PDA

View Full Version : WO-S Mustangs (12-1) vs Bellville Brahmas (11-2) 4A DII State Quarterfinals 2015

WOS87
11-28-2015, 12:28 AM
Let's get it started! I'm pretty sure this will be the first time these two have ever met each other.

chaingang
11-28-2015, 12:49 AM
A Stampede's a coming. And it ain't cattle.....

Rocket Man
11-28-2015, 04:40 AM
WOS should advance.

duckhunter
11-28-2015, 08:37 AM
Let's get it started! I'm pretty sure this will be the first time these two have ever met each other.

Texas Burger big game of the week

A game like this deserves to be played on a Saturday

The Bull #40
11-28-2015, 01:55 PM
Texas Burger big game of the week

A game like this deserves to be played on a Saturday

I agree, seems like they haven't had as many games on Saturday as in years past.... any ideas why?

solocam
11-28-2015, 02:07 PM
WOS advances

WO-S 89
11-28-2015, 02:08 PM
I agree, seems like they haven't had as many games on Saturday as in years past.... any ideas why?

My guess would be since the state championship for 4A is on a Friday.

griff
11-28-2015, 02:45 PM
My guess would be since the state championship for 4A is on a Friday.

Bingo. Most of the coaches in 4AD2 agree to play Friday playoff games because it gives their teams the same amount of days to prepare for each game and the state title game is on a Friday. If they are played on Saturday, it eliminates one day of preparation time and they can't use that day to give trainers time to work with injured players because Sunday is not an option for most.

If you follow 4AD2, get used to Friday games most of the time. I know Coach Thompson at WO-S will always prefer that.

Saggy Aggie
11-28-2015, 04:38 PM
Wos should win this pretty easily

WOS1
11-30-2015, 05:57 PM
Are we still having this game??? Sure is quiet.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2015, 06:07 PM
Are we still having this game??? Sure is quiet.
when there is a stampede coming and it ain't cattle ..... you better run and get out of the way :)

GUNHO
11-30-2015, 06:57 PM
I'm sure 87 don't mind this being on page 2.You know how he is...don't like WO-S to get a lot of attention.lol

The Bull #40
11-30-2015, 07:17 PM
Bingo. Most of the coaches in 4AD2 agree to play Friday playoff games because it gives their teams the same amount of days to prepare for each game and the state title game is on a Friday. If they are played on Saturday, it eliminates one day of preparation time and they can't use that day to give trainers time to work with injured players because Sunday is not an option for most.

If you follow 4AD2, get used to Friday games most of the time. I know Coach Thompson at WO-S will always prefer that.

Thanks for the answer! That makes sense to me, I never understood why some were on Fridays and some on Saturdays - I think it was a big disadvantage for the team playing Saturday if they played a team that played Friday the week before.

The Bull #40
11-30-2015, 07:22 PM

I think so too and I am definitely looking forward to it! I've heard and somewhat followed the WOS powerhouse for the last 10 or so years and they are always an impressive team, I feel like the program doesn't have rebuilding years! Buuuuut this week they have the misfortune of playing the Brahmas who are playing pretty good ball - and I'm not saying Bellville is going to win this game by any means but I'm saying we've been overlooked all year and just beat a Giddings team that most of the WOS faithful thought would beat us fairly easily. I think this game will be closer than many people expect. Who are the players to watch on your side so I know who to keep an eye on when Friday finally rolls around?

hookandladder
11-30-2015, 08:17 PM
WOS to much talent,ETS by a bunch.

Scoop27
11-30-2015, 08:45 PM
What's the webcast website link Bull?
The one that is on Broadcast list thread is invalid
Thanks
Mike

WOS87
11-30-2015, 08:58 PM
I'm pretty sure the Orange station will be broadcasting as we're the only local team still around.

http://kogt.com/category/sports/

GUNHO
11-30-2015, 09:31 PM
I think so too and I am definitely looking forward to it! I've heard and somewhat followed the WOS powerhouse for the last 10 or so years and they are always an impressive team, I feel like the program doesn't have rebuilding years! Buuuuut this week they have the misfortune of playing the Brahmas who are playing pretty good ball - and I'm not saying Bellville is going to win this game by any means but I'm saying we've been overlooked all year and just beat a Giddings team that most of the WOS faithful thought would beat us fairly easily. I think this game will be closer than many people expect. Who are the players to watch on your side so I know who to keep an eye on when Friday finally rolls around?

Hey Bull I picked yall to win.Yall played them pretty close first time around and I just had a felling you learned something.

As who to watch...of course QB # 3,kids having a staller year.We rotate 3 or 4 backs and all of the receivers.Can't remember all their numbers but they are all talented.We use the phrase PYP (pick your poison ) when it comes to the kids on offense.Our defense is kind of in the shadows with all the points the offense is scoring but they are pretty stout.Have given up 28 points in 3 playoffs games and half of those to our second string.Through 13 games we have given up 137 I think.
We look pretty awesome with the stats we have put up...BUT...so did Navarro and we saw what Cuero did to them and they had no where near the stats that Neverro put up.Beleive this...some fans may think this is going to be easy but the players and coaches know there is nothing easy about Bellville.Oh,your going to love that stadium.

The Bull #40
11-30-2015, 10:33 PM
What's the webcast website link Bull?
The one that is on Broadcast list thread is invalid
Thanks
Mike

http://bellvillesports.com/

It'll be up Friday, these guys are pretty knowledgeable about the players and do a good job of covering most of the details of the game.

The Bull #40
11-30-2015, 10:37 PM
Hey Bull I picked yall to win.Yall played them pretty close first time around and I just had a felling you learned something.

As who to watch...of course QB # 3,kids having a staller year.We rotate 3 or 4 backs and all of the receivers.Can't remember all their numbers but they are all talented.We use the phrase PYP (pick your poison ) when it comes to the kids on offense.Our defense is kind of in the shadows with all the points the offense is scoring but they are pretty stout.Have given up 28 points in 3 playoffs games and half of those to our second string.Through 13 games we have given up 137 I think.
We look pretty awesome with the stats we have put up...BUT...so did Navarro and we saw what Cuero did to them and they had no where near the stats that Neverro put up.Beleive this...some fans may think this is going to be easy but the players and coaches know there is nothing easy about Bellville.Oh,your going to love that stadium.

