PDA

View Full Version : Returning next year?

mwrams
11-24-2015, 08:34 AM
What do you have returning next year? Things could get interesting. With Graham moving down to Div. II. Not sure what will happen to our dsitrict. Mineral Wells (10-2) is still playing after Thanksgiving and we return nearly everyone at the skilled postions. Just curious as to what other teams have next year...

lostaussie
11-24-2015, 08:41 AM
Buckeyes will be loaded next year. Although we will graduate some good kids our underclassmen of juniors and sophs is getting huge playing time. We have quite a few non seniors that start and QB position will be solid.

LionFan72
11-24-2015, 08:49 AM
Brownwood will be loaded next year with a load of Jrs and Sophs starting!

Rabid Cougar
11-24-2015, 09:57 AM
Lots!

slingshot
11-24-2015, 10:36 AM
Lots. By our standards we have a very small Sr class--25 I think. A lot of underclassmen starting and playing this year--couple of Sophomores to really watch out for next year...

WOS1
11-24-2015, 10:36 AM
WOS will return 9 and 9 including all major skill people and lineman. It's amazing what they are doing this yr to be so young. This was supposed to be a rebuilding yr.

Old Green
11-24-2015, 10:37 AM
Cuero will be loaded next year.

BILLYFRED0000
11-24-2015, 10:52 AM
Celina will be pretty solid.... we will get back some of our best including the qb. Some good looking younger kids even a few freshman can play lineman. Just solid across the board.... Looks to be a good few years.

Cam
11-24-2015, 11:17 AM
Burnet....no one.....42 seniors!!!.....:D:crazy1:

clcannon17
11-24-2015, 11:25 AM

You forgot to mention whose fault it was :D

Indians212
11-24-2015, 11:25 AM
Alvarado will have 7 on offense and 8 on defense. We should be good. As 7-9th grade the seniors to be didn't lose a game.

clcannon17
11-24-2015, 11:29 AM

It's crazy how we will get two more years out of the bulk of this team. Other than Grant and diez, we are in really good shape.

AmistadMan 74
11-24-2015, 11:29 AM
Andrews will have 5 offensive and 8 defensive starters back including QB Tristan Williams, WR Keegan Thompson, and RB Torey Kelley

Leopardfan201
11-24-2015, 02:50 PM
LG has 9 offensive and 8 on defense returning..including our All Star...jk dobbins

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2015, 02:57 PM
Navasota will have to replace Eppler and Dickson but will have some playmakers returning. Also, our JV went 8-1 or 9-1 losing only to Sealy JV 7-0.

lv2937
11-24-2015, 03:11 PM
Tell the truth Cam. I think Burnet will be a contender for the district title next year. Yes we lose alot of players, but have some pretty good ones coming back. Think we will be pretty good at QB next year.

Dawgs
11-24-2015, 03:53 PM
Buckeyes will be loaded next year. Although we will graduate some good kids our underclassmen of juniors and sophs is getting huge playing time. We have quite a few non seniors that start and QB position will be solid.

Carthage will be in the same boat, loaded with talent. We will have to find a QB. Scary thing is Carthage is going to be loaded with juniors next year. We have 8-9 stud sophomores + a couple more that were really good on JV this year. We will have a couple of good seniors, but the kids not getting PT this season are going to have to step up for the senior leadership.

Cam
11-24-2015, 04:00 PM
Tell the truth Cam. I think Burnet will be a contender for the district title next year. Yes we lose alot of players, but have some pretty good ones coming back. Think we will be pretty good at QB next year.

...you're right Iv...QB should be pretty good..nice arm..I like the fact 4 out of the 5 O-linemen return. And really like what the D-line could look like...with two sophs (Carpenter & Vann) who played varsity this year..I think Carpenter and Vann could become special....and a couple of more sophs who looked solid on JV (Rodriguez & Keeling)...they all have some nice size and should get better if they work hard at it....the secondary returns plenty of kids who got varsity playing time...and still have nice skill position players coming back including all world WR Gallardo....maybe even Cam Jr makes a return for his junior year after a one year hiatus.....he's been hinting at it quite a bit lately...not sure what he can bring to the table anymore...except maybe some pretty good wheels and a great attitude......IDK we'll see.....Burnet will always be competitive no matter what.....

ECBirdFan
11-24-2015, 04:11 PM
It looks like we will have 7 offensive and 6 defensive starters back. We have some guys who have filled in to the starting lineup during the year.

hollywood
11-24-2015, 06:12 PM

QB will be the only ? the Lions will have IMO. Correct me if I'm wrong.

WOS87
11-24-2015, 06:28 PM
WOS has our QB coming back as well all but 1 or 2 from both the OL and DL. Our team is almost all Jrs, plus we have a transfer this year that's supposedly amazing that will be eligible to play next year. As long as we stay injury free and no one transfers out we will be ridiculous next year.

WOS1
11-24-2015, 07:03 PM
WOS has our QB coming back as well all but 1 or 2 from both the OL and DL. Our team is almost all Jrs, plus we have a transfer this year that's supposedly amazing that will be eligible to play next year. As long as we stay injury free and no one transfers out we will be ridiculous next year.

