PDA

View Full Version : Carthage Bulldogs gonna go

oldtownag
11-23-2015, 10:47 AM
Rikki Tikki Tavi this week!

waterboy
11-23-2015, 11:01 AM
Y'all have a tall task ahead of you this week. Good luck! I like how the Dawgs seem to turn it up a notch when the playoffs begin.

HEMOTOXIC
11-23-2015, 11:13 AM

Buenas Suerte!

GUNHO
11-23-2015, 12:36 PM

Good one oldtown.Just happen that my great granddaughter ( 2nd grade ) had reading homework last week about this....and by the way it ain't a esay read.lol

navscanmaster
11-23-2015, 04:46 PM
I just glanced through the SDC thread about the upcoming game. As I thought, a huge east Texas circle jerk. When a Rattler fan dares suggest that Navasota could win, the whole "why even play the game, the UIL should have just crowned you champs" crap starts. Exactly why I avoid message boards more and more these days, nobody can take smack talk or differing opinions, whether sports or politics.

waterboy
11-23-2015, 05:07 PM
I just glanced through the SDC thread about the upcoming game. As I thought, a huge east Texas circle jerk. When a Rattler fan dares suggest that Navasota could win, the whole "why even play the game, the UIL should have just crowned you champs" crap starts. Exactly why I avoid message boards more and more these days, nobody can take smack talk or differing opinions, whether sports or politics.

SDC used to be a fun place where REAL smack talk was abundant. Most of the posters over there now have no idea how to talk smack. For the most part, all they do over there now is beat their chests, and whomever beats their chest the hardest wins... It's sad, really...

I think both of these teams will have their hands full this week. Navasota "should" be the favorite, and is. They will continue to be the favorite until somebody actually beats them, too.

oldtownag
11-23-2015, 05:37 PM

Gonna be a great game. I wish the game was a little closer to Forney! I sure miss the Dawgs being in Region 2 once the playoffs roll around.

Stay away from SDC if you want to talk about football!

Gig'em!

lostaussie
11-23-2015, 06:49 PM
With all due respect to Nav.......Surratt is famous for pulling a rabbit out of his arse in these kind of games. Carthage playing their best ball of the season. I give them a shot. Still think Nav top dog until proven otherwise...... Can this be the week?????

Dawgs
11-23-2015, 07:07 PM
SDC used to be a fun place where REAL smack talk was abundant. Most of the posters over there now have no idea how to talk smack. For the most part, all they do over there now is beat their chests, and whomever beats their chest the hardest wins... It's sad, really...

I think both of these teams will have their hands full this week. Navasota "should" be the favorite, and is. They will continue to be the favorite until somebody actually beats them, too.
Navasota is the favorite, and rightfully so. I think Carthage has a great chance to pull a big time upset. We are playing our best right now. We will need a couple of trick plays for the win!!! Where the heck is Cowboy. I tried getting him stirred up, but it didn't work. Is there a storm coming or not?

Dawgs
11-23-2015, 07:08 PM
With all due respect to Nav.......Surratt is famous for pulling a rabbit out of his arse in these kind of games. Carthage playing their best ball of the season. I give them a shot. Still think Nav top dog until proven otherwise...... Can this be the week?????
This pretty much sums it up. No need for further discussion. Let's see what happens Friday at 6.

stardog
11-23-2015, 07:34 PM
Then stay off the downlow cause that what it is - cause We all have friends in low places - DOWNLOW !!! Its all in fun - the kids play the game and us downlowers talk the talk and hope to walk the walk. Go read and watch Donald Trump and boys for your entertainment !!!

