PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Wylie (12-2) vs Argyle (13-1) 2015 4A D1 State Semifinals

WOS87
12-05-2015, 01:57 AM
Who ya got?

JVDAD
12-05-2015, 02:03 AM
Going Homer taking Wylie in a close one. After watching these two in week one I would not have guessed either team would be in the Semis much less both of them! In every sport and competition there has been an Eagle in the way....time to pluck some feathers!!!!! Go Dawgs!

bearbear78
12-05-2015, 02:03 AM
Like both programs here. AW defense is solid but will not be able to shut down the Argyle offense. Might can slow it down but the AW offense will not be able to put up enough against the Argyle defense to have the bigger number on the score board when it's over. Argyle moves on.

bearbear78
12-05-2015, 02:05 AM
For the record though, I don't care who wins this one. Both great programs.

clcannon17
12-05-2015, 02:15 AM
Wylie's defense is very good, but I don't see argyle having that much trouble moving the ball against them, I think Wylie's offense will also be a big weakness.

I think Argyle wins this 27-10. I hope I'm wrong, I'd love to see Wylie win, but I'll stick to my gut feeling that I had the majority of the season. The winner of Region 1 would get their butts kicked by the winner of region 2.
Hopefully I'm wrong. Go dawgs!

JVDAD
12-05-2015, 02:17 AM
Wylie struggled tonight and sounds like Argyle did as well. Hoping for a clean well played game..

Eagle Nation
12-05-2015, 02:41 AM
I'll take Argyle with them pulling it out in the 4th quarter. Good luck to both teams next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddg
12-05-2015, 02:56 AM
Argyle handled an extremely explosive offense last night..and moved the ball on an equally explosive defense..impressive across the board.. This ain't week 1 Argyle.. Argyle 35-0 in the semi

bobcat1
12-05-2015, 08:05 AM
Argyle beats Wylie but I think it will be a close game. Whomever imposes their will on the other will win. Mistakes and penalties could play a factor.

canno
12-05-2015, 08:51 AM
Argyle wins this one by 17,Wylie defense is good but doesn't have
enough fire power on offense.24-7

lostaussie
12-05-2015, 08:59 AM
Lots of tradition in this game. 2 class teams with lots of history. Those pesky Eagles are just hard to knock out. Give me the Argylians 27-14

hollywood
12-05-2015, 09:02 AM
Argyle impressed last night as I thought they would against a very talented and explosive LE team. Argyle overcame several miscues in the game last night against that explosive of a team and still won? Scary.

Argyle by 21

Argyle 35
A Wylie 14

RPF2666
12-05-2015, 09:16 AM
I think Argyle will be heading to Houston. The best 2 D1 teams in the North/East and West played last night
in Arlington.

Wayne
12-05-2015, 11:45 AM
After watching Argyle's Defense hold LE to just 29 points last night, I'm gonna say Wylie will have problems scoring tit for tat with Argyle. The week 1 match up between these two teams will not compare to this semi final game. Argyle is in Redemption Mode after last years loss to Navasota, and I really don't think they can be stopped at this point. Don't get me wrong, I have the upmost respect for Wylie and their program but this Argyle team is on another level right now. Good luck to both teams.

garciap77
12-05-2015, 12:04 PM
Wylie's defense is very good, but I don't see argyle having that much trouble moving the ball against them, I think Wylie's offense will also be a big weakness.

I think Argyle wins this 27-10. I hope I'm wrong, I'd love to see Wylie win, but I'll stick to my gut feeling that I had the majority of the season. The winner of Region 1 would get their butts kicked by the winner of region 2.
Hopefully I'm wrong. Go dawgs!

:iagree:

toddg
12-05-2015, 12:57 PM
Watching the game last night, I think LE QB was suprised on how well the Eagles covered the gaps ALL game long, and then covered the WRs like glue..Argyle had 2 unforced TOs that kept LE in the game..I was suprised at how good LEs defense was, they were big and extremely quick..and very well coached, they made very few mistakes, but when they did..Argyle made them pay.

JVDAD
12-05-2015, 02:22 PM
Hearing the game will be at Baylor 7:30 Friday.

JVDAD
12-05-2015, 07:21 PM
My armchair perspective. To win we have to: tighten up the secondary, show some threat of a passing game early to loosen up the defense, commit no turnovers and play to win, there were times against the Lions in which we played to "not loose" and finally create a turnover or 2. No easy task, but that is why the play the game!

Aguilafanatico
12-05-2015, 11:27 PM
If the Eagles play their game and don't let the fact that they have just run through the D2 gauntlet of Pitt, Kennedale and LE I say they roll. However, AW is an imposing, physical team and very well coached so they they have a punchers chance. This could be Argyles best team in years overall (yes even comparing to 2013) so it will be tough for AW. The Celina loss this year could have been the best thing that happened to this team.

bobcat1
12-05-2015, 11:57 PM
If the Eagles play their game and don't let the fact that they have just run through the D2 gauntlet of Pitt, Kennedale and LE I say they roll. However, AW is an imposing, physical team and very well coached so they they have a punchers chance. This could be Argyles best team in years overall (yes even comparing to 2013) so it will be tough for AW. The Celina loss this year could have been the best thing that happened to this team.

And to Celina! Keep it rolling Argyle!

slingshot
12-06-2015, 01:27 AM
Argyle is the clear favorite. No doubt. Very well coached, very physical, very disciplined. Won it all in '13, runner up last year. All the accolades people are bestowing on them fit. A few things to keep in mind though. Wylie is just as well coached. Our defense is the best Argyle has seen this year--I know others doubt this... I don't. We held them to their season low scoring output in the first game and actually had the lead at half. If (big If's) we play defensively like we have been, limit their big plays like we are capable of, create a couple of turnovers and can be efficient on offense... we can and will win this game. People picking Argyle 35-0 are smoking crack or just absolutely do not respect our program. Watch film of our 'D', ask other teams we've played, look at our stats--I promise you that will not happen. Puncher's chance? Not really, we're not a big play team. Grinder's chance? Absolutely...

LionFan72
12-06-2015, 02:06 AM
Argyle is the clear favorite. No doubt. Very well coached, very physical, very disciplined. Won it all in '13, runner up last year. All the accolades people are bestowing on them fit. A few things to keep in mind though. Wylie is just as well coached. Our defense is the best Argyle has seen this year--I know others doubt this... I don't. We held them to their season low scoring output in the first game and actually had the lead at half. If (big If's) we play defensively like we have been, limit their big plays like we are capable of, create a couple of turnovers and can be efficient on offense... we can and will win this game. People picking Argyle 35-0 are smoking crack or just absolutely do not respect our program. Watch film of our 'D', ask other teams we've played, look at our stats--I promise you that will not happen. Puncher's chance? Not really, we're not a big play team. Grinder's chance? Absolutely...

Punchers chance for AW Bulldogs, absolutely! If the defense can stand strong.....er, then definitely the Bullpups have a chance. But my gut is, Argyle is an equally talented and well rounded talented,battle tested defense and offense. I think it could be a 7-10 point game, probably the Eagles, but equally could be the Bulldogs! Turnovers/penalies will be the key! good luck to both!!

toddg
12-06-2015, 02:14 AM
I'm not smoking crack..and there is a big difference in the week 1 Argyle team and now.. I'm not disrespecting Wylie, just know what I saw last night..LE defense was big and athletic up front, LBs were big and fast, and their DBs were really good in man coverage.. and Argyle still moved the ball consistently..they stalled only when their RB mishandled a couple of handoffs..and LE was well coached, and played prepared..I admit,that suprised me. does Wylie have a chance? Yeah, I think they do..and it would be great if they proved me wrong..and I'm a big fan of grinding out a game, just don't think anyone can grind on the Argyle D I saw. LE tried, but ended up relying on their monster QB and speed hitting some big plays..that petered out in the 4th as well.. Argyle kneed it at the LE 5 after using almost 6 minutes of clock to end the game. It's a game of match ups..and right now I just don't think Wylie matches up well against Argyle..if I'm wrong, I'll gladly be the first to admit it..I remember folks around here doubting and showing lack of respect to Alvarado a few years ago..and was glad my team proved them wrong..ill be equally glad if Wylie proves me, among others, wrong! I'm not a PC guy, and my opinion really doesn't mean anything other than what I THINK will happen..and right now I think 35-0

LionFan72
12-06-2015, 02:18 AM
I would be shocked to see 35 points put on either of these defenses at this point.

LEFAN80
12-06-2015, 06:16 AM
I'm not smoking crack..and there is a big difference in the week 1 Argyle team and now.. I'm not disrespecting Wylie, just know what I saw last night..LE defense was big and athletic up front, LBs were big and fast, and their DBs were really good in man coverage.. and Argyle still moved the ball consistently..they stalled only when their RB mishandled a couple of handoffs..and LE was well coached, and played prepared..I admit,that suprised me. does Wylie have a chance? Yeah, I think they do..and it would be great if they proved me wrong..and I'm a big fan of grinding out a game, just don't think anyone can grind on the Argyle D I saw. LE tried, but ended up relying on their monster QB and speed hitting some big plays..that petered out in the 4th as well.. Argyle kneed it at the LE 5 after using almost 6 minutes of clock to end the game. It's a game of match ups..and right now I just don't think Wylie matches up well against Argyle..if I'm wrong, I'll gladly be the first to admit it..I remember folks around here doubting and showing lack of respect to Alvarado a few years ago..and was glad my team proved them wrong..ill be equally glad if Wylie proves me, among others, wrong! I'm not a PC guy, and my opinion really doesn't mean anything other than what I THINK will happen..and right now I think 35-0
Why does it surprise you that we could actually be well coached and prepared? Do our kids look like they can't learn the game of football and prepare for games? Argyle is very good but can be beat they were stopped several times didn't move it as consistent as it seemed if not for a miscue (kid didn't go in the game) they wouldn't have even had over 300 total yards of offense turnovers played factor for both who knows if either team would've capitalized,.. Our QB played against Argyle last year he wasn't surprised that they were good they practically keyed on him all game in which other teams have too all season he still threw for 200 and rushed for 100. And yes the famous kneel down after they went for it I would have also to keep a great offense off the field, But all in all good luck to Arygle I hope u won't look over your opponent and give it all y'all have!

