PDA

View Full Version : West Orange-Stark (13-1) vs Cuero (9-5) 2015 4A D2 State Semifinals

WOS87
12-05-2015, 03:09 AM
Starting the thread now. Will put a poll up Saturday night.

sourhern
12-05-2015, 04:06 AM
I think Cuero has a chance since everyone is healthy n playing very well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOS87
12-05-2015, 04:22 AM
I hope they're better than they were when they played Wharton or it will be ugly. And I'm pretty sure they are. Beating 3 undefeated teams in a row would be major.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2015, 05:01 AM
I think Cuero has a chance since everyone is healthy n playing very well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkyea they both have a chance both defenses playing well with a strong fromt 4. Siinton DE Robert Knox will be a key for Cuero to keep him out of the backfield think it was his hit on qb that knock out the qb in the backfield http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2747001/highlights/304779766/v2

Sinton defensive front strong part of this team.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2015, 05:06 AM
Starting the thread now. Will put a poll up Saturday night.
couple of games ahead of Sinton/Cuero game, havie a feeling game is going to start later than its 8 pm start.

Old Green
12-05-2015, 08:47 AM
couple of games ahead of Sinton/Cuero game, havie a feeling game is going to start later than its 8 pm start.:iagree:

chaingang
12-05-2015, 09:11 AM
Only bad thing about playing the late game at a busy stadium. I've never played in there, heard it was nice

pirate4state
12-05-2015, 10:15 AM
Only bad thing about playing the late game at a busy stadium. I've never played in there, heard it was nice

EXACTLY!!! UGH!!! The day is long enough already having to wait until 8pm UGH! GO PIRATES!!!!

sourhern
12-05-2015, 11:54 PM
Looks like Cuero

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rocket Man
12-06-2015, 12:49 AM
My prediction: WOS winner.

1st and goal
12-06-2015, 10:30 AM
No rest for the Cuero players. Time to prepare for the "gauntlet team" (WOS). Bellville held them close for the first half, but they could muster no offense with a weak passing game. With that said, if Cuero can successfully pass the ball to bring a balanced attack, I believe they can give WOS a good game and quite possibly win if WOS makes mistakes like they did against Bellville.

WOS87
12-06-2015, 10:38 AM
Game will be 2pm Tully Stadium Saturday 12/12

chaingang
12-06-2015, 10:40 AM
No rest for the Cuero players. Time to prepare for the "gauntlet team" (WOS). Bellville held them close for the first half, but they could muster no offense with a weak passing game. With that said, if Cuero can successfully pass the ball to bring a balanced attack, I believe they can give WOS a good game and quite possibly win if WOS makes mistakes like they did against Bellville.

Nope, Bellville didn't keep the game close the first half, WOS did. And no disrespect to Cuero at all but they are about to see something they haven't seen I a long time. This WOS team is down right scary to watch. I will say that I have always wanted to play the Gobblers and congrats on the win last night!

WOS92
12-06-2015, 11:31 AM
What Cuero has done with a 5-5 season is downright amazing! What was the catalyst for such a dramatic turnaround?

This should be a good matchup. While WO-S did make a ton of mistakes that helped, Bellville's D played an excellent first half. That said, after the field goal, I never really felt the outcome was in question because the Brahmas couldn't muster any offense at all.

I am excited about this week - two storied programs playing for a shot at the title. I know there are a few posters giving WO-S the game, but not many WO-S fans. We are in for a fight.

Old Green
12-06-2015, 11:39 AM
What Cuero has done with a 5-5 season is downright amazing! What was the catalyst for such a dramatic turnaround?

This should be a good matchup. While WO-S did make a ton of mistakes that helped, Bellville's D played an excellent first half. That said, after the field goal, I never really felt the outcome was in question because the Brahmas couldn't muster any offense at all.

I am excited about this week - two storied programs playing for a shot at the title. I know there are a few posters giving WO-S the game, but not many WO-S fans. We are in for a fight.Injuries and youthfulness slowed the Gobblers down. Now just about everyone is healthy.

chaingang
12-06-2015, 11:43 AM

I am excited about this week - two storied programs playing for a shot at the title. I know there are a few posters giving WO-S the game, but not many WO-S fans. We are in for a fight.

Not giving WOS the game at all. Just saying this WOS team is going to be very different than anything Cuero has seen.

Saggy Aggie
12-06-2015, 11:46 AM
Game will be 2pm Tully Stadium Saturday 12/12
Awesome... Less than a mile from my house >>>>>

1stnurseryman
12-06-2015, 11:53 AM
It's pretty simple Cuero must be able to move the ball on O and that's not simple..... I beluve theyre going to have to throw the ball vertically to keep the D from stacking the line on them.. WOS D is so fast off the ball.. Cuero D will have to stop the big plays.. If they can do this then they have a chance... GO GOBBLER'S

cards4me
12-06-2015, 01:25 PM

Cuero has very little chance of winning . WOS has more speed than any team Cuero has played and much better football players.

chaingang
12-06-2015, 01:38 PM
Cuero has very little chance of winning . WOS has more speed than any team Cuero has played and much better football players.

They have just as much a chance than WOS, 50%. I just think the Mustangs are on a completely different level. We'll see in 6 days.

chaingang
12-06-2015, 01:42 PM
I'm not going to make any wild predictions this week because I respect Cuero too much. Same as if we were playing Sinton this week. Great people down there. Since we dropped to 3A (4A now)in 04, Cuero was the team that I always wanted to see WOS play. They seemed to be the equivalent to the Mustangs in the past in their class.

1st and goal
12-06-2015, 01:46 PM
Nope, Bellville didn't keep the game close the first half, WOS did. And no disrespect to Cuero at all but they are about to see something they haven't seen I a long time. This WOS team is down right scary to watch. I will say that I have always wanted to play the Gobblers and congrats on the win last night!

Disagree, I saw Bellville's Defense keep them in the game. That, and some penalties. Bellville secondary had at least 2 chances to intercept the ball too but dropped them. WOS Defense got that game ball IMO.

1st and goal
12-06-2015, 01:47 PM
Is that Dallas young man a junior or senior?

chaingang
12-06-2015, 01:57 PM
Disagree, I saw Bellville's Defense keep them in the game. That, and some penalties. Bellville secondary had at least 2 chances to intercept the ball too but dropped them. WOS Defense got that game ball IMO.

The 3 turnovers kept it close. Not trying to take away from the Brahma D because they were very salty but that was more likely than not 3 TD's without the turn overs. There was one INT they dropped. Not 2.

chaingang
12-06-2015, 01:58 PM
Is that Dallas young man a junior or senior?

Junior. We will return 18 out of 22 starters next year.

lostaussie
12-06-2015, 01:58 PM
I'm not going to make any wild predictions this week because I respect Cuero too much. Same as if we were playing Sinton this week. Great people down there. Since we dropped to 3A (4A now)in 04, Cuero was the team that I always wanted to see WOS play. They seemed to be the equivalent to the Mustangs in the past in their class.

You are exactly right. Cuero is fun to play.........and let me tell you. They not just bringing some fans, they bringing the whole damn town and I guess several surrounding towns. Because there is no way that many folks live in Cuero!!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-06-2015, 02:27 PM
I hate that I'm going to be out of state when this game goes down. Tully Stadium is about 15 minutes from my place. URGH!

Anyway, I'm pulling for the Region IV rep. Though I wished Cuero had blown us out worse than they did.

lostaussie
12-06-2015, 02:40 PM
I hate that I'm going to be out of state when this game goes down. Tully Stadium is about 15 minutes from my place. URGH!

Anyway, I'm pulling for the Region IV rep. Though I wished Cuero had blown us out worse than they did.

You and Saggy must be neighbors:D

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-06-2015, 03:04 PM
You and Saggy must be neighbors:D

Nah, I'm closer to downtown like all the cool people.

