Waco La Vega vs China Spring (3)

4A Div. II Bracket

Krum vs Celina (29)
(7) Gilmer vs Atlanta
(18) West Orange-Stark vs Bellville
Cuero vs Sinton (3)

6A Div. I Bracket

Denton Ryan vs Allen (19)
Humble Atascocita vs Austin Westlake (11)
(5) Galena Park North Shore vs Dickinson
(6) Converse Judson vs Smithson Valley

6A Div. II Bracket

(PK) Denton Guyer vs Mansfield
Rockwall vs Lake Travis (15)
(7) Katy vs Manvel
(20) Schertz Cibolo Steele vs Schertz Clemens

5A Div. I Bracket

Canyon Randall vs Aledo (16)
Longview vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (6)
(7) Temple vs Richmond George Ranch
Austin Vandegrift vs Cedar Park Vista Ridge (4)

5A Div. II Bracket

Everman vs Lake Dallas (3)
(1) Frisco Lone Star vs Lancaster
(8) Fort Bend Ridge Point vs Angleton
(17) Cedar Park vs CC Calallen

3A Div. I Bracket

Shallowater vs Brock (19)
(PK) Sunnyvale vs Mineola
(1) Cameron Yoe vs Teague
Mathis vs Hitchcock (4)

3A Div. II Bracket

(2) Idalou vs Henrietta
New London West Rusk vs Waskom (18)
Crockett vs Franklin (11)
(25) East Bernard vs Boling

2A Div. I Bracket

(16) Canadian vs Stratford
Tolar vs Crawford (18)
(5) Shelbyville vs Lovelady
(5) Refugio vs Shiner

2A Div. II Bracket

Memphis vs Seagraves (21)
Iraan vs Albany (2)
(6) Muenster vs Tenaha
(14) Bremond vs Bruni

1A Div. I Bracket

(11) Borden County vs Crowell
(5) Zephyr vs Abbott

1A Div. II Bracket

Follett vs Imperial Buena Vista (10)
Guthrie vs Richland Springs (25)

Private 11M Div. I

Dallas Bishop Dunne vs Dallas Plano Prestonwood (1)

Private 11M Div. II

Fort Worth Christian vs Dallas Christian School (14)

Private 11M Div. III

Cedar Hill Trinity Christian vs Shiner St. Paul (2)

Private 6M Div. I

Houston Emery-Weiner School vs Midland Trinity (4)

Private 6M Div. II

Waco Live Oak vs Austin Veritas Academy (5)

Private 6M Div. III

Wichita Falls Notre Dame vs San Marcos Hill Country (8)

d0tc0m
12-01-2015, 11:15 AM
I'm not saying it can't/won't happen, but, man, Argyle an 11-point favorite over LE seems steep. I think it'll be closer than that. I'm sure the Leopards that have seen these picks are licking their chops. Still think Argyle wins, though.

Rocket Man
12-01-2015, 11:37 AM
I'm not saying it can't/won't happen, but, man, Argyle an 11-point favorite over LE seems steep. I think it'll be closer than that. I'm sure the Leopards that have seen these picks are licking their chops. Still think Argyle wins, though.

I agree with the steepness of the favortism and just for CAM, I think we have a box of chocolates here.

waterboy
12-01-2015, 12:48 PM

I was thinking the same thing about the steepness of the spread. I also think it'll be a little closer than that, but for some reason unbeknownst to me, I'm thinking Liberty-Eylau will pull it out. I wouldn't bet money either way on it, though. That game oughta be a doozey, and I think whoever wins that game makes it to Houston. Just my humble opinion, though. :D

toddg
12-01-2015, 01:04 PM
Unlike most teams LE has faced this year, Argyle can tackle..and does it better than most..So to me 11 points isn't too far fetched. Would it suprise me if LE won? No! Would it suprise me if Argyle won by 14+? No!

d0tc0m
12-01-2015, 01:42 PM
I was thinking the same thing about the steepness of the spread. I also think it'll be a little closer than that, but for some reason unbeknownst to me, I'm thinking Liberty-Eylau will pull it out. I wouldn't bet money either way on it, though. That game oughta be a doozey, and I think whoever wins that game makes it to Houston. Just my humble opinion, though. :D

LE certainly has the athletes to win this game, and may do just that. I can respect your pick, because you guys have seen LE. I lean a bit towards the Eagles because we faced them, and I know what a dogfight that was. I also know Argyle has one of the best coaching staffs in the state, and those kids are disciplined and peaking at the right time. But then again, LE appears to be playing at a high level, too ...