regaleagle
12-06-2015, 06:26 AM
I will admit LE had one heckuva team on both sides of the ball. I think LE's D was more talented overall than Wylie's, and there were some really strong and big kids on that team. Yep.....they were well-coached alright. Argyle just got in their face and went toe-to-toe with them and executed their offense. The Eagles D was by far the best LE's seen all year.....had Kemon Freeman running for his life and even sacked him for a safety. That's not easy to do to Freeman.....he just don't get sacked with his athletic ability. I think Argyle sacked him about 3-4 times in the game. He had a lot of hurried throws too, and threw the ball while backpeddling all night......he's got a cannon for an arm. He could backpeddle and throw it off his back foot with rushers coming at him.....running the whole time.....and still hit his receiver 25 yds down the field, no joking. That being said.....I remember a few of those Wylie players were pretty durn stout too. This game will be another close one like the LE game, IMHO. I think Wylie has a little better chemistry on their team and know how to play Argyle better than LE did. We played LE last season, too(45-42), but this was only that coaching staffs 2nd go-round with the Eagles......Sandifer and his staff have had many more. Wylie will come prepared and will have a big chip on their shoulder. Argyle better get ready for a very physical game just like the LE game. GO EAGLES!!!

clcannon17
12-06-2015, 09:13 AM
I will admit LE had one heckuva team on both sides of the ball. I think LE's D was more talented overall than Wylie's, and there were some really strong and big kids on that team. Yep.....they were well-coached alright. Argyle just got in their face and went toe-to-toe with them and executed their offense. The Eagles D was by far the best LE's seen all year.....had Kemon Freeman running for his life and even sacked him for a safety. That's not easy to do to Freeman.....he just don't get sacked with his athletic ability. I think Argyle sacked him about 3-4 times in the game. He had a lot of hurried throws too, and threw the ball while backpeddling all night......he's got a cannon for an arm. He could backpeddle and throw it off his back foot with rushers coming at him.....running the whole time.....and still hit his receiver 25 yds down the field, no joking. That being said.....I remember a few of those Wylie players were pretty durn stout too. This game will be another close one like the LE game, IMHO. I think Wylie has a little better chemistry on their team and know how to play Argyle better than LE did. We played LE last season, too(45-42), but this was only that coaching staffs 2nd go-round with the Eagles......Sandifer and his staff have had many more. Wylie will come prepared and will have a big chip on their shoulder. Argyle better get ready for a very physical game just like the LE game. GO EAGLES!!!

Argyle's coach is no doubt one of the best in the state, he has his boys ready year in and year out regardless of talent level. Now this might not be the most talented team he has coached, but one thing that makes them dangerous is how disciplined they are. Alot of the same can be said about Sandifer, and his record shows it, but there is no doubt that when it comes to the chess matches that ensue between these two teams, he knows Sandifer well. If Wylie is to win this game, they have to play 110%. But at this point I don't see argyle getting toppled. I believe that they will have a two touchdown lead the half, eventually leading to a 17 point loss. Abilene Wylie can win, and I hope they do, but I would not be suprised to see toddg's prediction of a 35 point defeat happen. Both defenses are good , but I don't see Wylies offense having any success. And that will be detrimental to the longevity of the Wylie D.

Of course I hope I'm wrong, and hope the bulldogs pull through to represent region 1 well.
Anyways, good luck to both teams, hope the injuries are at a minimum. Both deserve to win, but only one can get the trip to Houston.

Go Lions... Err I mean dawgs.

toddg
12-06-2015, 10:45 AM
Why does it surprise you that we could actually be well coached and prepared? Do our kids look like they can't learn the game of football and prepare for games? Argyle is very good but can be beat they were stopped several times didn't move it as consistent as it seemed if not for a miscue (kid didn't go in the game) they wouldn't have even had over 300 total yards of offense turnovers played factor for both who knows if either team would've capitalized,.. Our QB played against Argyle last year he wasn't surprised that they were good they practically keyed on him all game in which other teams have too all season he still threw for 200 and rushed for 100. And yes the famous kneel down after they went for it I would have also to keep a great offense off the field, But all in all good luck to Arygle I hope u won't look over your opponent and give it all y'all have!

I was suprised because the LE D ran some complicated schemes that I haven't seen run by many teams this year, the D coach must have had supreme confidence in his secondary..gutsey..and yes surprising!
Last year the LE QB had running lanes all night, but Friday he did not..that simple, take away that one long TD run and he wasn't close to a 100yds Friday, that being said, that run, was awesome.. LE had their chances..Argyle took control in the 4th Qtr. and won..my opinion of LE after watching this game, they were definitely state championship caliber across the board!!

slingshot
12-06-2015, 12:23 PM
toddg--let's make a friendly wager: if Argyle wins by 35 or more I won't post for a month on the Downlow... If the margin either way is less than 35 you don't. Deal?

LEFAN80
12-06-2015, 01:33 PM

Fun fact LE's Freeman didn't Start playing QB until the first game last year lol never ever had took a snap as a qb

LEFAN80
12-06-2015, 01:44 PM
I was suprised because the LE D ran some complicated schemes that I haven't seen run by many teams this year, the D coach must have had supreme confidence in his secondary..gutsey..and yes surprising!
Last year the LE QB had running lanes all night, but Friday he did not..that simple, take away that one long TD run and he wasn't close to a 100yds Friday, that being said, that run, was awesome.. LE had their chances..Argyle took control in the 4th Qtr. and won..my opinion of LE after watching this game, they were definitely state championship caliber across the board!!

Thanks for your compliments Todd we've been learning the defense all year got torched early in the year because we weren't good at it yet but got a lot better, and last year our RB was a stud he went toe to toe with Raslton as far as yards so this year it was a little harder! and yes they had an excellent plan for Freeman our Rbs didn't play well and Freeman could've avoided those sacks and a pick but he's a playmaker always looking to make a play out of sometimes nothing he will learn to throw it away if he plays QB in college.

I'm glad you got to see us play and we earned some respect a lot of people besides Argyle underestimates us this year especially in the polls but hey I think we showed we could play with the best Friday!

Wylie and Argyle know each other so it's basically gonna come down to who executes even tho Argyle may be more talented team this week! Btw Argyle did a great job of containing our #88 Carson for the most part and that's not easy but we did hold #7 to 85 yards on 25 carries!

I'll take Argyle in this one tho!

toddg
12-06-2015, 09:49 PM
toddg--let's make a friendly wager: if Argyle wins by 35 or more I won't post for a month on the Downlow... If the margin either way is less than 35 you don't. Deal?sure, why not..deal

slingshot
12-06-2015, 11:53 PM
sure, why not..dealIt's on!

ccmom
12-06-2015, 11:56 PM
Most of Wylie fans know we are the under"dawgs" ;), as we should be. Beating Argyle (which we have only done once) will be a TALL task. Even without the ridiculous number of injuries we have suffered this season, I'm sure Argyle would be heavily favored. They have proven themselves over and over to be the team to beat. Mucho respect from this Wylie fan for the Eagles.

However, we believe in our young men and continue to be impressed how week after week this season, someone has stepped in to fill a spot and done so in a big way. We believe in our stellar coaching staff who have been together (for the most part) since "Speck was a pup". (Who is "Speck", anyway? Why did my grandmother always say that? ;)). These coaches repeatedly "find a way" and have been in these big time games numerous times over the years. We believe in our program. We believe in our stingy defense. We believe in our tough as nails QB. We believe in our numerous RB's and our Oline that paves the way for them. We believe that Argyle has no doubt improved since our week 1 meeting, but we believe our team has improved, too! We just believe! Can't fault is for that ;)

So I believe I will take off work early Friday and make my way to Waco to sit with a bunch of other believers in purple. Can't wait!

Eylau
12-07-2015, 02:48 PM
argyle by at least 3 scores.

garciap77
12-07-2015, 06:35 PM
Wylie by at least 3 scores.

toddg
12-07-2015, 07:07 PM

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/07/fb6f9b94acd0e0910ef733b458c7bcb4.jpg
Ok...now I'm in my right frame of mind..

Aguilafanatico
12-07-2015, 07:23 PM

Lol!

garciap77
12-07-2015, 07:26 PM
http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt159/dstan7695/Plucked_Eagle2.jpg (http://s607.photobucket.com/user/dstan7695/media/Plucked_Eagle2.jpg.html)

toddg
12-07-2015, 07:30 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/07/f42a4bc0e5bed90bb6f58fb03f0a7c42.jpg
Come on Slingshot..that's funny!!

Wayne
12-07-2015, 07:34 PM

Dang it

slingshot
12-07-2015, 07:39 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkFunny... admitted!

JVDAD
12-07-2015, 09:37 PM
That is funny! "Stupid is as stupid does"

lostaussie
12-07-2015, 09:41 PM

You just got me.....like 5 times

slingshot
12-07-2015, 10:06 PM
Seems no one outside of Taylor County is giving Wylie anything but a begrudging 'puncher's chance' in this game. A few things to stew on... I think Wylie has a better defense than anyone else Argyle has played. Don't see anyone else giving up an average of 8 points per game through 14 games. Not a knock on anyone else out there JMHO backed up by facts. We're not as big or fast as some (but bigger and faster than some may think) but are very well coached on the defensive side of the ball and play very sound, disciplined team defense. Coach Martin is one of the best if not the best DC's in the state. We have some serious playmakers. Few names to remember--#89 Jr Deione Novil, 6'4" 250 lb DE, very quick, very strong, have not seen anyone be able to block him consistently one-on-one all year. He is a disrupter and will be playing DI ball in a couple of years (it may be Basketball). #54 Sr Riley Hedge, 6'0", 210 lb MLB. Nose for the ball and seems to be in on nearly every tackle. #32 Soph Cason Grant. 5'10" 150 lb speedster. Plays DB and RB. Kid is electric in the open field. Ask Brownwood--he was the one with the 93 yd Pick-6. Getting better every game. #18 Sr Tyler Ward, 6'3" 215 lb QB. Strong arm, very effective runner, tough as nails. Deadly on QB sneaks. With our defense we are always dangerous and a threat. Key for us in this game is to run the ball and play action short/intermediate passes to keep the defense honest and control the clock to limit their possessions. Can we do it? We'll all find out Friday night!