Hey GUNHO, good to hear from some WOS faithful! Thanks for the update on your team, it's always fun to watch the stud athletes under the spotlight of the playoffs. If you're wanting someone to watch, I'd without a doubt say #24 Briscoe our RB is our best player on offense and plays solid at the LB position on defense as well. On defense #9 Jackson, #32 McDade, and Briscoe are our best defenders and our defense as a whole is small but flies to the football and are a fun unit to watch.

GUNHO
11-30-2015, 10:55 PM
Hey GUNHO, good to hear from some WOS faithful! Thanks for the update on your team, it's always fun to watch the stud athletes under the spotlight of the playoffs. If you're wanting someone to watch, I'd without a doubt say #24 Briscoe our RB is our best player on offense and plays solid at the LB position on defense as well. On defense #9 Jackson, #32 McDade, and Briscoe are our best defenders and our defense as a whole is small but flies to the football and are a fun unit to watch.O

Ok thanks.We aren't very big either but our speed makes up for it.Like Bellville we fly to the ball.Looks like football weather Friday.Gonna be a little nifty.

WO-S 89
12-01-2015, 12:53 AM
Will there be a video webcast of the game like the WO-S vs Caldwell game.

GUNHO
12-01-2015, 08:41 AM
Will there be a video webcast of the game like the WO-S vs Caldwell game.

Not sure but KOGT will be airing it.Those guys do a great job with the play by play and their commentary.Makes you fell you are in the stadium.

griff
12-01-2015, 08:42 AM
www.texanlive.com will likely carry video of the game.

chaingang
12-01-2015, 10:33 AM
Not sure but KOGT will be airing it.Those guys do a great job with the play by play and their commentary.Makes you fell you are in the stadium.

I know a few people that streamed the live game but muted it and listened to KOGT with the Texan Live video. I will be doing that this week as I cant make it. You cant beat Gary Stelley and KOGT.

WO-S 89
12-01-2015, 11:08 AM
I know a few people that streamed the live game but muted it and listened to KOGT with the Texan Live video. I will be doing that this week as I cant make it. You cant beat Gary Stelley and KOGT.

I listen to kogt on my iPhone and watch the game on live but the problem I had is was kogt was always one play behind

WOS1
12-01-2015, 02:06 PM

I, personally, thought that Belville had a good chance at winning that game. Jones had been out with a broken foot and while Giddings was undefeated, it wasn't by much. They beat Caldwell late and only beat bviile by 2 the first time around.

OLE'BULL
12-01-2015, 04:20 PM
Boy have I been out of the loop, my wife so thoughtfully had our baby boy this Sunday so we will be home and settled in time for me to sneak back out Friday night! So if you don't mind a biased broadcast, definitely listen to bellvillesports.com. #40 nailed it, they know their stuff and do a good job. It's obvious they are Brahma fans but they keep it under control. Ok so texanlive needs to work on their skills, they kept changing camera angles in the middle of the play during the WOS/Caldwell broadcast. Regarding the game- it's no secret the Brahmas will have to play completely flawless football and then some to get a W. If anyone can get them ready it is Coach Rowe. Once I get back in the swing of things I will post what I know. Until then, I'm just hoping we get sent home from the hospital today!

HEMOTOXIC
12-01-2015, 04:59 PM
Man, WOS is playing on an entirely different level. They may even be better than last year's team. Scary, right!

WO-S by ... 21+.

chaingang
12-01-2015, 05:04 PM
Boy have I been out of the loop, my wife so thoughtfully had our baby boy this Sunday so we will be home and settled in time for me to sneak back out Friday night! So if you don't mind a biased broadcast, definitely listen to bellvillesports.com. #40 nailed it, they know their stuff and do a good job. It's obvious they are Brahma fans but they keep it under control. Ok so texanlive needs to work on their skills, they kept changing camera angles in the middle of the play during the WOS/Caldwell broadcast. Regarding the game- it's no secret the Brahmas will have to play completely flawless football and then some to get a W. If anyone can get them ready it is Coach Rowe. Once I get back in the swing of things I will post what I know. Until then, I'm just hoping we get sent home from the hospital today!

Congrats on the new baby boy!!! I wonder if its too early to football baptise him? I know a good game in New Caney coming up. LOL! Just kidding. I have a few of those kid things too.

OLE'BULL
12-01-2015, 05:31 PM
Congrats on the new baby boy!!! I wonder if its too early to football baptise him? I know a good game in New Caney coming up. LOL! Just kidding. I have a few of those kid things too.

Thanks! My first one was only 5 months old when he made his first Brahma game, mom was nervous and we left early! I don't want to risk that this Friday if I'm able to go, and I am hoping it is a good one until the end!

GUNHO
12-01-2015, 09:33 PM
Man, WOS is playing on an entirely different level. They may even be better than last year's team. Scary, right!

WO-S by ... 21+.

I think so too and their coach has said as much.What's scary is all the skilled people will be back.Just about everyone.To tell you the truth we were really looking for this kind of run next year not this year because only the QB came back on offense and just a few on defense.

chaingang
12-02-2015, 11:05 AM
Thanks! My first one was only 5 months old when he made his first Brahma game, mom was nervous and we left early! I don't want to risk that this Friday if I'm able to go, and I am hoping it is a good one until the end!

I know one thing, you Brahma folks are going to love the stadium. I cant remember if we are Home or yall are but both sides are super nice. Plus you wont miss the game if you go to the consession stand either. They have the live broadcast of the game on TV's under the stands. Good luck with momma and that new baby boy. Hope you get to make it to the game. We have a pretty good football team here in Orange and they are SUPER fun to watch. We are very disciplined also, no cheap shots, taunting, etc.... you will like what you see. Maybe not on the scoreboard though! LOL!!!

chaingang
12-02-2015, 11:07 AM
1 Offense 4 Defense. 5 total starters back from a 13-3 SF team. The 17 new starters were pretty much all JV last year and we are 12-1 and look to be better than last season. Almost doesnt make sense.

