PDA

View Full Version : Cuero Gobblers vs. Sinton Pirates Saturday 8:00 PM Alamodome

sinfan75
11-28-2015, 08:43 PM
Rematch time!!

Blue42
11-28-2015, 09:41 PM
Rematch time!!

Yes and with a much different outcome this time.
Go Mean Green !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-28-2015, 10:11 PM

Sinton will be ready

SintonYoda
11-29-2015, 12:15 AM

that's what you said the last couple of years.

pirate4state
11-29-2015, 12:49 AM
Love that it comes down to D15 :clap: :clap:

Gonna be some hard hitting going on in this game!

Go Pirates!!!

Blue42
11-29-2015, 04:24 AM
that's what you said the last couple of years.

Not me but I will say it now.
Go Mean Green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2015, 09:52 AM
Underdog role is fine for this group of seniors, they've been underdogs last two times in this round, no problem Gobblers are peaking with their young talent.

GUNHO
11-29-2015, 11:17 AM
Two football rich traditions going after it.Hope we get to play one of you.We have never played Cuero and I have always dreamed of that match up.Cuero...just kind of rolls off your tongue doesn't it.Anyway good luck to both.

GobblersUnite
11-29-2015, 11:22 AM
Underdog role is fine for this group of seniors, they've been underdogs last two times in this round, no problem Gobblers are peaking with their young talent.

The Gobblers (8-5) are the underdogs with three straight losses to the undefeated and state ranked Pirates.

pirate4state
11-29-2015, 04:07 PM
The Gobblers (8-5) are the underdogs with three straight losses to the undefeated and state ranked Pirates.

This might have been true if we still had our starting QB, but as it is, I think we can call this a push because both our defenses are very stingy!
Plus our teams know each other very well, still I think a lot of people will still consider us underdogs. Either way, we are just be happy to be alive & playing in December!

Matthew328
11-29-2015, 04:40 PM
If Everman loses tomorrow I'm gonna be at this game

Blue42
11-29-2015, 08:10 PM
This might have been true if we still had our starting QB, but as it is, I think we can call this a push because both our defenses are very stingy!
Plus our teams know each other very well, still I think a lot of people will still consider us underdogs. Either way, we are just be happy to be alive & playing in December!

Last time we played our starting QB was knocked out in the first series of downs.Our back up QB was injured in the game before and Taylor had just started to take snaps as back up so we were at a disadvantage on plays to run on O the whole game we have all 3 healthy now. Also our starting QB is starting DB and a good one at that.
Go Mean Green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2015, 08:42 PM
Last time we played our starting QB was knocked out in the first series of downs.Our back up QB was injured in the game before and Taylor had just started to take snaps as back up so we were at a disadvantage on plays to run on O the whole game we have all 3 healthy now. Also our starting QB is starting DB and a good one at that.
Go Mean Green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!He got injured in the 2nd qtr.

Old Green
11-29-2015, 08:56 PM
Sinton will be the home team.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2015, 09:17 PM
Some history of both programs in Region IV history:

Region IV Championship games appearances since 1980
1. Cuero Gobblers ------------------------13
2. Sinton Pirates --------------------------12

Region IV Championship games appearances since 2000
1. Sinton Pirates --------------------------9
2. Cuero Gobblers ------------------------6

This will be the 17th meeting between the teams
Sinton 9 wins Cuero 7 wins

Sinton has won the last 3 meetings in 2013,2014 and 2015

Playoff meetings this will be the 7th meeting
Sinton 3 wins Cuero 3 wins

Last meeting at the Alamo Dome was 2004 unbeaten Cuero team beating a 11-2 Sinton team 31-0.
That year both teams faced each other earlier in the year with Cuero winning at home 35-28.

Note on this year, both team defenses holding both offensives to their lowest score total of the year in the first meeting a Sinton 14-10 win at Sinton.

Good luck to both, should be a great game come Saturday.

pirate4state
11-29-2015, 11:32 PM
Some history of both programs in Region IV history:

Region IV Championship games appearances since 1980
1. Cuero Gobblers ------------------------13
2. Sinton Pirates --------------------------12

Region IV Championship games appearances since 2000
1. Sinton Pirates --------------------------9
2. Cuero Gobblers ------------------------6

This will be the 17th meeting between the teams
Sinton 9 wins Cuero 7 wins

Sinton has won the last 3 meetings in 2013,2014 and 2015

Playoff meetings this will be the 7th meeting
Sinton 3 wins Cuero 3 wins

Last meeting at the Alamo Dome was 2004 unbeaten Cuero team beating a 11-2 Sinton team 31-0.
That year both teams faced each other earlier in the year with Cuero winning at home 35-28.

Note on this year, both team defenses holding both offensives to their lowest score total of the year in the first meeting a Sinton 14-10 win at Sinton.

Good luck to both, should be a great game come Saturday.

According to WOS87 histories this will be the 20th meeting between us.

Sinton 9 wins Cuero 10 wins

sourhern
11-29-2015, 11:34 PM
Let's hope for a series tie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2015, 11:40 PM
According to WOS87 histories this will be the 20th meeting between us.

Sinton 9 wins Cuero 10 winsI went with the KMAC broadcast in the first meeting they mention it was the 16th so just added one. I was thinking of backing it up with WOS87 info but got lazy and it got me lol. thanks Rita

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2015, 08:56 AM
yep just went through it and yep it's the 20th meeting with Cuero 10 wins and Sinton 9 wins. Rest is correct.

pirate4state
11-30-2015, 02:07 PM
yep just went through it and yep it's the 20th meeting with Cuero 10 wins and Sinton 9 wins. Rest is correct.

I'm rarely wrong :taunt: :D

sourhern
11-30-2015, 04:51 PM
I'm thinking Cuero walks away with a win

Breacher9
11-30-2015, 05:01 PM
I am gonna go with Sinton on this one. If Sinton can come out and Gorman throw the ball well to keep Cuero from stacking the box I see Sinton being balanced enough to win this game. Cuero shut down Sinton running the ball, late in the game sinton started to throw the ball and moved it down the field. Mark Villarreal #4 and Ethan Owens #40 need to have big games on the offensive side of the ball. #4 looked good at QB as well in the wildcat. I think Sinton's defense can keep them in the game if its a close one.

Another key note was that Cuero's QB went down in the 2nd quarter. He is back and healthy I believe.

PhiI C
11-30-2015, 05:07 PM
I am gonna go with Sinton on this one. If Sinton can come out and Gorman throw the ball well to keep Cuero from stacking the box I see Sinton being balanced enough to win this game. Cuero shut down Sinton running the ball, late in the game sinton started to throw the ball and moved it down the field. Mark Villarreal #4 and Ethan Owens #40 need to have big games on the offensive side of the ball. #4 looked good at QB as well in the wildcat. I think Sinton's defense can keep them in the game if its a close one.

Another key note was that Cuero's QB went down in the 2nd quarter. He is back and healthy I believe.

Yes it is reversed now. Our QB is out and this time their QB is in. Backups did a great job for both teams though.

GobblersUnite
11-30-2015, 05:44 PM

True. I hope the Sinton backup QB is as mobile as Cohea because I remember he had a difficulty at times getting the ball off and took some losses and sacks but it was his mobility that allowed the big play at the end to win. Great pass moving to his left...tremendous competitor btw! But as was stated above about the backup QBs playing well is correct but IMO the impact was and will be felt on the defensive end as Martinez is an outstanding safety as is Cohea and that is what hurt us late in the first meeting and could be a factor for Sinton this week. Saturday can't get here fast enough!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2015, 06:02 PM
True. I hope the Sinton backup QB is as mobile as Cohea because I remember he had a difficulty at times getting the ball off and took some losses and sacks but it was his mobility that allowed the big play at the end to win. Great pass moving to his left...tremendous competitor btw! But as was stated above about the backup QBs playing well is correct but IMO the impact was and will be felt on the defensive end as Martinez is an outstanding safety as is Cohea and that is what hurt us late in the first meeting and could be a factor for Sinton this week. Saturday can't get here fast enough!seem to remember a small sample for Sinton on offense, only had one play ran in the first qtr for a td and two offensive possession in 2nd qtr. Good job of Cuero of limiting Sinton offense with the ball. Villarreal doesn't get double coverage he'll be a big factor in this game again.

sourhern
11-30-2015, 11:33 PM
Sinton DB's r very suspect if Taylor gets snaps they will have to respect the offense it will keep their d honest

sourhern
11-30-2015, 11:33 PM
If*

chaingang
12-01-2015, 10:34 AM
Yes it is reversed now. Our QB is out and this time their QB is in. Backups did a great job for both teams though.