regaleagle
12-07-2015, 10:21 PM
I can guarantee you Argyle and the Argyllians are on RED ALERT! We know what happened the first go-round, and we also know about your boyz. That's a tough as nails, senior-laden, seasoned, well-coached bunch y'all have over there this season. Ward, Money, Asbill, Novil Brothers, Hedge, Tople, Johnston, Pepper and the whole bunch are just a really great team with tons of potential that could erupt on the gridiron of glory on any play at any time during a game. This go-round will be similar to the last one, IMHO. Maybe a few more points on the board, but by BOTH teams and not that many more. This will be a defensive slugfest for sure, and I look for Sandifer to gameplan to Wylie's strengths. He will try to slow the game down and slug it out with Argyle. In a sense, that means he will be running clock and actually speed up the game.....but you know what I meant. He will try to keep Argyle's offense from getting short fields and controlling field position. He's keenly aware of Argyle's superior kicking game.....which gives them short fields, field goals in the RED ZONE plus 10 yds, and gives the defense chances for stops. Eventually, it gives the Eagles less yardage to have to gain to score. Conversely, it makes for long fields and lots of yardage for the opposing team's offense to have to gain in order to score. So the clock will be burning up in this game. Whoever gets on top first has the big advantage, IMO. GO GET EM EAGLES!!!!

hollywood
12-07-2015, 10:30 PM
I can guarantee you Argyle and the Argyllians are on RED ALERT! We know what happened the first go-round, and we also know about your boyz. That's a tough as nails, senior-laden, seasoned, well-coached bunch y'all have over there this season. Ward, Money, Asbill, Novil Brothers, Hedge, Tople, Johnston, Pepper and the whole bunch are just a really great team with tons of potential that could erupt on the gridiron of glory on any play at any time during a game. This go-round will be similar to the last one, IMHO. Maybe a few more points on the board, but by BOTH teams and not that many more. This will be a defensive slugfest for sure, and I look for Sandifer to gameplan to Wylie's strengths. He will try to slow the game down and slug it out with Argyle. In a sense, that means he will be running clock and actually speed up the game.....but you know what I meant. He will try to keep Argyle's offense from getting short fields and controlling field position. He's keenly aware of Argyle's superior kicking game.....which gives them short fields, field goals in the RED ZONE plus 10 yds, and gives the defense chances for stops. Eventually, it gives the Eagles less yardage to have to gain to score. Conversely, it makes for long fields and lots of yardage for the opposing team's offense to have to gain in order to score. So the clock will be burning up in this game. Whoever gets on top first has the big advantage, IMO. GO GET EM EAGLES!!!!

So, you're basically saying that you think Argyle will win because they have the best chances to score more points than Wylie from any position of the field, even in the field goal category?

clcannon17
12-07-2015, 10:35 PM
Seems no one outside of Taylor County is giving Wylie anything but a begrudging 'puncher's chance' in this game. A few things to stew on... I think Wylie has a better defense than anyone else Argyle has played. Don't see anyone else giving up an average of 8 points per game through 14 games. Not a knock on anyone else out there JMHO backed up by facts. We're not as big or fast as some (but bigger and faster than some may think) but are very well coached on the defensive side of the ball and play very sound, disciplined team defense. Coach Martin is one of the best if not the best DC's in the state. We have some serious playmakers. Few names to remember--#89 Jr Deione Novil, 6'4" 250 lb DE, very quick, very strong, have not seen anyone be able to block him consistently one-on-one all year. He is a disrupter and will be playing DI ball in a couple of years (it may be Basketball). #54 Sr Riley Hedge, 6'0", 210 lb MLB. Nose for the ball and seems to be in on nearly every tackle. #32 Soph Cason Grant. 5'10" 150 lb speedster. Plays DB and RB. Kid is electric in the open field. Ask Brownwood--he was the one with the 93 yd Pick-6. Getting better every game. #18 Sr Tyler Ward, 6'3" 215 lb QB. Strong arm, very effective runner, tough as nails. Deadly on QB sneaks. With our defense we are always dangerous and a threat. Key for us in this game is to run the ball and play action short/intermediate passes to keep the defense honest and control the clock to limit their possessions. Can we do it? We'll all find out Friday night!

Few notes on this. Wylie's defense is definitely the best defense I have seen all year, but I will note it is very possible to score on them. Argyle is a very balanced team, and that will probably hurt Wylie. Argyle will most definitely not score on the majority of their possessions. Argyle's offense will score though, and I don't find Wylie's offense is all that great at playing talented defense.

And as far as the pick 6, he is very talented, but that was an AWFUL decision by Lewis. If he is to play in impact as far as turnovers are concerned, he will be tested to take the ball away and not simply catch it. Not gonna take away from the kid though, Argyle will have their hands full.

regaleagle
12-07-2015, 10:36 PM
Yep.....that's the way it's gone for quite a few seasons now, and I don't think it will change in this game, either.

JVDAD
12-07-2015, 10:40 PM
So much for predictions and heavy favorites.......they still have to play the game!!

http://www.texasredzonereport.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/2015-playoffs-sgp-trinity.png

regaleagle
12-07-2015, 10:43 PM
Supposedly, we will have a fair-weather game this week in Waco.

clcannon17
12-07-2015, 10:44 PM
So much for predictions and heavy favorites.......they still have to play the game!!

http://www.texasredzonereport.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/2015-playoffs-sgp-trinity.png

Very true, have seen some very crazy upsets through the years.

clcannon17
12-07-2015, 10:45 PM
Any live broadcasts of this game? Would love to watch it!

JVDAD
12-07-2015, 10:48 PM
http://www.search-best-cartoon.com/cartoon-eagle/cartoon-eagle-playing-basketball.jpg

slingshot
12-07-2015, 10:55 PM
http://www.search-best-cartoon.com/cartoon-eagle/cartoon-eagle-playing-basketball.jpgPlease--don't start that :doh:. Last thing Argyle needs is locker room billboard material... :rolleyes:

hollywood
12-07-2015, 10:57 PM
Of everyone on this thread, who picked Carthage to beat Navasota a couple of weeks ago?

clcannon17
12-07-2015, 11:01 PM
Of everyone on this thread, who picked Carthage to beat Navasota a couple of weeks ago?

I was torn, but ultimately thought Navasota would make a few more plays than Navasota. I was wrong I suppose!

JVDAD
12-07-2015, 11:33 PM
Please--don't start that :doh:. Last thing Argyle needs is locker room billboard material... :rolleyes:

HA!! If he is looking on here for motivation.....he is desperate!!!!! That might be a good thing!!!

regaleagle
12-08-2015, 12:12 AM
Actually, the Argyle Boys basketball team is rolling right now......just won a big tournament last weekend. They went 4-0 in the Fairfield Tournament.

Cam
12-08-2015, 12:13 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/07/fb6f9b94acd0e0910ef733b458c7bcb4.jpg
Ok...now I'm in my right frame of mind..

ahh yes....Kelly's Heroes!......

LEFAN80
12-08-2015, 03:23 AM
Sorry I just don't see Wylie's D being better than ours that doesn't mean they won't win but they don't have a LaGarayonn Carson I doubt they're better in the secondary plus tackles in space! If your gonna win your gonna have to win in a shootout. Imo tho who knows

JVDAD
12-08-2015, 07:30 AM
Actually, the Argyle Boys basketball team is rolling right now......just won a big tournament last weekend. They went 4-0 in the Fairfield Tournament.

Hopefully we will see you there as well.....but dang it we see Argyle everywhere!!!!! Sooner or later percentages have to kick in and we win one of these!!!!!! However good luck hoping for a clean well played contest!

slingshot
12-08-2015, 10:50 AM
Sorry I just don't see Wylie's D being better than ours that doesn't mean they won't win but they don't have a LaGarayonn Carson I doubt they're better in the secondary plus tackles in space! If your gonna win your gonna have to win in a shootout. Imo tho who knowsYou may be right... but statistically we have the best defense in the state. If it turns into a shootout Argyle will win. If it is a low scoring, limited possession game we have a legitimate shot. Doesn't really matter whether you have 55 points or 7 points at the end of the game... as long as you have more than your opponent.

hollywood
12-08-2015, 03:02 PM
Sorry I just don't see Wylie's D being better than ours that doesn't mean they won't win but they don't have a LaGarayonn Carson I doubt they're better in the secondary plus tackles in space! If your gonna win your gonna have to win in a shootout. Imo tho who knows

Wylie's defensive players tackle very well in open space. Probably the best tethnically sound tackling defense in all of 4A. Proof will be in the pudding so to speak. The results have shown and will as well Friday night.

Eylau
12-08-2015, 05:16 PM
Think the only team left with a decent chance to beat Argyle is Carthage...
staying with my prediction of the LE/Argyle winner winning it all.

Wylie's defense is not as good as LE's that Argyle just faced... and Wylie's offense is nowhere near what Argyle's defense just had to match up with.
Argyle rolls

Region 2 > Region 1

LEFAN80
12-08-2015, 05:27 PM

LEFAN80
12-08-2015, 05:28 PM
You may be right... but statistically we have the best defense in the state. If it turns into a shootout Argyle will win. If it is a low scoring, limited possession game we have a legitimate shot. Doesn't really matter whether you have 55 points or 7 points at the end of the game... as long as you have more than your opponent.
Right out score them and you win

RPF2666
12-08-2015, 05:30 PM
Argyle is going to score points, even against a good defense. You better be able to get into at least the mid-20s or
you won't beat them, even with the best defense around.

slingshot
12-08-2015, 06:08 PM

Wylie's defense is not as good as LE's that Argyle just faced... and Wylie's offense is nowhere near what Argyle's defense just had to match up with.
Argyle rolls

Region 2 > Region 1...and you saw our defense when? Statistically your D is not even close.

Aguilafanatico
12-08-2015, 06:23 PM
...and you saw our defense when? Statistically your D is not even close.

