PDA

View Full Version : Ruh-roh Katy.... not again

WOS87
12-02-2015, 04:40 PM
Please tell me the rumors aren't true. They could be disqualified this year.

WOS87
12-02-2015, 04:42 PM
https://twitter.com/watkinsfox26/status/672164745416335360/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

caleb_mccaig
12-02-2015, 04:45 PM
Literally was going to post this same thing, anyone know what the possible violation is?

SHSBulldog00
12-02-2015, 04:46 PM
Emergency Meeting 10 AM Thursday at 1701 Manor Road in Austin

Agenda

EVIDENTIARY HEARINGS AND OPEN MEETINGS (AA)

At this point on the agenda, the Committee will conduct evidentiary hearings, pursuant to Subchapter H of the UIL Constitution and Contest Rules on the matters listed below. Individuals who are offering evidence for consideration by the Committee are asked to make their presentations as brief as possible.

10:05 am AA. Katy High School: Violations of Section 440: Eligibility - Athletics.
This emergency hearing is necessary because the outcome may impact upcoming playoff games.

Bosqueville
12-02-2015, 04:47 PM
Holy Crap!!

lostaussie
12-02-2015, 04:49 PM
Emergency Meeting 10 AM Thursday at 1701 Manor Road in Austin

Agenda

EVIDENTIARY HEARINGS AND OPEN MEETINGS (AA)

At this point on the agenda, the Committee will conduct evidentiary hearings, pursuant to Subchapter H of the UIL Constitution and Contest Rules on the matters listed below. Individuals who are offering evidence for consideration by the Committee are asked to make their presentations as brief as possible.

10:05 am AA. Katy High School: Violations of Section 440: Eligibility - Athletics.
This emergency hearing is necessary because the outcome may impact upcoming playoff games.

What are the charges???

WOS87
12-02-2015, 04:50 PM
Ineligible player.. same as what happened in 1998 with them. In 1998 they got kicked out the day before the State Championship

SHSBulldog00
12-02-2015, 04:54 PM
Thanks WOS87 I saw it at the same time you did.

Weebe
12-02-2015, 04:57 PM
Ineligible player.. same as what happened in 1998 with them. In 1998 they got kicked out the day before the State Championship

Read on a recruiting site today that they have a Soph. OL that transferred in from Seven Lakes after Seven Lakes was eliminated from the playoffs.

Kid has been playing special teams for Katy High since transferring.

I had never heard of this happening before and thought it left a lot of room for manipulation if it was allowed.

Maybe someone else read the same thing I did and turned it in.

charlesrixey
12-02-2015, 05:01 PM

I remember that; that left Midland Lee (with Cedric Benson) to face SA Taft. Not surprisingly, it was a huge blowout.
My friend KT2000, owner of the 5ATexasfootball site, was on the team at the time.

toddg
12-02-2015, 05:04 PM
Didn't Manvel accuse pearland of ineligible players too

toddg
12-02-2015, 06:02 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/02/c86eeec4770bc851b05512757ee8b71b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waterboy
12-02-2015, 06:08 PM
So if Katy is disqualified, would Friendswood play Manvel this week, or would Manvel get a bye?

Scoop27
12-02-2015, 06:12 PM
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/UIL-to-determine-if-Katy-violated-rule-with-6670941.php?utm_source=WhatCountsEmail&utm_medium=breaking_news&utm_campaign=wcm_cc99fa7805c98ca38f1eb82a0ddbc1ee

WOS87
12-02-2015, 06:16 PM
So if Katy is disqualified, would Friendswood play Manvel this week, or would Manvel get a bye?

Would it really matter? I would assume Friendswood would play Manvel but they'd have 2 days to prepare and they'd be huge underdogs even if they had a week to prepare.

SHSBulldog00
12-02-2015, 06:38 PM

Would it really matter? I would assume Friendswood would play Manvel but they'd have 2 days to prepare and they'd be huge underdogs even if they had a week to prepare.

If Katy is DQ'ed then Friendswood would play Manvel on Friday.

toddg
12-02-2015, 06:54 PM
Going to be some disappointed Katy haters tomorrow..

Weebe
12-02-2015, 07:01 PM
Kid played one play(extra point) against Friendswood.

The rule itself is BS, but I'm hearing that Katy did everything correctly.

AggiesAreWe
12-02-2015, 07:07 PM
If the young man played for Seven Lakes the whole season, then moved to Katy HS after his season was over, why the hell would Katy allow him to play? THEY DON"T NEED HIM!!! Why run the risk?

IMO, he is not a Katy Tiger, played for a rival school. Why let him join your team after his team's season ended? Doesn't matter if the move is legit. Makes no sense.

Weebe
12-02-2015, 07:13 PM
If the young man played for Seven Lakes the whole season, then moved to Katy HS after his season was over, why the hell would Katy allow him to play? THEY DON"T NEED HIM!!! Why run the risk?

IMO, he is not a Katy Tiger, played for a rival school. Why let him join your team after his team's season ended? Doesn't matter if the move is legit. Makes no sense.

Agree. But apparently it's legal. Which is crazy.

That rule needs to be changed. Too much room for abuse.

bag-o-chips
12-02-2015, 07:20 PM
I remember that; that left Midland Lee (with Cedric Benson) to face SA Taft. Not surprisingly, it was a huge blowout.
My friend KT2000, owner of the 5ATexasfootball site, was on the team at the time.

Pretty sure it was SA Mac Arthur

SHSBulldog00
12-02-2015, 07:48 PM
As far as transferring, an athlete who moves - and all parts of move are legit - must sit out 15 calendar days from the day of enrollment.

He played on the 27th so he needed to have enrolled by the 12th. His enrollment date could be the main factor.