44INAROW
12-06-2015, 03:24 PM
Wow, who'd of thunk after game 6, when we were 2-4, we'd be playing WOS in the Semi Finals? Looking at the records of teams of all classifications for next week's games, Cuero's 9-5 record does stand out.....and I'm sure received a few "that's gotta be a typo" comments.
It's obvious who the "favorite" to win is but I know Cuero will suit up, get on the yellow dogs and make the drive to Tulley just the same. Gobblers will practice long and hard all week long and no doubt, play with everything they have... Go Mean Green......💚🏈

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SintonFan_inAustin
12-06-2015, 04:09 PM
Not giving WOS the game at all. Just saying this WOS team is going to be very different than anything Cuero has seen.true but this will be WOS one of their biggest challenge since their only loss of the season, Gobblers will be tough to run on. Not sure before Sinton game in district how healthy they were defensively but since that game don't think anybody has been able to get a run game going against them, Good size and speed pretty similar to Foster from what I seen on video. We all seen how fast that WOS defense is but there going to get challenge in this game.

Game is Saturday so just made it possible to go see this game and with new realignment coming this may be possibility of future matchups either in Region 3 playoffs or in this round as both are young teams still.

Blue42
12-06-2015, 04:24 PM
What I would like to know is if Orange's most famous resident Shirley Q liquor is coming to the game with her 19 children.

I'm sorry but I'm a huge fan of Michael Berry and I know he's from Orange.
Should be a great game looking forward to it excited already.
Go Meam Green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GUNHO
12-06-2015, 04:25 PM
Wow, who'd of thunk after game 6, when we were 2-4, we'd be playing WOS in the Semi Finals? Looking at the records of teams of all classifications for next week's games, Cuero's 9-5 record does stand out.....and I'm sure received a few "that's gotta be a typo" comments.
It's obvious who the "favorite" to win is but I know Cuero will suit up, get on the yellow dogs and make the drive to Tulley just the same. Gobblers will practice long and hard all week long and no doubt, play with everything they have... Go Mean Green......💚🏈

Yeah.9-5 It ought to be a cake walk huh.I know some fans who don't have much football savy will think that.Not this old man.Cuero has done an amazing job after district started and my hats off to them.We better strap them helments on good.

GUNHO
12-06-2015, 04:32 PM
true but this will be WOS one of their biggest challenge since their only loss of the season, Gobblers will be tough to run on. Not sure before Sinton game in district how healthy they were defensively but since that game don't think anybody has been able to get a run game going against them, Good size and speed pretty similar to Foster from what I seen on video. We all seen how fast that WOS defense is but there going to get challenge in this game.

Game is Saturday so just made it possible to go see this game and with new realignment coming this may be possibility of future matchups either in Region 3 playoffs or in this round as both are young teams still.

WO-S is a well balanced team.If they stop the run we just go to the air a little more.Now if you stop that to then we got a problem Houston.lol

SintonFan_inAustin
12-06-2015, 04:39 PM
WO-S is a well balanced team.If they stop the run we just go to the air a little more.Now if you stop that to then we got a problem Houston.lolyea I know WOS isn't one-dimensional and qb looks more polished than last season. This will be best offensive attack Cuero will face with Jack Dallas being able to throw on the run. Cuero qb looked good also throwing on the run. Final four teams are very good football teams, should be great semi final games.

Gobbler Fan
12-06-2015, 04:58 PM
http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=364

speedbump
12-06-2015, 05:04 PM
"Good size and speed pretty similar to Foster from what I seen on video."

I'd like to see Cuero win this one but sadly WOS may well beat Cuero by the same score they lost to Foster by.

griff
12-06-2015, 05:04 PM
What I would like to know is if Orange's most famous resident Shirley Q liquor is coming to the game with her 19 children.

I'm sorry but I'm a huge fan of Michael Berry and I know he's from Orange.
Should be a great game looking forward to it excited already.
Go Meam Green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol...if you took a survey you would find plenty of Michael Berry fans here. MB graduated from Orangefield HS and I've never seen him at a WO-S game. But Shirley Q Liquor (real name is Chuck Knipp) is a WO-S alum. She (he) may be there, but no one knows for sure.

griff
12-06-2015, 05:14 PM

The three turnovers and execution flaws were the main reason WO-S did not score sooner and more often in the first half. Jack Dallas had a couple of overthrows to open receivers, we missed a 4th and 1 from the 10 yard line because of a high snap, and a few penalties thrown into the mix made for a flat openning half. I give credit to Bellville for lining up in different positions than the Caldwell defense did, but without the TOs and misfires by WO-S it could have been over and decided in the first half. I mean no disrespect to Bellville, but nothing they did on defense was enough to keep the WO-S offense down.

BTW...the first turnover was a bad call by the ref. Our receiver went down after a catch, which looked as if the fumble could have been caused by the ground, which would NOT be a fumble. But worse than that...when #7 for Bellville went to pick it up, it slid out of bounds and he never truly had possession of the ball. By rule, WO-S should have maintained possession and had a first down.

chaingang
12-06-2015, 05:14 PM
Lol...if you took a survey you would find plenty of Michael Berry fans here. MB graduated from Orangefield HS and I've never seen him at a WO-S game. But Shirley Q Liquor (real name is Chuck Knipp) is a WO-S alum. She (he) may be there, but no one knows for sure.

And its Chirren, not children. LOL

chaingang
12-06-2015, 05:16 PM
The three turnovers and execution flaws were the main reason WO-S did not score sooner and more often in the first half. Jack Dallas had a couple of overthrows to open receivers, we missed a 4th and 1 from the 10 yard line because of a high snap, and a few penalties thrown into the mix made for a flat openning half. I give credit to Bellville for lining up in different positions than the Caldwell defense did, but without the TOs and misfires by WO-S it could have been over and decided in the first half. I mean no disrespect to Bellville, but nothing they did on defense was enough to keep the WO-S offense down.

BTW...the first turnover was a bad call by the ref. Our receiver went down after a catch, which looked as if the fumble could have been caused by the ground, which would NOT be a fumble. But worse than that...when #7 for Bellville went to pick it up, it slid out of bounds and he never truly had possession of the ball. By rule, WO-S should have maintained possession and had a first down.

Exactly! Watched it a few times on the Texan Live video. Not a fumble and FOR SURE not a fumble recovery. LOL

griff
12-06-2015, 05:18 PM
"Good size and speed pretty similar to Foster from what I seen on video."

I'd like to see Cuero win this one but sadly WOS may well beat Cuero by the same score they lost to Foster by.

The "good size and speed similar ro Foster" is a riot of laughs. There is no team in 4AD2 that compares to that monster of a team. They had 6A numbers (2300+), 74 players on their roster, and WO-S really had no business playing them. We did play them close last year, but this year's Foster team was just too much for anyone in our division. WO-S was literally out of their league in that game and I hope we never play them again.

griff
12-06-2015, 05:19 PM

Lol...exactly.

Can you name them? Lol...

Blue42
12-06-2015, 05:30 PM

Yep I wasn't sure how to spell that we were on our way yesterday to the game listening to the Greyhound skit and laughing so hard we were crying.

speedbump
12-06-2015, 05:44 PM
The "good size and speed similar ro Foster" is a riot of laughs. There is no team in 4AD2 that compares to that monster of a team. They had 6A numbers (2300+), 74 players on their roster, and WO-S really had no business playing them. We did play them close last year, but this year's Foster team was just too much for anyone in our division. WO-S was literally out of their league in that game and I hope we never play them again.

Yea,that was a pretty funny comparison. I tried to tell WOS posters about Foster two years ago.

Saggy Aggie
12-06-2015, 05:54 PM
Nah, I'm closer to downtown like all the cool people.

Lol is it cool to be downtown? I don't think it's cool to pay to live downtown but that's just me

KingRob
12-06-2015, 07:38 PM
Lol is it cool to be downtown? I don't think it's cool to pay to live downtown but that's just me
I live in Jersey Village. Taking Eldridge Parkway to I-10, Dairy Ashford, Tully right there!! I'm going to this game!!!

LET'S GO CUERO!!!
:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:

pirate4state
12-06-2015, 09:40 PM
It will be a tall order for sure, but athletically Cuero matches up very well against WOS. Their defense is pretty salty, but WOS is still the favorite. They were going to be the favorite no matter who won last night in our game.