Awe man, what happened to Cohea??? Heck of an athlete!!

Old Green
12-01-2015, 11:23 AM
Awe man, what happened to Cohea??? Heck of an athlete!!I believe he's out with a broken collarbone.

Breacher9
12-01-2015, 11:31 AM
True. I hope the Sinton backup QB is as mobile as Cohea because I remember he had a difficulty at times getting the ball off and took some losses and sacks but it was his mobility that allowed the big play at the end to win. Great pass moving to his left...tremendous competitor btw! But as was stated above about the backup QBs playing well is correct but IMO the impact was and will be felt on the defensive end as Martinez is an outstanding safety as is Cohea and that is what hurt us late in the first meeting and could be a factor for Sinton this week. Saturday can't get here fast enough!

Not many high school football players are as mobile as Cohea lol so no he is not. Sinton needs to throw the ball more with Gorman, because he can throw a good ball and Wimb shut him down running the ball. As far as defensively, Villarreal has played free safety quite a bit this year for Cohea with him going both ways, and they dont fall off at all there as he is a better cover guy. They lose Villarreal at corner where he has started for 3 years, thats where I feel they will hurt. IF Cuero goes after those back up corners, it could be bad news. Wimberley started to late in the game, and they moved the ball. It is gonna be a good one!!!

Breacher9
12-01-2015, 11:32 AM
Awe man, what happened to Cohea??? Heck of an athlete!!

Broken collarbone against Llano

jp744
12-01-2015, 03:15 PM
Really good match up here! Both teams with rich playoff tradition. Both teams with excellent coaching staffs. I just think Cuero is hot right now and peeking at the right time. Sinton is banged up a bit but will play with all out effort as usual. I take Cuero by 7.

sourhern
12-01-2015, 09:26 PM
Really good match up here! Both teams with rich playoff tradition. Both teams with excellent coaching staffs. I just think Cuero is hot right now and peeking at the right time. Sinton is banged up a bit but will play with all out effort as usual. I take Cuero by 7.

I see the Gobblers putting up way more pts. They roll on to the next round

Mr. Football
12-02-2015, 09:33 AM
Cuero 28
Sinton 14

SintonFan_inAustin
12-02-2015, 10:17 AM
Sinton 1st string Defense td allowed per game

Game 1 vs Tuloso Midway 1 td
Game 2 vs Rockport Fultom 0 td
Game 3 vs Rio Hondo (game canceled)
Game 4 vs Beeville Jones 1 td
Game 5 vs La Vernia 0 td
Game 6 vs Raymondville 1 td
Game 7 vs Jourdanton 0 td
Game 8 vs Yoakum 2 td
Game 9 vs Cuero 0 td
Game 10 vs Ingleside 0 td
Game 11 vs Raymondville 0 td
Game 12 vs Llano 1 td
Game 13 vs Wimberley 2 td

Both time Sinton D gave up couple of tds the games were very similar, against Yoakum they gave up a td on fumble by offense then gave up two 4th qtr td after being up 21-6 4th qtr and against Wimberley gave up a td on fumble by offense and then gave up two 4th qtr td after being up 29-6.

Siinton defense should be up for the challenge again in giving up points.

Epicpirates
12-03-2015, 12:01 AM
I love when people pick us to lose...it makes the victory that much sweeter! We played, arguably, our worst game the last time we met up. Six turnovers and something like, 15 penalties, and we still pulled out the win. I'll pick our defense over any of the teams we've already played. Sinton by 14+. Go Pirates!

pirate4state
12-03-2015, 12:30 AM
I love when people pick us to lose...it makes the victory that much sweeter! We played, arguably, our worst game the last time we met up. Six turnovers and something like, 15 penalties, and we still pulled out the win. I'll pick our defense over any of the teams we've already played. Sinton by 14+. Go Pirates!

You are thinking of the Yoakum game. We did not have any turnovers in the Cuero game.

sourhern
12-03-2015, 12:30 AM

Secondary is to horrible for that they were bad the first time don't know why Cuero chose to run down the clock they should have passed on your C- DB's and ran up the score but o well Cuero wins this time 21+

sourhern
12-03-2015, 12:32 AM
You are thinking of the Yoakum game. We did not have any turnovers in the Cuero game.

I think Cuero had 2 turnovers one for the first td they scored then the "fumble where the back was down and the ref just gave to sinton" but that is out of our hands Cuero wins big this time

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2015, 12:35 AM
Secondary is to horrible for that they were bad the first time don't know why Cuero chose to run down the clock they should have passed on your C- DB's and ran up the score but o well Cuero wins this time 21+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkrun up the score lol! you have to score a td first for that.

sourhern
12-03-2015, 12:38 AM
This isn't the same Cuero team u seen in district these kids r ready to play bubba u will be very surprised by the outcome no ref can save u this time

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2015, 12:41 AM
This isn't the same Cuero team u seen in district these kids r ready to play bubba u will be very surprised by the outcome no ref can save u this time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk those teams didn't have the defense Sinton has

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2015, 12:43 AM
this will be like the first game, a defensive game. Gobblers have a great defense also.

sourhern
12-03-2015, 12:43 AM
sinrons Secondary is very weak how did wimberley get back in the game

sourhern
12-03-2015, 12:44 AM
Sinton*

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2015, 12:45 AM
sinrons Secondary is very weak how did wimberley get back in the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkthey play to soft with a lead just like against Yoakum they were both in 4th qtr before that they had no offense going in those games.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2015, 12:46 AM
Sinton*

59 more

sourhern
Cuero has a qb that runs n one that can throw and with out Martinez going down that td never happens at the end but they did need Taylor to throw but the clock management was a bust

pirate4state

lol the refs didn't save us :vrycnfsd:
our district game is irrelevant at this point.
both teams are different than they were 6 weeks ago!
both teams will be ready to play. the team that best executes their game plan will win.

GO PIRATES!

sourhern
12-03-2015, 12:48 AM
they play to soft with a lead just like against Yoakum they were both in 4th qtr before that they had no offense going in those games.

I can't argue with you there Cuero does take their foot off the gas to early and it hurts them or make games look closer than they were

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2015, 12:50 AM
Cuero has a qb that runs n one that can throw and with out Martinez going down that td never happens at the end but they did need Taylor to throw but the clock management was a bust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalktough to cover #4 He'll get chance to try and be part of a double coverage on him

here other teams that try to cover him last season as a junior http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2747075/highlights/253441382/v2

sourhern
12-03-2015, 12:55 AM
So he can find a hole in zone ok? If #5 for Cuero is on top no such luck for #4

sourhern
12-03-2015, 12:58 AM
Oh n you guys don't have great luck against Cuero in the dome

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2015, 01:00 AM

lol yea I remember that game

GobblersUnite
12-03-2015, 08:01 AM
lol the refs didn't save us :vrycnfsd:
our district game is irrelevant at this point.
both teams are different than they were 6 weeks ago!
both teams will be ready to play. the team that best executes their game plan will win.

GO PIRATES!

Well said....Saturday can't get here soon enough!

44INAROW
12-03-2015, 09:23 AM
I feel like I lost a few IQ points after reading some of these posts...

Saturday can't get here quick enough.....

