PDA

View Full Version : Carthage (11-3) vs La Vega (14-0) 2015 4A D1 State Semifinals

WOS87
12-05-2015, 02:00 AM
Who ya got?

Dawgs
12-05-2015, 02:27 AM
Don't know anything about La Vega except from the box scores looks like they have a killer defense. I'll have to do some study before I'm ready to comment on this one. We did have a major injury tonight, our Sophomore RB Keaontay Ingram went out the 3rd play of the game. Went to the locker room on crutches at halftime. Hopefully it's not serious. He was the spark that created that juggernaut offense we have been seeing in the playoffs.

Post some info about La Vega if you have it. Anything is appreciated.

toddg
12-05-2015, 03:08 AM
La Vega is big and fast..should be a good match up

Saggy Aggie
12-05-2015, 03:11 AM
Where is this one going to be played? Maybe Dallas or Corsicana?

Rabid Cougar
12-05-2015, 08:26 AM
La Vega is big and fast.

Pretty much covered it. You wont be able to pass on them and good luck running on them. Offensively , they have multiple RBs. Doesn't matter who they put in. QB is a sophomore, HC's kid. They run everything from a power I to tunnel sweep to zone read to no backs.

I've got the Pirates.

Weebe
12-05-2015, 08:32 AM
Carthage by 14.

lostaussie
12-05-2015, 08:47 AM
Carthage going to have their hands full this week. So is Vega. This could turn into one of those instant classics

Dawgs
12-05-2015, 08:57 AM
Pretty much covered it. You wont be able to pass on them and good luck running on them. Offensively , they have multiple RBs. Doesn't matter who they put in. QB is a sophomore, HC's kid. They run everything from a power I to tunnel sweep to zone read to no backs.

I've got the Pirates.

Carthage will pass and run on anybody in the state at this point. Now I'm not saying we will put up 550+ yards and 55 points like we have the last 2 weeks, but nobody is going to "shutdown" Carthage offense.

hollywood
12-05-2015, 08:57 AM
Great talent on both teams. I'm giving the edge to Carthage due to coaching experience in big games over the course of almost a decade. It's hard to out coach Carthage's Surratt and staff. Definitely an instant classic in the making.

Carthage by 10.

Bosqueville
12-05-2015, 08:59 AM
Great talent on both teams. I'm giving the edge to Carthage due to coaching experience in big games over the course of almost a decade. It's hard to out coach Carthage's Surratt and staff. Definitely an instant classic in the making.

Carthage by 10.

That coach must have the keys to the city because a guy like him is usually scooped up by a 6A program or even the college ranks. He must be very content!

lostaussie
12-05-2015, 09:01 AM
That coach must have the keys to the city because a guy like him is usually scooped up by a 6A program or even the college ranks. He must be very content!

He does and he is

Dawgs
12-05-2015, 09:02 AM
I watched some highlights of La Vega this morning. They definitely look really good. Looks like the kind of team that will give Carthage trouble. Looked like a power spread running offense, which we have gave up a lot of rushing yards this season. The secondary was the 1st thing that jumped out to me. Now with that said I'm confident they haven't seen anything close to this juggernaut offense Carthage has right now. Better than Sota, better than Silsbee...Best in the state. Should be a really fun game!

Dawgs
12-05-2015, 09:06 AM

He's rich in alot of different ways in Carthage Texas.

zebrablue2
12-05-2015, 09:12 AM
I saw LV against Liberty Hill, and the pirates shut down a good offense. LH was limited to running ( not a passing team ) and rain and wind limited both teams. LV is big and will hit you hard. LV had several snap issues in the shot gun, and if this happens next week, it could be their downfall.
I gotta go with the LV by 6...

Bosqueville
12-05-2015, 09:16 AM
And La Vega is young, very young which is a scary thought for next year..

ctown81
12-05-2015, 09:26 AM
I'm not knocking Lavega at all bc they are VERY GOOD, but with this talk about their D, I don't see anyone on their schedule the level of Carthage on offense. They will give our defense fits for a half but I don't think they're offense is on the level of Silsbee or Navasota. Dawgs by 10.

