PDA

View Full Version : Silsbee vs Carthage Friday 7:30 Rose Stadium Tyler

Pepper Brooks
11-28-2015, 09:37 AM
A lot of offense in this game.
Should be fun. I know Silsbee is the underdog in this one, but you never know.

Silsbee has one of the most prolific offenses in the state (El Campo found that out)

May both teams have an injury free game

lostaussie
11-28-2015, 09:46 AM
95% of the folks on this board thought this would be El Campo/Navasota. Shows how predictable high school football is.
I know this, them Carthage boys got they duck in a row right now.
I don't know much about Silsbee at all, but I do know y'all must have had one hell of an exciting game last night!!!

Pepper Brooks
11-28-2015, 09:59 AM
95% of the folks on this board thought this would be El Campo/Navasota. Shows how predictable high school football is.
I know this, them Carthage boys got they duck in a row right now.
I don't know much about Silsbee at all, but I do know y'all must have had one hell of an exciting game last night!!!

It is not unusual for folks to pick against Silsbee. Hell! Its been that way for most of my 52 yrs on earth...lol
I can tell you this, if Carthage defense plays like they did against Navasota, I would be very nervous if I were a Bulldog fan.

oldtownag
11-28-2015, 10:25 AM
It is not unusual for folks to pick against Silsbee. Hell! Its been that way for most of my 52 yrs on earth...lol
I can tell you this, if Carthage defense plays like they did against Navasota, I would be very nervous if I were a Bulldog fan.

You might not have listened to the Carthage / Navasota game huh?

Carthage defense had their moments. For example, Carthage scored 29 unanswered points in one stretch to go from 15 points down to 14 points up!

Pepper Brooks
11-28-2015, 10:43 AM

Carthage defense had their moments. For example, Carthage scored 29 unanswered points in one stretch to go from 15 points down to 14 points up!

No disrespect, but they better have more than moments against Silsbee.

hollywood
11-28-2015, 10:44 AM

Agreed. Carthage answered and overcame one of the, if not the, most potent offenses in all of 4A football. Carthage's defense rose to the occasion.

hollywood
11-28-2015, 10:46 AM

Is Silsbee primarily a run oriented, balanced, or spread offensive attack?

oldtownag
11-28-2015, 10:52 AM

Excuse me, I doubt anyone from Carthage is intimidated by the Bee's!

db1980
11-28-2015, 11:00 AM

Seriously doubt silsbee' offense is anywhere near to what navasota' was. I think navasota had 5 possessions in the second half. The silsbee defense will be the unit to get tested. They will be on the field a lot.

bansheefan03
11-28-2015, 11:07 AM
I think they have been pretty balenced all year

cowboyandchrist
11-28-2015, 11:46 AM

The Dawgs O line is big, strong, and quick, they will punish and move the D line of Silsbee off the line of scrimmage. The Dawg D played against the best scoring machine in 4A football for the last two years. I think they will make the stops against Silsbee, matter of fact I think Silsbee will have a hard time scoring against the Dawg D. We get the big thumper back this week (middle linebacker) he has been out for six weeks. He had 55 tackles in five games before he got hurt. The twin towers (Defensive ends) put pressure on the Navasota Q/B and the result was three INTS. The Dawgs will be better next week than they were last night. The Dawgs are for real and with one of the best coaches in the state I look for this game to be Dawgs 45 and Silsbee 28.
The storm started three weeks ago with (week one) strong winds, (week two) brought heavy rain, (week three) last night came the thunder and lightning, (week four) now comes the hail. The storm is now moving towards Silsbee, are you ready.
It is all in good fun and I am a big time Dawg fan.
God Bless players, coaches, and fans.

j_dog
11-28-2015, 11:47 AM
Seriously doubt silsbee' offense is anywhere near to what navasota' was. I think navasota had 5 possessions in the second half. The silsbee defense will be the unit to get tested. They will be on the field a lot.

I saw Navasota last week, and Silsbee last night. Silsbee and Navasota had a common opponent. Jasper forced a Navasota punt on the first series. It was deep into the third period before Silsbee punted against Jasper. Navasota was clearly very good, not disputing that. But Silsbee offense is pretty darn good also. I think they are more athletic than Navasota. And they have a coach that is willing to bet the ranch on any play. Carthage will be a heavy favorite most likely, but I do not think they will have a walk in the park.

db1980
11-28-2015, 12:21 PM
I saw Navasota last week, and Silsbee last night. Silsbee and Navasota had a common opponent. Jasper forced a Navasota punt on the first series. It was deep into the third period before Silsbee punted against Jasper. Navasota was clearly very good, not disputing that. But Silsbee offense is pretty darn good also. I think they are more athletic than Navasota. And they have a coach that is willing to bet the ranch on any play. Carthage will be a heavy favorite most likely, but I do not think they will have a walk in the park.