navscanmaster
11-23-2015, 08:02 PM
I think you missed the point. I miss good smack talk and banter, not the whiny crap that goes on there. Good Xs and Os from all of us bleacher coaches, why our team will win, and good ole bravado. Butthurt can stay at home as far as I am concerned. Me personally, I feel Navasota has what it takes to score TDs and advance, and is in the middle of a great run, whereas Carthage is trying to regain its mojo from their dynasty run a few years back. The Bulldogs have Navasota's attention and respect, being the last L on the record. Ready to watch them battle

bansheefan03
11-23-2015, 08:07 PM
Few years we had one bad season by Carthage standards and now right back in the mix

chaingang
11-23-2015, 08:11 PM
I think you missed the point. I miss good smack talk and banter, not the whiny crap that goes on there. Good Xs and Os from all of us bleacher coaches, why our team will win, and good ole bravado. Butthurt can stay at home as far as I am concerned. Me personally, I feel Navasota has what it takes to score TDs and advance, and is in the middle of a great run, whereas Carthage is trying to regain its mojo from their dynasty run a few years back. The Bulldogs have Navasota's attention and respect, being the last L on the record. Ready to watch them battle

Yeah well we at WOS hate both of y'all. Just kidding, lol. But really though both of y'all ended the seasons of 2 very good Mustang teams. Knowing arguably one of the best 2 teams in 4A will only make it the third round does suck. This should be a SC matchup in my opinion but UIL decided to put the Bulldogs in Reg 3 for some reason. However, In my best sick and demented but completely entertaining way, one of our nemesis has to lose. Insert creepy smiley face because my iPhone won't to the faces.... Lol

oldtownag
11-23-2015, 08:18 PM
I Carthage is trying to regain its mojo from their dynasty run a few years back.

Wow, you talking like 2013 is ancient history.

LionFan72
11-23-2015, 08:31 PM
Just saying, but I think the Bull Dogs have a pretty tough run to go all the way!! There is a lot of talent ahead!

buckeyebob
11-23-2015, 09:31 PM
But Carthage will be Carthage...I think it would be a lot of fun to have both 4A SC from the East

Dawgs
11-23-2015, 09:38 PM
But Carthage will be Carthage...I think it would be a lot of fun to have both 4A SC from the East

Back like it should be...Gilmer and Carthage! Both have a tough road, but that would be fun.

Saggy Aggie
11-23-2015, 10:21 PM
Just my opinion, but Navasota doesnt look as good as last years team. They're still an elite team, but not on a whole nother level like last year. I think they'll get beat this year, not sure if itll be carthage that does it.

I know carthage is really good cuz they stomped a pretty darn good stafford team that was undefeated with one of the harder schedules in 4A this year....

navscanmaster
11-23-2015, 11:57 PM
Just my opinion, but Navasota doesnt look as good as last years team. They're still an elite team, but not on a whole nother level like last year. I think they'll get beat this year, not sure if itll be carthage that does it.

I know carthage is really good cuz they stomped a pretty darn good stafford team that was undefeated with one of the harder schedules in 4A this year....
I see nothing to tell me that they have fallen off yet. The playoff games last year were not a walk in the park for Navasota after round 2, it just so happens they met more fierce opposition in round 2 this year. There was at least one TD I know of against Jasper called back on a punt drive, and two big drops that went the wrong way for Navasota, one a Dickson TD that was bobbled and dropped with open field ahead, and another possible Dickson interception that was dropped and somehow caught by a Jasper player in the red zone. It really was fingers from being 51-14 or worse, but football is football and the team that wins moves on. This should be a battle for all 4 quarters. Hopefully we keep it rolling on.

As for the dynasty comment, there was a break after the 08-10 run with a '13 title between Navasota's titles. So one team is looking to establish a dynasty, and the other trying to regain one. All eyes will be on this game.

Saggy Aggie
11-24-2015, 12:42 AM
I see nothing to tell me that they have fallen off yet. The playoff games last year were not a walk in the park for Navasota after round 2, it just so happens they met more fierce opposition in round 2 this year. There was at least one TD I know of against Jasper called back on a punt drive, and two big drops that went the wrong way for Navasota, one a Dickson TD that was bobbled and dropped with open field ahead, and another possible Dickson interception that was dropped and somehow caught by a Jasper player in the red zone. It really was fingers from being 51-14 or worse, but football is football and the team that wins moves on. This should be a battle for all 4 quarters. Hopefully we keep it rolling on.