Stratford 11-Carthage
Navasota 12-Carthage
Lavega will they be 15-0 or 15-Carthage

ctown81
12-05-2015, 09:30 AM
And La Vega is young, very young which is a scary thought for next year..

Both teams are very young. This could very well be a match up for the next 2 yrs. Carthage IMO is one year ahead of schedule this year.

bansheefan03
12-05-2015, 10:08 AM
Any word on when and where yet

Dawgs
12-05-2015, 10:19 AM
Both teams are very young. This could very well be a match up for the next 2 yrs. Carthage IMO is one year ahead of schedule this year.

Carthage is going to be scary in 2017...they will have 4 or 5 players that will score from anywhere in the field. Wow this is going to be a fun run. We will have to find a QB, but that's Surratt's speciality. Carthage is liable to repeat 2008-2010. We gotta start this year though!!

oldtownag
12-05-2015, 10:43 AM
I don't know much about La Vega but Carthage got absolutely beat up against Silsbee! Especially the defense.

The Carthage D continued to make plays the whole game but they were absolutely wobbling to the LOS in the 4th Quarter.

The Carthage RB (speed back) went out on the 3rd play.

Maybe they can heal up by next weekend but it is concerning.

Dawgs
12-05-2015, 11:02 AM
I don't know much about La Vega but Carthage got absolutely beat up against Silsbee! Especially the defense.

The Carthage D continued to make plays the whole game but they were absolutely wobbling to the LOS in the 4th Quarter.

The Carthage RB (speed back) went out on the 3rd play.

Maybe they can heal up by next weekend but it is concerning.

I agree. It seemed like every play somebody was getting hurt. For both teams really. We need to heal up in a hurry. Our defense has been in a war 2 weeks in a row with those 2 offense we faced. I hope the sheer attrition doesn't catch up with us this week. That was 2 of the toughest test you will face as a defense.

Rabid Cougar
12-05-2015, 11:06 AM
I watched some highlights of La Vega this morning. They definitely look really good. Looks like the kind of team that will give Carthage trouble. Looked like a power spread running offense, which we have gave up a lot of rushing yards this season. The secondary was the 1st thing that jumped out to me. Now with that said I'm confident they haven't seen anything close to this juggernaut offense Carthage has right now. Better than Sota, better than Silsbee...Best in the state. Should be a really fun game!

No they just have shut down China Spring twice and took everything Liberty Hill had to throw at them. For sure Carthage will not "out athlete" them

Rabid Cougar
12-05-2015, 11:09 AM

Carthage by 10.

Willie has been at LaVega for 23 years. He has been around the block several times too.

Dawgs
12-05-2015, 11:22 AM
No they just have shut down China Spring twice and took everything Liberty Hill had to throw at them. For sure Carthage will not "out athlete" them

Ya, from the little I watched it looked like they had a ton of athletes. But good thing is Carthage doesn't live and die by trying to "out athlete" teams. Now with that said we have a ton of athletes too, but we are known for physicality and coaching. I just wish I knew more about La Vega or any of there opponents. But when you follow pretty much only East Texas teams and Region 3, that puts me as a fan at a disadvantage in knowing how good the teams are that La Vega has beaten this season. The homer in me says they haven't seen anything close to what Carthage brings to the table on both sides of the ball, but I honestly don't know.

hollywood
12-05-2015, 11:25 AM
Willie has been at LaVega for 23 years. He has been around the block several times too.