Transitive property doesn't usually work too well in football.

More athletic than navasota huh? Wow!!

Pepper Brooks
11-28-2015, 12:23 PM
Poor ole Silsbee.
Might as well not even show up against the Gods of football "Carthage"

Carthage may win, but it will not be a walk in the park that most of you think it will.

Honestly IMO Silsbee is better than Navasota, just as many weapons if not more.

j_dog
11-28-2015, 12:40 PM
Transitive property doesn't usually work too well in football.

More athletic than navasota huh? Wow!!

Just an opinion based upon what I saw with my own eyes. I would say that Navasota overall was fast, but smaller. I think Silsbee is bigger, athletic, and fast. Just my opinion.

cowboyandchrist
11-28-2015, 12:55 PM
Dawgs 45. Silsbee 28. God Bless players, coaches, and fans.

Dawgs
11-28-2015, 01:24 PM
Poor ole Silsbee.
Might as well not even show up against the Gods of football "Carthage"

Carthage may win, but it will not be a walk in the park that most of you think it will.

Honestly IMO Silsbee is better than Navasota, just as many weapons if not more.

Easy Killa. I know Carthage has embarrassed Silsbee the last few times we met in the playoffs, but you don't have to be so defensive. So Silsbee is better than Navasota? Wow. Yall have come along way from those routs Carthage handed yall in the past from the sound of it. But if I remember correctly this is the same rhetoric we have heard before. Anyway, the Carthage offense is going to gut the Silsbee D. Our D won't have to get many stops. Silsbee fans should know better than anybody what happens when the Carthage train gets rolling. Yall have been on the tracks a couple of times. Should be an entertaining game in front of a definite pro Carthage crowd in Tyler.

Pepper Brooks
11-28-2015, 01:48 PM
Easy Killa. I know Carthage has embarrassed Silsbee the last few times we met in the playoffs, but you don't have to be so defensive. So Silsbee is better than Navasota? Wow. Yall have come along way from those routs Carthage handed yall in the past from the sound of it. But if I remember correctly this is the same rhetoric we have heard before. Anyway, the Carthage offense is going to gut the Silsbee D. Our D won't have to get many stops. Silsbee fans should know better than anybody what happens when the Carthage train gets rolling. Yall have been on the tracks a couple of times. Should be an entertaining game in front of a definite pro Carthage crowd in Tyler.

Different type of Silsbee team.
Not defensive at all. I know y'all are proud of your team, as well as Cathage fans should be.
Its all in fun.
But to think that Carthage is going to roll this Silsbee team, well it's just asinine.
Yes IMO this Silsbee team is better than Navasota.

A QB with over 1,400 yds rushing and 2,400 yds passing over 64 total TD's
RB with over 1000 yds rushing
A WR with 1000 yds receiving not including the other recievers.
A huge offensive line
Believe me, our QB does not discriminate on who he gets the ball to.
Weapons all over the field.

Safe travels to and from the game.

solocam
11-28-2015, 02:11 PM
carthage by 17

bird_fan
11-28-2015, 03:29 PM
This is really interesting facts
Silsbee is 2-1 in he playoffs vs El Campo winning this year 43-42 and in 1990 27-7 and losing in 1967 26-19
Silsbee is 1-2 in the playoffs vs Carthage winning in 1998 43-21 and losing in 2012 50-21 and in 2014 49-6
what is interesting is the year they beat Carthage the next week they beat El Campo 27-7
also the years Carthage won Carthage lost to El Campo he following week So what happens this time????
Im going with the DAWGS because I think they are the better team at this point of the year. The Bird made to many mistakes last nigh to win to many penalities wiped out to many big plays they usually dont make. But hats off to Slisbee they played a heck of a game to. For the Ricebirds the year ended the same way it began a one point loss due to a PAT conversion. we didnr do too bad this year with a new Head coach Good job Coach Condra let hope for better things as you program grows in place.
Good luck to Both Silsbee and Carthage. Hope the winner of this game wins State!!!

