PDA

View Full Version : Celina (15-0) vs West Orange-Stark (14-1) 2015 4A D2 STATE FINALS

Pages : [1] 2

WOS87
12-12-2015, 06:25 PM
Let's get this thread started!

Celina8
12-12-2015, 06:27 PM
Just posted this on another thread so copied and pasted here: Another huge challenge for the Bobcats as WOS was the Pre-Season Number 1 Ranked team in the State and with last years team playing in the title game this years team will not be awe struck by the experience. It has been awhile for the Bobcats and so for all these Bobcats this will be something new. WOS has a lot of speed and good size with a stout defense and they almost beat last years Gilmer team who I consider to be one of the best this decade. With that said I see the Bobcats as again underdogs and I will be cheering for them to pull the upset!

bobcat1
12-12-2015, 06:30 PM
Celina wins State for #9!

regaleagle
12-12-2015, 06:32 PM
Is Jarren Alexander okay? I thought I heard he went out in the 4th quarter with an injury last night. Was that just something minor like a cramp???

orange machine
12-12-2015, 06:36 PM
Is Jarren Alexander okay? I thought I heard he went out in the 4th quarter with an injury last night. Was that just something minor like a cramp???

Just a cramp, first game since Argyle Celina's starters had to play 4 quarters.

Eagle Nation
12-12-2015, 07:34 PM
I'm backing Celina. I have to stay with the local and rival teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOS1
12-12-2015, 07:35 PM
I'll talk about this tmrw. Gonna enjoy this one tonight.

44INAROW
12-13-2015, 12:14 AM
I'd love to see this matchup, if I didn't have a company Christmas party, I'd be there, sitting on the WOS side, hoping they win. Will be watching on the boob tube. Good luck Mustangs......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

orange machine
12-13-2015, 12:40 AM
After seeing the Mustangs today, I think Celina's oline will wear the Mustangs dline smooth out. My only concern really is the speed of the Wr's those guys can scoot. I also think Celina's dline will present issues for the Mustangs oline. The Mustangs are very fast and this qb likes to throw deep balls to those fast Wr's. If Celina can slow down the deep pass threat, I think Celina can win by a few td's.

Rocket Man
12-13-2015, 01:05 AM
Gut opinion from a mad rocket scientist: WOS wins.

briandumith*
12-13-2015, 01:06 AM
this will be a great game... I am having a tough time :thinking::thinking:with this one but I got to go with Celina by 7.. good luck to both crews..

chaingang
12-13-2015, 01:10 AM
After seeing the Mustangs today, I think Celina's oline will wear the Mustangs dline smooth out. My only concern really is the speed of the Wr's those guys can scoot. I also think Celina's dline will present issues for the Mustangs oline. The Mustangs are very fast and this qb likes to throw deep balls to those fast Wr's. If Celina can slow down the deep pass threat, I think Celina can win by a few td's.

Lol! Keep thinking all he throws is deep balls. As a matter of fact, run a nickel defense on us. ;)

Saggy Aggie
12-13-2015, 01:23 AM
WOS looked beatable. I thought they were better last year. I think Celina will win, jmo

orange machine
12-13-2015, 03:29 AM
Lol! Keep thinking all he throws is deep balls. As a matter of fact, run a nickel defense on us. ;)

I'm not saying that's all he does. I'm saying he does throw deep balls and his Wr's are fast enough to go get it.

bobcat1
12-13-2015, 08:53 AM
I'd love to see this matchup, if I didn't have a company Christmas party, I'd be there, sitting on the WOS side, hoping they win. Will be watching on the boob tube. Good luck Mustangs......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HDI'm hurt! :taunt:

WOS1
12-13-2015, 09:18 AM
WOS looked beatable. I thought they were better last year. I think Celina will win, jmo

LOL... So you're jumping off the WOS wagon, Aggie? Are you serious about us looking beatable? It's the 5th round of the playoffs, anyone can beat anyone.

Did you watch the Gilmer/Celina game? Do you NOT think Celina looked beatable? lol I'm gonna get brow beat for this, but Dallas is twice the QB Spears is and he put 44 points on them and if it weren't for 1 bad decision and 1 unfortunate pass when a ball was tipped for those pick 6's we'd be talking about Gilmer right now. Celina definitely looks beatable... We all are beatable this time of year. Go Stangs!

WOS1
12-13-2015, 09:21 AM

After seeing what Gilmer did in the passing game, I'm pretty sure Celina will have to blow up the scoreboard to win this game. Not a knock to Gilmer, but WOS has AT LEAST as much speed and a better QB.

WOS1
12-13-2015, 09:40 AM
LOL... So you're jumping off the WOS wagon, Aggie? Are you serious about us looking beatable? It's the 5th round of the playoffs, anyone can beat anyone.

Did you watch the Gilmer/Celina game? Do you NOT think Celina looked beatable? lol I'm gonna get brow beat for this, but Dallas is twice the QB Spears is and he put 44 points on them and if it weren't for 1 bad decision and 1 unfortunate pass when a ball was tipped for those pick 6's we'd be talking about Gilmer right now. Celina definitely looks beatable... We all are beatable this time of year. Go Stangs!

I'll just add one more thing too. The Mustang run defense has been solid all year. Regardless of what happened yesterday, you are not going to make a living running the ball on WOS. Cuero had one play that worked and we had a hard time stopping it. The same play resulted in all 4 of their TD's and the majority of their rushing yards which is why Martinez, pretty much had all of them. They were good with that off tackle play. They beat some pretty dang good teams before getting to the Mustangs woith that same play (look at the film). It's a difficult play to stop and that's why they were where they were (that and a dang good defense). If Celina can duplicate that play and run it to perfection like Cuero did then it'll be a real good game, if they can't, then... WOS defense has put the clamps on some pretty dang good teams and some pretty dang good RB's this year, Cuero found one play that worked. The question will be, can Celina do the same?

And while your wondering about competition this yr. WOS was ranked 3rd in all of 4A on strength of schedule.

Opponents combined win/loss

Celina- 71-80
WOS- 94-65

This was prior to the Semifinal games.

d0tc0m
12-13-2015, 09:59 AM
I'll just add one more thing too. The Mustang run defense has been solid all year. Regardless of what happened yesterday, you are not going to make a living running the ball on WOS. Cuero had one play that worked and we had a hard time stopping it. The same play resulted in all 4 of their TD's and the majority of their rushing yards which is why Martinez, pretty much had all of them. They were good with that off tackle play. They beat some pretty dang good teams before getting to the Mustangs woith that same play (look at the film). It's a difficult play to stop and that's why they were where they were (that and a dang good defense). If Celina can duplicate that play and run it to perfection like Cuero did then it'll be a real good game, if they can't, then... WOS defense has put the clamps on some pretty dang good teams and some pretty dang good RB's this year, Cuero found one play that worked. The question will be, can Celina do the same?

And while your wondering about competition this yr. WOS was ranked 3rd in all of 4A on strength of schedule.

Celina- 71-80
WOS- 94-65

Funny, I heard Gilmer folks saying this same thing last week, and the Bobcats took whatever they wanted in the run game.

They also mentioned the opponents win-loss record quite a bit, too. That's a pretty irrelevant stat at this point. But if it makes you feel better, go ahead with it.

d0tc0m
12-13-2015, 10:02 AM

Celina- 71-80
WOS- 94-65

And I can assure you, Celina will find more than one play that works on offense. We're five times as balanced as Cuero was. You guys have the speed to limit the number of big plays we'll get, but you better have the depth to endure some grind-it-out, punishing drives. Because if that's the style Celina needs to play, they can and will, and it will take its toll eventually.

d0tc0m
12-13-2015, 10:05 AM

Well, in that same sense, then, if it weren't for FIVE Celina turnovers, we'd be talking about how the Bobcats blew the Buckeyes out of the water by four scores.

hollywood
12-13-2015, 10:16 AM
Love it.. Keep it up!

Celina by 7. WOS has the team without question. Game will be won in the trenches. Celina's OL/DL will cause havoc for WOS. Good luck to both. I'd like to see Celina get #9.

WOS87
12-13-2015, 10:17 AM
:1popcorn:

d0tc0m
12-13-2015, 10:22 AM
Love it.. Keep it up!

Celina by 7. WOS has the team without question. Game will be won in the trenches. Celina's OL/DL will cause havoc for WOS. Good luck to both. I'd like to see Celina get #9.

You're right about that, our d-line will create some problems. What I worry about is getting Dallas to the ground when we do get to him. He has a knack for escaping, and when he does, he hits big plays downfield.

orange machine
12-13-2015, 10:42 AM
The Mustangs play a ton of players both ways that could really hurt them in the 2nd half. Its hard to play 4 qts when you got an oline that averages 275 lbs pounding on you.

chaingang
12-13-2015, 10:49 AM
The Mustangs play a ton of players both ways that could really hurt them in the 2nd half. Its hard to play 4 qts when you got an oline that averages 275 lbs pounding on you.

Lol! What film have you been watching?

chaingang
12-13-2015, 10:53 AM
And side note, sure is good to banter with you Celina folks. The past 2 weeks were beyond boring on our threads. Geez! Now stop trying to convince yourselves that you are better than WOS

chaingang
12-13-2015, 10:54 AM

Well when you only suit up 22 kids I guess that's what you get.....

WOS87
12-13-2015, 10:55 AM
Please don't make my job any harder than it already is lol. I miss LHPantherMom and RangerMom

d0tc0m
It's gonna be a fun week.

WOS1

You better look again... You think you gonna wear us out bring it. This ain't 2014...

One player goes both ways, two yesterday only due to an injury with our safety.

d0tc0m
12-13-2015, 10:56 AM
You better look again... You think you gonna wear us out bring it. This ain't 2014...

You're right about that.

Saggy Aggie
12-13-2015, 11:00 AM

Lol, I'm not on anyone's band wagon other than Richmond George ranch. I just want to see good games.