Yes, true, but not quite the success in the playoffs as Surratt and Co. Still a very good coach.

oldtownag
12-05-2015, 11:53 AM

Navasota and Silsbee both "out athlete" the Dawgs. Just saying!

cowboyandchrist
12-05-2015, 11:59 AM
The Dawgs have been battle test against some of the best in the state. No doubt La Vega is outstanding and the scores of their games suggest one or two things. They have played all running teams that do not throw much or the teams in that region are all running the ball. The Dawgs are very balanced. I hope Ingram will be good to go, he is a major part of our one two punch in the running game. As far as La Vega stopping our passing game, one word IMPOSSIBLE. Our O line and D line will be the difference in this game. Dawgs win this game by 10. The storm is moving towards La Vega. Let's Go Dawgs !!!!!! God Bless players, coaches, and fans.

garciap77
12-05-2015, 12:08 PM
Bulldogs will not only win this game, but will also win state.

ctown81
12-05-2015, 12:52 PM

You're from Wiley right? Don't you guys play Argyle next week for a trip to state?

toddg
12-05-2015, 01:06 PM
La Vega QB is a playmaker..and leads that offense like a 3 year starter..very poised..surprising for as young as he is.

Rabid Cougar
12-05-2015, 08:03 PM
Friday night in Garland @7:30

garciap77
12-05-2015, 08:16 PM
You're from Wiley right? Don't you guys play Argyle next week for a trip to state?
Yes we do.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Tejastrue
12-05-2015, 08:34 PM
La Vega QB is a playmaker..and leads that offense like a 3 year starter..very poised..surprising for as young as he is.

This team is hungry and will be ready to eat...

Wayne
12-05-2015, 10:42 PM

Will the Cowboys make the playoffs? Just asking since you've predicted the outcome of the State Championship game.

Your not giving any of the other 3 teams any credit including your own. Personally, If I was a Wylie fan, I would make sure you never attended another game, EVER. But you probably don't watch anyway, just a keyboard bandit. Good Luck to all 4 teams remaining. The Title will have to be won, because I can damn sure promise you Argyle, La Vaga, And AW just ain't gonna hand it to you like this jack wagon

garciap77
12-05-2015, 10:46 PM
Will the Cowboys make the playoffs? Just asking since you've predicted the outcome of the State Championship game.

Your not giving any of the other 3 teams any credit including your own. Personally, If I was a Wylie fan, I would make sure you never attended another game, EVER. But you probably don't watch anyway, just a keyboard bandit. Good Luck to all 4 teams remaining. The Title will have to be won, because I can damn sure promise you Argyle just ain't gonna hand it to you.
So now fans can't predict games?

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Wayne
12-05-2015, 10:54 PM
Against your own team? These kids bust their a$$ to get to this stage of the playoffs in search of that ultimate goal. Support YOUR team until their not in it! Don't jump off the train when it's full speed ahead. Last I checked, Abilene Wylie plays Friday @ 7:30pm in Waco, For a spot in the finals.

Wayne
12-05-2015, 10:56 PM
And I can also Promise you this, Argyle hasn't counted Abilene Wylie out!

ctown81
12-06-2015, 01:26 AM
Against your own team? These kids bust their a$$ to get to this stage of the playoffs in search of that ultimate goal. Support YOUR team until their not in it! Don't jump off the train when it's full speed ahead. Last I checked, Abilene Wylie plays Friday @ 7:30pm in Waco, For a spot in the finals.

The man gave his honest opinion. Youre downing himbc he's not a Homer? So he can only predict his team to win? In 2012 I predicted Stephenville to win it all b/c I thought they were the best team. No one in carthage banned me.

LionFan72
12-06-2015, 01:51 AM

Your not giving any of the other 3 teams any credit including your own. Personally, If I was a Wylie fan, I would make sure you never attended another game, EVER. But you probably don't watch anyway, just a keyboard bandit. Good Luck to all 4 teams remaining. The Title will have to be won, because I can damn sure promise you Argyle, La Vaga, And AW just ain't gonna hand it to you like this jack wagon

Wow, Bubba Wayne, his home team happens to be BULLDOGS too, should tighten up your lips and seal em! The fight of 4 begins Friday night! Ya JackWaGoN!! It is a pun on words!>!>!!