BuckNut75644
11-28-2015, 03:39 PM
I'm taking Carthage, +17.

bansheefan03
11-28-2015, 03:43 PM
We didn't play in 14 it was 13 last time these two teams met

ctown81
11-28-2015, 07:47 PM

Carthage defense played GREAT! only 27 points I put on them. Carthage had the pick 6, the botched pooch kick and the 4 and 10 they went for it on deep in their own territory. That was 21 of the points. Keep looking at the star line if you want.

chaingang
11-28-2015, 08:08 PM
Silsbee is very dangerous! I'm not trying to use us as a measuring stick but they were the only team that scored 4TDs on our defense. Foster don't count lol!. With that said, I took the Carthage win against Navasota as very impressive. Now was that because Sota was overrated because of the weak district schedule? Not sure. I haven't seen either play. But I have seen Silsbee and they are very good offensively. Their defense can have some improvement but it seems their motto this year is to just outscore people and that seems to be working. I can't make a prediction because of only following 1 of the 2 teams but I can say Silsbee will bring it!!!! SETX needs to take care of business and hopefully we will too! Let's bring 2 Region 3 Championships home and keep going toward NRG Stadium!!!

chaingang
11-28-2015, 08:10 PM
Winner plays China Spring or LaVega correct? Some tuff teams coming up to whomever wins Friday!

Dawgs
11-28-2015, 08:21 PM
Silsbee is very dangerous! I'm not trying to use us as a measuring stick but they were the only team that scored 4TDs on our defense. Foster don't count lol!. With that said, I took the Carthage win against Navasota as very impressive. Now was that because Sota was overrated because of the weak district schedule? Not sure. I haven't seen either play. But I have seen Silsbee and they are very good offensively. Their defense can have some improvement but it seems their motto this year is to just outscore people and that seems to be working. I can't make a prediction because of only following 1 of the 2 teams but I can say Silsbee will bring it!!!! SETX needs to take care of business and hopefully we will too! Let's bring 2 Region 3 Championships home and keep going toward NRG Stadium!!!

What about the Carthage 34-0 win over 11-0 Stafford? Was Sota overrated? Idk, they played the same schedule last year and won a state championship. They returned pretty much everybody. I deep down do not think this game will be close. It is just not a good matchup. Carthage can win so many different ways. Defense, passing game, running game. SETX teams have really struggled with Carthage, I don't think anything changes this week.

Dawgs
11-28-2015, 08:22 PM
Winner plays China Spring or LaVega correct? Some tuff teams coming up to whomever wins Friday!
Yes, those are 2 quality teams. The winner of this game will be in a battle to make it to NRG.

Dawgs
11-28-2015, 08:26 PM
This is really interesting facts
Silsbee is 2-1 in he playoffs vs El Campo winning this year 43-42 and in 1990 27-7 and losing in 1967 26-19
Silsbee is 1-2 in the playoffs vs Carthage winning in 1998 43-21 and losing in 2012 50-21 and in 2014 49-6
what is interesting is the year they beat Carthage the next week they beat El Campo 27-7
also the years Carthage won Carthage lost to El Campo he following week So what happens this time????
Im going with the DAWGS because I think they are the better team at this point of the year. The Bird made to many mistakes last nigh to win to many penalities wiped out to many big plays they usually dont make. But hats off to Slisbee they played a heck of a game to. For the Ricebirds the year ended the same way it began a one point loss due to a PAT conversion. we didnr do too bad this year with a new Head coach Good job Coach Condra let hope for better things as you program grows in place.
Good luck to Both Silsbee and Carthage. Hope the winner of this game wins State!!!

Stylistically EC would be a much tougher matchup for Carthage. There style of play is going to be what it will take to beat this Carthage teams. I was really pulling for EC to win. I wanted another shot at the Ricebirds. Yall have had our number twice, I would have loved for Carthage to repay the favor.

chaingang
11-28-2015, 10:11 PM
What about the Carthage 34-0 win over 11-0 Stafford? Was Sota overrated? Idk, they played the same schedule last year and won a state championship. They returned pretty much everybody. I deep down do not think this game will be close. It is just not a good matchup. Carthage can win so many different ways. Defense, passing game, running game. SETX teams have really struggled with Carthage, I don't think anything changes this week.

Is Stafford still playing?

chaingang
11-28-2015, 10:13 PM
An undefeated Navarro team just lost to a 5 loss team. Sometimes undefeated doesn't really mean anything. Of course the Gobblers aren't a normal 5 loss team but should prove my point.

AggiesAreWe
11-29-2015, 03:26 PM
Carthage is the favorite, but not overwhelming favorite like some of the Carthage fans are stating. I like confidence but some of the comments I have read on different sites crosses the line to complete arrogance.

