PDA

View Full Version : Celina (14-0) vs Gilmer (14-0) 2015 4A D2 State Semifinals here we go

Pages : [1] 2

bobcat1
12-04-2015, 11:24 PM
I Got the Bobcats winning over the (As CCMom calls them) Bucknuts. Close game. Buckeyes defense is stout.

orange machine
12-04-2015, 11:47 PM
Mesquite Memorial 7:30 friday.

orange machine
12-04-2015, 11:52 PM
I think Celina wins by two scores.

d0tc0m
12-05-2015, 12:02 AM
I think Celina wins by two scores.

Man, I'd sure take that. I think it'll be a one-score game, though, if Celina comes out on top. One thing's for sure, the Bobcats can't afford to come out flat and play slow in the early-going of this game. Bobcats need to start hot, score early and often and hold the Buckeyes to a couple three-and-outs.

orange machine
12-05-2015, 12:04 AM
Man, I'd sure take that. I think it'll be a one-score game, though, if Celina comes out on top. One thing's for sure, the Bobcats can't afford to come out flat and play slow in the early-going of this game. Bobcats need to start hot, score early and often and hold the Buckeyes to a couple three-and-outs.

I'm gonna be good this week I'm not getting into all the banter mouthing here or Smoaky

lostaussie
12-05-2015, 12:14 AM
I'm gonna be good this week I'm not getting into all the banter mouthing here or Smoaky

I'll help you over here:D

poisoned10
12-05-2015, 12:24 AM
Meh . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poisoned10
12-05-2015, 12:44 AM
At least I won't have to argue with myself this week.

poisoned10
12-05-2015, 12:44 AM
At least I won't have to argue with myself this week.

That's what you think . . .

garciap77
12-05-2015, 12:54 AM
:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:Celina 0 Gilmer 0

buckeyebob
12-05-2015, 01:51 AM

Just admit it...the Beast from the East...now what?

bearbear78
12-05-2015, 01:56 AM
Picking Celina in this one. 42-28

orange machine
12-05-2015, 01:59 AM
Just admit it...the Beast from the East...now what?

Beast not so much anymore. Last year sure this year mmm don't think so lol.

lostaussie
12-05-2015, 08:30 AM
Picking Celina in this one. 42-28Be stunned if this happens. Atlanta was a great team and we should have shut them out. Pick 6 and 8 yard drive off an int. Now if QB throws them 3 pick six's we are doomed. This game could be very low scoring. History says they struggle with our scheme and athletes.

Dawgs
12-05-2015, 09:13 AM
I would never pick against the Bucks unless they were playing the Dawgs. But this is going to be a tough game for both teams. #bEast Texas

lostaussie
12-05-2015, 09:29 AM
The game is not played on history but I kinda like THSF history.
History says.......Bucks have never lost a semi-final.
History says.......Bucks have never lost to a region 1 team.
History says.......Bucks have never lost to Celina. 2-0 with 112 pf and 36 pa.
I like history:D

Celina8
12-05-2015, 09:35 AM
Gilmer in my view is the favorite! They are the defending State Champs with a 30 game winning streak and they have beaten the Bobcats in all games they have played by more than four td's in each game! Can this Bobcat team rise up to this challenge and pull the upset. I don't know but I hope they can!

bobcat1
12-05-2015, 09:39 AM

Time for a rewrite. Remember, never say never. :wave:

After the Mesquite Game

History says.......Bucks have lost a semi-final.
History says.......Bucks have lost to a region 1 team.
History says.......Bucks have lost to Celina.

There now. That's better.:2thumbsup

Aesculus gilmus
12-05-2015, 09:39 AM
Gilmer is not the favorite. Maxpreps and other ratings services have you ranked above us. This has been true for most, if not all, of the 2015 season.

Of course, these services also had Sweetwater ranked above us for a while, so there's that.

When Celina beat Argyle by 10 points, it became the favorite to win it all this year, IMO.

RPF2666
12-05-2015, 09:44 AM
Gilmer is not the favorite. Maxpreps and other ratings services have you ranked above us. This has been true for most, if not all, of the 2015 season.

Of course, these services also had Sweetwater ranked above us for a while, so there's that.

When Celina beat Argyle by 10 points, it became the favorite to win it all this year, IMO.

Rankings, Shmankings.... The defending State Champ is the favorite until someone beats them!

Just like last year, the Celina buses will run on Friday night!

Hoping for a different outcome!

lostaussie
12-05-2015, 10:13 AM
Rankings, Shmankings.... The defending State Champ is the favorite until someone beats them!

Just like last year, the Celina buses will run on Friday night!

Hoping for a different outcome!

Agree. Rankings mean nothing at this point. This shaping up as a barnburner. Gonna be a long week.

Sweetwater Red
12-05-2015, 10:35 AM

Ha! Your team is playing in the state semifinals and this is where your mind is at? Nice!

hollywood
12-05-2015, 11:31 AM
One of the best match ups in the state!!

Bobcats by 10

hollywood
12-05-2015, 11:32 AM
Have some of the ole orange and white faithful broke out their 10 year old fan gear yet? Probably have moth holes in them since its been a while. ;)

Aesculus gilmus
12-05-2015, 11:57 AM
Ha! Your team is playing in the state semifinals and this is where your mind is at? Nice!

The Buckeyes will have to play a turnover-free game to win this game or, at least, if they do turn it over (as normally happens several times a game) will also have to force an equal number of turnovers by the Bobcats.

Gilmer's Black Flag Defense has carried this team in most games. And the truism is that "defense wins championships," so there's that.

bobcat1
12-05-2015, 03:58 PM
Have some of the ole orange and white faithful broke out their 10 year old fan gear yet? Probably have moth holes in them since its been a while. ;)As long as it is fresher than Brownwood's Brogans cleats and leather helmets it will be fine.

bobcat1
12-05-2015, 03:59 PM
The Buckeyes will have to play a turnover-free game to win this game or, at least, if they do turn it over (as normally happens several times a game) will also have to force an equal number of turnovers by the Bobcats.

Gilmer's Black Flag Defense has carried this team in most games. And the truism is that "defense wins championships," so there's that.Wonder if Penetrations still count?:wave: This could be a defensive battle and come down to the kicking game.

buckeyebob
12-05-2015, 05:14 PM

Well said

toddg
12-05-2015, 05:47 PM
Rat tat tat D in this game?

d0tc0m
12-05-2015, 06:49 PM

Lol, to hear the well-educated folks on Smoaky tell it, Gilmer and Celina have a century's worth of games played between the two, and Gilmer is 100-0.

Truth be told, 2003 was one of Celina's weakest teams in the past 20 years. And last year, well, Celina had a pretty decent squad. But, the Buckeyes were otherworldly and had a once-in-a-lifetime team. So, yes, that history is flashy - and I'd certainly rather be on Gilmer's side of it - but, as they say in baseball, it's a small sample size.

lostaussie
12-05-2015, 06:53 PM
True. Mostly my point was Celina hasn't matched up well with us in the past. This year could certainly be different. And for what's its worth.......Celina is a Region 1 team that is out of place.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

d0tc0m
12-05-2015, 06:59 PM
True. Mostly my point was Celina hasn't matched up well with us in the past. This year could certainly be different. And for what's its worth.......Celina is a Region 1 team that is out of place.

Oh, absolutely, and you wouldn't be wrong in saying we haven't matched up well with you guys. There's a lot of variables in that, but in the previous two matchups, it boiled down to simply not being talented enough to compete, seriously, with the Buckeyes.

I think this year's team has the talent that last year's team and the 2003 team lacked.

I'll give some more of my analysis of this game - for whatever it's worth - whenever I get home and get to my computer late tonight or tomorrow.

lostaussie
12-05-2015, 07:01 PM
You do some fine analysis. Usually spot on. You gonna make it down for the game?

Twirling Time
12-05-2015, 07:08 PM
Celina's history is built upon getting past teams they previously couldn't beat. They couldn't beat Pilot Point for years, with or without GA on either side, and now PP won't play them anymore. They got knocked out twice in a row by Italy in the 1990s and finally found a way to beat them. They lost to Crawford in 2004 and avenged that loss the next year on the way to their last 2A championship. Liberty Hill and Lovejoy are a couple more recent examples. Gilmer is no different.

d0tc0m
12-05-2015, 07:22 PM
You do some fine analysis. Usually spot on. You gonna make it down for the game?

Thanks, Aussie. I'm trying to work some magic to get down to Mesquite next week. I imagine it'll be a packed house there at Memorial!

lostaussie
12-05-2015, 07:24 PM
Memorial got plenty room. The upgrades are nice. And it's good to go to a concession stand that someone actually wants to help you.

lostaussie
12-05-2015, 07:26 PM
We may get our arse kicked.......but I love Memorial Stadium. We played there 4 games in a row when I was a senior in 81.

d0tc0m
12-05-2015, 07:29 PM
We may get our arse kicked.......but I love Memorial Stadium. We played there 4 games in a row when I was a senior in 81.

I'll say this, as a preamble to my thoughts on the game, after watching a ton of film: If it's a blowout arse-kicking, it'll be Gilmer on the right side of it. Celina has plenty in the tank to win this game, but they won't blowout the Buckeyes.

poisoned10
12-06-2015, 04:11 PM
Almost a full 24 hours and nothing has been said . . .

lostaussie
12-06-2015, 04:19 PM
Almost a full 24 hours and nothing has been said . . .

Waiting on them Bobblecats to fire the first volley:D

There out there boys.......lots of them

Celina8
12-06-2015, 04:26 PM
What bothers me about playing Gilmer is no matter who the other opponent is are how much talent they might have when that time ticks down to zero at the end of the 4th Quarter you look up and Gilmer always has more points than the other team. I think Gilmers offense is plenty good heck they beat LE first game of the year by scoring 50 points on them and I am sure they are better now than they were then. I don't see any weaknesses on their team and Celina will have to play an almost perfect game to come home with a victory. Good luck Bobcats !!!

d0tc0m
12-06-2015, 04:35 PM
What bothers me about playing Gilmer is no matter who the other opponent is are how much talent they might have when that time ticks down to zero at the end of the 4th Quarter you look up and Gilmer always has more points than the other team. I think Gilmers offense is plenty good heck they beat LE first game of the year by scoring 50 points on them and I am sure they are better now than they were then. I don't see any weaknesses on their team and Celina will have to play an almost perfect game to come home with a victory. Good luck Bobcats !!!