Jury is still out on whether or not I go to this game or the Katy/Steele game. Good luck to you both and may the best team win!

WOS1
12-06-2015, 09:41 PM
Injuries and youthfulness slowed the Gobblers down. Now just about everyone is healthy.
I've heard this from someone else, too. Who was hurt?

footballgal
12-06-2015, 11:18 PM
Rooting for the Gobblers, Go Mean Green!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-07-2015, 12:20 AM

You just gotta know which neighborhoods inside the 610 Loop are up & coming. The house I'm in was got for cheap.

iFootball
12-07-2015, 12:30 AM
It's going to be a great atmosphere. Two traditional powerhouses going at it for the first time. I remember when Cuero played Gilmer at Sam Houston. The air cold, the atmosphere was electric, and the game was amazing.

sourhern
12-07-2015, 03:50 AM
In the playoffs Cuero has out scored their opponents 156-38

Blue42
12-07-2015, 08:24 AM
I've heard this from someone else, too. Who was hurt?

Almost everyone had 5 starters out at 1 time that played on O and D then had backups for them injured too and Freshmen and Soph. That have not played at varsity level before.

chaingang
12-07-2015, 09:29 AM
In the playoffs Cuero has out scored their opponents 156-38

Were neck and neck on that stat. I believe we have outscored ours. 220-31

Red&White_9x5
12-07-2015, 09:29 AM
Pretty impressive late season run the Gobblers have been on. I don't think they can hang with W-O-S (I don't think the other two will be able to either), but Cuero hasn't seemed to have gotten hot at the right time

sourhern
12-07-2015, 09:41 AM
Come on wos had scarborough n Caldwell u played 3/4 places in their districts

sourhern
12-07-2015, 09:51 AM
Cuero has played 3 straight winners of their district

99IHSMustang
12-07-2015, 10:12 AM
Does anyone know if there is going to be a video broadcast of this game?

griff
12-07-2015, 10:25 AM
Come on wos had scarborough n Caldwell u played 3/4 places in their districts

Well, if we're going to make these type of comparisons, let's glance at more detail about both teams' accomplishments. WO-S beat Wharton 47-15, a team that beat Cuero 35-13. WO-S also has a higher strength of schedule than Cuero for the season. Honestly, these comparisons won't matter when the kickoff starts, but since a few people wanted to beat their chest a little, I thought it would be worthwhile to throw these facts into the thought process.

WO-S players and coaches will not make the mistake of taking Cuero lightly. Any team feeling overconfident at this late stage of the playoffs is foolish and setting up themselves for defeat. Regardless of WO-S being the "favorite" by the prognosicators, that is NOT the way the WO-S football team will approach this game. Cuero has their respect.

OLE'BULL
12-07-2015, 10:38 AM
Well, if we're going to make these type of comparisons, let's glance at more detail about both teams' accomplishments. WO-S beat Wharton 47-15, a team that beat Cuero 35-13. WO-S also has a higher strength of schedule than Cuero for the season. Honestly, these comparisons won't matter when the kickoff starts, but since a few people wanted to beat their chest a little, I thought it would be worthwhile to throw these facts into the thought process.

WO-S players and coaches will not make the mistake of taking Cuero lightly. Any team feeling overconfident at this late stage of the playoffs is foolish and setting up themselves for defeat. Regardless of WO-S being the "favorite" by the prognosicators, that is NOT the way the WO-S football team will approach this game. Cuero has their respect.

Perfectly said. I am guilty of assuming WOS should win with no problem. But I am just a football fan and I am allowed to think that way, BUT what I say or think doesn't matter. I can promise you WOS is as focused as ever (as is Cuero). You don't get to the Semi-Final game by accident, and you sure don't get there and blow it because you were looking ahead. Both teams know what is on the line. I went back and looked at Cueros schedule and losses.
1) Wharton- It was early in the season. Cuero was banged up. Wharton is no slouch.
2) Calhoun- Still early and banged up. Don't know much about Calhoun.
3) Columbus- Still banged up. Bellville knows Columbus is on the verge of being a really good football team. They damn near beat us at home. They probably should have but we got a penalty off a bone head unsportsmanlike by Columbus that put is in field goal range to win it at the end of the game.
4) Giddings- Giddings is a damn good football team. Bellvillle knows that too. And Giddings had they stud QB when Cuero played them.
5) Sinton- Cuero took care of them Friday night so it is irrelevant!

Cuero is deceiving. My brother has been saying that since the playoffs started. He has picked them as the winner in his bracket since week one and I thought he was crazy every time. This should be a good one, but I still believe WOS has too many weapons. Even though the Brahmas are out, I am still a football fan so of course will follow it until the bitter end. Is texanlive.com broadcasting the video of it this week? I would think so...

SintonFan_inAustin
12-07-2015, 10:42 AM
The "good size and speed similar ro Foster" is a riot of laughs. There is no team in 4AD2 that compares to that monster of a team. They had 6A numbers (2300+), 74 players on their roster, and WO-S really had no business playing them. We did play them close last year, but this year's Foster team was just too much for anyone in our division. WO-S was literally out of their league in that game and I hope we never play them again.lol. If you say so forgot WOS is above any other 4a team

SintonFan_inAustin
12-07-2015, 10:46 AM

WO-S players and coaches will not make the mistake of taking Cuero lightly. Any team feeling overconfident at this late stage of the playoffs is foolish and setting up themselves for defeat. Regardless of WO-S being the "favorite" by the prognosicators, that is NOT the way the WO-S football team will approach this game. Cuero has their respect.What was the numbers last season heading into Sinton game, Region 3 hasn't challenge WOS past two seasons.

griff
12-07-2015, 10:47 AM
Perfectly said. I am guilty of assuming WOS should win with no problem. But I am just a football fan and I am allowed to think that way, BUT what I say or think doesn't matter. I can promise you WOS is as focused as ever (as is Cuero). You don't get to the Semi-Final game by accident, and you sure don't get there and blow it because you were looking ahead. Both teams know what is on the line. I went back and looked at Cueros schedule and losses.
1) Wharton- It was early in the season. Cuero was banged up. Wharton is no slouch.
3) Columbus- Still banged up. Bellville knows Columbus is on the verge of being a really good football team. They damn near beat us at home. They probably should have but we got a penalty off a bone head unsportsmanlike by Columbus that put is in field goal range to win it at the end of the game.
4) Giddings- Giddings is a damn good football team. Bellvillle knows that too. And Giddings had they stud QB when Cuero played them.

Cuero is deceiving. My brother has been saying that since the playoffs started. He has picked them as the winner in his bracket since week one and I thought he was crazy every time. This should be a good one, but I still believe WOS has too many weapons. Even though the Brahmas are out, I am still a football fan so of course will follow it until the bitter end. Is texanlive.com broadcasting the video of it this week? I would think so...

No, texanlive will not broadcast this one. They carried the last two because they have contractual connections with the stadium where the games were played (Texan Drive Stadium in Porter). They do not have the same arrangement with Tully Stadium.

griff
12-07-2015, 10:51 AM
lol. If you say so forgot WOS is above any other 4a team

How and why would you conclude that bonehead response? My point was to compliment how good Richmond Foster is. They absolutely whipped WO-S in that game and would do the same to anyone in 4AD2. I'm sorry you don't know enough about them, but seeing that team up close and every other game WO-S has played, RF is just that much better. Fortunately, we will not be playing them next year. WO-S fans want no more of that team.

buff4ever
12-07-2015, 10:51 AM
Sorry cuero, I have to go with wos. I think it is their year. They will prove to be too much for the gobbler this week.

Have been very impressed with what the gobblers have done though in the last several weeks.

OLE'BULL
12-07-2015, 10:55 AM
No, texanlive will not broadcast this one. They carried the last two because they have contractual connections with the stadium where the games were played (Texan Drive Stadium in Porter). They do not have the same arrangement with Tully Stadium.

Dern! Maybe I will have to sneak over there and catch it...