OLE'BULL
12-02-2015, 11:56 AM
I know one thing, you Brahma folks are going to love the stadium. I cant remember if we are Home or yall are but both sides are super nice. Plus you wont miss the game if you go to the consession stand either. They have the live broadcast of the game on TV's under the stands. Good luck with momma and that new baby boy. Hope you get to make it to the game. We have a pretty good football team here in Orange and they are SUPER fun to watch. We are very disciplined also, no cheap shots, taunting, etc.... you will like what you see. Maybe not on the scoreboard though! LOL!!!

I think this will be a great game to watch as fan of either team. It sounds like we run similar programs as far as the disciplined style of play. Rowe doesn't tolerate and I am sure the kids are scared to do anything more than a little celebration of a good play. I know good and well this could very well be our last week of Brahma football for another year, up to this point I didn't feel this way. Of course I am still going to say the Brahmas will pull it off... 47-46. WOS will get 5 TD's, along with 5 two point conversions. Then they will score one more TD and not get the two point conversion! I know the kicking game is skeptical so maybe we will squeak by!

GUNHO
12-02-2015, 02:04 PM
I think this will be a great game to watch as fan of either team. It sounds like we run similar programs as far as the disciplined style of play. Rowe doesn't tolerate and I am sure the kids are scared to do anything more than a little celebration of a good play. I know good and well this could very well be our last week of Brahma football for another year, up to this point I didn't feel this way. Of course I am still going to say the Brahmas will pull it off... 47-46. WOS will get 5 TD's, along with 5 two point conversions. Then they will score one more TD and not get the two point conversion! I know the kicking game is skeptical so maybe we will squeak by!

Don't know if my heart could take that kind of game old bull.lol After we get up a few scores and the 2pt conversions are good we then just go for one the remainder of the game.For some reason our extra point kicking has but not always been something to be desired.So if your going to miss an extra point might as well miss it for 2,right.

WOS87
12-02-2015, 02:13 PM
Also... In 460 games played only one team has ever hung 46+ pts on WOS and that was Wimberley 2005 state champs. Not to say it can't happen but.. No, it can't happen lol.

The Bull #40
12-02-2015, 03:03 PM
Also... In 460 games played only one team has ever hung 46+ pts on WOS and that was Wimberley 2005 state champs. Not to say it can't happen but.. No, it can't happen lol.

WOW! That is an impressive statistic and goes to show the consistency I referred to earlier. I knew WOS had been good for 15+ years but for 40 - that seems like the definition of consistent. I'm not sure I agree with Ole Bull in Bellville hanging quite that many on WOS but I wouldn't be surprised if we put up 21-28 points. I respect the WOS defense but our ground game is lethal when its firing on all cylinders and Rowe is great at making in-game and halftime adjustments.

WOS87
12-02-2015, 03:04 PM
The Orange Leader article about the upcoming game

http://www.orangeleader.com/2015/12/02/mustangs-bracing-for-bellville-slot-t/

chaingang
12-02-2015, 04:53 PM
WOW! That is an impressive statistic and goes to show the consistency I referred to earlier. I knew WOS had been good for 15+ years but for 40 - that seems like the definition of consistent. I'm not sure I agree with Ole Bull in Bellville hanging quite that many on WOS but I wouldn't be surprised if we put up 21-28 points. I respect the WOS defense but our ground game is lethal when its firing on all cylinders and Rowe is great at making in-game and halftime adjustments.

Something even crazier...WOS has only had 1 losing season in the history of our school(1977). 1983 we were 3-7 and 1 .500 season i believe in 1999. So out of 38 years of Mustang football, 36 of those were winning. Our overall winning percentage is almost 80% #1 in the History of TX HS Football.

chaingang
12-02-2015, 04:55 PM
Of course none of that will mean squat come Friday at 7:30 but still a pretty cool statistic. And awesome for bragging rights.:blush:

WOS87
12-02-2015, 04:55 PM
Something even crazier...WOS has only had 1 losing season in the history of our school(1977 or 78). 1984 I believe we were 3-7 or 4-6. and 1 .500 season i believe in 1999. So out of 38 years of Mustang football, 36 of those were winning. Our overall winning percentage is almost 80% #1 in the History of TX HS Football.

First season was 1977, only losing season was 1983 (3-7), 2001 went (5-5)

chaingang
12-02-2015, 05:01 PM
First season was 1977, only losing season was 1983 (3-7), 2001 went (5-5)

Well close enough counts. LOL!! Ill go edit it.

chaingang
12-02-2015, 05:02 PM
Wait a minute. 99 we went 5-5, 2001 we went 8-2 and missed the playoffs

In 99 They started off 5-0 and lost out I thought. And 2001/02/03 we went 8-2 all three years I thought but missed playoffs

I dont think Lone Star Football Network is correct, but says 7-3 in '99 and 2001 is missing.

WOS87
12-02-2015, 05:06 PM
Wait a minute. 99 we went 5-5, 2001 we went 8-2 and missed the playoffs

In 99 They started off 5-0 and lost out I thought. And 2001/02/03 we went 8-2 all three years I thought but missed playoffs

Nope... sorry. It was 2001. You dare to question the 87 lol?

http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?96146-West-Orange-Stark-Complete-Football-History-(1977-2015)&highlight=West+Orange-Stark+Complete

chaingang
12-02-2015, 05:07 PM
LOL!!! I thought about that after I started(kinda) arguing with you. I stand corrected. HAHA

chaingang
12-02-2015, 05:08 PM
Change the 99 to '01 for me please. It wont let me edit more than once. Im a pee-on you know. LOL

WOS87
12-02-2015, 05:12 PM
We did actually start out 5-0 in 99 though.. you were half right. And please don't pee on me lol. I stay away from jellyfish. ;p

chaingang
12-02-2015, 05:21 PM
Lol!!!

chaingang
12-03-2015, 10:09 AM
Someone say something. Man its boring at work today. Where are all the WOS haters at?? Geez. lol

chaingang
12-03-2015, 10:27 AM
Good video about WOS vs Bellville. Make sure you listen to what Coach Cornel Thompson says at the very end of the interview!!! LOL!!

http://www.12newsnow.com/global/story.asp?s=30655420

Bullaholic
12-03-2015, 10:41 AM
Someone say something. Man its boring at work today. Where are all the WOS haters at?? Geez. lol I remember Old Cardinal and jody used to show WOS a lot of love....