GO MEAN GREEN :)

ccmom
12-03-2015, 09:49 AM

Let's get to the serious stuff...What is a "sourhern"? :confused:

sourhern
12-03-2015, 10:03 AM
Let's get to the serious stuff...What is a "sourhern"? :confused:

Why it's a mythical hunter my dear with tart facts at times maybe you like the responses maybe you don't

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ccmom
12-03-2015, 10:11 AM
Why it's a mythical hunter my dear with tart facts at times maybe you like the responses maybe you don't

Well, that cleared that right up!!:vrycnfsd::doh:

1stnurseryman
12-03-2015, 10:39 AM
Lol... I've laughed so hard my ribs hurt... Is there a disipher code for some of these post?

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2015, 10:59 AM
I just laugh at the "i cant wait for the games comments"

enjoy the week leading up to the game

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2015, 11:04 AM
R T on keyboard right next to each other ..... southern?

44INAROW
12-03-2015, 11:34 AM
I've heard that the game is going to be streamed with audio and video via nfhsnetwork. I will see what I can find out :)

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2015, 11:42 AM
I've heard that the game is going to be streamed with audio and video via nfhsnetwork. I will see what I can find out :)
video broadcast is a pay site
http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/uil/e51ed4736f

free audio broadcast
http://www.kmacsports.com/Broadcasts/gamecast/id/3448

pirate4state
12-03-2015, 12:14 PM

Yeah it is. Looks like almost all region final games will be. I'm excited to watch the CS/LV game!!!

bd62
12-03-2015, 01:13 PM

Wow where this Southern come from. Mental Drs. Could do a case study on this guy.

sourhern
12-03-2015, 03:26 PM
lol southern?

sourhern
12-03-2015, 03:38 PM
No I spelled it this way on purpose

chaingang
12-03-2015, 03:41 PM
Yeah it is. Looks like almost all region final games will be. I'm excited to watch the CS/LV game!!!

Our Live game will be free to watch at Texan Live. They do a desent job too. Of course its hard to beat Gary Stelly and cew with KOGT.com for the audio feed. Arguably one of the best HS broadcasters in the state of Texas.

Breacher9
12-03-2015, 03:55 PM

HMMM I would not say their secondary is horrible.. They had two 1st team all state kids in the secondary the first time around. Colton Cohea- Free safety and Mark Villarreal - Cornerback ... just stating facts here. Dont think they just hand out those kind of awards....

Breacher9
12-03-2015, 04:07 PM
So he can find a hole in zone ok? If #5 for Cuero is on top no such luck for #4

After watching that highlight that kid is special. And I am pretty sure most of those catches were against 1 on 1 coverage. #5 from cuero can't cover him 1 on 1 and nobody seems to have contained him since last year. Even West Orange Stark could not. IF Cuero does not double cover him he will have a big game. And that's IF as i stated before, the Gorman kid comes out throwing. I also seem to remember he caught every pass on that last drive against Cuero, and caught the game winning catch against 1 on 1 coverage. Heck of a throw by Cohea. This game will come down Cuero stopping Ethan Owens who is a beast and Mark Villarreal #4. Sinton stopping hopkins. Can't wait for Saturday!!

pirate4state
12-03-2015, 04:54 PM

952 this guy?

44INAROW
12-03-2015, 05:19 PM
952 this guy?

ROFL....
Is it Saturday yet? our internet is running at 15% at the office - not enough to run any of our working programs - been a total wasted day.... I needed this laught P4S :clap:

pirate4state
12-03-2015, 05:23 PM
ROFL....
Is it Saturday yet? our internet is running at 15% at the office - not enough to run any of our working programs - been a total wasted day.... I needed this laught P4S :clap:

Glad I could help! We are short staffed, but I decided to give myself a 10 minute break :nerd: :D

GUNHO
12-03-2015, 05:32 PM
I'd love to see this game but just a tad to far.Going to be a good one.

iFootball
12-03-2015, 05:34 PM
After watching that highlight that kid is special. And I am pretty sure most of those catches were against 1 on 1 coverage. #5 from cuero can't cover him 1 on 1 and nobody seems to have contained him since last year. Even West Orange Stark could not. IF Cuero does not double cover him he will have a big game. And that's IF as i stated before, the Gorman kid comes out throwing. I also seem to remember he caught every pass on that last drive against Cuero, and caught the game winning catch against 1 on 1 coverage. Heck of a throw by Cohea. This game will come down Cuero stopping Ethan Owens who is a beast and Mark Villarreal #4. Sinton stopping hopkins. Can't wait for Saturday!!

This game will come down to a lot more things than just Cuero stopping Owens. Both of these teams are very talented and athletic. You can't over look any of the weapons these teams have.

12thMan
12-03-2015, 07:11 PM
Cuero's defense is the real deal....much better than the first time they played this year. I know Sinton will be a tough team to beat!

Footballfan2000
12-03-2015, 08:03 PM
Going to be a tuff game gonna come down to what defense can get turnovers. Giving their offense a short field.

Breacher9
12-03-2015, 09:15 PM
This game will come down to a lot more things than just Cuero stopping Owens. Both of these teams are very talented and athletic. You can't over look any of the weapons these teams have.

I never said that was the ONLY thing that this game came down to. I was just stating the major points of emphasis each team would need to accomplish to win this game. Both of these teams are loaded with talent, or they would not be in the place they are now.

nfcfan
12-04-2015, 01:41 AM
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/12345668_907413386015298_2878452538071209887_n.jpg ?oh=7e799820244837d0bdda0fcbc3d2d424&oe=56DF769D

44INAROW
12-04-2015, 09:07 AM
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/12345668_907413386015298_2878452538071209887_n.jpg ?oh=7e799820244837d0bdda0fcbc3d2d424&oe=56DF769D

Nice job.....

pancho villa
12-04-2015, 10:10 AM
For all you non football knowing folks.

This game will come down to who blocks and tackles best.

sourhern
12-04-2015, 03:41 PM
For all you non football knowing folks.

This game will come down to who blocks and tackles best.

Isn't that every game also who scores the most

GUNHO
12-04-2015, 04:00 PM
Good luck to both.Hope we get to meet one of you next week.

garciap77
12-04-2015, 05:56 PM
Good luck to both teams too close to call!

Blue42
12-04-2015, 06:22 PM
S-a-t-u-r-d-a-y night s-a-t-u-r-d-a-y night s-a-t-u-r-d-a-y night
go mean green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2015, 06:54 PM
S-a-t-u-r-d-a-y night s-a-t-u-r-d-a-y night s-a-t-u-r-d-a-y night
go mean green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://956sports.com/forum/images/smilies/dance.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUID0jSh2Ic

Epicpirates
12-04-2015, 06:57 PM
It's always tough playing the same team twice. Sinton's defense has done well shutting down offenses. They did well not letting your #21 run all over us, and did well against your #5 until he got hurt. I feel like they had a more difficult time with your tall backup QB. He's a good athlete and was difficult to bring down. The one thing I know for sure is this will be a great and exciting game. Hopefully, it will be injury free. If Sinton plays a game free of turnovers, Pirates will make a return to the State Semi finals! Go Pirates!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2015, 06:57 PM
http://freeteams.com/files_public/0/69/files//DSC00362(1).JPG

SintonYoda
12-04-2015, 11:03 PM
i count agree more. GO PIRATES

WOS87
12-04-2015, 11:17 PM
Hurry up and play this game!!!!!

KingRob
12-04-2015, 11:59 PM

Very Nice! I keep staring at it.

rico
12-05-2015, 10:53 AM
Looking forward to watching this game.

OLE'BULL
12-05-2015, 03:08 PM
Nothing against Cuero but I have been a Sinton fan for almost 15 years now. I don't follow them extremely close or anything but will root for them in just about every game they play. l just wanted to show them some love, good luck today Pirates!!! I still think that never ending "S" is very cool, for what its worth haha!