Give me my Tigers in a slight upset. Silsbee 47, Carthage 45

Dawgs
11-29-2015, 07:13 PM
Carthage is the favorite, but not overwhelming favorite like some of the Carthage fans are stating. I like confidence but some of the comments I have read on different sites crosses the line to complete arrogance.

Give me my Tigers in a slight upset. Silsbee 47, Carthage 45

I will say that humility is not Carthage poster's strong suit on HS football forums. Most are over the top, especially in years like this. I won't even attempt to defend it, cause it is what it is. In actuality, for the most part, it is just supreme confidence, that probably crosses the line to arrogance like you said. No ill will is intended for opposing programs or their fan base, I promise you that. If you haven't been on one of these playoff rides before with these Carthage teams, you just can't understand. Again I won't try to explain it, cause we posters get enough grief over it all ready. I will admit it as a fan and a poster, that deep down in all my bones, I don't think there is any way in hell Silsbee wins this game. If that is arrogance, than sorry. I just don't see Silsbee winning any facet of the game. Special teams? Maybe. But Carthage has a better coach, atleast an equal offense, and a better defense. Plus more tradition, and what should be home field advantage. Tyler will absolutely not be a "neutral" site. I don't see how with all those things considered Carthage is not the overwhelming favorite, even if it irks Silsbee fans.

Pepper Brooks
11-29-2015, 07:50 PM
I will say that humility is not Carthage poster's strong suit on HS football forums. Most are over the top, especially in years like this. I won't even attempt to defend it, cause it is what it is. In actuality, for the most part, it is just supreme confidence, that probably crosses the line to arrogance like you said. No ill will is intended for opposing programs or their fan base, I promise you that. If you haven't been on one of these playoff rides before with these Carthage teams, you just can't understand. Again I won't try to explain it, cause we posters get enough grief over it all ready. I will admit it as a fan and a poster, that deep down in all my bones, I don't think there is any way in hell Silsbee wins this game. If that is arrogance, than sorry. I just don't see Silsbee winning any facet of the game. Special teams? Maybe. But Carthage has a better coach, atleast an equal offense, and a better defense. Plus more tradition, and what should be home field advantage. Tyler will absolutely not be a "neutral" site. I don't see how with all those things considered Carthage is not the overwhelming favorite, even if it irks Silsbee fans.
No way in hell, huh.
What in the hell does tradition have to do with winning a football game?
Cockiness and arrogance all rolled into one, God!! Carthage fans are insufferable!!
You better pray that Silsbee does not win, because there will be a lot crow served.

lostaussie
11-29-2015, 07:51 PM
No way in hell, huh.
Cockiness and arrogance all rolled into one, God!! Carthage fans are insufferable!!
You better pray that Silsbee does not win, because there will be a lot crow served.

There was never a doubt that was coming:D

Pepper Brooks
11-29-2015, 08:04 PM
There was never a doubt that was coming:D

:clap::lies::taunt:

Dawgs
11-29-2015, 08:19 PM
No way in hell, huh.

We have had our share of crow. I will have mine served on a silver platter if Silsbee stays within 2 scores. I promise I will be back to accept mine. If you don't think tradition has something to do with winning big time playoff games, then you don't know much about elite level football. Do you think its a coincidence that it is always the same teams at the top year in and year out? Teams with supreme coaching staffs and a ton of tradition. What do you call that? Lets talk football. Where do you see Silsbee with an advantage in this game. I don't see 1 advantage. Let's only look at playoffs since both teams have for sure improved a ton since their last defeat. Carthage played CH a week before Silsbee did in the 1st round of the playoffs. Carthage won 34-14, in what was a rout. Could've been 50-0. 1 week later Silsbee gives up 46 to the same team that could barely get a 1st down against Carthage. The next week Silsbee played Sealy, and won 35-21. Sota played that same team and gave up only 7. We hung 55 on Sota, and ran up almost 600 yards of offense. Silsbee got there best win of the season last week in impressive fashion over EC 43-42. Carthage the week before beat an undefeated Stafford team 34-0 that held EC to 8 points. Carthage by far has the more impressive wins over Stafford and Sota. Silsbee's only marquee win was over EC. Just from assumptions one would have to assume Carthage is superior on both sides of the ball. As for coaching, lets just leave that one alone. I am sure Silsbee has a great coaching staff, but Surratt and co speak for themselves. So where is the advantage? Since I have heard Silsbee is physical up front let's call that a wash. Cause Carthage Oline and Dline will line up with anybody in the state. I would say a running QB could hurt us, if we didn't have 2 twin towers playing ends that will set outside contain and play disciplined football. Tell me where you think Silsbee has an advantage in this game.