I understand it's the semis and all the teams are good and everyone is beatable, but just by the eye test, I thought the 2014 mustangs were better, especially on defense. The kid that left for Alabama to me is the difference.

And no I didn't watch the Celina game, so just speculation on my part. I Won't be surprised if wos wins, but I think I've seen better mustang teams in the past who didn't win.

orange machine
12-13-2015, 11:08 AM
Saw the game yesterday. Give me a little bit and I can tell you all the two way players.

WOS1
12-13-2015, 11:08 AM
Lol, I'm not on anyone's band wagon other than Richmond George ranch. I just want to see good games.

I understand it's the semis and all the teams are good and everyone is beatable, but just by the eye test, I thought the 2014 mustangs were better, especially on defense. The kid that left for Alabama to me is the difference.

And no I didn't watch the Celina game, so just speculation on my part. I Won't be surprised if wos wins, but I think I've seen better mustang teams in the past who didn't win.

I understand what you're saying and no doubt, we miss DT. But, we have shut down some pretty dang good running teams this yr. DT helped us more in pass defense than against the run, tho. since you were there you saw it was that one dang play we struggled with. Cuero was special, no doubt and it was no fluke they were there. They were the first team this yr to have success running on us. I don't believe Celina will be able to do what only Cuero could, but I could be wrong. We won't have to long to wait to find out! :)

WOS1
12-13-2015, 11:09 AM
Saw the game yesterday. Give me a little bit and I can tell you all the two way players.

Please do, I've watched them all yr long, but I never say I can't be wrong. Sure you aren't thinking about Cuero?

Saggy Aggie
12-13-2015, 11:12 AM
I understand what you're saying and no doubt, we miss DT. But, we have shut down some pretty dang good running teams this yr. DT helped us more in pass defense than against the run, tho. since you were there you saw it was that one dang play we struggled with. Cuero was special, no doubt and it was no fluke they were there. They were the first team this yr to have success running on us. I don't believe Celina will be able to do what only Cuero could, but I could be wrong. We won't have to long to wait to find out! :)
#59 is tough to run against... He's a big ol boy. I want to say Cuero's success running was when they ran opposite of him...

chaingang
12-13-2015, 11:16 AM
#59 is tough to run against... He's a big ol boy. I want to say Cuero's success running was when they ran opposite of him...

Yep, 6'4 of nasty! Well as long as you don't double hold him like Cuero did. :) King was held on the other side, he's our other beast.

44INAROW
12-13-2015, 11:16 AM
Lol! What film have you been watching?

Me thinks he got blue and green mixed up😜. Carry on🏈

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

chaingang
12-13-2015, 11:18 AM
Please do, I've watched them all yr long, but I never say I can't be wrong. Sure you aren't thinking about Cuero?

Consistently maybe 2. Of course in different packages, you might put a different people in but standard is 2 or 3.

CHS_89
12-13-2015, 11:42 AM
At this point, stats don't mean much to me. It's win or go home. We just ran the ball very effectively on a very, very good Gilmer defense with speed to burn. I believe this comes down to Celina controlling the line of scrimmage on O and sustaining long drives. I'm not worried about the WOS offense if we have long drives. However, if we turn the ball over 5 times, it will be a long ride home for the boys in orange and white. I believe our running game wins this game. Don't know what the final score will be, don't care as long as the Bobcats are ahead after the final buzzer. I do want to wish both teams a good week of practice, no injuries, and everyone safe travels.

RPF2666
12-13-2015, 11:54 AM
At this point, stats don't mean much to me. It's win or go home. We just ran the ball very effectively on a very, very good Gilmer defense with speed to burn. I believe this comes down to Celina controlling the line of scrimmage on O and sustaining long drives. I'm not worried about the WOS offense if we have long drives. However, if we turn the ball over 5 times, it will be a long ride home for the boys in orange and white. I believe our running game wins this game. Don't know what the final score will be, don't care as long as the Bobcats are ahead after the final buzzer. I do want to wish both teams a good week of practice, no injuries, and everyone safe travels.

At this point, It's win AND go home, too... I say we just go ahead and do it that way!

CHS_89
12-13-2015, 11:58 AM
At this point, It's win AND go home, too... I say we just go ahead and do it that way!

I'm fine with that formula as well.

wos_sports
12-13-2015, 12:02 PM
I will admit our defense just wasn't what our normally is until the second half. We held them to one TD in the second half. I know both teams agree that the wind was an issue. The wind was strong in the stands and with the way the stadium was built it made a jet stream on the field. I'm not worried about our many weapons we have on offense. There were a few things not clicking as normal. So we had to go with what was working at that time. Saying we only rely on the long ball is like saying Celine turning it over 5/6 times is their norm. Like every team we have faced year, the common reply is we are small and have "some"speed. The truth is overall we are small but our TEAM speed makes up for what we lack in size X 2. We have played a tough pre-season. All but one of our games was played up and that was Newton. So Celina fans can concentrate on our small size and our "so so" speed. I promise you when your coaches and players see the game films they requested on top of yesterday's game, they will be the first to admit we have weapons everywhere!

RPF2666
12-13-2015, 12:11 PM
I will admit our defense just wasn't what our normally is until the second half. We held them to one TD in the second half. I know both teams agree that the wind was an issue. The wind was strong in the stands and with the way the stadium was built it made a jet stream on the field. I'm not worried about our many weapons we have on offense. There were a few things not clicking as normal. So we had to go with what was working at that time. Saying we only rely on the long ball is like saying Celine turning it over 5/6 times is their norm. Like every team we have faced year, the common reply is we are small and have "some"speed. The truth is overall we are small but our TEAM speed makes up for what we lack in size X 2. We have played a tough pre-season. All but one of our games was played up and that was Newton. So Celina fans can concentrate on our small size and our "so so" speed. I promise you when your coaches and players see the game films they requested on top of yesterday's game, they will be the first to admit we have weapons everywhere!

We all know that you don't get where you are without being very talented. I know Celina will show up on Friday, and
I'd bet the house the Mustangs will roll a bus or two into the NRG parking lot, too! It is going to be great and win or lose
both schools and towns will be proud of their boys!

orange machine
12-13-2015, 12:33 PM
I know 59 went both ways and I believe 6 at least a few times. I thought there was a few other linemen that went both ways or at least rotated. I could be wrong, I have before lol not often though.

chaingang
12-13-2015, 12:43 PM
6 only plays offense in certain packages. Just so happened he played a couple more than normal yesterday. And wouldn't you use 59 on both sides if you could? Lol. But yeah, it may have seemed like more but only about 2 that actually go both ways. But we also rotate a lot of fresh legs in. Been a while since we had backups for our backups.

pirate4state
12-13-2015, 01:05 PM
I knew I would only be able to attend games on Friday this year if Sinton were playing, so I'll be listening to the KOGT guys and rooting for WOS from my desk.

This will be another heavyweight fight. As in all games it will come down to the little things. WOS can score quick, but I think their best chance to win is to sustain long drives against the Bobcats and keep their offense off the field. I have no clue if anyone has been able to do that against them this year, but I'm sure they'll tell us all about it if they haven't :D LOL

Take care of the ball, don't give them any freebies and I think the 'Stangs have enough in the tank to beat this Celina team!

d0tc0m
12-13-2015, 02:05 PM

LoL what Celina fans did you see that said WOS was small but had 'so-so' speed?

chaingang
12-13-2015, 02:21 PM
LoL what Celina fans did you see that said WOS was small but had 'so-so' speed?

I'm pretty sure he meant other teams have said that about us not Celina peeps.

JJWalker
12-13-2015, 02:38 PM
I am going to try to see this game. I hope the orange team wins this one.

Gobbler Fan
12-13-2015, 03:14 PM
Get it over the fact that Cuero showed your defense that was un runable on that someone could run on them and we used one play 80-90% of the time to do it. All the teams in the playoffs couldn't stop it but what I don't know is why you're harping on it when your team moved on. If you read the other board they even knew it was coming and still struggled giving up the big play with us running it. Maybe we can count the pancake blocks and put them up here too just for shits and giggles. I'm pulling for WOS but come on get over it and concentrate on Celina.

orange machine
12-13-2015, 03:26 PM
I thought the Mustangs were very, very fast. I don't think they are as physical as Gilmer, but faster for sure. As for the deep ball, my point was not to say yall just throw deep balls. My point was that yall have burners at wr and can throw deep very well. Celina will need to be focused and cannot afford to have five turnovers this week. I do however think Celina can move the ball running as this will be the best oline the Mustangs have played. I look for this to be s dog fight for sure.

Old Green
12-13-2015, 04:11 PM

WOS1
12-13-2015, 04:28 PM
I know 59 went both ways and I believe 6 at least a few times. I thought there was a few other linemen that went both ways or at least rotated. I could be wrong, I have before lol not often though.

59 is the ONE who goes both ways all of the time and if you saw him play yesterday, you see why. You will not wear him out. #6 saw MAYBE 3 offensive snaps yesterday. The only time he plays both ways is in short yardage packages on offense. That's not "playing both ways". Definitely not enough to wear someone out. Number 24 played both ways yesterday because our normal safety has been injured. But, going both ways doesn't take it's toll on DB/WR like it does lineman. I assure you, 59 is the ONLY kid we have in our defensive front 7 that goes both ways. Now, last yr is a different story. We had several kids play both ways and I do believe it took it's toll in the SC game against Gilmer. The lack of kids going both ways this year is for that very reason.

WOS1
12-13-2015, 04:30 PM
I am going to try to see this game. I hope the orange team wins this one.

The team from Orange plans on it! ;)

WOS1
12-13-2015, 04:35 PM
Get it over the fact that Cuero showed your defense that was un runable on that someone could run on them and we used one play 80-90% of the time to do it. All the teams in the playoffs couldn't stop it but what I don't know is why you're harping on it when your team moved on. If you read the other board they even knew it was coming and still struggled giving up the big play with us running it. Maybe we can count the pancake blocks and put them up here too just for shits and giggles. I'm pulling for WOS but come on get over it and concentrate on Celina.