As I've watched a ton of Gilmer film, I thought about all the times this year when I've read negative things about these Buckeyes, how they're not very good, how the offense is ineffective, etc., I couldn't help but remember the great line from The Usual Suspects: "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

These Buckeyes are not the 2014 Buckeyes, no doubt. But don't be fooled, they are very, very talented.

lostaussie
12-06-2015, 04:41 PM
As I've watched a ton of Gilmer film, I thought about all the times this year when I've read negative things about these Buckeyes, how they're not very good, how the offense is ineffective, etc., I couldn't help but remember the great line from The Usual Suspects: "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

These Buckeyes are not the 2014 Buckeyes, no doubt. But don't be fooled, they are very, very talented.

I like our chances. I would not have said that midway thru the year. Heck, I wouldn't have said it after the PG game. That might have been when the sleeping giant woke up.

poisoned10
12-06-2015, 05:05 PM
I like our chances. I would not have said that midway thru the year. Heck, I wouldn't have said it after the PG game. That might have been when the sleeping giant woke up.

It's games like that Pleasant Grove game that can slingshot a team to the championship. Gilmer has had a game like that every year we've won it all.

lostaussie
12-06-2015, 05:12 PM
It has played out just like I thought so far. I knew we weren't as good as last year........but I kept looking at the region and asking myself, who is out there that can beat us. That question has now been answered.

Problem was, when Celina beat Argyle the way they did, my head spun around about three times. This round is going to be tough and we would be fools to think anything else.

d0tc0m
12-06-2015, 07:31 PM
It has played out just like I thought so far. I knew we weren't as good as last year........but I kept looking at the region and asking myself, who is out there that can beat us. That question has now been answered.

Problem was, when Celina beat Argyle the way they did, my head spun around about three times. This round is going to be tough and we would be fools to think anything else.

Gilmer's staff is too good to take this matchup lightly, no matter how bad the score was last year. But when Celina beat Argyle in the manner in which they did, I believe something clicked with these Bobcats. You can talk all you want about it being early in the season, and that's true, but I think it had long-lasting effects on this team. They remembered they can and should compete with and beat the elite teams in the state, because that's what Celina has always done. And they remembered the Orange and White used to be elite. And it didn't lead to complacency, it led to hunger. These Bobcats are as hungry as they've ever been, only now they have the mindset that they're good enough - if they stay focused and continue to work hard - to enjoy a nice December feast at NRG. Gilmer is just the next team in the buffet line the Bobcats are trying to push out of the way.

Tejastrue
12-06-2015, 09:49 PM
Gilmer's staff is too good to take this matchup lightly, no matter how bad the score was last year. But when Celina beat Argyle in the manner in which they did, I believe something clicked with these Bobcats. You can talk all you want about it being early in the season, and that's true, but I think it had long-lasting effects on this team. They remembered they can and should compete with and beat the elite teams in the state, because that's what Celina has always done. And they remembered the Orange and White used to be elite. And it didn't lead to complacency, it led to hunger. These Bobcats are as hungry as they've ever been, only now they have the mindset that they're good enough - if they stay focused and continue to work hard - to enjoy a nice December feast at NRG. Gilmer is just the next team in the buffet line the Bobcats are trying to push out of the way.

Wow..I like the way you think...

orange machine
12-06-2015, 11:46 PM
I know one thing the friday night app is absolutely ridiculous with kids acting like morons.

lostaussie
12-07-2015, 06:26 AM
I know one thing the friday night app is absolutely ridiculous with kids acting like morons.

You are so right!!!!

WOS1
12-07-2015, 08:50 AM

I would say this is the same mindset that any team left, has... I know WOS hungers for another shot at Gilmer, but we'll take a nice morsel of Bobcat, too. (if we are fortunate enough to get by Cuero).

WOS1
12-07-2015, 08:55 AM
My gut tells me that, Gilmer's senior leadership will be the difference in this one. Don't discount the affect of a strong force and character like Boyd and the affect he has on his teammates. He's the type of kid who'll pick his team up and put them on his shoulders and carry them across the finish line. He's been here before. He's beaten Celina (badly). That is, IMO, going to be the difference in this one.

Red&White_9x5
12-07-2015, 09:25 AM
Gilmer by 14. More speed than Celina has seen all year

d0tc0m
12-07-2015, 09:58 AM
Gilmer by 14. More speed than Celina has seen all year

More overall team speed? Yeah, probably. Gilmer won't have anyone as fast as Argyle's Estrada, though.

lostaussie
12-07-2015, 10:06 AM
More overall team speed? Yeah, probably. Gilmer won't have anyone as fast as Argyle's Estrada, though.

Exactly. We are small and slew-footed.

d0tc0m
12-07-2015, 10:11 AM
Exactly. We are small and slew-footed.

:tisk:

waterboy
12-07-2015, 10:31 AM
Yep, Gilmer is small and slow this season, but we make it up by being smart and opportunistic... :D

I honestly don't know what to expect this week. This game could be one of those lower scoring games, a medium scoring game, or it could be a high scoring game. Either way, I think Gilmer gets at least one more point than Celina. This Buckeye team just knows how to win despite themselves.

Gilmer and Celina only have one common opponent, Melissa, in back-to-back weeks early in the season. Both teams blew Melissa out, Celina 53-13, Gilmer 60-0. Both teams have most definitely improved since then, so that wouldn't hold up as a way to gauge the teams. Point differentials never are a good gauge, especially in blowout wins.

I would really like to see the Buckeyes play a complete, mistake-free game. If they ever do that, I really don't think there's a team in 4A this year that could beat them. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. The problem is we haven't seen that game yet all season. I'm pretty sure there's other teams that think the same thing, though.

I'm excited about the opportunity to face Celina again. A few weeks ago, most of us would've said it probably wouldn't happen, yet here we are.

RPF2666
12-07-2015, 11:24 AM
Yep, Gilmer is small and slow this season, but we make it up by being smart and opportunistic... :D

I honestly don't know what to expect this week. This game could be one of those lower scoring games, a medium scoring game, or it could be a high scoring game. Either way, I think Gilmer gets at least one more point than Celina. This Buckeye team just knows how to win despite themselves.

Gilmer and Celina only have one common opponent, Melissa, in back-to-back weeks early in the season. Both teams blew Melissa out, Celina 53-13, Gilmer 60-0. Both teams have most definitely improved since then, so that wouldn't hold up as a way to gauge the teams. Point differentials never are a good gauge, especially in blowout wins.

I would really like to see the Buckeyes play a complete, mistake-free game. If they ever do that, I really don't think there's a team in 4A this year that could beat them. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. The problem is we haven't seen that game yet all season. I'm pretty sure there's other teams that think the same thing, though.

I'm excited about the opportunity to face Celina again. A few weeks ago, most of us would've said it probably wouldn't happen, yet here we are.

Celina softened up Melissa for Gilmer!!! Definitely not a good way to gauge the two!!!:redX:

movethechain
12-07-2015, 11:52 AM

Gilmer is very slow this year. Stuck in mud and slow of foot. I'm sure our players will still try and make a game of it though.

d0tc0m
12-07-2015, 11:59 AM
Gilmer is very slow this year. Stuck in mud and slow of foot. I'm sure our players will still try and make a game of it though.

Sweet.

movethechain
12-07-2015, 12:03 PM

HOWEVER, slow and steady has allowed us to keep chugging along and scratch out wins.

waterboy
12-07-2015, 12:08 PM
Celina softened up Melissa for Gilmer!!! Definitely not a good way to gauge the two!!!:redX:

Thanks for doing that for us! The crazy thing about that game is that their band bus never made it to the game. They got caught up in traffic or something. Never really heard for sure what happened. I think there was a fan bus, too. There probably wasn't more than 50 or 60 fans at the game for Melissa. Talk about strange!

Gilmer literally stuffed them, though, as I don't think they got to 100 yards of total offense until late in the 4th. Two first downs in the first half, with one of those on a penalty, if I remember correctly.

d0tc0m
12-07-2015, 12:22 PM
Thanks for doing that for us! The crazy thing about that game is that their band bus never made it to the game. They got caught up in traffic or something. Never really heard for sure what happened. I think there was a fan bus, too. There probably wasn't more than 50 or 60 fans at the game for Melissa. Talk about strange!

Gilmer literally stuffed them, though, as I don't think they got to 100 yards of total offense until late in the 4th. Two first downs in the first half, with one of those on a penalty, if I remember correctly.

Yeah, poor Melissa was just not very good this year.

Aesculus gilmus
12-07-2015, 12:26 PM

I watched the second half of the Argyle-LE game on NFHSNetwork.com live the other night and then went back and watched the rest of it yesterday.

It's not just Estrada. There were several plays I saw during which Argyle players ran down LE players in space almost as if the latter were standing still.

d0tc0m
12-07-2015, 12:32 PM
I watched the second half of the Argyle-LE game on NFHSNetwork.com live the other night and then went back and watched the rest of it yesterday.

It's not just Estrada. There were several plays I saw during which Argyle players ran down LE players in space almost as if the latter were standing still.

Argyle has serious speed, no question. Estrada is the fastest, in my opinion, but McCook can run really well, as can Sweatt, as can Ian Sadler's (TTech) little brother - can't remember his first name. LE has some burners, for sure, too.

Gilmer's speed is not gonna surprise Celina. And what I mean by that is, the Bobcats know the Buckeyes are gonna be fast and athletic. Celina has some quickness, too. It'll just come down to being able to execute against Gilmer's speed/athleticism.

lostaussie
12-07-2015, 01:00 PM
Well if it comes down to who has the best hot links the Buckeyes will roll for sure. I'm already taking orders from our friends from the northwest:D

RPF2666
12-07-2015, 01:05 PM
Well if it comes down to who has the best hot links the Buckeyes will roll for sure. I'm already taking orders from our friends from the northwest:D

Pregame samples????

d0tc0m
12-07-2015, 01:12 PM

Ship some to Springfield, MO?

lostaussie
12-07-2015, 01:17 PM
Pregame samples????

I don't know what he is gonna do with them. Probably be greedy:D

d0tc0m
12-07-2015, 01:22 PM

Hey speaking of this ... Does anyone know if this week's game will be available to watch on the NFHSNetwork.com? It's looking less and less likely that I'll be able to make the trek down south for this game, but I'd love to be able to watch it, if at all possible.

lostaussie
12-07-2015, 01:33 PM
What is NFHSnetwork? Do they show live games?

d0tc0m
12-07-2015, 03:08 PM
What is NFHSnetwork? Do they show live games?