Pepper Brooks
11-29-2015, 08:37 PM
We have had our share of crow. I will have mine served on a silver platter if Silsbee stays within 2 scores. I promise I will be back to accept mine. If you don't think tradition has something to do with winning big time playoff games, then you don't know much about elite level football. Do you think its a coincidence that it is always the same teams at the top year in and year out? Teams with supreme coaching staffs and a ton of tradition. What do you call that? Lets talk football. Where do you see Silsbee with an advantage in this game. I don't see 1 advantage. Let's only look at playoffs since both teams have for sure improved a ton since their last defeat. Carthage played CH a week before Silsbee did in the 1st round of the playoffs. Carthage won 34-14, in what was a rout. Could've been 50-0. 1 week later Silsbee gives up 46 to the same team that could barely get a 1st down against Carthage. The next week Silsbee played Sealy, and won 35-21. Sota played that same team and gave up only 7. We hung 55 on Sota, and ran up almost 600 yards of offense. Silsbee got there best win of the season last week in impressive fashion over EC 43-42. Carthage the week before beat an undefeated Stafford team 34-0 that held EC to 8 points. Carthage by far has the more impressive wins over Stafford and Sota. Silsbee's only marquee win was over EC. Just from assumptions one would have to assume Carthage is superior on both sides of the ball. As for coaching, lets just leave that one alone. I am sure Silsbee has a great coaching staff, but Surratt and co speak for themselves. So where is the advantage? Since I have heard Silsbee is physical up front let's call that a wash. Cause Carthage Oline and Dline will line up with anybody in the state. I would say a running QB could hurt us, if we didn't have 2 twin towers playing ends that will set outside contain and play disciplined football. Tell me where you think Silsbee has an advantage in this game.

Look I am not saying Carthage is a bad football team, there are no bad football teams playing in Dec.
Silsbee has a prolific passing game and a great running game. West Orange Stark could not shut them down (arguably one of the top 5 defenses in the state) Defense Carthage has the advantage
Special teams is a wash. Coaching with Surratt and his staff are great, but McGallion and his staff are no slouches.
Silsbee offense will have the advantage and the defense will make enough stops to give the ball back to the offense and let them do their thing.

I respect your opinion, but that is all that it is, just like mine.
Silsbee will come to play but win or lose it will be closer than all you and your Carthage fans claim

Dawgs
11-29-2015, 09:59 PM
Look I am not saying Carthage is a bad football team, there are no bad football teams playing in Dec.
Silsbee has a prolific passing game and a great running game. West Orange Stark could not shut them down (arguably one of the top 5 defenses in the state) Defense Carthage has the advantage
Special teams is a wash. Coaching with Surratt and his staff are great, but McGallion and his staff are no slouches.
Silsbee offense will have the advantage and the defense will make enough stops to give the ball back to the offense and let them do their thing.

Silsbee will come to play but win or lose it will be closer than all you and your Carthage fans claim

Ok, I can respect that. We will know Friday night about 11 one way or the other. Safe travels to all the fans that are able to make the drive to the game. Good luck to both teams. I hope it's half as exciting as each teams last 2 games!

chaingang
11-30-2015, 01:01 PM

Normally I would go very against that statement but its true. We SLOWED you down enough to out score you. Didnt shut Thomas down. 28 pts on the Mustang defense is pretty salty. Silsbee will score a bunch of points in this one. The key to a Tiger win is to SLOW down Carthage offense enough to win. This could be a 56-49 type game. Go get that win Silsbee!! WOS is behind you 112%!!

oldtownag
11-30-2015, 02:56 PM

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1499879/thumbs/o-POT-MEET-KETTLE-570.jpg

Eylau
11-30-2015, 03:08 PM
Carthage by 21

bird_fan
11-30-2015, 04:17 PM
Stylistically EC would be a much tougher matchup for Carthage. There style of play is going to be what it will take to beat this Carthage teams. I was really pulling for EC to win. I wanted another shot at the Ricebirds. Yall have had our number twice, I would have loved for Carthage to repay the favor.

I have nothing but respect for Carthage and coach Surratt (sorry if I mispelled it) what this program has done on the last 8 years is amazing. That said I think they will just take care of business vs Silsbee. Silsbee will put up a fight they do have quite an offense bu in the end Carthage gets the win. Wouldnt be surprised if they won It all again.

lostaussie
11-30-2015, 05:20 PM
Winner of this gets CS/LaVega.......no rest for the weary!!!

waterboy
11-30-2015, 05:50 PM
Winner of this gets CS/LaVega.......no rest for the weary!!!

