingang
12-14-2015, 11:15 AM

Friday at 4 for sure and possibly Saturday.

griff
12-14-2015, 11:21 AM
I know at least 6-7 WO-S fans, a few downlow posters among them, will be there at 12:00 to watch both 4A games.

Gsquared
12-14-2015, 11:21 AM
Friday at 4 for sure and possibly Saturday.

Sweet!

Roughneck93
12-14-2015, 11:49 AM
I'll be there Friday and Saturday.

Gsquared
12-14-2015, 12:32 PM
I know at least 6-7 WO-S fans, a few downlow posters among them, will be there at 12:00 to watch both 4A games.

Cool!

Saggy Aggie
12-14-2015, 01:07 PM
I'll be there all day Friday only

RPF2666
12-14-2015, 01:09 PM
I plan to be there to see both 4A games on Saturday...

pirate4state
12-14-2015, 01:23 PM
first year Red & I won't be there, but we'll be following along in some fashion.

I can't believe TXB will actually be at the state games. Make sure and take a picture of this momentous occasion!

Gsquared
12-14-2015, 01:28 PM
first year Red & I won't be there, but we'll be following along in some fashion.

I can't believe TXB will actually be at the state games. Make sure and take a picture of this momentous occasion!

Ill document it as such!

ccmom
12-14-2015, 01:39 PM
I plan to be there to see both 4A games on Saturday...

Pretty sure you will be a day late ;)

Sweetwater Red
12-14-2015, 02:16 PM

Did I mention we will be driving right by LSU's Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge either on our way to or back from our destination. Maybe
Gsquared can give us the heads up on places to eat near the stadium.

RPF2666
12-14-2015, 02:21 PM
Pretty sure you will be a day late ;)

You can tell where my head is! :vrycnfsd:

Gsquared
12-14-2015, 02:21 PM
Did I mention we will be driving right by LSU's Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge either on our way to or back from our destination. Maybe
Gsquared can give us the heads up on places to eat near the stadium.

I always eat before I get to Baton Rouge. If you will be on I-10 going from Lafayette to BR, stop at Mulate's in Breaux Bridge, or Lagneaux's in Lafayette, or Prejeans in Lafayette. Oh, and get some boudin egg rolls at Billy's Boudin in Scott.

Sweetwater Red
12-14-2015, 02:25 PM
I always eat before I get to Baton Rouge. If you will be on I-10 going from Lafayette to BR, stop at Mulate's in Breaux Bridge, or Lagneaux's in Lafayette, or Prejeans in Lafayette. Oh, and get some boudin egg rolls at Billy's Boudin in Scott.

Perfect, thanks!

Gsquared
12-14-2015, 02:39 PM
Perfect, thanks!

Not a problem, safe travels!

44INAROW
12-14-2015, 03:34 PM

boudin egg rolls? now that sounds interesting....... and be sure and make a potty stop BEFORE Baton Rouge if it's anywhere near 5:00 pm... OMG - we almost had a terrible situation when we went to NOLA for Thanksgiving :) Safe travels....

Bullaholic
12-14-2015, 04:40 PM
boudin egg rolls? now that sounds interesting....... and be sure and make a potty stop BEFORE Baton Rouge if it's anywhere near 5:00 pm... OMG - we almost had a terrible situation when we went to NOLA for Thanksgiving :) Safe travels.... Yep...many have starved to death waiting to get across the I10 bridge in Baton Rouge, 44. Just be thankful that you were not around in the old days before I10 when the only way from Opelousas to Baton Rouge was on 190 and over the bridge at Krotz Springs. Really a lot of fun getting over either bridge before or after a big holiday like Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Bullaholic
12-14-2015, 04:44 PM
I always eat before I get to Baton Rouge. If you will be on I-10 going from Lafayette to BR, stop at Mulate's in Breaux Bridge, or Lagneaux's in Lafayette, or Prejeans in Lafayette. Oh, and get some boudin egg rolls at Billy's Boudin in Scott. Right on Cajun food info, G2---my pants size grew several sizes during my tenure in Lafayette.

Gsquared
12-14-2015, 04:52 PM
Right on Cajun food info, G2---my pants size grew several sizes during my tenure in Lafayette.

That area will do that to you. Ill be spending a long weekend down there not long after football season ends

Bullaholic
12-14-2015, 04:57 PM
That area will do that to you. Ill be spending a long weekend down there not long after football season ends Where you and TXB gonna stay? :D

Sweetwater Red
12-14-2015, 05:05 PM
I spent the better part of my twenties south of I-10 in Louisiana due to my job at the time. Whole other world down
there but something that has to be experienced at some point in your life. Now I haven't been there in fifteen plus
years but I don't bet much is changed.

regaleagle
12-14-2015, 11:59 PM
Too many heads in Houston to count.

Gsquared
12-15-2015, 08:22 AM
where you and txb gonna stay? :d

ha!!!

chaingang
12-15-2015, 10:13 AM

You talking about the one in Duson, off of Fieldspan? I lived right there off of Golden Grain back in 2005.