Yes, to my knowledge, they show some live games. It is subscription based, but I know you can buy something as small as a one-day pass for $10. That said, I don't know a ton about it yet, and I'm not sure how it works, what the quality is, what feed they use, which commentators they use, or anything like that.

briandumith*
12-07-2015, 03:40 PM
I have been so impressed with both of these teams all year long. Gilmer has the ability to never die and to continue to play every second until they get the win. Celina is a beast. They have a very impressive line offensively and defensively. Both of these teams are superb. Tough one to call good luck I'll be listening. Or watching if it's on TV somewhere.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

waterboy
12-07-2015, 03:50 PM
Doesn't FSSW have look-ins on games carried by the NFHSnetwork? I've wondered who carried those games if we can have live look-ins. I didn't think the UIL allowed games to be broadcast live.

chaingang
12-07-2015, 03:57 PM
Doesn't FSSW have look-ins on games carried by the NFHSnetwork? I've wondered who carried those games if we can have live look-ins. I didn't think the UIL allowed games to be broadcast live.

Our last 2 games were broadcast Live. I think the UIL states that every team in the district has to have a broadcast if the others do. But in the playoffs, no such thing.

d0tc0m
12-07-2015, 04:30 PM
Ok, so I'm sure I'll have a ton more to say about this game as the week goes on, but after watching a lot of Gilmer film — essentially every game from this season, except the district matchups — here are my thoughts on this matchup, from an Orange-and-White-slanted perspective:

When I look at how this game could shake out, I see it going one of three ways: 1) Celina wins a close one. 2) Gilmer wins a close one. 3) Gilmer wins big. I don't think the Bobcats will blowout the Buckeyes, and that is simply because Gilmer's defense is dreadfully good. I mean, exceptionally great. They've given up 267 points (19 per game) this season, but don't let that inflated number fool you. This Black Flag unit is for real. They are mean, fast, aggressive and play to the whistle. This defense has forced 35 turnovers this season. Yes, 35! That's why the Buckeyes are 14-0, in my opinion.

Everyone talks about DeMarco Boyd, and rightfully so. But to me, as I watched film, the person I see as perhaps the biggest key to that Black Flag unit is Tristain Olivares. The kid is a beast at DE. He is outrageously quick off the ball, strong as a bull and practically spends every snap in the backfield making plays. You'll struggle to find a DE that sets the edge as well as this kid does. He is tremendous in both run stopping and pressuring the quarterback, and when he's not in on the play, he's likely filtering the ball carrier right to Boyd. Somehow, beyond all reason, Atlanta left him unblocked an ungodly amount of times in last week's matchup. Olivares is just one cog in Gilmer's front 7, however, that will be the best Celina has faced this season.

The secondary looked suspect to me, earlier in the year. But as the season has progressed, the Buckeyes secondary has improved a ton. If you watch the Atlanta, Mexia and Center films, you'll see some blanket 1-on-1 coverages that will really impress you.

So now, then, what is the key for Celina, offensively? To me, the impetus for the Bobcats this week will be on the offensive line, period. This game will be won or lost for Celina by that offensive line. The Bobcats are big, strong and athletic on that front, and they'll need to be this week. Celina will HAVE to buy time for QB Pingleton to make his reads and deliver accurate passes to a very talented receiving corps, which is led by a 1,000-yard receiver Braydon Watson. He'll give the Buckeyes' secondary fits. He won't blow them away with his speed, but he runs very, very good routes and has great hands. Celina will also need to utilize their giant TE Nebeker this week. He will pose a matchup problem for Gilmer, simply because of his size. Again, won't blow the Buckeyes away with speed, but he has a tendency to pull down some ridiculous catches, especially in traffic. He's a big target for Pingleton, as well. Pingleton, I think, will be one of the best QB's Gilmer will have faced this season (or at least in the playoffs). Tell me all about LE's Freeman and/or Carthage's Blissett, and I certainly won't argue with you. But Pingleton is for real, and he may be a better passer than Freeman. He's thrown for well over 3,000 yards and has 43 TDs and just 6 INTs. He's also run for over 700 yards and 9 more TDs. The key for him this week is not making mistakes when he is under pressure, and I believe he will be under pressure at least a few times every drive. He's got to know when to force the issue, and when to simply throw the ball away and live to see another snap. He's a super smar kid, though. He's cerebral about the game, and he hasn't been very mistake prone this season, even when he was under pressure.

Getting back to things, though, this will be the toughest test Pingleton and the offense has faced this season. Gilmer's defense flies to the ball, and they close very quickly. Those reads that looked wide open every other week of the season can turn into INTs or pick-6's this week, if Pingleton isn't careful. He's got to make his reads quickly, trust his arm and deliver the ball accurately. I look for the Bobcats to get some quick hits to those receivers, as well as strike with those mid-level routes. I think you'll see the occasional vertical threat, as those safeties creep in, but I don't think Celina will/should try to live and die by the deep ball. Those quick hits will also take a bit of pressure off the offensive line, as well as wear down that Gilmer defensive line as well. As we start to have some success through the air, I think we'll open up some running lanes for a very solid group of running backs.

RB Jarren Alexander is back, healthy and hungry to put together another big-game performance like the one he had against Argyle, when he ran for over 200 yards. If he can give us half of that, I think we'll be in business. This Gilmer defense is really tough to run on, mainly because they set the edge so well. Alexander will have to use his speed to get to the edge, and use his strength to shed a tackle or two and run between the tackles. He's good enough to do both, as long as the offensive line gives him some opportunities. Celina will run out of several packages, and has Alexander, a speedy John Franklin, and big ol' Shane Gerths, who is part of the Bobcats' heavy package. Back to Alexander, though, if the offensive line is able to get a push for him and allow him to get to that second level, Gilmer's secondary will have a hard time with him. He's hard to bring down. He doesn't avoid contact, either, and he has an absolutely vicious stiff arm.

Celina's offense has been very balanced this season, averaging nearly 500 yards per game, almost split down the middle between rushing and passing. If they can stay balanced, keep the chains moving and not turn the ball over, they'll find the end zone. But I think two or three turnovers will be too many to overcome, in all honesty. Celina has to take care of the football, no questions asked.

Defensively, for Celina, the key is simple to me. The Bobcats have to make Spears be THE GUY. What I mean by that is, Celina can't allow Gilmer to live in short-yardage situations where Spears can just hand the ball off to Collier or Boyd. The Bobcats have to get the Buckeyes in those uncomfortable third-and-seven, third-and-eight type situations where Spears is going to have to throw the ball. I'm sure he is a great kid, and he's done a great job getting Gilmer to 14-0 this season. But if there is a liability on this Gilmer team, especially offensively, it's the QB position. Celina has a really good defensive line and two really quick defensive ends that have lived in the backfield this season. If they can continue that type of pressure this week, I like Celina's chances. When Spears has had to be the guy that needs to make a play, he's been mistake/interception prone, especially when he's under pressure. He's undersized, doesn't run particularly well, and doesn't have a canon of an arm. So if the Bobcats can get pressure on him with their defensive line, Spears is going to have a long, uncomfortable night. In saying that, the other key will be for Celina's secondary to remain very disciplined. Against Argyle, the Bobcats had relentless pressure on the Eagles' QB Ledford. They had him bottled up several times in the backfield, or running for his life, but he managed to stretch the play out a few times, and the DB's often came up for run support way too early, leaving some receivers (mainly Estrada) WIDE OPEN. The secondary will have to stay true to their coverages this week and trust that Celina's defensive line and linebackers can keep Spears contained. Again, when he's under pressure, unless he has a completely uncovered receiver, he has a tendency to make mistakes. If and when he does make those mistakes, though, the Bobcats HAVE to capitalize on them with points.

Stopping the run is a different animal, but it requires a similar discipline from the defensive line. Those DEs have to set the edge and not give up outside contain, allowing Collier or one of the speedy receivers to run wild on the outside. We have to bottle them up early, neutralize their speed and filter them into Gerths and the rest of the linebackers. We have to be able to tackle well in space this week as well. If Collier gets out into the open, he's likely not going to get caught from behind.

The other thing I noticed as I watched film is Celina has a very good chance to win this game if they keep Gilmer on the Buckeyes' side of the field for most of the game. I know that sounds obvious, and it's certainly easier said than done, but it still needs to be said. Boyd is one of Gilmer's biggest playmakers on both offense and defense. But, offensively, he's used sparingly, and it's usually not in long-yard situations, and really not much at all when the Buckeyes have the football on their own end of the field. But once they cross the 50-yard line, all of a sudden, Boyd's touches increase dramatically, and when he gets the ball, he imposes his will. He's tough to bring down. He's so vital to the defense, though, that it's easy to understand why he isn't getting 20-30 carries a game on offense, and why the Gilmer staff kind of picks and chooses when to use him. When Gilmer gets into red zone scenarios, it's almost a guarantee that Boyd will get four or five carries, and likely get into the end zone on one of them. But if you can keep the number of snaps the Buckeyes have on Celina's end of the field down, you can limit the number of times Boyd will touch the ball. That means you can key in more on getting pressure on Spears and slowing down Collier and those receivers.

The best way to accomplish all that is for Celina to win on first down more times than not. If they can sack Spears on first down, or get a tackle for a loss, or even just a short gain, they can increase the number of times Spears will have to put the ball in the air, and that will increase the chances this Celina defense has of coming away with a turnover. And when you get into obvious passing situations, it'll be time to bring the house at Spears and ensure we get ample pressure on him. Force him to throw it blindly, which he has done several times this season.

Like I said, I'm sure I will have plenty of more opinions on this game as the week goes on, and this long-winded post was only about half of what I really had/wanted to say. But again, I think this Gilmer team is very, very talented. However, I think Celina is very talented as well, and matches up well with the Buckeyes, especially at certain positions. The team that makes the least amount of mistakes will win this one.

Give me the Bobcats by 2.

d0tc0m
12-07-2015, 04:43 PM
A few more things I wanted to say:

1) I gave Spears a hard time in my last post, but I was speaking more to how I thought Celina should attack/gameplan him and his abilities. I have to give this kid a ton of credit, because despite the countless amount of noise he's had to endure this year about how he's not that great, how Gilmer has won in spite of him and all that garbage, he's still managed to lead this team to a 14-0 semifinal appearance. And he's still the signal caller of an offense that is scoring 41 points per game. I don't know him, but I've read some good things about the kid's character. So tip of the cap to that young man, regardless of what happens Friday.