Don't forget about Liberty-Eylau, Argyle, Wylie, or Brownwood on the other side of the bracket. I'm thinking Carthage and Liberty-Eylau in the finals, a full scale bEast Texas matchup. What say ye?

91 lion
11-30-2015, 06:06 PM

Silsbee has a coach that's willing to bet the ranch?......have you ever heard of a guy named Surratt??

Sounds like you guys are in for a good game and a lot of fun...

Dawgs
11-30-2015, 06:32 PM
Silsbee has a coach that's willing to bet the ranch?......have you ever heard of a guy named Surratt??

Sounds like you guys are in for a good game and a lot of fun...

Guy went for it on 4th and 10 from our own 31 in the first half after giving up 2 unanswered scores, and didn't make it! He will give you a heart attack in a hurry. But then he pulls some crazy win out of his behind like last week, and everything is forgotten. I still can't believe he went for it on 4th and 10 from our own 15-20 yard line against WOS in 2013 with a lead! Guy literally thinks he is playing a video game. But he has the players to back him up, and he has them all thinking just like him.

Dawgs
11-30-2015, 06:36 PM
Don't forget about Liberty-Eylau, Argyle, Wylie, or Brownwood on the other side of the bracket. I'm thinking Carthage and Liberty-Eylau in the finals, a full scale bEast Texas matchup. What say ye?
4a D1 is a gauntlet. I don't think you can pick a favorite out of the teams left. Who ever wins it this season will have earned it for sure.

Aesculus gilmus
11-30-2015, 06:47 PM
I am so glad this game is being played at the same time ours is in Longview. Here's hoping it'll draw away some of the fans away from our game and we'll have more room at Pirate Stadium.

I am curious as to how Carthage got Silsbee to agree to Tyler, though. Did they lose a flip? No way in hell would I have agreed to play there if I were Silsbee. This might as well be a home game for Carthage. It'd be similar to Gilmer playing West Orange-Stark there.

91 lion
11-30-2015, 06:49 PM
Guy went for it on 4th and 10 from our own 31 in the first half after giving up 2 unanswered scores, and didn't make it! He will give you a heart attack in a hurry. But then he pulls some crazy win out of his behind like last week, and everything is forgotten. I still can't believe he went for it on 4th and 10 from our own 15-20 yard line against WOS in 2013 with a lead! Guy literally thinks he is playing a video game. But he has the players to back him up, and he has them all thinking just like him.

I saw it 1st hand in 2010 Bwd/Carthage. Not sure how many times he went for it on 4th down, but if memory serves, it was more than a handful....

oldtownag
11-30-2015, 06:52 PM
I am so glad this game is being played at the same time ours is in Longview. Here's hoping it'll draw away some of the fans away from our game and we'll have more room at Pirate Stadium.

I am curious as to how Carthage got Silsbee to agree to Tyler, though. Did they lose a flip? No way in hell would I have agreed to play there if I were Silsbee. This might as well be a home game for Carthage. It'd be similar to Gilmer playing West Orange-Stark there.

Two years ago Carthage lost flip with Silsbee. We ended up playing them at Lamar University. Its my understanding that this is the payback because its Carthage turn to choose the venue.

91 lion
11-30-2015, 06:55 PM
Two years ago Carthage lost flip with Silsbee. We ended up playing them at Lamar University. Its my understanding that this is the payback because its Carthage turn to choose the venue.

I was wondering how it wound up being scheduled in the Dawgs backyard.

Dawgs
11-30-2015, 08:07 PM
I saw it 1st hand in 2010 Bwd/Carthage. Not sure how many times he went for it on 4th down, but if memory serves, it was more than a handful....
Many times. You have too against offenses as potent as Brownwood that year, and Sota this year. You cannot give up possessions. In the WOS game they had all the momentum, plus we were kicking into 50 mph wind. That really broke them when we picked up that 1st down. Another thing is we rarely freakin punt the whole season. You going to risk a botched punt, or give your proven offense a chance. There is a calculated method to the madness.

Dawgs
11-30-2015, 08:10 PM
This is correct. It was Carthage turn to choose the venue cause we lost the flip last time we met. I read somewhere that actually it had exceeded the time frame constituted in the rule, but that the Silsbee coach agreed on good faith, since it was a year too long based on the rule.