You referring to me??? I'm trying to give Cuero credit for doing something not many teams could do... WTH???? What do you want me to say???

Celina folks think that, just because you guys could do it, then they can do it too... I'm trying to tell them that you guys were better than most and that, just because you did it don't mean they can... You just can't compliment some people....

I think you got some things you need to get over.

WOS1
12-13-2015, 04:38 PM
I thought the Mustangs were very, very fast. I don't think they are as physical as Gilmer, but faster for sure. As for the deep ball, my point was not to say yall just throw deep balls. My point was that yall have burners at wr and can throw deep very well. Celina will need to be focused and cannot afford to have five turnovers this week. I do however think Celina can move the ball running as this will be the best oline the Mustangs have played. I look for this to be s dog fight for sure.

This WILL NOT be the best O-line we've faced... go ahead and forget that. Not doubting they are good, but they are not Richmond foster.

Gobbler Fan
12-13-2015, 04:48 PM
No it was directed to the ones saying the ONLY reason why Cuero was able to run for positive yardage was because the refs were inept at what they do. I enjoyed the game and thought it was called the way it should have been and the players on the field decided the outcome.

The Bull #40
12-13-2015, 05:03 PM
I'm sick that I have to miss this game - the two best teams (IMO) made the finals and I think it's going to be a great one! I had these two teams picked in my bracket before playoffs started and I had Celina to win it, but since WOS beat us I'll be rooting for the Mustangs in this one! Good luck to both teams!

griff
12-13-2015, 05:55 PM
No it was directed to the ones saying the ONLY reason why Cuero was able to run for positive yardage was because the refs were inept at what they do. I enjoyed the game and thought it was called the way it should have been and the players on the field decided the outcome.

OK...well, WOS1, he's referring to me not you. I never said the refs were the only reason Cuero was able to run on us. I said the refs allowed a lot of holding and not one flag was thrown for it. I've looked at some of the game film already. On one of the TDs, #21 from Cuero blocked TWO defenders in the back on the edge where Martinez scored. On another TD run, #75 was holding one of the WO-S players with no flag thrown. I give Martinez a ton of credit for his performance, but he unfortunately received a lot of help from some incompetent refs. My beef is not toward Cuero players and fans. Just the refs.

Onward to play Celina...

orange machine
12-13-2015, 06:11 PM
This WILL NOT be the best O-line we've faced... go ahead and forget that. Not doubting they are good, but they are not Richmond foster.

I watched that game and yes Celina's oline is better and bigger. Or how about this Celina's oline is as good, but bigger.

the genious
12-13-2015, 06:20 PM
The real question is is Kenny Chesney gonna perform boys of fall pre game?

orange machine
12-13-2015, 06:30 PM

Dude that is so old!!! That was 6 years ago new material needed.

RPF2666
12-13-2015, 06:46 PM

Neat thing is, a bunch of these Seniors were in that video!

XX Man
12-13-2015, 06:53 PM
WOS made a couple of mistakes that resulted in points on Cuero's score. Take out 2 mistakes, and you could have taken 1 Cuero TD back, and add 2 TD's to WOS. Martinez is quit an athlete. I wish he was playing for WOS as a back/receiver.

XX Man
12-13-2015, 06:54 PM
I watched that game and yes Celina's oline is better and bigger. Or how about this Celina's oline is as good, but bigger.

WOS is normally outsized on the line, but make up for it with strength and conditioning.

d0tc0m
12-13-2015, 06:56 PM
WOS made a couple of mistakes that resulted in points on Cuero's score. Take out 2 mistakes, and you could have taken 1 Cuero TD back, and add 2 TD's to WOS. Martinez is quit an athlete. I wish he was playing for WOS as a back/receiver.

Celina can play that game with the Gilmer results, too.

XX Man
12-13-2015, 06:56 PM
6 only plays offense in certain packages. Just so happened he played a couple more than normal yesterday. And wouldn't you use 59 on both sides if you could? Lol. But yeah, it may have seemed like more but only about 2 that actually go both ways. But we also rotate a lot of fresh legs in. Been a while since we had backups for our backups.

A while? It has been so long, I don't remember it! Probably back in the mid '80's.

WOS1
12-13-2015, 06:58 PM
HOMER... I can't talk to you

d0tc0m
12-13-2015, 07:10 PM
HOMER... I can't talk to you

Or are you so much of a HOMER that you're closed off to the possibility that OM is right?

Disclaimer: I haven't seen the Foster film, so I can't confirm OM's comments. I know Celina's o-line is big, strong and athletic, though, not to mention very cerebral and technique sound.

WOS92
12-13-2015, 07:30 PM
For the record, Foster's o-line averages 7'9" and 350 lbs with 1 percent body fat, and they are all card-carrying members of MENSA with impeccable fashion sense, grammar and etiquette - but with a true old-world work ethic and a complete lack of pretentiousness.

WOS92
12-13-2015, 07:31 PM
Also, they each could see the dress as both black and blue AND white and gold.

wos_sports
12-13-2015, 07:42 PM
What is with the obsession with everyone wanting to compare themselves to Richmond Foster? Is it because it's our only loss? See what we get for having some balls to play someone with a current enrollment of 2271. If Celina's O-Line is half of what Richmond Foster was then y'all should have beat Gilmer 80 to 0.
I know it's hard to point out our weaknesses but let's be realistic. I'll give you a freebie our weakness is field goals

d0tc0m
12-13-2015, 07:52 PM
What is with the obsession with everyone wanting to compare themselves to Richmond Foster? Is it because it's our only loss? See what we get for having some balls to play someone with a current enrollment of 2271. If Celina's O-Line is half of what Richmond Foster was then y'all should have beat Gilmer 80 to 0.
I know it's hard to point out our weaknesses but let's be realistic. I'll give you a freebie our weakness is field goals

LoL.

d0tc0m
12-13-2015, 07:53 PM
For the record, Foster's o-line averages 7'9" and 350 lbs with 1 percent body fat, and they are all card-carrying members of MENSA with impeccable fashion sense, grammar and etiquette - but with a true old-world work ethic and a complete lack of pretentiousness.

Celina's o-line is twice as good.

WOS1
12-13-2015, 07:56 PM
Lololol!!!

WOS1
12-13-2015, 08:03 PM

One thing is for certain. We don't have long to find out if you homers are right or delusional... From the film id say the latter.

Now, I'm NOT saying they aren't a good oline... But you boys are saying they are better than a 5A DI, three round deep playoff team... A school 4X your size... Please...

If you can't be realistic, I can't take you serious. LMBO

marler1972
12-13-2015, 08:03 PM
Ok Celina is 1-0 against WOS granted it was from 7 on 7 a couple years ago. So with that being said Celina wins.

XX Man
12-13-2015, 08:12 PM

I doubt that.

d0tc0m
12-13-2015, 08:13 PM
One thing is for certain. We don't have long to find out if you homers are right or delusional... From the film id say the latter.

Now, I'm NOT saying they aren't a good oline... But you boys are saying they are better than a 5A DI, three round deep playoff team... A school 4X your size... Please...

If you can't be realistic, I can't take you serious. LMBO

Oh, WOS, I think you need to re-read my posts. Otherwise, I just LITERALLY can't even handle it or take you serious.

XX Man
Ok Celina is 1-0 against WOS granted it was from 7 on 7 a couple years ago. So with that being said Celina wins.

I doubt that, too.

d0tc0m
I doubt that.

LoL.

d0tc0m
12-13-2015, 08:14 PM
The WOS folks are easier to get going than the LeasT Texas folks.

XX Man
12-13-2015, 08:16 PM
Celina has an impressive history. Following HS football for a number of years, I know that they are in the playoffs just about every year, but, WOS is so loaded with talent this year, that I just don't see Celina beating WOS this year.

XX Man
12-13-2015, 08:18 PM
The WOS folks are easier to get going than the LeasT Texas folks.

Not sure what your were inferring by "LeasT", but you are right that WOS has rabid football fans. The coaches and teams are just as rabid. haha

WOS87
12-13-2015, 08:22 PM
Calpreps finally updated. Looks like a tossup according to them. Strange though. They have Celina with a higher rating but WOS winning with a projected score of 31-30. Can't get any closer than that.

http://calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2015/trend.pl?school=West_Orange-Stark_(Orange,_TX)

WOS92
12-13-2015, 08:29 PM

Foster's is 5X as good... as themselves...

bobcat1
12-13-2015, 08:31 PM
Calpreps finally updated. Looks like a tossup according to them. Strange though. They have Celina with a higher rating but WOS winning with a projected score of 31-30. Can't get any closer than that.

http://calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2015/trend.pl?school=West_Orange-Stark_(Orange,_TX)
This must mean Celina is Doomed!:ack!: In Phils words.... scary times indeed!

WOS87
12-13-2015, 08:34 PM
This must mean Celina is Doomed!:ack!: In Phils words.... scary times indeed!

Nah you guys are totally gonna run away with it. I probably won't even go.

chaingang
12-13-2015, 08:51 PM
Yeah, well...you know what?? Orange has waaay better resturants than Selena....dang auto correct, I mean Sahara... Dang it!! Cewhiner. I give up.....

XX Man
12-13-2015, 08:52 PM
haha. Do we all need to meet and sit together at the game? I normally like to be high up, where I can see everything that is going on. But, then, yall might not want to hang out with an old fart like me.

chaingang
12-13-2015, 08:53 PM
And we even have an interstate!! Beat that Cellulose!

bobcat1
12-13-2015, 08:55 PM
Yeah, well...you know what?? Orange has waaay better resturants than Selena....dang auto correct, I mean Sahara... Dang it!! Cewhiner. I give up.....

And we even have an interstate!! Beat that Cellulose!
Well good for you. So proud for you.

