PDA

View Full Version : Argyle (14-1) vs La Vega (15-0) 2015 4A DI STATE FINALS

Pages : [1] 2

WOS87
12-11-2015, 11:54 PM
Let's get it started!

Tejastrue
12-12-2015, 12:11 AM
The Pirates need some new feather dressing for their hats. Why not Eagle feathers. lol. As I mentioned earlier this season...this is not your typical La Vega team. They have moxie and contrary to some beliefs, discipline.

Dawgs
12-12-2015, 12:20 AM
I won't count Argyle out, but it's going to take a special performance for somebody in 4a to beat La Vega. Should be a heck of a ballgame.

Rocket Man
12-12-2015, 12:47 AM
I'm all in with La Vega! Don't let up, one more game to go.

Wayne
12-12-2015, 01:18 AM
Definitely looking forward to the challenge against LaVaga. We will show up and we will play till the clock runs out. May the best team win.

bobcat1
12-12-2015, 01:39 AM
Congrats Argyle Eagles 4 times out of 5 years playing in the last game of the year. Awesome year Wylie!

briandumith*
12-12-2015, 01:41 AM
This is the first time I will pick against big A... other than Graham games of coarse. I just think its LV's year....

bobcat1
12-12-2015, 02:04 AM
This is the first time I will pick against big A... other than Graham games of coarse. I just think its LV's year....
I beg to differ. Hard to kill these Eagles. Eagles win.

JVDAD
12-12-2015, 03:54 AM
We'll since the Eagles did the impossible and beat the unbeatable Wylie Bird Dogs... I gotta say Argyle wins going away 77-0.....

Ok maybe not, sticking with the Eagles 34-21.

HEMOTOXIC
12-12-2015, 08:28 AM
We'll since the Eagles did the impossible and beat the unbeatable Wylie Bird Dogs... I gotta say Argyle wins going away 77-0.....

Ok maybe not, sticking with the Eagles 34-21.

Do you really expect LaVega to give up that many points? Seriously?

orange machine
12-12-2015, 10:32 AM
I'm gonna try to make this game also go Eagles!!!

Rabid Cougar
12-12-2015, 10:47 AM
I will continue to preach.... MODOC!

Celina8
12-12-2015, 10:50 AM
Have to pull for Argyle as bobcat1 said 4 out of 5yrs playing in the State Championship game is awsome....Come on Argyle bring that Title back to Denton County!!!!

Wayne
12-12-2015, 10:55 AM
It's going to be a tough task to beat Waco LaVaga, but this whole playoff year has been tough. We're up for the challenge and expect to see a very good game between 2 very good teams. We will definitely stick around to support are neighbor Celina Bobcats go for #9

JVDAD
12-12-2015, 11:12 AM
Do you really expect LaVega to give up that many points? Seriously?

RANT WARNING! 70 no that was a joke. 34 maybe? No statistical data to back it up, but they have given up some points to lesser opponents earlier in the year and I give the coaching edge to Argyle and fully expect them to find a weakness to exploit. #2 as with many my last memory of La Vega was of a brash undisciplined football team and just really don't want them to win. I hope that is not the case anymore as HS sports are one of the last footholds of true sportsmanship and humility win or lose, fans excluded of course. Call me old school but I don't even like it when players are trying to pump up the fans, they need to worry about the job at hand. Our kids were doing it a few weeks ago against Brownwood, still don't like it....grrrrr middle aged old fart. Anyway as fan hope for a great injury free, well played respectful game.

Rabid Cougar
12-12-2015, 12:18 PM
RANT WARNING! 70 no that was a joke. 34 maybe? No statistical data to back it up, but they have given up some points to lesser opponents earlier in the year and I give the coaching edge to Argyle and fully expect them to find a weakness to exploit. #2 as with many my last memory of La Vega was of a brash undisciplined football team and just really don't want them to win. I hope that is not the case anymore as HS sports are one of the last footholds of true sportsmanship and humility win or lose, fans excluded of course. Call me old school but I don't even like it when players are trying to pump up the fans, they need to worry about the job at hand. Our kids were doing it a few weeks ago against Brownwood, still don't like it....grrrrr middle aged old fart. Anyway as fan hope for a great injury free, well played respectful game.

Good GOD..... WTH are you talking about? Lavega is not more undisciplined than any other high school in Texes. You have no idea what these kids are like. I have watched them for years and have never seen any thing like what you are insinuating.

d0tc0m
12-12-2015, 12:19 PM
Call me old school but I don't even like it when players are trying to pump up the fans, they need to worry about the job at hand. Our kids were doing it a few weeks ago against Brownwood, still don't like it....grrrrr middle aged old fart.

I agreed with most of what you said. But you lost me right here ... If you think kids pumping up the fans is an indicator that they're not focused on the job at hand, then ... well, I just don't know what to tell you, other than you need to go on, lay down some of that middle-agedness and let it go, because that's just downright silly. Football is an emotional game, and if you're not playing with emotion, then you're doing it wrong. The pumping up the fans is just an outward sign of that emotion a lot of times.

panfan
12-12-2015, 12:42 PM

Undisciplined does not equate to unsportsmanlike.

Rabid Cougar
12-12-2015, 12:55 PM
I will say this ...Argyle will not complete a downfield pass against Cobb.

regaleagle
12-12-2015, 01:09 PM
La Vega has already proven they are THE team to beat.....they seem to have it all. BUT.....not so fast, as Lee Corso says, haha. IF there is another team in 4A-D1 that could scheme to slow down this season's Pirates attack, it would be Argyle OC Greg Mouser and the Argyle Eagles defense. The Eagles offense will do what they do to score some points......whatever kind of adjustments that may require. Argyle has a very balanced attack, a very good dual-threat qb, and a very good set of RB's in Sweatt, Estrada, and McCook. All three can run the ball effectively and all three have excellent speed and very good moves in space. The exact same can be said of Ledford when he keeps it. Then there's also those same 3 plus JC Chalk and Scott Smith that can all catch the ball and run. Argyle is very good about getting the ball to their speedy players in space and letting those guys use their speed and moves in the open field. Every one of them has great hands. Argyle has some excellent speed in the secondary as well. Dylan Sadler, Spencer Cullen, and Gage Campbell in the secondary can run with the best of them. Linebackers Hudson Speed, Shane McKinney, and Pierce Davies can fill those holes and cover the edges with speed also....not to mention getting into the backfield fast. Don't think this Argyle Eagles team cannot match up with a speedy team.....they can. They also play technique very well, communicate together on the field well, and play good solid team defense. This should be a good game to watch.

regaleagle
12-12-2015, 01:13 PM
I will say this ...Argyle will not complete a downfield pass against Cobb.

And I will say that is a very BOLD statement, sir. Ledford can and will throw accurately on the run and should at sometime in the game become a threat with his feet to allow one of the Eagles recievers to come open late. JC Chalk and Estrada both know how to go up and get the ball in traffic, as does Gage McCook.

Aesculus gilmus
12-12-2015, 01:15 PM
Don't think this Argyle Eagles team cannot match up with a speedy team.....they can. They also play technique very well, communicate together on the field well, and play good solid team defense. This should be a good game to watch.

Argyle will win if the officials don't blow it again. Everyone who watched the Navasota game this time last year knows the Eagles should be going for back-to-back titles Friday.

regaleagle
12-12-2015, 01:16 PM
Besides, all three will come back to the ball if need be.....and Ledford has been known to purposely throw the ball short or low on occasions to give his receivers a chance to make a play.

regaleagle
12-12-2015, 01:18 PM
I see La Vega as a team not dissimilar to the one that LE had this season. Argyle got the job done against LE.....it was very close!

Rabid Cougar
12-12-2015, 01:19 PM
And I will say that is a very BOLD statement, sir. Ledford can and will throw accurately on the run and should at sometime in the game become a threat with his feet to allow one of the Eagles recievers to come open late. JC Chalk and Estrada both know how to go up and get the ball in traffic, as does Gage McCook.