LionFan72
12-06-2015, 02:22 AM
I can see this as a last man standing wins type of game! Two high powered offenses, versus two high powered defenses! Should be a good one, don't miss an extra point!!

solocam
12-06-2015, 08:17 AM
Carthage by 17

Weebe
12-06-2015, 08:20 AM
Navasota and Silsbee both "out athlete" the Dawgs. Just saying!

I've never known Carthage to be out athleted.

clcannon17
12-06-2015, 09:30 AM
I'm not really sure who to pick in this one, so Brownwood by 7.

oldtownag
12-06-2015, 11:57 AM
I'm not really sure who to pick in this one, so Brownwood by 7.

Silly, Brownwood has never beaten Carthage!

panfan
12-06-2015, 07:31 PM

Yep - BOTH passes. LOL!

OldBison75
12-06-2015, 11:47 PM
LaVega has a field full of athletes no doubt. Carthage has a field full of athletes too. I think the big difference between the two is in the coaching staffs. LaVega is not nearly as disciplined at Carthage, but they make what they have work because the type of athletes they have on the field. Carthage coaches have a disciplined program that runs a system that is proven and dependable. The Carthage coaching staff seems to find ways to take advantage of every weakness they find in the opposing team. They can grind it out with the best of them, but they can open the field and attack you there also.

At this stage of the playoffs, I think the system that can adapt to what the defense gives them has the advantage. I think this game will come down to who makes the fewest mistakes. Carthage has proven they can score points with anybody. Granted the Navasota and Silsbee defenses were not on the level that LaVega seems to have. However, Carthage has played some pretty good defensive teams this year and found ways to score points.

LaVega will have to be flawless on execution and not give away the ball on turnovers to win. I believe that Carthage will win the game, but I don't see the margin being more that a touchdown. I also believe that the score will be much lower than Carthage has been scoring. Maybe a 28-21 type game.

ECBirdFan
12-07-2015, 02:17 PM
I have to go with Carthage!! It seems they win State every year that they don't catch the El Campo Ricebirds!! (Just kidding)

Carthage has knocked off some great teams. The defending State Champs Sota as one. I figure to be them you have to beat them. They did it.

Good luck to all the teams that are left.

Dawgs
12-07-2015, 02:34 PM
I have to go with Carthage!! It seems they win State every year that they don't catch the El Campo Ricebirds!! (Just kidding)
This is true! We have beat a ton of teams on our runs, but have been up ended by EC twice. I really wanted another shot against the Ricebirds this year, but it wasn't in the cards. Have a ton of respect for that program. In 9 years Surratt is 35-4 in the playoffs. 2 of those losses to EC. They have our number, that's for sure. 2012 still hurts! I'm sure our OT is still having nightmares from that tall DE that was so good that year.

Dawgs
12-08-2015, 05:12 PM
Good article on the Dawgs and the 2015 season.

http://etsn.fm/regular-season-adversity-a-catalyst-for-carthages-deep-playoff-run/

Rocket Man
12-09-2015, 02:47 PM
Adjusted Stats Matchup Analyzer

La Vega 27 Carthage 26

Based on stats from games played through 12/05/15

http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings-stats/tools/txhsfbmatchup.php?team1=Carthage&site=%40&team2=Waco+La+Vega

cowboyandchrist
12-11-2015, 12:12 AM
Dawgs by 10. Let's Go Dawgs. God Bless players, coaches, and fans.

hollywood
12-11-2015, 07:37 AM
This is true! We have beat a ton of teams on our runs, but have been up ended by EC twice. I really wanted another shot against the Ricebirds this year, but it wasn't in the cards. Have a ton of respect for that program. In 9 years Surratt is 35-4 in the playoffs. 2 of those losses to EC. They have our number, that's for sure. 2012 still hurts! I'm sure our OT is still having nightmares from that tall DE that was so good that year.

I was really expecting a Stephenville vs Carthage SC game in 2012. Just didn't happen. EC gave a good fight but Stephenville did what great teams do well... Execute and exploit the opposing teams weaknesses or mistakes... Especially that game. I think Carthage would have been a better match up. And that's not taking anything away from EC. I just think how the two would have matched up would have presented a closer game.