2) I didn't give much credit to the receivers, but this Gilmer receiving corps is pretty dang good. They're like every Gilmer team we've come to expect over the past decade and a half. They run really, really good timing routes and are disciplined downfield blockers.

3) I'm far more impressed by this Gilmer team than I was with the 2014 Buckeyes. Obviously, last year's team had otherworldly talent. But because of that, I almost expected them to win every game by 50 points or more. They simply lived up to what they were supposed to be. They were impressive from a talent standpoint, don't get me wrong. But this year's team has impressed me because they just refuse to lose. As I watched film, even knowing the outcome to every game, I found myself thinking, 'They're not getting up off the mat this time.' But then the Black Flag defense would make a play, force a turnover, and the offense, which had been inept, would march the length of the field and put the game away. This team just has that mentality that they won't be stopped. It doesn't matter what the score is, they always think they're in the game, and that's scary for the opposition. And it's been that personality that has me impressed with these Buckeyes.

lostaussie
12-07-2015, 05:47 PM
SO........You're saying there's a chance:D

bobcat1
12-07-2015, 05:54 PM
I don't know what he is gonna do with them. Probably be greedy:D
Why yes..... yes I am.:wave:

lostaussie
12-07-2015, 06:11 PM
You want them raw or cooked?

bobcat1
12-07-2015, 07:31 PM
You want them raw or cooked?

Cooked like your crow. :wave:

lostaussie
12-07-2015, 08:10 PM

I haven't said anything to eat crow YET. But as Jim Brown once said..........that's gonna cost you 35 yards:D

lostaussie
12-07-2015, 08:11 PM

BTW, how many can yo fat arse eat:thinking:

:D

bobcat1
12-08-2015, 07:33 AM
BTW, how many can yo fat arse eat:thinking:

:DThe same as your fat arse Tiny.

lostaussie
12-08-2015, 08:02 AM
The same as your fat arse Tiny.

A bunch then:D where should I make this delivery. Y'all gonna be having a party with some banana pudding??

Gsquared
12-08-2015, 08:10 AM
C.a.n n.o.t w.a.i.t t.o s.e.e t.h.i.s g.a.m.e

lostaussie
12-08-2015, 09:05 AM
S.i.t.o.n.c.e.l.i.n.a.s.i.d.e

Gsquared
12-08-2015, 09:08 AM
S.i.t.o.n.c.e.l.i.n.a.s.i.d.e

You don't want the Bux to have that extra edge of my positive power on their side?

lostaussie
12-08-2015, 09:09 AM
Y'all doing a show this week?

Gsquared
12-08-2015, 09:17 AM
Y'all doing a show this week?

Yeah, tomorrow night. Kicker is, we might do the show live. If that's the case, tune in for train wreck hour!

lostaussie
12-08-2015, 09:20 AM
Just let us know how to get it. I might do a call in and let the Bobblecats know how bad its gonna be!!!! :D

Gsquared
12-08-2015, 09:21 AM
Just let us know how to get it. I might do a call in and let the Bobblecats know how bad its gonna be!!!! :D

Hahaha, roger that!

lostaussie
12-08-2015, 01:06 PM
All quiet in Celina town.......Coach put a muzzle on y'all this week:D

d0tc0m
12-08-2015, 01:12 PM
All quiet in Celina town.......Coach put a muzzle on y'all this week:D

Nobody puts d0tc0m in a corner.

lostaussie
12-08-2015, 01:14 PM
:thumbsup:

d0tc0m
12-08-2015, 01:22 PM

I've honestly gone so back-and-forth on this game. When I first started to think about the matchup, I honestly leaned towards a big Gilmer win, by three scores. Then, as I watched some more film of both Gilmer and Celina, I started to think, Gilmer will win in a close one. Then as I watched a little more and looked at some of the matchups, I thought, Celina can really keep this thing close, and with a few breaks, might be able to squeak out a win. Then I started to think, Celina actually matches up really well with the Buckeyes, they could actually pose some problems for Gilmer and might be able to control this game. Now, as I've looked at a bit more film and pondered some of those matchups, I think if Celina can come out and strike early, get a stop or a turnover on defense and get another quick score, they gain some confidence early and can control the pace of the game, put Gilmer in a position it doesn't want to be in, force Spears to make a lot of plays himself on offense, put the defense on its heels and come away with a big win, not a blowout win, but a comfortable win.

Then I settle back into thinking it's going to come down to whoever has the ball last, or whoever can make one big clutch play - either on offense or defense - in the final five minutes of the game.

d0tc0m
12-08-2015, 01:25 PM
I've honestly gone so back-and-forth on this game. When I first started to think about the matchup, I honestly leaned towards a big Gilmer win, by three scores. Then, as I watched some more film of both Gilmer and Celina, I started to think, Gilmer will win in a close one. Then as I watched a little more and looked at some of the matchups, I thought, Celina can really keep this thing close, and with a few breaks, might be able to squeak out a win. Then I started to think, Celina actually matches up really well with the Buckeyes, they could actually pose some problems for Gilmer and might be able to control this game. Now, as I've looked at a bit more film and pondered some of those matchups, I think if Celina can come out and strike early, get a stop or a turnover on defense and get another quick score, they gain some confidence early and can control the pace of the game, put Gilmer in a position it doesn't want to be in, force Spears to make a lot of plays himself on offense, put the defense on its heels and come away with a big win, not a blowout win, but a comfortable win.

Then I settle back into thinking it's going to come down to whoever has the ball last, or whoever can make one big clutch play - either on offense or defense - in the final five minutes of the game.

And if it's Celina with the chance to put Gilmer away late, they better take advantage of the opportunity and cut the head off the bEAST while they can, because you don't get many chances to kill the Buckeyes, and those suckers die extremely hard.

lostaussie
12-08-2015, 01:27 PM
I just plain think Gilmer is gonna win. It's just what we do...........and if we don't, I can live with that too.

d0tc0m
12-08-2015, 01:31 PM
Why is it only Tuesday afternoon ...? Friday seems infinitely far away.

orange machine
12-08-2015, 02:09 PM
I don't know why why but I got a feeling this is gonna be Liberty Hill 2008 all over again. Libety Hill beat Celina in the 2006 title game then Celina comes back and crushes an even better Liberty Hill team in 2008 40 to 12 in the semis. This defense is seriously probably better than the 08 defense, its definitely faster and bigger. If Celina can control the line of scrimmage just 75% of the time Celina can win this game and win pretty convincingly. I like you dotcom I have watched Gilmer over and over again and the thing that sticks out to me is controlling line of scrimmage. Honestly nothing else just really wows me or blows me away. Having said that they have to control that line which is a difficult task.

d0tc0m
12-08-2015, 02:38 PM
I don't know why why but I got a feeling this is gonna be Liberty Hill 2008 all over again. Libety Hill beat Celina in the 2006 title game then Celina comes back and crushes an even better Liberty Hill team in 2008 40 to 12 in the semis. This defense is seriously probably better than the 08 defense, its definitely faster and bigger. If Celina can control the line of scrimmage just 75% of the time Celina can win this game and win pretty convincingly. I like you dotcom I have watched Gilmer over and over again and the thing that sticks out to me is controlling line of scrimmage. Honestly nothing else just really wows me or blows me away. Having said that they have to control that line which is a difficult task.

That came to my mind as well. Only, this team reminds me much more of the 2007 Celina team. Those Bobcats just played angry and with a chip on their shoulder all year long. Most teams didn't keep it that close, except for China Spring in the title game.

I'd say this year's defense is much better than the 2008 defense, not to mention, they're drastically improved over last year's porous defense. But you're right, and like I said earlier in this thread, if you're gonna beat Gilmer, you better have a dang good offensive line, because the Buckeyes front 7 is no joke.

If you can control that line of scrimmage - which will be no easy task, and I assume the Buckeyes will get a few sacks - and wreak some havoc with your defensive line, you've got a chance. So far, though, 14 teams have tried and failed at doing those things for four full quarters.

lostaussie
12-08-2015, 02:49 PM

I was at that game sitting with P4S. That was certainly a beatdown. If I'm not mistaken........ That was the first time in about 6 or 7 times of watching.........that I actually saw the Bobcats win:D

You guys are like 1-8 when I'm in attendance. But the string was broken that night. Started a new one last year

d0tc0m
12-08-2015, 03:11 PM
I was at that game sitting with P4S. That was certainly a beatdown. If I'm not mistaken........ That was the first time in about 6 or 7 times of watching.........that I actually saw the Bobcats win:D

You guys are like 1-8 when I'm in attendance. But the string was broken that night. Started a new one last year

1-8? Which Celina games have you been to? Must've been in the 2009-present time frame.

waterboy
12-08-2015, 03:20 PM
I'm like d0tc0m in that I have been back and forth on this one. I had the same feelings last year, though. I know this Buckeye team is different from last year, and so is Celina. One thing is, though, I will never doubt the heart of this bunch of Buckeyes. They are not flashy, they won't blind you with speed, they make mistakes regularly, but the one constant is when the chips are down they know how to win. Our offense in no way resembles last year's offense, but good grief, that offense put up 950 points last season. The DEFENSE, however, has played much better. Will they be able to keep us in the game against a potent Celina offense? Will the offense cut down on mistakes, and score enough points? Those are things that are unknown. I'm thinking Gilmer pulls out the win, somehow, some way. That's just what they do. If I'm wrong, I'm good with it.

lostaussie
12-08-2015, 03:39 PM
Several Daingerfield games. Twice with Gilmer and I think maybe Whitehouse a few years back. Hell I can't remember all of them...... I'm getting old.

chaingang
12-08-2015, 03:40 PM
Gilmore Girls take this 45-38

d0tc0m
12-08-2015, 03:48 PM
Several Daingerfield games. Twice with Gilmer and I think maybe Whitehouse a few years back. Hell I can't remember all of them...... I'm getting old.