XX Man
12-13-2015, 08:57 PM
chaingang, I was haulinghorses back from Oklahoma, about 9 years ago, and swung through Celina, just to look around. From the little I saw, they were bigger than Orangefield, but smaller than Bridge City. Their stadium though, although small, was immaculately cared for. Grass finely trimmed and everything with frsh orange and white paint on it. They are clearly a community with a lot of support for their program. With that said, I just don't think they their defense has been up against a multi talented offense like WOS has.

XX Man
12-13-2015, 08:58 PM
hmmm, for some reason, those white perch remind me of the man holding them . lol. Just funning.....

bobcat1
12-13-2015, 08:59 PM
hmmm, for some reason, those white perch remind me of the man holding them . lol. Just funning.....
LOL! That's from eating them. :2thumbsup

RPF2666
12-13-2015, 09:02 PM
chaingang, I was haulinghorses back from Oklahoma, about 9 years ago, and swung through Celina, just to look around. From the little I saw, they were bigger than Orangefield, but smaller than Bridge City. Their stadium though, although small, was immaculately cared for. Grass finely trimmed and everything with frsh orange and white paint on it. They are clearly a community with a lot of support for their program. With that said, I just don't think they their defense has been up against a multi talented offense like WOS has.

You are probably right! Our defense is doomed... I still think there are a majority of the kids who still want to go on down to
Houston to get educated about multi-talented stuff!! Hope we can keep that majority all week long! :wave:

XX Man
12-13-2015, 09:04 PM
:iagree:

XX Man
12-13-2015, 09:10 PM
RPF2666, that pic reminds of a cat fixing to step into one of my traps.

XX Man
12-13-2015, 09:13 PM
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=c536c88318&view=att&th=14be18211d70f2b8&attid=0.1&disp=safe&zw

Looks like a Bobcat after a Mustang Gang Tackle.

d0tc0m
12-13-2015, 09:26 PM

Yes we have. Richmond Foster.

Err, wait. Ah ... I got confused. Sorry.

RPF2666
12-13-2015, 09:39 PM
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=c536c88318&view=att&th=14be18211d70f2b8&attid=0.1&disp=safe&zw

Looks like a Bobcat after a Mustang Gang Tackle.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJtNaP6MYUnirTWvAI1YH8Gx6T_Ilwd QcJKW92bZQ0V8bMFw4u

Mustang on Friday night about 7:30!

orange machine
12-13-2015, 09:53 PM
Let me put it this way there are at least two oline men for Celina that can and probably will play d1 football and another one that pro ably could, but doesn't want to play football after high school. The dudes are strong as heck and very good. Rg 6'4 285 RT 6'4 310 and Lt 6'1 280. Those are some big Ole dudes. The RT Melton banged on Boyd all night Friday night and had his way with him. I'm sorry but there is no Demarco Boyd on Starks team. 59 looks great though, but Celina's oline can match up with him. I don't want to leave out celina's center and left guard. Buchanan the LG is strong as an ox not real big at 5'10 225 but he gives it his all d made some fantastic blocks against Gilmer. Celina's center is 5'10 260 and has played good all year and impressed.

I get Stark is fast as lighting, but those little guys are in for a very physical pounding game. By the way Celina's dline has played great this year.

The Gilmer score is very misleading. Most people who saw that game will tell you Celina could have and should have put up 60 points had it not been for turnovers and yes Gilmer ha something to do with one of them.

XX Man
12-13-2015, 10:11 PM
You're right. WOS ought to just stay at home and shiver in fright of the mighty bobcats. haha. Right, not going to happen.

d0tc0m
12-13-2015, 10:15 PM
You're right. WOS ought to just stay at home and shiver in fright of the mighty bobcats. haha. Right, not going to happen.

Good grief. I hate posts like this.

XX Man
12-13-2015, 10:17 PM
haha, Me too.

wos_sports
12-13-2015, 10:26 PM
orange machine: Let me put it this way there are at least two oline men for Celina that can and probably will play d1 football and another one that pro ably could, but doesn't want to play football after high school. The dudes are strong as heck and very good. Rg 6'4 285 RT 6'4 310 and Lt 6'1 280. Those are some big Ole dudes. The RT Melton banged on Boyd all night Friday night and had his way with him. I'm sorry but there is no Demarco Boyd on Starks team. 59 looks great though, but Celina's oline can match up with him. I don't want to leave out celina's center and left guard. Buchanan the LG is strong as an ox not real big at 5'10 225 but he gives it his all d made some fantastic blocks against Gilmer. Celina's center is 5'10 260 and has played good all year and impressed.

I get Stark is fast as lighting, but those little guys are in for a very physical pounding game. By the way Celina's dline has played great this year.

The Gilmer score is very misleading. Most people who saw that game will tell you Celina could have and should have put up 60 points had it not been for turnovers and yes Gilmer ha something to do with one of them.[/QUOTE]

Actually I thought Gilmer should have won. They turned it over just as much as y'all did. Celina better learn out to hold on to the ball and how to throw to the correct jersey. You are right we don't have a Boyd. We are way more than a one man team.

XX Man
12-13-2015, 10:36 PM
wos-sports, I did not watch the game, but I remember in 2000 when WOS lined up against Lincoln with a O and D line that averaged about 70lbs heavier than all of the WOS players. Lincoln was tough for 1 quarter. After that, they had their tongues hanging out and and was moving slow from the pounding from the 170 lb WOS linemen. I'm sure that Celina has a good team and a good line, but if they think that size is going to overcome the strength and conditioning of the WOS players, they are in for a surprise.

d0tc0m
12-13-2015, 10:39 PM
wos-sports, I did not watch the game, but I remember in 2000 when WOS lined up against Lincoln with a O and D line that averaged about 70lbs heavier than all of the WOS players. Lincoln was tough for 1 quarter. After that, they had their tongues hanging out and and was moving slow from the pounding from the 170 lb WOS linemen. I'm sure that Celina has a good team and a good line, but if they think that size is going to overcome the strength and conditioning of the WOS players, they are in for a surprise.

But what if Celina's line has size, speed, strength and conditioning?

marler1972
12-13-2015, 10:47 PM

Lincoln was not good so don't go there, you are talking oranges to grapes......

WOS1
12-13-2015, 11:02 PM
Let me put it this way there are at least two oline men for Celina that can and probably will play d1 football and another one that pro ably could, but doesn't want to play football after high school. The dudes are strong as heck and very good. Rg 6'4 285 RT 6'4 310 and Lt 6'1 280. Those are some big Ole dudes. The RT Melton banged on Boyd all night Friday night and had his way with him. I'm sorry but there is no Demarco Boyd on Starks team. 59 looks great though, but Celina's oline can match up with him. I don't want to leave out celina's center and left guard. Buchanan the LG is strong as an ox not real big at 5'10 225 but he gives it his all d made some fantastic blocks against Gilmer. Celina's center is 5'10 260 and has played good all year and impressed.

The Gilmer score is very misleading. Most people who saw that game will tell you Celina could have and should have put up 60 points had it not been for turnovers and yes Gilmer ha something to do with one of them.
We saw the Gilmer game. A couple of times now. A non homer perspective saw a Celina team extremely fortunate to advance. I definitely did not see a "potential to have 60" I saw a lucky it wasn't 35.

d0tc0m
12-13-2015, 11:12 PM
We saw the Gilmer game. A couple of times now. A non homer perspective saw a Celina team extremely fortunate to advance. I definitely did not see a "potential to have 60" I saw a lucky it wasn't 35.

We must've watched a different game.

PurplePop
12-13-2015, 11:46 PM
After following these teams all year, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this game is totally up for grabs. I really don't see a favorite. It should be a wild one.

orange machine
12-14-2015, 12:05 AM

Are you kidding the first drive Celina was pounding Gilmer into oblivion in the run game and fumbled on their end of the field. Gilmer had no answer for Celina's run game. Celina may or may not have scored there, but chances are they would have Gilmer had no answer so that's one td off the board. Then Celina is driving again and our receiver had the ball in his hands, but the Gilmer db somehow got it away. Again another drive in their end of the field and they had no answer, another td most likely coming. That's just two. The other Int's were just bad throws or wrong routes being ran. By the way Gilmers last td came against a prevent defense and most of Gilmers pass yards came on big plays most of which were screens that Celina over pursued. Gilmer had two turnovers to Celina's five. Not to mention Celina was down by 14 points at one point early and overcame all that. Baz teams don't get down by 14 and have 5 turnovers and still come back and win. Only an elite team is capable of that against a team like Gilmer.

WOS1
12-14-2015, 05:43 AM
We must've watched a different game.

Apparently...

WOS1
12-14-2015, 05:44 AM
After following these teams all year, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this game is totally up for grabs. I really don't see a favorite. It should be a wild one.

This is the best, non homer, post I've seen yet and probably the most accurate.

WOS1
12-14-2015, 05:49 AM
Are you kidding the first drive Celina was pounding Gilmer into oblivion in the run game and fumbled on their end of the field. Gilmer had no answer for Celina's run game. Celina may or may not have scored there, but chances are they would have Gilmer had no answer so that's one td off the board. Then Celina is driving again and our receiver had the ball in his hands, but the Gilmer db somehow got it away. Again another drive in their end of the field and they had no answer, another td most likely coming. That's just two. The other Int's were just bad throws or wrong routes being ran. By the way Gilmers last td came against a prevent defense and most of Gilmers pass yards came on big plays most of which were screens that Celina over pursued. Gilmer had two turnovers to Celina's five. Not to mention Celina was down by 14 points at one point early and overcame all that. Baz teams don't get down by 14 and have 5 turnovers and still come back and win. Only an elite team is capable of that against a team like Gilmer.

OK so now I understand... So Celina has scored on every drive that they have gotten across the opponents 50 this year... now I'm understanding what you're saying... So yeah I can see why you would say you should have scored 60... Heck, why don't you just say you should have scored 100... Heck, why stop at the 50? Maybe you SHOULD score on every possession... LOL

For the rest of the football world, you're lucky to be where you are now.

WOS1
12-14-2015, 06:09 AM
Not to mention Celina was down by 14 points at one point early and overcame all that. Baz teams don't get down by 14 and have 5 turnovers and still come back and win. Only an elite team is capable of that against a team like Gilmer.