They have never played against Mr. Cobb

JVDAD
12-12-2015, 01:21 PM
I agreed with most of what you said. But you lost me right here ... If you think kids pumping up the fans is an indicator that they're not focused on the job at hand, then ... well, I just don't know what to tell you, other than you need to go on, lay down some of that middle-agedness and let it go, because that's just downright silly. Football is an emotional game, and if you're not playing with emotion, then you're doing it wrong. The pumping up the fans is just an outward sign of that emotion a lot of times.

To each his own, i understand the emotion I just want to see if focused on the other team not looking up at the fans waving their arms emulating the stuff they see on TV.

regaleagle
12-12-2015, 01:21 PM
They have never played against Mr. Cobb

Same can be said for the entire La Vega team against Argyle's players.....we have that chance to see what happens now. Still a very bold statement, regardless.....bulletin board stuff, haha.

JVDAD
12-12-2015, 01:24 PM
Good GOD..... WTH are you talking about? Lavega is not more undisciplined than any other high school in Texes. You have no idea what these kids are like. I have watched them for years and have never seen any thing like what you are insinuating.

I hope I am wrong, admittedly I haven't seen the in a few years. But the last team that we played was pretty brash and cocky.

regaleagle
12-12-2015, 01:29 PM
Argyle will be ALL BUSINESS when they arrive on the field to warm-up in the pregame.....and will get ready mentally to RUUUUUMMMMBLE!!!!

regaleagle
12-12-2015, 01:33 PM
The best thing that can happen for Argyle is for them to be questioned publicly about how much speed, skill, and tenacity they have as a team.

Aesculus gilmus
12-12-2015, 01:42 PM
The best thing that can happen for Argyle is for them to be questioned publicly about how much speed, skill, and tenacity they have as a team.

Argyle is not going to sneak up on anyone anymore. They are a perennial power and everyone knows it. I watched the Argyle players repeatedly catch Liberty-Eylau players from behind last week. They'll do the same thing to La Vega. I repeat. Only the officiating crew can cost you the game.

d0tc0m
12-12-2015, 01:51 PM
To each his own, i understand the emotion I just want to see if focused on the other team not looking up at the fans waving their arms emulating the stuff they see on TV.

LoL, it's not really to each his own. This is just a flat wrong and baseless sentiment.

Dawgs
12-12-2015, 02:03 PM
Argyle is not going to sneak up on anyone anymore. They are a perennial power and everyone knows it. I watched the Argyle players repeatedly catch Liberty-Eylau players from behind last week. They'll do the same thing to La Vega. I repeat. Only the officiating crew can cost you the game.
There is not a player in 4a that will catch Parish Cobb #4 from behind. I would like to see LV win for the simple fact they took us behind the woodshed. I know Argyle will be ready, I just haven't seen a team as big and as fast as LV in a while. Think Carthage up front and Gilmer skill positions from most years. Give Scott Surratt that group I saw last night for a season and he is competing in 5a way deep in the playoffs.

Dawgs
12-12-2015, 02:17 PM
After sometime to digest the game last night I got a couple things. 1st Carthage did a bad job of stopping the run. Which we struggled all year doing. We had a ton of injuries on the defensive side of the ball and it caught up with us last night. To beat LV you have to stop the run. 2nd we let them get out in space, that's not a good idea. They had 4 or 5 guys faster than anybody we had. Don't know about Argyle, but I just don't believe any team has speed like LV at this level. Now on offense we never got into a rhythm. There were plays to be made on them in the passing game. We had open receivers but just couldn't hit them when needed. Don't get me wrong coverage was tight, but there were windows. With an accurate passer throwing timing routes and occasional deep balls you can have success against them. Our QB was not accurate last night, and I felt like our receivers were giving up on catchable balls. Don't know if the secondary got in their head or not, but that didn't look like the same passing attack we have seen in the playoffs. I thought our oline did a good job giving out QB time, it was just honestly an off night <--- which I give a ton of credit to LV defense for that. We really missed 28 last night. He would have been able to matchup with those boys in the speed category. I think he could've taken a couple of runs to the house early, and it might have been a different game. We had zero momentum the entire game. It honestly felt like it was 100 to nothing. I know Arglye will be prepared, but I don't know if preparedness is enough. You better have the jimmies and joes to matchup or it won't be enough. Sometimes coaching just isn't enough when you are overmatched player wise. Argyle has to be very accurate in the passing game, establish a running game, stop there running game, and get some momentum early. If you make there QB beat you he will make some mistakes. They didn't need him last night. Good luck to both teams. I will be watching on this 60". Got the DVR set already so I can watch it a few times if needed.

Dawgs
12-12-2015, 02:25 PM
I see La Vega as a team not dissimilar to the one that LE had this season. Argyle got the job done against LE.....it was very close!

I wouldn't count on LV and LE being similar.

regaleagle
12-12-2015, 02:35 PM

Well......shucks!!! :doh: :ack!: :bigcry: :smoker:

JVDAD
12-12-2015, 02:36 PM
LoL, it's not really to each his own. This is just a flat wrong and baseless sentiment.

Baseless AND arbitrary! Most opinions are! I will agree to disagree with you on this one. Good luck to your team this week, saw them play Monahans earlier this season.

Dawgs
12-12-2015, 02:43 PM

Argyle will have a tall task, but if any team can do it, it's them. The Eagles have proven to be able to matchup with anybody year in and year out.

slingshot
12-12-2015, 03:04 PM
I've got Argyle in a low scoring defensive game...

bobcat1
12-12-2015, 03:11 PM
OMGgosh

bobcat1
12-12-2015, 03:15 PM
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj52/dogncar1/ef9a3d475aac442a580ff988ef4a1355_zpslflyoq7i.jpg

Aesculus gilmus
12-12-2015, 03:22 PM

You didn't correct me earlier. Had the officials not robbed Argyle last year, you'd be going for a THREEPEAT, not merely back-to-back.

regaleagle
12-12-2015, 05:57 PM
You didn't correct me earlier. Had the officials not robbed Argyle last year, you'd be going for a THREEPEAT, not merely back-to-back.

I just feel total sympathy for Coach Rodgers, his son Cooper, and all those seniors last year......but esp. Coach Rodgers and Cooper. :confused:

Eagle Nation
12-12-2015, 06:24 PM
I'll go with 17-14 Argyle. I see defensive battle. Field position will be a big factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

regaleagle
12-12-2015, 06:27 PM
Anybody know who will be home team in this one?

LEFAN80
12-12-2015, 10:42 PM

Very similar to be true too big strong fast teams and Yal caught one player from behind and he was our slowest wide receiver #3 or #4 would've housed it lol

Aguilafanatico
12-12-2015, 10:59 PM
Very similar to be true too big strong fast teams and Yal caught one player from behind and he was our slowest wide receiver #3 or #4 would've housed it lol

LE is definitely bigger. Seen them both. Not that it matters

LEFAN80
12-12-2015, 11:04 PM
LE and LV are Very similar teams too big strong fast teams but they will attack you diffrent LE is more Air Raid at times! And as far as Argyle goes yal have speed but caught one player from behind and he was our slowest wide receiver happened all year but #3 or #4 would've housed it! Freeman didn't get caught from behind either but you guys do well against speedy teams that's why I can't count y'all out!

