PDA

View Full Version : Celina vs. Krum Friday, December 4th at 7:30pm UNT Apogee Stadium in Denton

marler1972
11-28-2015, 11:27 AM
We are visitor

regaleagle
11-28-2015, 11:29 AM
Apogee huh? Drew a good one for both teams in this one. Should be interesting????

regaleagle
11-28-2015, 11:33 AM
Just to start this discussion and to clear the air, folks.......NEVER underestimate any team from Denton County.....never!!! This county is absolutely loaded with very high quality athletes.....loaded.

d0tc0m
11-28-2015, 11:50 AM
When you're in the Region finals, you've done a lot of things right. When you get there by way of a 31-0 shutout over a state-ranked opponent that made it to the fourth round a year ago, you're gonna turn some heads. Unfortunately for Krum, they won't be able to sneak up on Celina. The orange and white knows all about those other Bobcats, and the only thing yesterday showed is that a Celina/Sweetwater rematch may not have been as fun as we once anticipated it would be.

Krum will throw in some new wrinkles, I'm sure. And I imagine those kids are eager to prove their blowout at the hands of the real Bobcats in the final week of the regular season was a fluke. The problem for Krum is, that game wasn't a fluke. I see this rematch being closer this time around, but that doesn't mean it will be close. Celina has too much talent. They're too talented on defense, and the offense is so balanced and versatile, they put up almost 400 yards on the ground yesterday, only because the weather dictated such an attack. The Bobcats have the ability to air it out, or ground-and-pound, and it takes an elite team with a stout defense to stop that. Krum is not that elite team.

Give me the Orange and White by 28.

lostaussie
11-28-2015, 11:51 AM
Krum may have improved.......but not 50 someodd points since the first meeting. Celina rolls

regaleagle
11-28-2015, 12:23 PM
Too bad DI and DII winners don't play the ultimate playoff game for the 4A Title, huh?

Wayne
11-28-2015, 12:24 PM
Congrats to both teams for advancing to the next round. I look for Celina to win this game big and start preparing for the Gilmer game. Go get em Celina!

RPF2666
11-28-2015, 01:59 PM
I'd much rather be the Celina coaches having to convince the team that Krum has improved since we played a month ago than
the Krum coaches having to convince their team that this time will be different!

rb585
11-28-2015, 02:10 PM
Celina is better than Sweetwater, so I'll go with Krum by only about 20.

RPF2666
11-28-2015, 02:34 PM
Celina is better than Sweetwater, so I'll go with Krum by only about 20.

Good 'Ole Football logic...Love it!

canno
11-28-2015, 03:51 PM
If the
weather had not been so bad I
Believe the mustangs would have been victorious .
.they were a throwing team fighting against 20mph winds
And rain.it was very difficult to throw the ball.
Celina wins big 55-7

But with that said this time of year you have to adapt
Celina wins56-7
to adapt to the elements,Sweetwater didn't.

Celina

RPF2666
11-28-2015, 03:56 PM
If the
Believe the mustangs would have been victorious .
.they were a throwing team fighting against 20mph winds
And rain.it was very difficult to throw the ball.
Celina wins big 55-7

But with that said this time of year you have to adapt
Celina wins56-7
to adapt to the elements,Sweetwater didn't.

Celina

Championship winning football happens the time of year where Winter weather
is possible, even likely. If you can't play more than one way, you will likely be in trouble
at some point during the most important 6 weeks of the season.

d0tc0m
11-28-2015, 05:45 PM
If the
Believe the mustangs would have been victorious.

Lol, I don't think so. Krum passed for nearly as many yards as Sweetwater had of TOTAL offense. The highlights I saw, it looked like the bobcats threw it around just fine. Krum had more than double the offensive production that Sweetwater was able to muster, and the defense pitched a shutout. So I don't think better weather would've made Sweetwater 31 points better and somehow have made Krum magically worse at the same time.

WOS87
11-28-2015, 05:58 PM
Krum wins with another shutout! It's always tough playing the same team twice in a season. :wave:

rb585
11-28-2015, 06:16 PM
Krum wins with another shutout! It's always tough playing the same team twice in a season. :wave:

Are you out of your mind? Celina is clearly better than Sweetwater. They won't get shut out!

Krum 27-7!

garciap77
11-28-2015, 08:18 PM
Celina 68 Krum 7!

lostaussie
11-28-2015, 08:46 PM
Are you out of your mind? Celina is clearly better than Sweetwater. They won't get shut out!

Krum 27-7!

He's begging. Wants to win state and basically not play anybody. So far he has his wish:D

Rabid Cougar
11-28-2015, 10:07 PM
NEVER underestimate any team from Denton County.....never!!! This county is absolutely loaded with very high quality athletes.....loaded.