Gsquared
12-15-2015, 10:22 AM
You talking about the one in Duson, off of Fieldspan? I lived right there off of Golden Grain back in 2005.

There was a gas station in Duson that had some of the BEST boudin around but when I went by there this past October the guy wasn't there anymore.

coach
12-15-2015, 10:44 AM
Not me. I am boycotting the state Championships until they return to where they belong. Nobody wants to go to the taint of Texas.

dk1
12-15-2015, 11:09 AM
All day Thursday! Rooting on the Bremond Tigers, Cameron Yoe and Franklin Lions! Back to work Friday to watch on tv the LaVega Pirates win their ring!

bulldog60
12-15-2015, 11:17 AM
Will be their all day Friday and Saturday. Will Be yelling loud for LA Vega, Cedar Park, Lake Travis and Westlake.

jp744
12-15-2015, 03:41 PM
Will be in NRG Friday and Saturday to see the games. Should be some great football games. Looking forward to it.

charlesrixey
12-15-2015, 05:04 PM
I should be there with my twin brother for at least the Celina game, and maybe the one after that on Friday.

I'll be driving to Muskogee (OK) on Thursday night, and then to Temple to meet my brother, and then to Houston. Saturday morning I have to go back to Temple and then drive back to Waxachie, pick up my kids around noon and then drive the 9 hours back to Missouri, lol.

d0tc0m
12-15-2015, 05:05 PM
I should be there with my twin brother for at least the Celina game, and maybe the one after that on Friday.

Are we gonna have some classic Rixey live updates on the Downlow?!

WOS87
12-15-2015, 05:33 PM

What kind of favors/bribes do I have to hand out to get press box access?

Not me. I am boycotting the state Championships until they return to where they belong. Nobody wants to go to the taint of Texas.

I would think Fairfield would be considered the taint given it's exactly between Dallass and Houston. (oops... sorry for the misspelling) ;)

If you're going down I-10 you could always stop in Orange. It will be a ghost town so no wait anywhere. Lake Charles is also an option if you're hungry before you make it to Lafayette or BR.

Saggy Aggie
12-15-2015, 05:38 PM

Glad you cant make it :)

XX Man
12-15-2015, 10:21 PM

Great! We don't want you there.

XX Man
12-15-2015, 10:23 PM
I will be there for game time. Look for the tall guy with the navy blue shirt with "We will pursue, We will gang tackle" on the back, and the WOS emblem on the front!

Tejastrue
12-15-2015, 10:39 PM
Does anyone else have to work on Friday? :bigcry:

44INAROW
12-15-2015, 10:42 PM
Does anyone else have to work on Friday? :bigcry:

Me😢. I am off the following 2 Thursday/Friday though, so that's nice but no trip to NRG for us😚

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Matthew328
12-15-2015, 11:22 PM
I'll be there Wednesday night....all 3 days I'll be at NRG

LionFan72
12-16-2015, 05:25 AM

I'm with coach on this one, but for a different reason! Still recovering from a little surgery that lasted a little longer than I anticipated, unable to travel; but i'll be there watching on FSSW Every Game! Safe travels to everyone and a joyous holidays! Merry Christmas to all, and to all a goodnight!

charlesrixey
12-16-2015, 09:53 AM
Are we gonna have some classic Rixey live updates on the Downlow?!

No, lol. This is my first game since Carthage and Liberty Hill back-to-back in 2008, so I will not be touching my phone until the game is over, lol.

Gsquared
12-16-2015, 09:55 AM
What kind of favors/bribes do I have to hand out to get press box access?

I would think Fairfield would be considered the taint given it's exactly between Dallass and Houston. (oops... sorry for the misspelling) ;)

If you're going down I-10 you could always stop in Orange. It will be a ghost town so no wait anywhere. Lake Charles is also an option if you're hungry before you make it to Lafayette or BR.

You can use mine good sir :)

d0tc0m
12-16-2015, 09:56 AM
No, lol. This is my first game since Carthage and Liberty Hill back-to-back in 2008, so I will not be touching my phone until the game is over, lol.

Well deserved! Enjoy it! I was just feeling nostalgic haha.

Really wish I was gonna be there Friday. I did take Thursday and Friday off at work, though. When I told my coworkers it was to stay home and watch hours of high school football, they looked at me like I was crazy. I just laughed and said, "Bless yalls little non-Texan hearts."

Sweetwater Red
12-16-2015, 10:14 AM

May stop in West Orange on the way back. I want to check out WOS's facilities and field if we have time.

coach
12-16-2015, 10:44 AM
UIL is expected to lose 30k ppl this weekend just because it is in Houston. Coaching school was there this summer and it was the lowest turnout in years. Expect the same this weekend.

coach
12-16-2015, 10:46 AM

Not really exactly between the 2 cities. Dallas is at least an hour closer. So we are more like the belly button.