1stnurseryman
12-05-2015, 07:27 PM
Pretty sure this is your 2nd time to say this..

1stnurseryman
12-05-2015, 07:29 PM
Between most if the posters from Bellville and EC y'all don't show us much love.. I call it envy

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2015, 08:41 PM
Less than 20 mins til game time. Both teams have gone through their pregame warmups.

Tejastrue
12-05-2015, 08:47 PM
Looking forward to it. Best of luck to your Pirates SFA...

speedbump
12-05-2015, 09:08 PM
Between most if the posters from Bellville and EC y'all don't show us much love.. I call it envy

Both EC posters picked the Gobblers to win this one.(Weekly picks on this site)

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2015, 09:24 PM
Good drive by the Gobblers for a td

Cuero 7 Sinton 0 2nd qtr 11:18

Old Green
12-05-2015, 09:24 PM
2nd qtr

Cuero 7
Sinton 0

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2015, 09:38 PM
Nice pass just over defender for td for Cuero

Cuero 14 Sinton 0 5:03 2nd qtr

Old Green
12-05-2015, 09:39 PM
2nd qtr 5:03 left in the qtr

Cuero 14

Sinton 0

OLE'BULL
12-05-2015, 09:43 PM
Pretty sure this is your 2nd time to say this..

Me? Get over yourself bud. Not sure your statement is accurate and would love for you to show me. And don't just re-post something where I say "go sinton blah blah". I also didn't realize there was a limit on how much I could show support for another team. In Bellville it's called class and sportsmanship.

1stnurseryman
12-05-2015, 09:44 PM
If you say so

OLE'BULL
12-05-2015, 09:46 PM

Again, get over yourself. IF y'all beat Sinton, which y'all are doing now so congrats, your season will end next week in a nasty fashion. I will bet the farm (if I had one!) on that. Everyone (including Sinton folk) are smart enough to realize Region 4 is no Region 3. Not even close. It's not envy bud...

sourhern
12-05-2015, 09:47 PM
Guess Hopkins is a lil better than u thought #focused

1stnurseryman
12-05-2015, 09:52 PM
Again, get over yourself. IF y'all beat Sinton, which y'all are doing now so congrats, your season will end next week in a nasty fashion. I will bet the farm (if I had one!) on that. Everyone (including Sinton folk) are smart enough to realize Region 4 is no Region 3. Not even close. It's not envy bud...
Looks like I was right ..... Big case of envy!!!!

OLE'BULL
12-05-2015, 09:54 PM
Looks like I was right ..... Big case of envy!!!!

Looks like you were right? Oh geez I'm confused now...

1stnurseryman
12-05-2015, 09:55 PM
Looks like you were right? Oh geez I'm confused now...

Maybe you still dazed and confused from last night..

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2015, 09:58 PM
Good play calling by Cuero, Sinton defense getting stretch sideline to sideline. Sinton is able to stop the long td play but getting driven on so far.

Sinton qb going to have make his throws he'll most likely be a pure passing qb next season.

Cuero 14 Sinton 0 Halftime

Sinton gets ball first in 2nd half

Tejastrue
12-05-2015, 09:58 PM
careful..

sourhern
12-05-2015, 09:59 PM

Woah what happen to the having class talk

Tejastrue
12-05-2015, 10:02 PM
lol..sourhern talking about class

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2015, 10:02 PM
Last year WOS team steam roll region 3 in playoffs. Sinton and WOS were tied at 21 going to 4th qtr.

Region 4 rep will be a better challenge in semis than region 3 opponents. WOS will be favored no doubt but they'll be in a game.

OLE'BULL
12-05-2015, 10:03 PM
Maybe you still dazed and confused from last night..

Not here bud, my head was good and clear by about mid way through the 3rd quarter when I realized we were going to get stomped. I'm a homer to the core but also a realist. We got beat by the much better team. Sorry to draw the attention away from the game Sinton folks, I was just defending us lowly Bellville folk. "Maybe YOU still dazed and confused"?!?! Geez literally just two more letters and an apostrophe would have made that sentence work. . I guess he won't explain my envy so like I said, go Pirates!!!

sourhern
12-05-2015, 10:03 PM
lol..sourhern talking about class

Lol

Tejastrue
12-05-2015, 10:06 PM
so you get it...

KingRob
12-05-2015, 10:07 PM
LET'S GO CUERO!!!
:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:

OLE'BULL
12-05-2015, 10:08 PM
Last year WOS team steam roll region 3 in playoffs. Sinton and WOS were tied at 21 going to 4th qtr.

Region 4 rep will be a better challenge in semis than region 3 opponents. WOS will be favored no doubt but they'll be in a game.

Come on SinFan you know I root for and keep up with my Pirates! That game ended pretty out of reach for a semi-final game. Let's not get into that and focus on taking care of these Turkeys tonight! Good luck guys!

lostaussie
12-05-2015, 10:11 PM
Well this thread took a turn......

sourhern
12-05-2015, 10:13 PM
I think we need a group therapy session

Old Green
12-05-2015, 10:14 PM
Sinton has 1 first down and 12 yards offense so far

sourhern
12-05-2015, 10:14 PM
Sinton has 1 first down and 12 yards offense so far

Figured

1stnurseryman
12-05-2015, 10:18 PM
Come on SinFan you know I root for and keep up with my Pirates! That game ended pretty out of reach for a semi-final game. Let's not get into that and focus on taking care of these Turkeys tonight! Good luck guys!

so you get it...

Yes I get to root for my team and you... y'all broke out the round ball 2 weeks ago

1stnurseryman
12-05-2015, 10:20 PM
Not trying to confuse u OB that was for Testi

OLE'BULL
12-05-2015, 10:26 PM
Not trying to confuse u OB that was for Testi

I caught it nurseryman. I knew you were crazy, but not that crazy! Haha, just ribbing you. But you do know I am fond of Sinton and have been for 15 years right? If you didn't know I can tell you one last time?

Tejastrue
Yes I get to root for my team and you... y'all broke out the round ball 2 weeks ago

This was not meant for you but I think your comment addressed last week. We are doing okay thus far in BB.

Sinton16
LET'S GO PIRATES! Really wish I could be there!

Old Green
12-05-2015, 10:29 PM
3rd qtr 9:09 left in the qtr

Kamron Mathis td

Cuero 21 Sinton 0

SintonFan
12-05-2015, 10:31 PM
Come on Pirates! Kick it up a notch!!! ������

Old Green
12-05-2015, 10:34 PM
Sinton completes pass to Cuero 15 yd line

Zeke intercepts Gorman and returns ball to the 46 yd line

1stnurseryman
12-05-2015, 10:35 PM
I caught it nurseryman. I knew you were crazy, but not that crazy! Haha, just ribbing you. But you do know I am fond of Sinton and have been for 15 years right? If you didn't know I can tell you one last time?

Lol.. I'm fond of them too when we're not playing them.. Hell I was pulling for y'all last night.. WOS D were so fast off the line if scrimmage.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2015, 10:46 PM
Cuero 21 Sinton 0 end of 3

OLE'BULL
12-05-2015, 10:54 PM
Lol.. I'm fond of them too when we're not playing them.. Hell I was pulling for y'all last night.. WOS D were so fast off the line if scrimmage.

WOS is just too good. They aren't big but the are big enough, fast, tough, have moxy, their strong, just about everything you need to be great except "big". But hell most high school teams aren't big these days, must be something in the water...

Old Green
12-05-2015, 10:58 PM
6:15 left in the game

Cuero21

Sinton 0

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2015, 11:01 PM
Nice run by qb that was all him there to avoid the 1st defender.

Cuero 28 Sinton 0 4th qtr 6:05

Good job by Gobblers great game well deserved win

sourhern
12-05-2015, 11:05 PM
#4 and 40 were non factors Cuero is just better

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2015, 11:07 PM
#4 and 40 were non factors Cuero is just better

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkGood job defense they stop them.