AggiesAreWe
11-30-2015, 09:58 PM
This is correct. It was Carthage turn to choose the venue cause we lost the flip last time we met. I read somewhere that actually it had exceeded the time frame constituted in the rule, but that the Silsbee coach agreed on good faith, since it was a year too long based on the rule.

Correct. The time had expired but Coach McGallion honored the agreement and that is why the game is in Tyler. It's all good.

Pepper Brooks
12-01-2015, 02:41 PM

You are right please forgive me..I have seen the error of my ways

Silsbee has O weapons on offense. The QB is small, slow and not a very good arm. The receivers look like they run in molasses. The RB runs with sand bags tied to his feet The offensive line is small.(I just don't see how that one kid is the #2 rated lineman in the country...must be a commie plot ) the defense...well, they try I will give them that.

Both teams will play with a running clock to start the game because Silsbee will be down 56 points as they step off the bus.

No team in Texas or dare I say the whole football playing world compares to the 2015 Carthage Bulldogs.

Dawgs
12-01-2015, 04:03 PM
You are right please forgive me..I have seen the error of my ways

Silsbee has O weapons on offense. The QB is small, slow and not a very good arm. The receivers look like they run in molasses. The RB runs with sand bags tied to his feet The offensive line is small.(I just don't see how that one kid is the #2 rated lineman in the country...must be a commie plot ) the defense...well, they try I will give them that.

Both teams will play with a running clock to start the game because Silsbee will be down 56 points as they step off the bus.

No team in Texas or dare I say the whole football playing world compares to the 2015 Carthage Bulldogs.

You got some issues guy. Some serious "little man" syndrome. We will see Friday night, I guess not much more to discuss. We say we will win, and then you throw a tantrum on how we are so arrogant and then spit out a line of BS like the above post. Good luck to the young men from Silsbee Friday night.

Pepper Brooks
12-01-2015, 04:14 PM
You got some issues guy. Some serious "little man" syndrome. We will see Friday night, I guess not much more to discuss. We say we will win, and then you throw a tantrum on how we are so arrogant and then spit out a line of BS like the above post. Good luck to the young men from Silsbee Friday night.
Believe me, I have no issues.
I just find it comical that every messege board that one goes to. Silsbee has zero chance in this game.
For Carthage fans to discount what Silsbee has done this season is crazy.

Dawgs
12-01-2015, 04:27 PM
Believe me, I have no issues.
I just find it comical that every messege board that one goes to. Silsbee has zero chance in this game.
For Carthage fans to discount what Silsbee has done this season is crazy.
Absolutely not discounting anything those young men have achieved. Have you seen someone on this message board do that? They have a ton to be proud of, as do the fans. You are confusing Carthage fans truly believing they will win to a point of arrogance (as you say) with us downing Silsbee or trying to diminsh their accomplishments this season. That's just not the case. Look I'll say it again, Silsbee has had an awesome season up to this point. I am sure they have a awesome team and great coaches. But Carthge is on a whole other level right now. I'm talking beast mode. Silsbee's fantastic run stops Friday night in Tyler. Not a doubt in my mind.

waterboy
12-01-2015, 04:52 PM
Absolutely not discounting anything those young men have achieved. Have you seen someone on this message board do that? They have a ton to be proud of, as do the fans. You are confusing Carthage fans truly believing they will win to a point of arrogance (as you say) with us downing Silsbee or trying to diminsh their accomplishments this season. That's just not the case. Look I'll say it again, Silsbee has had an awesome season up to this point. I am sure they have a awesome team and great coaches. But Carthge is on a whole other level right now. I'm talking beast mode. Silsbee's fantastic run stops Friday night in Tyler. Not a doubt in my mind.

Oh, no! You done and went out on the deep end there, Dawgs! If he wants cocky, that there's the definition of it! I like it! :D

And..., I don't disagree at all... :D Go get 'em, Dawgs!

bansheefan03
12-01-2015, 05:54 PM
I could be wrong but with 80% of your offense on one person just can't see y'all beating Carthage

speedbump
12-01-2015, 06:56 PM
Might as well post it on this thread too. Cinderella turns into a pumpkin. Carthage by an ugly step sister. (or more)

oldtownag
12-01-2015, 07:31 PM

Yes IMO this Silsbee team is better than Navasota.

Silsbee offense will have the advantage

So I will say it again:

P.S. Its ok, you should support your team and believe in them. Just don't complain about Carthage fans doing the same thing!