SintonFan_inAustin
12-07-2015, 10:58 AM
Dern! Maybe I will have to sneak over there and catch it...
That's the best option, live :)

sourhern
12-07-2015, 11:41 AM

Very well said. Cuero is finally healthy and all the young talent is finally acclimated. So for the preseason it was a healing and learning time. It's playoff time but don't be to shocked when the outcome of the game isn't the way your heart wants it to be.

1st and goal
12-07-2015, 12:02 PM

You got that correct. Her chirren and her friend Watusi's bus ticket cost OMG over $900. Maybe y'all can pass the hat at the game???

1st and goal
12-07-2015, 12:08 PM
You just gotta know which neighborhoods inside the 610 Loop are up & coming. The house I'm in was got for cheap.

3rd or 4th ward? :)

chaingang
12-07-2015, 12:23 PM
You got that correct. Her chirren and her friend Watusi's bus ticket cost OMG over $900. Maybe y'all can pass the hat at the game???

And you know she would want to bring all of them to Houston to watch the Mustangs. LOL

Weebe
12-07-2015, 01:26 PM
WOS by 21.

1st and goal
12-07-2015, 01:48 PM
And you know she would want to bring all of them to Houston to watch the Mustangs. LOL

They would have to reserve a whole row for her, Watusi and the kids.

Maybe that ignant a$$ Michael Bury would pay for their trip and buy the kids some ring pops.

1st and goal
12-07-2015, 01:49 PM
I actually like about 85% of what Michael Berry has to say.

chaingang
12-07-2015, 02:16 PM
they would have to reserve a whole row for her, watusi and the kids.

Maybe that ignant a$$ michael bury would pay for their trip and buy the kids some ring pops.

lol!!!!!

chaingang
12-07-2015, 02:19 PM
Lol...exactly.

Can you name them? Lol...

19 chirrens. Their names are; Cheeto Limbo, Cracker Jack Orangejello, K-Martina Salmonella, Velveeta Genitalia, Catfish Leroy, Coco Puffs Pluto, Penelope Jack Daniels, Buford, Lemonjello, Aloe Vera Maybelline, Gingivitis Brillcreme, DeMoctorious Delorian, Nova Scotia Bubblicious, Taikwondo, Lincoln Tinactin, Temptation Fallopia, ElDorado Desamiquianica, Chromosoma Obstetria and Shi'thead.

WOS1
12-07-2015, 04:07 PM
Were neck and neck on that stat. I believe we have outscored ours. 220-31

That's not "neck and neck"...

WOS1
12-07-2015, 04:41 PM
I know everyone loves a cinderella story and, if my Mustangs weren't still rolling, I'd be inclined to jump on the Cuero band wagon. You gotta love the under dog making good. But... This game is going to be about X's and O's, not a fairy tale. I believe the Mustangs will do some things that Cuero has not seen. Cuero has had a lot of success defensively by putting 8 in the box and focusing on stopping the run. I do not think they will be able to do that against WOS because our pass is just as effective (if not more so) than our run. I think (hope) we will have success via the air in the beginning which will force Cuero to back off of the LOS and will open up some running lanes. On the flip side, I believe we will focus on stopping the Cuero running game and force them to have to beat us via the air ways which I do not believe Martinez will be able to do on a consistent basis. I think we will take away the run and force some mistakes when they have to get the ball downfield. I think the WOS run defense is good enough to take away the run and force the pass. I've seen most of the Cuero games on film and many of the playoff games. They have not a faced a team yet with the kind of team speed and defense that WOS will bring. I also think the Sinton game would have been a different game if Cohea had not been out. That forced Sinton to become one dimensional and they just did not look like the same team I saw last year in the semi-finals. Anyway, that's my take, for what it's worth. Hope I'm right.

sourhern
12-07-2015, 05:23 PM
I believe Cuero can match up against them they are without a doubt very fast and shifty. Their 3-4 cover 2 zone is really impressive to watch. Especially at this level (4A). I think it will be a better game than you guys think. All I want to know is it Saturday yet

44INAROW
12-07-2015, 05:38 PM
. I also think the Sinton game would have been a different game if Cohea had not been out. That forced Sinton to become one dimensional and they just did not look like the same team I saw last year in the semi-finals. .

I can't and won't dispute anything you wrote in your post about WO-S - I don't get on here and beat my chest with "we're going to kick your a$$" type of threads.. I've been around the block... (hence 44inarow) and seen all kinds of speed, whether it was a Cuero team or opposing team... - I have no doubt you guys have it. Yes, we are obviously the underdogs... and at 9-5, should be. My comment comes from your last statement.. Cuero lead the 1st meeting against the Pirates and Sinton scored at the very end of the game to win 14-10... so I don't think a different QB would have made a difference.. Who knows... or who cares.... We're playing in the Semi Finals and we damn well deserve to be there. Again, make no mistake, I'm not making any preditions, I never do.... But I hope with all I have that Cuero pulls this win off... :)

banderafan
12-07-2015, 06:28 PM
Cuero is on roll and peaking at the right time!. I don't think anyone would have predicted wins against both Navarro and Sinton before the playoffs started. Pulling for Cuero.

WOS1
12-07-2015, 06:39 PM
I can't and won't dispute anything you wrote in your post about WO-S - I don't get on here and beat my chest with "we're going to kick your a$$" type of threads.. I've been around the block... (hence 44inarow) and seen all kinds of speed, whether it was a Cuero team or opposing team... - I have no doubt you guys have it. Yes, we are obviously the underdogs... and at 9-5, should be. My comment comes from your last statement.. Cuero lead the 1st meeting against the Pirates and Sinton scored at the very end of the game to win 14-10... so I don't think a different QB would have made a difference.. Who knows... or who cares.... We're playing in the Semi Finals and we damn well deserve to be there. Again, make no mistake, I'm not making any preditions, I never do.... But I hope with all I have that Cuero pulls this win off... :)

I am not making any prediction either, simply stating what I hope happens in our game. Like you, I've been around the block a few times... ;). As familiar as you are with the game, you should know how important team leaders are and what happens when they are suddenly missing. Not trying to discount your win, but you must acknowledge the fact that they weren't the same team. I mean, you lost the first game and you won the 2nd by pitching a shut out. The first game, you lost in the waning minutes on a great play made by the very guy they were missing this time. That doesn't mean you wouldn't have won anyway. I'm not saying that at all, but do you honestly think you win 28-0 if Cohea is still on the field? Just asking, not trying to argue or be sarcastic.

GUNHO
12-07-2015, 06:40 PM
I can't and won't dispute anything you wrote in your post about WO-S - I don't get on hear and beat my chest with "we're going to kick your a$$" type of threads.. I've been around the block... (hence 44inarow) and seen all kinds of speed, whether it was a Cuero team or opposing team... - I have no doubt you guys have it. Yes, we are obviously the underdogs... and at 9-5, should be. My comment comes from your last statement.. Cuero lead the 1st meeting against the Pirates and Sinton scored at the very end of the game to win 14-10... so I don't think a different QB would have made a difference.. Who knows... or who cares.... We're playing in the Semi Finals and we damn well deserve to be there. Again, make no mistake, I'm not making any preditions, I never do.... But I hope with all I have that Cuero pulls this win off... :)

I'm to old to beat my chest...might beat something out of place.I have been following Cuero sense we moved down and have always pulled for them.Dreamed of this match for a long time.Two great and football rich progams bout to square off.Of course i'm pulling for my team just like you 44 and my hope is that my dream don't come back to bite me in the arse.

WOS1
12-07-2015, 07:05 PM
I can't and won't dispute anything you wrote in your post about WO-S - I don't get on here and beat my chest with "we're going to kick your a$$" type of threads.. I've been around the block... (hence 44inarow) and have seen all kinds of speed, whether it was a Cuero team or opposing team... - I have no doubt you guys have it. Yes, we are obviously the underdogs... and at 9-5, should be. My comment comes from your last statement.. Cuero lead the 1st meeting against the Pirates and Sinton scored at the very end of the game to win 14-10... so I don't think a different QB would have made a difference.. Who knows... or who cares.... We're playing in the Semi Finals and we damn well deserve to be there. Again, make no mistake, I'm not making any preditions, I never do.... But I hope with all I have that Cuero pulls this win off... :)

I sure hope you didn't take my post as me beating my chest. In fact I'm very worried about the game. My post was based on what I hope we are able to do.

chaingang
12-07-2015, 07:45 PM
That's not "neck and neck"...