There are several schools that come to mind that must have missed the bus.....Denton High and University of North Texas.....

bobcat1
11-28-2015, 11:44 PM
Too bad DI and DII winners don't play the ultimate playoff game for the 4A Title, huh?yes in all classes.

orange machine
11-29-2015, 01:53 AM
I honestly don't know what to think of this game. I think Celina played really good against Krum a few weeks ago, but I also think everything kinda imploded on them from the start. I think Krum is a better team then what they showed against Celina. In saying that I think Celina is still a lot better than Krum. I'm gonna say Celina still wins big just not as big.

Celina 50
Krum 20

orange machine
11-29-2015, 01:56 AM
Watching Sweetwater vs Krum game Sweetwater had 0 passing game and their qb looked lost and unsure of himself.

Celina8
11-29-2015, 10:23 AM
Being that football is a very physical sport and at any time one key injury can have drastic changes to teams performance . This is why I am so hesitant to make bold prediction especially for the fourth round of the playoffs. For Krum to be here in the third round of the playoff tells me they fought to get here and they do not plan on laying down against Celina just because they lost to them during district play. Can Celina win, shoud Celina win, will Celina win ... I think yes to all three of those questions but only if we do not overlook these Bobcats!

RPF2666
11-29-2015, 10:31 AM
Celina WILL NOT overlook Krum. Our staff will have the team convinced by Tuesday that this Krum team is from
a different Krum. One we've never played before, that is full of big, fast and angry players who have never
lost in their entire HS career! That is what they do...

What happened a month ago is ancient history, what happened last week won't matter either!

Orange is the proper color for a Bobcat!

toddg
11-29-2015, 02:47 PM
Celina won't Krumble this week..42-21 Celina

d0tc0m
11-29-2015, 02:49 PM
Celina WILL NOT overlook Krum. Our staff will have the team convinced by Tuesday that this Krum team is from
a different Krum. One we've never played before, that is full of big, fast and angry players who have never
lost in their entire HS career! That is what they do...

What happened a month ago is ancient history, what happened last week won't matter either!

Orange is the proper color for a Bobcat!

And all God's people said, Amen.

RPF2666
11-29-2015, 02:53 PM
Celina won't Krumble this week..42-21 Celina

I don't think it will be that close, but I'd take that!

orange machine
11-30-2015, 04:17 PM
Guess there won't be much talk about this game?

slingshot
11-30-2015, 04:20 PM
Celina. Big.

d0tc0m
11-30-2015, 04:28 PM
Guess there won't be much talk about this game?

Probably not. There just aren't many Krum folk on here - actually none that I know of. Most won't see this as being that great of a game, either. Celina hasn't played anyone in the playoffs that has any semblance of a following on The Downlow, which is unfortunate. If we get past this game and into the semifinals, however, there should be plenty of chatter.

Aguilafanatico
11-30-2015, 05:16 PM
Probably not. There just aren't many Krum folk on here - actually none that I know of. Most won't see this as being that great of a game, either. Celina hasn't played anyone in the playoffs that has any semblance of a following on The Downlow, which is unfortunate. If we get past this game and into the semifinals, however, there should be plenty of chatter.

Blowout alert. Celina is about to dismantle Krum. Is what it is.

Twirling Time
11-30-2015, 06:23 PM
Gotta tip your hat to Krum for making the final eight in football. Looks like Krum is a football school now. They lost their mojo in basketball, though. That was what put Krum on the map.

d0tc0m
11-30-2015, 07:06 PM
Gotta tip your hat to Krum for making the final eight in football. Looks like Krum is a football school now. They lost their mojo in basketball, though. That was what put Krum on the map.

Absolutely. Feel good for those kids, fans and community, making it further in the postseason than they ever have in school history. That goes a long way in building excitement around the program, and as that increases, so, too, does the program's sustainability. Who knows, in a few years, Krum could turn into the next Celina or Argyle. They're just not there yet, however, and that's where they need to be to really have more than a puncher's chance in this game.

Celina wins by 28.

bobcat1
11-30-2015, 08:00 PM
I'm guessing by that you mean Sweetwater just got caught not taking Krum serious. I hope Celina takes them serious. Can't come out complacent at all.

d0tc0m
11-30-2015, 08:05 PM
I'm guessing by that you mean Sweetwater just got caught not taking Krum serious. I hope Celina takes them serious. Can't come out complacent at all.

Maybe it did. I think Sweetwater's long list of injuries actually just caught up to them, finally, more than anything. A combination of weak competition and smoke-and-mirrors helped them get into the third round. If completely healthy, I think the Mustangs would've kept it closer with Krum, maybe even have won.

That said, a 31-0 shutout isn't a mere case of complacency.

Twirling Time
11-30-2015, 09:29 PM
West Texas in general just hasn't been as competitive in D-II as D-I is with Stephenville, Brownwood, etc. Graham dropping down will help some next year. But I think everyone knew Celina going west meant a clear path to the state semis. (Sweetwater almost nixed that idea last year.)

GUNHO
11-30-2015, 09:41 PM
Absolutely. Feel good for those kids, fans and community, making it further in the postseason than they ever have in school history. That goes a long way in building excitement around the program, and as that increases, so, too, does the program's sustainability. Who knows, in a few years, Krum could turn into the next Celina or Argyle. They're just not there yet, however, and that's where they need to be to really have more than a puncher's chance in this game.

Celina wins by 28.

Oh.So your saying they do have a chance.lol

RPF2666
11-30-2015, 10:42 PM

There will be no upset in this one...

Aggregate score last two meetings... 121-28! Same players playing in this game as 69-14 final, 4 weeks ago.

Celina will not, not show up, and that is the only way this game could end with Krum advancing... Celina
literally not showing up in Denton on Friday night!

d0tc0m
11-30-2015, 11:27 PM

Yes, they have a chance lol. It may be somewhere between slim and none, but, statistically, they have a chance. Of course, they also have a chance of winning the lottery, getting struck by lightning twice before and after the game, flipping a quarter and landing it on its side, or mastering quantum physics and walking through walls.

All kidding aside, Bobcats should win big. But you won't hear such claims next week, whether it's Gilmer or Atlanta. The Downlow should heat up then, though.

regaleagle
12-01-2015, 04:31 AM
Congrats to Krum for having the team chemistry and a couple of good athletes to overcome some adversities this season and still be playing in December. In the grand scheme of their program I think just getting to this week does much for them going forward. Unforturnately, at this stage of the playoffs, your team better be very, very good to advance to next week, and even if they are......they might still lose to an even more talented team. Celina is one of those elite teams this season. I think there MIGHT be a team or possibly 2 teams in Division II that could give them a battle......but Krum ain't one of them. That's why I congratulate Krum here instead of Celina. Celina will still be playing next week. It's not time to congratulate them yet, haha.

RPF2666
12-01-2015, 09:04 PM
Congrats to Krum for having the team chemistry and a couple of good athletes to overcome some adversities this season and still be playing in December. In the grand scheme of their program I think just getting to this week does much for them going forward. Unforturnately, at this stage of the playoffs, your team better be very, very good to advance to next week, and even if they are......they might still lose to an even more talented team. Celina is one of those elite teams this season. I think there MIGHT be a team or possibly 2 teams in Division II that could give them a battle......but Krum ain't one of them. That's why I congratulate Krum here instead of Celina. Celina will still be playing next week. It's not time to congratulate them yet, haha.

I believe you nailed it. No disrespect to Krum (in fact much respect), but their steps toward building a great program stop for now, on Friday!

toddg
12-01-2015, 10:42 PM
Yes, they have a chance lol. It may be somewhere between slim and none, but, statistically, they have a chance. Of course, they also have a chance of winning the lottery, getting struck by lightning twice before and after the game, flipping a quarter and landing it on its side, or mastering quantum physics and walking through walls.

All kidding aside, Bobcats should win big. But you won't hear such claims next week, whether it's Gilmer or Atlanta. The Downlow should heat up then, though.

Slim left town

Twirling Time
12-02-2015, 08:38 AM
Celina needs another quick start and another blowout going into Gilmer.

They had to rally to beat Sweetwater last time and by all rights should've lost. I think they were emotionally spent after that game, and that was part of why they got blown out themselves by Gilmer.

Caveman
12-02-2015, 09:36 AM

They had to rally to beat Sweetwater last time and by all rights should've lost. I think they were emotionally spent after that game, and that was part of why they got blown out themselves by Gilmer.

Hey TT somebody told me you guys have a college football team in Sherman. Any good?

d0tc0m
12-02-2015, 09:39 AM

I don't know that Celina "should've lost" the Sweetwater game last year. But, I also don't think it would've mattered much if they were emotionally spent or not in the Gilmer game. It might've been closer, sure, but the Buckeyes were just too dang good.

RPF2666
12-02-2015, 09:39 PM
Gilmer had a 'once in a generation' team last year that wasn't going to be beaten by anyone. Just look at how the State Game
played out...!

What happened with Celina and Sweetwater really didn't matter against Gilmer. Combine their 'special' team with some members of the Celina team that didn't
compete very well and you get a blowout of that proportion.

IF Celina AND Gilmer advance, I don't think you will see a failure to compete by some of the Bobcats like last year. Celina may not win the game, but you will see all of them
fighting for each other until the final second. THAT is the difference with the Bobcats THIS year, in my humble opinion.

orange machine
12-02-2015, 10:25 PM
Hey TT somebody told me you guys have a college football team in Sherman. Any good?