And you Carthage fans are getting annoying you don't play us, how do you know how good we are or who we compare too we have 7 or 8 kids who will sign D1 scholars this year and a Texas Committ who is only a jr. La Vega has some D1 caliber players also, BTW there's not a team in 4A who could've held us to 3 points this year not even close

Aguilafanatico
12-12-2015, 11:07 PM
I
After sometime to digest the game last night I got a couple things. 1st Carthage did a bad job of stopping the run. Which we struggled all year doing. We had a ton of injuries on the defensive side of the ball and it caught up with us last night. To beat LV you have to stop the run. 2nd we let them get out in space, that's not a good idea. They had 4 or 5 guys faster than anybody we had. Don't know about Argyle, but I just don't believe any team has speed like LV at this level. Now on offense we never got into a rhythm. There were plays to be made on them in the passing game. We had open receivers but just couldn't hit them when needed. Don't get me wrong coverage was tight, but there were windows. With an accurate passer throwing timing routes and occasional deep balls you can have success against them. Our QB was not accurate last night, and I felt like our receivers were giving up on catchable balls. Don't know if the secondary got in their head or not, but that didn't look like the same passing attack we have seen in the playoffs. I thought our oline did a good job giving out QB time, it was just honestly an off night <--- which I give a ton of credit to LV defense for that. We really missed 28 last night. He would have been able to matchup with those boys in the speed category. I think he could've taken a couple of runs to the house early, and it might have been a different game. We had zero momentum the entire game. It honestly felt like it was 100 to nothing. I know Arglye will be prepared, but I don't know if preparedness is enough. You better have the jimmies and joes to matchup or it won't be enough. Sometimes coaching just isn't enough when you are overmatched player wise. Argyle has to be very accurate in the passing game, establish a running game, stop there running game, and get some momentum early. If you make there QB beat you he will make some mistakes. They didn't need him last night. Good luck to both teams. I will be watching on this 60". Got the DVR set already so I can watch it a few times if needed.

So I heard from a reliable source that you guys were down 9 starters in the game last night. Is that correct?

LEFAN80
12-12-2015, 11:10 PM
Didn't realize #7 got banged up in our game the kid is a warrior but he took some shots earned every yard! Tell me y'all will have a small back next year lol! Honestly tho I hope you guys win it all man to atleast say we lost to the best team!

LEFAN80
12-12-2015, 11:13 PM
LE is definitely bigger. Seen them both. Not that it matters

Right!

Dawgs
12-12-2015, 11:40 PM
LE and LV are Very similar teams too big strong fast teams but they will attack you diffrent LE is more Air Raid at times! And as far as Argyle goes yal have speed but caught one player from behind and he was our slowest wide receiver happened all year but #3 or #4 would've housed it! Freeman didn't get caught from behind either but you guys do well against speedy teams that's why I can't count y'all out!

And you Carthage fans are getting annoying you don't play us, how do you know how good we are or who we compare too we have 7 or 8 kids who will sign D1 scholars this year and a Texas Committ who is only a jr. La Vega has some D1 caliber players also, BTW there's not a team in 4A who could've held us to 3 points this year not even close

When has a Carthage fan said anything about LE except for they didn't play similar to LE. You mad guy? I never compared Carthage to LE. I don't know if there was a team that could hold yall to 3 points nor do I care. You sure are defensive. You can't win your region or a state title with 7-8 D1 commits? That's pretty bad. You give programs like Carthage, Gilmer, or Argyle that much talent they run through the state playoffs. Sounds like an LE problem. Carthage was Region 3 champs and LE was nothing more than district champs. That's a fact. Now back to LV vs Argyle. Should be a great game. I'll take LV in a close one.

Dawgs
12-12-2015, 11:42 PM
I

So I heard from a reliable source that you guys were down 9 starters in the game last night. Is that correct?

Correct. That was 9 players who had started at some point in the season. Surratt said we had more injuries this year than in our 4 championship years combined. But that's part of football. No excuses in title town. We will be back stronger than ever next year. A lot of young players got a ton of experience as a result of those 9 starters being out. Might be a blessing in disguise.

Aguilafanatico
12-12-2015, 11:50 PM
Correct. That was 9 players who had started at some point in the season. Surratt said we had more injuries this year than in our 4 championship years combined. But that's part of football.

Yes, but also helps explain 39-3. Not many 4A teams could compete at this level after losing close to half their starters. That's tough to overcome. Great season!

Dawgs
12-12-2015, 11:54 PM
Yes, but also helps explain 39-3. Not many 4A teams could compete at this level after losing close to half their starters. That's tough to overcome. Great season!
Thanks. Proud of this group of seniors and this team. That's what great programs do. I wouldn't expect anything less from Argyle had they been in the same situation. Nothing but respect for you guys. Argyle is the class of 4a D1 currently. Hopefully Carthage can build on this season and get back to the big dance next year.

Caveman
12-13-2015, 12:09 PM
Whatever.

Caveman
12-13-2015, 12:17 PM
Well I can't get on to vote so I'll just say Argyle because Coach Rogers' wife is prettier than Coach Williams'.:)

regaleagle
12-13-2015, 02:37 PM
Let's try this once more>>>>>>Does anybody know who will be home team???

pirate4state
12-13-2015, 02:55 PM
Go pirates!!!

RPF2666
12-13-2015, 03:08 PM
[QUOTE=regaleagle;1891229]Let's try this once more>>>>>>Does anybody know who will be home team???[/QUOT
Region 1/2 is home team this year...

RkptFltn
12-14-2015, 10:23 AM
Lets go Region 4!!

Aesculus gilmus
12-14-2015, 12:32 PM
https://youtu.be/oBoh-7BH1Q0

Cam
12-14-2015, 12:56 PM
I will continue to preach.... MODOC!

.....as in the native American Modoc people??...:vrycnfsd:.....

Rabid Cougar
12-14-2015, 01:47 PM
.....as in the native American Modoc people??...:vrycnfsd:.....

NOOOO. Modoc Pirates. How ever the hell they came up with that I have no idea. It's what they have called themselves for years.

firstdown
12-14-2015, 02:40 PM
https://youtu.be/oBoh-7BH1Q0

Thanks for the film. I don't know much about the pirates, but they don't look like anything different then what we've seen so far in the playoffs.

Aguilafanatico
12-14-2015, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the film. I don't know much about the pirates, but they don't look like anything different then what we've seen so far in the playoffs.

:iagree:

waterboy
12-14-2015, 03:44 PM
I must admit, when I saw the score of last week's Carthage / La Vega game I didn't think Argyle had a very good chance at winning. After watching the video, it looks to me like Carthage didn't bring their A game this past Friday. I've seen them perform much better. Give credit to La Vega for being well prepared, and for taking it to the Dawgs. It definitely looks like the Pirates have a definite speed advantage, but that doesn't always translate into winning.

I think Argyle will perform much better, and they have some unfinished business in the title game. I think this game will go down to the wire, and it would be just plain silly to think that Argyle doesn't have a good chance in this one. I think Argyle will hit the majority of those plays that Carthage missed offensively, and if it comes down to the kicking game, Argyle will win.

I look for this game to be very similar to the L-E / Argyle game in that the defenses will have a tough time stopping their opponent's offense most of the time, and turnovers and miscues will ultimately decide the game.

I won't make my pick until later in the week, however, because La Vega is definitely legit, and I need to mull it over. :D

cowboyandchrist
12-14-2015, 05:56 PM
I must admit, when I saw the score of last week's Carthage / La Vega game I didn't think Argyle had a very good chance at winning. After watching the video, it looks to me like Carthage didn't bring their A game this past Friday. I've seen them perform much better. Give credit to La Vega for being well prepared, and for taking it to the Dawgs. It definitely looks like the Pirates have a definite speed advantage, but that doesn't always translate into winning.

I think Argyle will perform much better, and they have some unfinished business in the title game. I think this game will go down to the wire, and it would be just plain silly to think that Argyle doesn't have a good chance in this one. I think Argyle will hit the majority of those plays that Carthage missed offensively, and if it comes down to the kicking game, Argyle will win.

I look for this game to be very similar to the L-E / Argyle game in that the defenses will have a tough time stopping their opponent's offense most of the time, and turnovers and miscues will ultimately decide the game.

I won't make my pick until later in the week, however, because La Vega is definitely legit, and I need to mull it over. :D

The Dawgs always scored in the playoffs when the defense made the big stop on fourth down. We did not against La Vega, that was the difference in the game. La Vega was the much better team on that night. I believe the Eagles can beat La Vega, they have already beaten a team in LE that has the same type speed on both sides of the ball. I said it on Smoaky and I will say it here, if Argyle stops the run and do not let the receivers get behind them they win. I do not believe they can stop each other from scoring, the question in my mind is can Argyle keep one score a head of La Vega. Two really good football teams and I believe Argyle wins in a last drive of the fourth quarter. Argyle 34 La Vega 31. God Bless players, coaches, and fans.