Daingerfield .... ugggghhhhh

RPF2666
12-08-2015, 03:50 PM
Gilmore Girls take this 45-38

I don't think you will see that many points scored in this game...

lostaussie
12-08-2015, 03:51 PM
Daingerfield .... ugggghhhhh

I'm I right about the Whitehouse game. I remember you guys coming to Whitehouse and I sat on Celina side. Pretty sure y'all lost that in a barnburner.

d0tc0m
12-08-2015, 03:53 PM
I'm like d0tc0m in that I have been back and forth on this one. I had the same feelings last year, though. I know this Buckeye team is different from last year, and so is Celina. One thing is, though, I will never doubt the heart of this bunch of Buckeyes. They are not flashy, they won't blind you with speed, they make mistakes regularly, but the one constant is when the chips are down they know how to win. Our offense in no way resembles last year's offense, but good grief, that offense put up 950 points last season. The DEFENSE, however, has played much better. Will they be able to keep us in the game against a potent Celina offense? Will the offense cut down on mistakes, and score enough points? Those are things that are unknown. I'm thinking Gilmer pulls out the win, somehow, some way. That's just what they do. If I'm wrong, I'm good with it.

I think this is the general consensus on both sides. I feel like, no matter what happens, these two teams are so good that you'll just have to tip your cap to the winner, because there won't really be anything else to do.

As far as last year, though, I'm surprised you went back-and-forth at all lol. I don't think anyone in their right mind from Celina thought there was a chance in that game last season. It wasn't even a David and Goliath type of situation. It felt a lot more like Goliath and the rest of Philistines versus a much smaller, non-Davidian Shepherd Boy who didn't even have a slingshot and hadn't been anointed by God through Samuel.

This year does not have that same feeling to me, and these two teams look evenly matched when you watch the film.

lostaussie
12-08-2015, 03:55 PM
We were nervous....... Until the first 2 minutes were over:D

d0tc0m
12-08-2015, 03:56 PM
I'm I right about the Whitehouse game. I remember you guys coming to Whitehouse and I sat on Celina side. Pretty sure y'all lost that in a barnburner.

Yeah, that was 2008. Whitehouse had a pretty salty 4A team that year. If my memory serves correctly, I believe they won 23-22 or something in that vicinity. A very bad Bobcats team destroyed Whitehouse the following year.

waterboy
12-08-2015, 04:26 PM
I think this is the general consensus on both sides. I feel like, no matter what happens, these two teams are so good that you'll just have to tip your cap to the winner, because there won't really be anything else to do.

As far as last year, though, I'm surprised you went back-and-forth at all lol. I don't think anyone in their right mind from Celina thought there was a chance in that game last season. It wasn't even a David and Goliath type of situation. It felt a lot more like Goliath and the rest of Philistines versus a much smaller, non-Davidian Shepherd Boy who didn't even have a slingshot and hadn't been anointed by God through Samuel.

This year does not have that same feeling to me, and these two teams look evenly matched when you watch the film.

Haha... I'm glad you felt that way, 'cause I sure didn't. I felt like we would win, but I had no idea it would go the way it did. We had just been through a heart-stopper of a game against a very good Gladewater team the week before. I didn't know how much they had left in the tank, to be honest. If Gilmer would've lost to Gladewater last year, I have little doubt they would've won it all. WO-S fans probably wouldn't think so, but I do. That was last year, however.

This year, the jury is still out. It's just guess work as to what will happen in this year's matchup. We were the pretty clear favorite last season, but it seems Celina is the favorite this go round. We'll just have to see. It's gonna be a long week.

d0tc0m
12-08-2015, 04:48 PM
Haha... I'm glad you felt that way, 'cause I sure didn't. I felt like we would win, but I had no idea it would go the way it did. We had just been through a heart-stopper of a game against a very good Gladewater team the week before. I didn't know how much they had left in the tank, to be honest. If Gilmer would've lost to Gladewater last year, I have little doubt they would've won it all. WO-S fans probably wouldn't think so, but I do. That was last year, however.

This year, the jury is still out. It's just guess work as to what will happen in this year's matchup. We were the pretty clear favorite last season, but it seems Celina is the favorite this go round. We'll just have to see. It's gonna be a long week.

Funny, Gilmer folk seem to think Celina is the favorite. Bobcats seem to think the defending state champs with the 30-game winning streak are the favorites ... In reality, who but the Lord could know?

Dawgs
12-08-2015, 04:58 PM

The state championship was played at Lobo last season. WOS fans wouldn't admit that, but GW was the 2nd best team last year IMO.

I don't know what to think about this game. Buckeyes just know how to win. This team looks like it's on a mission. Celina has literally blown their competition out of the water this year. They finally got over the hump and beat a dang good Argyle team early in the season. This is the best game in 4a, either division, this week. My prediction is that it's lower scoring than most people think. I think the first team to 24 wins this game. I'm going to take the Bucks 24-22 in an instant classic.

Dawgs
12-08-2015, 05:04 PM

This! Both these teams have had a heck of a season. This is what TXHSFB playoffs is all about. 2 awesome teams with a ton of tradition. Both top notch programs.

regaleagle
12-08-2015, 08:01 PM
I truly believe that the winner of this game will have a very tough time with WOS this year. As you can see, I've already got them penciled in for the final. THIS is the game most are interested in seeing......or listening to. I would be totally surprised to see Cuero make it close against WOS. I have a strange feeling Celina will overpower this year's Gilmer team, but I will give Gilmer their due. I was amongst them last season at Jerryworld before the Argyle/Navasota game, so I'm not a Gilmer hater. I just think Celina has one heckuva team this season, and all the coaching in the world on the Gilmer sidelines will not negate what those Celina players are capable of doing, IMHO. Good luck to your boyz, Gilmer.....I think Celina will surprise the socks off of you this season. They just won't be argyle socks, hahaha.

bobcat1
12-08-2015, 08:06 PM
A bunch then:D where should I make this delivery. Y'all gonna be having a party with some banana pudding??That would only be fitting. G2 is coming so is the banana pudding pot pie. :wave:

WOS1
12-08-2015, 08:19 PM
Haha... I'm glad you felt that way, 'cause I sure didn't. I felt like we would win, but I had no idea it would go the way it did. We had just been through a heart-stopper of a game against a very good Gladewater team the week before. I didn't know how much they had left in the tank, to be honest. If Gilmer would've lost to Gladewater last year, I have little doubt they would've won it all. WO-S fans probably wouldn't think so, but I do.

You're right, we don't think so. Stopping the run is our forte'. Just because Gilmer couldn't stop them doesn't mean we wouldn't. That's what we do. Gilmer had the best team in their history and was lucky to get out with their hide.

WOS1
12-08-2015, 08:23 PM
The state championship was played at Lobo last season. WOS fans wouldn't admit that, but GW was the 2nd best team last year IMO.

There's nothing to admit... It would be a completely different match up... as astute a football analyst as some of you claim to be, you should know that. I sure am glad I wondered over here... I knew you kids would be making some faunky statements... ;)

Dawgs
12-08-2015, 08:27 PM
There's nothing to admit... It would be a completely different match up... as astute a football analyst as some of you claim to be, you should know that. I sure am glad I wondered over here... I knew you kids would be making some faunky statements... ;)

Faunky statements...ya prolly so. I'll make one with the best of them. Kids? Not so much. Main reason I post over here, cause not many kids. I can take a faunky statement from an old man a lot better than I can a kid! 😜😜 Ohh btw GW would have smoked WOS last year!

Ohh and thanks for calling me astute! Not sure what it means but sounds sophisticated!

WOS1
12-08-2015, 08:33 PM
Faunky statements...ya prolly so. I'll make one with the best of them. Kids? Not so much. Main reason I post over here, cause not many kids. I can take a faunky statement from an old man a lot better than I can a kid! ���� Ohh btw GW would have smoked WOS last year!

Ohh and thanks for calling me astute! Not sure what it means but sounds sophisticated!

Ha! Woulda, shoulda, coulda... again, just because Gilmer couldn't stop them don't mean we couldn't. You need to learn about how match ups work. I assumed you were a kid because you didn't know that, sorry.

Dawgs
12-08-2015, 08:59 PM
Ha! Woulda, shoulda, coulda... again, just because Gilmer couldn't stop them don't mean we couldn't. You need to learn about how match ups work. I assumed you were a kid because you didn't know that, sorry.

No problem. I been called much worse than a kid. I'm going to google matchups and see how those work. Do you think google would have anything to study?

lostaussie
12-08-2015, 09:03 PM
Finally got some business working.......between Carthage and WOS........go figure:D

d0tc0m
12-08-2015, 09:35 PM
Finally got some business working.......between Carthage and WOS........go figure:D

LoL. Keep it up, fellas, Friday is still a long way away.

Dawgs
12-08-2015, 09:37 PM

Hahaha...No, no, no. I was just agreeing with somebody from Gilmo! No business between Carthage and WOS. Not even in the same division. Besides we got scoreboard on'em. Back to the Bobcats and Buckeyes!

WOS1
12-08-2015, 09:57 PM
Besides we got scoreboard on'em.

Unfortunately, I can't (currently) dispute this.

d0tc0m
12-09-2015, 09:27 AM
And then it was Wednesday.

lostaussie
12-09-2015, 09:30 AM
It's so how we roll. This almost brought me too tears!!

http://www.gilmermirror.com/view/full_story/26992841/article-Open-Letter-To-The-2015-Gilmer-Buckeyes-From-Your--FAMILY

Celina8
12-09-2015, 09:41 AM
I am hoping that the Bobcats can pull the upset on Friday, but I think Gilmer again just has way to many weapons and that their offense will score quickly on Friday and we will be playing catch up for the entire game. I am hoping that I am wrong either way very proud of the Bobcats this year as these young men really are something special. Good Luck Bobcats.

d0tc0m
12-09-2015, 10:20 AM

http://www.gilmermirror.com/view/full_story/26992841/article-Open-Letter-To-The-2015-Gilmer-Buckeyes-From-Your--FAMILY

Not bad. Fun read for Buckeye folks, I'm sure. It's a little over-romanticized - actually, very over-romanticized - but fun for the kids. I think the author is under the impression that Gilmer has played Celina 10-15 times or something, though, when it's only been twice, with a decade's separation between the two meetings.

Also, longtime Bobcat faithful will get a kick out of the section about the 2003 team, and how the Buckeyes kept the orange and white from another predestined title. Probably the least talented Celina team in the past 20 years, in all honesty, and most around town knew it.

I still won't forget that Gilmer receiver - never can remember his name - burning our little defensive back over and over and over again on that little two-step slant route.

chaingang
12-09-2015, 10:37 AM
Wrong quote edited

chaingang
12-09-2015, 10:39 AM
Unfortunately, I can't (currently) dispute this.