You can't measure between the regions. LE was playing dynamic offensive teams week in, week out. Name the dynamic, athletic, multi-dimensional team AW has had to deal with this year outside of Argyle. Brownwood? Graham? Liberty Hill (maybe). Big Spring? Sorry but if Argyle can slow LE, Kennedale, and Pitt they should certainly be able to Contain AW. Watch the film. Argyle will score their points, can AW keep up is the question. I think Argyles defense is as good or better than AW's but that's just me. Check with LE, Kennedale, and Pitt.

Aguilafanatico
12-08-2015, 06:26 PM
I will add, I have a lot of respect for AW. Program, kids, coaches, fans are top notch. They will come to play that's for sure.

slingshot
12-08-2015, 07:15 PM
Ya'll may all be right--we may not have a chance, maybe we should just stay home and avoid the 3 hour drive... or maybe we come to Waco and give you our best shot? Decide it on the field. To borrow a phrase from Gordon Wood "We may be small but we're slow!". So please feel free to underestimate Wylie, tell your kids to do the same.:thumbsup:

Aguilafanatico
12-08-2015, 07:36 PM
Ya'll may all be right--we may not have a chance, maybe we should just stay home and avoid the 3 hour drive... or maybe we come to Waco and give you our best shot? Decide it on the field. To borrow a phrase from Gordon Wood "We may be small but we're slow!". So please feel free to underestimate Wylie, tell your kids to do the same.:thumbsup:

Argyle doesn't make a habit of underestimating any team. Especially those with programs and pedigree that AW has......in a state semifinal.

regaleagle
12-08-2015, 07:38 PM
Just looking at Wylie's schedule and the points allowed, one thing that definitely pops out at you is the low number of points scored by the opponents......even in a Wylie loss. There's really no comparison against the teams that were not competitive against either Argyle or Wylie. So against the more competitive teams, we can see that Wylie did a fantastic job at holding those teams to very low scores. I believe Argyle's Region 2 gauntlet of playoff contenders was of higher quality than those out of Region 1. Using those games as a comparison doesn't really tell much about Wylie.....only Argyle. For all we know Wylie may have been able to keep those teams at a lower scoring total than Argyle did.......we just really don't know. The smartest play is to just assume that Wylie is as good as advertised on defense and not even try to compare them with another team. Just get out there and get after it toe-to-toe with them and be ready for a very physical game. Wylie is definitely thinking this game is their ticket to a great season, regardless of what would happen in the finals......they just want to beat Argyle in this one and get to the final. So does Argyle, hehehe.

Deuce
12-08-2015, 07:41 PM
Lol, the cockiness of some of the Argyllians is getting deep! Give em HELL Dogs!

regaleagle
12-08-2015, 07:44 PM
Lol, the cockiness of some of the Argyllians is getting deep! Give em HELL Dogs!

I reckon it's time to put up or shut up, huh?

regaleagle
12-08-2015, 07:46 PM
Nothing wrong with being totally 100% for your team at this juncture. GO GET EM EAGLES!!

Aguilafanatico
12-08-2015, 07:49 PM

Lol, reading what was posted as cockiness. Just sayin you cannot compare defensive stats between teams that play teams from a different region all year long. LE has every right to say their defense is better than Wylie's. Wylie has every right to point to stats. Argyle has every right to point to the teams they have had to play to make the argument that their defense is just as good or better. Sorry to offend. If it makes you feel better I will just post niceties. AW pointing to defense and special teams as being the difference in Wylie's favor. Such cockiness! Give em HELL Argyle, they are cocky!!

hollywood
12-08-2015, 08:00 PM
I'm just glad to see a team representing District 3 in the state semi's. It's by far the best in Region 1. Typically, AW, SV, BW, and Graham have fielded the best teams for several years in Region 1. You never know how this will play out for sure. Every team has been an underdog at one point or another. And every team that has been an underdog has surprised the favorite at some point as well. The best team will prevail Friday and it will be settled on the field. We can boast, compare stats, and debate strength of schedule and regions for that matter all day long, but we all know that it will pose no bearing to how the game will go on the field. Good luck to both Abilene Wylie and Argyle. Both teams are deserving to be in Houston next week.

Aguilafanatico
12-08-2015, 08:16 PM
I'm just glad to see a team representing District 3 in the state semi's. It's by far the best in Region 1. Typically, AW, SV, BW, and Graham have fielded the best teams for several years in Region 1. You never know how this will play out for sure. Every team has been an underdog at one point or another. And every team that has been an underdog has surprised the favorite at some point as well. The best team will prevail Friday and it will be settled on the field. We can boast, compare stats, and debate strength of schedule and regions for that matter all day long, but we all know that it will pose no bearing to how the game will go on the field. Good luck to both Abilene Wylie and Argyle. Both teams are deserving to be in Houston next week.

At least the debate over here is more reasonable. Been on the "east Texas site" for too many weeks now. Unreasonable to say the least. But as you said, Argyle ended the debate on the field in every instance.

toddg
12-08-2015, 08:42 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/08/a45dc4b1aac29a30915cc4f5473443d7.jpg

toddg
12-08-2015, 08:51 PM
What would really be funny..Argyle wins 34-0 and I can't get on here and say "I told ya so"!!....

Eagle Nation
12-08-2015, 08:53 PM
I don't see this game as a high scoring as some may think it might be. Both teams have a good defense. Both teams have great coaching staffs and know what needs to be done at this time of year. This game will come down to the players, who wants it more. May everyone travel safe to the game and back home Friday night. We, Argylians, will be there rooting on our boys just as the Bulldog fans will be there pulling for their boys.
There is nothing that neither coach doesn't know about the other coach since we have played each other the last four years.
May the better team win and represent the Reg 1 and Reg 2 the way it should be represented.

Deuce
12-08-2015, 08:54 PM
Lol, reading what was posted as cockiness. Just sayin you cannot compare defensive stats between teams that play teams from a different region all year long. LE has every right to say their defense is better than Wylie's. Wylie has every right to point to stats. Argyle has every right to point to the teams they have had to play to make the argument that their defense is just as good or better. Sorry to offend. If it makes you feel better I will just post niceties. AW pointing to defense and special teams as being the difference in Wylie's favor. Such cockiness! Give em HELL Argyle, they are cocky!!

Doesn't offend me. I don't have a dog in the fight!

Wayne
12-08-2015, 09:18 PM
I don't see this game as a high scoring as some may think it might be. Both teams have a good defense. Both teams have great coaching staffs and know what needs to be done at this time of year. This game will come down to the players, who wants it more. May everyone travel safe to the game and back home Friday night. We, Argylians, will be there rooting on our boys just as the Bulldog fans will be there pulling for their boys.
There is nothing that neither coach doesn't know about the other coach since we have played each other the last four years.
May the better team win and represent the Reg 1 and Reg 2 the way it should be represented.

This

BuckNut75644
12-08-2015, 09:21 PM
I don't think that this game will really be that close. Argyle has fielded teams that have beat Gilmer 3 out of 4 games, and I don't mean to brag.....but that's pretty hard to do, because NOBODY else has in the past 10 years I don't think.....or at least remember. Argyles coaches are just really good at finding the weakness of other teams and exploiting them. Just my opinion.

JVDAD
12-08-2015, 09:26 PM
:weeping:

Argyle rolls

Region 2 > Region 1

Please repeat that the acoustics are pretty bad from the Gym!!!

hollywood
12-08-2015, 09:29 PM
As the banter is heating up this week, so is the crow. It's slowly roasting in the oven and large servings will be ready to serve late Friday night to the biggest boasters this week. The door is shut so tight that it's hard to peek inside to see if it will be Dog crow or Eagle crow. Hmmm, we shall see. I'd like to come back and watch it being served for sure. Kettle corn ready to pop for this!

JVDAD
12-08-2015, 09:37 PM
If it turns into a shootout Argyle will win. If it is a low scoring, limited possession game we have a legitimate shot. Doesn't really matter whether you have 55 points or 7 points at the end of the game... as long as you have more than your opponent.

Reasonable and accurate statement. We know Argyle will score, but if our boys can upset the tempo and create a turnover or two, we will be in this deal. Stats and the record of past opponents be damned, these are the two best teams left in this part of the state!

toddg
12-08-2015, 10:24 PM
No matter what happens in this game...my hope is that Slingshot can be just a fan and supporter of his team and not have to be a Physician..an injury free game.

ccmom
12-08-2015, 10:26 PM
No matter what happens in this game...my hope is that Slingshot can be just a fan and supporter of his team and not have to be a Physician..an injury free game.
Amen!

Eagle Nation
12-08-2015, 11:32 PM

👍

ccmom
12-08-2015, 11:46 PM
Due to a rather graceful, and unfortunate tumble I took over the weekend, I am restricted to walking with crutches without weight bearing. Those who know me understand that this is quite a challenge, although my children sometimes find it amusing. Soooo...sadly, I will miss the trip to Waco but will be listening intently to the broadcast with my foot propped up and likely a glass or two of wine. My hubby and sons will be at the game,?but they aren't nearly as loud as I am. Wylie fans need to yell extra loud for me!! I'll be yelling at the broadcast...if you listen closely you can probably hear me all the way at McLane!! ;)

I expect a 24-17 type score..maybe I'll be wrong, but I'll always be graceful! ;)

toddg
12-08-2015, 11:52 PM
Due to a rather graceful, and unfortunate tumble I took over the weekend, I am restricted to walking with crutches without weight bearing. Those who know me understand that this is quite a challenge, although my children sometimes find it amusing. Soooo...sadly, I will miss the trip to Waco but will be listening intently to the broadcast with my foot propped up and likely a glass or two of wine. My hubby and sons will be at the game,?but they aren't nearly as loud as I am. Wylie fans need to yell extra loud for me!! I'll be yelling at the broadcast...if you listen closely you can probably hear me all the way at McLane!! ;)

I expect a 24-17 type score..maybe I'll be wrong, but I'll always be graceful! ;)

My oldest feels your pain..but, if there was a 100m race for crutches use..he would be state champ!! MRI tomorrow.
Hope you heal up fast and get back on your feet soon!!

ccmom
12-09-2015, 12:11 AM
My oldest feels your pain..but, if there was a 100m race for crutches use..he would be state champ!! MRI tomorrow.
Hope you heal up fast and get back on your feet soon!!