As for the dynasty comment, there was a break after the 08-10 run with a '13 title between Navasota's titles. So one team is looking to establish a dynasty, and the other trying to regain one. All eyes will be on this game.
I hear you, and I doubt there's anything stats wise to suggest last years team is better. I'm just giving you my take on what I saw in the eye test.

I'm not saying Carthage will win, I'm just saying Carthage has done better than I expected them to and Navasota looks like they've come back down to earth a bit. The gap was wider last year IMO

I expect this one to be a close one

BoneyFinger
11-24-2015, 09:25 AM
I have seen both teams play this year. If I was going to bet $100.00 on this game I would “Put it back into my pocket and go home.” Both teams are very good and both teams better bring their “A” game. This will be a great game. I will be there!!

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2015, 12:13 PM

Saggy, you made a good point. IMO, I don't see that "Killer Instinct" that we saw in 2014 and definitely in 2012. The potential is definitely there but what will it take for the Rattlers to come out and dominate the entire game like we have come accustomed to?

Just a reminder, every game after the first round last season, starting with Chapel Hill, was a battle. During the first half of the Chapel Hill game, I had my doubts. But that was all laid to rest in the second half.

As Navscanmaster pointed out, in the Jasper game, Navasota had a touchdown that was called back due to holding and 2 drops by Dickson that would have been Navasota touchdowns. Jasper tested Navasota but the score should've, could've, would've been different. It wasn't so much what Jasper was doing but more of Navasota not being in tune offensively. Hopefully, it was just one of those nights for Navasota. I also I hope that this was our wake up call. Some from Jasper have pointed out that #12, Tiger, is very hard to bring down. I think we did an overall good job holding the Bulldogs to 7 halftime points.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Navasota comes out firing and get off to a big lead on Carthage.

OldBison75
11-26-2015, 10:14 AM

I have kept pretty quiet all year about the Rattlers. I believe that this team can be as good as last years State Champions, but, like Hemo said, they have not shown a killer instinct like last year. The loss of some seniors to injuries have hurt, but the replacements have performed very well. There have been bursts of brilliance in every game, but the Rattlers have not played a complete game all year.

Jasper was a very good team that had the speed to matchup well with the Rattlers. Not many teams have that ability. I believe that that game may have awakened the giant though. Navasota now knows that they can't just show up and win. In the words of one player, "We won't ever go into a game knowing we will win again." If that is true, the Rattlers will be ready to show what they can do this week.

As for Carthage, they have the team to beat. Always sound on the line of scrimmage, quality skill people that run a system that is proven to be a winner. They have great coaching and great tradition. It always seems that Carthage is never the flashy team, but they are always a threat to beat anybody. They are the last team to beat the Rattlers.

I see this game being a battle from start to finish. I have to go with the Rattlers to win, but I believe it will be close. If the Rattlers can win the turnover battle I believe they can win by 10. If it is clean and turnovers have no bearing on the scoring it will be by three.

regaleagle
11-26-2015, 07:07 PM

I don't think drops and misses should be considered "unusual" for a primarily passing attack offense. How many throws did Eppler make per game this season? I'm certain it was quite a bit. And perhaps your "other" qbs as well in a backup mode. So in playoff games missed or dropped passes are really factored in as part of the passing attack offense. Sometimes you don't have any at all, and some games it happens more than you would like to see.

cowboyandchrist
11-26-2015, 07:41 PM
The Dawg O line and D line will be the difference in this game. The very big, very strong, and quick O line will punish the Navasota D and the Dawg twin towers will be helping the Navasota Q/B up off the ground. The Dawgs believe they can beat Navasota. This game reminds me of the Brownwood/ Carthage of 2010. Navasota just like Brownwood has beaten everybody by 50 and 60 points. Navasota just like Brownwood has the best Q/B and receiver in 4a this year. The Dawgs just like 2010 will run the ball and the defense will sack the Q/B. The storm is already moving south. Dawgs win by 10. God Bless players, coaches, and fans.