Old Green
12-05-2015, 11:12 PM
Final

Cuero 28

Sinton 0

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2015, 11:12 PM
Cuero 28 Sinton 0 Final

Congrats Cuero, be rooting for yall next game.

Great season Pirates and thanks to seniors for their good run and keeping Sinton tradition going.

Old Green
12-05-2015, 11:21 PM
Cuero 28 Sinton 0 Final

Great season Pirates and thanks to seniors for their good run and keeping Sinton tradition going.Congrats to the Pirates o agreat season

OLE'BULL
12-05-2015, 11:22 PM
Cuero 28 Sinton 0 Final

Great season Pirates and thanks to seniors for their good run and keeping Sinton tradition going.

Damn the bad luck SinFan. Cuero must be the real deal. Since I was a Sophmore in high school (I'm now 30!) I have always gotten a sinking feeling in my gut when a good team goes down (especially Bellville!) It is such a joy to be a Texas High School Football fan but it comes with its share of pain. Sinton will always be Sinton and will be back in the dance next year. Good luck to your Seniors and get next years squad ready to pick up where they left off! Take care Pirates.

KingRob
12-05-2015, 11:23 PM
WOW! What a great win for the Gobblers!

LET'S GO CUERO!!!
:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:

PhiI C
12-05-2015, 11:40 PM
Thank you for a great season Pirates.

PhiI C
12-05-2015, 11:41 PM
Congrats to the Pirates o agreat season

Congratulations to Cuero on the win and best of luck to them and WOS next week.

Old Green
12-05-2015, 11:49 PM
Partial game Stats given by the statistician

Sinton
3 firstdowns
-27 yards rushing on 6 att.
98 yds. passing, 10-26-1

Cuero
20 firstdowns
330 yds. rushing on 49 att.
84 yds. passing, 10-11-0

bobcat1
12-05-2015, 11:56 PM
Cuero 28 Sinton 0 Final

Well I'll be. Great Season Sinton. Heckuva a win Cuero. Next up West Orange Stark.

44INAROW
12-06-2015, 12:47 AM
Cuero 28 Sinton 0 Final

Thank you SFIA. I am a Pirate fan unless we are playing head up...I know some folks (both towns) don't feel that way, but I do. I'm very fond of Rick Owens and only wish any team he's associated with, well.
Some people could learn sportsmanship from you. It'd be nice if we could enjoy the victory for a few hours before someone tells how bad we are going to lose next week. Jeez. I just consider the source and move on..

Way to go Gobblers..... So proud to of the team for never Giving up.

Party at WOS87's house😜💚

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SintonFan
12-06-2015, 12:58 AM
Thank you SFIA. I am a Pirate fan unless we are playing head up...I know some folks (both towns) don't feel that way, but I do. I'm very fond of Rick Owens and only wish any team he's associated with, well.
Some people could learn sportsmanship from you. It'd be nice if we could enjoy the victory for a few hours before someone tells how bad we are going to lose next week. Jeez. I just consider the source and move on..

Party at WOS87's house

Congratulations Gobblers on the win and the Region 4 title! Good luck next week. I'll be rooting for ya'll guys! :)

Thank you Mighty Sinton Pirates on a great season!!! You came up a little short, but nothing to be disappointed about with the run like you guys have had! I wish you seniors continued success in your future endeavors! :) :)

Footballfan2000
12-06-2015, 01:14 AM
As much as I would have loved Sinton to win Cuero is the best team to represent region 4. Congrats and good luck next week Cuero

GobblersUnite
12-06-2015, 02:09 AM
Noticed Martinez, Hopkins and Oglesby giving hugs to Knox after the game.....tons of respect. Great programs on the field tonight!

bd62
12-06-2015, 02:31 AM
Noticed Martinez, Hopkins and Oglesby giving hugs to Knox after the game.....tons of respect. Great programs on the field tonight!

I noticed that also. What a fine group of Srs on both teams that have had some great battles but tons of respect. Congs to Sinton for a great season. Great game by the Gobblers. Dist 15 respecting R-4 again.

sourhern
12-06-2015, 03:08 AM
Did anyone congratulate that owens kid after his video

sourhern
12-06-2015, 03:38 AM

Sad thing is you're gonna have to update the win/loss numbers now

1stnurseryman
12-06-2015, 09:54 AM
Dude enjoy the win with class

Gobbler Fan
12-06-2015, 09:58 AM
http://www.caller.com/sports/high-school/football/healthy-gobblers-top-sinton-28-0-in-state-quarters-25c8391a-16d5-7a03-e053-0100007fdc04-360702361.html

SAN ANTONIO — It might be easy to point to a lack of focus, lack of breaks or lack of what-have-yous for Sinton's 28-0 loss to fellow District 15-4A Division II foe Cuero in the Region IV Division II championship game Saturday night in the Alamodome.

A more accurate assessment would be these weren't the same Gobblers that lost to the sixth-ranked Pirates during district.

Cuero was dominant in ending Sinton's bid for a second consecutive trip to the state semifinals, limiting the Pirates to 71 yards and three first downs. A healthy flock of Gobblers certainly had the upper hand than the injury-plagued crew that lost to Sinton 14-10 on a last-second touchdown in October.

"It was just little things. We didn't tackle as well as we have I'd say all year long," Sinton coach Tom Allen said. "At this point in the game you're supposed to be as good as you can be. But give them a lot of credit. That's a good football team, we knew they were.

"They were so bunged up early in the year. They got back healthy for us and we were able to squeak out a victory in district," said Allen, whose Pirates end the year at 12-1. "But they're healthy and they're on all cylinders."

The Gobblers will need it next week. After starting the season 2-4, Cuero (9-5) will play West Orange-Stark in the Division II semifinals, the same team that ousted Sinton a year ago. Despite four turnovers, the eighth-ranked Mustangs (13-1) dominated the second half and routed Bellville 42-3 for the Region III title Friday night in New Caney.

Cuero had a much similar time against the Pirates. Sinton had no defensive answer for quarterback Elex Martinez, who rushed for 151 yards and a touchdown, nor for stopping Zach Hopkins (84 yards, one TD) and Kamron Mathis (36 yards, one TD).

"Our game plan was based on No. 5, their quarterback," Sinton linebacker C.J. Zepeda said. "He did a good job of keeping us unbalanced. It kind of messed us up."

The Gobblers ran 59 plays compared to 31 for Sinton and held a whopping advantage in time of possession, holding the ball for 35 minutes, 56 seconds.

"The pressure's always on, whether they're driving the ball down on our defense or not," Sinton wideout Ethan Owens said. "We always have to produce. When we can't produce that keeps our defense on the field and that's not what we want. We want to be there scoring as much as we can. They knew that and they played it to their advantage."

Ironically, Cuero didn't need a lot of time to essentially ice the game with a four-play drive in the third quarter. Mathis' 40-yard run down a row of blockers gave the Gobblers a 21-0 lead after Isaiah Mungia's point-after kick.

Sinton went three-and-out five times as the Cuero front keyed by Philip Taylor and Caeveon Patton harassed Sinton quarterback Colt Gorman all night.

"We knew we were going have trouble with them up front, we knew that. You know, I think sometimes you just don't respond as well as you like for some things," Allen said. "Their physicality up front, we didn't match it as well as we needed to. But our kids fought their tails off. Sometimes you go into a knife fight and you've got a toothpick with you and that's all you got."

Once Sinton got something going offensively on Gorman's 47-yard pass to Andrew McGowan in the third quarter, Hopkins intercepted a pass on the next play.

"We had some times where we could've got something going but we couldn't take advantage of it," Owens said. "We have to grab every opportunity. We just didn't reach out and grab for it."

Martinez's 27-yard run following Sinton's final three-and-out capped the scoring with 6:05 remaining.