Hope your son heals quickly, as well. Crutches are definitely better suited for young, strong people with coordination. I was hoping to be disqualified for all the reasons above, but the darn doctor says he knows I'm capable. :mad: What do Dr's know anyway, right slingshot?! ;)

slingshot
12-09-2015, 08:55 AM
Hope your son heals quickly, as well. Crutches are definitely better suited for young, strong people with coordination. I was hoping to be disqualified for all the reasons above, but the darn doctor says he knows I'm capable. :mad: What do Dr's know anyway, right slingshot?! ;)I know our kids will play hard Friday night... even without you there :eek:. Sorry to hear about your tumble--listen to your doctor BTW.

LEFAN80
12-09-2015, 01:53 PM
Another thing that keeps scoring low is that basically AW eats a lot of clock Argyle will also well they did against us so I can see this one around a 21-31 game or so good luck to both hope they're no injuries!

slingshot
12-09-2015, 02:35 PM
Another thing that keeps scoring low is that basically AW eats a lot of clock Argyle will also well they did against us so I can see this one around a 21-31 game or so good luck to both hope they're no injuries!Suspect you're right--maybe even lower scoring than that. Remember, when we played them earlier this season it was 20-10. I know they are better now but I really feel we are too... Argyle will show you your weaknesses, it is really good to play them--after that game we had wholesale changes on our O-line and have seen a ton of improvement there.

slingshot
12-09-2015, 02:42 PM
Heard a comment the other day from a fan of another area 4A team that said "Argyle will out-Wylie Wylie". When I asked him what he meant he just laughed and said they will do to you what you normally do to other teams in this area--play disciplined football, block and tackle well, run the ball and limit possessions... nothing flashy, just demoralize your opponent and win. Gotta respect that. Argyle's baseball team knocked us out in the semi's at the state tournament last year, their girls basketball team beat us in the state championship game, now facing them in the football Semis'... I do have a tremendous amount of respect for the entire Argyle athletic program, in every sport, not just football.

Rocket Man
12-09-2015, 02:48 PM
Adjusted Stats Matchup Analyzer

Argyle 29 Wylie 22

Based on stats from games played through 12/05/15

http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings-stats/tools/txhsfbmatchup.php?team1=Abilene+Wylie&site=%40&team2=Argyle

ccmom
12-09-2015, 03:43 PM
Heard a comment the other day from a fan of another area 4A team that said "Argyle will out-Wylie Wylie". When I asked him what he meant he just laughed and said they will do to you what you normally do to other teams in this area--play disciplined football, block and tackle well, run the ball and limit possessions... nothing flashy, just demoralize your opponent and win. Gotta respect that. Argyle's baseball team knocked us out in the semi's at the state tournament last year, their girls basketball team beat us in the state championship game, now facing them in the football Semis'... I do have a tremendous amount of respect for the entire Argyle athletic program, in every sport, not just football.

Our volleyball team did defeat Argyle in the 2012 state semis....I know that has nothing to do with football but it's a fond memory. ; )

I, too, have tons of respect for all of their programs.

Wayne
12-09-2015, 04:43 PM
No matter how much banter we give each other, I believe there is mutual respect between both of these teams. The loss to Argyle at the beginning of the year only made AW a better team. Just like the Argyle loss to Celina made Argyle a better team. This is going to be a great game and a great atmosphere to be apart of, I can't wait!

Eylau
12-09-2015, 05:21 PM
:weeping:

Please repeat that the acoustics are pretty bad from the Gym!!!

just enjoy the fact that your team is not in region 2. Wylie would not have wanted to face LE, Kennedale, Kaufman, Pittsburg, etc.
After this week, wylie fans will know how good region 2 is. This game will be very lopsided.
Argyle will not underestimate you, they will not slack up late in the game, they are just genuinely well coached and disciplined.

Argyle 41
Wylie 14

If anything other than an Argyle blowout happens, I will come back and eat my crow.

hollywood
12-09-2015, 06:50 PM
just enjoy the fact that your team is not in region 2. Wylie would not have wanted to face LE, Kennedale, Kaufman, Pittsburg, etc.
After this week, wylie fans will know how good region 2 is. This game will be very lopsided.
Argyle will not underestimate you, they will not slack up late in the game, they are just genuinely well coached and disciplined.

Argyle 41
Wylie 14

If anything other than an Argyle blowout happens, I will come back and eat my crow.

Go ahead and get ready then... I'll be surprised as heck if it is. Especially a 41-14 margin! I could see a 28-7 but not 41-14. Just my $.02

slingshot
12-09-2015, 06:52 PM

Argyle 41
Wylie 14

If anything other than an Argyle blowout happens, I will come back and eat my crow.Thump--Thump... sorry, just couldn't resist after reading that crap. You know nothing about us. Go 'Dawgs!

toddg
12-09-2015, 07:05 PM
Go ahead and get ready then... I'll be surprised as heck if it is. Especially a 41-14 margin! I could see a 28-7 but not 41-14. Just my $.02

Just 2 cents? come on!! You got more than that!!

toddg
12-09-2015, 07:22 PM
Oh..what's the marginal difference between 41-14 and 28-7? 6?....$.02 aint what it used to be!! LoL!! Remember when you could buy bubble gum for $.02? man, those were the days!!!

Deuce
12-09-2015, 09:03 PM
My $.02.... Wylie will have to hold Argyle under 14 points to win. They have the defense to do it but will need some help with a couple of turnovers. Also will need several long drives to grind clock and hopefully take Argyle out of their rhythm. Wylie does not have an explosive type offense that can keep pace with Argyle if they get rolling. If Argyle puts 3 TD's on the board, Wylie will be in trouble! Rooting for Region 1 and the Dogs! Good luck to both of these well coached teams!!

toddg
12-09-2015, 09:37 PM
My $.02.... Wylie will have to hold Argyle under 14 points to win. They have the defense to do it but will need some help with a couple of turnovers. Also will need several long drives to grind clock and hopefully take Argyle out of their rhythm. Wylie does not have an explosive type offense that can keep pace with Argyle if they get rolling. If Argyle puts 3 TD's on the board, Wylie will be in trouble! Rooting for Region 1 and the Dogs! Good luck to both of these well coached teams!!
i smell Trouble...

slingshot
12-09-2015, 10:04 PM
i smell Trouble...I smell Alvarado playing basketball... for several weeks now.

toddg
12-09-2015, 10:11 PM
I smell Alvarado playing basketball... for several weeks now.

We had a good season

JVDAD
12-09-2015, 10:19 PM
QUOTE=Eylau;1890377]just enjoy the fact that your team is not in region 2. Wylie would not have wanted to face LE, Kennedale, Kaufman, Pittsburg, etc.

Argyle 41
Wylie 14

If anything other than an Argyle blowout happens, I will come back and eat my crow.[/QUOTE]

Blah Blah Blah, Yawn, Yawn.....my dad can beat up your dad.....:rolleyes::rolleyes: Go ahead with your free throws, we may get our A$$ kicked, but get off with the be glad your not in region 2...... You should be the one who is glad we're not in Region 2........

Aguilafanatico
12-09-2015, 10:37 PM
QUOTE=Eylau;1890377]just enjoy the fact that your team is not in region 2. Wylie would not have wanted to face LE, Kennedale, Kaufman, Pittsburg, etc.

Argyle 41
Wylie 14

Blah Blah Blah, Yawn, Yawn.....my dad can beat up your dad.....:rolleyes::rolleyes: Go ahead with your free throws, we may get our A$$ kicked, but get off with the be glad your not in region 2...... You should be the one who is glad we're not in Region 2........[/QUOTE]

I for one am glad AW is not in region 2. There were enough top notch teams already. Proud that the Eagles are representing region 2. Best region in the state IMO.

Caveman
12-10-2015, 06:22 AM
Oh..what's the marginal difference between 41-14 and 28-7? 6?....$.02 aint what it used to be!! LoL!! Remember when you could buy bubble gum for $.02? man, those were the days!!!

$.02? I remember when it was 2 for a penny, two packs of baseball cards for a nickle. But minimum wage was $.90 an hour.

Eylau
12-10-2015, 09:56 AM
Region 2 is by far the most loaded region in the state.

And for saying I know nothing about abilene wylie....if one knows how to efficiently use the internet, they can know everything about your football team.
It's really not that hard to find film on wylie. Wylie would not have sniffed the semis, or even quarterfinals if they would have had to come out of region 2.
Wylie is an above average football team, but so was almost the entire bracket in region 2, wylie would have been the 3 or 4 seed in LE's district.

Argyle vs carthage for the title may turn out as the game of the year. congrats on a good season though wylie.
Both teams LE lost to this year are still playing football right now, so i guess we did alright.

eaglesfan34
12-10-2015, 09:57 AM
A live telecast of Argyle vs. Abilene Wylie will be available at www.sportsgram.net for $7.95 or you can choose audio only for free.

regaleagle
12-10-2015, 10:36 AM
NEVER underestimate a team like the Abilene Wylie Bulldogs.....NEVER! Especially with their tradition, coaching staff, senior leadership, talent, and deep desire to win against Argyle. This game will be more than X's and O's to win this game......it will have all those intangibles that cannot be measured mixed in that will make this game a great one to watch. Team chemistry, great desire, individual talent, turnovers, penalties.......all kinds of variables that cannot be measured.......this is what makes football in the playoffs great. At this level, you don't usually see easy wins or blowouts.......all the teams are of high quality and fairly evenly matched. I seriously doubt that Argyle will be able to get any easy scores on Wylie. I'm still SOLD on Argyle's kicking game being the big difference-maker........winning field position that sets up the rest. Good luck to both teams, but mainly GO EAGLES!!!

eaglesfan34
12-10-2015, 11:38 AM
UPDATE: The Argyle vs. Abilene Wylie live telecast will be FREE at www.sportsgram.net

Deuce
12-10-2015, 11:48 AM
UPDATE: The Argyle vs. Abilene Wylie live telecast will be FREE at www.sportsgram.net

Sweet!

slingshot
12-10-2015, 01:22 PM
Region 2 is by far the most loaded region in the state.

And for saying I know nothing about abilene wylie....if one knows how to efficiently use the internet, they can know everything about your football team.
It's really not that hard to find film on wylie. Wylie would not have sniffed the semis, or even quarterfinals if they would have had to come out of region 2.
Wylie is an above average football team, but so was almost the entire bracket in region 2, wylie would have been the 3 or 4 seed in LE's district.