I was trying to be civil. Lol

44INAROW
12-07-2015, 07:55 PM
I sure hope you didn't take my post as me beating my chest. In fact I'm very worried about the game. My post was based on what I hope we are able to do.

No,no. Absolutely not..... I understand 100%. Didn't take it that way at all..like I said on an earlier post (somewhere😜) If someone would have told me early/mid October, we'd be in the semis, I'd of asked what they were smoking. This group realized they have something special during district and young players learned the plays and others healed up...and they kept getting better each week.
I'm just glad all 3 of my boys are long gone from high school so I can actually enjoy the game instead of being a nervous wreck. I will be nervous enough as it is💚
Go Mean Green

chaingang
12-07-2015, 08:07 PM
Cuero is on roll and peaking at the right time!. I don't think anyone would have predicted wins against both Navarro and Sinton before the playoffs started. Pulling for Cuero.

No chest beating here but we're not Sinton and definitely not Navarro.

bd62
12-07-2015, 08:19 PM
I know everyone loves a cinderella story and, if my Mustangs weren't still rolling, I'd be inclined to jump on the Cuero band wagon. You gotta love the under dog making good. But... This game is going to be about X's and O's, not a fairy tale. I believe the Mustangs will do some things that Cuero has not seen. Cuero has had a lot of success defensively by putting 8 in the box and focusing on stopping the run. I do not think they will be able to do that against WOS because our pass is just as effective (if not more so) than our run. I think (hope) we will have success via the air in the beginning which will force Cuero to back off of the LOS and will open up some running lanes. On the flip side, I believe we will focus on stopping the Cuero running game and force them to have to beat us via the air ways which I do not believe Martinez will be able to do on a consistent basis. I think we will take away the run and force some mistakes when they have to get the ball downfield. I think the WOS run defense is good enough to take away the run and force the pass. I've seen most of the Cuero games on film and many of the playoff games. They have not a faced a team yet with the kind of team speed and defense that WOS will bring. I also think the Sinton game would have been a different game if Cohea had not been out. That forced Sinton to become one dimensional and they just did not look like the same team I saw last year in the semi-finals. Anyway, that's my take, for what it's worth. Hope I'm right.
Very good points. No doubt they sorely missed Cohes but the result would have been the same. Cuero is just at a high level of play and would had made adjustment to counter him. With him they had 81 Yds rushing and 81 passing in first game. One thing I noticed early in game Cuero pass on first down to loosen up Sinton and it open up running game. He got it to those young speedster and they did the rest. 10 for 11 for 84 yards and QB ability to run or pass opened up The running game for Hopkins and Mathis. If they had not mixed in some passing then the running game would not as effective. Cuero defense has really reached a high level of play that really amazing change from pre dist. Healthy and really peaking at right time has allowed them to dominate R-4 We see if that's enough to beat a team the caliber of WOS. I saw the live stream Friday and they were a different team second half. Very impressive and what I noticed they are very discipline and play with class. Tells a lot about there coaching staff and caliber of kids Cuero is also very discipline and well coached. Ought to be a fun game to watch

chaingang
12-07-2015, 08:33 PM
Very good points. No doubt they sorely missed Cohes but the result would have been the same. Cuero is just at a high level of play and would had made adjustment to counter him. With him they had 81 Yds rushing and 81 passing in first game. One thing I noticed early in game Cuero pass on first down to loosen up Sinton and it open up running game. He got it to those young speedster and they did the rest. 10 for 11 for 84 yards and QB ability to run or pass opened up The running game for Hopkins and Mathis. If they had mixed in some passing then the running game would not as effective. Cuero defense has really reached a high level of play that really amazing change from pre dist. Healthy and really peaking at right time has allowed them to dominate R-4 We see if that's enough to beat a team the caliber of WOS. I saw the live stream Friday and they were a different team second half. Very impressive and what I noticed they are very discipline and play with class. Tells a lot about there coaching staff and caliber of kids Cuero is also very discipline and well coached. Ought to be a fun game to watch

That is one thing you can take to the bank about us, win or lose, we are great sports and beyond disciplined. Looks like Cuero is too.

1stnurseryman
12-07-2015, 08:46 PM
I am not making any prediction either, simply stating what I hope happens in our game. Like you, I've been around the block a few times... ;). As familiar as you are with the game, you should know how important team leaders are and what happens when they are suddenly missing. Not trying to discount your win, but you must acknowledge the fact that they weren't the same team. I mean, you lost the first game and you won the 2nd by pitching a shut out. The first game, you lost in the waning minutes on a great play made by the very guy they were missing this time. That doesn't mean you wouldn't have won anyway. I'm not saying that at all, but do you honestly think you win 28-0 if Cohea is still on the field? Just asking, not trying to argue or be sarcastic.

Maybe you gotta remember we lost Martinez early in that game... But none of this matters anymore... Haven't seen all the teams y'all have played but betting Cuero will be one of the most physical y'all will play

lostaussie
12-07-2015, 09:19 PM
Not going to go back through the thread, but curious why the game will be played on Saturday and give the winner a short week. I don't know how much of a disadvantage it will be if any, but I know our coaches do not think like that.

WOS1
12-07-2015, 09:41 PM
Very good points. No doubt they sorely missed Cohes but the result would have been the same. Cuero is just at a high level of play and would had made adjustment to counter him. With him they had 81 Yds rushing and 81 passing in first game. One thing I noticed early in game Cuero pass on first down to loosen up Sinton and it open up running game. He got it to those young speedster and they did the rest. 10 for 11 for 84 yards and QB ability to run or pass opened up The running game for Hopkins and Mathis. If they had not mixed in some passing then the running game would not as effective. Cuero defense has really reached a high level of play that really amazing change from pre dist. Healthy and really peaking at right time has allowed them to dominate R-4 We see if that's enough to beat a team the caliber of WOS. I saw the live stream Friday and they were a different team second half. Very impressive and what I noticed they are very discipline and play with class. Tells a lot about there coaching staff and caliber of kids Cuero is also very discipline and well coached. Ought to be a fun game to watch

Agreed, nice post!

WOS1
12-07-2015, 09:42 PM
Maybe you gotta remember we lost Martinez early in that game... But none of this matters anymore... Haven't seen all the teams y'all have played but betting Cuero will be one of the most physical y'all will play

I believe they will be. WOS will be very physical as well... This will be an old fashioned slobber knocker.

WOS1
12-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Not going to go back through the thread, but curious why the game will be played on Saturday and give the winner a short week. I don't know how much of a disadvantage it will be if any, but I know our coaches do not think like that.

It had to have been a "flip" thing for sure Aussie, because our coach is adamant about playing on Friday. Being that we are visitors, my guess would be this was something Cuero wanted and we lost the flip.

HEMOTOXIC
12-07-2015, 09:55 PM
WO-S by 28+

lostaussie
12-07-2015, 09:59 PM
It had to have been a "flip" thing for sure Aussie, because our coach is adamant about playing on Friday. Being that we are visitors, my guess would be this was something Cuero wanted and we lost the flip.

Well expect some orange in the house......I don't know if it will be Buckeye orange or Bobcat orange....... But one of them is gonna be there!!!

chaingang
12-07-2015, 10:12 PM

I'll keep my mouth shut but have a pretty good idea why Cuero wanted to play this game on Saturday. But like I said earlier in this post, I'm keeping it civil.

Blue42
12-07-2015, 10:19 PM
19 chirrens. Their names are; Cheeto Limbo, Cracker Jack Orangejello, K-Martina Salmonella, Velveeta Genitalia, Catfish Leroy, Coco Puffs Pluto, Penelope Jack Daniels, Buford, Lemonjello, Aloe Vera Maybelline, Gingivitis Brillcreme, DeMoctorious Delorian, Nova Scotia Bubblicious, Taikwondo, Lincoln Tinactin, Temptation Fallopia, ElDorado Desamiquianica, Chromosoma Obstetria and Shi'thead.
When my wife read this she almost peed her pants.