Ooh, ooh, I can! 2015 Baseball!! Bam!! And that was like 3 wins right? 5 game series?? So the football win is null and void!

d0tc0m
12-09-2015, 10:44 AM

After all the garbage this year's Gilmer team has had to hear this season, though, this is really neat to see some fans take the time to pen this for the team. They are, after all, just kids playing a boy's game.

Come on Friday!

lostaussie
12-09-2015, 10:48 AM
Not bad. Fun read for Buckeye folks, I'm sure. It's a little over-romanticized - actually, very over-romanticized - but fun for the kids. I think the author is under the impression that Gilmer has played Celina 10-15 times or something, though, when it's only been twice, with a decade's separation between the two meetings.

Also, longtime Bobcat faithful will get a kick out of the section about the 2003 team, and how the Buckeyes kept the orange and white from another predestined title. Probably the least talented Celina team in the past 20 years, in all honesty, and most around town knew it.

I still won't forget that Gilmer receiver - never can remember his name - burning our little defensive back over and over and over again on that little two-step slant route.

Well you have to look at this from our perspective also. I remember that night like it was yesterday. Good God......we have to play the Celina Bobcats next. We didn't know what you had or did we care. You guys had won 7 some odd titles at that time. A State Championship was only a dream for us. That was a big game in our history. It along with the Daingerfield game that same year, were catalysts to get us where we are today.

d0tc0m
12-09-2015, 10:55 AM
Well you have to look at this from our perspective also. I remember that night like it was yesterday. Good God......we have to play the Celina Bobcats next. We didn't know what you had or did we care. You guys had won 7 some odd titles at that time. A State Championship was only a dream for us. That was a big game in our history. It along with the Daingerfield game that same year, were catalysts to get us where we are today.

Good points. Hard to remember that Daingerfield used to beat you guys, and ruined your chance to end Celina's long streak the year before. Seems like the Buckeye empire has been up and running for forever now. And honestly, it is hard to fathom that you guys have never won back-to-back titles. That just goes to show how hard it is to repeat in this state.

waterboy
12-09-2015, 11:02 AM

That would've been Manuel Johnson, I think. He changed from wide receiver in '03 to QB in '04, and led us to the state championship. He was an outstanding athlete, who could play any position on the field.

orange machine
12-09-2015, 11:07 AM
Geez, I don't know whether to laugh or throw up lol after reading that article Wow !!!

lostaussie
12-09-2015, 11:09 AM
That 2003 Daingerfield game was 1st round on a Saturday in Mt Pleasant. They had beat us the year before but we rolled into this one at 10-0.
Daingerfield kids tried to intimidate us before the game. Their kids screaming and yelling at our kids and coaches from the 50 yard line in pregame. Jeff kept the kids on our side and the coaching staff stayed between them during pre-game. After that 43-0 beating we put on them they weren't doing near as much talking. That was THE GAME. That's when I new we had the right coach and we were somehow, some way gonna get it done. It took one more year but its been a great run ever since.

lostaussie
12-09-2015, 11:11 AM
Geez, I don't know whether to laugh or throw up lol after reading that article Wow !!!

Your probably not gonna know which one of those to do after Friday night also:thumbsup:

orange machine
12-09-2015, 11:11 AM
By the way anybody think there is a chance we can get Gilmer not to wear the black uniforms? I get sick of seeing that black, it seems like every time ive watched Gilmer play except once in Ennis against Argyle they have been in Black. I seriously like white uniforms, but that black is getting old. :stirpot:

lostaussie
12-09-2015, 11:15 AM
By the way anybody think there is a chance we can get Gilmer not to wear the black uniforms? I get sick of seeing that black, it seems like every time ive watched Gilmer play except once in Ennis against Argyle they have been in Black. I seriously like white uniforms, but that black is getting old. :stirpot:

We play better in black:D

Bullaholic
12-09-2015, 11:21 AM
Really looking forward to this one----Lords of the Rings vs a Beast from the East.

d0tc0m
12-09-2015, 11:31 AM
Really looking forward to this one----Lords of the Rings vs a Beast from the East.

Good to have ya back on here, Bull! Also, I like your creativity.

lostaussie
12-09-2015, 11:44 AM

You coming to the game?

Bullaholic
12-09-2015, 12:11 PM
Good to have ya back on here, Bull! Also, I like your creativity. Thanks, d0tc0m---I just jump in and out when I can...

Bullaholic
12-09-2015, 12:12 PM
You coming to the game? Wish I could be there, aussie, but I'm going to try to follow the game on the stream...

Dawgs
12-09-2015, 01:01 PM
We play better in black:D

Gilmer looks like a buncha bada$$ in those all blacks! I wouldn't want them wearing them either.

waterboy
12-09-2015, 01:07 PM
That 2003 Daingerfield game was 1st round on a Saturday in Mt Pleasant. They had beat us the year before but we rolled into this one at 10-0.
Daingerfield kids tried to intimidate us before the game. Their kids screaming and yelling at our kids and coaches from the 50 yard line in pregame. Jeff kept the kids on our side and the coaching staff stayed between them during pre-game. After that 43-0 beating we put on them they weren't doing near as much talking. That was THE GAME. That's when I new we had the right coach and we were somehow, some way gonna get it done. It took one more year but its been a great run ever since.

I remember that game like it was yesterday. I remember a couple of the Daingerfield players prancing around on the middle of the field taunting our Buckeyes, and the fans, one player was even shooting the double bird at us. I'm glad that particular Daingerfield coach that allowed that is long gone. That particular game was the catalyst game where I felt like we got over the hump. We actually beat them in every way possible, in every aspect of the game. Our defense held them to 67 total yards, if memory serves, which includes one 34-yard play against our 2s late in the 4th quarter. After that game, our players felt like they could beat anybody in the state. We had just closed out the regular season, winning the district title in Lindale by whitewashing them in similar fashion 41-0. I think that by the time they got to the quarterfinals against Atlanta, the team was a little too overconfident, not to mention emotionally drained. I don't know whether we could've beaten Atlanta that year, though, even if we were at our best. I do feel like we could've done better. Lesson learned. Look where we are now.

At the time, Gilmer was really an unknown in high school football. That's why some folks say that the Celina game that year got us on the map, and got us some notoriety. Celina was very well-known at the time, and still is to this day. It became a kind of measuring stick for East Texas teams because of Celina being a well-known dynasty. That's why that win was important in the minds of Gilmerites.

d0tc0m
12-09-2015, 01:13 PM
Was McFarlin at the helm in Daingerfield in '03?

waterboy
12-09-2015, 01:27 PM
Was McFarlin at the helm in Daingerfield in '03?

Yes, Randy McFarlin was the head coach that year, his final year there. From what I know of McFarlin, he never would've allowed that type of behavior. I don't know whether he even knew what was happening, but it DID happen, and that made us Buckeyes extremely angry with them. You should've seen that beatdown of a very good Daingerfield team that day. It was priceless to us Buckeyes, especially considering how they had acted, and the annual beatdowns we received from them in previous meetings. The silencing of their fans, fans leaving before halftime, just the absolute beatdown we imposed. That was the most memorable and sweetest win for us Buckeyes fans up to that point. Several beatdowns by the Buckeyes since has certainly made it especially sweet, too.

lostaussie
12-09-2015, 01:38 PM
Yep. Daingerfield not even any fun to play anymore. They expect what they know is coming. My how the tables have turned.

bobcat1
12-09-2015, 01:54 PM
Wife reminded me that 27 years ago we said I do Friday. Going to the game is not what she had in mind. Dammit

orange machine
12-09-2015, 02:01 PM
Gilmer looks like a buncha bada$$ in those all blacks! I wouldn't want them wearing them either.

Has nothing to do with that, I just always see them play in black and orange. I like the white and orange
Just to much black.

orange machine
12-09-2015, 02:02 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if that's the only uniform they have?

d0tc0m
12-09-2015, 02:05 PM
Well, I had most of today off, so this morning, I went back and watched last year's matchup on the NFHS network. Surprisingly, it made me feel much better about this year's game. I forgot just how bad of a first quarter Celina had in that game. Everything that could go wrong did, and most of the errors were completely unforced. After that opening frame, it was over, and the kids and the coaches knew it. You could see it in their demeanor. The kids still played hard, you could see the effort, but you could also see the defeat.

Barring a disastrous start like that, the Bobcats will be just fine on Friday. I'm not saying they'll win, or win easily, but it'll be a damn good fight, that's for sure.

Rocket Man
12-09-2015, 02:45 PM
Adjusted Stats Matchup Analyzer:

Celina 39 Gilmer 27

Based on stats for games played through 12/05/15

http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings-stats/tools/txhsfbmatchup.php?team1=Celina&site=%40&team2=Gilmer

lostaussie
12-09-2015, 02:50 PM

Celina 39 Gilmer 27

http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings-stats/tools/txhsfbmatchup.php?team1=Celina&site=%40&team2=Gilmer

Good thing the game not played on some fancy smancy computer:D

d0tc0m
12-09-2015, 02:51 PM
Good thing the game not played on some fancy smancy computer:D

Amen.

waterboy
12-09-2015, 03:00 PM

Celina 39 Gilmer 27

If they score 39 points on this year's defense, Celina deserves the win.

d0tc0m
12-09-2015, 03:08 PM
If they score 39 points on this year's defense, Celina deserves the win.

Agreed. If we score 39 points on talks defense, we will win.

waterboy
12-09-2015, 03:24 PM
Agreed. If we score 39 points on talks defense, we will win.

"talks"?

d0tc0m
12-09-2015, 03:37 PM
"talks"?

Dang autocorrect. That was supposed to say " y'all's "

waterboy
12-09-2015, 04:08 PM
Dang autocorrect. That was supposed to say " y'all's "

I figured... Just wondering if it was some kind of code or something... :D

poisoned10
12-09-2015, 04:19 PM

Celina 39 Gilmer 27

Im more interested in the pick from ***********. But the poster that usually does it hasn't done it yet.

lostaussie
12-09-2015, 04:39 PM
Im more interested in the pick from ***********. But the poster that usually does it hasn't done it yet.