Dawgs
12-01-2015, 07:39 PM
Might as well post it on this thread too. Cinderella turns into a pumpkin. Carthage by an ugly step sister. (or more)
Please remember you are dealing with country Carthage folks from the edge of Louisiana...Please help me understand what your comment means, cause I have no idea. Thanks in advance.

speedbump
12-01-2015, 08:48 PM
Please remember you are dealing with country Carthage folks from the edge of Louisiana...Please help me understand what your comment means, cause I have no idea. Thanks in advance.

It means Silsbees improbable wins over teams that should beat them is about to end and the score could get ugly. If you people bog down on Cinderella, wait till you get to Hansel and Gretel. LOL

Saggy Aggie
12-01-2015, 09:05 PM
Silsbee is gonna get smoked. The truth hurts

Dawgs
12-01-2015, 09:48 PM
It means Silsbees improbable wins over teams that should beat them is about to end and the score could get ugly. If you people bog down on Cinderella, wait till you get to Hansel and Gretel. LOL
Thanks alot!

ECBirdFan
12-02-2015, 09:26 AM
The Silsbee offense was pretty good. There passing game was off though. BUT there defense needs work. If Carthage is balanced like they were in the past I see them rolling this week.

Bullaholic
12-02-2015, 10:14 AM
Refreshing to see some spirited exchanges on the board....I have no doubt that both of these teams and their fans would have no trouble performing a Haka dance for the other before this big game....

AggiesAreWe
12-02-2015, 10:59 AM

Says the guy who has picked against Silsbee the last two weeks.

Odds are eventually in your favor. ;)

chaingang
12-02-2015, 11:22 AM

If we get the chance for a re-match, might as well call it Home field Advantage for WOS. We are only about 90 miles from NRG Stadium.:wave:

waterboy
12-02-2015, 11:46 AM
If we get the chance for a re-match, might as well call it Home field Advantage for WOS. We are only about 90 miles from NRG Stadium.:wave:

And we are an EXCELLENT road team. Hopefully we get that chance. We have Atlanta right now to focus on. They are good enough to send us home if we don't play completely focused and execute our game plan.

oldtownag
12-03-2015, 06:05 PM
And we are an EXCELLENT road team. Hopefully we get that chance. We have Atlanta right now to focus on. They are good enough to send us home if we don't play completely focused and execute our game plan.

Take it to the Atlanta / Gilmor Thread!

OldBison75
12-04-2015, 12:47 AM
Let me just say that Silsbee and Coach McGallion will be ready to play this week and you can be sure that they will have learned a few lessons from the Navasota vs Carthage game last week. The problem for them is that they have to be able to stop the Carthage offense. It can be done, but, I am not sure that Silsbee will be able to accomplish it enough times to outscore Carthage. What I do know is that the Carthage defense may give up some points to the athletic Silsbee team, but, they will also make enough plays on defense to win the game.

To put it simply, if Carthage can limit Silsbee to 5 or less possessions per half, they will stop them on at least 2 per half. If that is the case, Silsbee will score around 40 points. Carthage with 10 possessions in the game will score on at least 7 and have at least 49 points.

My prediction is Carthage 49 Silsbee 42.

waterboy
12-04-2015, 08:30 AM
Take it to the Atlanta / Gilmor Thread!

Nope. Ain't nobody over there except one guy with a split personality disorder, and us ol' Buckeyes. It's kind of boring...

Y'all just take care of business, you hear.

oldtownag
12-04-2015, 09:31 AM
Nope. Ain't nobody over there except one guy with a split personality disorder, and us ol' Buckeyes. It's kind of boring...

Y'all just take care of business, you hear.

Ok, you can stay. Good luck tonight.

HEMOTOXIC
12-04-2015, 10:35 AM
Carthage 52 Silsbee 42

waterboy
12-04-2015, 10:37 AM
Ok, you can stay. Good luck tonight.

Good luck to y'all, too, although I don't think you'll need it. :D Silsbee is pretty salty, but so are dem Dawgs...

ECBirdFan
12-04-2015, 02:33 PM
My opinion and prediction : Carthage 55 Silsbee 35.

waterboy
12-04-2015, 05:05 PM

You almost read my mind. I was thinking 55-34...

oldtownag
12-05-2015, 01:29 AM

Good guess!

Carthage 56 - Silsbee 40 Final

lostaussie
12-05-2015, 08:54 AM

Pretty good pick

oldtownag
12-05-2015, 12:09 PM
I would like to add that the game was one of the best officiated HS games I have ever witnessed.

That did not keep the "homers" from complaining (embarrassing). If you don't know the rules, just keep your mouth shut "fans".