Dawgs
12-14-2015, 09:30 PM

Not taking anything away from La Vega, but after I have had some time to watch the game again I think Carthage played one of their worst games of the season. We missed a ton of plays. Look, they took it to us and gave us an old fashioned ass kickin, but we were so inaccurate and inconsistent in the passing game it's not even funny. I obviously know that had alot to do with their secondary, but there were open plays. Tight windows, and tough throws but regardless they were there. It's on the tape. If Argyle has an accurate QB and can stop the run game I think they win after more time to think about it. I know they will play disciplined mistake free football, that's a given. It's going to be tough to overcome the intangibles that La Vega has with the size and speed, but if anybody can do it I believe in Argyle. Just don't let them boys get out into space!

Dawgs
12-14-2015, 09:36 PM

I don't think it will be as high scoring as the LE Argyle game. I think more like the Wylie Argyle game. 1st to 24 wins. But hell I don't know. I guess we will find out on Friday anyway.

regaleagle
12-14-2015, 11:19 PM
Their skill players are all very good in open space. They will wait for the block then make the move, or just take off when they see daylight and use that speed to get past the tackler. On a one on one in open space, it will be tough to make open field tackles without help closing on the play. Their qb is the Coach's son and does a good job controlling the action, but he also has quickness if Argyle pressures him. Should be a great game to watch to see how Argyle handles their skill players and to see how they handle Argyle's attack. I agree that you must shut down their ability to run the corners and watch for the seams that open up on a corner run. Argyle should be good up the middle.

Looks like none of them mind doing a little dancing around in the open field to get their opening.

Tejastrue
12-14-2015, 11:35 PM
Kudos to Argyle for making yet another SC appearance..very special...with that said I believe this is the year of the La Vega Pirates and Argyle will suffer their worst defeat "point wise" ever in an SC title game.

regaleagle
12-14-2015, 11:44 PM
Kudos to Argyle for making yet another SC appearance..very special...with that said I believe this is the year of the La Vega Pirates and Argyle will suffer their worst defeat "point wise" ever in an SC title game.

The entire Argyllian nation greatly appreciates such a timely statement on this board from one of its better posters, Tejastrue......especially on a Monday before the big game, haha. Just the kind of stuff I was hoping for. Argyle just loves to be challenged from all doubters. :wave: :cool: :smoker:

Tejastrue
12-14-2015, 11:50 PM
If I'm not mistaken..the losses have all been close so it can't be all that bad. One in particular I remember. :wave: If it takes an old fart like me to get that team motivated then it's already too late. :stirpot:

regaleagle
12-14-2015, 11:53 PM
If I'm not mistaken..the losses have all been close so it can't be all that bad. One in particular I remember. :wave: If it takes an old fart like me to get that team motivated then it's already too late. :stirpot:

Argyle is not that particular about using "old farts" like us for motivation, Tejas. They will look for any motivation wherever they can find it, LOL.

regaleagle
12-14-2015, 11:56 PM
For all you fans out there that love to watch Western movies>>>>>this may be the Shootout at NRG Stadium at HIGH NOON on Friday......don't miss it!!!

Wayne
12-15-2015, 06:29 PM
Can't wait!

RPF2666
12-15-2015, 09:18 PM
Pulling for the North!

hollywood
12-15-2015, 09:58 PM
For all you fans out there that love to watch Western movies>>>>>this may be the Shootout at NRG Stadium at HIGH NOON on Friday......don't miss it!!!

Hahaha.. Love the analogy regal.

What's your favorite?

regaleagle
12-15-2015, 11:28 PM
Hahaha.. Love the analogy regal.

What's your favorite?

An impossible question to answer for a true western fan.....there are just so many over the many years. But I do love the westerns. GO EAGLES!!!

regaleagle
12-15-2015, 11:31 PM
On a side note, last year's Argyle/Navasota game will be replaying at 3 pm Wednesday(tomorrow) on FSSW. I think Argyle wins this one, but then there is a wrench thrown into the works and the result changes to the chagrin of most rabid Texas High School football fans.

I would classify it as a "horror" flick, LOL!!

LionFan72
12-16-2015, 04:52 AM
THE Game of the Year, just as it should be! Both teams are proven and tested at this late stage, whoever wins deserves it!

I've watched LaVega improve al year long, coming out of the darkness and beaming straight to the SC! Argyle has stayed steady and true all year long! Here's to a fantastic mano a mano war!

Think Argyle wins by 6, giving 3 to the refs!!

slingshot
12-16-2015, 09:17 AM
I really think Argyle wins this one a little more comfortably than most think... 14-17 points sounds about right.

Caveman
12-16-2015, 09:30 AM
Argyle can't possibly win. Only their kicker made first team. According to the AP state picks Kennedale and Liberty Eylau should be in the SC. In fact Argyle shouldn't have been in the SC the past 4 times. How could we? We only get our kickers on the team. I mean c'mon, why should Ian Sadler have been anything higher than an honorable mention. 4 SC appearances 11 all-state selections. How can Argyle possibly win?

slingshot
12-16-2015, 11:18 AM
Argyle can't possibly win. Only their kicker made first team. According to the AP state picks Kennedale and Liberty Eylau should be in the SC. In fact Argyle shouldn't have been in the SC the past 4 times. How could we? We only get our kickers on the team. I mean c'mon, why should Ian Sadler have been anything higher than an honorable mention. 4 SC appearances 11 all-state selections. How can Argyle possibly win?Same here. Not a single 1st or 2nd team all state player from Wylie. :rolleyes: We were just a figment of your imagination...

Rabid Cougar
12-16-2015, 11:35 AM
You did notice not a single a LaVega player on any team.

Aguilafanatico
12-16-2015, 11:45 AM
You did notice not a single a LaVega player on any team.

Noticed that. Did you notice Kennedale has 8 more players on the APSE list than both sc teams combined?

Aguilafanatico
12-16-2015, 11:47 AM
Noticed that. Did you notice Kennedale has 8 more players on the APSE list than both sc teams combined?

Certainly no offense to the Kennedale players recognized. A really good team for sure.

Caveman
12-16-2015, 12:18 PM

Did you notice 2 Wilmer Hutchins DB's on the team. I thought we shredded these guys. How does this happen?

Rabid Cougar
12-16-2015, 12:29 PM
This is all based on rep from last year. The one that comes out in January will not resemble this list.

coachkells
12-16-2015, 02:51 PM
I coached high school football for 9 years on the 5a level. Any team that averages over 47 points per game in the playoffs and then is held to 3 makes you think. They may of had a bad game, but after watch the La Vega / Carthage game, La Vega defense is the real deal. I have not seen Argyle play but I do know they play press man to man and the 7 diamond single high safety. If they allow La Vega receivers any space they could be in real trouble with 3 receivers that have low 4.4 speed, 2 receivers at 6'3". La Vega as a team is fast real fast. If argyle can keep them from getting loose they can make a game of it. They are going to have to out score La Vega don't see this happening with LV defense. 34-17 La Vega.

firstdown
12-16-2015, 02:53 PM
I've seen both. You're wrong. Argyle rolls

coachkells
12-16-2015, 03:00 PM
I've seen both. You're wrong. Argyle rolls

I've been wrong before, that why they play games.

Aguilafanatico
12-16-2015, 03:29 PM
I coached high school football for 9 years on the 5a level. Any team that averages over 47 points per game in the playoffs and then is held to 3 makes you think. They may of had a bad game, but after watch the La Vega / Carthage game, La Vega defense is the real deal. I have not seen Argyle play but I do know they play press man to man and the 7 diamond single high safety. If they allow La Vega receivers any space they could be in real trouble with 3 receivers that have low 4.4 speed, 2 receivers at 6'3". La Vega as a team is fast real fast. If argyle can keep them from getting loose they can make a game of it. They are going to have to out score La Vega don't see this happening with LV defense. 34-17 La Vega.

Do you know how many D-backs at the 2015 NFL combine actually ran their 40's in 4.49 or better? Out of 55 that ran, only a total of 13 ran 4.49 or better. So La Vega has 3 receivers on their roster that turn in 40's better than 77% of the defensive backs entering the NFL in 2015? If your talking "low 4.4 speed" that list goes to 7. Again, La Vega is fast but I think we are taking this to another level now.