Just messaged him. Celina by 14

d0tc0m
12-09-2015, 04:42 PM
Just messaged him. Celina by 14

Wow. I'd take a 14-point win. That sure seems like a generous pick, though. I think it's a one-possession type game, myself.

d0tc0m
12-09-2015, 04:59 PM
Gilmer won't have anyone out with injuries in this game, will they?

lostaussie
12-09-2015, 05:00 PM
As far as I know we fully healthy

waterboy
12-09-2015, 05:24 PM
Looks like the defending 4A-D2 champs are the underdogs in this one. I understand, though. Celina has been blowing everybody out, while we have played several close ones. That won't amount to a hill of beans when these two teams meet up on the field. I say it's a toss up, and most of me still thinks Gilmer will find a way to win.

toddg
12-09-2015, 07:25 PM
Man!! This is too close to call for me..should be a rock concert!! good luck to both teams!!

bobcat1
12-09-2015, 07:29 PM
Looks like the defending 4A-D2 champs are the underdogs in this one. I understand, though. Celina has been blowing everybody out, while we have played several close ones. That won't amount to a hill of beans when these two teams meet up on the field. I say it's a toss up, and most of me still thinks Gilmer will find a way to win.
Your name should have been Waterhead. :wave:Dear Lord. Give the "underdog" thing a rest. We all know The Beast from the East will always be favored. Hope Celina can at least stay on the field with y'all.

movethechain
12-09-2015, 07:55 PM
Your name should have been Waterhead. :wave:Dear Lord. Give the "underdog" thing a rest. We all know The Beast from the East will always be favored. Hope Celina can at least stay on the field with y'all.

The Buckeyes know there is a new bully in town and we are skeerd. Seems like we heard at least one person mention the Bobcats took Argyle to the woodshed, so there's that. :vrycnfsd:

lostaussie
12-09-2015, 09:12 PM
http://etsn.fm/battle-of-unbeatens-traditional-powers-gilmer-celina-meet-again-in-semifinals/

I think the total state championships are wrong. It says 9, but we have 3 and I'm sure y'all have more than 6??

RPF2666
12-09-2015, 09:32 PM
http://etsn.fm/battle-of-unbeatens-traditional-powers-gilmer-celina-meet-again-in-semifinals/

I think the total state championships are wrong. It says 9, but we have 3 and I'm sure y'all have more than 6??

You are correct!

d0tc0m
12-09-2015, 10:16 PM

Yeah, they got the titles wrong. There are 11 state titles between the two schools. And a crazy 15 state title appearances between Celina and Gilmer.

Other than that small thing, though, it was a pretty good breakdown of the matchup.

Gen.Pat
12-09-2015, 11:06 PM
Go celina.

Celina8
12-10-2015, 05:29 AM
The only thing I know for sure about the outcome of this game is that the school that has orange as part of its team colors will win and that posters from Brownwood, Stephenville, and Carthage will post congratulations then proceed to say they wish they could play that team as they would beat them .....LOL!

waterboy
12-10-2015, 08:37 AM
The only thing I know for sure about the outcome of this game is that the school that has orange as part of its team colors will win and that posters from Brownwood, Stephenville, and Carthage will post congratulations then proceed to say they wish they could play that team as they would beat them .....LOL!

Carthage already has! :D

waterboy
12-10-2015, 08:39 AM

Nope! We ARE the underdogs in this one, according to every pollster service and poll out there. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not true..., you sandbagger! :taunt:

d0tc0m
12-10-2015, 09:09 AM
And then it was Thursday.

bobcat1
12-10-2015, 09:21 AM
I must have lost my mind to get married in December.:doh:

waterboy
12-10-2015, 09:32 AM

Hey, I got married in December..., but I made sure it was AFTER high school football was over. The championship game always falls at least two to three days before our anniversary, the 21st. Now, THAT'S thinking ahead! :D

bobcat1
12-10-2015, 11:13 AM
Hey, I got married in December..., but I made sure it was AFTER high school football was over. The championship game always falls at least two to three days before our anniversary, the 21st. Now, THAT'S thinking ahead! :D
I wasn't thinking with the right head 27 years ago. :crazy1:

ccmom
12-10-2015, 11:40 AM

You got married on my birthday. :) My wedding anniversary is the following day on the 12th.

Congrats to you and your bride.

waterboy
12-10-2015, 11:45 AM
I wasn't thinking with the right head 27 years ago. :crazy1:

It's all about priorities, sir! It wouldn't matter to my wife anyway. She would go with me to a playoff game even if it was being played on our anniversary because she knows how important it is to me. As a matter of fact, when we were still dating over 19 years ago, we went to several high school playoff games together, even before Gilmer was a perennial playoff team.

lostaussie
12-10-2015, 12:33 PM
I really thought this week would be livelier than this:doh:

d0tc0m
12-10-2015, 12:39 PM

What can I do to help?

waterboy
12-10-2015, 12:39 PM

They know what's coming... :D

d0tc0m
12-10-2015, 12:49 PM
They know what's coming... :D

Yes. Yes we do. Do you?

waterboy
12-10-2015, 12:53 PM
Yes. Yes we do. Do you?

No..., enlighten me, please...

d0tc0m
12-10-2015, 01:11 PM
No..., enlighten me, please...

Look, it's not in my nature to be mysterious, but I can't talk about it, and I can't talk about why.

BILLYFRED0000
12-10-2015, 01:34 PM
Well it could be worse.... I like the chatter here... more adult
Several good assessments of the game.
I will say that Gilmer will not have faced a defensive line quite like ours.
And Argyle while not quite as good gives a decent look for the black flag.
Only problem is that game was way back. Nobody else could do much.
I know the boys are working hard and want to win.
This could simply be the team most hungry.....
If Celina can control the line enough times they can score.
They can make the big play....
If not it is possible for Celina to grind it out.
They can do both.
Gilmer is a great running team.
I think they are above average passing team.
If their qb was more mobile it would make a difference
Celina has a good pass rush and good coverage.
So if the black flag has to pass they will be playing into Celinas game.
I refuse to pick this one..... I just don't have enough of a read on either team,
Film only shows what you want to see. There will be differences this week and that will depend more on execution.
I only hope that it is a good game and neither side has to live with a mistake prone loss.

lostaussie
12-10-2015, 01:37 PM
Well it could be worse.... I like the chatter here... more adult
Several good assessments of the game.
I will say that Gilmer will not have faced a defensive line quite like ours.
And Argyle while not quite as good gives a decent look for the black flag.
Only problem is that game was way back. Nobody else could do much.
I know the boys are working hard and want to win.
This could simply be the team most hungry.....
If Celina can control the line enough times they can score.
They can make the big play....
If not it is possible for Celina to grind it out.
They can do both.
Gilmer is a great running team.
I think they are above average passing team.
If their qb was more mobile it would make a difference
Celina has a good pass rush and good coverage.
So if the black flag has to pass they will be playing into Celinas game.
I refuse to pick this one..... I just don't have enough of a read on either team,
Film only shows what you want to see. There will be differences this week and that will depend more on execution.
I only hope that it is a good game and neither side has to live with a mistake prone loss.

That's walking the fence........it doesn't help:D

lostaussie
12-10-2015, 01:39 PM
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag449/tskeeter1/IMG_20141212_222235_605_zpscb72dvjb.jpg (http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/tskeeter1/media/IMG_20141212_222235_605_zpscb72dvjb.jpg.html)

Maybe this will :D

orange machine
12-10-2015, 01:44 PM
Calm before the storm if folks haven't noticed most Celina folks have been quite all year. There is a reason!

RPF2666
12-10-2015, 01:50 PM
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag449/tskeeter1/IMG_20141212_222235_605_zpscb72dvjb.jpg (http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/tskeeter1/media/IMG_20141212_222235_605_zpscb72dvjb.jpg.html)

Different year... ancient history! I hope that is plastered all over the Gilmer campus!

d0tc0m
12-10-2015, 02:00 PM

What game was that?

RPF2666
12-10-2015, 02:12 PM
It wasn't, THIS YEAR!

lostaussie
12-10-2015, 02:13 PM
Different year... ancient history! I hope that is plastered all over the Gilmer campus!

Ancient history is the Romans.......that is still a pretty fresh wound right there:D

waterboy
12-10-2015, 02:14 PM
Look, it's not in my nature to be mysterious, but I can't talk about it, and I can't talk about why.

Oh, come on..., talk about it! You'll feel better. By the way, we have a secret weapon we haven't used all season that is being used for this game... :D Let's just hope it's just enough, and not too much... :crazy1:

d0tc0m
12-10-2015, 02:16 PM
Oh, come on..., talk about it! You'll feel better. By the way, we have a secret weapon we haven't used all season that is being used for this game... :D Let's just hope it's just enough, and not too much... :crazy1:

I love secret weapons.

RPF2666
12-10-2015, 02:16 PM
Ancient history is the Romans.......that is still a pretty fresh wound right there:D

Different teams!
Different year!
Different outcome!?:clap:

waterboy
12-10-2015, 02:23 PM
I stole this off another poster from another site, but I like it!

May those who love us, love us.
And those who don’t love us,
May God turn their hearts;
And if He doesn’t turn their hearts,
May He turn their ankles,
So we will know them by their limping.

:D

lostaussie
12-10-2015, 02:36 PM
I love secret weapons.

It's a deep snapper for crying out loud.......nothing to see here.

lostaussie
12-10-2015, 02:38 PM
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag449/tskeeter1/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1449252088559_zpszfvj8y1h.jpg (http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/tskeeter1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1449252088559_zpszfvj8y1h.jpg.html)

lostaussie
12-10-2015, 02:40 PM
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag449/tskeeter1/GIF%20Maker/IMG_12024652869877_zpsm4xa5pwv.jpeg (http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/tskeeter1/media/GIF%20Maker/IMG_12024652869877_zpsm4xa5pwv.jpeg.html)

d0tc0m
12-10-2015, 02:53 PM
It's a deep snapper for crying out loud.......nothing to see here.

Deep snappers are cool.

lostaussie
12-10-2015, 02:56 PM
I always thought so too. That's why we made him a secret weapon

d0tc0m
12-10-2015, 02:59 PM
I always thought so too. That's why we made him a secret weapon

I think Celina's TE is our deep snapper. I'm gonna call the field house though and talk to Coach Elliot and let him know you guys have a secret weapon at that position this week. I'm sure he'll want to counter with his own secret snapper.

lostaussie
12-10-2015, 03:00 PM
That is insider trading

d0tc0m
12-10-2015, 03:02 PM
That is insider trading

Catch me if you can.

lostaussie
12-10-2015, 03:23 PM
Anybody going to have a smoker rolling tomorrow? I'm leaving the plant at 11. Be rolling into Mesquite about 3........looking for some free grub:D

waterboy
12-10-2015, 03:57 PM
Lucky you. I'll be lucky to be pulling up by 7. Save 3 good seats please.

d0tc0m
12-10-2015, 04:00 PM
Lucky you. I'll be lucky to be pulling up by 7. Save 3 good seats please.