Argyle vs carthage for the title may turn out as the game of the year. congrats on a good season though wylie.
Both teams LE lost to this year are still playing football right now, so i guess we did alright.I know all this is a futile attempt to come to grips and deal with your team's loss earlier than expected. Sucks to have to revert to slamming other teams to make you feel better about your disappointment. These feelings will get better with time as you progress through the stages of grief (look it up on the internet... assuming you do know how to use it efficiently). In meantime--go watch your basketball game tonight and try to avoid reliving the loss. Focus on the positives in your life, do not go watch old game films... or better yet, come to Waco and watch 2 of the final 4 teams in 4A Div 1 duke it out for a shot at the state championship--something your team CANNOT do.

That will be $212.50, payable to Dr Slingshot for the counseling session...

bearbear78
12-10-2015, 06:42 PM
I know all this is a futile attempt to come to grips and deal with your team's loss earlier than expected. Sucks to have to revert to slamming other teams to make you feel better about your disappointment. These feelings will get better with time as you progress through the stages of grief (look it up on the internet... assuming you do know how to use it efficiently). In meantime--go watch your basketball game tonight and try to avoid reliving the loss. Focus on the positives in your life, do not go watch old game films... or better yet, come to Waco and watch 2 of the final 4 teams in 4A Div 1 duke it out for a shot at the state championship--something your team CANNOT do.

You're brutal Dr.!!!!

slingshot
12-10-2015, 06:49 PM
Was just addressing the classic passive-aggressive behavior with dismissive tone by certain posters... :rolleyes:

JVDAD
12-10-2015, 08:48 PM
I know all this is a futile attempt to come to grips and deal with your team's loss earlier than expected. Sucks to have to revert to slamming other teams to make you feel better about your disappointment. These feelings will get better with time as you progress through the stages of grief (look it up on the internet... assuming you do know how to use it efficiently). In meantime--go watch your basketball game tonight and try to avoid reliving the loss. Focus on the positives in your life, do not go watch old game films... or better yet, come to Waco and watch 2 of the final 4 teams in 4A Div 1 duke it out for a shot at the state championship--something your team CANNOT do.

That's funny I don't care who you are!!!!

Safe travels to all! No matter the outcome I hope we can talk about how the game was fitting of a semi-final between two GREAT programs! I love good clean rivalry games, Graham, Brownwood and Stephenville are among my favorites but this has really shaped up to a great rivalarly in all extracurriculars. It is pretty hard for a dog to catch a bird but when they do it ain't pretty! GO DAWGS!!!!!!

Eagle Nation
12-10-2015, 09:35 PM
Last time I check a bulldog is not a bird dog.
Safe travels to everyone. Let's pray for an injury free game.

bobcat1
12-10-2015, 09:50 PM
Come on Eagles! We are pulling for ya!

JVDAD
12-10-2015, 10:00 PM
Come on Eagles! We are pulling for ya!

Bobcat what I want know is... where did you catch those slabs?

bobcat1
12-10-2015, 10:53 PM
Bobcat what I want know is... where did you catch those slabs?Lake Texoma, the striper lake. Shhhh! Nobody knows they are there. LOL

JVDAD
12-10-2015, 10:59 PM
Lake Texoma, the striper lake. Shhhh! Nobody knows they are there. LOL

Nice....good fishing is one thing West Texas can't even think of competing with North and East Texas. There are some good lakes but they are few an far between.

bobcat1
12-10-2015, 11:05 PM
Nice....good fishing is one thing West Texas can't even think of competing with North and East Texas. There are some good lakes but they are few an far between.I cleaned out my PM box. Sorry about that.

Aguilafanatico
12-11-2015, 12:35 AM
I cleaned out my PM box. Sorry about that.

Same to you Bobcat 1. Plenty of Celina support for your boys. Kick some A!!

toddg
12-11-2015, 07:37 AM
Safe travels and good luck to Abilene Wylie and Argyle!! Final four is a great accomplishment.

Bullaholic
12-11-2015, 10:10 AM
Haven't seen either of these teams this season, so I won't make any guesses, but I do remember the program quality that both of these schools have come to represent---excellence in athletics with class. Best of luck to both of these fine teams, and anyone watching will be treated to a great quality event in all phases of the game.

regaleagle
12-11-2015, 10:46 AM
The Argyle Eagles have been thru a gauntlet of tough contenders this season to get to this game. They have been tested and retested on many fields and have been found to be very resilient and very tough both on offense and defense. Their special teams have also shined and come up big in some of the games. Their kicking game is just superior.....end of story. But I think the Eagles kicking game will again be THE story of the game again tonite in Waco. Watch for how many kickoffs go into the endzone for touchbacks. Watch for how Estrada punts tonite and the results. Watch the Eagles coverage teams on kicks. And watch out for the field goals by Holt when Argyle gets into the RED ZONE and is stopped on 3rd down. I think Holt is something like 14-15 for the season......his only miss being in that windblown cold rainy game against Kennedale. When he missed it right, his plant foot slipped on the turf in driving rain. He's perfect for the season on extra points......probably the kicker of the year in 4A this season. Sometimes Estrada kicks off and sometimes Holt kicks off. They both can kick it deep and get touchbacks. I think Estrada's leg is a little stronger, but Holt is more accurate on field goals.

regaleagle
12-11-2015, 10:49 AM
Naturally......what all this means is scores. Better field position to defend against, or better field position for the offense to score. And an accurate kicker to make the 3-pointers and the all-important extra points. Wylie does have a few very tall guys that could try to block an extra point, though. Holt has been perfect so far this season. Argyle's kicking game will shine again and make a big difference tonite.

regaleagle
12-11-2015, 11:08 AM
There's just not much an opponent can do to negate and defend against a very good kicking game.....esp. at the high school level. It's a real advantage that has to be recognized for what it can mean for both teams.

Rocket Man
12-11-2015, 11:13 AM
There's just not much an opponent can do to negate and defend against a very good kicking game.....esp. at the high school level. It's a real advantage that has to be recognized for what it can mean for both teams.

Are you going to be able to go to the game tonight?

ccmom
12-11-2015, 11:29 AM
http://www.reporternews.com/sports/high-school/football/wylies-seniors-key-while-team-deals-with-injuries-ep-1351921298-347817061.html

Seniors are often considered the heart and soul of their teams. It’s normal these days, though, to see talented underclassmen in featured roles.

Wylie football has experienced this in the midst of a 7-2 season, but make no mistake: The 25 seniors on this year’s team are upholding the program’s tradition of senior leadership.

With multiple sophomores and juniors forcing their way into key roles, coach Hugh Sandifer said this is one of the younger teams he’s coached in recent years.

“We have four sophomores on the varsity. That’s kind of different,” he said. “Last year we had a large senior class of 36. (We have) 25 of them this year, (and) it makes it look like a very small class. But it’s not quite as big of a senior class as we’ve been having. But I tell you what, we’ve been getting a lot of mileage out of these guys and they have done nothing but continue to develop leadership skills.

“A lot of people say by the time you’re a senior you ought to be a great leader. It’s not a situation where you just have that natural ability. I think you have to develop those skills and work on those skills. These guys have had to work on that to be leaders because it doesn’t always come natural to people.”

Wylie is getting production on both sides of the ball from a talented crew of rising talent. During the team’s 23-6 win over Big Spring last week, junior wide receiver Tyler Henson, starting in place of injured senior Jaxson Money, pulled in a 24-yard touchdown pass from senior quarterback Tyler Ward in the second quarter.

In the fourth, junior linebacker Brayden Ward returned an interception 38 yards for a touchdown.

Safety Blake Johnston, who led the team in receiving last week with three catches for 53 yards, said he and his fellow seniors make sure their presence is felt.

“Obviously we want to be out there and try to maintain the senior effect,” Johnston said. “You’ve got to boss them around a little bit. But they step up. They do their job. We just make sure that’s what they’re focusing on. Don’t focus on the play before. Don’t focus on the next play. You’ve got to play it play by play as Coach Sandifer says all the time.”

Despite a number of injuries and multiple players seeing their first major action at the varsity level, the Bulldogs haven’t skipped a beat. They are on a four-game winning streak and can complete their second consecutive sweep through District 3-4A Division I on Friday when Stephenville comes to Bulldog Stadium.

Sandifer said the team’s leadership plays a huge role in this.

“I give them a lot of credit because I see them coaching them, talking to them and helping them,” he said. “Because people did that to them. They’re paying it back really. That’s what this program has been built on. We’re going to take care of each other. You better coach them up. You better be up when they’re up. You better pick them up when they’re down.”

The team’s confidence could easily have been shaken with the loss of its top two receivers in Money and Braxten Piland, another senior. The Bulldogs have also dealt with injuries along the offensive line and on defense.

“With all the injuries we’ve had, one thing is just keeping calm,” Ward said. “Coach Sandifer talks about it all the time. We’re always going to have guys filing positions. It’s making sure they do the right thing. Making sure they execute the way they’re supposed to.”

Sandifer said the way the team has handled these injuries can’t be overlooked.

“That’s some of the things that go unnoticed by people,” Sandifer said. “Just the demeanor of your team, how you handle the locker room and not panic. We had seven football players not suit out last week. It would have been easy to panic and jump ship. We just stayed the course and those guys that filled in did their best to do it. Everybody was encouraging them. That comes from the leaders. They want to do the right thing in leadership. And the kids that are younger, they want to play for those guys.”

This leadership Sandifer speaks of is the result of players patiently waiting while putting in the work to improve.

“We want them to understand the basics as they’re growing up,” Sandifer said. “Be here every day. Work hard every day. Get a chance to represent your school on the field on Thursday. Then when you get to the varsity level, especially your senior year, there’s just more responsibility. You are the ones that determine how the practices go. I let the seniors know that before the season ever starts. If we’re dragging, it’s because they’re probably dragging. All eyes are on you as a senior and the process is you earn your time, you earn your respect.”

Ward said he’s seen the value of experience through his time moving up the Bulldog ranks.

“The seniors this year, we may not be huge in numbers but we definitely have big hearts,” he said. “What we’ve seen the last couple years, it’s huge having seniors as leaders and just going into games knowing the seniors know what to do and when to do it.”