WOS92
12-08-2015, 07:27 AM
I don't mean to be a party pooper and I am most definitely not pointing fingers because I know some of you personally and can vouch for your character, but can we chill with the Shirley Q? I first heard it in middle school on the fake answering machine in Orange that a friend showed me (who is black). It was funny, but a lot of people are offended and equate it to performing in black face. It is pretty cringe worthy.

Just in case that offends, let me redirect:
WOS 987 Cuero -14

GUNHO
12-08-2015, 09:12 AM
I don't mean to be a party pooper and I am most definitely not pointing fingers because I know some of you personally and can vouch for your character, but can we chill with the Shirley Q? I first heard it in middle school on the fake answering machine in Orange that a friend showed me (who is black). It was funny, but a lot of people are offended and equate it to performing in black face. It is pretty cringe worthy.

WOS 987 Cuero -14

That should do it.:stirpot:

chaingang
12-08-2015, 10:46 AM

WOS 987 Cuero -14

No offense at all and respect that 100%.

chaingang
12-08-2015, 10:47 AM

WOS 987 Cuero -14

Nah, we only need a couple hundred more to beat Gilmers season score record so......WOS 252-Cuero-3 (Seems like teams just want to kick fieldgoals agaisnt us this season) LOL

pirate4state
12-08-2015, 11:27 AM
..... (Seems like teams just want to kick fieldgoals agaisnt us this season) LOL

kick field goals :fnypost:

SintonFan_inAustin
12-08-2015, 02:06 PM
I am not making any prediction either, simply stating what I hope happens in our game. Like you, I've been around the block a few times... ;). As familiar as you are with the game, you should know how important team leaders are and what happens when they are suddenly missing. Not trying to discount your win, but you must acknowledge the fact that they weren't the same team. I mean, you lost the first game and you won the 2nd by pitching a shut out. The first game, you lost in the waning minutes on a great play made by the very guy they were missing this time. That doesn't mean you wouldn't have won anyway. I'm not saying that at all, but do you honestly think you win 28-0 if Cohea is still on the field? Just asking, not trying to argue or be sarcastic.Cohea would of help some and more on defensive side but Cuero line was the difference in stopping Sinton both times we played and this time around made some good adjustments from the first meeting and were able to find the lanes offensively. Should be the same in this matchup the guys up front will decide how well the skill players can perform.

chaingang
12-08-2015, 02:10 PM
Cohea would of help some and more on defensive side but Cuero line was the difference in stopping Sinton both times we played and this time around made some good adjustments from the first meeting and were able to find the lanes offensively. Should be the same in this matchup the guys up front will decide how well the skill players can perform.

Yep, some big turkeys up front on that team. Well see how our slow D Line will fare.:crazy:

SintonFan_inAustin
12-08-2015, 02:12 PM
Yep, some big turkeys up front on that team. Well see how our slow D Line will fare.:crazy:
speed at the line some times win and some times it doesn't :)

SintonFan_inAustin
12-08-2015, 02:14 PM
hows the SE tx forum seeing it, haven't check it out since the start of the season

chaingang
12-08-2015, 03:33 PM
hows the SE tx forum seeing it, haven't check it out since the start of the season

Been very quiet. No Cureo fans to mess with. Like last week against Bellville. Might to start acting like the Gilmore, I mean Glimmer folks last week and start arguing with ourselves. LOL

WOS1
12-08-2015, 04:41 PM
speed at the line some times win and some times it doesn't :)

I'll take 225 and fast over 260 and slow... :)

GUNHO
12-08-2015, 04:49 PM

Nothing going on over there.Awfully quite.They must be getting scarrrrred or I just didn't get the memo.

CHSfan
12-09-2015, 02:25 AM
I was trying to be civil. Lol

Considering our opponents vs yours, I would consider it pretty darn close to neck and neck. We beat PI, #6 sinton and #9 Navarro compared to WOS defeating no ranked teams thus far in the playoffs... A total of 38 points to the caliber of those teams is nothing to turn a nose at!

GUNHO
12-09-2015, 08:44 AM
Considering our opponents vs yours, I would consider it pretty darn close to neck and neck. We beat PI, #6 sinton and #9 Navarro compared to WOS defeating no ranked teams thus far in the playoffs... A total of 38 points to the caliber of those teams is nothing to turn a nose at!

As I have stated before,Cuero has done an outstanding job to get here considering how they started out and my hats off to them.WO-S has to play who is put in front of them.BTW, I beleive WO-S could beat those teams you mentioned If they had the chance also so it is really a mute point.We know Cuero will come prepared and I can assure you WO-S will as well.Should be a great game.

WOS1
12-09-2015, 08:46 AM

Come on man. Do you REALLY want to look closely at the two schedules? Lol

Ranked teams??? No we haven't beat the ranked teams in the playoffs, we just beat the teams that beat the ranked teams...lol

griff
12-09-2015, 08:49 AM

For what it's worth, WO-S' strength of schedule for the entire season is ranked higher than Cuero's mainly due to our brutal preseason schedule. Ultimately, it won't matter in the favor of either team Saturday. The team who executes best will win.

Old Green
12-09-2015, 10:03 AM
Come on man. Do you REALLY want to look closely at the two schedules? Lol

Ranked teams??? No we haven't beat the ranked teams in the playoffs, we just beat the teams that beat the ranked teams...lol:iagree:

chaingang
12-09-2015, 10:30 AM
Woo Hoo!! I found 2 Cuero posters!! Where have yall been? Turkey season is over right? Sorry, had to. LOL. Yall need to go and post on the other board too. Its boring over there.

WOS1
12-09-2015, 11:07 AM
Woo Hoo!! I found 2 Cuero posters!! Where have yall been? Turkey season is over right? Sorry, had to. LOL. Yall need to go and post on the other board too. Its boring over there.
What other board?

The Bull #40
12-09-2015, 11:11 AM
Rolling with WOS in this one! I had them vs. Celina in the state championship in my pre-playoff bracket and it looks like that may hold true if they can get past a hot Cuero team! WOS played with a ton of class and discipline last week and beat us pretty handily after the first half. Congrats to WOS and go take state, you've got one Brahma fan rooting for you!

WOS1
12-09-2015, 11:13 AM
And since we have a few Cuero folks reading now. Please help me understand why, if he really believes he can win this game, would Reeves want to friggin play on Saturday???? This put whomever wins behind the eight ball for preparing for the SC on Friday. Plus you add in the potential for bad weather and this just looks like a totally piss poor decision. And yes it WAS Reeves choice, he won the toss. Not trying to be ugly, but dang it... And yes, there were plenty of stadiums available Friday... Just makes no sense to me, sorry.

bd62
12-09-2015, 11:36 AM
And since we have a few Cuero folks reading now. Please help me understand why, if he really believes he can win this game, would Reeves want to friggin play on Saturday???? This put whomever wins behind the eight ball for preparing for the SC on Friday. Plus you add in the potential for bad weather and this just looks like a totally piss poor decision. And yes it WAS Reeves choice, he won the toss. Not trying to be ugly, but dang it... And yes, there were plenty of stadiums available Friday... Just makes no sense to me, sorry.

Not sure because he normally like Friday. If he had won toss against Sinton he would have played on Friday. Sinton had played on Saturday the week before so that's the reason they picked Saturday to give them full week. Reeves may have same thought to have a full week before next game. That's my take on why Saturday.

GUNHO
12-09-2015, 11:50 AM
Not sure because he normally like Friday. If he had won toss against Sinton he would have played on Friday. Sinton had played on Saturday the week before so that's the reason they picked Saturday to give them full week. Reeves may have same thought to have a full week before next game. That's my take on why Saturday.