Unless the "elite" team you're playing has at least 3 of their own with 2 of those being gift 6's. It's amazing how you guys discount the other teams miscues. LOL

bobcat1
12-14-2015, 06:20 AM

You're right, Celina is fortunate to advance. Too bad this is the last game. No one can be fortunate to advance past this game. Of course WOS is not fortunate to be here, right? You deserve to be here and you feel like Celina doesn't. Got it. Thanks

RPF2666
12-14-2015, 06:46 AM
You're right, Celina is fortunate to advance. Too bad this is the last game. No one can be fortunate to advance past this game. Of course WOS is not fortunate to be here, right? You deserve to be here and you feel like Celina doesn't. Got it. Thanks

I believe we've just gotten to the heart of the issue!:iagree:

WOS87
12-14-2015, 07:03 AM
So now you're all sensitive suddenly? LOL. You guys crack me up. :1popcorn:

http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=974&d=1450094491

RPF2666
12-14-2015, 07:34 AM
We like our guys, you like your guys... as it should be!

We'll find out on Friday afternoon who's purring loudest!

I cannot wait!

waterboy
12-14-2015, 08:49 AM
Well, in that same sense, then, if it weren't for FIVE Celina turnovers, we'd be talking about how the Bobcats blew the Buckeyes out of the water by four scores.

Uuuhhh..., no...

Y'all were the better team, no doubt, but BOTH teams had costly turnovers. Celina had 5, with 4 of those being in the first half. Gilmer had 3, with 1 of those being in the first half. The momentum shifted tremendously with the first pick-six, with Gilmer leading 21-7. If not for that, the script might have been reversed. So, stop with the "we would've" stuff.

Just saying, take your win with grace. Y'all earned it. No need to harp on that kind of stuff.

waterboy
12-14-2015, 08:55 AM

This is the actual game. Two pick-6's accounted for 14 points of that 49 point total. The first one was a HUGE momentum shift, with Gilmer leading 21-7, and the second one all but ended the game.

Aesculus gilmus
12-14-2015, 09:07 AM
What's going to be infuriating for all the WOS fans who don't go to the game and have to watch on FSSW the way I'll be doing is how biased in favor of Celina the broadcast crew will be.

This reminds of when Bob Shipley was doing the commentary a few years ago on the Argyle-Wimberley title game and lamented how "liberal" Wimberley was. Comedy gold, I tell ya!

d0tc0m
12-14-2015, 09:12 AM
Uuuhhh..., no...

Y'all were the better team, no doubt, but BOTH teams had costly turnovers. Celina had 5, with 4 of those being in the first half. Gilmer had 3, with 1 of those being in the first half. The momentum shifted tremendously with the first pick-six, with Gilmer leading 21-7. If not for that, the script might have been reversed. So, stop with the "we would've" stuff.

Just saying, take your win with grace. Y'all earned it. No need to harp on that kind of stuff.

My post was a sarcastic shot at the WOS reasoning of how the Cuero game went down. In no reality do I think Celina would/should have beaten Gilmer by four scores. Come on, Waterboy, got more respect for yalls program than that.

d0tc0m
12-14-2015, 09:14 AM
Unless the "elite" team you're playing has at least 3 of their own with 2 of those being gift 6's. It's amazing how you guys discount the other teams miscues. LOL

Pot, meet Kettle.

chaingang
12-14-2015, 09:16 AM
What's going to be infuriating for all the WOS fans who don't go to the game and have to watch on FSSW the way I'll be doing is how biased in favor of Celina the broadcast crew will be.

This reminds of when Bob Shipley was doing the commentary a few years ago on the Argyle-Wimberley title game and lamented how "liberal" Wimberley was. Comedy gold, I tell ya!

LOL! Thats how we felt last year listening to the commenters about Gilmer. Previewed Gilmer almost whole pre game the said oh, yeah, they play West orange Stark. hahaha

chaingang
12-14-2015, 09:17 AM
My post was a sarcastic shot at the WOS reasoning of how the Cuero game went down. In no reality do I think Celina would/should have beaten Gilmer by four scores. Come on, Waterboy, got more respect for yalls program than that.

You know, I did hear that Crawfish season is already here......LOL!!!

d0tc0m
12-14-2015, 09:21 AM
You know, I did hear that Crawfish season is already here......LOL!!!

That's good eatin'.

chaingang
12-14-2015, 10:49 AM
That's good eatin'.

Man, yall Yankees have no clue what REAL crawfish is. LOL

That is one good thing about growing up 2 minutes from Louisiana.

d0tc0m
12-14-2015, 10:55 AM

I've had REAL crawfish. It was from Louisiana, actually.

wos_sports
12-14-2015, 11:06 AM
Well guess what you only get credit for the runs that end in the end zone.
All the would haves, could haves, should haves don't count. You made it by and are now in the State Championship good job now your real work starts.

d0tc0m
12-14-2015, 11:13 AM
Well guess what you only get credit for the runs that end in the end zone.
All the would haves, could haves, should haves don't count. You made it by and are now in the State Championship good job now your real work starts.

Splendid inner monologue. :clap:

waterboy
12-14-2015, 12:15 PM
LOL! Thats how we felt last year listening to the commenters about Gilmer. Previewed Gilmer almost whole pre game the said oh, yeah, they play West orange Stark. hahaha

Yeah, I remember that. I'm a HOMER, and didn't like the way they carried on. I would've preferred a more balanced broadcast myself. It helps to find out more of what the opponent is about, and to give them their due, in my opinion. It DID sound biased to me, too. It's a state championship game, for crying out loud. Research BOTH teams, and give EACH their due air time.

waterboy
12-14-2015, 12:19 PM
In this game, I honestly don't have any idea what will happen. The only thing I DO know is that BOTH teams are very good, and deserve to be there. As a fan of high school football in general, this "should" be a very entertaining game, and may the best team win.

bobcat1
12-14-2015, 12:31 PM
So now you're all sensitive suddenly? LOL. You guys crack me up. :1popcorn:

http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=974&d=1450094491Yes, I am the sensitive type:spitlol: I was trying to post WOS State Champs but this happened.:catredx:

bobcat1
12-14-2015, 12:35 PM

This Fat Daddy does. All my Dad's relatives are from Mississippi. Aunt lived in New Orleans until she died. Uncle lived in Port Arthur until he died. I know.

Bullaholic
12-14-2015, 12:45 PM
Trying to get a feel for this one. I have seen Celina, but not WOS play this season. My assessment of Celina is that they are a complete team--not any glaring weaknesses in any phases of the game, and they were seasoned enough to overcome a 14-0 deficit to a really good Gilmer team to pull out a win. What can anyone tell me about the strength of the teams that WOS has beaten on their way to this SC game---not that this matters when a team gets this far, but it would gives me a little bit of a feel about how WOS won these games on the field, when they were tested the most, and how they overcame any obstacles to get their wins.

pirate4state
12-14-2015, 01:20 PM
and how they overcame any obstacles to get their wins.

they scored more points against all but one team :D

marler1972
12-14-2015, 01:31 PM

Um some of us know good crawfish, we go to Larrys in groves.

JJWalker
12-14-2015, 01:32 PM
What do you people mean by, "You people"?

Sorry in advance, but eventually this thread must arrive here.

d0tc0m
12-14-2015, 01:37 PM

What?

wos_sports
12-14-2015, 02:06 PM
Trying to get a feel for this one. I have seen Celina, but not WOS play this season. My assessment of Celina is that they are a complete team--not any glaring weaknesses in any phases of the game, and they were seasoned enough to overcome a 14-0 deficit to a really good Gilmer team to pull out a win. What can anyone tell me about the strength of the teams that WOS has beaten on their way to this SC game---not that this matters when a team gets this far, but it would gives me a little bit of a feel about how WOS won these games on the field, when they were tested the most, and how they overcame any obstacles to get their wins.

I'm not real sure what you are looking for. WOS has faced LCM 4a div 1, PNG 5A, Jasper 4a Div 1, Silsbee 4a div 1, Richmond Foster 5A, Newton 3a div 2 all but one of these teams made it to the playoffs. We try to play the toughest pre-season we can. In the playoffs we beat Scarborough. Second round was Wharton second place in their district, they beat La Grange to play us. Next we played Caldwell 2nd in their district they beat La Marque to play us. Then we played Bellville they won their district, they beat Giddings to play us. You wanted obstacles, well we have been lucky when it comes to injuries this year and we have played very well not to need to overcome many obstacles. We did fumble the ball twice against Bellville and halftime was 8-3 then came out and finished it 42-3. NO, we have not turned the ball over 5 times and still won a game. So now I ask. Tell us how Celina has overcame many obstacles. Yes, I know all about the Gilmer game, other than Gilmer what obstacles have yall overcame? Many of y'all dont want to admit it but Gilmer is very watered down this year, no I'm not saying they are bad but they are not the same team as last year. Listening to y'all talk you would think this game took place against last years Gilmer team. Just because WOS has made it look easy to get here doesn't mean they are not as good as advertised. Many Celina fans are counting on stopping our long ball and that's fine we have many other was to score on y'all all day long.

d0tc0m
12-14-2015, 02:10 PM
I'm not real sure what you are looking for. WOS has faced LCM 4a div 1, PNG 5A, Jasper 4a Div 1, Silsbee 4a div 1, Richmond Foster 5A, Newton 3a div 2 all but one of these teams made it to the playoffs. We try to play the toughest pre-season we can. In the playoffs we beat Scarborough. Second round was Wharton second place in their district, they beat La Grange to play us. Next we played Caldwell 2nd in their district they beat La Marque to play us. Then we played Bellville they won their district, they beat Giddings to play us. You wanted obstacles, well we have been lucky when it comes to injuries this year and we have played very well not to need to overcome many obstacles. We did fumble the ball twice against Bellville and halftime was 8-3 then came out and finished it 42-3. NO, we have not turned the ball over 5 times and still won a game. So now I ask. Tell us how Celina has overcame many obstacles. Yes, I know all about the Gilmer game, other than Gilmer what obstacles have yall overcame? Many of y'all dont want to admit it but Gilmer is very watered down this year, no I'm not saying they are bad but they are not the same team as last year. Listening to y'all talk you would think this game took place against last years Gilmer team. Just because WOS has made it look easy to get here doesn't mean they are not as good as advertised. Many Celina fans are counting on stopping our long ball and that's fine we have many other was to score on y'all all day long.