Weebe
12-02-2015, 08:02 PM
Does Friendswood have any say in whether Katy is DQ'd? Or is it automatic DQ for rest of playoffs?

If I were a coach, I would reluctant to move on that way after having had their asses handed to them. Would be different if it was a close game and the kid made a difference.

SHSBulldog00
12-02-2015, 08:11 PM
Does Friendswood have any say in whether Katy is DQ'd? Or is it automatic DQ for rest of playoffs?

If I were a coach, I would reluctant to move on that way after having had their asses handed to them. Would be different if it was a close game and the kid made a difference.

It's all up to what happens during the meeting in the morning.

AggiesAreWe
12-02-2015, 08:37 PM
As far as transferring, an athlete who moves - and all parts of move are legit - must sit out 15 calendar days from the day of enrollment.

He played on the 27th so he needed to have enrolled by the 12th. His enrollment date could be the main factor.

Like I stated, even if the transfer is legit and even if the young man sat the 15 days, why have him on your team anyways? I would not consider the young man a part of that team. He has no business being a part of that team.

I put this squarely on the shoulders of Coach Joseph. He should have never allowed this to happen.

pancho villa
12-03-2015, 09:09 AM
How stupid can you be!!!! Why was the kid in a Uni. period.

HEMOTOXIC
12-03-2015, 11:45 AM
UIL rules that Katy does not have to forfeit its 3rd-round playoff game against Friendswood because of the use of an ineligible player.

Mercy rule will be used for Katy, which means team will not forfeit its win.

The panel voted 3-0 in Katy's favor. The Tigers will play Manvel tomorrow night as planned.

UIL issues a public reprimand to Katy for the use of an ineligible player in the playoffs. Undefeated Tigers put on probation for a year.

bag-o-chips
12-03-2015, 11:51 AM
Just watched it. Still think it a stupid move to allow a transfer to play in the post season.

caleb_mccaig
12-03-2015, 12:09 PM
Katy will play tomorrow and the player is disqualified, but I didn't see if it was for the rest of this season, or one calendar year.

Apparently he's a sophomore with big size who has already taken two unofficial visits to Texas A&M.

At least that's what I've gathered elsewhere.

waterboy
12-03-2015, 12:21 PM
The player in question actually played about 10 plays on offense in Katy's blowout win. I think it was pretty stupid to let him play in the first place, especially seeing as he was a transfer, and the game was well in hand anyway. Why not just let the players who have sat on the bench play instead?

Gsquared
12-03-2015, 12:48 PM
Word is the meeting is done and Katy is good to play this week

slingshot
12-03-2015, 02:27 PM
Let me get this straight... per UIL rules a kid can play football at one school during the season then transfer and play at another school during the SAME season or playoffs? Just has to sit out 10 days? Who in their everloving right mind makes these rules???

toddg
12-03-2015, 03:16 PM
Let me get this straight... per UIL rules a kid can play football at one school during the season then transfer and play at another school during the SAME season or playoffs? Just has to sit out 10 days? Who in their everloving right mind makes these rules???

Different school, but same school district.

Saggy Aggie
12-03-2015, 03:19 PM
The player in question actually played about 10 plays on offense in Katy's blowout win. I think it was pretty stupid to let him play in the first place, especially seeing as he was a transfer, and the game was well in hand anyway. Why not just let the players who have sat on the bench play instead?

Katy football released a statement saying that he played one play, the last extra point in the 66-0 win

HEMOTOXIC
12-03-2015, 03:36 PM
Katy ISD issued the following statement:

On December 1, Katy ISD's Athletic Department discovered the possibility of an ineligible student participating on the Katy High School football team and self-reported this incident to the UIL immediately. A hearing was held this morning in Austin and the UIL State Executive Committee determined that while there was an oversight in direct compliance with UIL Constitution and Contest Rules section 440F, there was no intent to create an advantage by allowing the student to participate on the Katy High School football team during post season. Since being enrolled at Katy High School, the student had only participated in one game against Friendswood ISD on November 27, 2015. Given the results of today's hearing, the Katy Tigers will continue in the football playoffs. However, the Committee has decided to place the school on probation for one year. The school and District are pleased with the outcomes of the hearing and will be taking additional steps to ensure Katy ISD stays in compliance with all UIL Constitution and Contest Rules.

The ineligible player played 10 snaps in the second half of Katy's 66-0 win over Friendswood after the Tigers were up 56-0.

Cam
12-03-2015, 03:44 PM
......this is all Greendawg's fault!......:vrycnfsd:

toddg
12-03-2015, 04:22 PM
......this is all Greendawg's fault!......:vrycnfsd:

A man get stopped by a game warden with his basket full of fish.

Warden: do you have a permit for all these fish?
Man: no sir. These are all my pet fish.
Warden: your pet fish? How's that?
Man: well, every night I take all my pet fish for a walk to the lake, I let them swim for about half hour and then I whistle and they all come back and jump in my basket and we go home. We do this every night.
Warden: Well that's just a crock of lies!!
Man: here I'll show you... (Releases the fish in the lake)
Warden: well this I got to see!!
5 minutes later...
Warden: well??
Man: what?
Warden: the fish!! Where's your pet fish??
Man: what fish??

Scoop27
12-03-2015, 05:20 PM
I wonder if this was any other school if the same decision would be handed down?. They broke the rule and they were only put on probation for a year.

Cam
12-03-2015, 06:36 PM

Man: well, every night I take all my pet fish for a walk to the lake, I let them swim for about half hour and then I whistle and they all come back and jump in my basket and we go home. We do this every night.
5 minutes later...
Man: what fish??

.......:spitlol:......good one.....

I used to have a pet fish....sumbitch turned on me!
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/pet%20fish.jpg......

bobcat1
12-03-2015, 07:53 PM

5 minutes later...
Man: what fish??Classic but still funny!