That could very well be the reason.Anyway it is what it is.Saturday works for me seeing I can't get off work early and wouldn't get there until half time or so.Hate that it gives a short week for whoever wins though.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-09-2015, 11:53 AM
Not sure because he normally like Friday. If he had won toss against Sinton he would have played on Friday. Sinton had played on Saturday the week before so that's the reason they picked Saturday to give them full week. Reeves may have same thought to have a full week before next game. That's my take on why Saturday.That's usually the reason Cuero most likely wanted a full week of preparation for the next game. This happens in baseball also but its more of a factor in that sport the short week.

Rocket Man
12-09-2015, 02:50 PM
Adjusted Stats Matchup Analyzer

WOS 36 Cuero 8

Based on stats from games played through 12/05/15

http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings-stats/tools/txhsfbmatchup.php?team1=West+Orange-Stark&site=%40&team2=Cuero

C N Green
12-09-2015, 03:32 PM

WOS 36 Cuero 8

http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings-stats/tools/txhsfbmatchup.php?team1=West+Orange-Stark&site=%40&team2=Cuero

The same site suggested that Sinton would defeat Cuero by a margin of 24 to 21.

GUNHO
12-09-2015, 03:41 PM
The same site suggested that Sinton would defeat Cuero by a margin of 24 to 21.

After reading Rockets post I was like alright.
You just busted my bubble.:D

C N Green
12-09-2015, 04:00 PM
After reading Rockets post I was like alright.
You just busted my bubble.:D

Both teams are playing at a level where the air is thin and their minds are focused, so we will let the boys sort it out on the field.

WOS1
12-09-2015, 04:27 PM

WOS 36 Cuero 8

Would be nice! :)

sourhern
12-09-2015, 05:15 PM

WOS 36 Cuero 8

Hey this same site said Navarro would hang 42 on us

1stnurseryman
12-09-2015, 05:20 PM
I'll take 225 and fast over 260 and slow... :)

Lol... They're not slow... Y'all's D line doesn't look 225 but you would know

griff
12-09-2015, 06:28 PM

Not only is the Saturday choice a bad deal, but Reeves wanted to play at 6:00pm, but Coach Thompson insisted an earlier start time (2:00PM). WO-S won the flip on that one.

solocam
12-09-2015, 06:31 PM
WOS bt 17

chaingang
12-09-2015, 07:06 PM
That could very well be the reason.Anyway it is what it is.Saturday works for me seeing I can't get off work early and wouldn't get there until half time or so.Hate that it gives a short week for whoever wins though.

That can't be the reason. The "next game" is next Friday at 4pm at NRG stadium. The reason is clear if you really think about it!!

iFootball
12-09-2015, 07:13 PM
That can't be the reason. The "next game" is next Friday at 4pm at NRG stadium. The reason is clear if you really think about it!!

Maybe the school district preferred not having another early release for a Friday game in case Cuero played the state game Friday afternoon? I can't think of any other reason why the semifinal game wouldn't be played on Friday...

lostaussie
12-09-2015, 07:19 PM

You are killing me with your hypothesis. Please pm me and let me know what it is. I can't for the life of me figure why Coach Reeve wanted to play on Saturday and especially at 6. Unless you think he was begging for rain to help slow down your passing attack??

1stnurseryman
12-09-2015, 07:30 PM
Grades?? Not saying that's it... Just a shot in the dark

chaingang
12-09-2015, 07:41 PM
You are killing me with your hypothesis. Please pm me and let me know what it is. I can't for the life of me figure why Coach Reeve wanted to play on Saturday and especially at 6. Unless you think he was begging for rain to help slow down your passing attack??

Pm sent. And the scary part about our offense is that we don't have to pass.

wos_sports
12-09-2015, 07:45 PM
Actually he wanted to play at 8pm, but thank goodness coach T won that toss. I just wish coach T would have won the Friday/Saturday flip

1stnurseryman
12-09-2015, 07:47 PM

That's what I was thinking y'all's RB's look good and it looks like y'all have at least 3 real good ones.. 2 pm 48 % rain 7 pm 43 %... However if you think there's certain weather that benefits your team why not try it... Why you think all the teams in NFL don't have domes...

WOS1
12-09-2015, 08:53 PM
Lol... They're not slow... Y'all's D line doesn't look 225 but you would know

Thats an average... 260, 220, 190

WOS1
12-09-2015, 08:56 PM

Well... I wouldn't go that far. That's like having 2 junk yard dogs in the back of your truck but only getting one out for the fight... I mean, you could, but why would you??? :)

GUNHO
12-09-2015, 09:14 PM
Well... I wouldn't go that far. That's like having 2 junk yard dogs in the back of your truck but only getting one out for the fight... I mean, you could, but why would you??? :)

I'm sure we will mix it up as usual unless we can just run at will and I don't think that's going to happen against this team.

WOS1
12-09-2015, 09:26 PM
Enjoy!

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/WO-S-semifinal-versus-Cuero-could-be-either-way-6686422.php#photo-9064437

Old Green
12-09-2015, 10:03 PM
Enjoy!

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/WO-S-semifinal-versus-Cuero-could-be-either-way-6686422.php#photo-9064437Good write up .

chaingang
12-09-2015, 10:06 PM
Another one. Towards the end

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60SolrRwboA&ebc=ANyPxKrxCxR4-xmUdGTmoGQMZ1EYg9_9cnaM3n5h5Oh6IzlwpcbAUD4W2WoKqdh vG6ECW3zJfQt5QeHdJQwoTyCeOeTSY9-R1w

WOS1
12-09-2015, 10:18 PM
Another one. Towards the end

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60SolrRwboA&ebc=ANyPxKrxCxR4-xmUdGTmoGQMZ1EYg9_9cnaM3n5h5Oh6IzlwpcbAUD4W2WoKqdh vG6ECW3zJfQt5QeHdJQwoTyCeOeTSY9-R1w

Well, we're screwed now since he picked us.... I thought he was on Cuero's jock? What happened to that?

WOS87
12-09-2015, 10:58 PM
44INAROW and WOS87 looking to have some sort of meet up either before or during or halftime... ideas?

Blue42
12-10-2015, 02:29 AM
Saturday was picked and a open air field as we want it to rain baby.

2 pm hate day games football should be played under the lights, afternoon games are for Pop Warner.

Go Mean Green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blue42
12-10-2015, 02:39 AM
Thats an average... 260, 220, 190

Man back when I played in the 80's that was a huge line now our RB'S are that heavy.

chaingang
12-10-2015, 09:25 AM
I just noticed the poll up top has us at 12-1. Arent we 13-1? Not that it matters but just being picky.:D

1st and goal
12-10-2015, 01:40 PM
Will this game be on KMAC?

Old Green
12-10-2015, 04:19 PM
Will this game be on KMAC?Yes it will be on KmacSports.

lostaussie
12-10-2015, 04:26 PM
Yes it will be on KmacSports.

I listened to the Sinton broadcast the week before the Cuero game. After the game I sent a message to Kmac about how enjoyable the broadcast was and what a good job the announcers did. They replied back to me the next day and thanked me for listening. I thought that was a nice gesture.

WOS1
12-10-2015, 07:03 PM
44INAROW and WOS87 looking to have some sort of meet up either before or during or halftime... ideas?

After... It'll be early. We should all go break bread together nearby.

44INAROW
12-10-2015, 07:07 PM
After... It'll be early. We should all go break bread together nearby.

That's fine with me, I have to check with Mr44 and 15 yr old granddaughter:vrycnfsd: but I'm sure they'll wanna eat afterward anyway. We aren't familiar with the area though so I'm useless in that area.. I'm sure WOS87 knows the area. :wave:

WOS1
12-10-2015, 07:18 PM
That's fine with me, I have to check with Mr44 and 15 yr old granddaughter�� but I'm sure they'll wanna eat afterward anyway. We aren't familiar with the area though so I'm useless in that area.. I'm sure WOS87 knows the area. ��

I'm sure he does!

pirate4state
12-11-2015, 02:39 PM
Man, this thread died down pretty quick...y'all afraid to step on each other's toes? :D :wave:

44INAROW
12-11-2015, 02:55 PM
Man, this thread died down pretty quick...y'all afraid to step on each other's toes? :D :wave:

not me, just swamped at the office with all this Obamacare dealine crap... I HATE this stuff.....:weeping: then dealing with AT&T and their incompetence... finally got Uverse going again this morning at the house... It's been out since 12/2.... Long story, short - their resolution specialists are worthless but the technicians rock :clap:

Spursfan
12-11-2015, 03:19 PM
Has anyone else notice the lack of coverage of THE CUERO GOBBLERS on all 3 of the major San Antonio News Networks. 4 WOAI, KENS 5 and KSAT 12. I emailed all three at the begining of this week and still not even a mention of this game on Saturday. What really got my blood boiling when KSAT said "We still have 2 area teams in the state playoffs. 2 chances to get to state championship games." I figured Cuero was 1 of them. NOT! Judson and Steele. Also No coverage of the Sinton Cuero game. Kens5 only had piks on there web site.