Rabid Cougar
12-11-2015, 10:15 AM
Modoc!

Bullaholic
12-11-2015, 10:16 AM
I have never seen either of these teams play live, but I have come to form an opinion of both from past game accounts----they both typically have an abundance of athleticism, and play with a great degree of toughness. This should be a very physical contest---best of luck to both teams for a clean, injury free game.

regaleagle
12-11-2015, 10:25 AM
Looks to me like the Carthage Dawgs are rolling in all phases right now.......they will be tough to beat. I think La Vega will need some breaks tonite to win this one. They will need to get a lead on these Dawgs in order to win. I think Carthage will be a threat to score even very late in the game.....if need be. I would classify Carthage as a very offensive team with a very good quarterback and La Vega as a very defensive team with a good, but not great offense. In this kind of matchup, I tend to favor the better offense being able to overcome the team with the better defense just enough to get the win. I think it will be close, and the question will not be settled til late in the 4th.

Dawgs
12-11-2015, 02:37 PM
This will be both teams toughest matchup of the season. One team with a ton a athleticism, a dominant defense, and D1 athletes all over the field. Don't want to take anything away from them, but from the film I have seen they play off pure athleticism and at times use poor technique. Worked so far, 14-0 Region 4 Champs. Another team who plays the game in a disciplined, well coached manner. Technique and playing your position is everything. Although Carthage does have athleticism, they will have a hard time matching La Vega athlete for athlete. That is not how Carthage can win this game. Carthage has put together a "yoeman" like season. They have worked to be this good. They were 4-3 at one point in the season, and written off based on the results of last season. The fans stayed quiet, but knew the potential for something special was there. Then a light switch was switched on on the offensive side ball. That's 2 seasons worth of coaching and experience all rolled into 7 weeks. This is a classic matchup of dominant defense vs almost unstoppable offense. Pure athleticism vs scheme and technique. One note is both teams are pretty young. Carthage is a year ahead of where I thought they would be. This might just be a game that's played a couple of years in a row. The winner of this game will have earned it, that's for sure. This just might be the game of the week in any division. Win or lose this has been an awesome season for the Carthage Bulldogs. One that will be remembered for a long time to come. We have won a lot of games, and 4 state championships in the 9 years Surratt has been in Carthage. This season no matter what the outcome will be remembered as a very special season. Right up there with the championships. This playoff run is something just this side of unbelievable. The change in this offense has been remarkable. I said we would finals far as the QB would take us, and he has turned it on probably more than any player in Carthage history. The offense went from almost a liability early in the season to possibly one of the best we have had in Carthage, ever. Thanks for the memories Dawgs! Now let's punch our ticket to NRG tonight! Good luck to both teams, and safe travels to all the fans who will be traveling.

Rabid Cougar
12-11-2015, 03:45 PM
This will be both teams toughest matchup of the season. One team with a ton a athleticism, a dominant defense, and D1 athletes all over the field. Don't want to take anything away from them, but from the film I have seen they play off pure athleticism and at times use poor technique. Worked so far, 14-0 Region 4 Champs. Another team who plays the game in a disciplined, well coached manner. Technique and playing your position is everything. Although Carthage does have athleticism, they will have a hard time matching La Vega athlete for athlete. That is not how Carthage can win this game. Carthage has put together a "yoeman" like season. They have worked to be this good. They were 4-3 at one point in the season, and written off based on the results of last season. The fans stayed quiet, but knew the potential for something special was there. Then a light switch was switched on on the offensive side ball. That's 2 seasons worth of coaching and experience all rolled into 7 weeks. This is a classic matchup of dominant defense vs almost unstoppable offense. Pure athleticism vs scheme and technique. One note is both teams are pretty young. Carthage is a year ahead of where I thought they would be. This might just be a game that's played a couple of years in a row. The winner of this game will have earned it, that's for sure. This just might be the game of the week in any division. Win or lose this has been an awesome season for the Carthage Bulldogs. One that will be remembered for a long time to come. We have won a lot of games, and 4 state championships in the 9 years Surratt has been in Carthage. This season no matter what the outcome will be remembered as a very special season. Right up there with the championships. This playoff run is something just this side of unbelievable. The change in this offense has been remarkable. I said we would finals far as the QB would take us, and he has turned it on probably more than any player in Carthage history. The offense went from almost a liability early in the season to possibly one of the best we have had in Carthage, ever. Thanks for the memories Dawgs! Now let's punch our ticket to NRG tonight! Good luck to both teams, and safe travels to all the fans who will be traveling.