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2015, 08:17 PM
I don't think drops and misses should be considered "unusual" for a primarily passing attack offense. How many throws did Eppler make per game this season? I'm certain it was quite a bit. And perhaps your "other" qbs as well in a backup mode. So in playoff games missed or dropped passes are really factored in as part of the passing attack offense. Sometimes you don't have any at all, and some games it happens more than you would like to see.

When the sure handed, Dickson, drops balls, it's unusual.

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2015, 08:19 PM
the dawg o line and d line will be the difference in this game. The very big, very strong, and quick o line will punish the navasota d and the dawg twin towers will be helping the navasota q/b up off the ground. The dawgs believe they can beat navasota. This game reminds me of the brownwood/ carthage of 2010. Navasota just like brownwood has beaten everybody by 50 and 60 points. Navasota just like brownwood has the best q/b and receiver in 4a this year. The dawgs just like 2010 will run the ball and the defense will sack the q/b. The storm is already moving south. Dawgs win by 10. God bless players, coaches, and fans.

ok. .

lostaussie
11-26-2015, 08:28 PM
ok. .one thing he said I can agree with.......they got some twin tower defensive ends.......I got no idea where they keep getting those tall, athletic guys to play DE.

lostaussie
11-26-2015, 08:31 PM
I so wish I could go watch this one. Not necessarily because I think Carthage has a chance......but mostly because I think this going to be a great high school football game.

speedbump
11-26-2015, 08:32 PM
ok. .

See you next week.

hollywood
11-26-2015, 09:44 PM
I haven't watched either team play this year. Sounds like both are loaded with talent as usual. We all know that Navasota is the team to beat in 4A D1. I think Carthage has a very good chance at doing so tomorrow. May the best team win and advance to round 4. Some good football left!

j_dog
11-27-2015, 05:00 PM

So true. Way too often the postings sound more like my daddy can whip your daddy stuff. Or our stats can whip your stats. In reality, despite records, the game often comes down to match-ups, and of course the breaks. Good luck to both teams.

j_dog
11-27-2015, 05:05 PM

I understand and respect your points. I certainly breathed a sigh of relief when he dropped that wide-open pass. But I do feel that with a little Jasper reverse engineering, Jasper also conceivably could have won that game. As a politician recently said, stuff happens, and we move on.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 07:51 PM
Carthage will have to outscore Navasota......I don't think they can defend against the Rattler offense enough to keep this game low-scoring.

hollywood
11-27-2015, 09:33 PM
Carthage will have to outscore Navasota......I don't think they can defend against the Rattler offense enough to keep this game low-scoring.

Wrong!!! Lol

Carthage up 48-41 to start the 4th quarter.

Saggy Aggie
11-27-2015, 09:37 PM
Wrong!!! Lol

Carthage up 48-41 to start the 4th quarter.
He wasn't wrong.... He was exactly right. Might wanna re-read his post....

Eagle Nation
11-27-2015, 09:39 PM
Keep it up Carthage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bearbear78
11-27-2015, 09:42 PM
Go Carthage!

hollywood
11-27-2015, 10:37 PM
He wasn't wrong.... He was exactly right. Might wanna re-read his post....

Yeah, my bad. I was bouncing back and forth on several other forums. Lol

Carthage was the better team for sure. Great game.

toddg
11-27-2015, 10:39 PM
The Dawgs are back in town!!

slingshot
11-27-2015, 10:40 PM
Congrats Carthage--sounds like a hell of a game!

hollywood
11-27-2015, 10:56 PM

It was.. I listened to the entire game. Both team had turnovers. Slobber knocker of a shootout

clcannon17
11-27-2015, 10:58 PM
It was.. I listened to the entire game. Both team had turnovers. Slobber knocker of a shootout

Good job Carthage!