To say the least, the first half was a precursor of things to come, despite the Gobblers only holding a 14-0 lead. They consumed 19:11 off the clock and ran 34 plays compared to 12 for Sinton. Cuero's edge in total yards (249-10) illustrated its dominance. The lone factor stinging the Gobblers were penalties – they were flagged five times for 40 yards in the first 24 minutes.

"We were all getting winded," Zepeda said. "But 14 points in the first half is not that bad. But yeah, we were pretty tired."

While Cuero had its way with the ground game, the Pirates could do little offensively. Their first two series lasted all of 2:50 and ended with Owens' punts. Sinton didn't record its initial first down until 4:19 remained in the half, and that is when it totaled the bulk of its yardage – 13. That drive, too, ended with a punt from Cuero's 47.

Cuero took a 7-0 lead, using 6:16 to travel a modest 55 yards. With Martinez, Grant and Hopkins leading the way, with an occasional pass tossed in, the Gobblers didn't have to convert a first down in scoring on Hopkins' 2-yard run 42 seconds into the second quarter. Mungia's point-after kick gave the Gobblers the lead.

Sinton went three-and-out again, managing minus-1 yard, and Cuero was pinned at its 18 after Owens' 40-yard punt and an illegal-block penalty.

It mattered not. Martinez constructed an 82-yard drive built almost exclusively on the ground. Key in the march was Martinez's 22-yard run on an option keeper and a 15-yarder in which he followed a row of blockers to the Sinton 14.

Three plays later, Cuero finally had to convert a third down — and scored on it. Martinez dumped a swing pass to Grant, who dove into the end zone to complete the 6-yard scoring play with 5:03 before halftime. Mungia's PAT kick gave the Gobblers a 14-0 lead.

The Gobblers drove to the Sinton 20 in the final 3:04 and apparently had converted on fourth and 2 when Hopkins picked up 12 yards. But a holding call negated the gain and the half expired.

CLASS 4A DIVISION II STATE QUARTERFINAL

CUERO 21, SINTON 0

Cuero 0 14 7 7 — 28

Sinton 0 0 0 0 — 0

Second quarter

C — Zach Hopkins 2 run (Isaiah Mungia kick), 11:18

C — Keiran Grant 6 pass from Elex Martinez (Mungia kick), 5:03

Third quarter

C — Kamron Mathis 40 run (Mungia kick), 9:09

Fourth quarter

C — Martinez 27 run (Mungia kick), 6:05

Cuero Sinton

First downs 19 3

Rushes-yards 49-297 6-(-26)

Passes 9-10-0 10-25-1

Yards Passing 75 97

Punts 2-46.0 6-35.2

Fumbles-lost 0-0 0-0

Penalties-yards 8-70 1-5

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING — Cuero, Martinez 19-151, Grant 4-2, Jordan Whittington 2-27, Hopkins 13-84, Mathis 10-36; Sinton, Lennie Sifuentes 2-(minus-2), Colt Gorman 4-(minus-24).

PASSING — Cuero, Martinez 9-10-0—75; Sinton, Colt Gorman 10-25-1—97.

RECEIVING — Cuero, Grant 5-44, Whittington 4-31; Sinton, Ethan Owens 5-32, Andrew McGowan 2-53, Jonathan Castillo 1-2, Mark Villarreal 2-10.

Twitter: @Caller_GeorgeV

iFootball
12-06-2015, 09:59 AM
Dude enjoy the win with class

My thoughts exactly.

Gobbler Fan
12-06-2015, 10:06 AM
The toothpick quote is a classic :clap:

Good game by both teams but Cuero had the answer in this game. Sinton was missing their QB and it was quite noticeable in the game but Cuero's D was stout from the beginning to the end. The Seniors for Sinton have nothing to hang their head about as they put Sinton deep in the playoffs year in and year out. Two very good teams played and one had to lose and to our Seniors this had to feel good to finally get over the Sinton hump and in a big way. Go Mean Green :2thumbsup

rico
12-06-2015, 10:22 AM
Was #5 for Cuero the starting QB at the beginning of the season? Is he a sophomore?

1st and goal
12-06-2015, 10:28 AM
Congrats to Cuero (and to Sinton for their good run). Cuero has impressed me now, 2 weeks in a row, facing "so called" tougher competition and proving themselves in 2 great games where there was no mistaking which team was better in their respective games. It is cool to see their improvement over the season, and now is a great time to peak.

tango
12-06-2015, 11:07 AM
He was starting QB at beginning of year, however he had some injuries that limited his time on the field and slowed him a bit when he was able to play, he is a senior. A big peace of this team is how young they are, that is reason for early growing pains. First of the year at one of the booster club meeting I heard someone say that only a handful (5-6) players had started in the position that they play this year previous years(s) and most were first time starters at varsity level. The Cuero coaches have done a great job of bringing this young team up to where they are now. Though the seniors are greatly outnumbered their leadership is the key to their success.

rico
12-06-2015, 11:39 AM
Ok, thanks Tango. I was really impressed by Cuero's skill players. Saw them beat my Port Isabel Tarpons and I will be rooting for you against WOS, good luck.

sourhern
12-06-2015, 02:46 PM
Woah dirty sinton player #4 http://youtu.be/hpgjEUgCNQc

SintonFan_inAustin
12-06-2015, 04:24 PM
Damn the bad luck SinFan. Cuero must be the real deal. Since I was a Sophmore in high school (I'm now 30!) I have always gotten a sinking feeling in my gut when a good team goes down (especially Bellville!) It is such a joy to be a Texas High School Football fan but it comes with its share of pain. Sinton will always be Sinton and will be back in the dance next year. Good luck to your Seniors and get next years squad ready to pick up where they left off! Take care Pirates.Seen a lot of Cuero teams over the years and after seeing them 3 times this season they're getting better each week and resemble some of those teams from their past history, they'll give a good challenge to WOS. WOS is the favorite but that wont mean anything once the game gets going.

Sinton will most likely change a bit maybe offensively as their qb will be a passing qb next season. Glad he got 2 games under his belt against two good defenses, Wimberley showed some pretty good pressure on him in the 2nd half in that first game and Cuero put good pressure on him every time his first look wasn't there.

Good luck to Brahmas next season seen yall over the years also very good program.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-06-2015, 04:32 PM

Party at WOS87's house����

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HDsame here I was in that game last week in that crazy rain cheering Gobblers on in that game, seen Cuero games over the years when Sinton wasn't in the playoffs and when they played on different days. Yea some it takes a few days or weeks to get over a loss by their team which is perfectly normal. We all know Region IV doesn't get much respect so hopefully this Cuero team can gain some this coming Saturday for Region IV.

12thMan
12-06-2015, 07:10 PM
I rarely do stuff like this...and I know Sinton fans on here are good sports when they loose. Sinton played very dirty. Late hit after late hit...it was terrible. But #4 needs to be called out for stomping on out running backs leg. NOT COOL! If any of you Sinton fans know #4, you need to watch this. Pull him aside and talk to him. If that were my son, I would have pulled him put of the game myself!!! Here it is..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpgjEUgCNQc&feature=youtu.be

1stnurseryman
12-06-2015, 07:29 PM
Sometimes a young man acts out in frustration doesn't mean they're a dirty player... That's what make high school sports great it's a learning tool..

MUSTANG69
12-06-2015, 07:40 PM
Sometimes a young man acts out in frustration doesn't mean they're a dirty player... That's what make high school sports great it's a learning tool..

Maybe he did do this out of frustration but there should be consequences for this type of action. That is part of learning also.

1stnurseryman
12-06-2015, 07:43 PM
Never said there shouldn't be.... but he's being thrown under the bus on an open forum not very cool..

Gobbler Fan
12-06-2015, 07:50 PM
I was wondering why Hopkins teammates were pulling Hopkins away ...I noticed he had some words for someone from Sinton and he usually very calm. BTW no one threw #4 under the bus his actions did that for him. The late hits by Sinton were questionable but Cuero handled them the right way and let their talking be done by their play.