Rabid Cougar
12-16-2015, 04:00 PM
Do you know how many D-backs at the 2015 NFL combine actually ran their 40's in 4.49 or better? Out of 55 that ran, only a total of 13 ran 4.49 or better. So La Vega has 3 receivers on their roster that turn in 40's better than 77% of the defensive backs entering the NFL in 2015? If your talking "low 4.4 speed" that list goes to 7. Again, La Vega is fast but I think we are taking this to another level now.

Talking both DB are DI commits. ( SMU and Oklahoma) Serious closing speed fast. However fast that is.

Line backers are extremely fast and agressive.

coachkells
12-16-2015, 04:12 PM

http://247sports.com/Player/Brandon-Benson-78331

Check him out.
Junior Highlights

Dawgs
12-16-2015, 04:42 PM
I've gone back and forth on his game, and I think Argyle has a great chance. But I will say that I think alot of Argyle fans and others that haven't seen La Vega in person sound a lot like Carthage fans did before we played them. La Vega and Argyle will be the best team each has seen (with possibly an exception with Argyle having played Celina). We are going to find out just how good La Vega is. I think people have a pretty good idea about how good Argyle is. Argyle gets a lot more coverage, and people follow them much more cause they are such a power house in 4a. This is going to be a heck of a game. I think the 2 best teams in 4a D1 are playing as it should be.

Dawgs
12-16-2015, 04:44 PM
Eww that was a bad call for pass interference call on Argyle with 4 minutes remaining in the SC last year.

The play with Dickson with 1:04 was a touchback...I forgot Argyle got such a raw deal.

Rabid Cougar
12-16-2015, 04:45 PM

Check him out.
Junior Highlights

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2722146/brandon-benson

He is their OTHER DB.

This one is their BEST DB. Also plays RB. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2193271/parrish-cobb

It really doesn't matter who they line up at RB. They play 4 of them. That is why none of them have eye popping numbers.

regaleagle
12-16-2015, 04:56 PM

Check him out.
Junior Highlights

Oh.....he's the real deal, no doubt. And a very definite threat for the Eagles secondary. I expect to see a few big plays from the LV offense. But I also expect the Argyle D to get great pressure on Jamal Williams at qb. It is possible he could throw a couple of INT's, and a very high probability he will be sacked several times. But he does have speed and quick feet to his advantage. I think Ledford is the key to this game for Argyle. If he has a great game, Argyle will win.

WOS87
12-16-2015, 05:01 PM
Cmon guys pick up the pace! The Celina/WOS thread is kicking your butts in views and replies. Surely Argyle hasn't already rolled over and given up?! ;)

firstdown
12-16-2015, 05:04 PM
Eww that was a bad call for pass interference call on Argyle with 4 minutes remaining in the SC last year.

The play with Dickson with 1:04 was a touchback...I forgot Argyle got such a raw deal.

Thank you

panfan
12-16-2015, 05:07 PM
After viewing some film, playing them, and then watching La Vega vs Carthage, I just don't see La Vega going to the air all that often. They hadn't seemed to do it a bunch previously, why would they now, unless that is, Argyle D shuts down the run. La Vega runs up the gut, then around the end, and if d-ends and corners get sucked in, that's when Cobb's speed will show. Defensively, Most point to La Vega's closing speed for their secondary, but I think their real 1-2 punch is in their d-line - quick, strong, and don't allow too much in terms of yards gained. Not discounting their secondary, they are fast and disrupt a lot of passes, but I think some of their success stems from the pressure the d-line puts on the QB to make less than optimal passes. Don't know who is gonna win, but I suspect it will be a close game, no more than a one possession score by either side.

firstdown
12-16-2015, 05:18 PM
Cmon guys pick up the pace! The Celina/WOS thread is kicking your butts in views and replies. Surely Argyle hasn't already rolled over and given up?! ;)

Maybe, I'm getting the feeling we're too small, slow and nonathletic to have a chance....naw I know better than that Argyle wins going away.

Are there any Waco LaVega people on this site?

waterboy
12-16-2015, 05:31 PM

Wasn't there an interception on that drive that the refs said hit the turf, and the replay showed it didn't? I think there were three blown calls in the last three minutes of that game, if memory serves. Yes, I KNOW that's a hard pill to swallow for Eagle fans. It's over and done with, though. I really feel like the players that played in that game will try and leave little doubt this time around. La Vega is definitely legit, though, and won't go down easy, in my opinion.

chaingang
12-16-2015, 05:56 PM
LaVega 35-7.

Aguilafanatico
12-16-2015, 06:01 PM
LaVega 35-7.

Lol.

firstdown
12-16-2015, 06:06 PM
LaVega 35-7.

Dream on hooker

Aguilafanatico
12-16-2015, 06:06 PM
We have D1 commits as well. Just don't shove them down everybody's throats. Team game.

Eagle Nation
12-16-2015, 06:07 PM
LaVega 35-7.

Looks like someone is smoking something illegal.

WOS87
12-16-2015, 06:23 PM
I heard similar responses last week from the puppies up in easttx. Stranger things have happened! And chaingang is a WOS guy. Pretty sure he's just helping stir things up to get the thread going lol. Good luck to both. I know La Vega wants this badly being so close so many times.

Wayne
12-16-2015, 06:37 PM
So does Argyle, we still have a bad taste in our mouth from last year.

panfan
12-16-2015, 07:14 PM
We have D1 commits as well. Just don't shove them down everybody's throats. Team game.

Crazy eagle, Doesn't seem like anybody is cramming D1 down anyone's gullet. Seems to me I recall a few year's past where there were some Argyle fans making it well known that Ian Sadler played there, and maybe last year that a kid named Ralston played there. Everyone knew they were good. Nothing wrong with pointing it out now is there......

Dawgs
12-16-2015, 07:15 PM
I heard similar responses last week from the puppies up in easttx. Stranger things have happened! And chaingang is a WOS guy. Pretty sure he's just helping stir things up to get the thread going lol. Good luck to both. I know La Vega wants this badly being so close so many times.

Exactly. I dont look for it to be 35-7, but it wouldn't surprise me either. I couldn't in a million years believed we would have been beaten like we were. Argyle is surely better than Carthage, but LV is pretty dang salty. Like I said Argyle fans and supporters sound eerily similar to Carthage posters last week.

Dawgs
12-16-2015, 07:18 PM
Crazy eagle, Doesn't seem like anybody is cramming D1 down anyone's gullet. Seems to me I recall a few year's past where there were some Argyle fans making it well known that Ian Saddler played there, and maybe last year that a kid named Ralston played there. Everyone knew they were good. Nothing wrong with pointing it out now is there......

Ya I didn't think anybody has been cramming the fact LV has D1 commits on their team down anybody's throat. It does play a factor though to have that many high profile athletes at the 4a level. No doubt it's a team game, but it doesn't hurt to have big time athletes.

Dawgs
12-16-2015, 07:22 PM
If the Argyle team plays with as big of a chip on their shoulder as the fans, it can only help them. A little extra motivation never hurt anybody. Good stuff.

panfan
12-16-2015, 07:26 PM
Ya I didn't think anybody has been cramming the fact LV has D1 commits on their team down anybody's throat. It does play a factor though to have that many high profile athletes at the 4a level. No doubt it's a team game, but it doesn't hurt to have big time athletes.

I said early in the year before we played them that La Vega's lack of discipline may cost them despite their level of athletes. By that I mean they put the ball on the turf too often, and they tend to have more senseless penalties like off sides, illegal formations, etc. So far it hasn't cost them, and they may have righted the pirate ship with regard to these issues and be smooth sailing. But, if they haven't, a team like Argyle will make them pay for those kinds of mistakes if they happen too often.