cowboyandchrist
11-27-2015, 11:15 PM

It was a heart attack type game. It reminded me of the 2010 game with Brownwood. I said in an earlier post that this game would be just like that game and in the end it was. Brownwood threw a pass on the last play that was incomplete and Navasota fumbles running to the end zone to tie it up or go for two. I am glad it did not get to that. Navasota is a great team with outstanding talent. Both teams had a chance to put this game away, but just could not do it. There were mistakes made by both teams, but there was great plays by both teams. The Dawgs won a battle and I credit the Dawg O line and running backs, they were flat out amazing and the receivers making the big plays when they had to. With all the points scored you would think there was not much defense, but you would be wrong. The Dawg D made big stops when we were behind by 15 points to get us back in this game.
We in the Dawg nation believe in the Dawgs and we believe they can beat anybody they play. To us Dawg fans Coach S is one of the best coaches in the state at any level and what he has done for Carthage is just flat out amazing. I usually start with the storm, but I cant do it tonight. If you could have seen the Navasota players praying with the Dawgs tonight it would have brought tears to your face. In defeat they were amazing.
God Bless all players, all coaches, and all fans.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 11:18 PM
Congrats to the Carthage Bulldogs and Hey to C&C for his unwavering devotion to this year's squad when things weren't going as expected. They played a very strong schedule and their losses were by very few and late.

bird_fan
11-27-2015, 11:21 PM
It was a heart attack type game. It reminded me of the 2010 game with Brownwood. I said in an earlier post that this game would be just like that game and in the end it was. Brownwood threw a pass on the last play that was incomplete and Navasota fumbles running to the end zone to tie it up or go for two. I am glad it did not get to that. Navasota is a great team with outstanding talent. Both teams had a chance to put this game away, but just could not do it. There were mistakes made by both teams, but there was great plays by both teams. The Dawgs won a battle and I credit the Dawg O line and running backs, they were flat out amazing and the receivers making the big plays when they had to. With all the points scored you would think there was not much defense, but you would be wrong. The Dawg D made big stops when we were behind by 15 points to get us back in this game.
We in the Dawg nation believe in the Dawgs and we believe they can beat anybody they play. To us Dawg fans Coach S is one of the best coaches in the state at any level and what he has done for Carthage is just flat out amazing. I usually start with the storm, but I cant do it tonight. If you could have seen the Navasota players praying with the Dawgs tonight it would have brought tears to your face. In defeat they were amazing.
God Bless all players, all coaches, and all fans.

Navasota is alway Great Sports win or lose yo gotta respect them

cowboyandchrist
11-27-2015, 11:43 PM
Congrats to the Carthage Bulldogs and Hey to C&C for his unwavering devotion to this year's squad when things weren't going as expected. They played a very strong schedule and their losses were by very few and late.
Thanks regaleagle, From the first time I saw this group take the field I knew they could be special. They reminded me of the 2010 team. This Dawg team transformed in week 7. They started to believe in them selves and once that started you could just tell they were about to explode. The O line is big, strong, and quick and will move the D line off the ball. Our two running backs are a one two punch, one will punish you while the other is strong with a jet engine in his rear. The 83 yard run blew me away because he out ran the fastest receiver Navasota had that was playing defense. I am worn out, that game is what high school football is all about.
Good luck to your Eagles not that they need it, they have proven that they are one of the top programs in the state at the 4A level.
God Bless players, coaches, and fans. I will leave you with this, the storm is moving and with it comes high wind, heavy rain, thunder and lightning, next week hail will join the storm.

regaleagle
11-27-2015, 11:46 PM
Yep.....but not for Argyle and LE next week. They will be playing indoors at AT&T Stadium with a late 9 pm kickoff.

chaingang
11-28-2015, 12:46 AM
Wow! Way to go Carthage. Gonna be honest, I didn't see this happening. Congrats to Sota on a great season!

Dawgs
11-28-2015, 01:36 AM
See you next week.

How did that work out for you? Man we had unfinished business with EC. I was pulling for you guys.