Here are the Emails! Need your help. Please send an Email to support your Gobblers! I will even make it easy for you. just copy and past.

gsimmons@ksat.com KSAT12
DHarris@news4sanantonio.com WOAI 4
NewsTips@kens5.com KENS 5

SUBJECT: Cuero Gobbler State 4a STATE Semi Finals Game Info

Cuero is in the Class 4a division 2 Semi Final for the first time since 2009. Here is the game info:

WHO: Cuero (Home) vs. West Orange-Stark Mustangs
WHEN: Saturday, Dec.12, 2015 @ 2:00 pm
WHERE: Tully Stadium, 1050 Dairy Ashford, Houston, TX

GO MEAN GREEN!!

Show us some love!!

Spursfan
12-11-2015, 03:47 PM
gsimmyouons@ksat.com KSAT12

Here is the correct Email for KSAT 12
gsimmons@ksat.com KSAT12

I fixed on the 1st post :) (44inarow)

GUNHO
12-11-2015, 05:31 PM

I guess reality is sinking in the closer it gets.People realizing what's at stake.But if it's smack you want...we gonna whup them funny looking birds.Hows that.:D

MUSTANG69
12-11-2015, 05:39 PM
Has anyone else notice the lack of coverage of THE CUERO GOBBLERS on all 3 of the major San Antonio News Networks. 4 WOAI, KENS 5 and KSAT 12. I emailed all three at the begining of this week and still not even a mention of this game on Saturday. What really got my blood boiling when KSAT said "We still have 2 area teams in the state playoffs. 2 chances to get to state championship games." I figured Cuero was 1 of them. NOT! Judson and Steele. Also No coverage of the Sinton Cuero game. Kens5 only had piks on there web site.

Show us some love!!

Since you are in a district with Sinton and Ingleside they may consider you a Corpus Christi area team.:)

44INAROW
12-11-2015, 06:03 PM
Since you are in a district with Sinton and Ingleside they may consider you a Corpus Christi area team.:)
well, if that's the case, we're in deep doo-doo - only time they cover Cuero in the Caller.times is when we play Ingleside and Sinton - oh well.... it is what it is and what it is, is 5:00 and I'm out of the office.....

GO MEAN GREEN :)

XX Man
12-11-2015, 08:54 PM
[QUOTE=but I still believe WOS has too many weapons. Even though the Brahmas are out, I am still a football fan so of course will follow it until the bitter end. Is texanlive.com broadcasting the video of it this week? I would think so...[/QUOTE]

I agree. But, Cuero has had good program, for many years. They did not get here without having talent. WOS needs to be focused and stay there. I think the reason they lost the State game was, they got so far ahead early, that they thought they already had it in the bag. If they keep grinding til the end of game whistle, they should win this one.

griff
12-11-2015, 11:50 PM
I agree. But, Cuero has had good program, for many years. They did not get here without having talent. WOS needs to be focused and stay there. I think the reason they lost the State game was, they got so far ahead early, that they thought they already had it in the bag. If they keep grinding til the end of game whistle, they should win this one.

I disagree, XX Man. I don't think our guys became overconfident in the 2nd half. WO-S lost that game because of the three turnovers in the 2nd half. One was a freebie TD into the end zone. We turned it over, lost some composure, and Gilmer jumped on us. The dropped pass on 4th down at the 12 yard line and bogus penalty on the blocked FG returned for a TD didn't help, either. Our boys are HUNGRY to get back to the big game. They are focused on Cuero tomorrow. Let's hope the weather stays dry between 2:00 - 5:30pm tomorrow. :-)

Tejastrue
12-12-2015, 12:24 AM
I am so looking forward to this game. Best of luck to both teams, I know it will be a good one. Okay..my gut says "Go Stangs!"

WOS87
12-12-2015, 12:26 AM
I hope so but I always worry. WO-S is 5-1 in Semifinal games losing to you know who ^^ in 2005. Just like last year I will be happy whomever wins.. tons of friends from Sinton and Cuero but of course I have to root for my team.

Tejastrue
12-12-2015, 12:56 AM
Losing to who? lol Seriously..this is the year of the Stang, as in WOS. The Gobblers will be a monumental challenge. I have always supported Cuero, (except against us). I just think you guys are past due!

Spursfan
12-12-2015, 04:03 AM
Hey it worked. KSAT 12 Just gave us a shout out. Showed and announced the game info. Greg Simmons Sports Anchor even said "Don't forget the Cuero Gobblers " He must have received a few Emails. Awesome! Go Mean Green!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

WOS87
12-12-2015, 04:23 AM
WOS used to be in the Houston Chronicle rankings in the '80s and '90s but when you drop below the 2nd highest classification you're pretty much forgotten if you aren't within a beltway or loop of Houston, SA or DFW and now Austin.

sourhern
12-12-2015, 05:52 AM
Here is the correct Email for KSAT 12
gsimmons@ksat.com KSAT12

I fixed on the 1st post :) (44inarow)

Fox sports sw is pretty bad about never mentioning Cuero even when the Gobblers were ranked as high as #1 all they got was a 10 sec plug

SintonFan_inAustin
12-12-2015, 09:21 AM
Hey it worked. KSAT 12 Just gave us a shout out. Showed and announced the game info. Greg Simmons Sports Anchor even said "Don't forget the Cuero Gobblers " He must have received a few Emails. Awesome! Go Mean Green!

That's great I saw that in SA.

Was planning leaving this morning from SA to game but the weather possibly has change my plans. Good luck Gobblers should be a great matchup and game.

Spursfan
12-12-2015, 01:58 PM
Just arrived at Stadium. Light rain falling. GO Mean Green!!

Spursfan
12-12-2015, 02:02 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/12/ca8b0ac7cc2df3f6b9954569513dc6c8.jpg

BB BULLS
12-12-2015, 02:48 PM
why is it not on KMAC yet? anybody know

1st and goal
12-12-2015, 02:48 PM
It's gonna be raining, everyone drive safe. Pray for a clean, well officiated, injury free game.

Sorry WOS, no disrespect but my family comes from Cuero and I got to root for the Mean Green.

Everyone drive home safe.

d0tc0m
12-12-2015, 02:57 PM
Good luck to both teams! Bobcats can't wait to play either of you.

Old Green
12-12-2015, 02:58 PM
why is it not on KMAC yet? anybody knowit's on now.

BB BULLS
12-12-2015, 03:03 PM
thank you it has been loading for awhile now i am getting nothing. i always have problems with KMAC is it playing anywhere else?

BB BULLS
12-12-2015, 03:10 PM
would someone please keep me updated i a have waiting all week for this game? have to deal with KMAC

XX Man
12-12-2015, 06:55 PM
Cuero was a challenge, but they came up short. With that said, Marintiz is a tough kid. Hope he makes it to the next level.

1st and goal
12-12-2015, 07:18 PM
I had KMAC problems in the 3rd quarter and I never got it going again.

congrats WOS - Now go clip that Bobcat tail even shorter.

Cuero - great run and awesome how the players turned their season around.

Old Green
12-12-2015, 07:39 PM
Congrats To the Mustangs !

Great season Gobblers !

Tejastrue
12-12-2015, 09:58 PM
Congrats WOS!! You made it! Look out next year for those Gobblers!