GUNHO
12-03-2015, 05:40 PM
Good video about WOS vs Bellville. Make sure you listen to what Coach Cornel Thompson says at the very end of the interview!!! LOL!!

http://www.12newsnow.com/global/story.asp?s=30655420

No ugly women left.lol When coach T took over he didn't interview well but he's starting to come around.Old Dan Hooks was a natural at one liners...he loved being interviewed.

griff
12-03-2015, 07:02 PM
I remember Old Cardinal and jody used to show WOS a lot of love....

Ahh, you been around here a long time. Jody was banned from this site because of vulgar posts. It happened to him at two other sites, as well. I'm not sure what happened to Old Cardinal.

Aside from those two, many posters tend to disapper after their kids graduate from high school and no longer play ball.

duckhunter
12-04-2015, 01:32 PM
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/Bellivlle-brings-Pasture-of-Pain-to-state-6673814.php

article from houston chronicle about Bellville

Rocket Man
12-04-2015, 01:38 PM
Predictions by 4 Waco Trib sports guys; look particularly at the prediction in the 4th column:

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/high_schools/central_texas_football/trib-staff-s-playoffs-week-high-school-football-predictions/article_5b266049-a0fb-51b1-82ac-9971de7cd5d2.html

speedbump
12-04-2015, 02:06 PM
Watch it live here folks.

http://texanlive.com/

Go get em Brahmas.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2015, 02:07 PM
Watch it live here folks.

http://texanlive.com/

Go get em Brahmas.gracias

OLE'BULL
12-04-2015, 02:29 PM
Predictions by 4 Waco Trib sports guys; look particularly at the prediction in the 4th column:

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/high_schools/central_texas_football/trib-staff-s-playoffs-week-high-school-football-predictions/article_5b266049-a0fb-51b1-82ac-9971de7cd5d2.html

Boy I hope he is right! But unfortunately I am afraid he got them backwards. Krum beating Celina? NO WAY, but I do like Krum and they will put up a hell of a fight. Cuero beating Sinton? Again i'm too fond of Sinton to believe they will let their guard down and get beat by the Gobblers. WOS losing to Bellivlle? Well of course I know we can win it, but if someone put a million dollars on the line and said pick the winner, I would almost HAVE to take WOS. BUT since there isn't a million bucks on the line I am faithful to my Brahmas. Hey, lets be honest, everything is for sale right? Though if we do win, which I think we will, then I believe his score prediction will be pretty accurate. WOS is going to score a lot of points and I am hoping we can keep up. Sometimes that can be tough in our 99% run offense.

cards4me
12-04-2015, 02:54 PM

That guy must be on drugs. Check out his predictions on all of his games . A lot of them are off .

pirate4state
12-04-2015, 03:46 PM
Good luck to both teams! :clap:

chaingang
12-04-2015, 03:52 PM
Boy I hope he is right! But unfortunately I am afraid he got them backwards. Krum beating Celina? NO WAY, but I do like Krum and they will put up a hell of a fight. Cuero beating Sinton? Again i'm too fond of Sinton to believe they will let their guard down and get beat by the Gobblers. WOS losing to Bellivlle? Well of course I know we can win it, but if someone put a million dollars on the line and said pick the winner, I would almost HAVE to take WOS. BUT since there isn't a million bucks on the line I am faithful to my Brahmas. Hey, lets be honest, everything is for sale right? Though if we do win, which I think we will, then I believe his score prediction will be pretty accurate. WOS is going to score a lot of points and I am hoping we can keep up. Sometimes that can be tough in our 99% run offense.

Either way, lets pray for a good, injury free game! I also want to give Bellville fans a shout out. Not many of you on this site or the other but the ones I have interacted with are classy and top notch! With that said, GO MUSTANGS!!!!!!

Manso/V8
12-04-2015, 04:30 PM
WOS sounds impressive. Over the years it seems like their fans overrate them on this board. We shall see tonight. Good luck to both teams.

Go Brahmas!

Bellville by 7

Old Green
12-04-2015, 04:32 PM
Good luck to both teams !

zebrablue2
12-04-2015, 06:24 PM

That Ericksen dude does not believe in defense, and really goes out on a limb:)

WOS92
12-04-2015, 06:37 PM
I admit I only know Bellville from the handful of stats and stories I have read over the past week. I know you B'Ville folks said your attack is 99% run, but how is the passing game when it is needed?

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2015, 07:07 PM
Pizza been ordered watching it on TV, yay for smart tvs.

WOS87
12-04-2015, 07:15 PM
Wasn't H-F up 13-0 at halftime against them? ...and this guy's predicting 64 points being hung on us lol?

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2015, 07:16 PM
Wasn't H-F up 13-0 at halftime against them? ...and this guy's predicting 64 points being hung on us lol?look at all his predictions they're like basketball scores lol. He must think its a basketball matchup

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2015, 08:35 PM
fumble by WOS

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2015, 08:38 PM
another fumble by WOS on punt return

pirate4state
12-04-2015, 08:39 PM
Having trouble loading the site? Anyone else having issues?

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2015, 08:40 PM
Having trouble loading the site? Anyone else having issues?running good

http://texanlive.com/west-orange-stark-vs-bellville-12-4-2015-730pm/

OLE'BULL
12-04-2015, 08:48 PM
It's not working for me! I can get to the screen but when i hit the play button, it doesn't load and then says "errors" down in the bottom left. I AM LIVID!!!! HELP MEEEE!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2015, 08:50 PM
WOS penalties on this drive 3rd and 14

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2015, 08:51 PM
pass to complete to Bellvile 43 for 1st down

zebrablue2
12-04-2015, 08:51 PM
Having trouble loading the site? Anyone else having issues?

Mine won't load?