What in the literal hell are you talking about?

Bullaholic
12-14-2015, 02:57 PM
they scored more points against all but one team :D Lol...I should know better by now than to ask a straight question on here. Wish I'd thought of this reply..:D

Bullaholic
12-14-2015, 03:01 PM
I'm not real sure what you are looking for. WOS has faced LCM 4a div 1, PNG 5A, Jasper 4a Div 1, Silsbee 4a div 1, Richmond Foster 5A, Newton 3a div 2 all but one of these teams made it to the playoffs. We try to play the toughest pre-season we can. In the playoffs we beat Scarborough. Second round was Wharton second place in their district, they beat La Grange to play us. Next we played Caldwell 2nd in their district they beat La Marque to play us. Then we played Bellville they won their district, they beat Giddings to play us. You wanted obstacles, well we have been lucky when it comes to injuries this year and we have played very well not to need to overcome many obstacles. We did fumble the ball twice against Bellville and halftime was 8-3 then came out and finished it 42-3. NO, we have not turned the ball over 5 times and still won a game. So now I ask. Tell us how Celina has overcame many obstacles. Yes, I know all about the Gilmer game, other than Gilmer what obstacles have yall overcame? Many of y'all dont want to admit it but Gilmer is very watered down this year, no I'm not saying they are bad but they are not the same team as last year. Listening to y'all talk you would think this game took place against last years Gilmer team. Just because WOS has made it look easy to get here doesn't mean they are not as good as advertised. Many Celina fans are counting on stopping our long ball and that's fine we have many other was to score on y'all all day long. Yes, the 1st half of your post tells me some turn-by-turn about the WOS road to their SC appearance---Thanks. I'll let the shy Celina folks reply to the 2nd half.

lostaussie
12-14-2015, 03:06 PM
Well I been in my sad shell.........carry on. I didn't know what I was missing out on:D

d0tc0m
12-14-2015, 03:07 PM
Yes, the 1st half of your post tells me some turn-by-turn about the WOS road to their SC appearance---Thanks. I'll let the shy Celina folks reply to the 2nd half.

Really hard to address this dude's delusion. The guy is just throwing punches under water.

waterboy
12-14-2015, 04:04 PM
I think he was just making a comparison between this year's Celina team, and last year's team. The problem is, there is no comparison. This year's Bobcat team is a ton better, better offensive line, better QB (in my opinion) for the style of offense Celina runs, better running game, better passing game (albeit, they didn't have one of their better games against Gilmer), and a better defense.

West Orange-Stark is probably just as good as last year, if not better, too. Who knows how these two teams match up? I know I don't.

I don't think any comparisons to last year are valid in any way as to how this game will go.

GUNHO
12-14-2015, 04:47 PM
I think he was just making a comparison between this year's Celina team, and last year's team. The problem is, there is no comparison. This year's Bobcat team is a ton better, better offensive line, better QB (in my opinion) for the style of offense Celina runs, better running game, better passing game (albeit, they didn't have one of their better games against Gilmer), and a better defense.

West Orange-Stark is probably just as good as last year, if not better, too. Who knows how these two teams match up? I know I don't.

I don't think any comparisons to last year are valid in any way as to how this game will go.

Good post waterboy.I was getting tired of reading all this chest beating stuff...from both sides.:clap:

d0tc0m
12-14-2015, 06:24 PM
I've only been able to scratch the surface of WOS film so far. Trying to get through a busy couple of days at work, then I'll have a bit more time.

A few obvious things that struck me as I've started to look at the Mustangs:

1) They are fast. They'll be every bit as fast as Gilmer was. Say what you want about the Buckeyes, but I for one think they were a very talented team, and they had some burners. WOS has just as many.

2) Their receivers play very well in space, especially #87.

3) J. Dallas is a heck of a QB. He's very poised, even when he's pressured and flushed out of the pocket.

4) Their defense is very, very fast and aggressive. Windows close quickly against that Mustangs secondary. The whole unit flies to the football.

I'll be able to look at more specific matchups as we get further into the week. Those are just a few things that jumped out at me really early on. Should be a good football game.

Saggy Aggie
12-14-2015, 07:23 PM
The level of butthurt in this thread is outstanding

bobcat1
12-14-2015, 07:58 PM
:spitlol: It's fun to watch.

pirate4state
12-14-2015, 08:59 PM

:clap: yep! I'll expect to have some momma jokes by the end of the week! :D

Roughneck93
12-14-2015, 09:09 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/beavis-buthead-popcorn.gif

chaingang
12-14-2015, 09:21 PM

Huh? What in the world did that question come from and what in the world are you referencing? Talk about out of left field.

WOS1
12-14-2015, 09:36 PM
Pot, meet Kettle.

That is a completely moronic statement. Please copy and paste the basis for this comment that came from me.

d0tc0m
12-14-2015, 09:40 PM
That is a completely moronic statement. Please copy and paste the basis for this comment that came from me.

LoL. It's only Monday.

WOS1
12-14-2015, 09:41 PM
In this game, I honestly don't have any idea what will happen. The only thing I DO know is that BOTH teams are very good, and deserve to be there. As a fan of high school football in general, this "should" be a very entertaining game, and may the best team win.

I agree

WOS1
12-14-2015, 09:42 PM
LoL. It's only Monday.

Lord don't I know, 4 more days of this.

d0tc0m
12-14-2015, 09:43 PM
Lord don't I know, 4 more days of this.

Ah, it'll settle down. Both sides just needed to throw a few haymakers. The actual football/game talk will probably pick up tomorrow.

WOS1
12-14-2015, 09:46 PM
Um some of us know good crawfish, we go to Larrys in groves.
Ya you're Richard Marler's grandson or son, correct? We know, you know. And Richard Marler is a SETexas coaching legend!

WOS1
12-14-2015, 09:51 PM
Well I been in my sad shell.........carry on. I didn't know what I was missing out on:D
I was wondering how long it was going to take you guys to show up. Glad to see your back.

marler1972
12-14-2015, 09:54 PM
Ya you're Richard Marler's grandson or son, correct? We know, you know. And Richard Marler is a SETexas coaching legend!
He is my uncle. He is missed daily.
My son was a senior last for Celina and is at Lamar this year

WOS1
12-14-2015, 09:56 PM
Huh? What in the world did that question come from and what in the world are you referencing? Talk about out of left field.

Lol... And he HAS to be a Celina fan, I've never seen a mustang fan by that name on this site... And I'm pretty sure I know what he's talking about, but why would he?

WOS1
12-14-2015, 09:59 PM
Ah, it'll settle down. Both sides just needed to throw a few haymakers. The actual football/game talk will probably pick up tomorrow.
We can only hope. :)

WOS1
12-14-2015, 10:02 PM

Oh wow, how cool! Ya your uncle is sorely missed. Great coach and better person. Your family should be proud.

d0tc0m
12-14-2015, 10:05 PM

His son was a dang good receiver for the Bibcats! Wish he was on this roster haha

d0tc0m
12-14-2015, 10:06 PM
Lol... And he HAS to be a Celina fan, I've never seen a mustang fan by that name on this site... And I'm pretty sure I know what he's talking about, but why would he?

If he's a Celina guy, I don't know him.

WOS1
12-14-2015, 10:10 PM
If he's a Celina guy, I don't know him.

Then that's really weird.

WOS1
12-14-2015, 10:10 PM
His son was a dang good receiver for the Bibcats! Wish he was on this roster haha

Does he play for Lamar?

marler1972
12-14-2015, 10:11 PM
Oh wow, how cool! Ya your uncle is sorely missed. Great coach and better person. Your family should be proud.

Thank you, I grew up watching SETX football for pretty much my whole life, I was the ball boy for SFA during all the playoffs as a young buck.
He was defiantly the type of coach that you wanted to coach your kid, he was there for the kids. My son was 2 when he passed away but he heard all the storys about him while growing up and stilll hears about him from people in that area. He is planing to follow his footsteps and go into coaching when he graduates college.

marler1972
12-14-2015, 10:16 PM
Does he play for Lamar?

He was playing but decided he had enough of football before the Baylor game. He is still going to school there. I tried to send you a private message but your box is full

JJWalker
12-14-2015, 10:48 PM

I was just using my Jedi thread skills to see the future of this thread. 😉

bobcat1
12-14-2015, 11:36 PM
I was just using my Jedi thread skills to see the future of this thread. ��Good Times speaketh.:wave:

XX Man
12-15-2015, 12:03 AM

The stats don't show that you pounded them into the ground. The stats show Gimer had almost twice as many 1st downs, 140 more total yards, 1 less interception, and Celina had 5 turnovers to Gilmer's 3. I sure don't see where Celina was pounding Celina into oblivion.
atchup
1st Downs 15 28
Total Yards 375 514
Passing 79 354
Comp-Att 9-14 28-48
Yards per pass 8.8 12.6
Interceptions thrown 3 2
Rushing 296 160
Rushing Attempts 43 42
Yards per rush 6.9 3.8
Penalties 5-51 8-76
Turnovers 5 3
Fumbles lost 2 1
Interceptions thrown 3 2

XX Man
12-15-2015, 12:08 AM
Bobcat half way through the first quarter with West Orange.

XX Man
12-15-2015, 12:18 AM
What in the literal hell are you talking about?

bullaholic asked a question, and wos_sports answered it. What do you ask what he is talking about? I might point out the point spread on all of WOS games, and also point out that once WOS got to 40, Cornel was putting the 2nd string in, to try to keep from running up the score.

