PDA

View Full Version : What game(s) are you headed to in week 16? Which games do you wish you could watch?

Sweetwater Red
12-07-2015, 11:33 AM
It's gonna be a short road trip for me.

1ADI - State Championship: Crowell vs. Abbott, 12 p.m. Saturday at Abilene’s Shotwell Stadium

1A DII - State Championship: Follett vs. Richland Springs, 3 p.m. Saturday at Abilene’s Shotwell Stadium

There are a whole slew of games I wish I could see...

Katy vs. Cibolo Steele, 2 p.m. Saturday at San Antonio’s Alamo Stadium

Abilene Wylie vs. Argyle, 7:30 p.m. Friday at Waco’s McLane Stadium

Carthage vs. Waco La Vega, 7:30 p.m. Friday at Garland’s Johnson Stadium

Celina vs. Gilmer, 7:30 p.m. Friday at Mesquite Memorial Stadium

West Orange-Stark vs. Cuero, 2 p.m. Saturday at Houston’s Tully Stadium

Brock vs. Mineola, 7:30 p.m. Friday at Grand Prairie’s Gopher Bowl

Cameron Yoe vs. Mathis, 7:30 p.m. Friday at Austin’s Darrel K Royal Memorial Stadium

I say the Brock and Cameron games but it's more like I'd like to see them play each other
next week.

Rabid Cougar
12-07-2015, 12:08 PM
Would like to see Abbott and Canadian, Cameron and Mathis, Lavega and Carthage.

Will probably see Wylie and Argyle Friday night and Allen and Austin Westlake Saturday

SintonFan_inAustin
12-07-2015, 02:15 PM
West Orange-Stark vs. Cuero, 2 p.m. Saturday at Houston’s Tully Stadium

then some gambling in LA after the game.

Bosqueville
12-07-2015, 02:51 PM
Mineral Wells Friday night for Idalou vs Waskom

Saturday in Waco for Allen vs Westlake

pirate4state
12-07-2015, 03:49 PM
If I go to a game this week it will be WOS vs Cuero

Roughneck93
12-07-2015, 08:51 PM
Friday...

George Ranch vs. Vista Ridge at NRG Stadium, Houston

Saturday...

WOS vs. Cuero at Tully Stadium, Houston

regaleagle
12-07-2015, 09:45 PM
I've got to wait closer to Friday to see what transpires businesswise. If I get a green light for Friday, I'll head up 35 to Waco and watch my Eagles play Wylie....it's still a 3 hr drive from San Antonio on a Friday. If not, I'll just sit with my computer and do the play-by-play per the Argyle Broadcast.....which everybody knows is hard to follow, haha. But it's a labor of love for the guys and they donate their time, energies, and talent each week all season long. They do a pretty good job when compared to most other school broadcasts.

Matthew328
12-08-2015, 08:26 PM
Fri. Idalou vs. Waskom in Mineral Wells
Sat. Cedar Park vs. Ft Bend Ridge Point and Galena Park North Shore vs. Converse Judson at NRG

Scoop27
12-08-2015, 08:28 PM
East Bernard and Franklin Friday Night at the Berry Center in Cypress

Rocket Man
12-09-2015, 11:03 PM
I've got to wait closer to Friday to see what transpires businesswise. If I get a green light for Friday, I'll head up 35 to Waco and watch my Eagles play Wylie....it's still a 3 hr drive from San Antonio on a Friday. If not, I'll just sit with my computer and do the play-by-play per the Argyle Broadcast.....which everybody knows is hard to follow, haha. But it's a labor of love for the guys and they donate their time, energies, and talent each week all season long. They do a pretty good job when compared to most other school broadcasts.

I will be there along with my crew. If you're able to come and hit Waco close to game time, then take the University Parks exit , turn right and go all the way to the Ferrill Center, get in the left lane and turn left onto La Salle. Once on La Salle get to the right and take the MLK exit and then take the first left to the stadium. This will save you from the long line of traffic that will back up on the street from the stadium all the way to I-35. Travel safe if you're able to make it.

jp744
12-10-2015, 10:25 AM
Steele vs Katy (Cheaters) Saturday at the Rock Pile. Would love to drive to Shotwell and see the Six Man State Championships. I like watching six man football.

Sweetwater Red
12-10-2015, 02:53 PM
Steele vs Katy (Cheaters) Saturday at the Rock Pile. Would love to drive to Shotwell and see the Six Man State Championships. I like watching six man football.

I watched Steele play Smithson Valley there last week. Love the stadium but hate the parking (there is none for schools this size) and
the concession stands are terribly slow.

I've only been to a couple six man games and they ended with the forty-five point mercy rule. guessing these two games won't be
that lopsided though.

jp744
12-11-2015, 02:09 PM
I agree parking is a nightmare. I park at Trinity University and walk over at this time of the year. Easy in and out from the parking lot there and school is out for Trinity. I don't dare try to park on the other side and end up walking from the Zoo! I didn't have any trouble at the concessions there and they take debit card. Where you on the visitors side? Home side has a huge concession stand and you can watch the game while you are waiting. I think these six man games will be good ones. Wish I could go watch our boys basketball team play in a tournament tonight but I am still in denial about football season being over:bigcry:

Sweetwater Red
12-11-2015, 05:13 PM
I agree parking is a nightmare. I park at Trinity University and walk over at this time of the year. Easy in and out from the parking lot there and school is out for Trinity. I don't dare try to park on the other side and end up walking from the Zoo! I didn't have any trouble at the concessions there and they take debit card. Where you on the visitors side? Home side has a huge concession stand and you can watch the game while you are waiting. I think these six man games will be good ones. Wish I could go watch our boys basketball team play in a tournament tonight but I am still in denial about football season being over:bigcry:

I got there a little late and the school entrances were blocked near the stadium, the parking at the stadium and at the overpass was full.
Plus, the parking under the bridge was a mess. So, I drove down to the zoo and it was packed full. My only choice was to drive back to
the overpass and park in manner that was virtually blocking someone else in completely like most everyone else had already done. Funny
thing is that I got blocked in too but luckily the guys were just leaving as I walked up to my truck at the end of the game.

I was on the Converse Judson (home side). Maybe it was because it was near halftime but the line was crazy long and the people,mostly
kids, weren't paying attention to when one of the four windows would be open and that was slowing things down even worse.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the sixman games. I just want them to be competitive and that will be a win for me.