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2015, 08:53 PM
WOS at Bellville 31 with 1st down

pass complete to 19 for another 1st down for WOS

OLE'BULL
12-04-2015, 08:53 PM
I am listening in to our Bellville broadcast but would love to watch it!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2015, 08:54 PM
3rd and 1 at the 10

4th and 1 now

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2015, 08:55 PM
Bellvile comes up with a stop

Bellvile ball

zebrablue2
12-04-2015, 08:56 PM
3-0 Bellville, almost end of 1st qtr. Just held WOS on downs at the 10.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2015, 08:57 PM
I am listening in to our Bellville broadcast but would love to watch it!
might be overloaded so no open slots

zebrablue2
Bulls won the 1st qtr, go Bellville..

SintonFan_inAustin
WOS stacking the line, no running room for Brahmas, they're going to have to pass some

OLE'BULL
12-04-2015, 09:01 PM
might be overloaded so no open slots

So maybe i should just keep refreshing it in hopes that somebody quits watching? Do you think i stand a chance???

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2015, 09:03 PM
nice defense by Bellvile forcing a punt

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2015, 09:04 PM
yep refresh

WOS87
12-04-2015, 09:05 PM
This is gonna be a defensive standoff. WOS shot themselves in the foot with two fumbles. Bellville offense can't move against us so far.

OLE'BULL
12-04-2015, 09:06 PM
So I tried in on a my dell and it worked? Thank god! But why wouldn't it work on my Mac? Weird

Roughneck93
12-04-2015, 09:08 PM
I'm watching on my phone, no issues getting on this way.

OLE'BULL
12-04-2015, 09:11 PM
WOS is not playing disciplined football. Too many penalties and turnovers. Keep it up WOS!

SintonFan_inAustin
This is gonna be a defensive standoff. WOS shot themselves in the foot with two fumbles. Bellville offense can't move against us so far.penalties and turnovers. Bellvile not getting anywhere running so far.

SintonFan_inAustin
WOS is not playing disciplined football. Too many penalties and turnovers. Keep it up WOS!

need have a series of just passing to try get them off the line some, almost 11 guys up front

OLE'BULL
12-04-2015, 09:13 PM
penalties and turnovers. Bellvile not getting anywhere running so far.

Have faith SinFan. We will get rolling. Running the ball is what we do. We get as much as usual, but we will get some. I can promise you this WOS and their fans are in shock right now. This is not how they planned to start. And I will tell ya, Coach Rowe is THE BEST at making adjustments at half time!

duckhunter
12-04-2015, 09:14 PM
Bellville has got to figure something out on offense or the game will get out of hand in the second half.

duckhunter
12-04-2015, 09:15 PM
I don't see Brahma defense being able to hold down WOS the hole game. WOS has looked good running the bubble screens thus far. I suspect they will get back to that

OLE'BULL
12-04-2015, 09:16 PM
Bellville has got to figure something out on offense or the game will get out of hand in the second half.

Our Defense will keep us in the game. WOS is KILLING themselves but I don't see that getting corrected. Its penalties and turnovers and its too late to fix that for tonight anyways. I will take a 3-0 W ALL DAY! Though I am very doubtful it will end that way!

WOS87
12-04-2015, 09:19 PM
WOS 6
Bellville 3
3:00 2Q

PAT pending

WOS 8
Bellville 3
3:00 2Q

OLE'BULL
12-04-2015, 09:19 PM
Our Defense will keep us in the game. WOS is KILLING themselves but I don't see that getting corrected. Its penalties and turnovers and its too late to fix that for tonight anyways. I will take a 3-0 W ALL DAY! Though I am very doubtful it will end that way!

OK, I will take a 10-8 W all day! HAHA!

OLE'BULL
12-04-2015, 09:30 PM
Another turnover for WOS. KILLING themselves!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2015, 09:30 PM
nice int for Bellville

Manso/V8
12-04-2015, 09:33 PM
I suspect that won't be the last interception for the Brahmas tonight.
The linebackers will start jumping the routes and might take it to the house.

OLE'BULL
12-04-2015, 09:37 PM
I suspect that won't be the last interception for the Brahmas tonight.
The linebackers will start jumping the routes and might take it to the house.

Where is this unstoppable WOS offense we were hearing about? Bellville is good on D, but not some D full of All Staters or anything. We don't claim to be an offense that lights up the scoreboard but WOS look almost bad with all the mistakes.

1stnurseryman
12-04-2015, 09:40 PM
Where is this unstoppable WOS offense we were hearing about? Bellville is good on D, but not some D full of All Staters or anything. We don't claim to be an offense that lights up the scoreboard but WOS look almost bad with all the mistakes.

Be careful what you ask for.

WOS87
12-04-2015, 09:41 PM
WOS has never been an offense focussed team lol... our head coach was the old DL Coach under Coach Hooks. We're fine. Good luck in the 2nd half.

Bellville with 46 yards total offense first half. WOS with 189. 1 first down for Bellville. 9 first downs for WOS. The 3 turnovers are the only thing keeping this close.

chaingang
12-04-2015, 09:44 PM

Be very careful what you wish for. We just played the worst half all season and still held y'all to 46 yards. I will say Bellville is as good as advertised but we will fix things in the second half. It's about to get nasty!

chaingang
12-04-2015, 09:45 PM
Have faith SinFan. We will get rolling. Running the ball is what we do. We get as much as usual, but we will get some. I can promise you this WOS and their fans are in shock right now. This is not how they planned to start. And I will tell ya, Coach Rowe is THE BEST at making adjustments at half time!

The best? I'm not so sure. Ever heard of Cornel Thompson?

OLE'BULL
12-04-2015, 09:51 PM
All I have read about is how much they score. Yes the penalties and turnovers have kept us in it, but that is part of the game. Im not convinced those can be corrected at half time. Yep, WOS has a salty D, no doubt. Like I said, Rowe is the best at making adjustments so I look for a competitive second half. WOS may put a few up on us but we will keep it close. Im looking forward to it!

WOS92
12-04-2015, 09:55 PM
Ugly half for both teams. WO-S has shot themselves in the foot over and over, but with as many breaks as BV has had to have fewer than 50 yards is pretty pitiful.