You guys go wave to the broadcast cameras. I'll be watching as soon as the feed starts!

waterboy
12-10-2015, 04:16 PM
You guys go wave to the broadcast cameras. I'll be watching as soon as the feed starts!

I pay no attention to cameras. I've even been on the highlight videos (when they scan the crowd, of course :D) ol' aesculus gilmus does, in the Gilmer Mirror, etc., and not once was I ever looking at a dang camera. :D

d0tc0m
12-10-2015, 04:25 PM
Hey, Buckeyes fans, if it makes you feel a little better, Corbett Smith of the Dallas Morning News thinks you guys are gonna run away and hide with this thing tomorrow.

lostaussie
12-10-2015, 04:28 PM
Hey, Buckeyes fans, if it makes you feel a little better, Corbett Smith of the Dallas Morning News thinks you guys are gonna run away and hide with this thing tomorrow.

That guy is an idiot. Doesn't know a thing:D

d0tc0m
12-10-2015, 04:45 PM
That guy is an idiot. Doesn't know a thing:D

Probably right. To his credit, or discredit, his only reasoning is because he saw the score from last year's game, although, he didn't even remember it correctly.

CHS_89
12-10-2015, 06:13 PM

Is there going to be a live video feed of game? If so, share the info. I'm in Boston, wishing I could be in mesquite on Friday. I would love to watch, otherwise I will listen to Homeofthebobcats.com.

d0tc0m
12-10-2015, 06:28 PM
Is there going to be a live video feed of game? If so, share the info. I'm in Boston, wishing I could be in mesquite on Friday. I would love to watch, otherwise I will listen to Homeofthebobcats.com.

There will be a live feed on NFHSnetwork.com. You'll need to pay $10 for a 24hr pass, though. Also, it will be the Gilmer broadcasters doing the commentating, so you may wanna cue up JP and Mark on Home of the Bobcats to use as your audio.

bobcat1
12-10-2015, 07:31 PM
Ancient history is the Romans.......that is still a pretty fresh wound right there:DI beg to differ. Ancient history is Brownwood. Yep. That wound is fresh and you just keep throwing salt in it please. :wave:

CHS_89
12-10-2015, 07:37 PM
There will be a live feed on NFHSnetwork.com. You'll need to pay $10 for a 24hr pass, though. Also, it will be the Gilmer broadcasters doing the commentating, so you may wanna cue up JP and Mark on Home of the Bobcats to use as your audio.

Nice! Thx .com!

WOS1
12-10-2015, 08:37 PM
Yep. Daingerfield not even any fun to play anymore. They expect what they know is coming. My how the tables have turned.

Careful, that kind of stuff tends to be cyclical.

lostaussie
12-10-2015, 08:47 PM
Not with Daingerfield....... They about to dry up over there. I'm afraid the glory days are over

buckeyebob
12-10-2015, 08:52 PM

Consider the source

buckeyebob
12-10-2015, 08:57 PM
http://gilmerbuckeyes.blogspot.com/

Here is something to chew on

WOS1
12-10-2015, 09:19 PM
http://gilmerbuckeyes.blogspot.com/

Here is something to chew on

Awesome! Popcorn is ready!

Wayne
12-10-2015, 09:41 PM
Good Luck Celina!

lostaussie
12-11-2015, 08:24 AM
Finally...... GAMEDAY!!!

d0tc0m
12-11-2015, 08:50 AM
And then it was Friday.

lostaussie
12-11-2015, 08:59 AM
And then it was Friday.

GTownballer
12-11-2015, 09:03 AM
This is what its all about, Friday night lights in the playoffs, this should be an epic battle of 2 great programs, good luck to both teams, lets pray for no serious injuries and safe travels for everyone!

Celina8
12-11-2015, 09:25 AM
This is what its all about, Friday night lights in the playoffs, this should be an epic battle of 2 great programs, good luck to both teams, lets pray for no serious injuries and safe travels for everyone!

Amen GTownballer

charlesrixey
12-11-2015, 10:06 AM
Notice that almost all of those games were post-2007.

Celina hadn't lost in the semis or finals to an east texas team until 2008, against Carthage. They had beaten ET teams in Alto,Elysian Fields (X2), Garrison and Pewitt prior to 2008. In all but one title game we were not favored. Daingerfield beat us by 1 point to end the streak, but we spent a decade unbeaten against ET teams. It hasn't been talked about after the beatings over the last six or seven years, but only recently has East Texas come out on top against us. Even in 1974, we tied Big Sandy in the title game during a three-year stretch in which they won every other game.

The real turning point was the 2003 45-21 loss to Gilmer (which was also a big turning point year for them). That year saw the beginning of a new era for our defense, which went from averaging 9.22 ppg for the entire decade of the 1990's, to 10.51 ppg from 2000-2008, and then almost double that since. A big portion of those points have come from East Texas teams, which just shows how competitive the region is.

Thekey this year is our defense, regardless of how many points the offense has scored. The majority of the games were shutouts until our reserves were in, such as our 42-0 lead over Krum last week. And it's a good thing our defense is better because they have to be to take dwn Gilmer. Everyone knew last year that it wasn't going to end well for Celina, and this year the Bobcats are much closer to the Buckeyes. How much closer will be determined tonight.

charlesrixey
12-11-2015, 10:19 AM
My wedding anniversary was in December, on the 21st......I was much smarter this time; my new anniversary is on Feb 2, Groundhog Day!

waterboy
12-11-2015, 10:37 AM
My wedding anniversary was in December, on the 21st......I was much smarter this time; my new anniversary is on Feb 2, Groundhog Day!

My anniversary is the 21st. It was never a problem, and wouldn't be even if the championship game were played on that day. She goes to the games with me when she can.

d0tc0m
12-11-2015, 10:53 AM
Well, I searched high and low for a cheap, last-minute flight from Springfield to Dallas, but to no avail. So I just purchased my day pass for the NFHS Network broadcast tonight. Grateful for that opportunity. Can't wait for kickoff!

Go Bobcats!

Aesculus gilmus
12-11-2015, 11:00 AM
I think the homerism of the Gilmer crew will be so insufferable that you'll have to mute the sound. Someone else suggested listening to your broadcast while watching the NFHS stream, but the problem is it likely won't be in sync.

I remember trying to do this once with a Texas Longhorns game a few years ago. Craig Way would describe the play on the radio and then I'd see it about 10 seconds later on my TV.

poisoned10
12-11-2015, 11:10 AM
I got married in June. I was on the baseball practice field with my all star little league team for my anniversary.

d0tc0m
12-11-2015, 11:18 AM
I think the homerism of the Gilmer crew will be so insufferable that you'll have to mute the sound. Someone else suggested listening to your broadcast while watching the NFHS stream, but the problem is it likely won't be in sync.

I remember trying to do this once with a Texas Longhorns game a few years ago. Craig Way would describe the play on the radio and then I'd see it about 10 seconds later on my TV.

LoL, yeah, that was me that suggested that earlier! And I'll be doing my best to get that to synch up! I've got a few tricks to try if it's not perfectly timed.

No offense to the Buckeye broadcasters, by any means. I'm sure they do a fabulous job. But I'll take Mark and JP from the Celina broadcast! Which, they'd be just as insufferable for Gilmer fans. But that's the beauty of hometown broadcasting. If I wanted unbiased commentating, I'd turn on FSSW.

regaleagle
12-11-2015, 11:20 AM
I think the Buckeyes coaching staff will have Gilmer ready for this Celina attack......at least they THINK they will. And I fully expect the score to be very tight at halftime. But as the game wears on into the second half, I think you will see Celina begin to exert some of its offensive dominance in this game. They will keep coming at Gilmer and eventually I believe Celina will get a comfortable lead and keep it. If Gilmer gets the lead, I think Celina has the offense to come back and score. Not sure about Gilmer being able to do the same thing. Both teams have very stout defenses, but I think Celina's offense is the difference-maker in tonite's game. Gilmer will have to try a trick play or two to try and get the upper hand.....and that might just work. But in the end, I think this season's Celina Bobcats will prove very worthy of their ranking.

Celina 36
Gilmer 27

d0tc0m
12-11-2015, 11:23 AM
I think the Buckeyes coaching staff will have Gilmer ready for this Celina attack......at least they THINK they will. And I fully expect the score to be very tight at halftime. But as the game wears on into the second half, I think you will see Celina begin to exert some of its offensive dominance in this game. They will keep coming at Gilmer and eventually I believe Celina will get a comfortable lead and keep it. If Gilmer gets the lead, I think Celina has the offense to come back and score. Not sure about Gilmer being able to do the same thing. Both teams have very stout defenses, but I think Celina's offense is the difference-maker in tonite's game. Gilmer will have to try a trick play or two to try and get the upper hand.....and that might just work. But in the end, I think this season's Celina Bobcats will prove very worthy of their ranking.

Celina 36
Gilmer 27

Thanks, Regal! I think you hit it on the head pretty well. Good luck to you guys tonight as well, most Celina faithful will be pulling for you guys!

bobcat1
12-11-2015, 04:09 PM
I will be there tonight. Yippee!

d0tc0m
12-11-2015, 04:33 PM
I will be there tonight. Yippee!

Yeah! Congrats, Bobcat, and happy anniversary! Cheer loudly tonight!

poisoned10
12-11-2015, 08:11 PM
This sign made me laugh. If you can't read it, it says, 'Go Big Orange.'

All I can think of after that sign is Orange Crush.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/11/d56106adf85a83c40ac6b25712867f3a.jpg

poisoned10
12-11-2015, 08:17 PM
This sign seems unnecessary. Everyone love Orange Crush. Of course I'm gonna finish it.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/11/15eb00b8c121e9bffd76a23533c3ae4f.jpg

lostaussie
12-11-2015, 08:49 PM
14-0 Gilmer

lostaussie
12-11-2015, 09:05 PM
End 1 14-7

d0tc0m
12-11-2015, 09:47 PM
This is about what we thought it'd be. Two teams playing out of their minds.

orange machine
12-11-2015, 09:50 PM
24 to 21 half
gilmer

If celina stops the turnovers they are kicking Gilmers butt.