PDA

View Full Version : Please send Email to San Antonio News Media to support our GOBBLERS

Spursfan
12-11-2015, 03:29 PM
I posted this on the game thread but I am making a new thread to hopefully get more exposure:

Has anyone else notice the lack of coverage of THE CUERO GOBBLERS on all 3 of the major San Antonio News Networks. 4 WOAI, KENS 5 and KSAT 12. I emailed all three at the begining of this week and still not even a mention of this game on Saturday. What really got my blood boiling when KSAT said "We still have 2 area teams in the state playoffs. 2 chances to get to state championship games." I figured Cuero was 1 of them. NOT! Judson and Steele. Also No coverage of the Sinton Cuero game. Kens5 only had piks on there web site.

Here are the Emails! Need your help. Please send an Email to support your Gobblers! Or post on their twitter or facebook page. i do not have either facebook or twitter.

gsimmons@ksat.com KSAT12
DHarris@news4sanantonio.com WOAI 4
NewsTips@kens5.com KENS 5

I will even make it easy for you. just copy and past.

SUBJECT: Cuero Gobbler State 4a STATE Semi Finals Game Info

There is another San Antonio Area Team still in the state playoffs. Cuero is in the Class 4a division 2 Semi Final for the first time since 2009.
Here is the game info:

WHO: Cuero (Home) vs. West Orange-Stark Mustangs
WHEN: Saturday, Dec.12, 2015 @ 2:00 pm
WHERE: Tully Stadium, 1050 Dairy Ashford, Houston, TX

GO MEAN GREEN!!

Show us some love!!

Third
12-11-2015, 04:28 PM
Not gonna happen. They rarely cover teams within a 50 miles radius of them. When Cotulla made the state semis in 06 they didn't get any coverage and just some small articles in the San Antonio paper. And they're just 80 miles south on IH-35. Devine and Hondo will occasionally get some love as will La Vernia or Bandera but only if they make DEEP playoff runs. All of them are about 45 minutes from SA.

Spursfan
12-11-2015, 05:24 PM
Not gonna happen. They rarely cover teams within a 50 miles radius of them. When Cotulla made the state semis in 06 they didn't get any coverage and just some small articles in the San Antonio paper. And they're just 80 miles south on IH-35. Devine and Hondo will occasionally get some love as will La Vernia or Bandera but only if they make DEEP playoff runs. All of them are about 45 minutes from SA.

Heck just a simple announcement of the game Sat would be nice.

rb585
12-11-2015, 06:26 PM
Not gonna happen. They rarely cover teams within a 50 miles radius of them.

50 miles? I think Converse Judson is about as far as they'll go. And anything under 5A doesn't exist.

Spursfan
12-12-2015, 03:53 AM
Hey it worked! We at least got a shout out on KSAT 12. Greg Simmons Sports Anchor gave details on Judsons and Steeles game and said "Don't forget the

Cuero Gobblers" and he showed and announced the game info. He must have received a few Email!! Awesome! Go Mean Green!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk