PDA

View Full Version : Argyle(12-1) vs Liberty-Eylau(12-1) 9 pm Friday@ AT&T for Region 2 Final

regaleagle
11-28-2015, 11:22 AM
This is the game most pollsters were pointing to all season long, and now it will happen. Region 2 D-1 has been a juggernaut with some very good teams with good records this season. But somehow these two teams not only survived, but plowed their way each week in the playoffs to get to this game. Both teams are so similar in SOS, Stats, and quality wins that there's just not much difference. Both teams have lost to an undefeated D-2 team by 10 points or less, and both teams have the same record. Both teams lost early in the season. Both teams have a very balanced offense. Both teams have a stingy defense. Both teams have some outstanding athletes. Both teams can score quickly from anywhere on the field. This is the REMATCH from last season's Region 2 D-I Final where Argyle won a very close game 45-42. This game has a revenge factor at work. This game will be played indoors. This game will be worth the price of admission. THIS GAME WILL BE THE IN THE 9 PM FEATURED SLOT ON FRIDAY. KICKOFF @ 9 PM. THIS GAME WILL HAVE MY BUTT IN A SEAT, HAHA.

Wayne
11-28-2015, 12:20 PM
Definitely going to be a good one! It's gonna be a long week waiting for this one.

regaleagle
11-28-2015, 10:30 PM
Not much here to talk about......no LE fans to speak of on this board. On the other site, they're kinda mum too. I think they are very, very serious about this week's game.....the LE fans I mean. This is a "revenge" game for them from last year to prove they belong.

regaleagle
11-28-2015, 10:34 PM
LE really proved they belong already. Now they are breathing blood for another State Finals trip. But first they have to go thru Argyle.....and they know it. They also know their team is multi-talented and very, very good. They are hoping for very few mistakes and penalties......and to put a real woodshed whoopin' on the Eagles. Argyle tends to get every team's best shot, seems like. Let's just say I don't think either team will have a problem getting ready for this battle.

toddg
11-28-2015, 10:43 PM
I don't believe LE has played at AT&T.. That could be a small factor..

ccmom
11-28-2015, 11:03 PM
I miss LE Dad. He would have loved cheering on this year's team. RIP.

d0tc0m
11-29-2015, 12:30 AM

Damn. Hits you right in the feels. 3ADL community misses LE Dad for sure.

slingshot
11-29-2015, 01:02 AM
I miss LE Dad. He would have loved cheering on this year's team. RIP.Was just thinking the exact same thing... :crying:

95mustang
11-29-2015, 01:09 AM

When I started reading the posts I immediately thought about LE Dad and how he would have blown this board up last year and this year with his love for LE.

LEFAN80
11-29-2015, 02:56 AM
K.a.l.e.
🐾
🐾
🐾
🐾

LEFAN80
11-29-2015, 02:57 AM
Good luck! See you Friday!

RPF2666
11-29-2015, 10:39 AM
This game should be a dandy. LE has the motivation, but Argyle has the recent pedigree. I've said it on here
many times over the last few years... until someone knocks them out, don't bet against Argyle...PERIOD!

Enigma
11-29-2015, 11:36 AM
Good point. I definitley wouldn't "bet against Argyle" if they got knocked out. That would be silly....PERIOD.

lostaussie
11-29-2015, 11:42 AM
Just so you guys don't have to talk to yourselves and pat each other on the back (kinda like we are having to do on our thread) I'm gonna say LE is going to Donkey Stomp a mudhole in the Argylians arse:D

Enigma
11-29-2015, 11:44 AM
35 to 31 LE

lostaussie
11-29-2015, 11:52 AM
35 to 31 LE

And if that happens then Gilmer will be the best in all of 4A :D

lostaussie
11-29-2015, 11:53 AM

I guarantee LEdad would have had the Argylians fired up. He was a dude!!!

Enigma
11-29-2015, 11:59 AM
And if that happens then Gilmer will be the best in all of 4A :D
Interesting...you may be on to something.

Aguilafanatico
11-29-2015, 12:14 PM
Just so you guys don't have to talk to yourselves and pat each other on the back (kinda like we are having to do on our thread) I'm gonna say LE is going to Donkey Stomp a mudhole in the Argylians arse:D

So Celina is backing Argyle and Gilmer is on the LE bandwagon. Interesting. Either battle lines are
being drawn between "ETX" and "metroplex" or its "back who you beat". Prolly a little of both, but the Etx vs metro argument really shows up on Smoaky. A large contingent of the Smoaky folks can't fathom Argyle beating a team from E Texas, no matter who it is. OR It could just be Aussie bored and trying to stir things up. All definite possibilities.

lostaussie
11-29-2015, 12:16 PM
I have pledged my allegiance to no one:thumbsup:

:stirpot:

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Wayne
11-29-2015, 02:02 PM

Kinda like Pitt and Kennedale did?

toddg
11-29-2015, 02:41 PM
So Celina is backing Argyle and Gilmer is on the LE bandwagon. Interesting. Either battle lines are
being drawn between "ETX" and "metroplex" or its "back who you beat". Prolly a little of both, but the Etx vs metro argument really shows up on Smoaky. A large contingent of the Smoaky folks can't fathom Argyle beating a team from E Texas, no matter who it is. OR It could just be Aussie bored and trying to stir things up. All definite possibilities.

What's funny..all Argyle has done for the last 6 years is beat up East Texas teams..the intelligence level at Smoaky is seriously low.

Eagle Nation
11-29-2015, 02:51 PM
What's funny..all Argyle has done for the last 6 years is beat up East Texas teams..the intelligence level at Smoaky is seriously low.

👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lostaussie
11-29-2015, 03:20 PM

Untrue. 2012 was not 6 years ago and we do have a 25% winning percentage against y'all :D

Aguilafanatico
11-29-2015, 03:31 PM

Hear it every year.

toddg
11-29-2015, 03:32 PM
Untrue. 2012 was not 6 years ago and we do have a 25% winning percentage against y'all :D

I'm not a Argyle y'all..lol!!! just saying Argyle has done well against the "beast from the east"😄 LE is very good, it just looks like what they are good at, plays right into Argyles strengths...which seems to be the case, more times than not, when they face a "beast" team.

Aguilafanatico
11-29-2015, 03:34 PM

Gilmer is on a different level athletically than most of the East Texas teams and Argyle was always able to play them close. I certainly don't see LE being athletically superior to those Gilmer teams.

lostaussie
11-29-2015, 03:35 PM
I understand and I'm not saying LE is going to win. But they are very talented and have athletes all over the field. Discipline for them is sometimes an issue though.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Matthew328
11-29-2015, 04:40 PM
L-E talent wise is very similar to those great Gilmer teams in fact top to bottom they may be MORE talented, maybe not as much front line talent but 1-30 more talented...however they put the ball on the ground and get a lot of dumb penalties...L-E plays clean they win...just not sure they are capable of playing clean

Aguilafanatico
11-29-2015, 05:09 PM
L-E talent wise is very similar to those great Gilmer teams in fact top to bottom they may be MORE talented, maybe not as much front line talent but 1-30 more talented...however they put the ball on the ground and get a lot of dumb penalties...L-E plays clean they win...just not sure they are capable of playing clean

As long as Grant picks against Argyle I'm good.

regaleagle
11-29-2015, 05:29 PM
Talent pool at LE is very, very deep....but if talent alone won State Championships, or even Regional Championships, then LE would have won one recently, LOL. There's tons of more factors that go into a team and a game than just talented players......as most of us know. That's why we have upsets every week in football and that's why the games are so exciting. GO EAGLES!!!

regaleagle
11-29-2015, 05:31 PM
Last week it was Wildcats and now this week the Boyz will have to fight Leopards. I know Leopards are supposed to be very speedy, right? But don't they run fast for short distances only, then tire out???

Aesculus gilmus
11-29-2015, 06:28 PM
I only count three losses Argyle has ever had to East Texas teams since they've been in this classification - Pleasant Grove in '09, Carthage in '10 and Gilmer in '12.

lostaussie
11-29-2015, 06:38 PM
I only count three losses Argyle has ever had to East Texas teams since they've been in this classification - Pleasant Grove in '09, Carthage in '10 and Gilmer in '12.

Good gracious....... Argyle lost to PG? I would have that removed from the record. There would be no film anywhere and I would deny it until death:D

hollywood
11-29-2015, 07:00 PM
Argyle by 14

Argyle 35
LE 21

regaleagle
11-29-2015, 07:17 PM
This game will be much higher scoring, at least for the winner. On the carpet in At&t with 2 fast offenses>>>>lots of scores. IMO, I think Argyle will need to score alot just to keep pace with the Leopards offense. Kemon Freeman is a terrific dual-threat qb that has plenty of weapons at his disposal.....talented weapons. He also has one of the strongest arms of ALL qbs in 4A, if not Texas. He can accurately release the ball quickly and on target on a line to his receivers. He can make amazing throws sometimes that turn a loss into a big gain. His feet are his greatest asset, though. He's very quick and can change directions on a dime......just great athletic ability. He has all the skill sets you look for in a top qb. LE goes as Freeman goes. Argyle will gameplan to limit and pressure Freeman......that's all they can do. If you don't stop him at least some of the time, LE will score running and throwing it against you all night. Morbley is their main receiver, but they have 2 more main guys that are go-to receivers you MUST defend. And while you're defending these guys against an accurate qb, there goes Freeman or RB Byrd with the ball. Argyle will have its hands full against LE for sure. This team will be the toughest test all year for Argyle. Celina was a tough game, but at the time it was too early in the season to prepare for them.

regaleagle
11-29-2015, 07:26 PM
Freeman has rushed for over 1700 yds for 27 TD's and passed for over 3000 yds this season with 27 TD's. RB Lamont Byrd has rushed for over 1500 yds and 25 TD's this season for LE as well. These numbers alone speak very loudly for what LE has been able to do against a pretty tough schedule over there in East Texas.

lostaussie
11-29-2015, 07:27 PM
Freeman has rushed for over

Well?

lostaussie
11-29-2015, 07:33 PM
All bull aside and y'all know I'm just having fun because no one will come talk on our thread, regal is dead on. LE has weapons all over the offensive side of the ball, but Freeman is the key. As he goes.....so go the Leps. He's fast, he's got a cannon, and if he can hit the receivers their going to be tough.

Now I saw them twice. Once against us and the other Pittsburg. I thought he was pretty dang accurate. But I have read on some other sites that say accuracy is his biggest detriment.

regaleagle
11-29-2015, 08:05 PM
LE has a defensive end over there named Lagaryonn Carson(Jr. 6-5, 255)#88 that is a verbal to UT(everybody wants this guy). He's a beast on defense. They also have a very outstanding MLB #30 Demarcus Pegue II(5-10, 220) and outstanding hard-hitting safety #18 Andre Wiley, Jr.(Sr.5-10, 185). These are just a couple of their D1 prospects on this team this season. These 3 players listed above lead the team in tackles, sacks, and stops.

lostaussie
11-29-2015, 08:09 PM
LE has a defensive end over there named Lagaryonn Carson(Jr. 6-5, 255)#88 that is a verbal to UT(everybody wants this guy). He's a beast on defense. They also have a very outstanding MLB #30 Demarcus Pegue II(5-10, 220) and outstanding hard-hitting safety #18 Andre Wiley, Jr.(Sr.5-10, 185). These are just a couple of their D1 prospects on this team this season. These 3 players listed above lead the team in tackles, sacks, and stops.

Carson is #88 and you will have NO PROBLEM finding him on the field.

buckeyebob
11-29-2015, 08:39 PM

I thought Traylor gotta commitment from Carson...maybe not

lostaussie
11-29-2015, 08:45 PM
I thought Traylor gotta commitment from Carson...maybe not

He did, but at this point it is only verbal. Signing day in February

RPF2666
11-29-2015, 08:59 PM
This game will be much higher scoring, at least for the winner. On the carpet in At&t with 2 fast offenses>>>>lots of scores. IMO, I think Argyle will need to score alot just to keep pace with the Leopards offense. Kemon Freeman is a terrific dual-threat qb that has plenty of weapons at his disposal.....talented weapons. He also has one of the strongest arms of ALL qbs in 4A, if not Texas. He can accurately release the ball quickly and on target on a line to his receivers. He can make amazing throws sometimes that turn a loss into a big gain. His feet are his greatest asset, though. He's very quick and can change directions on a dime......just great athletic ability. He has all the skill sets you look for in a top qb. LE goes as Freeman goes. Argyle will gameplan to limit and pressure Freeman......that's all they can do. If you don't stop him at least some of the time, LE will score running and throwing it against you all night. Morbley is their main receiver, but they have 2 more main guys that are go-to receivers you MUST defend. And while you're defending these guys against an accurate qb, there goes Freeman or RB Byrd with the ball. Argyle will have its hands full against LE for sure. This team will be the toughest test all year for Argyle. Celina was a tough game, but at the time it was too early in the season to prepare for them.

Oh, so that explains the Celina game! Argyle doesn't prepare for teams early in the season. I completely get it now!:crazy:

Aguilafanatico
11-29-2015, 10:19 PM
Oh, so that explains the Celina game! Argyle doesn't prepare for teams early in the season. I completely get it now!:crazy:

Not sure Regal meant it the way it came out, however just to confirm, Argyle did prepare for the Celina game.:confused:

Enigma
11-29-2015, 10:33 PM

If everyone is being totally honest, the score of the Argyle Celina game was much closer than what transpired on the field. Kudos to Argyle for keeping it that close on the board.

Aguilafanatico
11-29-2015, 11:12 PM
If everyone is being totally honest, the score of the Argyle Celina game was much closer than what transpired on the field. Kudos to Argyle for keeping it that close on the board.

Yes, Celina outplayed Argyle in that game. The reason it was close is that Celina struggled to stop Argyle. It was an offensive game and Argyle couldn't get stops. Celina caused a big fumble late and were able to get a few stops. Ballgame. Honest as I can get on it. Best of luck in the playoffs. Hope to see you in Houston.

toddg
11-30-2015, 12:15 AM
Pretty simple for Argyle..control the LOS, get timely stops..hit some over the top..Argyle 101..doesn't matter what kind of speed the other team has, it's ALL about execution at this point! Don't believe me..talk to DeSoto, Skyline, CH, ET, Navasota, etc.

RPF2666
11-30-2015, 06:50 AM
Not sure Regal meant it the way it came out, however just to confirm, Argyle did prepare for the Celina game.:confused:

I just couldn't pass that one up.

Regal is a great advocate for everything Argyle and should be commended for that.
Argyle never quits on the field and that is why they are so tough to deal with....ALWAYS!

toddg
11-30-2015, 08:09 AM

This is not the place for total honesty!!
You're going to get this thread locked if you keep doing that !!😈

Eylau
11-30-2015, 11:33 AM
This is going to be a great game folks, definitely worth the $12 ticket.
I think it will be a high scoring game, similar to last years score.

LE has wanted this rematch ever since the clock ran out last year in Royse City.
LE is much improved from last year, just to remind everyone this is only Freeman's SECOND YEAR playing qb..that young man has made tremendous strides.
He has 3 great receivers to throw to, one of them being his brother (meadows #9). Morbley has been the go to receiver all year, and witcher has also had a great year.
Runningback Lamont Byrd has had a great season after breaking out last year in the playoffs, along with Cameron Levingston.
Freeman makes the offense go, as everyone knows, but has many weapons around him. The o-line has improved every week.

The leopard defense has really stepped up after that ugly 4th qtr in the first round against Van.
I dont have to tell you about Lagaryon Carson, he is a monster at DE. Safety Andre Wiley is also receiving D1 offers, a very hard hitter.
Demarcus Pegue at LB seems to be in the middle of every tackle also.

probably 95% of these leopards were on the field last year against Argyle, they know what they are up against.

KALE!

one question though..does anyone know who is playing the early game at at&t on friday?

Eylau
11-30-2015, 11:35 AM

He is missed on the smoaky threads also, and in the stands at every LE game. Carl was a great guy, I knew him for years.
It is great to me that his name comes up every year on here and on smoaky..that he left that much of an impact.

Aguilafanatico
11-30-2015, 12:41 PM
This is going to be a great game folks, definitely worth the $12 ticket.
I think it will be a high scoring game, similar to last years score.

LE has wanted this rematch ever since the clock ran out last year in Royse City.
LE is much improved from last year, just to remind everyone this is only Freeman's SECOND YEAR playing qb..that young man has made tremendous strides.
He has 3 great receivers to throw to, one of them being his brother (meadows #9). Morbley has been the go to receiver all year, and witcher has also had a great year.
Runningback Lamont Byrd has had a great season after breaking out last year in the playoffs, along with Cameron Levingston.
Freeman makes the offense go, as everyone knows, but has many weapons around him. The o-line has improved every week.

The leopard defense has really stepped up after that ugly 4th qtr in the first round against Van.
I dont have to tell you about Lagaryon Carson, he is a monster at DE. Safety Andre Wiley is also receiving D1 offers, a very hard hitter.
Demarcus Pegue at LB seems to be in the middle of every tackle also.

probably 95% of these leopards were on the field last year against Argyle, they know what they are up against.

KALE!

one question though..does anyone know who is playing the early game at at&t on friday?

Absolutely agree. Will gladly hand over the $36 for three of us to attend (I'm not paying for extended family this time). LE has talent all over the field.

Argyle also has a ton of returning players. Argyle returned 38 players that were on the 2014 Maxpreps roster. Obviously not all of those played but they were on the field during last years game. Some played on JV and were "bring ups" once the JV season ended. However, 14 of those 38 were starters last year, ether on defense or offense, and 4 of those 14 are 3-year starters. Lots of seasoned vets on the field Friday night.

Frisco Lone Star vs Lancaster @ 5:30 Friday

regaleagle
11-30-2015, 01:38 PM
Looks like w/the early game it may be a loooong night in the stands for me this Friday at AT&T. Let's see.....If I get there at about 5 pm, I'll probably be leaving around midnight or later, hahaha. I wonder if one ticket will get you both games???

Eylau
11-30-2015, 02:23 PM
Looks like w/the early game it may be a loooong night in the stands for me this Friday at AT&T. Let's see.....If I get there at about 5 pm, I'll probably be leaving around midnight or later, hahaha. I wonder if one ticket will get you both games???

Yeah one ticket will get you both games

ccmom
11-30-2015, 03:37 PM
He is missed on the smoaky threads also, and in the stands at every LE game. Carl was a great guy, I knew him for years.
It is great to me that his name comes up every year on here and on smoaky..that he left that much of an impact.

We had lots of back and forth on this board, and I met him and his daughter once in person at the girls state basketball championship game (LE/Wylie). He seemed like an awesome man.

Caveman
11-30-2015, 06:22 PM
When was the Kaufman loss. Do you consider them East Texas?

LEFAN80
11-30-2015, 07:37 PM
Carson #88 He's a junior

d0tc0m
11-30-2015, 07:51 PM
This will be a fun matchup. If you're a pure HS football fan, I can't imagine a better game to attend this week than this game. There's no question LE is loaded for bear with athletes. To me, the question is can those athletes execute on a high-enough level - and for four quarters - to dispatch a well-coached, disciplined Argyle team, which is anything but short on athletes as well. The Eagles are very good on both sides of the ball. They play hard, and they never panic. If LE manages to build a lead, they better push the gas pedal all the way through the floorboard, or the Eagles will claw back into it.

As talented as LE is, and I truly believe they are a legitimate title-contending team, I think Argyle is a state championship team. I've got the Eagles picked to win it all in Division I. I expect an instant classic between two teams that would probably play each other for the title if LE had been Region III. Sadly, someone has to start basketball next Monday.

Give me Argyle by one point over the Leopards this week.

Wayne
11-30-2015, 08:06 PM
This will be a fun matchup. If you're a pure HS football fan, I can't imagine a better game to attend this week than this game. There's no question LE is loaded for bear with athletes. To me, the question is can those athletes execute on a high-enough level - and for four quarters - to dispatch a well-coached, disciplined Argyle team, which is anything but short on athletes as well. The Eagles are very good on both sides of the ball. They play hard, and they never panic. If LE manages to build a lead, they better push the gas pedal all the way through the floorboard, or the Eagles will claw back into it.

As talented as LE is, and I truly believe they are a legitimate title-contending team, I think Argyle is a state championship team. I've got the Eagles picked to win it all in Division I. I expect an instant classic between two teams that would probably play each other for the title if LE had been Region III. Sadly, someone has to start basketball next Monday.

I would take a 1 point win against a team of LE's caliber. If everyone remembers last year, Argyle went into halftime with a 17 point lead only to watch quickly disappear to a very talented LE team. As a fan of HS football, this is definitely going to be the game of the week. I bet Jerry World will have a few in attendance.

lostaussie
11-30-2015, 10:07 PM

I have said it on here before and it still stands. Argyle is without a doubt THE BEST Tackling team I have ever seen and that is nothing but discipline. I have watched them play 5 games over the years and it always jumps out at me. If they get their hands on you, your going down 99.5% of the time.

regaleagle
12-01-2015, 04:53 AM
I just hope Argyle makes the tackles they need to make on Friday night against this very talented and athletic LE qb Freeman and their RB Byrd. Stop both of these Cats on big downs and Argyle can win this game. If the Eagles don't get enough stops on them on the big downs, it will be tough sledding for them all night....jmo.

Eylau
12-01-2015, 10:29 AM
Freeman and Byrd are both difficult to tackle.
Have seen them drag defenders on numerous occasions this year.

Is it really only Tuesday?....

LEFAN80
12-01-2015, 01:10 PM
Alot of people don't realize it but Freeman is really a freak at QB he's at least 205lbs at 6ft and that's solid muscle. And Carson can disrupt a whole offensive gameplan! a funny thing is we had another kid in which transferred schools who plays DE and is rated the #2 DE in his class this year had he'd stayed omg him on one side Carson on the other would've really been a nightmare

SBSlackers
12-01-2015, 05:34 PM
Argyle posters, please help me understand how Estrada has no D1 offers yet per Rivals.com. That kid is too good not to be playing on Saturdays. Surely UNT's new coach can start an Argyle pipeline with Estrada!

Wayne
12-01-2015, 06:38 PM
Argyle posters, please help me understand how Estrada has no D1 offers yet per Rivals.com. That kid is too good not to be playing on Saturdays. Surely UNT's new coach can start an Argyle pipeline with Estrada!

Man, I wish I had an answer. IMO he is as good as Sadler was when he played. He does it all. Great hands, fast, smart and just a great athlete. We were just talking about this today.

Aguilafanatico
12-01-2015, 08:34 PM

I have a feeling the dam is about to break.

hollywood
12-01-2015, 08:43 PM
Argyle wins by 14, no problem. Nothing against LE, they are quality. I just think Argyle is 2 TD's better

Wayne
12-01-2015, 09:06 PM
I have a feeling the dam is about to break.

I sure hope so for his sake. Young man is amazing. He could definitely play slot receiver at the next level.

RPF2666
12-01-2015, 09:22 PM
He was what kept the Celina game a game. Best player on the field for Argyle, by a significant margin and hasn't
slowed down since that I can tell.

toddg
12-02-2015, 02:30 AM
Got the green light from Mrs G..so I'll be there!!..so if you see a dude accompanied by two tall kids, one with crutches..that's me!! The wife is coaching my youngest in Bball and they have practice that night!!
First time I've been in Jerry's world since Alvarado's heart breaking 1pt loss in SC a few years back, can't wait!!

Aguilafanatico
12-02-2015, 08:25 AM
Got the green light from Mrs G..so I'll be there!!..so if you see a dude accompanied by two tall kids, one with crutches..that's me!! The wife is coaching my youngest in Bball and they have practice that night!!
First time I've been in Jerry's world since Alvarado's heart breaking 1pt loss in SC a few years back, can't wait!!

Good stuff. You are cordially invited to join the Eagle contingent.

Gsquared
12-02-2015, 09:11 AM
Ill be at this one for sure!!! Maybe I could sit by somebody that has a fat wallet and is generous with "Super Bowl Nachos" and DR. Peppers.

Gsquared
12-02-2015, 09:17 AM
As long as Grant picks against Argyle I'm good.

Think I learned my lesson last week! :)

LionFan72
12-02-2015, 01:32 PM
Ill be at this one for sure!!! Maybe I could sit by somebody that has a fat wallet and is generous with "Super Bowl Nachos" and DR. Peppers.

How bout we throw in a one-legged midget dancer, super nachos, and Dr. Peppers, would you consider picking Argyle?

LionFan72
12-02-2015, 01:33 PM
Dancer will be only seen in Jerry's personal viewing box, sorry folks!

Gsquared
12-02-2015, 02:02 PM
How bout we throw in a one-legged midget dancer, super nachos, and Dr. Peppers, would you consider picking Argyle?

The Magic 8 Ball says yes......

Eylau
12-02-2015, 03:39 PM
funny fact about this game... the winner will be tied the cowboys for wins at at&t stadium this year lol

Eagle Nation
12-02-2015, 04:11 PM
funny fact about this game... the winner will be tied the cowboys for wins at at&t stadium this year lol

The difference is both of us will have only played on game there.

Wayne
12-04-2015, 07:32 AM
Game Day! What a long week it has been! I don't know what the outcome of this game will be, but I'm pretty confident it will go the Eagles way. Good luck to both teams and I hope everyone has safe travels.

eaglesfan34
12-04-2015, 12:08 PM
Listen online at www.sportsgram.net Pregame at 8:30pm, kickoff at 9pm. Should be a good one.

lostaussie
12-04-2015, 02:59 PM
DAMN.......I wish I could go see this game:D

bearbear78
12-04-2015, 03:35 PM
Go get em Eagles! Argyle is the end of the road again this year for LE.

Aguilafanatico
12-04-2015, 04:07 PM
Go get em Eagles! Argyle is the end of the road again this year for LE.

Appreciate the support from our brethren out west!

lostaussie
12-04-2015, 04:23 PM
I'm not pulling for anyone. Could care less really. I think LE has a fine team and to be honest, I always liked playing Argyle. Even though our 25% winning percentage is probably one of the highest in the state, y'all got good kids and a class program. May the best team win and may the refs not be a factor. Good luck guys!!!

Gsquared
12-04-2015, 04:49 PM
Sooo ready for this game!!! Bout to walk out the door right now and head there and catch the Lancaster/Lone Star game, that should be a pretty good appetizer before the MAIN EVENT!!! Go Eagles, Go Leopards!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eylau
12-04-2015, 06:43 PM
Game will be played live on NFHSnetwork.Com

83Indian
12-04-2015, 11:34 PM
Tight game at half

LE 14
Argyle 12

LE big, fast, definitely have some swagger to them

Argyle executed well early but squandered two LE turnovers by fumbling handoffs on back to back possessions

LE has the momentum. Will be a great second half

83Indian
12-05-2015, 12:30 AM
End of 3rd

Argyle 29
LE 21

Other than the quick score by LE to start the third, LE has played bad football. Two fumbles and an uncovered wr that went untouched for a td. LE better get it together or this will get ugly

poisoned10
12-05-2015, 12:45 AM
L-E's Andre Wiley was taken off of the field on a stretcher after delivering a big hit. He was strapped down and was able to throw up an 'L' to his team and fans as they took him off.

Tejastrue
12-05-2015, 12:52 AM
Argyle announcers are pathetic...

lostaussie
12-05-2015, 01:07 AM
I can't get it to play but I know its 32-29

poisoned10
12-05-2015, 01:14 AM
Final:

Argyle - 32
L-E - 29

bearbear78
12-05-2015, 01:37 AM
Good win Eagles!

83Indian
12-05-2015, 02:34 AM
Very exciting game like you would expect. Turnovers for both teams. In the end, I believe LE had more talent but Argyle just played s smarter game. LE qb is a great talent just doesn't know when to throw the ball away and play for another down. Argyle QB has just enough speed to avoid the rush and made good decisions all night. LE overall I think was the more talented team, but discipline and execution won out for Argyle. On another note for LE, the swagger was a little over the top on a few plays. The refs didn't call taunting when they could have very easily. Good luck to Argyle next week and congrats to LE on a great season

regaleagle
12-05-2015, 02:42 AM
Just got back to my room at the Winstar......what a great game, folks. LE was everything as advertised, and so was Argyle. Actually, I thought Argyle played much better than the final score showed, but with the call backs of TD's(penalties) and the two mishandled handoffs by Sweatt (unforced) in scoring range it was nip and tuck til the end. Argyle did take a knee at the end from the inside the 5 yd line. But Kemon Freeman is a great athlete......nothing but totally in awe of his abilities. I think I'll go down to the casino floor, have a beer, and celebrate. WAY TO GO EAGLES!!!!

toddg
12-05-2015, 02:47 AM
Both teams open field tackling was phenominal..holes closed extremely quick and not a lot of room in the passing game..best man-to-man pass coverage Iv seen in a long time by both teams!! Most impressive thing I saw was a Argyle DB run down an LE wr. from behind and make a tackle on sure TD run.. Great game to watch for sure!

Tom Foolery
12-05-2015, 11:07 AM
Argyle announcers are pathetic...

I know it hurts when your team is not playing anymore and you have to listen to someone else's broadcast. So while Argyle continues to play on, and you are home on the computer, listen to someone else.

Tejastrue
12-05-2015, 11:38 AM
lol...Just gave my opinion...obviously you did not care for it. I'm not the first though. In fairness, in the past, I've said the same about a couple of Wimberley announcers. Just a note..when we get back in the next couple of years and Argyle is in our way..we'll do it again.

Tom Foolery
12-05-2015, 01:34 PM
lol...Just gave my opinion...obviously you did not care for it. I'm not the first though. In fairness, in the past, I've said the same about a couple of Wimberley announcers. Just a note..when we get back in the next couple of years and Argyle is in our way..we'll do it again.

Not the first? Or just the first that thought his opinion mattered? Argyle will keep winning and keep broadcasting and you keep hoping for that match up.

lostaussie
12-05-2015, 01:57 PM
I know it hurts when your team is not playing anymore and you have to listen to someone else's broadcast. So while Argyle continues to play on, and you are home on the computer, listen to someone else.

Tom was that you calling the game? :D

Tejastrue
12-05-2015, 02:18 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking..lol

lostaussie
12-05-2015, 02:34 PM
I tried to listen to broadcast but finally gave up. I would get about 30 seconds of feed and then it would lock up.

Tom Foolery
12-05-2015, 05:22 PM
Not me. I was sitting in the stands. Just think its wrong the way he called out those guys. Pretty harsh words about some guys who volunteer their time so people like Tejastrue can listen. Not a very long line of volunteers wanting to do what they do. They are always looking for talented people to help so Tejas, why don't you show your stuff and help out. This way you can still have a team playing in December. LOL

Tejastrue
12-05-2015, 07:07 PM
I think you are taking this a bit far. I enjoy high school football tremendously and the sole reason I tried listening to this game. If you are personally offended then I will apologize. Looking back I will admit the use of the word "pathetic" was a bit strong. Volunteers or not they still represent the Eagles. If you are happy with what they do then more power to you. I'm not an Argyle hater or a LE fan. I just found it very hard to listen to and enjoy the game with how it was presented. I am however surprised to hear they are volunteers with all the money floating around the Argle ISD area. One thing I have not said yet..congrats on the win. It was impressive to say the least. Careful about the Dec comment. The walls can easily come tumbling down.

Eylau
12-07-2015, 02:50 PM
Very exciting game like you would expect. Turnovers for both teams. In the end, I believe LE had more talent but Argyle just played s smarter game. LE qb is a great talent just doesn't know when to throw the ball away and play for another down. Argyle QB has just enough speed to avoid the rush and made good decisions all night. LE overall I think was the more talented team, but discipline and execution won out for Argyle. On another note for LE, the swagger was a little over the top on a few plays. The refs didn't call taunting when they could have very easily. Good luck to Argyle next week and congrats to LE on a great season

and argyle could have just as easily been called for taunting, or the play where an argyle player ran up and pushed an LE player back down after the play was over.... no flag on that either lol. It was a very emotional game for both teams and I'm glad neither was flagged for "taunting"