Carthage has put together a "yoeman" like season.

The word you are looking for is "yeoman"

Rocket Man
12-11-2015, 03:49 PM

Que What????? :thinking:

Rabid Cougar
12-11-2015, 04:08 PM

"workman like manner, especially in situations that involve a great deal of effort or labor"

He didn't mean Yoemen as in Cameron Yoemen.

Rocket Man
12-11-2015, 04:15 PM
"workman like manner, especially in situations that involve a great deal of effort or labor"

He didn't mean Yoemen as in Cameron Yoemen.

Well now I'm confused, I looked up Yoeman and got Yeoman returned in the google. I tried looking up Yoeman in the dictionary online (Merriam-Webster) and it said Yoeman isn't in the dictionary, so what's the history on the spelling??????????

Dawgs
12-11-2015, 04:27 PM

Thanks...

bird_fan
12-11-2015, 05:59 PM
I was really expecting a Stephenville vs Carthage SC game in 2012. Just didn't happen. EC gave a good fight but Stephenville did what great teams do well... Execute and exploit the opposing teams weaknesses or mistakes... Especially that game. I think Carthage would have been a better match up. And that's not taking anything away from EC. I just think how the two would have matched up would have presented a closer game.
I do have to agree Most of the time the Ricebirds aren't going to out talent their opponet. Coach Gillis was awesome getting his player to play above their abilitys. Were just hopeing Coach ca do the same.

BB BULLS
12-11-2015, 07:30 PM
where can i watch or listen to the game? thanks

Aggie98
12-11-2015, 07:45 PM
where can i watch or listen to the game? thanks

Carthage radio broadcast is on easttexastoday.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BB BULLS
12-11-2015, 08:00 PM
Carthage radio broadcast is on easttexastoday.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks! this should be a really good game good luck to both teams, that being said if the dogs get up two scores its over and could go the other way as well.

BB BULLS
12-11-2015, 08:41 PM
vega 7 dogs 3

BB BULLS
12-11-2015, 09:00 PM
vega 14 dogs 3

BB BULLS
12-11-2015, 09:14 PM
dogs are having alot of problems with vega def

BB BULLS
12-11-2015, 09:20 PM
vega having problems to agaist dogs def

BB BULLS
12-11-2015, 09:24 PM
not any more vega 20 dogs 3. 61 yd td run. extra was blocked

Cam
12-11-2015, 09:26 PM
....sounds pretty problematic!.....:doh:.......

Cam
12-11-2015, 09:26 PM
not any more vega 20 dogs 3. 61 yd td run. extra was blocked

....Go Pirates!

panfan
12-11-2015, 09:31 PM
....Go Pirates!

Sounds like the Pirates shored up some of their offensive issues and their defense is still stout as ever. I feel purty good about LH holding them to no scores in regulation play. Go get em Pirates.

Rabid Cougar
12-11-2015, 09:33 PM
They never really had issues. MODOC!

Rabid Cougar
12-11-2015, 09:40 PM
A little Central Texas Speed.

FB-fanatic
12-11-2015, 09:41 PM
I-35 Mojo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Rabid Cougar
12-11-2015, 10:10 PM
26-3

Dawgs
12-11-2015, 10:21 PM
Speed kills. La Vega good. They are going to be tough for anybody to beat. Thrashing Carthsge right now. Really impressed.

zebrablue2
12-11-2015, 10:21 PM
26-3

LV does have some athletes, surprised at the large lead. The only 3 is the big surprise!!!

