PDA

View Full Version : Pep Rallies!

LogieJoeBean001
11-14-2003, 03:21 PM
The excitement is building and we're getting ready for Pep Rally! Does everyone still have Pep Rallies every week and what kind of things does everybody do? i.e. skit, music, drill team, other things.... I heard that my hometown doesn't have Pep Rallies every week anymore... boy was I sad. We used to have some humdingers and would just about bring down the gym. They were in the morning before school and the gym was still always filled to capacity.

In my new adopted town, we have them every Friday, but at the end of the day. Sometimes in the gym and sometimes at the football stadium. We used to have a big one downtown for Homecoming, but have that one at the stadium now, as well.

I would like to hear how other folks rally their teams!

<small>[ November 14, 2003, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: LogieJoeBean001 ]</small>

CatWoman
11-14-2003, 03:52 PM
Ballinger's 's pep rallies are really unique. For one thing, they are held in the auditorium, not the gym. That is one of the Ballinger traditions. They are at 10:30 in the morning and people from the community go to them as well as the student body.

HoRnEt_CG
11-14-2003, 04:31 PM
CAldwell's pep rallies are held in the Gym. The cheerleaders perform cheers, the drill team dances and the Color guard sometimes does routines. We also play SHIPS & SAILORS! it's preety fun. The band does chant's(HEY). Also at the near end the Seniors go down on the gym floor and the band plays our Alma Mater and our Fight song.

Ranger Mom
11-14-2003, 04:44 PM
Greenwood has a pep rally on Fridays. The cheerleaders cheer, the band plays, there is usually a skit or some kind of game (involving members of the crowd) and there is a guest motivational speaker.