Dawgs
12-16-2015, 07:41 PM
I said early in the year before we played them that La Vega's lack of discipline may cost them despite their level of athletes. By that I mean they put the ball on the turf too often, and they tend to have more senseless penalties like off sides, illegal formations, etc. So far it hasn't cost them, and they may have righted the pirate ship with regard to these issues and be smooth sailing. But, if they haven't, a team like Argyle will make them pay for those kinds of mistakes if they happen too often.

I don't recall them getting any stupid penalties last week. A lot of holding penalties weren't called that were obvious, but it's HS officiating. But they played for the most part very disciplined. Might be an outlier but I don't think so.

Aggie98
12-16-2015, 08:02 PM
I'll take Argyle in this one.... 30-20 Eagles.

zebrablue2
12-16-2015, 08:36 PM

And if your coach would have called pass instead of run, and if the guard would not have been holding, and if the DB would have not blown that coverage on that pass play, and if we would have recovered that fumble, and if the right tackle would not have false started. And that darn illegal shift, I swear he set for 1 second:) Many things happen in a ball game, best of luck to both teams, and in the end, there will be a survivor and champ.

OldBison75
12-16-2015, 09:07 PM
I have not seen either team in person this year, but I know both because I follow them both throughout the year in the news and on highlight videos. What I do know is that both teams are full of athletes. You can tout the D1 commits and the speed all you want, but the key to this game will be the execution at the line of scrimmage. The pirates seem to find themselves at times fighting penalties and turnovers, but they seem to find big plays just as often. Argyle has changed this year to fit the personnel they have, and I think they are better than they were last year. This is a group of kids that fought until the last play in a SC game where there were many things that could have crushed the will of most kids. I won't say that they were cheated last year, but they played well enough to win and probably should have. I can guarantee that Argyle will not be out athlete or out coached. This game will come down to stopping the big plays. I am betting that Argyle wins that battle this Friday. Argyle by 7 in a great game.

Tejastrue
12-16-2015, 09:58 PM
I'll just say that Wimberley had nary a one of those D1 commits in 2011. Maybe a couple in 2005. More times than not it is overrated.

RPF2666
12-16-2015, 10:02 PM
T e a m!

Aguilafanatico
12-16-2015, 10:16 PM
Crazy eagle, Doesn't seem like anybody is cramming D1 down anyone's gullet. Seems to me I recall a few year's past where there were some Argyle fans making it well known that Ian Sadler played there, and maybe last year that a kid named Ralston played there. Everyone knew they were good. Nothing wrong with pointing it out now is there......

Been on other boards besides this one?

panfan
12-17-2015, 12:34 AM
Been on other boards besides this one?
Nope. Irrelevant though. We're talking about this game on this board.

Aguilafanatico
12-17-2015, 12:41 AM
Nope. Irrelevant though. We're talking about this game on this board.

So if it's debated on Fox but not on CNN do you close you ears and eyes to one to focus on just what you hear on the site you watch? Surely not.

panfan
12-17-2015, 12:53 AM
So if it's debated on Fox but not on CNN do you close you ears and eyes to one to focus on just what you hear on the site you watch? Surely not.
Fair enough. But your OP was here, in this thread implying that in this thread D1 talent was being crammed down your throat and made no mention of other board discussions. At least here on this board that doesn't appear to be the case. Now back to the game.

Aguilafanatico
12-17-2015, 01:22 AM
Fair enough. But your OP was here, in this thread implying that in this thread D1 talent was being crammed down your throat and made no mention of other board discussions. At least here on this board that doesn't appear to be the case. Now back to the game.

What does "your op" mean?

RPF2666
12-17-2015, 06:07 AM
My OP is that Argyle gets this done! See you all tomorrow, High Noon at the NRG Corral!

panfan
12-17-2015, 08:00 AM
OP is original post. BTW argyle vs Navasota was on last night. Abbreviated version. Fine game to rewatch.

Wayne
12-17-2015, 08:13 AM
OP is original post. BTW argyle vs Navasota was on last night. Abbreviated version. Fine game to rewatch.

I can't count how many times I've watched that game over and over. Missed opportunities play a huge factor in that loss. But one thing is for sure, Sota had their hands full with those pesky Eagles.

panfan
12-17-2015, 08:36 AM
I can't count how many times I've watched that game over and over. Missed opportunities play a huge factor in that loss. But one thing is for sure, Sota had their hands full with those pesky Eagles.

Yes sir, Defensive scheme was perfect - Eppler was on the run most of the night, and Sadler just ran over guys. I could see though that there at the end the kid was just plumb wore out. They said that by the last snap, he had carried the ball nearly 50 times. One tough hombre there.

waterboy
12-17-2015, 08:42 AM
That would be Nick Ralston, and he carried the ball 54 times! :eek: I'll bet he could barely move the next day! I guess Coach Rodgers didn't trust his QB as much as he should've in that game. I know I shouldn't second guess a coach of his stature, but I think if he could've opened it up a little with the passing game, Nick would've had even more success. Just my opinion...

RPF2666
12-17-2015, 08:46 AM

My OP is my OPinion... Go Eagles...

panfan
12-17-2015, 09:02 AM
My OP is my OPinion... Go Eagles...

Central texan going for the the Yankee north! Opine all you want. :D, Argyle is gonna have a tough time with La Vega.

panfan
12-17-2015, 09:03 AM
That would be Nick Ralston, and he carried the ball 54 times! :eek: I'll bet he could barely move the next day! I guess Coach Rodgers didn't trust his QB as much as he should've in that game. I know I shouldn't second guess a coach of his stature, but I think if he could've opened it up a little with the passing game, Nick would've had even more success. Just my opinion...

Yep - my mistake - Ralston - kid was a freakin beast.

panfan
12-17-2015, 09:50 AM
Central texan going for the the Yankee north! Opine all you want. :D, Argyle is gonna have a tough time with La Vega.

Disregard that post! Geographic brain fart there.:helpme:

coachkells
12-17-2015, 10:16 AM
Both team have faced some pretty high scoring offenses during the playoff Argyle is giving up just over 24 points per game La Vega is giving up 8. Argyle will give up points to the La Vega offense question is can they score enough to keep up.

Rabid Cougar
12-17-2015, 10:18 AM
After viewing some film, playing them, and then watching La Vega vs Carthage, I just don't see La Vega going to the air all that often. They hadn't seemed to do it a bunch previously, why would they now, unless that is, Argyle D shuts down the run. La Vega runs up the gut, then around the end, and if d-ends and corners get sucked in, that's when Cobb's speed will show. Defensively, Most point to La Vega's closing speed for their secondary, but I think their real 1-2 punch is in their d-line - quick, strong, and don't allow too much in terms of yards gained. Not discounting their secondary, they are fast and disrupt a lot of passes, but I think some of their success stems from the pressure the d-line puts on the QB to make less than optimal passes. Don't know who is gonna win, but I suspect it will be a close game, no more than a one possession score by either side.

Exactly. That is what killed China Spring in the Regional finals. Something like 5 sacks adn teh running game could never get loose.

LaVega does what it has to do. They will run Power I, Tunnel Sweep, Read option, empty back field. the works. They are extremely good at eating the clock too. They can do three to four yards with tunnel sweep all night long. Yuo have to be very sure of the tackles. one slip and they are off to the races.

It is really going to be a test of wills.

Rabid Cougar
12-17-2015, 10:20 AM

OH REALLY? My I point out last several years worth of threads?

regaleagle
12-17-2015, 12:32 PM
We shall see how this game goes.....sounds like everybody has opposing opinions on what exactly might take place in this game.

regaleagle
12-17-2015, 12:35 PM
Personally, I think the Argyle D will force LV into throwing it more. LV will initially get scores and yards off the run, but after adjustments the Eagles D will shut down those runs and force the Pirates into a different offensive attack. Still, the Pirates passing attack may be tough to defend, but easier than stopping those stop and go runners. They will be slippery and quick in traffic.

regaleagle
12-17-2015, 12:38 PM
Again......I believe Ledford is the key to this game for Argyle. He must have a very good game for Argyle to win it.

coachkells
12-17-2015, 02:32 PM
Again......I believe Ledford is the key to this game for Argyle. He must have a very good game for Argyle to win it.