Oh, hell, it's going to be a terrific game — one we could be talking about on here for a while! Winner is also my favorite to book a December vacation in Houston. More than that, though, I think the winner of this game hoists some pretty hardware on that turf there at NRG.

Aguilafanatico
12-01-2015, 04:51 PM

I tend to agree though don't take alot of stock in HS point spreads. I did have a huge issue with Celina being favored by 1 over Argyle earlier in the year. Boy was I wrong.

waterboy
12-01-2015, 06:01 PM
LE certainly has the athletes to win this game, and may do just that. I can respect your pick, because you guys have seen LE. I lean a bit towards the Eagles because we faced them, and I know what a dogfight that was. I also know Argyle has one of the best coaching staffs in the state, and those kids are disciplined and peaking at the right time. But then again, LE appears to be playing at a high level, too ...

Oh, hell, it's going to be a terrific game — one we could be talking about on here for a while! Winner is also my favorite to book a December vacation in Houston. More than that, though, I think the winner of this game hoists some pretty hardware on that turf there at NRG.

You're certainly right about the coaching staff at Argyle. Absolutely no doubt about that. That staff has made Argyle a perennial contender, and a household name in Texas.

Yes, we faced Liberty-Eylau in our opener, and it was a shootout. Gilmer just never could put them away. They just kept coming back, and coming back, and things just got plenty uncomfortable for us for a while in the 4th quarter, and Gilmer's defense is very good. I see no reason to change my mind from what I saw that night, and what I've seen since. I don't know that they "will" beat Argyle, but I will say they have a very legit chance for sure. It's not really about the athletes that L-E has. They've always had superior athletes for 90% of the many years we've played them, but when you get a good coach like Steve Wells, and the staff he has assembled, to go along with that freakish athletic ability they always have, it makes for a much more capable team than years past.

We'll certainly see if L-E is ready this Friday night, because they are going to have to be prepared properly, completely focused, and have the mental toughness to complete their mission. That's a tall task for anybody going against a team like Argyle.

regaleagle
12-01-2015, 07:30 PM
Personally, I have the Argyle/LE game as a dead toss-up......simply because of all the reasons stated above. Who knows which team will actually win this game? Where is Argyle stronger THIS season than LE??? Where is LE stronger than Argyle? LE has more yards passing and running, but Argyle scores more points.....go figure. Well, short fields due to a quality defense and a superior kicking game lessens the yards. Offensive efficiency lessens the yards. LE probably didn't capitalize as much on their field positions and scoring opportunities as Argyle did this season. Both teams played tough schedules.....really hard to compare them, though. Any way you look at it......this game should be a toss-up. The crazy part is Argyle could win by 2 td's or more, and so could LE. You let Argyle get inside the 30 and there's a very high probability they are coming away with some points, unless they turn it over. That cannot be said by very many teams playing another quality team. Caleb Holt missed his only kick of the season on a 37 yd field goal against Kennedale in that blowing hard rain.....against the wind. He's 16-17 on field goals this season(I think) and 66-66 on extra points, or something like that.....he's perfect anyways. And then you have him and Estrada both kicking the kickoffs out of the endzone for touchbacks all season. That makes the opposing offense hafta go 75 yds to score just about every time Argyle kicks to them , and Argyle averages over 50 pts/game......so they're kicking off a lot. Then Estrada punts that rugby style and puts it deep almost every time.....or even out of bounds inside the 20 on the shorter ones. Kicking game for Argyle, folks......best in 4A without a doubt. That equates to serious inequity in field position which helps both the Eagles defense and then their offense(short fields, or not so long fields). Then there's the field goal threat......a real advantage in the playoffs.

hollywood
12-01-2015, 08:10 PM

I think Argyle will win by 14, no problem

lostaussie
12-01-2015, 09:48 PM
I think Argyle will win by 14, no problem

Me thinks you crazy, and that not saying LE wins, but I don't think nuttin coming easy in this game.