From the seniors down to the sophomores, Johnston said he can sense the team’s confidence growing despite the obstacles in its way.

“It’s always a big goal for us to win district,” Johnston said. “To go into district and not even having a loss yet is huge. I think it builds our confidence a lot just going into this game knowing that we’ve beat some of the best teams in the state.”

regaleagle
12-11-2015, 11:32 AM
Are you going to be able to go to the game tonight?

Yep.....it's about a 3 hr. drive from San Antonio and the weather will be great! I'm looking forward to all the excitement in tonite's game at the new McLane Stadium.....haven't seen a game there yet! I guess I'll just drive back home tonite after the game. Should be a great atmosphere in that stadium tonite, huh?

Rocket Man
12-11-2015, 11:48 AM
Yep.....it's about a 3 hr. drive from San Antonio and the weather will be great! I'm looking forward to all the excitement in tonite's game at the new McLane Stadium.....haven't seen a game there yet! I guess I'll just drive back home tonite after the game. Should be a great atmosphere in that stadium tonite, huh?

Good deal and yes the atmosphere should be great. The stadium is very nice and there shouldn't be a fee for parking although a gate ticket will cost ya $12; I will be there along with my crew.

If you hit Waco close to game time, then take the University Parks exit , turn right and go all the way to the Ferrell Center, get in the left lane and turn left onto La Salle. Once on La Salle get to the right and take the MLK exit and then take the first left to the stadium. This will save you from the long line of traffic that will back up on the street from the stadium all the way to I-35. Travel safe.

Bosqueville
12-11-2015, 12:21 PM
The Allen/Westlake game has been moved to Friday night at Waco ISD. Rumor is, several Allen administrators reached out to Argyle in hopes of a venue switch but that was a no go... Allen will have to squeeze into 11,500 seat Waco ISD stadium. Traffic will be a nightmare!

slingshot
12-11-2015, 12:28 PM
The Allen/Westlake game has been moved to Friday night at Waco ISD. Rumor is, several Allen administrators reached out to Argyle in hopes of a venue switch but that was a no go... Allen will have to squeeze into 11,500 seat Waco ISD stadium. Traffic will be a nightmare!Wow! Thanks for the traffic tips Rocket man!

JVDAD
12-11-2015, 01:44 PM
Last time I check a bulldog is not a bird dog.
Safe travels to everyone. Let's pray for an injury free game.

Hmmm.....Wylie Bird Dogs......It would be unique!!!!

Rocket Man
12-11-2015, 08:24 PM
The Rocket Man crew is in the house! 5:30 til kickoff

briandumith*
12-11-2015, 08:25 PM
http://www.sportsgram.net/live.php
watch the game live...I think

toddg
12-11-2015, 08:26 PM
http://www.sportsgram.net/live.php
watch the game live...I think

"Don't think, it can only hurt the team"
-crash

briandumith*
12-11-2015, 08:27 PM
lol :fnypost:

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 08:42 PM
Argyle 6-0 Wylie

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 08:43 PM
Argyle 6-0 Wylie

Argyle gets the extra point. Argyle 7-0

Eagle Nation
12-11-2015, 08:44 PM
Argyle 7-0

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 08:48 PM
Wylie forced to punt.

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 08:52 PM
Flags costing Wylie. Need to.play more sound.

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 08:54 PM
Argyle 1st and goal

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 08:54 PM
Argyle TD 13-0

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 08:55 PM
Argyle TD 13-0

Argyle 14, Abilene Wylie 0
Less than two minutes left in the first quarter

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 08:58 PM
End of the first quarter Argyle 14-0 Abilene Wylie.

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 09:00 PM
Wylie forced to punt again.

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 09:03 PM
Argyle forced to punt.

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 09:08 PM
Wylie fourth down.

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 09:10 PM
TD Wylie!!!!!
Argyle 14-6 Wylie

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 09:10 PM
TD Wylie!!!!!
Argyle 14-6 Wylie

Argyle 14-7 Wylie

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 09:14 PM
Wylie Interception!!!!!
Back in it!!!!!!

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 09:18 PM
Wylie Interception!!!!!
Back in it!!!!!!

Wylie fourth down.

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 09:19 PM
Wylie fg.
Argyle 14-10 Abilene Wylie

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 09:22 PM
Argyle punt.

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 09:29 PM
First and goal Wylie.

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 09:30 PM
First and goal Wylie.

WYLIE TD
AW 17-14 Argyle!

panfan
12-11-2015, 09:33 PM
Let's go AW!

garciap77
12-11-2015, 09:35 PM
Sportsgram.net

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 09:36 PM
WYLIE TD
AW 17-14 Argyle!

End the first half
Abilene Wylie leads Argyle 17-14 after being down 14-0.
Fun game! The better Wylie does the better I feel about Brownwood!
Go Bullpups!!!

garciap77
12-11-2015, 09:39 PM
End the first half
Abilene Wylie leads Argyle 17-14 after being down 14-0.
Fun game! The better Wylie does the better I feel about Brownwood!
Go Bullpups!!!
:clap:

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 09:44 PM
:clap:

Waco La Vega 21-3 Carthage
Celina 21-21 Gilmer

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 10:06 PM
Second half begins, argyles ball.

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 10:13 PM
Second half begins, argyles ball.

Fourth down argyle

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 10:14 PM
Fourth down argyle

FG Argyle
AW and Argyle tied at 17

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 10:19 PM
FG Argyle
AW and Argyle tied at 17

Wylie punt.

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 10:27 PM
Wylie punt.

Argyle punt.

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 10:28 PM
End of the third.
Wylie and argyle tied at 17

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 10:31 PM
Wylie punt.

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 10:37 PM
Argyle misses a field goal.

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 10:41 PM
Wylie punt

bearbear78
12-11-2015, 10:42 PM
What a battle!!! AW surprising a lot of folks tonight.

toddg
12-11-2015, 10:43 PM
glad i was wrong, great game!!

91 lion
12-11-2015, 10:46 PM
glad i was wrong, great game!!

Region 1 is showing up!

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 10:54 PM
TD Argyle!
Argyle 24-17 Wylie

Roughneck93
12-11-2015, 10:59 PM
Time left?

garciap77
12-11-2015, 11:01 PM
Congrats eagles! Great game! Good luck next week! Thanks Bulldogs for another great season!!!!!

clcannon17
12-11-2015, 11:02 PM
Argyle will win it!
Argyle 24-17 Abilene Wylie

Good season.Wylie, made region 1 not look like a pushover.

Stones_21
12-11-2015, 11:02 PM
Argyle just won.... They made some good adjustments at half.

Eagle Nation
12-11-2015, 11:04 PM
Congrats to Wylie on their season. Everyone have a safe trip home.
Time to stop by West for some cinnamon rolls.

JVDAD
12-11-2015, 11:05 PM
Wow! Great game! Proud of the Dawgs on a great season! Congrats Eagles, finish the run!

Tejastrue
12-11-2015, 11:06 PM
Congrats Argyle! Awesome effort Wylie!

ccmom
12-11-2015, 11:08 PM
Couldn't be prouder of this team! They overcame adversity time and time again this season and took us on quite a ride. Those who said this wouldn't be a game were certainly wrong. Kudos to Argyle for wearing us down and coming out with an earned win. Safe travels everyone! Love my Dawgs!

canno
12-11-2015, 11:09 PM
Good game Wylie you represented region 1 great.congratulations Argyle you'll have a tough game against la Vega.good luck

slingshot
12-12-2015, 12:11 AM
Congrats Argyle! What a game... Even up for 47 min and 2 sec. Wylie played their heart out, Argyle's size up front on both sides of the ball finally wore us down...

Wayne
12-12-2015, 12:44 AM
Hats off to the Wylie Bulldogs, it wasn't easy by no means.

ccmom
12-12-2015, 03:13 AM
Argyle handled an extremely explosive offense last night..and moved the ball on an equally explosive defense..impressive across the board.. This ain't week 1 Argyle.. Argyle 35-0 in the semi

toddg--let's make a friendly wager: if Argyle wins by 35 or more I won't post for a month on the Downlow... If the margin either way is less than 35 you don't. Deal?

sure, why not..deal

I will be speaking on behalf of toddg over the next 30 days. He would like everyone to know that he will be entering downlow rehab first thing tomorrow in order to combat the withdrawal symptoms he will be facing. He is to be commended for holding up his end of the friendly wager and wants everyone to know that he was wrong to predict a 35 point blowout by the Eagles. He will also be blinging out one of his purple shirts with the words "The Dawgs proved me wrong, but these rhinestones make me feel pretty." That was all his idea. What a man! A strange man, perhaps, but a confident man of his words. It takes confidence to post a pic of himself in the shirt with a purple tutu on. He will be practicing his selfies in the mirror over the next month and we can't wait to see the finished product. Don't judge him. Be proud of the blinged out, tutu wearing Indian who goes above and beyond to admit he was wrong. Bravo toddg, and I know you are reading this so if you would like me do add anything just let me know, twinkle toes!! :taunt:

Eylau
12-12-2015, 03:23 AM
Congrats Argyle! I did not realize how banged up argyle was coming into this game when I chipped in my prediction, but they pulled it out.
Congrats on a good season Wylie, played your best game of the season tonight to be able battle argyle til the end. Very shocked at the Carthage/la vega score 😳

slingshot
12-12-2015, 04:14 AM
Congrats Argyle! I did not realize how banged up argyle was coming into this game when I chipped in my prediction, but they pulled it out.
Congrats on a good season Wylie, played your best game of the season tonight to be able battle argyle til the end. Very shocked at the Carthage/la vega score ��...still think Wylie is the 4th place team in your district or 'doesn't sniff the quarterfinals in Region 2'??? We had 8 starters in street clothes and played Argyle down to the wire--game was tied until 56 seconds left. Talked to two Argyle coaches after the game--they stated Wylie was the toughest defense they played all year and the most disciplined team they played. One said "it's like playing of mirror image of us". I think we could have held our own just fine in Region 2 or any other region... That all said--I'm rooting for Argyle to win it all. Go Eagles and finish the job!

slingshot
12-12-2015, 04:18 AM
Just a teaser: #30 LB that intercepted the 2nd quarter pass and returned it 40 yards to set up a TD? Sophomore. #32 RB/S/WR that had several nice KO and punt returns and caught the 1st TD pass? Sophomore. #12 RB that caught the 2nd TD pass? Junior. Think we'll be just fine next year too...