Argyle is going to have to be effective on 1st and 2nd down getting in to 3rd and long will be tough for them to manage. I think this is going to be one of the best games of the weekend.

Caveman
12-17-2015, 05:30 PM
Exactly. That is what killed China Spring in the Regional finals. Something like 5 sacks adn teh running game could never get loose.

LaVega does what it has to do. They will run Power I, Tunnel Sweep, Read option, empty back field. the works. They are extremely good at eating the clock too. They can do three to four yards with tunnel sweep all night long. Yuo have to be very sure of the tackles. one slip and they are off to the races.

It is really going to be a test of wills.

Wow, I guess we should just stay home. It looks like La vagia has already won the SC.

bleedgreen
12-17-2015, 06:13 PM
This is only a test: Argyle wins

Dawgs
12-17-2015, 06:45 PM
Wow, I guess we should just stay home. It looks like La vagia has already won the SC.

Never knew Argyle fans had such a chip on their shoulder...You guys are touchy before this one. I think everybody thinks this is going to be a heck of a game, and will come down to late in the 4th quarter.

panfan
12-17-2015, 07:00 PM
I have no doubt that the two best teams in 4A D1 are going head to head tomorrow to see who is the top dog. Good luck to both teams. Going to be Epic!

garciap77
12-17-2015, 10:23 PM
I'm going for LV.

Rabid Cougar
12-17-2015, 10:51 PM
Modoc

Cam
12-17-2015, 11:25 PM
.....I think La Viagra Pirates will be up for the task!........

Rocket Man
12-17-2015, 11:49 PM
.....I think La Viagra Pirates will be up for the task!........

Shut down the thread......CAM done said it.....the matter is settled.

Go Pirates!!

Rabid Cougar
12-18-2015, 09:37 AM
:crying:I am going to miss you next year.

Bosqueville
12-18-2015, 11:04 AM
Hearing several La Vega players being treated for the stomach virus. Not what they needed on game day..

clcannon17
12-18-2015, 01:03 PM
Here we go. Let's go Eagles!

lostaussie
12-18-2015, 01:13 PM
Updates please

clcannon17
12-18-2015, 01:16 PM
Updates please

Sure thing!

lostaussie
12-18-2015, 01:17 PM
Thanks in advance

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

clcannon17
12-18-2015, 01:18 PM
Sure thing!

Argyle and La Vega swapped possessions, argyle about to punt again

clcannon17
12-18-2015, 01:27 PM
La Vega now in Eagle territory, opportunity missed with a fumble.

clcannon17
12-18-2015, 01:30 PM
Interception!!! Eagle ball at the 21

clcannon17
12-18-2015, 01:32 PM
3 and out Argyle

Roughneck93
12-18-2015, 01:33 PM
LV defense is good...

Saggy Aggie
12-18-2015, 01:33 PM
WLV defense looks like it's going to be way too much for Argyle. I think it's only a matter of time before the Pirates hit one of these deep balls....

All defense so far though

End of 1Q 0-0

Argyle 8 yards, 1 first down
WLV 80 yards, 6 first downs

clcannon17
12-18-2015, 01:35 PM
Argyle 0, La Vega 0
End of the first quarter

orange machine
12-18-2015, 01:36 PM
I hope Argyle can get some offense going right now LV looks like the better team.

Dawgs
12-18-2015, 01:36 PM
LV defense is good...

They shut out LH, held CS to 7, and woodsheded Carthage while holding them to 3. Anybody that thought Argyle was going to come in and score 40 was being silly. Argyle defense doing a good job. Stopping the run. That's exactly what they need to do. I don't think the sophomore QB can beat Argyle with his arm.

regaleagle
12-18-2015, 01:37 PM
Argyle typically plays good defense against a very tough competitor and makes adjustments on offense to find the weakness in the opponent's defense.

Dawgs
12-18-2015, 01:38 PM
Argyle better get some help over the top. One missed tackle those boys are going to the house.

Roughneck93
12-18-2015, 01:39 PM
LV putting together a nice drive right now.

regaleagle
No doubt LV is loaded with athletes with speed and ability. It will take a great effort for Argyle to stay close to them.

Roughneck93
Excellent drive....

clcannon17
12-18-2015, 01:40 PM
La Vega 7, Argyle 0

Touchdown La Vega!

Rabid Cougar
12-18-2015, 01:41 PM
MODOC! ooorah!!!
7-0 Pirates.

regaleagle
12-18-2015, 01:42 PM
Looks like Argyle will need to pass to set up the running game. Ledford will need to hit some short quick ones and let his receivers run with it in open space.

clcannon17
12-18-2015, 01:44 PM
Three and out Argyle

Roughneck93
12-18-2015, 01:45 PM
Wow, huge turnover!

clcannon17
12-18-2015, 01:46 PM
BIG BREAK!!!!
Muffed punt, argyle ball inside the ten

Rabid Cougar
12-18-2015, 01:46 PM
Crap.

Saggy Aggie
12-18-2015, 01:47 PM
WLV finally gets on the board....

7-0 10:13 2nd qtr.

WLV 138 yards, 8 first downs

But WLV muffs a punt inside their own 15....

Special teams heavy in Argyle's favor....

Rabid Cougar
12-18-2015, 01:48 PM
double crap

Saggy Aggie
Leads to an eagle TD....

WLV severely outplaying Argyle to this point but tied up... 7:38 til half

clcannon17
Touchdown Argyle
Argyle 7, La Vega 7

Rabid Cougar
WLV finally gets on the board....

7-0 10:13 2nd qtr.

WLV 138 yards, 8 first downs

But WLV muffs a punt inside their own 15....

Special teams heavy in Argyle's favor....

Who the hell is WLV?????

Sweetwater Red
Well they gift wrapped that one.

panfan
12-18-2015, 01:52 PM
LV puts the ball on the ground, many of us said it and it could cost them, it just did. They need to clean that up, other than that, LV outplaying argyle.

Roughneck93
12-18-2015, 01:53 PM
Nice grab....

Roughneck93
12-18-2015, 01:55 PM
Another great catch.

clcannon17
12-18-2015, 01:55 PM
What a catch!

Saggy Aggie
12-18-2015, 01:56 PM
TD pirates. 206 yards to 20

14-7

clcannon17
12-18-2015, 01:56 PM
La Vega 14, Argyle 7

regaleagle
12-18-2015, 01:58 PM
Still think Ledford will need to start throwing it more to open up some running lanes. Argyle will need to keep pace with LV and keep it close, or they will be playing D all day. They need to answer this score with a drive and a TD now.

mwrams
12-18-2015, 01:59 PM
Waco La Vega....Its in Bellmeade

Dawgs
12-18-2015, 01:59 PM
Honestly this game is not competitive at this point. I won't ever count out Argyle but they better find some offense in a hurry. LV looks dominant.

regaleagle
12-18-2015, 02:00 PM
Honestly this game is not competitive at this point. I won't ever count out Argyle but they better find some offense in a hurry. LV looks dominant.

Not really.....they have hit a couple of big plays. Both defenses are playing well. LV has been stopped and then gotten a couple of big plays....that's all.

Dawgs
12-18-2015, 02:03 PM
Not really.....they have hit a couple of big plays. Both defenses are playing well. LV has been stopped and then gotten a couple of big plays....that's all.

Well your not watching the same game as me. But Argyle putting something together now. But before this drive it was 206-20 in total yardage. That's dominating IMO.

Saggy Aggie
12-18-2015, 02:04 PM
Argyle finally moving the ball but then Qb gets dropped for a big sack.

clcannon17
12-18-2015, 02:05 PM
Big play for argyle coming up

regaleagle
12-18-2015, 02:05 PM
This game is going by quickly. Argyle needs to slow down this clock by passing it more.

Roughneck93
12-18-2015, 02:06 PM
FG no good....

Saggy Aggie
43 yd fg no good

clcannon17
La Vega 14, Argyle 7
Field goal missed.

regaleagle
12-18-2015, 02:07 PM
Holding against Estrada by the dback there was not called. It kept Estrada from getting the ball. That was an obvious penalty that was not called.