XX Man
12-15-2015, 12:29 AM

If you go here, and scroll down, you can see WOS scores and what teams they played this year.
http://**********.com/ip/index.php?/topic/115373-2015-setx-high-school-football-schedulesresults/ opps. the numbers are at setxsportsdotcom

RPF2666
12-15-2015, 07:51 AM

WOS Burgers in Orange on Sunday!

d0tc0m
12-15-2015, 09:05 AM
bullaholic asked a question, and wos_sports answered it. What do you ask what he is talking about? I might point out the point spread on all of WOS games, and also point out that once WOS got to 40, Cornel was putting the 2nd string in, to try to keep from running up the score.

I understand he was trying to answer a question. But he said some pretty hilarious, non-sensical things near the end of his post, which I put in bold.

Also, Celina was about the same as WOS this season. Starters rarely saw time in the second half, except against Argyle and Gilmer, obviously.

chaingang
12-15-2015, 09:37 AM

Nah XX, he was responding to the same guy I did that posted something about what does "you guys" mean. None of us even said that anyway. LOL. Go back and look a couple pages back.

chaingang
12-15-2015, 09:40 AM

WOS Burgers in Orange on Sunday!

LOL, good one. Amazing what you can find on Google. Now to find some pics of Bobcats.........and try not to get the Celina chapter of PETA upset. haha

d0tc0m
12-15-2015, 09:48 AM
Nah XX, he was responding to the same guy I did that posted something about what does "you guys" mean. None of us even said that anyway. LOL. Go back and look a couple pages back.

chaingang
12-15-2015, 10:05 AM

I thought you replied to that same guy that I did.

d0tc0m
12-15-2015, 10:08 AM

I edited my post because I misread yours, originally. My bad.

44INAROW
12-15-2015, 11:03 AM

I edited my post because I misread yours, originally. My bad.

Group Hug :wave:

d0tc0m
12-15-2015, 11:45 AM
Group Hug :wave:

I told ya'll things would settle down by today.

BILLYFRED0000
12-15-2015, 01:32 PM

Ever hear of the div 1 finalist and defending champs Argyle. pretty dang good offense and IMHO a better O line.

d0tc0m
12-15-2015, 01:43 PM
Ever hear of the div 1 finalist and defending champs Argyle. pretty dang good offense and IMHO a better O line.

Well, Argyle is not the defending champs, but it doesn't deter your point. Also, Gilmer. I don't give a rip if they're not the 2014 Buckeyes, the 2015 version still had a lot of weapons, and one REALLY good weapon in DeMarco Boyd.

It's good that the Bobcats have faced those teams, though, because the Mustangs will have a lot of offensive weapons, as well.

BILLYFRED0000
12-15-2015, 01:45 PM
And just for a quick pitch, lets say our O-line is second to fosters but close what was the point total? 52?
And as an addendum, I think Gilmer had the better D line with Boyd and Oliveras..... who never did make any defensive plays really.

Old Green
12-15-2015, 01:55 PM

BILLYFRED0000
12-15-2015, 02:11 PM
yeah you are right about argyle... triple overtime loss wasnt it?

bulldog60
12-15-2015, 02:15 PM

Double Overtime

d0tc0m
12-15-2015, 02:15 PM

Double OT, actually. Eagles played a heck of a game. If instant replay was a viable option, or if the referees had been in position to see Dickson's TD, which was actually a touchback fumble, in the 4th quarter, perhaps we would be talking about Argyle as the defending Div. I state champs.

But I digress ...

44INAROW
12-15-2015, 02:38 PM

I had to add more butter but it's better now :1popcorn:

BILLYFRED0000
12-15-2015, 02:41 PM
I have only watched about 8 quarters of the wos film and I am impressed with their quickness.
As far as comparisons go I thought that gilmer had the better d line Demarco Boyd and Oliveras but all else on d was equal or a little in WOS favor.
As far as O lines go pretty even but WOS has better skill players but no Demarco Boyd....
Someone showed the stats for our game.
My only comment is the offense had what was probably the second worst game of the year in some regards due to turnovers however they ran all over gilmer with 260 yards,
So it was a mixed performance but not nearly as efficient as normal. Conner had 5 picks all year then that game.
I look for the offense to be more focused this week.
The D is going to have their hands full....
I do think we can generate a passrush and defend the run but coverage will have to be good or the big play could bite us.
All in all I think this will be a little tougher than Gilmer in many regards yet we beat Gilmer with 5 turnovers to their 3.
And we won the physical battle I believe although it was pretty close.... Gilmer is as tough as ever.

BILLYFRED0000
12-15-2015, 02:48 PM
MaxPreps has Argyle and Celina near equal and before the game WOS and Gilmer were near equal but we have an advantage there.
Based on what the numbers show it equates to about a 10 point advantage but computers do not play games.
Someone did bring up calpreps so I thought I would throw this out for stat guys as well.

WOS1
12-15-2015, 03:30 PM
Man you Celina guys are so cocky...
https://youtu.be/uf8c-ZpQaOc

chaingang
12-15-2015, 03:43 PM
Man you Celina guys are so cocky...

Bwhahahahahahahahaha! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

d0tc0m
12-15-2015, 03:56 PM
I have only watched about 8 quarters of the wos film and I am impressed with their quickness.
As far as comparisons go I thought that gilmer had the better d line Demarco Boyd and Oliveras but all else on d was equal or a little in WOS favor.
As far as O lines go pretty even but WOS has better skill players but no Demarco Boyd....
My only comment is the offense had what was probably the second worst game of the year in some regards due to turnovers however they ran all over gilmer with 260 yards,
So it was a mixed performance but not nearly as efficient as normal. Conner had 5 picks all year then that game.
I do think we can generate a passrush and defend the run but coverage will have to be good or the big play could bite us.
All in all I think this will be a little tougher than Gilmer in many regards yet we beat Gilmer with 5 turnovers to their 3.
And we won the physical battle I believe although it was pretty close.... Gilmer is as tough as ever.

I'm now about two games of WOS film in, as well, and we've seem some of the same things.

I think Gilmer's defensive line - and even Argyle's, for that matter - passes the eye test a bit more, althought WOS's #59 will be a load, for sure. He's quick off the snap and he flows to the ball really well. Sure tackler, aslo. Linebackers, I'd give the edge to Gilmer and Argyle. WOS will have the best secondary we've seen all year, though, I believe. Both Argyle and Gilmer have some really good, really fast kids in the defensive backfield, but these WOS kids look like they just have another gear, in all honesty. Pingleton won't be able to just assume a window is open and will stay open. Opportunities get sucked up quickly against this Mustangs secondary, because they close on the ball very quickly. He also won't be able to just throw up a 50-50 ball and hope we come down with it.

I do believe Celina can run the ball on the Mustangs. Alexander is no slouch, by any means, and Pingleton looks faster than the Cuero QB, who had his way with WOS's defense a few times. Throwing the ball may be tough, especially the deep routes. Our receivers will have to be very disciplined and on the same page as Pingleton, and I look for us to hit the short-to-mid-level routes more than anything.

On offense, the Mustangs can be scary. They have a long list of receivers who can create separation, catch well in traffic and leave you in the dust once they have the ball. And they've got a dang good QB - with probably the best name in all of Texas - that delivers strike after strike. Jack Dallas is very good. He's smart, poised, doesn't force a ton of throws and stays poised pretty much at all times.

I believe Celina can bottle up WOS's rushing attack by setting the edge, much like they did against Gilmer, and allowing Gerths and the rest of the LBs to make plays. I also think Celina can create some pressure on Dallas with a relentless pass rush. Cuero managed to do this quite a bit, actually. What we have to be careful of, however, is Dallas creating plays by extending the pocket horizontally, giving his receivers time to get vertical. Our DBs and safeties will have to be very disciplined, staying true to their coverage, not coming off their guys and allowing the d-line and backers to bottle Dallas up. Because if those receivers get a step, they're gone, and Dallas has a knack for hitting them in stride, on the money.

The other thing we'll have to get figured out is how to stop the screen game. Nearly all of Gilmer's passing success - not all, but a vast majority, especially until late in the game - came off those quick tunnel screens, slip screens and jailbreaks. Celina almost always had guys in the right positions, but we over-pursued a ton and gave up some big-chunk plays. We'll have to limit that against the Mustangs. I wouldn't be surprised to see WOS come out and try to hit a home run on some of those quick-strike screens really early. Like I said in an earlier post, their receivers play very well in space, and if they get the ball in their hands, they can cause some problems. The key will be for out DBs and backers to stay disciplined, not over-pursue, and filter those plays back into help.

I think the Gilmer game showed us some things we did well, and some things we'll need to do a lot better this week for the title. The good news is, all the mistakes I saw were very fixable. WOS will test that on Friday, for sure, but I have faith in this Celina coaching staff. I think they'll have some things tweaked and have the kids ready to play.

It's going to be a dogfight, folks. Hard to see this one not being a nailbiter just like the Gilmer game.

d0tc0m
12-15-2015, 03:57 PM
man you celina guys are so cocky...
https://youtu.be/uf8c-zpqaoc

Hahahahahahahaha ... there's so much irony involved in that post and the video, I won't even touch on it. But that got me to crack up at my desk just now.

d0tc0m
12-15-2015, 04:15 PM
I can't stop watching the video. I explained the situation and the state title game to my poor Missouri born-and-bred coworkers, then showed them the video, and they're all cracking up with me now, too.

WOS1
12-15-2015, 04:52 PM
I can't stop watching the video. I explained the situation and the state title game to my poor Missouri born-and-bred coworkers, then showed them the video, and they're all cracking up with me now, too.

I know I thought it was hilarious but some of my WOS friends don't think so. I don't see how anyone could think thats offensive but oh well.

d0tc0m
12-15-2015, 04:55 PM
I know I thought it was hilarious but some of my WOS friends don't think so. I don't see how anyone could think thats offensive but oh well.

Ah, some people need things to be cynical about.

