PDA

View Full Version : Big Spring

Red&White_9x5
12-07-2015, 09:27 AM
I heard down at the coffee shop that there will be a new Head Steer next year! Any truth to this. I didn't see them this season but I saw them last year and they were pretty dang salty

Texboy 732000
12-11-2015, 08:33 PM
Mrt said he is retiring

db8coach
12-17-2015, 12:29 PM
Whoever is the new head coach will be inheriting a young team.

Sweetwater Red
12-17-2015, 12:52 PM
There are a handful of asst. coaches jobs up that are up in the air. I hope they land on their feet somewhere if not Big Spring.

hollywood
12-18-2015, 09:39 PM
Ate lunch in Big Spring today. Al's and Son BBQ. Pulled pork sandwich with cream potatoe salad and homemade vanilla ice cream. Pretty dang good.

But it still doesn't touch the sandwich, which is about the only thing that is really worth getting at Hard 8 in Sville... The fresh chopped brisket sandwich on a toasted jalapeņo sourdough bun with a side of hand cut French fries. Make sure to request to have the end of the brisket chopped. Great smoke flavor.

slingshot
12-18-2015, 09:56 PM
Ate lunch in Big Spring today. Al's and Son BBQ. Pulled pork sandwich with cream potatoe salad and homemade vanilla ice cream. Pretty dang good.

But it still doesn't touch the sandwich, which is about the only thing that is really worth getting at Hard 8 in Sville... The fresh chopped brisket sandwich on a toasted jalapeņo sourdough bun with a side of hand cut French fries. Make sure to request to have the end of the brisket chopped. Great smoke flavor.You screwed up ordering the pulled pork--not bad but the Texas Sub is the way to go at Al's... toasted submarine bun with sliced brisket, sliced sausage and ham topped with BBQ sauce. Also get the fries--very comparable to Hard 8's. The real home made vanilla ice cream (free!) is the bomb. The best part is it is all very low calorie with no saturated fat or cholesterol. ;)

Scoop27
12-18-2015, 10:04 PM
Is Sville meaning Smithville?

lostaussie
12-18-2015, 10:21 PM
Is Sville meaning Smithville?

I doubt Hollywood knows where Smithville is :doh:

hollywood
12-18-2015, 10:36 PM
You screwed up ordering the pulled pork--not bad but the Texas Sub is the way to go at Al's... toasted submarine bun with sliced brisket, sliced sausage and ham topped with BBQ sauce. Also get the fries--very comparable to Hard 8's. The real home made vanilla ice cream (free!) is the bomb. The best part is it is all very low calorie with no saturated fat or cholesterol. ;)

Well crap! They twisted my arm saying the pulled pork was the one.. What do they know? Lol

IF ever in Big Spring again, I'll definitely try the Texas Sub. I did sample the sausage and it was really good. You're right, the vanilla icecream was awesome. And all was very low calorie as you stated! :crazy:

hollywood
12-18-2015, 10:38 PM
I doubt Hollywood knows where Smithville is :doh:

I think I heard once from this lostaussie dude that it was where Hope Floats. Not sure but I think that's what he said. :nerd:

db8coach
01-26-2016, 11:38 PM
Clint Finley...formerly of Los Fresnos hired as Big Spring AD/HC

bluecat
01-27-2016, 09:50 AM
Clint Finley...formerly of Los Fresnos hired as Big Spring AD/HC

Clint is the son of Mickey Finley and was the QB at Cuero when Mickey was the HC at that school. He went to Nebraska and moved to safety. Clint spent two seasons with the Kansas City chiefs before coming back to Texas to coach. Clint is a high energy type of coach and Big Springs did very well hiring him to be their HC/AD.
He will get the very best out of his players.

Sweetwater Red
01-27-2016, 10:20 AM
He will get the very best out of his players.

Historically that hasn't been an easy task at Big Spring. Maybe he can change the culture.
Best of luck to him and his staff.

bluecat
01-27-2016, 11:21 AM
Historically that hasn't been an easy task at Big Spring. Maybe he can change the culture.
Best of luck to him and his staff.

If anyone can it would be Clint you will see a change real soon.

Old Green
01-27-2016, 01:34 PM
If anyone can it would be Clint you will see a change real soon.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

slingshot
01-28-2016, 12:34 AM
Clint used to roam the sideline at Big Spring as a kid--his Dad was a coach there... Homecoming of a sort.

bearbear78
01-28-2016, 12:48 AM
Well crap! They twisted my arm saying the pulled pork was the one.. What do they know? Lol

IF ever in Big Spring again, I'll definitely try the Texas Sub. I did sample the sausage and it was really good. You're right, the vanilla icecream was awesome. And all was very low calorie as you stated! :crazy:

Can't be talking about calories in here bro!