JVDAD
12-12-2015, 04:36 AM
...still think Wylie is the 4th place team in your district or 'doesn't sniff the quarterfinals in Region 2'??? We had 8 starters in street clothes and played Argyle down to the wire--game was tied until 56 seconds left. Talked to two Argyle coaches after the game--they stated Wylie was the toughest defense they played all year and the most disciplined team they played. One said "it's like playing of mirror image of us". I think we could have held our own just fine in Region 2 or any other region... That all said--I'm rooting for Argyle to win it all. Go Eagles and finish the job!

:stirpot::stirpot::stirpot::stirpot::stirpot::taun t::taunt::taunt:

Wayne
12-12-2015, 09:33 AM
Abilene Wylie came to play last night. They weren't giving that game to Argyle just because the polls did. They made Argyle earn it. Very classy team and fans, as always. One of the reasons I enjoy playing AW. Hats of to the Bulldogs on a Outstanding season.

regaleagle
12-12-2015, 10:07 AM
Here's the winning stat folks......Argyle's defense held the Wylie offense to only 17 total yards in the 2nd half......17 yds in an entire half!!! That's the winning stat for sure. Shane McKinney had 4 sacks.....3 officially because one was negated by a penalty. But that is just excellence by a defense. Wylie was well-coached, disciplined, and had a very good qb in Tyler Ward led the Bulldogs in rushing in this game. Hats off to the Wylie D for putting the squashers on a very good Argyle football team. They stayed at home all night and made tackles. No misdirection plays for big yards.....in fact, no big plays by Argyle period. What a great game by the Wylie secondary all night. They knocked down passes at the perfect point consistently.....without pass interference. Very clean game by Wylie and a very good game all around by both teams. Good season for the Wylie Bulldogs......and great team chemistry. The 2015 Wylie Bulldogs were a very good TEAM.

clcannon17
12-12-2015, 01:55 PM
Here's the winning stat folks......Argyle's defense held the Wylie offense to only 17 total yards in the 2nd half......17 yds in an entire half!!! That's the winning stat for sure. Shane McKinney had 4 sacks.....3 officially because one was negated by a penalty. But that is just excellence by a defense. Wylie was well-coached, disciplined, and had a very good qb in Tyler Ward led the Bulldogs in rushing in this game. Hats off to the Wylie D for putting the squashers on a very good Argyle football team. They stayed at home all night and made tackles. No misdirection plays for big yards.....in fact, no big plays by Argyle period. What a great game by the Wylie secondary all night. They knocked down passes at the perfect point consistently.....without pass interference. Very clean game by Wylie and a very good game all around by both teams. Good season for the Wylie Bulldogs......and great team chemistry. The 2015 Wylie Bulldogs were a very good TEAM.

Still was easier to score on Argyles' defense than it was to score on Brownwood's defense.
Couldn't help myself, all these teams have very bright future's ahead of them.

Also CCmom tell toddg we'll miss him. :taunt:

regaleagle
12-12-2015, 01:58 PM
Still was easier to score on Argyles' defense than it was to score on Brownwood's defense.

I don't think toddg made a very wise bet there, hehehe. Geez, toddg.....Wylie had already proven their salt on defense all season long.

slingshot
12-12-2015, 02:01 PM

Also CCmom tell toddg we'll miss him. :taunt:Funny you say that--was just thinking that Brownwood could have competed with Argyle (or anyone else in R2) very well. I will admit that top to bottom R2 is stouter, but Wylie and Brownwood could compete with anyone in that region.

slingshot
12-12-2015, 02:02 PM
I don't think toddg made a very wise bet there, hehehe. Geez, toddg.....Wylie had already proven their salt on defense all season long.Hi toddg :wave:

slingshot
12-12-2015, 02:27 PM

Argyle 41
Wylie 14

If anything other than an Argyle blowout happens, I will come back and eat my crow.Fried? BBQ'd? Grilled?

Eylau
12-12-2015, 03:27 PM
Fried? BBQ'd? Grilled?

You choose lol

LionFan72
12-12-2015, 04:11 PM
Congrats to both teams for proving your worth in hard fought game! Much as I could have guessed, a TD win!

Could have gone either way, I'm sure. Both fine programs, with an excellent history, great coaches and solid fan bases! Region 1 was well represented by AW Bulldogs, and I had picked LE as Region 2 champ due to injuries, but the coaches and selfless players of Argyle came through as champs.

Hopefully, next year will be Region 1 return to game and fame!

Hate this time of year, football is over next week!! Only ho-hum college ball and National Flunky league still filling their cash coffers. High School football is where it is at!

clcannon17
12-12-2015, 04:36 PM
Congrats to both teams for proving your worth in hard fought game! Much as I could have guessed, a TD win!

Could have gone either way, I'm sure. Both fine programs, with an excellent history, great coaches and solid fan bases! Region 1 was well represented by AW Bulldogs, and I had picked LE as Region 2 champ due to injuries, but the coaches and selfless players of Argyle came through as champs.

Hopefully, next year will be Region 1 return to game and fame!

Hate this time of year, football is over next week!! Only ho-hum college ball and National Flunky league still filling their cash coffers. High School football is where it is at!

FCS isn't that bad, it just doesn't get proper media coverage

clcannon17
12-12-2015, 04:44 PM
Funny you say that--was just thinking that Brownwood could have competed with Argyle (or anyone else in R2) very well. I will admit that top to bottom R2 is stouter, but Wylie and Brownwood could compete with anyone in that region.

Idk Graham, Andrews, Mineral Wells were pretty tough themselves. It's not quite that simple.
If I understand correctly, all these teams have players returning.
Throw in Stephenville and maybe even Big Spring with their new coach, and region 1 is pretty stout next year, minus graham of course.

Aguilafanatico
12-12-2015, 06:40 PM

Please!!!! AW had 17 total yards of offense in the 2nd half vs Argyle. guess if you consider scoring ZERO in the second half of the biggest game of the season as "easier" then.....guess you are correct.

clcannon17
12-12-2015, 07:09 PM
Please!!!! AW had 17 total yards of offense in the 2nd half vs Argyle. guess if you consider scoring ZERO in the second half of the biggest game of the season as "easier" then.....guess you are correct.

Brownwood did hold Wylie to 0 in the second half though. And yearly totals say that argyles defense allowed 27 points to wylies offense, Brownwood only 14!

Aguilafanatico
12-15-2015, 09:54 AM
I wanted to mention that besides the football program I was thoroughly impressed with the AW band. They were really loud when we were on offense, didn't play when AW was on offense and really seemed to understand how they could be a force in supporting their team. Not to mention that they were really good at ht. At several points during the game, when Argyle was on offense, I noticed the Argyle band joining in with AW, seemingly not understanding that Wylie was playing loud in an attempt to disrupt the Argyle offense. The Argyle band was helping them out which had to be amusing to the AW folks. Kudos to the Wylie band, they were great.

slingshot
12-15-2015, 01:25 PM
I wanted to mention that besides the football program I was thoroughly impressed with the AW band. They were really loud when we were on offense, didn't play when AW was on offense and really seemed to understand how they could be a force in supporting their team. Not to mention that they were really good at ht. At several points during the game, when Argyle was on offense, I noticed the Argyle band joining in with AW, seemingly not understanding that Wylie was playing loud in an attempt to disrupt the Argyle offense. The Argyle band was helping them out which had to be amusing to the AW folks. Kudos to the Wylie band, they were great.Thank you! Our band is very good and very loud... never forget the Snyder HC complaining to the refs they were too loud for his offense to hear the signals! Another district coach told me they actually prepared for the Wylie band by blasting in loud music at practice to simulate the noise. People forget all the hours of hard work and practice the bands put in too...

slingshot
12-15-2015, 01:28 PM
If I can make one minor suggestion to the Argyle band... tradition and courtesy dictates that when the losing team goes to their sideline and the band plays the school song that you wait out of respect to let them finish before starting your school song--Argyle's band starts playing right in middle of our song, do it every time. Only school I've seen do this. Minor I know but annoying...

Aguilafanatico
12-15-2015, 01:31 PM
If I can make one minor suggestion to the Argyle band... tradition and courtesy dictates that when the losing team goes to their sideline and the band plays the school song that you wait out of respect to let them finish before starting your school song--Argyle's band starts playing right in middle of our song, do it every time. Only school I've seen do this. Minor I know but annoying...

Agree 100%

Rabid Cougar
12-15-2015, 03:44 PM

No message

Rabid Cougar
12-15-2015, 03:50 PM
Thank you! Our band is very good and very loud... never forget the Snyder HC complaining to the refs they were too loud for his offense to hear the signals! Another district coach told me they actually prepared for the Wylie band by blasting in loud music at practice to simulate the noise. People forget all the hours of hard work and practice the bands put in too...

There is an actual rule that states the opponents band cannot play once the center is over the ball. I have coach here in Central Texas that asked for it to be enforced every game (home and away). Boy does it piss off band parents.

slingshot
12-15-2015, 04:54 PM
There is an actual rule that states the opponents band cannot play once the center is over the ball. I have coach here in Central Texas that asked for it to be enforced every game (home and away). Boy does it piss off band parents.Fortunately it's one of those rules rarely enforced... kinda like the rule about coaches out on the field. I kid you not--Brownwood's HC was out at the numbers about 50% of the game. Remember also Stephenville's previous coach would huddle up his team about 10 -15 yards out on the field with him in the middle of it between plays! Thought Coach Sandifer was gonna blow a gasket...

LionFan72
12-16-2015, 05:07 AM
Fortunately it's one of those rules rarely enforced... kinda like the rule about coaches out on the field. I kid you not--Brownwood's HC was out at the numbers about 50% of the game. Remember also Stephenville's previous coach would huddle up his team about 10 -15 yards out on the field with him in the middle of it between plays! Thought Coach Sandifer was gonna blow a gasket...

RULES......oh yes, this is 2015; are made to be broken!