Dawgs
11-28-2015, 01:54 AM
Thanks regaleagle, From the first time I saw this group take the field I knew they could be special. They reminded me of the 2010 team. This Dawg team transformed in week 7. They started to believe in them selves and once that started you could just tell they were about to explode. The O line is big, strong, and quick and will move the D line off the ball. Our two running backs are a one two punch, one will punish you while the other is strong with a jet engine in his rear. The 83 yard run blew me away because he out ran the fastest receiver Navasota had that was playing defense. I am worn out, that game is what high school football is all about.
Good luck to your Eagles not that they need it, they have proven that they are one of the top programs in the state at the 4A level.
God Bless players, coaches, and fans. I will leave you with this, the storm is moving and with it comes high wind, heavy rain, thunder and lightning, next week hail will join the storm.

C&C, I told you last week you could start all your talk, about storms. You are absolutely right. This team found itself in week 7. That's a little late for comfort, and a lot later than most of Carthage's championship teams. I wasn't sure about this team after the Kilgore game. Surratt and his staff are simply amazing. You will not convince me there is a better HS football coach in the nation. As for Navasota, what a class program. That is a great group of young men and coaches. I got a ton of respect for the way they handled themselves in defeat. I wish we all held ourselves to that kind of standard.

Now C&C just tell them the gosh dang tornado has already touched down, and everybody should just take shelter. The Beast from the East is back after a 1 year lay off. I said it last week, and I'll say it again. This team ain't getting beat again this season. There is not a defense left that will stop our O, and our defense is actually really good (got gashed tonight, but came up big in big spots). Everybody remember the name Keontay Ingram (28) RB. He is the next All American big time D1 recruit at Carthage. Kid is only a sophomore.

BoneyFinger
11-28-2015, 09:40 AM
This had to be one of the best High School football games I have ever watched. No, it was probably the BEST. Wow, what a game. I have no ties to either team. I just went to see a great game and I sure got that. Just my opinion, but I think if Navasota and Carthage only played each other during the entire season, they each would probably finish with a 5-5 season. That's how close these two teams are. Wow. Did I mention how great a game this was?!?!

OldBison75
11-28-2015, 10:50 PM
After digesting this game and thinking about it, I give all the credit in the world to the Carthage players and coaches. Those guys came out with a mission and found a way to complete the mission. These two teams were very evenly matched and it played out that way on the scoreboard. Carthage is now the team that has put the last two defeats on the Navasota Rattlers. Carthage has a great program and one of the best coaching staffs in the state, so there is no shame in Navasota over losing. The kids and coaching staff here knew coming into the game that they would have to be perfect to win. They weren't, neither was Carthage. However, Carthage found a way to overcome the mistakes and capitalize on opportunity. That is the mark of a champion. I, for one, expect Carthage to go on and win another state championship. I know a bunch of Navasota kids that will be rooting for them.

There have been some comme3nts about the class of the Rattler team. This is a coaching staff that teaches young men to respect your opponent in victory and defeat. I noticed that the Carthage team was also very reserved in celebration and there was no showmanship in victory, just kids celebrating. It is refreshing to see two class programs play a game that is this important and this competitive and hold onto that class. Respect to the Carthage team and coaching staff for a great season that I hope continues to a State Championship!!!!

HEMOTOXIC
12-01-2015, 05:18 PM
What a game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDnNgM0vXDA

speedbump
12-01-2015, 06:41 PM
Cinderella turns into a pumpkin. Carthage by an ugly step sister. (or more)

LionFan72
12-02-2015, 08:12 PM
Wow, two inept defenses trying to stop two high octane offenses! brought back some bad memories of 2010.

slingshot
12-02-2015, 10:25 PM
Wow, two inept defenses trying to stop two high octane offenses! brought back some bad memories of 2010.EXACTLY what I was thinking after watching about 30 minutes of that... another thing, I get the coach being confident in his offense--but going for it on 4th and 10 from your own 31?

lostaussie
12-03-2015, 05:54 AM
EXACTLY what I was thinking after watching about 30 minutes of that... another thing, I get the coach being confident in his offense--but going for it on 4th and 10 from your own 31?

Go big.......or GO HOME

bansheefan03
12-03-2015, 05:57 AM
He does that alot known for going for it on 4th and whatever any where on the field