MUSTANG69
12-06-2015, 08:09 PM
Never said there shouldn't be.... but he's being thrown under the bus on an open forum not very cool..

I agree. Souhern's statement was over the top but not surprising based on his previous quotes. I think Cuero may have their own "Rocket".

Tejastrue
12-06-2015, 08:33 PM
If Hopkins had been injured, many on here would be singing a different tune. Would like to think this was reported to the governing bodies. No place for such a thing...ever.

sourhern
12-06-2015, 08:56 PM
You're right should be questioning the refs wondering y this kid wasn't kicked out

pirate4state
12-06-2015, 09:08 PM
Finally home from San Antonio. Not even going to bother reading some of the posts from earlier (at least not yet) because I am slowly getting over the complete spanking Cuero gave us last night. Sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade. I love my Pirates. Always have; always will, but we got beat and we got beat bad last night. I knew Cuero would give us fits, not just because we were down our starting QB, but because they were much more physical up front defensively. I knew our defense would be able to keep us in the game so long as our offense could move the ball. We all know how that turned out! Congratulations to the Gobblers on a great game and for continuing to work through all their injuries this season! :clap:

I am VERY PROUD of everything this Senior group has accomplished and they should be too! No one can take away what they accomplished. Like every Senior class before them, they will be missed! The freshman, sophomores & juniors on the team that gained valuable experiences and lessons need to start the new season NOW! Don't ever be satisfied with just making it on varsity or being called up -- you have to put in the work & and show passion & effort to EARN your spot next year! Nothing is promised!

Best of luck to the Gobblers next week!

12thMan
12-06-2015, 09:09 PM
My goal was not to throw him under the bus...but he did it out in the open and this was recorded on tv. I think it should be brought out in the open because it happened out in the open. High School kids make stupid mistakes, they learn by not getting away with them. Buy the way, I did not throw him under the bus, the video is all over Facebook. I hope a coach pulls him aside!

Tejastrue
12-06-2015, 09:17 PM
Finally home from San Antonio. Not even going to bother reading some of the posts from earlier (at least not yet) because I am slowly getting over the complete spanking Cuero gave us last night. Sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade. I love my Pirates. Always have; always will, but we got beat and we got beat bad last night. I knew Cuero would give us fits, not just because we were down our starting QB, but because they were much more physical up front defensively. I knew our defense would be able to keep us in the game so long as our offense could move the ball. We all know how that turned out! Congratulations to the Gobblers on a great game and for continuing to work through all their injuries this season! :clap:

I am VERY PROUD of everything this Senior group has accomplished and they should be too! No one can take away what they accomplished. Like every Senior class before them, they will be missed! The freshman, sophomores & juniors on the team that gained valuable experiences and lessons need to start the new season NOW! Don't ever be satisfied with just making it on varsity or being called up -- you have to put in the work & and show passion & effort to EARN your spot next year! Nothing is promised!

love it...well said..:clap:

lostaussie
12-06-2015, 09:17 PM

Always classy.........in victory and in defeat. Some should take lessons. :kiss:

44INAROW
12-06-2015, 09:32 PM
Always classy.........in victory and in defeat. Some should take lessons. :kiss:

Amen.. Well said P4S and Lost....Good thing about the nay-Sayers and smart asses, they usually leave as quickly as they showed up.......

Congrats to the Pirates on a great season..... Now get some well deserved SLEEP 😊

pirate4state
12-06-2015, 09:47 PM

Amen.. Well said P4S and Lost....Good thing about the nay-Sayers and smart asses, they usually leave as quickly as they showed up.......

Congrats to the Pirates on a great season..... Now get some well deserved SLEEP ��

thanks. I knew to stay away from everything last night. All day I've been thinking about what to say, but there isn't much to say after a game like that LOL :weeping:

I will say this...I NEVER WANT TO PLAY CUERO IN THE FREAKING ALAMODOME AGAIN!!!! EVER!!!

Tejastrue
12-06-2015, 11:12 PM
Hey..you must have had a hell of a time on the River Walk. lol Can't be all that bad...:clap:

Breacher9
12-07-2015, 11:22 AM
Woah dirty sinton player #4 http://youtu.be/hpgjEUgCNQc

sourhern you are nothing but a troll. This is the second forum I have seen you posting this video. Many people in Sinton know #4 and he has been a great player for Sinton starting both way for 3 years. Been a leader for this team for the past 3 runs they have made. He is a 17 year old high school kid and he made a mistake. A very big mistake and by the looks of it out of frustration. He is a great kid that comes from a good family. Competes in every sport and helped his baseball team reach the state tournament. He has never shown to be a dirty player before this incident, it would be different if this was ongoing throughout his career. He has personally apologized to Hopkins and told him it was a lapse of judgement. But for you to go on open forums, create a video and try to crucify the kid to prove a point that "they play dirty", you sir are a joke. I do not know what you are trying to accomplish by attacking a child. The game of football is a physical football game. If you have ever been under the pile as a player many dirty things happen on the football field. It is part of the game, punches being thrown, ankles being twisted, and many other things. I am in no way saying that it is acceptable, but it does happen, and has been happening since football began. This kid was just unlucky enough for some person to take the time to make a youtube video of it because he has no life but trying to destroy a kids reputation. Going to forums and social media in the hopes to prove what? He is a kid, not some highly paid NFL player. He made a mistake. In all, his actions showed a lapse of judgement, for which he apologized to the only person that matters, #21 Hopkins. Get a life sourhern.

Bullaholic
12-07-2015, 12:01 PM
Finally home from San Antonio. Not even going to bother reading some of the posts from earlier (at least not yet) because I am slowly getting over the complete spanking Cuero gave us last night. Sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade. I love my Pirates. Always have; always will, but we got beat and we got beat bad last night. I knew Cuero would give us fits, not just because we were down our starting QB, but because they were much more physical up front defensively. I knew our defense would be able to keep us in the game so long as our offense could move the ball. We all know how that turned out! Congratulations to the Gobblers on a great game and for continuing to work through all their injuries this season! :clap: I am VERY PROUD of everything this Senior group has accomplished and they should be too! No one can take away what they accomplished. Like every Senior class before them, they will be missed! The freshman, sophomores & juniors on the team that gained valuable experiences and lessons need to start the new season NOW! Don't ever be satisfied with just making it on varsity or being called up -- you have to put in the work & and show passion & effort to EARN your spot next year! Nothing is promised! Best of luck to the Gobblers next week! This is the way you lose and talk about it with class, folks....and this comes from a die-hard Sinton fan gal who speaks her mind honestly, and you would want in your foxhole during a battle. Congrats to Cuero for the win, and to Sinton for another great season.

1st and goal
12-07-2015, 12:21 PM
sourhern you are nothing but a troll. This is the second forum I have seen you posting this video. Many people in Sinton know #4 and he has been a great player for Sinton starting both way for 3 years. Been a leader for this team for the past 3 runs they have made. He is a 17 year old high school kid and he made a mistake. A very big mistake and by the looks of it out of frustration. He is a great kid that comes from a good family. Competes in every sport and helped his baseball team reach the state tournament. He has never shown to be a dirty player before this incident, it would be different if this was ongoing throughout his career. He has personally apologized to Hopkins and told him it was a lapse of judgement. But for you to go on open forums, create a video and try to crucify the kid to prove a point that "they play dirty", you sir are a joke. I do not know what you are trying to accomplish by attacking a child. The game of football is a physical football game. If you have ever been under the pile as a player many dirty things happen on the football field. It is part of the game, punches being thrown, ankles being twisted, and many other things. I am in no way saying that it is acceptable, but it does happen, and has been happening since football began. This kid was just unlucky enough for some person to take the time to make a youtube video of it because he has no life but trying to destroy a kids reputation. Going to forums and social media in the hopes to prove what? He is a kid, not some highly paid NFL player. He made a mistake. In all, his actions showed a lapse of judgement, for which he apologized to the only person that matters, #21 Hopkins. Get a life sourhern.