Plus a 10-0 JV

stardog
11-24-2015, 07:07 PM

Burnet will be loaded, solid, disciplined, sophomores to watch out for, skilled, good shape, and having some good recruiting going our way if greendawg don't mess it up.

Aggie98
11-24-2015, 09:55 PM
Kilgore will return 9 starters on offense and 5 on defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tejastrue
11-24-2015, 10:31 PM
Lots..lookout folks...

orange machine
11-24-2015, 10:46 PM
Celina will be pretty solid.... we will get back some of our best including the qb. Some good looking younger kids even a few freshman can play lineman. Just solid across the board.... Looks to be a good few years.

What's crazy is Celina's oline will be bigger next year than they are this year and could be even better. Got a bunch of good running backs coming back. If they can replace the wr's they will be very good on offense again.

Defensively they should be good again if they can replace Gerths and Lindblad. That's not to underestimate the others cause this defense is legit, but those two are ballers.

95mustang
11-25-2015, 03:20 AM
QB will be the only ? the Lions will have IMO. Correct me if I'm wrong.

We will be fine at the QB position....;)

Hollyville
11-25-2015, 10:33 AM
We will be fine at the QB position....;)

Of course, I'm sure you got linebackers lined up for the job. QB position is overrated anyway....right?

91 lion
11-25-2015, 01:44 PM
Of course, I'm sure you got linebackers lined up for the job. QB position is overrated anyway....right?

We got a soph. nose gaurd that's looking promising as the next signal caller....his nickname is the bill-dozer....look out 4a!

J/k....

From what I hear, we will be juuuuust fine under center...

toddg
11-25-2015, 02:04 PM
7/8 starters returning, size and speed coming up..3 yr starter at QB..if we stay in region 2, probable Qtrs..if we go region 1, easy road to semis! take that 91!!:evilgrin:

91 lion
11-25-2015, 03:14 PM
7/8 starters returning, size and speed coming up..3 yr starter at QB..if we stay in region 2, probable Qtrs..if we go region 1, easy road to semis! take that 91!!:evilgrin:

Oh, we would looooove to dance with Alvarado again, and I'm all for you guys being our region .....things are much more fun when you're actually playing for something.....so, it is of my upmost pleasure to tell you to Bring It!!!

Cmon, UIL.....make it happen!!!

toddg
11-25-2015, 03:28 PM
Oh, we would looooove to dance with Alvarado again, and I'm all for you guys being our region .....things are much more fun when you're actually playing for something.....so, it is of my upmost pleasure to tell you to Bring It!!!

Cmon, UIL.....make it happen!!!

Hellz yeah!! would be fun in region one fo sho!!...I thought the yellerjacket freshmen were really good, until my son told me our freshmen played without their starting QB and top 2 rbs in that game hahaha!! Take that HollyWood and HollyVille!! Y'all just thought I was done..I got 2 more sons coming!! Bwahahaha !!
Anyway.. Got to get back to my west Texas roots 91

91 lion
11-25-2015, 03:52 PM
Hellz yeah!! would be fun in region one fo sho!!...I thought the yellerjacket freshmen were really good, until my son told me our freshmen played without their starting QB and top 2 rbs in that game hahaha!! Take that HollyWood and HollyVille!! Y'all just thought I was done..I got 2 more sons coming!! Bwahahaha !!
Anyway.. Got to get back to my west Texas roots 91

Why stop there toddg!.....the best way to get back to your roots is to move to Brownwood....that way you won't have to worry about your fate being determined by the UIL.....plus I hear we have great jobs for dad's with school age sons....lol

.....at least that's what garcia likes to say about us....

Jump in.....the waters fine!

toddg
11-25-2015, 03:59 PM
Why stop there toddg!.....the best way to get back to your roots is to move to Brownwood....that way you won't have to worry about your fate being determined by the UIL.....plus I hear we have great jobs for dad's with school age sons....lol

.....at least that's what garcia likes to say about us....

Jump in.....the waters fine!

LOL!! My youngest will be a bigger, meaner version of my oldest..my middle son is a mild mannered TE ha!! they would probably look good in maroon!!

91 lion
11-25-2015, 04:02 PM
LOL!! My youngest will be a bigger, meaner version of my oldest..my middle son is a mild mannered TE ha!! they would probably look good in maroon!!

I think I saw a pic of them.....good looking boys! I'm sure you are very proud.....and yes, everybody looks better in maroon!

toddg
11-25-2015, 04:10 PM
Thankfully they get their good looks from their mom..that's right, she's from Aledo!! Haha!!

91 lion
11-25-2015, 04:20 PM
Thankfully they get their good looks from their mom..that's right, she's from Aledo!! Haha!!

Smart man.....always marry up!

mwrams
11-25-2015, 04:24 PM
My father, Grandfather and Great Granfather were from Aledo....didnt help me none...LOL

91 lion
11-25-2015, 04:30 PM
My father, Grandfather and Great Granfather were from Aledo....didnt help me none...LOL

I was referring to how old rusty tractor driving Todd was able to date and actually marry a pretty woman....wasn't referring to Aledo...;)

mwrams
11-25-2015, 04:34 PM
yea, the word Aledo scares folks....