Your speaking if Austin College University and they are horrible. Seriously a good to decent 4a team can beat them.

marler1972
12-03-2015, 12:57 PM
IF Celina AND Gilmer advance, I don't think you will see a failure to compete by some of the Bobcats like last year. Celina may not win the game, but you will see all of them
fighting for each other until the final second. THAT is the difference with the Bobcats THIS year, in my humble opinion.

Bull$hit, the boys never quit last year and to say that is crap!

waterboy
12-03-2015, 01:25 PM
Krum by 34!!!

:D Not really..., it'll be Celina winning by that much... :D

BILLYFRED0000
12-03-2015, 01:40 PM
Last year is the past.... next week is the future..... Lets just play Krum..... I like those boys coming up like they did. I think they will be a little tougher this time around. They are going to be emotional and come out of the blocks well I think. Their coach will want to avoid the first quarter of the last game where we scored 42 points.... Hard to do in a quarter and we did it twice this year in the first and 35 once this year in the first, And Bryan Adams all I remember for sure is that before we got half way thru the second quarter we had 56 points.

We have 685 points on the year

RPF2666
12-03-2015, 02:35 PM
We just need to play our game, it is good enough.

Krum will show up and be ready. We just need to help them remember
what happened a month ago, as quickly as we can.

Caveman
12-03-2015, 04:56 PM
Your speaking if Austin College University and they are horrible. Seriously a good to decent 4a team can beat them.

What division do they play. Should a high schooler consider playing there?

Twirling Time
12-03-2015, 07:14 PM
Austin College has been 5-5 the last couple of years. They play in a really nice stadium for D3 that opened in 2000. Too bad they are still grass and don't have lights, otherwise it would be a nice playoff site for 2A or smaller 3A.

orange machine
12-03-2015, 07:39 PM
What division do they play. Should a high schooler consider playing there?

If they want to play football and not worried about winning really then by all means, but if he is serious about it it would be way way down my list.

orange machine
12-03-2015, 07:40 PM
They don't even have visitors bleachers anymore.

RPF2666
12-04-2015, 07:46 AM
It's Friday... FINALLY!!! :clap:

Caveman
12-04-2015, 10:37 AM
Austin College has been 5-5 the last couple of years. They play in a really nice stadium for D3 that opened in 2000. Too bad they are still grass and don't have lights, otherwise it would be a nice playoff site for 2A or smaller 3A.

Is that because of coaching or because nobody knows about the program?

Rocket Man
12-04-2015, 01:36 PM
Krum by 34!!!

:D Not really..., it'll be Celina winning by that much... :D

Some guy at the Waco Trib picked Krum 42-10; seriously, he did.

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/high_schools/central_texas_football/trib-staff-s-playoffs-week-high-school-football-predictions/article_5b266049-a0fb-51b1-82ac-9971de7cd5d2.html

lostaussie
12-04-2015, 03:02 PM
I agree with this 100%

waterboy
12-04-2015, 05:00 PM

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/high_schools/central_texas_football/trib-staff-s-playoffs-week-high-school-football-predictions/article_5b266049-a0fb-51b1-82ac-9971de7cd5d2.html

All I can say is, good luck with that! :D I guess 69-14 doesn't ring a bell with him. Celina rolls..., for one more week... :stirpot: :D

On the other hand, it looks like we will have our hands full with Atlanta. They're really talking it up. Hopefully, we get to see y'all next week. If not, Atlanta will be a handful for y'all, too.

Rocket Man
12-04-2015, 05:18 PM
All I can say is, good luck with that! :D I guess 69-14 doesn't ring a bell with him. Celina rolls..., for one more week... :stirpot: :D

On the other hand, it looks like we will have our hands full with Atlanta. They're really talking it up. Hopefully, we get to see y'all next week. If not, Atlanta will be a handful for y'all, too.

Just for the record; I'm from Robinson, not Celina

waterboy
12-04-2015, 05:25 PM
Just for the record; I'm from Robinson, not Celina

No matter. The first paragraph was for you. The second for all those orange kool-aid drinkers on this thread. :D

garciap77
12-04-2015, 05:31 PM
Celina 79 Krum 3

d0tc0m
12-04-2015, 05:43 PM

Oh, boy.

garciap77
12-04-2015, 05:49 PM
Celina pulls a Refugio on Krum!;)

bobcat1
12-04-2015, 06:10 PM
No matter. The first paragraph was for you. The second for all those orange kool-aid drinkers on this thread. :D
:wave:

d0tc0m
12-04-2015, 06:27 PM

What color kool-aid do you guys drink?