PDA

View Full Version : Celina is about to get bigger.

orange machine
11-24-2015, 07:50 PM
http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2015/11/24/ross-perot-jr-s-hillwood-communities-to-build-500m.html?ana

movethechain
11-24-2015, 07:59 PM
Yeah,but ... the article says the acreage is all in Prosper ISD. Looks like Celina stays 4A a while longer yet.

WOS87
11-24-2015, 07:59 PM
Get ready for Celina East and Celina West. It was only a matter of time before what happened to Plano happens to Celina. Just 40 years later.

orange machine
11-24-2015, 08:01 PM
Get ready for Celina East and Celina West. It was only a matter of time before what happened to Plano happens to Celina. Just 40 years later.

Don't think that's gonna happen, Celina is only gonna have one high school like Allen.

Twirling Time
11-24-2015, 08:07 PM
Prosper has already identified the site for its second high school, on Rockhill Road in Frisco city limits. Prosper ISD dips south about a mile into Frisco, north about a mile into Celina and east into McKinney.

I've already heard talk about the Texas legislature stepping in and forcing megaschools like Allen to break up.

SHSBulldog00
11-24-2015, 08:48 PM
I've already heard talk about the Texas legislature stepping in and forcing megaschools like Allen to break up.

I wonder what their cap number would be?

Twirling Time
11-24-2015, 09:10 PM
I've heard coaches say 4,000, which would only affect 10 schools statewide going by the last alignment numbers. (Four of them being in Plano and Allen.) That should only mean 6 or 7 new schools since Plano would need to open just 2 to get under the cap, Dallas can redraw its zones to take care of Skyline, and The Woodlands and Laredo United can do the same (for now.)

RPF2666
11-24-2015, 09:20 PM
Hillwood has two tracts under contract. The first 400 acres (Wells South) is in the Prosper ISD, which for now is the more desired district by parents (those who aren't concerned with
winning Football games :redX:)!!!

The second tract (Wells North) is around 250 Acres and is in the Celina ISD. Part of that parcel includes property for a new Celina Elementary School to accommodate the growth that has
already started in the younger age groups. Celina is growing but will try to stay as a single High School as long the law allows.

orange machine
11-24-2015, 09:24 PM
I've heard coaches say 4,000, which would only affect 10 schools statewide going by the last alignment numbers. (Four of them being in Plano and Allen.) That should only mean 6 or 7 new schools since Plano would need to open just 2 to get under the cap, Dallas can redraw its zones to take care of Skyline, and The Woodlands and Laredo United can do the same (for now.)

More government take over.

d0tc0m
11-25-2015, 12:09 AM
I absolutely hate the fact that the government feels it can or should have any say in any of this.

WOS87
11-25-2015, 02:44 AM
Donate some cash to the UIL and you can be just like Highland Park and Abilene Wylie and stay right under the radar. There's a LOT of room to expand up there in north Collin County though. ;)