Manso/V8
12-04-2015, 09:55 PM
WOS definitely has some very good athletes.
I doubt if they have seen a team of that plays disciplined ball like the Brahmas and that can frustrate a team like the Mustangs.
So far, this game reminds me of the Coldspring and Navasota playoff games the first two years after Rowe started coaching at Bellville.
Both were heavily favored teams that got a real scare from the Brahmas.

Bellville needs to find some offense and capitalize on WOS's mistakes to come away with the win.
Hopefully they can make some adjustments at half and get some more points on the board.
I could see one or two pick 6's coming in the second half.

Go Bulls.

chaingang
12-04-2015, 09:56 PM
All I have read about is how much they score. Yes the penalties and turnovers have kept us in it, but that is part of the game. Im not convinced those can be corrected at half time. Yep, WOS has a salty D, no doubt. Like I said, Rowe is the best at making adjustments so I look for a competitive second half. WOS may put a few up on us but we will keep it close. Im looking forward to it!

Of course, I meant no disrespect, y'all have been very courteous posters. I'm just saying that there might not be any coach in 4A that can make HT adjustments than WOS. We're about to find out though. We all knew the Brahmas would be a formidable opponent and expected the first half to be close. 2nd half different story.

1stnurseryman
12-04-2015, 09:56 PM
Very impressed with both D's

Manso/V8
12-04-2015, 09:57 PM
Ugly half for both teams. WO-S has shot themselves in the foot over and over, but with as many breaks as BV has had to have fewer than 50 yards is pretty pitiful.

That's classy.....I could say 3 turnovers is pretty pitiful, but that wouldn't be nice.

WOS87
12-04-2015, 09:59 PM
I could say the inability to take advantage of those 3 turnovers is pretty pitiful as well but that wouldn't be nice either. ;-)

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2015, 10:12 PM
still remember that punt retrun on us :(

OLE'BULL
12-04-2015, 10:13 PM
I counted 2 blocks in the back on that return...

WOS87
Speaking of punt returns...

WOS 14
Bellville 3

chaingang
I counted 2 blocks in the back on that return...

Here we go!

1stnurseryman
12-04-2015, 10:14 PM
still remember that punt retrun on us :(

Lol... You never forget plays like that

XX Man

The best, huh? You ever met Cornel? The second half is always WOS.

OLE'BULL
Here we go!

Are you watching the game?

XX Man
12-04-2015, 10:15 PM
Tell you what, I am looking for WOS by at least 4 TD's

chaingang
12-04-2015, 10:17 PM
Are you watching the game?

Nope, I couldn't make it. Wish I could be there though. Couldn't make it in time from Memphis. I'm listening though. That kid ok that was injured on punt return?

OLE'BULL
12-04-2015, 10:18 PM
Nope, I couldn't make it. Wish I could be there though. Couldn't make it in time from Memphis. I'm listening though. That kid ok that was injured on punt return?

Oh OK, because I am and saw them both. Thought no way it would stand. Don't know about the injury yet.

chaingang
12-04-2015, 10:19 PM
Oh OK, because I am and saw them both. Thought no way it would stand. Don't know about the injury yet.

Lol! My response to your quote looked wrong. I wasn't arguing what you saw, I was saying "here we go" as in WOS scored fast.

XX Man
12-04-2015, 10:19 PM
Yep, Cornel got that mess straightened out at half time. Going to get nasty now.

OLE'BULL
12-04-2015, 10:20 PM
Lol! My response to your quote looked wrong. I wasn't arguing what you saw, I was saying "here we go" as in WOS scored fast.

AHHH, haha yep we were misunderstanding each other there!

OLE'BULL
12-04-2015, 10:22 PM
Yep, Cornel got that mess straightened out at half time. Going to get nasty now.

By a return? The run was just a great play by a great player. We were there, he broke 4-5 tackles to score that nice one. Not taking credit away from the kid, and surely not giving it to Cornel. Not yet anyways!

XX Man
12-04-2015, 10:25 PM
The Brimmers going to go home with their horns docked tonight.

XX Man
12-04-2015, 10:27 PM
By a return? The run was just a great play by a great player. We were there, he broke 4-5 tackles to score that nice one. Not taking credit away from the kid, and surely not giving it to Cornel. Not yet anyways!

You will understand a little better by the end of the 4th. Brimmers are making a record of 3 and out.

OLE'BULL
12-04-2015, 10:28 PM

OUCH. I love the above posters who have 6 posts and come on here just to talk $hi%. When their team is out or the season is over, you will never hear from them again!

chaingang
12-04-2015, 10:28 PM
Brahma defense is salty.

Manso/V8
12-04-2015, 10:31 PM
Mustangs will go home gelded.

chaingang
12-04-2015, 10:32 PM
OUCH. I love the above posters who have 6 posts and come on here just to talk $hi%. When their team is out or the season is over, you will never hear from them again!

We're not like that at all. Many of us have been on here for a very long time. Since we dropped to 3A. Some just don't post and only look. We're good people over here in Orange. We just have ALOT of confidence in our team. We won't disappear because we've been here many, many times before.

OLE'BULL
12-04-2015, 10:33 PM
I have said all year we need a new QB. I finally voiced my frustrations last week on the Downlow. We will never win state with the caliber of athletes we get year in and year out unless we have a decent arm under center. They don't have to be great, just decent. Good enough to get us out of some jams. It will be very hard for us to come back with the clock ticking and we are completely incapable of throwing the ball with any effectiveness. That is the only flaw Rowe has. He isn't the O Coordinator, but he is the head man damnit.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2015, 10:33 PM
got first buffering on the feed! anybody else?

XX Man
12-04-2015, 10:34 PM
Mustangs will go home gelded.

haha. Nope, the Brimmers going home steers.

chaingang
12-04-2015, 10:36 PM
29-3 WOS 46 seconds left in 3rd Quarter.

SintonFan_inAustin
refreshed did the trick.

Bellville defense did a good job but needed some help from the offense.

OLE'BULL
We're not like that at all. Many of us have been on here for a very long time. Since we dropped to 3A. Some just don't post and only look. We're good people over here in Orange. We just have ALOT of confidence in our team. We won't disappear because we've been here many, many times before.