It shouldn't happen, ever. Now that cameras "out" everything, players should know better than to "pick their nose" on camera. What he did could have cost the other player a career, and dashed the other teams hopes (which is what IMO I feel he was hoping for at his "bad mistake" moment.) If he has as much experience as you say, he especially had the experience and should've known better. He owes an apology to the whole Cuero team and I think he deserves discipline from the UIL. 17 year old kids do stupid stuff, and 17 year old kids should get in trouble for doing stupid stuff so that they learn not to do stupid stuff. Another Suh wannabe.

pirate4state
12-07-2015, 01:24 PM

:clap: I couldn't have said it better. I was going to address this myself today, because while NONE of us in Sinton condone this type of behavior and what Mark did has no place in the game, EVER - he has apologized. It seems though that no amount of contrition is going to be good enough for everyone hell bent on making sure everyone else knows what a "dirty player" he is. Well, he is NOT a dirty player. He showed VERY poor judgment and let his emotions get the best of him. It's unfortunate that he allowed himself be painted in this light. All that he can do now is learn from it and make sure it never happens again. I have no doubt that both his parents and Coach Allen will both be speaking to him about how this is not acceptable behavior and that no matter how emotional you are there are better ways to handle yourself. Again, that won't matter to some, but to the people that care about Mark & our program - we know it will be handled appropriately.

It shouldn't happen, ever. Now that cameras "out" everything, players should know better than to "pick their nose" on camera. What he did could have cost the other player a career, and dashed the other teams hopes (which is what IMO I feel he was hoping for at his "bad mistake" moment.) If he has as much experience as you say, he especially had the experience and should've known better. He owes an apology to the whole Cuero team and I think he deserves discipline from the UIL. 17 year old kids do stupid stuff, and 17 year old kids should get in trouble for doing stupid stuff so that they learn not to do stupid stuff. Another Suh wannabe.

What type of discipline should he get from the UIL? Mark is a senior playing in his last football game, so should the UIL suspend him from basketball? Talk about opening up a can of worms. Hell, the refs didn't even see it happen "live". I didn't see it either! But I figured something had happened under that pile for Hopkins to come up the way he did. There is no excuse for what he did. None. He will have to live with it forever because the Internet is forever.

You calling him a Suh wannable is ridiculous. Just paint him with a big broad stroke of the brush, but I guess he deserves it right? :rolleyes: GMAB!!!

1st and goal
12-07-2015, 01:41 PM
:clap: I couldn't have said it better. I was going to address this myself today, because while NONE of us in Sinton condone this type of behavior and what Mark did has no place in the game, EVER - he has apologized. It seems though that no amount of contrition is going to be good enough for everyone hell bent on making sure everyone else knows what a "dirty player" he is. Well, he is NOT a dirty player. He showed VERY poor judgment and let his emotions get the best of him. It's unfortunate that he allowed himself be painted in this light. All that he can do now is learn from it and make sure it never happens again. I have no doubt that both his parents and Coach Allen will both be speaking to him about how this is not acceptable behavior and that no matter how emotional you are there are better ways to handle yourself. Again, that won't matter to some, but to the people that care about Mark & our program - we know it will be handled appropriately.

What type of discipline should he get from the UIL? Mark is a senior playing in his last football game, so should the UIL suspend him from basketball? Talk about opening up a can of worms. Hell, the refs didn't even see it happen "live". I didn't see it either! But I figured something had happened under that pile for Hopkins to come up the way he did. There is no excuse for what he did. None. He will have to live with it forever because the Internet is forever.

You calling him a Suh wannable is ridiculous. Just paint him with a big broad stroke of the brush, but I guess he deserves it right? :rolleyes: GMAB!!!

What if he had cost the running back a collegiate scholarship? I don't know either of the kids but this crap has got to stop. BTW, what he did is EXACTLY what Suh has done. He wasn't even a real factor in the play.

There are a lot of 17 year olds in the state penal system that "made mistakes" they wish they hadn't. I don't know what punishment he deserves Rita, but just letting it go isn't the best option for the young man's future.

I would say that in light of the fact that the RB was OK, if it were for me to judge him, I would give him some type of UIL suspension. And not just pre district games in basketball or baseball. Maybe 3 district games out in each sport. Especially against Cuero.

1st and goal
12-07-2015, 01:43 PM
Plus, I would be saying the same thing if a Giddings kid had committed the wrongdoing.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-07-2015, 01:45 PM
thanks. I knew to stay away from everything last night. All day I've been thinking about what to say, but there isn't much to say after a game like that LOL :weeping:

I will say this...I NEVER WANT TO PLAY CUERO IN THE FREAKING ALAMODOME AGAIN!!!! EVER!!!Alamodome throws us Pirate fans off our routine. It's a nice place though just glad the state championship games won't be there, terrible parking and I thought Minute Maid was bad but this is really bad parking if it has a 6a team playing.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-07-2015, 01:50 PM
What if he had cost the running back a collegiate scholarship? I don't know either of the kids but this crap has got to stop. BTW, what he did is EXACTLY what Suh has done. He wasn't even a real factor in the play.

There are a lot of 17 year olds in the state penal system that "made mistakes" they wish they hadn't. I don't know what punishment he deserves Rita, but just letting it go isn't the best option for the young man's future.

I would say that in light of the fact that the RB was OK, if it were for me to judge him, I would give him some type of UIL suspension. And not just pre district games in basketball or baseball. Maybe 3 district games out in each sport. Especially against Cuero.Give it up already and stop bashing a kid. It seems its been dealt with by the only ones that matter in this.

1st and goal
12-07-2015, 02:02 PM
Give it up already and stop bashing a kid. It seems its been dealt with by the only ones that matter in this.

Go tell the UIL. And while your at it, for the case where the San Antonio kids creamed the Ref too. Let them judge it.

I'm not bashing. The kid did the bashing.

Breacher9
12-07-2015, 02:36 PM
Go tell the UIL. And while your at it, for the case where the San Antonio kids creamed the Ref too. Let them judge it.

I'm not bashing. The kid did the bashing.

You honestly want the UIL to come in and start throwing around suspensions from a video tape someone edited to make it look worse than it was.?? lol Ya I am sure they want to start opening up that can of worms. Like I said this type of stuff happens ALL the time. You would have hundreds of films being sent in from coaches who sit there on Saturdays and analyze hours of film. Kids hitting others late, punches being thrown, kids getting hit in the nuts, kids with hurt ankles getting their ankles wrenched. And as I also stated I am not condoning those actions, but its a reality. This kid has already been thrown through the ringer on multiple forums, and social media. He even asked some people if they could stop talking about it and that he had apologized on the friday night app. That he was not trying to hurt anyones career, that he had a lapse of judgement and made a mistake and talked to Hopkins about it. They have been playing each other for years.

Dont even try to compare this to the actions of two kids who pre meditated an attack on an official, thats a stretch bud.

pirate4state
12-07-2015, 03:40 PM
I know what Suh has done, but that doesn't make him a wannabe. Has Suh ever apologized for his actions? Or shown remorse? No, but Mark has and I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt because I've watched him play for 4 years and this was totally out of character.

Now you are comparing him to a criminal? You really need to slow your roll.

Maybe I should go back through the archives and see if you did speak this strongly about the Giddings kid who instigated the fight vs Liberty Hill?

I would say that in light of the fact that the RB was OK, if it were for me to judge him, I would give him some type of UIL suspension. And not just pre district games in basketball or baseball. Maybe 3 district games out in each sport. Especially against Cuero.

pancho villa
12-08-2015, 09:30 AM
Sometimes bad things happen in football. Big Deal, get over it. I'll bet the folks that are crying on here about what the Sinton kid did didn't play football (prolly in band)
Football does not need to be politically correct it is a tough hard game. It is not for the weak or cowards. Things like this always have happened and will in the future.

Phil C
12-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Someone sent some cookies to work today. :)

Merry Christmas ya'll.