Saggy Aggie
12-18-2015, 02:09 PM
Holding against Estrada by the dback there was not called. It kept Estrada from getting the ball. That was an obvious penalty that was not called.

Meh, it was triple coverage. Pretty sure he wasn't catching that ball regardless.

regaleagle
Carthage said that happened to them all night last week with LV's Dbacks. It is a penalty past the 5 yd zone when a Dback grabs a receiver to hold them from their route.

clcannon17
La Vega 14, Argyle 7
End the second quarter.
Statistically argyle being dominated. But the score is still close.

Dawgs
12-18-2015, 02:10 PM
Carthage said that happened to them all night last week with LV's Dbacks. It is a penalty past the 5 yd zone when a Dback grabs a receiver to hold them from their route.

It's HS officiating. It is what it is. They let them play.

regaleagle
12-18-2015, 02:11 PM
Meh, it was triple coverage. Pretty sure he wasn't catching that ball regardless.

Wrong dogbreath.....Estrada has been catching balls in traffic all his career. He was only 1 step from that ball. It doesn't matter anyway....it was an obvious holding penalty and Estrada was right there.

clcannon17
12-18-2015, 02:12 PM
It's HS officiating. It is what it is. They let them play.

Wanna win? Make refs a non-factor.

Dawgs
12-18-2015, 02:12 PM
Wrong dogbreath.....Estrada has been catching balls in traffic all his career. He was only 1 step from that ball. It doesn't matter anyway....it was an obvious holding penalty and Estrada was right there.

Hahahaha. He called him dog breath!! I love it. 1st person I see today I'm calling them dog breath for sure!

Aesculus gilmus
12-18-2015, 02:13 PM
I now await the second-half collapse of Argyle's opponent. It happens like clockwork.

I guess you could call it "halftime adjustments" if you want to give Argyle the credit for it. Regardless, in an hour and a half, you'll see Argyle hoisting the trophy.

Dawgs
12-18-2015, 02:13 PM
Wanna win? Make refs a non-factor.
Exactly

Dawgs
12-18-2015, 02:14 PM
I now await the second-half collapse of Argyle's opponent. It happens like clockwork.

I guess you could call it "halftime adjustments" if you want to give Argyle the credit for it. Regardless, in an hour and a half, you'll see Argyle hoisting the trophy.

You think so? I don't know. I tend to always lean towards Argyle but LV looks really good.

clcannon17
12-18-2015, 02:16 PM

They would be huge adjustments, but he is a very good coach.

Saggy Aggie
12-18-2015, 02:17 PM

Lol I guess I'd be complaining about officiating if my team was getting their asses handed to them too

Let's see if argyle can change the direction this game is heading

regaleagle
12-18-2015, 02:19 PM
Funny how Argyle must always play perfect but other teams always get the nod from the refs. I wonder why that is??? Maybe it's because Argyle is held to a higher standard???

regaleagle
12-18-2015, 02:21 PM
I've watched a lot of Argyle football thru the years.....more than just about anybody else on this board. I can tell you for certain Argyle does NOT get calls that other teams get. And vice versa on calls against Argyle.

Saggy Aggie
12-18-2015, 02:21 PM
Funny how Argyle must always play perfect but other teams always get the nod from the refs. I wonder why that is??? Maybe it's because Argyle is held to a higher standard???
No lol it's just moronic to complain about officiating when you're flat getting your ass kicked.

Maybe argyle will turn it around but you're not down because of refs. You're lucky you're only down 7 to be honest

mwrams
12-18-2015, 02:22 PM
Argyle better step up....I dont think they were ready for La Vegas speed.

regaleagle
12-18-2015, 02:23 PM
He Saggie......take your Houston area favoritism and stick it where the sun don't shine. There's lots of football left and what is your connection with LV anyways??? You are just a hater.....plain and simple.

clcannon17
12-18-2015, 02:23 PM
Trust me, as a Brownwood fan, their has been many times I felt were ripped off, but you can't change that. Gotta move on and make them a nonfactor.

Saggy Aggie
12-18-2015, 02:25 PM
He Saggie......take your Houston area favoritism and stick it where the sun don't shine. There's lots of football left and what is your connection with LV anyways??? You are just a hater.....plain and simple.

Lol yeah my Houston connection to Waco. That makes perfect sense.

I'm here to watch the games. Quit complaining about the officiating and just be grateful you're only down 7.

regaleagle
12-18-2015, 02:26 PM
Argyle better step up....I dont think they were ready for La Vegas speed.

you can't "get ready" for speed.....you just do what your team can do best and make adjustments as you go.

Saggy Aggie
12-18-2015, 02:27 PM
After watching WOS last week, I believe they would beat both of these teams fairly easily

I'll be pretty surprised if Celina can hang

regaleagle
12-18-2015, 02:28 PM
I'd say overall Argyle has done as well as can be expected defensively so far. A couple of big plays was expected.....I even posted as much. Argyle is within a TD and should have this game tied.....too many penalties on 3rd down that killed some drives. But they will be OK.

regaleagle
12-18-2015, 02:30 PM
After watching WOS last week, I believe they would beat both of these teams fairly easily

I'll be pretty surprised if Celina can hang

You will be surprised by Celina's team.....just like everybody else that hasn't seem them.

Saggy Aggie
12-18-2015, 02:31 PM
You will be surprised by Celina's team.....just like everybody else that hasn't seem them.

Well they lost to Argyle right? So they can't be invincible

regaleagle
12-18-2015, 02:33 PM
Well they lost to Argyle right? So they can't be invincible

Better go look at their record again saggie

mwrams
12-18-2015, 02:34 PM
[QUOTE=regaleagle;1892238]I'd say overall Argyle has done as well as can be expected defensively so far. A couple of big plays was expected.....I even posted as much. Argyle is within a TD and should have this game tied.....too many penalties on 3rd down that killed some drives. But they will be OK.[/QU

Argyle is lucky to be still hanging around here at the half. Maybe adjustments will reap a little offense...

RPF2666
12-18-2015, 02:34 PM
Beat Argyle....

regaleagle
12-18-2015, 02:36 PM
Argyle needs to keep playing quality defense and give their offense some short fields. Argyle is not a big-play attack team.

clcannon17
12-18-2015, 02:37 PM
Alright Argyle, yall can do it!

Dawgs
12-18-2015, 02:38 PM
I'd say overall Argyle has done as well as can be expected defensively so far. A couple of big plays was expected.....I even posted as much. Argyle is within a TD and should have this game tied.....too many penalties on 3rd down that killed some drives. But they will be OK.
It should be tied? Really? I like your post and I understand the love for your team but this is about as homer as it gets. Argyle is lucky it isn't worse. 2nd half is a new game. Good thing for Argyle is its close. Down 7 is nothing. Let's see the halftime adjustments.

regaleagle
12-18-2015, 02:38 PM
There's those slippery backs I was talking about. They stop and go in space and cause missed tackles.

clcannon17
12-18-2015, 02:39 PM
Fumble!!!
Argyle ball!

Roughneck93
LV with another turnover....

Saggy Aggie
Exactly what argyle needed was a fumble.

regaleagle
12-18-2015, 02:40 PM
I wonder how Argyle is getting all those turnovers, huh???

clcannon17
12-18-2015, 02:42 PM
Big third down.

Saggy Aggie
12-18-2015, 02:43 PM
42 yard fg is good. 14-10 pirates

clcannon17
La Vega 14, Argyle 10

regaleagle
I wonder where's JC Chalk today??? He's #25 and I haven't seen him so far, but I really haven't been looking for him.

Txbroadcaster
12-18-2015, 02:55 PM
That Argyle kicking game

clcannon17
Great punt!!!!!
Come on safety!!!!!!

Saggy Aggie
Special teams...

44INAROW
12-18-2015, 02:58 PM
That Argyle kicking game

no joke... talk about having LV 'hemmed up"....

clcannon17
Another interception

Roughneck93
The tide is turning....

Saggy Aggie
LV going to lose because they can't get out of their own way. I'll be sick for them

clcannon17
12-18-2015, 03:01 PM
Argyle 17, La Vega 14