That video is too dang funny to be offensive, and you can't take it seriously enough to be used as 'bulletin board' material.

WOS1
12-15-2015, 04:59 PM

That video is too dang funny to be offensive, and you can't take it serious enough to be used as 'bulletin board' material.

Agreed!

WOS87
12-15-2015, 05:44 PM

That video is too dang funny to be offensive, and you can't take it seriously enough to be used as 'bulletin board' material.

My name is WOS87 and I approve of this message.

*Paid for by the campaign for WO-S to win State in 2015*

44INAROW
12-15-2015, 06:25 PM
My name is WOS87 and I approve of this message.

*Paid for by the campaign for WO-S to win State in 2015*

:2thumbsup

XX Man
12-15-2015, 06:25 PM
LOL, good one. Amazing what you can find on Google. Now to find some pics of Bobcats.........and try not to get the Celina chapter of PETA upset. haha

The pic is gone, so I guess it is bobcat burgers.

XX Man
12-15-2015, 06:30 PM

Most times, when a team is having a bad game, that is because the team they are playing is countering their every move.

XX Man
12-15-2015, 06:35 PM

haha. I see the last image is Dan Hooks with his fist swinging out with the WOS ring on it. I guess that means WOS, with the ghost of Dan Hooks helping Cornel, is going to knock Celina off their block.

bobcat1
12-15-2015, 06:39 PM

haha. I see the last image is Dan Hooks with his fist swinging out with the WOS ring on it. I guess that means WOS, with the ghost of Dan Hooks helping Cornel, is going to knock Celina off their block.
This video is private.

Sorry about that.

Can you make that signature picture bigger please. That way there would only be one comment per page

XX Man
12-15-2015, 06:57 PM
This video is private.

Sorry about that.

Can you make that signature picture bigger please. That way there would only be one comment per page

haha! It's not very private. Did you see Dave Campbell's analysis and prediction?

XX Man
12-15-2015, 06:58 PM
This video is private.

Sorry about that.

Sorry about the picture. I just cannot get that picture of a worn out bobcat chained down, out of my mind.

d0tc0m
12-15-2015, 07:10 PM
Sorry about the picture. I just cannot get that picture of a worn out bobcat chained down, out of my mind.

Enjoy it while you can. Better bring that picture with you to NRG Friday.

wos_sports
12-15-2015, 07:40 PM
Nah we would rather the live picture on Friday... You will see! But it sounds like you have been doing your homework and know the truth. Keep watching that film

RPF2666
12-15-2015, 08:40 PM
I just hope the Mustangs don't go straight to the glue factory after the game! They'll at least deserve a good night's rest after being rode hard and put away wet by the Bobcats! 🐯

XX Man
12-15-2015, 08:58 PM
haha. We'll see.

RPF2666
12-15-2015, 09:13 PM
Indeed! Ought be a dandy!🐯>🐴

bobcat1
12-15-2015, 11:35 PM
haha! It's not very private. Did you see Dave Campbell's analysis and prediction?

What I meant by private, when I clicked on the link it said it was private on YouTube. Oh by the way. Heard they keep the Bobcats chained up until gametime so you pic must have been made during the week.

WOS87
12-16-2015, 12:34 AM
Seriously outside of the one-uppage and butthurtage that's going on here... I'd like to have a downlow and if s e t x sports.com is interested in participating... have a meet up with posters that will be at NRG. I live 5 minutes from there and will be there. We just need to have a time and a place to congregate without fistfights breaking out and/or arguments about Cajun cuisine. I sat on the Cuero side in the WOS/Cuero game and I didn't get threatened once. I'm up for any ideas on the matter. BTW Celina fans... feel free to visit their site. They are dying for some Celina peeps with whom to have serious discussions. (sorry Mike and Todd ;) ). I feel the need to share the wealth.

LionFan72
12-16-2015, 05:01 AM
Very well could be the game of Championship week. Maybe, just maybe, WOS can slow the locomotion of Celina down enough to keep that offense of Orange on the sidelines watching, better hope they do anyway... could get into a high scoring, hard hitting duel.

I'm in for overtime in this one, WOS 45-42.

RPF2666
12-16-2015, 06:33 AM
Seriously outside of the one-uppage and butthurtage that's going on here... I'd like to have a downlow and if s e t x sports.com is interested in participating... have a meet up with posters that will be at NRG. I live 5 minutes from there and will be there. We just need to have a time and a place to congregate without fistfights breaking out and/or arguments about Cajun cuisine. I sat on the Cuero side in the WOS/Cuero game and I didn't get threatened once. I'm up for any ideas on the matter. BTW Celina fans... feel free to visit their site. They are dying for some Celina peeps with whom to have serious discussions. (sorry Mike and Todd ;) ). I feel the need to share the wealth.

Sounds great! Maybe between 4A games?

bobcat1
12-16-2015, 07:45 AM
Does WOS stand for wall of shame?:thinking:;)

chaingang
12-16-2015, 09:33 AM
Does WOS stand for wall of shame?:thinking:;)

LOL!! Weve heard a ton of them growing up, especially from our bitter rival, Little Cypress Mauriceville. But I havent head that one!! Good one. Im not going to tell you the others but I will tell you what It really stands for

Winners Of State

chaingang
12-16-2015, 09:35 AM
Let me rephrase that, our very very lop-sided, but still bitter rivalry with LCM. lol

marler1972
12-16-2015, 10:16 AM

Bobcats head over to the site WOS87 is talking about. Go to the site I don't think most of the WOS fans can't find this site, they are real close to Louisiana if you know what I mean.

chaingang
12-16-2015, 10:30 AM
LOL!! Man arent you from our neck of the woods? And its a whole lot better than being close to Oklabloma!

wos_sports
12-16-2015, 10:42 AM
Bobcats head over to the site WOS87 is talking about. Go to the site I don't think most of the WOS fans can't find this site, they are real close to Louisiana if you know what I mean.

A lot of them don't have an email address that will work for registration. They use free email domains and don't want to use things such as work emails.

marler1972
12-16-2015, 11:01 AM
LOL!! Man arent you from our neck of the woods? And its a whole lot better than being close to Oklabloma!

No but I have family down there.......LOL

chaingang
12-16-2015, 11:03 AM
LOL!! Weve heard a ton of them growing up, especially from our bitter rival, Little Cypress Mauriceville. But I havent head that one!! Good one. Im not going to tell you the others but I will tell you what It really stands for

Winners Of State

or Winners Of Superbowls.........we have 4 Super Bowl rings. How many does Celina have??

chaingang
12-16-2015, 11:03 AM
And should be 5 Super Bowl rings. Stupid Pete Carroll!

marler1972
12-16-2015, 11:08 AM
And should be 5 Super Bowl rings. Stupid Pete Carroll!

We have a couple of Super bowl rings, Anthony Lynn played for the Broncos, but we have 8 football state champion rings, 1 baseball state champion ring, 1 softball state champion ring, a few Track and field/Cross country rings. I think I got them all.

AggiesAreWe
12-16-2015, 03:58 PM

Bring 'em on '87. We will give those Bobcat fans a warm welcome. ;)

XX Man
12-16-2015, 04:36 PM
We have a couple of Super bowl rings, Anthony Lynn played for the Broncos, but we have 8 football state champion rings, 1 baseball state champion ring, 1 softball state champion ring, a few Track and field/Cross country rings. I think I got them all.

You can look at the bottom of WOS87's posts to see the WOS Football record. I am unsure of the State appearances in other sports, except for Track, in which WOS smoked others over a number of times.

WOS87
12-16-2015, 04:51 PM
You can look at the bottom of WOS87's posts to see the WOS Football record. I am unsure of the State appearances in other sports, except for Track, in which WOS smoked others over a number of times.

We were decent in baseball in the 1980's but last year was our first trip to the baseball championship game. Haven't made much noise in basketball ever really. Silsbee, Beaumont Ozen and Central are the Setx basketball powers. Our Band was in the finals in the '80s and we were pretty awesome in academic UIL events in the '80s as well (thanks partially to my nerdy self). Our only athletic titles are in track and field, weightlifting and football.

chaingang
12-16-2015, 05:54 PM

Track was 3 peat. 9,10,11 I believe. And thought we lost in the Baseball state game in 91.

marler1972
12-16-2015, 06:17 PM
Track was 3 peat. 9,10,11 I believe. And thought we lost in the Baseball state game in 91.

and guess who won it in 12!! Thats right Celina

WOS87
12-16-2015, 06:18 PM

It was the Semis against one of those Mesquiter teams

XX Man
12-16-2015, 06:56 PM
and guess who won it in 12!! Thats right Celina

Guess who WOS's go to pitcher was last year, when we went to State Playoffs? The same man that is throwing TD passes for WOS, Jack Dallas.

WOS1
12-16-2015, 06:57 PM

We have 5 suites on the WOS side. That maybe a good place to do it!

WOS1
12-16-2015, 06:59 PM

Winners Of State

Nice!

marler1972
12-16-2015, 07:14 PM
Guess who WOS's go to pitcher was last year, when we went to State Playoffs? The same man that is throwing TD passes for WOS, Jack Dallas.

you mean he will be throwing INT's?

WOS87
12-16-2015, 07:51 PM
you mean he will be throwing INT's?

Insane Nonstop Touchdowns? YES... he will ;)

chaingang
12-16-2015, 08:16 PM
Celina is in for a rude awakening come Friday. They won't know what hit them.

RPF2666
12-16-2015, 09:10 PM
Celina is in for a rude awakening come Friday. They won't know what hit them.

Right back 'ATCHA' on that one! 'Eye Opening' is the term that comes to mind for me!

RPF2666
12-16-2015, 09:14 PM
When an insane amount of commitment, dedication, perseverance, intestinal fortitude, preparation,
blood, sweat and tears all come together= Luck

I believe the Celina Bobcats get Lucky on Friday!

Go Bobcats!!! Bring home #9!!!

CHS_89
12-16-2015, 09:23 PM
Agree...bring home #9. Go Celina.