I am directly referring to XX Man. He won't be around long. Or once his kid graduates he will be gone. I joined in 2001 but changed my username in 2010. My youngest boy is 5 days old and i will be on here long after he graduates, God willing!

XX Man

chaingang, you know I have been around a long time. In fact, I was West Orange before you were in diapers.

XX Man
12-04-2015, 10:37 PM
I am directly referring to XX Man. He won't be around long. Or once his kid graduates he will be gone. I joined in 2001 but changed my username in 2010. My youngest boy is 5 days old and i will be on here long after he graduates, God willing!

All my kids graduated a long time ago.

SintonFan_inAustin
29-3 WOS 46 seconds left in 3rd Quarter.
Jack Dallas looks a lot more comfortable back there than last season, he can throw on the run pretty good.

chaingang
got first buffering on the feed! anybody else?

Go to KOGT.com and click on the WOS vs Bellville banner to get audio feed.

chaingang
12-04-2015, 10:38 PM
Jack Dallas looks a lot more comfortable back there than last season, he can throw on the run pretty good.

His leadership is more impressive than his numbers. All these kids have been playing together since they were 5 years old. We have an unbelievable pee wee league.

XX Man
12-04-2015, 10:39 PM
Go to KOGT.com and click on the WOS vs Bellville banner to get audio feed.

Gary does excellent coverage, but his audio is ahead by about 2 plays, of the video

Tejastrue
12-04-2015, 10:39 PM
Hey Manso..I think the Stangs will keep their cojones at least one more week...

OLE'BULL
12-04-2015, 10:40 PM
The Mustang D is just too good. They are fast and at the ball as soon as our RB gets it, if not they are there shortly after and there are a lot of them! Sure wish we could pass... ho hum....

XX Man
12-04-2015, 10:41 PM
His leadership is more impressive than his numbers. All these kids have been playing together since they were 5 years old. We have an unbelievable pee wee league.

Jack Dallas is a play maker and leader.

chaingang
12-04-2015, 10:41 PM

Well, I know XXman and know he's a good guy. He was just returning what was dished out.

chaingang
12-04-2015, 10:42 PM
chaingang, you know I have been around a long time. In fact, I was West Orange before you were in diapers.

Lol!! Why you gotta bring up old stuff?? But yeah, I'm still young. Lol

duckhunter
12-04-2015, 10:42 PM
I have said all year we need a new QB. I finally voiced my frustrations last week on the Downlow. We will never win state with the caliber of athletes we get year in and year out unless we have a decent arm under center. They don't have to be great, just decent. Good enough to get us out of some jams. It will be very hard for us to come back with the clock ticking and we are completely incapable of throwing the ball with any effectiveness. That is the only flaw Rowe has. He isn't the O Coordinator, but he is the head man damnit.

i don't care if Jess Buenger is under center tonight it still wouldn't make a difference. Tonight's game was lost for bellville down in the trenches...... But I agree with you ole bull. Having a decent qb who could spin the ball just a tad would help the offense greatly

chaingang
12-04-2015, 10:45 PM
INT WOS. Was that the first pass by Bellville tonight?

WOS87
12-04-2015, 10:46 PM
WOS 35
Bellville 3
4Q

OLE'BULL
12-04-2015, 10:46 PM
i don't care if Jess Buenger is under center tonight it still wouldn't make a difference. Tonight's game was lost for bellville down in the trenches...... But I agree with you ole bull. Having a decent qb who could spin the ball just a tad would help the offense greatly

Oh wait! We can throw it, to the other team. He has more completions to the other team in the last 3 games (at least) than to our own. Jess Buenger would be fine. Wow as I typed griping about the INT, WOS just threw an 80 yd TD! Turn out the lights...

XX Man
12-04-2015, 10:47 PM
Ole Bull, I have read your posts from the beginning, since last week. I saw your post about how your contact said Bellville was going to win, and it was not going to be an upset. I have read your posts tonight. And those posts, are what was the catalyst to my rubbing your nose in it. :wave:

chaingang
12-04-2015, 10:47 PM
Y'all are young though like us right? Rematch next year?

Manso/V8
12-04-2015, 10:48 PM
Hey Manso..I think the Stangs will keep their cojones at least one more week...

It looks that way, but they will owe the Brahmas a favor.

WOS87
12-04-2015, 10:49 PM
Be nice now... they have definitely given us more than we expected.

chaingang
12-04-2015, 10:56 PM
Be nice now... they have definitely given us more than we expected.

They are a great team like we thought they were. Congrats Brahmas on a great season. Just like Wharton, I'm sure we haven't seen the last of you.

XX Man
12-04-2015, 10:58 PM
Be nice now... they have definitely given us more than we expected..

Yeah. WOS was overconfident. The Brimmers have strength.

chaingang
12-04-2015, 11:00 PM
TD WOS. 42-3. 3min left in game.

XX Man
12-04-2015, 11:07 PM
You sure can't say that anyone on the Bellville team got mad and started playing dirty. They played clean the whole game.

WOS87
12-04-2015, 11:08 PM
WOS 42
Bellville 3
FINAL

Either @ Katy or Pearland next week against Cuero or Sinton is what I heard.

Manso/V8
12-04-2015, 11:08 PM
Congrats to the Mustangs.
Just too much for Bellville tonight.

Good luck in the semis.

XX Man
12-04-2015, 11:10 PM
Bellville was strong, and played the same game from beginning to end. Those running backs they have are strong, but they could not carry themselves and 3 Mustangs. I got a little carried away after seeing all the disrespect of one poster, since last week. But, it was a clean game, with few total flags for both teams.

OLE'BULL
12-04-2015, 11:12 PM
Ole Bull, I have read your posts from the beginning, since last week. I saw your post about how your contact said Bellville was going to win, and it was not going to be an upset. I have read your posts tonight. And those posts, are what was the catalyst to my rubbing your nose in it. :wave:

1) You have too much time on your hands! 2) Go re-read them one more time. I never once wrote that my contact said Bellville was going to beat WOS, nor did I post that he said it would be an upset. Prepare yourself for an "aw shucks he's right" moment.