Rabid Cougar
12-11-2015, 10:22 PM
"You won't hear this often, but LaVega looks faster than Carthage."

"La Vega may be the fastest team I've ever seen at this level."

zebrablue2
12-11-2015, 10:23 PM
"You won't hear this often, but LaVega looks faster than Carthage."

And they have big boys:)

1st and goal
12-11-2015, 10:26 PM
Holy slobberknocker busters! Lavega is putting it on Carthage
32-3 in the 3rd.

Dawgs
12-11-2015, 10:39 PM
I can't remember the last time Carthage was dominated like this. We got beat up pretty bad last year, but not like this. La Vega is the real deal. Very impressed. Great season Bulldogs. We will be back.

Tejastrue
12-11-2015, 10:45 PM
This team is hungry and will be ready to eat...

hmmmm:thinking:

Rabid Cougar
12-11-2015, 10:51 PM
"Boy none of us want to be in the same region as La Vega the next 2 years they are loaded with sophmore talent."

Try playing them every year.

Dawgs
12-11-2015, 10:55 PM
Wow. I hate to see the Dawgs get beat like this, but hats off to La Vega. That's a loaded team.

Dawgs
12-11-2015, 10:57 PM
Might be the best team Carthage has ever played. We played bad, but still. That's a buzz saw right there.

Rabid Cougar
12-11-2015, 11:01 PM
How about that Region IV?

LHPfactory
12-11-2015, 11:01 PM
Might be the best team Carthage has ever played. We played bad, but still. That's a buzz saw right there.

Only 1 team LaVega could not beat in 4 Quarters this season. Dang it, 1 play difference in OT between them and LH.

44INAROW
12-11-2015, 11:24 PM
Only 1 team LaVega could not beat in 4 Quarters this season. Dang it, 1 play difference in OT between them and LH.

That can't be right, LH is Reg IV. 😜

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

garciap77
12-11-2015, 11:34 PM
Congrats LV!

Rocket Man
12-12-2015, 01:03 AM

We put 21 points on 'em :taunt:

Unfortunately though they put 56 on us :weeping:

Tejastrue
12-12-2015, 01:11 AM
I recall the LH game was one of those extremely wet weather games and once again contrary to popular demand negates many teams to perform at their optimum level. Am I wrong?

panfan
12-12-2015, 09:08 AM
I recall the LH game was one of those extremely wet weather games and once again contrary to popular demand negates many teams to perform at their optimum level. Am I wrong?

It was wet and cold. Both teams played in it. LH still held them to ZERO point in 4 quarters. Held AW 3 in good weather. LaVega defense is stifling. Allows their offense to do their thing. And yes play undisciplined. They seemed to have cut down on the fumbles and multiple penalties on offense. Good for them and I hope they win it all.

cookiemonster
12-12-2015, 09:49 AM
LH was a tough matchup vs LV because LH is as good as it gets at stopping the run in 4A.

regaleagle
12-12-2015, 01:53 PM
LH was a tough matchup vs LV because LH is as good as it gets at stopping the run in 4A.

Hey, Pssst....cookiemonster......y'all got any suggestions for Argyle, hehe???

LHPfactory
12-12-2015, 03:48 PM

It would have been a close fight in any weather.

LionFan72
12-12-2015, 04:24 PM
Complete domination at the Semi-finals is quite the accomplishment. LaVega may very be the next SC's, but they must play against a very fine Argyle team. Going to be the test of wills and coaching!

Congrats to LV on a big win!

panfan
12-12-2015, 05:34 PM
Yes congrats to LV on convincing win and making it the game that counts. Good luck pirates.

zebrablue2
12-12-2015, 08:47 PM
It would have been a close fight in any weather.

:iagree:People do not realize how good the LH defense was, swarming fast...