OLE'BULL
12-04-2015, 11:14 PM
Bellville was strong, and played the same game from beginning to end. Those running backs they have are strong, but they could not carry themselves and 3 Mustangs. I got a little carried away after seeing all the disrespect of one poster, since last week. But, it was a clean game, with few total flags for both teams.

Now I see this and know you are referring to me again. I don't tolerate folks painting an inaccurate picture of me. GO BACK, RE READ MY POST, THEN COME BACK ON HERE AND TELL THEM EXACTLY WHAT I WROTE. Don't F'k with a man after his team just got donkey stomped, and surely don't lie about him. Rookie...

44INAROW
12-04-2015, 11:24 PM
WOS 42
Bellville 3
FINAL

Congrats to WOS on the win and Bellville on a good season.....

You know me, I don't predict on Cuero games. But I guarantee WOS will be playing a team from D15. 💚. I hope it's the boys in green. Go Mean Green.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OLE'BULL
12-04-2015, 11:37 PM
As expected, I am only hearing crickets from XX Man. He must've passed out. Here is the "disrespectful" post from me that he is referring to. In all of his rambling he must've forgot that my source said CALDWELL would beat WOS, nothing about BELLEVILLE beating them. Then he forgets to mention how at the end I still say I am going with WOS. And go back and read all of my posts in this thread leading up to this game. Somebody find ONE post that doesn't sound like I am not nervous about WOS. All I remember posting is things like "we will have to play perfect and then some, we need big breaks, etc.". Sorry to be ranting but I can't stand when someone jeopardizes my character. Not my style. XX Man, let me know what ya find out, rookie...

"And I have Sinton, it's amazing that almost 15 years later and I am still fond of y'all! I talked to my local source who is VERY much in the know and is very knowledgeable about our Division, especially Region 3 & 4. He is of course concerned about this week, as we all are, but knows Giddings can be beat. We will be up to the challenge defensively, we just need to be able to do enough on offense. Get this... He has predicted that Caldwell will beat WOS. I even said "you think Caldwell will upset WOS?!?!" his reply was "Caldwell will win and it wont be an upset". He truly believes Caldwell will win. He is skeptical of WOS's opponents so far and thinks some of the scores are a bit misleading. Usually I would brush this kind of comment off to the side, but not with this guy. He is about as close to the Bellville program as you can get without being on the coaching staff. This is my #1 go to guy for any scoop on Bellville and any other teams. The guy knows EVERYTHING before everyone else, its amazing. He did not bad mouth WOS by any means, he thinks they are very good. He just thinks Caldwell is that good and is playing better than people want to give them credit for. All along I have assumed WOS will be the team Bellville would be playing to go to the semis, it sure wasn't Caldwell. Now I am not convinced I will change my mind because of this source, but it is definitely something I will be watching closely. I still say WOS wins, but maybe by a smaller margin than I originally thought...."

WOS87
12-04-2015, 11:41 PM
Calm down... Bellville was all they said they were and more. Don't let one person rile you up. You guys are a class act and definitely deserved to be there. You had an awesome season and hopefully we run into you again in the future.

OLE'BULL
12-05-2015, 12:08 AM
Calm down... Bellville was all they said they were and more. Don't let one person rile you up. You guys are a class act and definitely deserved to be there. You had an awesome season and hopefully we run into you again in the future.

It's hard enough watching your season come to an end, even harder in tonights fashion. But then to have someone completely fabricate stories about your posts to make you out to be some arrogant A-hole, that just doesn't settle well with me. WOS is as advertised. Their only weakness is the kicking game I guess, but they have gotten so effective at the 2 point conversion that they turned it into a strength. Only a great team can pull that off. Good luck to the Mustangs the rest of the way, and good luck to whoever gets in your way! I enjoyed all the discussion with all of the WOS posters, minus XX Man. I REALLY don't like him! Ahhhhh what to do with my Friday nights now? I hate basketball. Though I did decide I will be making the trip to NRG for the Friday finals games. It's only an hour away and unfortunately i have never been to a State Championship game. Silly right? Maybe I will see you WOS folks there!

Weebe
12-05-2015, 12:08 AM
You know me, I don't predict on Cuero games. But I guarantee WOS will be playing a team from D15. 💚. I hope it's the boys in green. Go Mean Green.......

I'd be careful what you hope for.

As they say, sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

pirate4state
12-05-2015, 12:50 AM
WOS 42
Bellville 3
FINAL

Congratulations! Looks like WOS woke up in the 2nd half :eek: If we are fortunate enough to advance to the next round -- I hope we aren't playing at Katy. They are so unnecessarily strict! Just ready for our game! GO PIRATES!

44INAROW
12-05-2015, 12:53 AM
I'd be careful what you hope for.

As they say, sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

I'm confused😜. You think I should hope we loose? What was I supposed to be discrete about? I really don't understand 😜. Cuero and Sinton are both from D 15 and I was saying that it was certain WOS would play someone from D15. That's all I said..... I have no doubt WOS is a great team.

WOS87
12-05-2015, 01:41 AM
Yet again it's a win-win Semifinal for me. Either WOS or my good friends will advance. I can't wait! We need to set up a M&G

GUNHO
12-05-2015, 01:46 AM
It's hard enough watching your season come to an end, even harder in tonights fashion. But then to have someone completely fabricate stories about your posts to make you out to be some arrogant A-hole, that just doesn't settle well with me. WOS is as advertised. Their only weakness is the kicking game I guess, but they have gotten so effective at the 2 point conversion that they turned it into a strength. Only a great team can pull that off. Good luck to the Mustangs the rest of the way, and good luck to whoever gets in your way! I enjoyed all the discussion with all of the WOS posters, minus XX Man. I REALLY don't like him! Ahhhhh what to do with my Friday nights now? I hate basketball. Though I did decide I will be making the trip to NRG for the Friday finals games. It's only an hour away and unfortunately i have never been to a State Championship game. Silly right? Maybe I will see you WOS folks there!

I have followed all your post on this thread and you have been respectful in all of them OLE'BULL.Your team played with a lot of heart, they just ran into a defense that knows how to stop a wing T/slot T offense.I'm sure we will see yall again next year.